Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Israel Folau to meet with Rugby Australia after posting on Instagram that gay people will go to hell

Rugby Australia bosses are set to meet with star Wallabies player Israel Folau following a comment he made earlier this week on social media suggesting that gay people would be sent to "HELL".

Folau, a devout Christian, was replying to a question on​ one of​ his Instagram post​s​ asking: "what was gods [sic] plan for gay people??" Folau responded: "HELL.. Unless they repent of their sins and turn to God." ​

Both the question and reply have now been deleted but were widely shared on social media, leading to​ widespread criticism but also support for the Waratahs full-back.

RA Chief Executive Raelene Castle and Waratahs boss Andrew Hore will now meet with Folau to discuss the situation. The 29 year-old's contract expires at the end of this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97November 19, 2019 12:14 AM

Not white, unsurprisingly.

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2018 6:02 AM

Has now been fired after posting again about gays going to hell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 11, 2019 7:12 PM

Great! Thrilled he was fired. Grease fire to him!

by Anonymousreply 3April 11, 2019 7:17 PM

He just hasn't found the right man...........

by Anonymousreply 4April 11, 2019 7:18 PM

Shame, he is hot.

by Anonymousreply 5April 11, 2019 7:19 PM

Miss Gurl got her ass handed to her.

by Anonymousreply 6April 11, 2019 7:19 PM

He needs anal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 11, 2019 7:21 PM

He’s hot as fuck.

It’s a pity he’s so religious.

Is it in his rights to make this statement?

It seems like hate speech, but it’s really a moral condemnation from a religious perspective. I suppose he has the right to say it, and the league has a right to fire him for his expression.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 11, 2019 7:24 PM

Normal heterosexual men aren’t so obsessed by gay sex.

by Anonymousreply 9April 11, 2019 7:27 PM

Isn't it interesting how the most devoted christians are the most hateful?

by Anonymousreply 10April 11, 2019 7:44 PM

"hot as fuck"???

by Anonymousreply 11April 11, 2019 7:47 PM

In most cases, a hot and stupid guy is a cause for celebration.

by Anonymousreply 12April 11, 2019 7:48 PM

His list of people who are going to hell includes drunks. The dumb fuck was famous for regularly being ejected from bars and clubs in Sydney and Brisbane for being intoxicated.

Leviticus 19:28 in his bible forbids tattoos and yet he is covered in ink.

Of course all that was before he found religion and out it all behind him although I haven’t seen him getting his Tatts lasered off.

He can burn in his hell. Not that it exists, but the impact of what he has said on young gay rugby fans, for example, when the suicide rate in this country among gay and lesbian teenagers is so high, is the problem.

by Anonymousreply 13April 11, 2019 11:27 PM

He has the face of someone who just got off of the special bus in R7's pic.

by Anonymousreply 14April 11, 2019 11:29 PM

He’s very good at catching a ball and thanking his imaginary sky friend when he scores a try but he cannot string a sentence together to save his life.

by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2019 11:36 PM

I knew his Wife. They both grew up in hardcore conservative Polynesian families who went to Church, tithed most of their income and lived by the bible. There are a lot of very very conservative Polynesian families like this in NZ and Aussie. A lot of their parents came over in the 60s straight from the islands to fill factory and labour jobs. They stick together as a community and you don't step out of line or else. Being gay gets you shunned.

by Anonymousreply 16April 12, 2019 12:07 AM

He just lost his $4m contract so he won’t have income much to tithe thanks to his homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 17April 12, 2019 12:19 AM

R10 This man is not hateful but he may be rather dumb.

He's said he follows the Christian policy of "Love the man but not the sin".

His instagram showed he merely pasted in a prepared meme which listed homosexuality as only one of about ten other 'sins'.

by Anonymousreply 18April 12, 2019 12:26 AM

He is absolutely stupid, R18.

After his last “gays are going to burn in hell” Instagram outburst a year ago his contract was renewed but with a clause stipulating that he didn’t post hateful messages on Insta - the Australian Rugby Union has a very inclusive policy on the diversity if its members - and yet he posted something very similar yesterday. Maybe he was just drunk. Although as a good Christian he would know that he’d burn in hell, according to his latest posting.

He got exactly what was coming to him, the dumb fuck.

by Anonymousreply 19April 12, 2019 12:45 AM

Bye, Folaucia!

by Anonymousreply 20April 12, 2019 12:47 AM

I can’t wait to burn in hell with all those hot, naked men! It’ll be like the sauna at Flex. Except there is no hell. Oh well,

by Anonymousreply 21April 12, 2019 1:16 AM

His Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2019 1:31 AM

He looks simple.

by Anonymousreply 23April 12, 2019 1:32 AM

Have a listen to him preaching in church last month - the dumb fuck also doesn’t like Catholics, Christmas and Easter because his imaginary sky friend told him that they’re not ok.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 12, 2019 1:59 AM

R12 he's not so hot now.

by Anonymousreply 25April 12, 2019 9:34 AM

Ayy supposedly straight man who is so vehemently anti-gay is clearly a closet case.

by Anonymousreply 26April 12, 2019 9:35 AM

R26 using DL logic.

by Anonymousreply 27April 12, 2019 10:21 AM

Well, I've posted that shit-stupid people can go fuck themselves, so I guess he had the right to respond.

by Anonymousreply 28April 12, 2019 10:37 AM

R28 But we are people without a public profile and what we say doesn't mean much and nobody gives a fuck. Also, this isn't a hate site, even if some hateful things are posted. He is a public figure that young people look up to. There is a big difference. There is way too much hate in the world as it is without people with a public profile adding fuel to the fire.

by Anonymousreply 29April 12, 2019 10:45 AM

I wonder how he gets on with other rugby players considering most of them are drug and gambling addicted philanderers? Not to mention their abuse of women.

by Anonymousreply 30April 12, 2019 11:28 AM

I don't see why his personal beliefs should affect his contract. He has a right to say and think what he wants.

He has been stood down from his team. He hasn't actually been fired, as yet.

He's the biggest name in the game in Australia. He'll be back.

by Anonymousreply 31April 12, 2019 11:34 AM

R30 excellent question!

by Anonymousreply 32April 12, 2019 11:50 AM

You think Qantas are going to let him play on a team they sponsor R31? He’s out of the Wallabies. No way he backs down or apologises for this.

by Anonymousreply 33April 12, 2019 12:39 PM

Wonder how he'd feel if someone posted that his god hates Pacific Islanders.

by Anonymousreply 34April 12, 2019 12:51 PM

Exactly R34. He must know how it feels to be discriminated against.

I do wonder if this is some misguided attempt to condemn other players after all the bad press lately.

by Anonymousreply 35April 12, 2019 2:21 PM

[Quote] Wonder how he'd feel if someone posted that his god hates Pacific Islanders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 12, 2019 5:16 PM

R31 After his last homophobic posting a year ago his contract was amended with a clause that he could not post hate speech on social media. Telling a group of people that they will burn in hell is hate speech. The contract was worth $A4m. He didn’t have to sign it if it was in contravention of his religious beliefs. But he did - I guess that A$4m was more important to him at the time than his belief in his imaginary sky friend.

He broke his contract and his contract was terminated. No surprise there, unless one is really stupid, which, I suspect, he is.

Rugby Australia has always lead the way in Australian football codes regarding diversity, respect and against homophobia. They recognise that they have a large fan base and in that fan base could be teenagers dealing with their own sexuality. Australian gay and lesbian teenagers are disproportionately represented in suicide stats. Imagine being a teenage boy or girl who is struggling with their sexuality and their idol Israel Folau posts that they will burn in hell. That’s why Rugby Australia has their policy. And of course they want to attract the best players and they recognise that there are many talented gay and lesbian rugby players in this country. It’s been heartening to see current and former Wallabies (the National rugby team) come out in support of Rugby Australia and saying that he had to go.

It’s not about freedom of speech or religious freedom. It’s about a dumb bigoted jock breaching his contract by posting hate speech and paying the consequences. He deserved what he got.

by Anonymousreply 37April 13, 2019 12:57 AM

[quote]There are a lot of very very conservative Polynesian families like this in NZ and Aussie.

Sort of reminds me of the twisted Christian closet case who catfished Manti Te'o by pretending to be a girl online.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 13, 2019 1:07 AM

Such a shame, he has lovely lips.

by Anonymousreply 39April 13, 2019 1:12 AM

And supposedly the parents of the man who catfished Manti Te'o R38 sent him away to gay conversion therapy.

by Anonymousreply 40April 13, 2019 2:04 AM

Doth protest

by Anonymousreply 41April 13, 2019 2:06 AM

R37 well said.

by Anonymousreply 42April 13, 2019 4:22 AM

Is now challenging his firing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 18, 2019 8:08 PM

R43 of course he is.

by Anonymousreply 44April 19, 2019 11:52 AM

He’s quoting the Bible that at least hundreds of millions of other people called Christians believe are is the liberal, inerrant authoritative binding Word of God. Should people not be fired for quoting the Bible or their religious beliefs that are held by a huge percentage of humanity. That’s basic religious liberty and Nondiscrimination. Punishing him is essentially banning a huge percentage or majority of committed Christians from public life and employment. This should be overturned as illegal religious discrimination.

by Anonymousreply 45April 19, 2019 12:16 PM

"Bye, Folaucia" I love you R20!!

by Anonymousreply 46April 19, 2019 12:21 PM

[bold]That foreign born Rugby player is about to get fired from his professional team for some remarks he made. The thing is though he is a hypocrite. He cheats on his wife and also goes to strip clubs all the time. Oh, and there was the threesome with another guy. This is all going to come out. Israel Folau[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 47April 19, 2019 6:16 PM

R47 Israel Folau is Australian. He was born in Sydney.

by Anonymousreply 48April 19, 2019 6:23 PM

He isn’t being punished for his religious beliefs. He is being punished for breaking the terms of his contract. He signed the contract, which was updated after he previously published hate speech on social media to specifically call out that this was not acceptable. The contract is worth $A4m. He didn’t have to sign it.

He’s now free to say what ever he likes. He can fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 49April 19, 2019 6:24 PM

R48 i know that. But CDAN doesn't.....or he doesn't care.

by Anonymousreply 50April 19, 2019 6:25 PM

R49, so his contract considers quoting the Bible “hate speech?” If so, it’s a contract that inherently discriminates against Christians.

by Anonymousreply 51April 19, 2019 6:37 PM

He desperately needs multiple cocks in his ass to undo that self loathing within and to release that tension.

by Anonymousreply 52April 19, 2019 6:40 PM

No R51, his contract didn’t forbid him quoting the bible. It forbade him posting anything that is in contravention of Rugby Australia’s policy on use of social media and against its standards on inclusion and diversity. See my response R37 above for what Rugby Australia has these policies in place.

Those policies specify no hate speech. Stating that homosexuals will burn in Hell is hate speech. I don’t believe that the bible states that homosexuals will “burn in Hell” but I’m happy to be corrected if you can provide a reference.

Rugby Australia is his employer. Was his employer, I mean. Most employment contracts specify what is considered by the employer to be not appropriate behaviour.

He knew what he signed up for. I guess the dollars we’re too hard to pass up, religious beliefs didn’t seem to come into it for Folau at the time.

by Anonymousreply 53April 19, 2019 7:12 PM

Has his name tattooed on his chest cuz he's always forgetting it.

by Anonymousreply 54April 19, 2019 11:52 PM

Ass shots are appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 55April 20, 2019 2:14 AM

R48 I think on CDAN foreign born means born out of the USA

by Anonymousreply 56April 20, 2019 3:54 AM

He should be more worried about the majority of his fellow Pacific Islanders burning in hell for their gluttony. Guess he forgot that's a sin, too.

by Anonymousreply 57May 5, 2019 11:11 AM

Always interesting that those who claim to be the most religious completely ignore the “Judge Not” rule, the very central aspect of Christianity

by Anonymousreply 58May 5, 2019 11:57 AM

58 some things never change.

by Anonymousreply 59May 5, 2019 11:59 AM

[Quote] I don't see why his personal beliefs should affect his contract. He has a right to say and think what he wants.

Um, not according to the contract he signed willingly

by Anonymousreply 60May 5, 2019 12:00 PM

He's ugly. Good.

by Anonymousreply 61May 5, 2019 12:05 PM

R58. Christians are supposed to judge. I am sure you have never read the bible because if you have you will realize that followers of Christ are expected to verbally critize those considered sinful. A lot of prophets in the bible had from Jeremiah to Abraham had to condemn others. Fundamentalist Christians are biblical followers even though they don't always follow God's teachings. The judge not referenced in the bible is about people casting stone. It does not mean Christians should not point out sinful behaviors. I know the bible can be tough to understand and abide by even for fundamental christians. The bible is basically a book of moral rules.

by Anonymousreply 62May 5, 2019 12:13 PM

R45 Your precious Bible also condones slavery. Would it be ok for Folau to praise the slavery of African Americans? Could he be fired for that or is that also covered by religious freedom?

Also, show me an accurate translation of the Bible that mentions the word 'hell' even once. I'll wait.

by Anonymousreply 63May 5, 2019 12:58 PM

[Quote] Also, show me an accurate translation of the Bible that mentions the word 'hell' even once. I'll wait.

It isn't mentioned at all?

by Anonymousreply 64May 5, 2019 1:10 PM

R64 No. The concept of hell was invented later and then inserted in inaccurate Bible translations to fit this narrative. But no one ever questioned this.

by Anonymousreply 65May 5, 2019 1:16 PM

Shame the football codes won’t do something about their fans who scream “faggots!” At the opposing teams.

by Anonymousreply 66May 5, 2019 1:28 PM

R66 Actually rugby union is much better at it than football (soccer).

by Anonymousreply 67May 5, 2019 2:00 PM

Religion is so fucked. He is one incredibly handsome, sexy man. Too bad he’s part of the Christian cult.

by Anonymousreply 68May 5, 2019 2:17 PM

If he's a Christian, then it's not "hate speech" it's literally what he professes to believe will happen to us. There's no intent if he's just expressing his belief, however ridiculous & vile it is. If Rugby Australia wants to protect its money, then that's something else, but whether it's enforceable is another issue. Just don't say it's because they give a fuck about the community, because they don't. All this role model stuff is just bullshit--no athlete should be told to change their life because of it--"think of the children!!!" FOH

Whether or not he's a sinner himself by going to strip clubs is not the point. TPTB will just use it against him if he tries to defend his position to get him to back down.

by Anonymousreply 69May 5, 2019 3:48 PM

Why do non-whites adhere to the Eurocentric Christian dogma more than white Christians? This is the same BS that white people used to force upon your ancestors.

by Anonymousreply 70May 5, 2019 3:58 PM

His hearing has gone into a third day, and he refused a pay-out to leave. This might get interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 5, 2019 4:20 PM

[quote]Why do non-whites adhere to the Eurocentric Christian dogma more than white Christians? This is the same BS that white people used to force upon your ancestors.

From the Aretha thread:

No, it is not essentially a white man’s creation. You are viewing it through an American lens. Firstly, various Orthodox types of Judaism, Christianity and Islam filtered into Africa over the millennia by dint of location. Certainly nowhere near a majority or even a great minority, but number of Africans practised Abrahamic monotheism hundreds of years ago. The Christianity they practised was neither Catholicism nor Protestant.

As for why slaves practised Christianity in America at all. Firstly, they were in America, and Americans in the South practised Protestant Christianity so it was enforced by their owners. As for Baptists, Evangelical faith has a personal aspect due to the Holy Spirit. God is apparent to Christians in 3 ways: through the Father, the old man on the cloud in the Old Testament, through the human Son Jesus Christ in The New Testament, and through the Holy Spirit which is a feeling of connection to God. In practical terms, that’s about it as far as Orthodox and Catholic Christians go, they’re not massively into the Holy Spirit. But Evangelicals are all about the Holy Spirit. It’s what made people speak on tongues in the New Testament. It’s the feeling of Godliness that makes them shuck and jive and sing and dance and scream “Amen!” in church. So if you’re a slave, singing Spirituals and praying is a very uplifting thing.

Secondly, one of the cornerstones of Christianity is free will. Another more importantly is forgiveness. Christ taught that a person is not burdened with doubt, shame, guilt or anxiety. A follower of Christ can chose how to act in any given circumstance and that God does not compel you to behave in one way or the other. It’s your choice. And you carry the consequences - but, if you recognise you cause harm, God forgives you.

So Christianity recognised that it is not the slaves’ fault they are in chains and they retain value as men, and the burden of the punishments committed upon them is not theirs to carry.

Christians value the soul - the mind, the spirit - more than the body. So whatever hardships you suffer, it doesn’t make you less valuable of a human being, your life any less worthwhile regardless of how others treat you because in the grand scheme of God/the Universe, you are a being of value.

Hope all that helps.

by Anonymousreply 72May 5, 2019 4:33 PM

[quote] I knew his Wife. They both grew up in hardcore conservative Polynesian families who went to Church, tithed most of their income and lived by the bible. There are a lot of very very conservative Polynesian families like this in NZ and Aussie. A lot of their parents came over in the 60s straight from the islands to fill factory and labour jobs. They stick together as a community and you don't step out of line or else. Being gay gets you shunned.

Tithing = 10% of your income.

by Anonymousreply 73May 5, 2019 5:46 PM

In whose world is this dude "hot"? I find him butt-ugly.

by Anonymousreply 74May 5, 2019 6:05 PM

[quote] This demonstrates to me that many, if not most, POC want to associate with whites as little as possible. They do not trust us or like us. So all this bending over backwards to accommodate the black community is mostly in vain and will lead to nowhere as far as racial social and political equity is concerned.

[quote] As a white dude, I'd be afraid to take my dog for a walk there.

[quote] In whose world is this dude "hot"? I find him butt-ugly.

He's not white; so of course you do.

by Anonymousreply 75May 5, 2019 6:25 PM

R65. You think you are going to gay paradise when you die. Sure Jan.

by Anonymousreply 76May 5, 2019 6:28 PM

R76 I don't believe in hell or paradise. It's all made up.

by Anonymousreply 77May 5, 2019 6:37 PM

He has the eyes of an extreme submissive. Someone who wants in his soul to be overpowered dominated and owned.

by Anonymousreply 78May 5, 2019 6:52 PM

R78 you got all that just from looking at his eyes?

by Anonymousreply 79May 6, 2019 12:05 AM

r66 maybe I'm just so cynical, depressed, generally fucked up, whatever you want to call it, that I really don't care about that. I've become inured to "faggot" as a personal slur b/c it's everywhere, almost like nazi, i.e. Soup Nazi. Mind you, I've never had it directed at me, either. I've gotten bitch & other veiled homophobic insults, but not that.

I'm also an eldergay who thinks you have limited bandwidth to pick your battles. That's why I was against gay marriage as the wedge issue that went to the SCOTUS. I would've rather had broader anti-discrimination laws for jobs, and stronger hate crime laws.

by Anonymousreply 80May 7, 2019 12:36 AM

R80 you can still share your opinions here.

by Anonymousreply 81May 7, 2019 1:39 AM

Asics shoes just dropped him as brand ambassador.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 9, 2019 2:57 PM

He is like a christian version of a muslim. He might as well have psychopathic tendencies due to his religious fanaticism and it's pretty clear he would be in favour of killing gays.

by Anonymousreply 83May 9, 2019 3:26 PM

There is no hell. There is no heaven either. So don't worry about it. However, this Folau douchebag is still an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 84May 9, 2019 4:49 PM

Hell is not biblical, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 85May 9, 2019 5:00 PM

Why do people care what random homophobes have to say?

by Anonymousreply 86May 9, 2019 5:03 PM

Fired!

by Anonymousreply 87May 17, 2019 5:06 PM

R77. I hope you don't die and you get to live forever because if you do die I hope you don't have to find it out for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 88May 17, 2019 5:25 PM

Who's the Christian loon on this thread? Right to free speech in the US is limited to actions by the government, not private businesses. If it's the same in Australia he doesn't have a free speech right for this. By the way bitch, cause I know you are a damn frau, slaves converted to Christianity because their slave owners made them. There were Muslim slaves and they were threatened to convert to Christianity. Like the Indians. If the slave owners had been Buddhist, the slaves would have ended up Buddhist.

by Anonymousreply 89May 17, 2019 8:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 18, 2019 9:29 PM

[Quote] I am deeply saddened by today’s decision to terminate my employment and I am considering my options. As Australians, we are born with certain rights, including the right to freedom of religion and the right to freedom of expression. The Christian faith has always been a part of my life and I believe it is my duty as a Christian to share God’s word. Upholding my religious beliefs should not prevent my ability to work or play for my club or country.

🤔

by Anonymousreply 91May 19, 2019 1:18 AM

Sure, you can uphold your religious beliefs like your employer can uphold their code of conduct rules.

by Anonymousreply 92May 19, 2019 1:26 AM

i'm so fucking sick of xtians

by Anonymousreply 93May 19, 2019 1:38 AM

I want his cock in me, hard out

by Anonymousreply 94June 27, 2019 7:29 AM

He is a dumb fucking greedy jock. It’s interesting that there is no footage of him actually speaking up and defending himself. It’s all through Insta posts and statements posted by his team. Even his wife has spoken up. He’s obviously too fucking stupid to be let loose near a microphone except in his church. Of which his dad is the pastor.

He’s the one who can burn in hell.

by Anonymousreply 95June 27, 2019 8:18 AM

Plot twist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96July 1, 2019 8:15 AM

This dickhead is at it again 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97November 19, 2019 12:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!