Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hardships of being beautiful

A new column for The Cut is explaining the hardships beautiful people face, and it’s about time somebody started paying attention.

An unidentified “woman in her late 50s” told author Alexa Tsoulis-Reay the troubles and adversity gorgeous people are forced to face in this life.

She stated in part:

One of the worst things about being beautiful is that other women absolutely despise you. Women have made me cry my whole life. When I try to make friends with a woman, I feel like I’m a guy trying to woo her. Women don’t trust me. They don’t want me around their husbands. I’m often excluded from parties, with no explanation. I imagine their thought process goes something like this: “What does it matter if I hurt her feelings. She has her looks and that’s more than I have. Life has already played favorites …” It’s kind of like being born rich, people don’t believe that you feel the same pain. It’s a bias that people can’t shake.I’m glad somebody is finally taking a stand for all of us good looking people out here. When I first read this article, I honestly thought maybe I wrote it during a blackout.

Look, you all probably think waking up, looking in the mirror and seeing a stunning face staring back is easy. You probably think everything we have was just handed to us because some of us have crystal blue eyes and rugged facial hair. Well, I have news for you. Life is a struggle when you’re gorgeous. It just is.

Now, I could assume that women won’t talk to me at the bars for a variety of different reasons. That would seem logical by the standards of non-attractive people. However, I prefer to imagine that women shoot me down because my good looks are so overwhelming that they don’t know how to handle it. After all, I’m sure Matthew McConaughey even struck out once in his life. It happens to those of us who are faces of a nation.

What’s that old saying? I think it’s something along the lines of “Men want to be him and women want to be with him.” This is the curse that I’ve brought upon myself thanks to my unbelievable DNA, Mountain Dew addiction, Miller Lite enjoyment, love of red meat and refusal to exercise.

Being a good looking person is a burden that some of us will have to carry forever. I simply ask that you all, in the spirit of this outstanding article from The Cut, take some time to be a little more understanding of our plight. We would never wish this life on any of the less attractive people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118May 27, 2019 5:14 PM

How many ugly people has this woman ever approached?

Touche

by Anonymousreply 1April 6, 2018 1:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 6, 2018 1:49 PM

Keep provoking those acid attacks...

by Anonymousreply 3April 6, 2018 1:51 PM

Take heart, great beauties. Age will bring fading looks and diminishing desirability. The doors to all those ugly-privileged worlds you’ve only dreamed of will begin opening and they will never close on you.

by Anonymousreply 4April 6, 2018 1:52 PM

Hardships ? Lmao

by Anonymousreply 5April 6, 2018 1:56 PM

From the writer's closing paragraph:

[quote]Here’s the really sad part. It doesn’t matter how beautiful you were in your youth; when you age you become invisible. You could still look fabulous but … who cares? Nobody is looking. [bold]Even my young-adult sons ignore me[/bold].

Does she... [italic]want[/italic] her sons' attention?

by Anonymousreply 6April 6, 2018 2:00 PM

R6 narcissists want everyone’s attention.

by Anonymousreply 7April 6, 2018 2:03 PM

There can indeed be a lot of jealousy towards beautiful people.

by Anonymousreply 8April 6, 2018 3:32 PM

R8 but the pros outweigh the cons.

by Anonymousreply 9April 6, 2018 4:06 PM

Sounds like she treats other women like dirt!

Probably hits on their husbands too.

by Anonymousreply 10April 6, 2018 4:20 PM

Seems to me "beautiful" types seems to be the most insecure, especially when the aging process begins.

by Anonymousreply 11April 6, 2018 4:26 PM

"My looks definitely opened doors for me. I worked in PR and as a news producer, writer, reporter, and talk-show host. I did acting in daytime soaps, TV commercials, and theater. I never interviewed for a job I didn’t get. I had a good degree from a good college, sure, but I think all things being equal I’d get the job above other candidates because of the way I look."

Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 12April 6, 2018 4:27 PM

While it may be true a good looking woman might be treated unfairly by one who is less attractive---it does happen-- it's not as if that person wants for friendship. There are more people eager to worship at the alter of a good-looking person than those that would snub them because of it. Besides, birds of a feather and all that. Everyone finds their own kind.

I am however, so glad that my eyes have been opened to the the suffering of the beautiful. I will make it a point to prioritize the feelings of these special creatures. Life should always be fair, because that is how the world works.

by Anonymousreply 13April 6, 2018 4:35 PM

Late fifties? She's delusional if she thinks her beauty is why people hate her. An average looking thirty year old would get more attention than an aging fifty something once beautiful woman. They hate her because she's a horrible person.

by Anonymousreply 14April 6, 2018 4:55 PM

Is there a picture, so we can judge her beauty?

by Anonymousreply 15April 6, 2018 5:06 PM

The "unidentified woman" caught on film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 6, 2018 5:21 PM

Here they come

The beautiful ones

The beautiful ones

La la la la

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 6, 2018 5:24 PM

What's this now?

by Anonymousreply 18April 6, 2018 5:36 PM

R14, age does not have that much to do with it. I am a female who is 60 years old 5'8' and 128 pounds. I am blonde with a little bit of grey but do have my roots colored. I still get attention but no longer from the young hot men. It is now old men that try to flirt with me. I have lived a very charmed life and owe much of it to my looks. When I was younger I always got every job I ever wanted and all the hot young men one could want. However, I realize their was a trade off a long time ago. I was always considered a threat and had to over extend myself to make friends. Once people realized I was a kind person with a good heart they were willing to accept me. I do not miss my fading looks at all. In fact it is sort of a relief not to worry about your appearance as much. And I can make friends a lot more easier today.

by Anonymousreply 19April 6, 2018 5:37 PM

Harvey's girl Charlize Theron told British GQ in a new interview. “How many roles are out there for the gorgeous, f***ing, gown-wearing eight-foot model? When meaty roles come through, I’ve been in the room and pretty people get turned away first.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 6, 2018 5:43 PM

Someone better ask Tempest before she dies. Gloria and Dixie are dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 6, 2018 5:44 PM

I wish I had that cross to bear. I’m as plain as can be. And life is hard.

by Anonymousreply 22April 6, 2018 6:00 PM

Okay, there was a time when I would've rolled my eyes at something like this but I actually saw someone go through this.

Back in art school, there was a very pretty girl in my class. She hit the Aryan trifecta--white, blonde, crystal blue eyes. Very nice person, hard working and showed a talent for graphic design. No matter how hard she worked or how much talent she showed, she was treated like garbage the entire time by professors, lots of passive aggressive comments designed to discourage her and run her out of school. When I saw and heard what was happening, initially I thought, "Oh, sexist POS!" But it wasn't sexism, because the professors were respectful to other female students. They were treating her like a cute little puppy dog, as in, "Aw, how cute. She thinks she's people. Okay, Cutie Pie. You had your fun is over. Run along and play with your Barbies and try out some lip gloss. Bye!" So, this thing can and does happen. They simply saw her as too "cute" and "pretty" to make it in graphic design.

And also, because we put beautiful people on such a pedestal I think there can definitely be the type of disconnect where us mere mortals either can't really connect with or relate to them, or are suspicious, fearful of or intimidated by them. In the past, whenever I was in the company of really beautiful people, I would look past them because growing up, troll dolls like me were taught we weren't on their "level" so I just assumed the worst about them (superficial, snooty, arrogant, looked down on me, etc.). I'm older now and couldn't GAF but yeah, I can totally see people rejecting extremely beautiful people based on the logic of, "Oh, she/he's out of my league," or "They're probably a stuck up bitch/asshole," or "They probably won't want to interact with someone like me, so why bother?"

by Anonymousreply 23April 6, 2018 6:48 PM

' I can totally see people rejecting extremely beautiful people based on the logic of, "Oh, she/he's out of my league," or "They're probably a stuck up bitch/asshole," or "They probably won't want to interact with someone like me, so why bother?" '

Maybe because it's true?

I was one of those guys who was a cute good looking kid who then turned ugly during adolescence. I had no trouble picking up guys in bars. I guess I was intelligent, smart and personable enough but once out in the light I got all sorts of excuses. And I'm not even talking about guys who were 8 and above. I'd gladly have dealt with the problems of being too handsome.

In other words no pity. So you're not taken seriously for your talent and intelligence. There are far worse things. Especially when you've already got the fucking job.

by Anonymousreply 24April 6, 2018 8:33 PM

Ok, I'm not defending her, but some of what she says is true. I know an absolutely gorgeous gay man who'd never get picked up at a bar or messaged on Grindr. At the bar, I think it was because everyone assumed they were out of his league and, on Grindr, everyone thought his pictures were fake. He's an incredibly sweet, kind, decent guy and he's practically a hermit because of this. He's awkward enough socially, but he genuinely doesn't understand why he can't get a date. I honestly don't know why either. He thinks it might be because he's only 5'8. Still, wouldn't you think someone would at least want to fuck the poor guy?

Charlize is right about the better roles going to more plain or average actresses. It's probably harder work to de-glam someone like Charlize.

by Anonymousreply 25April 6, 2018 8:58 PM

[quote]Charlize is right about the better roles going to more plain or average actresses. It's probably harder work to de-glam someone like Charlize.

So what?

by Anonymousreply 26April 6, 2018 9:33 PM

Re: Charlize -- Monster, anyone?

And I love beautiful women -- but then again, I'm a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 27April 6, 2018 9:36 PM

I feel nothing for people blessed with good looks trying to get sympathy. Really? Try being average or worse for a day and you’ll gladly run back to admiring yourself in the mirror 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 28April 6, 2018 9:48 PM

its so weird when mediocre looking people consider themselves beautiful. If thats her in the pic, she's middling attractive at best - truly beautiful people never acknowledge their beauty or ever complain about its burden...they just know what it is and take it in stride. I know a couple of truly beautiful people - men and women - and its never a point of discussion - they are aware - walking down the street with them is very interesting, but they never reference it - its just part of their day

by Anonymousreply 29April 6, 2018 9:57 PM

But aren't they aware when being noticed starts becoming less and less then stops and they find it disconcerting or do you think they are able to take that in stride as well?

I remember reading something about Ava Gardner who when young claimed she didn't give a damn about her good looks until age and drinking started taking them away and it was very difficult for her.

by Anonymousreply 30April 6, 2018 11:18 PM

The one thing I'll give beautiful people sympathy for is being hit on, aggressively, all the time.

I worked with a woman who was beautiful, beautiful beautiful. It was like she was being hunted at times. But mostly, I had to laugh at how advantageous it was. She got in a car accident once that was her fault and the other driver got out of his car and apologized to her. We went out to get lunch and were waiting in a pretty long line and one of the guys behind the counter yelled to her, Can I help you? We were like 10 people back! He was like a panting dog. I could go on, but you get the gist.

by Anonymousreply 31April 6, 2018 11:23 PM

Physically attractive people are a dime a dozen. Really beautiful human beings are very rare.

by Anonymousreply 32April 6, 2018 11:25 PM

r31 Well, it the opposite is true with gay men. My friend, who was drop-dead gorgeous, tried to get in "The Saint" one night in NY in the 1980s. Well, he was told by a friend to ask the guys coming in with memberships to help get him in. Well, he was insulted, dissed, and treated with utter contempt by those jealous queens. After the sixth try, he gave up and went home.

by Anonymousreply 33April 6, 2018 11:30 PM

r25 I guarantee that if your friend is hot and makes even passing eye contact in a gay club or bar men will come over with tails wagging. I remember seeing a group of hot gay bros at a club but you'd think they were in their own VIP section the way they avoided everyone that was a an 8 or below. It's that disgusting behavior and their ability to always find a new partner that makes people roll their eyes at their complaints. Do you think think Matt Boomer ever lost sleep for over his beautiful (not including the late night sex)?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 7, 2018 2:10 AM

I wish I could relate but I’m fat and ugly. It almost makes me want to end my life. People treat ugly people like crap.

by Anonymousreply 35April 7, 2018 2:22 AM

Let's be honest, if you're fat then you are also treating yourself like crap. Weight loss can help with the ugly; if it's really bad consider plastic surgery. No shame in giving yourself an upgrade.

by Anonymousreply 36April 7, 2018 2:25 AM

She's describing her looks as an on/off switch. It opens doors and other women are jealous and then one day it's all gone? I guess men get to be considered desirable longer.. Her piece says something to me about how women treat each other.

by Anonymousreply 37April 7, 2018 2:52 AM

Do shut up R29. It's a completely isolating life . Women are the worst. Like you've committed a personal crime against them. They'll happily take the bread off of your table. It's career ruining most times. Women cannot deal.

by Anonymousreply 38April 7, 2018 3:14 AM

"She hit the Aryan trifecta--"

Sounds like she punched a nag on the racetrack during Germany's Third Reich Years.

by Anonymousreply 39April 7, 2018 3:18 AM

You know what happens when you are a really attractive heterosexual woman - men/strangers are constantly checking you out, married ones are the worst - it is like being hunted - meanwhile the ones you desire, that you are with in relationships get past the looks pronto and actually nit pick endless faults so as to kind of "keep you in your place" and work towards sabotaging your self esteem - I mean seriously - they want the trophy woman but work to bring her down a peg or two so they won't get dumped. How nice it would have been to have the one you Love say "babe you are smoking hot" - instead of lustful strangers and rude women you over shadow. At least this was my experience. I wish I would have learned to just use people with less conscious burden and use those looks as leverage - but I had some kind of sticky moral value system that kept me "too nice" - it got me nothing. The idea is you should figure out how to take advantage of what ever your circumstances are while here on earth because life is hard. Now I am too old to find the sugar daddy or take the high class prostitution offers I should have accepted in my youth, maybe I would be living in big house with comforts - instead of trying to find "good girl Love" with Joe College guy who brought me grief and pain. I think life for pretty much everybody is the shitty end of a stick - nobody gets a pass - NOBODY. I regret obviously trying so hard to have Love. I should have just said F it, and used the world up. Instead I tried to downplay and find acceptance.

by Anonymousreply 40April 7, 2018 3:27 AM

Beauty causes all kinds of irrational behavior in women and queens. It's unreal.

by Anonymousreply 41April 7, 2018 3:27 AM

[quote]Charlize is right about the better roles going to more plain or average actresses. It's probably harder work to de-glam someone like Charlize.

Her face barely moved in Atomic Blonde. She's clearly doing everything to preserve her beauty and postpone aging. So maybe she doesn't want the meaty parts that go to (older) actresses who look human.

by Anonymousreply 42April 7, 2018 3:29 AM

"Charlize is right about the better roles going to more plain or average actresses"

No, lots of meaty roles call for a beautiful woman, and the plain or average actresses don't even get a look at the script. In fact, about 90% of the roles for women call for someone young and beautiful, the girlfriend or the hot babe.

And I'd go into a long rant about a looker like Theron wanting it all, wanting both the glamour roles and the roles that should go to uglier women... if she hadn't already done a spectacular job of playing ugly.

by Anonymousreply 43April 7, 2018 4:41 AM

In the neighborhood where I grew up, there was a girl who seemed to have hit the jackpot. Stunning natural beauty, knockout figure, very bright, and nice as well.

She's the one person I ever knew who deliberately downplayed her looks. When she got into a top college she got tired of being constantly hit on and not being taken seriously, and she started wearing glasses and baggy clothes and cut her hair unflatteringly short. Of course she was still lovely, she looked like a character in a movie who's about to get the but-you're-beautiful makeover, but she actually was taken more seriously.

That's so rare, nobody else has ever been able to bear giving up the privileges of beauty, but she was so bright she didn't need to use her looks. And I haven't seen her in years, but I assume aging didn't hit her as hard as most knockouts.

by Anonymousreply 44April 7, 2018 4:46 AM

R40, awesome comment.

by Anonymousreply 45April 7, 2018 4:36 PM

The comment R40 made was right on about how Joe Average nitpicks any aspect of your non perfection (but still gorgeous) physical qualities. My sister's ex whom she dumped eventually actually alluded to the possibility of our mother drinking to our lip size! Our lips are fine just going with all that lip plumping popularity craze about a decade ago, he was.

Well one night he decided to shave off his beard and moustache. She was horrified. Couldn't even look at him. He had absolutely no top lip at all.Like a fine point pen line of pink. It was like he had a slit for where a mouth should belong. To top it all off he had a really big nose making the symmetry of his face so off kilter. So why? Why you ask? Projection. His mother was actually realised to be an alcoholic crackhead and it painted her children's looks in descending order. His sisters were all envious, catty genetic Fukashimas.

When people react with outrage to another suffering abusive envy it just shows that they or anyone in their immediate family own nothing in which to elicit envy in others. It's on them.

by Anonymousreply 46April 7, 2018 4:59 PM

Stupid R29. You big dummy. Of course we're not going to reference it. It's obvious for all to see especially walking down the street. How would that look if we referenced it? Prompted, though we'll share the stalkerish strangers, the unwelcomed attention using public transit, being a target by competitive, envious people for no reason at all.

While this really sucks at work or potential in laws situation it also invites danger from Joe Blow public. You end up being followed a lot.

by Anonymousreply 47April 7, 2018 5:18 PM

No R13 that is not how it works. Then again, what would you know, right?

by Anonymousreply 48April 7, 2018 5:25 PM

It's a terrible life, a horrific imposition! I think most of you would have no idea!

by Anonymousreply 49April 7, 2018 5:31 PM

There was a thread here a few months ago (I can't be arsed to look for it and link it) which asked what it was like to be an attractive woman. I can assure you that it isn't always a cakewalk. It takes a woman of great self-confidence (which generally comes with age) to not feel threatened by an attractive woman. I am very pretty, I have large tits, and my best friends are men and lesbians, which isn't a bit surprising. Now throw in the fact that I work in a toxic office environment and you can imagine how accepting and warm the other women--as you would call them, the frauen--are towards me. I don't do a goddamn thing to them, I don't even wear much makeup or revealing clothing; I happen to have some good genes and somehow I'm an asshole. This idea that beautiful women are bitches is the weirdest myth; why on earth would we be? It's the ones who feel in constant competition who are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 50April 7, 2018 5:32 PM

lol you’re quick r48

by Anonymousreply 51April 7, 2018 6:02 PM

Jesus if you think people aren't asking you out because they don't think they'd have a chance with you because you are so goddamn beautiful why don't you chat them up or ask them for a date yourself or at least a cup of coffee?

Of all the idiotic excuses in life that certainly rates at the top.

by Anonymousreply 52April 7, 2018 6:09 PM

Agree with R50 except that women become more confident with age. Competitive females go to their graves as such. Age doesn't make one more confident or classy. There are brutal encounters going down in nursing homes, retirement communities and senior centers. While catty, envious females do damage with their behaviors they also boost the confidence of their victims to otherworldly proportions. There's a silver lining being sent.

by Anonymousreply 53April 7, 2018 8:07 PM

Butch Lesbian Charlize is so fake after all those plastic surgeries, botox, fillers - dying her hair to blonde - fake tan - complains about not getting roles bc she's GORGEOUS lol

Would have she won Oscar if she did not "went ugly" for a role? NO.

by Anonymousreply 54April 7, 2018 8:25 PM

It opens doors, especially if you’re also intelligent.

I just turned forty and look better than ever, but I can see the signs of aging.

Men in gay bars rarely approached me, and this thread helped explain why.

by Anonymousreply 55April 7, 2018 8:26 PM

Well Harvey fucked Theron and gave her roles in 6 films bc she was pretty

by Anonymousreply 56April 7, 2018 8:27 PM

When you are beautiful you can't even walk down a street in peace. Everyone's always asking If you need a ride.

by Anonymousreply 57April 7, 2018 8:33 PM

I'm with R54 re: Theron. Nose done twice. No outstanding features. Shitty fashion taste. Fat face syndrome. Questionable decisions. Dead eyes.

by Anonymousreply 58April 7, 2018 8:37 PM

[quote]Fat face syndrome.

Haha. Is that what it's called?

by Anonymousreply 59April 7, 2018 8:42 PM

What a load of steaming bullshit. Studies have shown that attractive people have it much easier in life than plain ones. Anyone who says differently is an absolute moron, like the woman in the article.

by Anonymousreply 60April 7, 2018 8:43 PM

Charlize before and after Harvey paid for her plastic surgeries

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 7, 2018 8:44 PM

Her body is not hot either she's too masculine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 7, 2018 8:45 PM

The problem the woman had with potential sister in laws is a running thing. It doesn't matter if you saved their lives. Saved their kids from drowning or you end up in a wheelchair, you are not wanted. They cannot shine with you around. They will bring on a crusade against you effecting your future family life. It's quite the problem.

by Anonymousreply 63April 7, 2018 8:47 PM

Her torso is too long. That's the problem.

by Anonymousreply 64April 7, 2018 8:48 PM

Her torso is normal. But she has no waist and she is big in the shoulders.

You could tell she went through an extreme weight loss for Atomic Blonde. I did not buy for a second that her character would have the strength to beat up all those big guys, even in a fantasy scenario of an action film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 7, 2018 8:53 PM

Without make up she's nothing special

by Anonymousreply 66April 7, 2018 8:55 PM

No waist, big shoulders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 7, 2018 8:55 PM

Dykiez Theron

by Anonymousreply 68April 7, 2018 9:00 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 7, 2018 9:01 PM

R60 just gave itself away. Some aspects of life are easy when dealing with men because of being beautiful. The other half of the human race have their claws out for you. Even members of your own family can't get over their resentment of you hitting the genetic jackpot. How does that make life easier? Nelly queeny males can be so aggressive. Flight attendant queens will use any excuse to throw you off of a flight if most men go silent and stare when you traipse down the aisle to your seat.

It causes so many inconveniences when you have to dart missles constantly being lobbed at you just for being you. Having to tone down quality traits to not become a target, day in and fucking out. There's NOTHING you can do because you're not responsible for the insecurities of another.

by Anonymousreply 70April 7, 2018 9:05 PM

I think being a 7-8 lookswise is the best. If you groom yourself you will always be treated nice and have no problem with dates etc. You won’t be able to get away with no personality at all. But of course it’s better to be a 10 than a 5

by Anonymousreply 71April 7, 2018 9:09 PM

It would help if she had a shorter torso. You want shorter torso and longer leg proportion. Years ago she did a big ad campaign for Dior? and they shopped in old stars like Audrey H., Garbo, Grace Kelly and then zoom in on Fatface strutting down a runway and it was such a letdown.

by Anonymousreply 72April 7, 2018 9:16 PM

To the beautiful people complaining about people who are too intimidated to ask them out: why don’t you ask someone out? Someone who you admire and like? Is it because you’re so unused to rejection that you would never risk the first move? Or is it that having being admired for so long, you assess relationships according to what the other person feel about you and rarely about who the other person is, as a human being with positive traits that you might care about? Do you not get crushes?

by Anonymousreply 73April 7, 2018 9:23 PM

Yes but R71 you need to realise that an 8 is being tormented by 7s and below. Often it's another 8 competing, jostling to remain the "better" one. Forget being a 9 or God forbid a 10. 10s get crucified.

by Anonymousreply 74April 7, 2018 9:24 PM

It's not about being asked out, asking out or any of that crap. It's about other women sabotaging women. This IS the reason why women lack power still. Nobody just gives you power. You take power. Take it with supportive action. Since women don't operate on mutual support, they'll never really have power.

by Anonymousreply 75April 7, 2018 9:33 PM

The having to woo other females as friends really struck a chord. The things we've done. You just have to focus on better people or you will not get support in tough times. It will leave you bewildered.

by Anonymousreply 76April 7, 2018 9:42 PM

So women are just basically catty, jealous, gossiping, undermining backstabbers.

As opposed to men who are supportive of each other, have one another's back, never gossip and never take credit for somebody else's ideas.

by Anonymousreply 77April 7, 2018 10:43 PM

Why are there so many comments from/about women on a site that is mostly inhabited by gay men?

Or is it one woman who is posting all this nonsense?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 7, 2018 11:17 PM

I think it’s mostly one woman who reminds me of that “woman on the edge of a nervous breakdown” freak from a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 79April 8, 2018 12:12 AM

[quote] As opposed to men who are supportive of each other, have one another's back, never gossip and never take credit for somebody else's ideas.

ok, no. But men don't gossip as much. I'm sorry, they don't. Women are more talkative. It's not cool to say so but it's true.

by Anonymousreply 80April 8, 2018 12:36 AM

The artcle is a bit ridiculous, but there is some truth to it.

The article reminded me of my sister, who is very beautiful, she reminds me of a young Ava Gardner.

Anyway, she is very intelligent and nice, almost too nice, and somewhat shy. Women treat her awful, all the men she has dated start out okay but then they eventually begin to put her down and insult her, telling her that she isn't good enough, criticizing every little thing she does. I have never understood this but I think as someone mentioned upthread, the men are trying to "keep her in her place" and I think even men may be jealous of her too.

Luckily my sister has developed more confidence and doesnt put up with peoples shit anymore.

Anyone who doesnt understand what beautiful women go through, watch the movie "Malena".

by Anonymousreply 81April 8, 2018 1:16 AM

Lots of people have partners who at first treated them well and then started picking at them as time goes on. It's what some people do when the honeymoon phase is over. They start seeing flaws and resent the other person for their own natural loss of lust. All women woo new friends. You need to get to know someone before you know if you want them close.

I once knew a woman who complained that all the women in a social group shunned her because they thought she was "stealing all the men". I found out later that the guys in the group referred to her as psychorella.

by Anonymousreply 82April 8, 2018 3:04 AM

Some of the nicest and most popular people I know are gorgeous.

This woman’s bad personality must drive others away.

by Anonymousreply 83April 8, 2018 5:26 AM

I agree with most of what has been said about Goldie here but Bill Hudson is a pathetic excuse for a human being. He’s spent the better part of four decades peddling his sob story to every press outlet that would listen - that has literally been his career. Penny Marshall’s bio (My Mother was Nuts - he was married to Cindy Williams after Goldie) basically confirmed all this, that he was weird and controlling and somehow trying to ride off her fame as well.

So yeah Kate and Goldie are both whores and druggies but Bill Hudson strikes me as a big parasite opportunist and overall loser. Frankly they probably deserved each other.

by Anonymousreply 84April 8, 2018 6:43 AM

^ Someone is lost.

by Anonymousreply 85April 8, 2018 8:32 AM

[quote]There can indeed be a lot of jealousy towards beautiful people.

So? There’s jealous towards all types of people. Neither the rich nor the beautiful deserve any sympathy for being “given” a leg up.

by Anonymousreply 86April 8, 2018 8:45 AM

[quote]Some of the nicest and most popular people I know are gorgeous.

Well, of course, they’re popular...but most of the time, the “Nice” can be attributed to the observers being superficial.

by Anonymousreply 87April 8, 2018 8:55 AM

You can tell the fugs from the non fugs on here.

by Anonymousreply 88April 8, 2018 6:38 PM

You can always tell the fugs from the non fugs on the internet! lol

by Anonymousreply 89April 8, 2018 6:41 PM

Gorgeous people won the lottery and are not bitter. They can afford to be nice. The rest of us have to fight harder and be scrappier.

by Anonymousreply 90April 8, 2018 7:13 PM

R86 is right envy is common and all sorts of people are the subject of it. Look at DL icon Lena (Lens) Dunam. She isn't a 10, she's like a 4 or 5 on a good day. People hate her for having the good luck to get a TV show when she isn't skinny and hot. They rant about nepotism even though her parents aren't in the industry. I thought her dad ran HBO the way people went on about her. On the other hand you don't see a lot anger being directed at Emma Roberts (niece of Julia, daughter of Eric) even though she's much more connected. Some people get angry when they feel like someone else is getting more than that person deserves. Sometimes it's about looks but not always. The problem with the author is that she's assuming that only pretty people like herself experience these problems. She's wrong. Lots of people get harassed, dismissed and hated on for a variety of reasons.

by Anonymousreply 91April 8, 2018 10:07 PM

R80 Actually many studies have shown that men gossip just as much or more than women

by Anonymousreply 92April 12, 2018 10:37 PM

I am very academically intelligent, but pretty average-looking. I always wanted to be wanted for my looks, but it is never going to happen. I wish I could let go of the hope that I would someday be great-looking. I have a student who is a beautiful moron, and she is very self-confident, and I always want to tell her, just marry rich and get a good settlement.

by Anonymousreply 93April 12, 2018 11:06 PM

Every man who fuck me wants a relationship. I just want fun.

by Anonymousreply 94April 12, 2018 11:10 PM

I am a woman and know that I am attractive and have been called beautiful more than once.

I have gotten free stuff without asking or trying. People are willing to do things for me. My friends laugh about it.

I do not consider it a burden. I also have a brain to go behind it with charm. That always freaks men out.

I have always had an issue with other women. Thinking I want their man even though I have no interest. I can't help their insecurity. This started for me back in grade school.

My situation is kind of unique because I come from 2 attractive parents that have never lost their looks. They still get hit on wherever they go and they are 62/60.

I can remember women would try to pick up my dad when we were at the mall when I was in grade school! At my school events! My mom has gotten money, jewelry, trips etc.

by Anonymousreply 95April 13, 2018 2:47 AM

R87

“Blandly handsome“ gay white male who is thankful for the opportunities afforded his looks, also cries at commercials, spends hours every week volunteering to help the elderly. I have a full-time job that pays a nice middle class lifestyle, and live very simply but is incredibly rewarding.

I am also one of the nicest and most generous human being’s you’ll ever have the opportunity to meet.

by Anonymousreply 96April 15, 2018 6:28 AM

What happened to the beautiful graphic designer student, R23?

by Anonymousreply 97April 15, 2018 6:49 AM

So she has a beautiful home and comfy life. Being wealthy is better even if it means being lonely at times.

by Anonymousreply 98April 15, 2018 7:01 AM

The problem has been recognized before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 15, 2018 7:07 AM

What is a little bit sad -- though I've enjoyed and benefitted from others responding to me, physically -- is that you know they're always responding to something beyond your control, that you had nothing to do with achieving. It means people are valuing you on a surface level. They like you in that regard, but for a mere set of bones and skin. That has nothing to do with someone's interior life...their "soul," if you will. (I'm not religious, but don't know what other word to use.)

Still...as someone pointed out upthread, beauty is more of a help than a hinderance, overall. It can also have its lonely aspect, however.

by Anonymousreply 100April 15, 2018 7:08 AM

I wish I had this problem. I have yearned to be beautiful my entire life. I had an attractive mother who only valued beauty and a shallow bi father. I was never good enough because I was average. I once asked my father if my best friend was better looking than me and he simply said yes. I often wonder what it would have cost him to be kind. It would have meant so much to me. I am 46 and still can't get over my dream to be Goodlooking someday.

by Anonymousreply 101April 15, 2018 7:23 AM

Can anyone name some goodlooking famous lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 102April 15, 2018 7:25 AM

I think a large factor in my depression is that I will never be “beautiful”.

by Anonymousreply 103April 15, 2018 7:51 AM

I have to say you guys are funny as hell. You really do hate "fat" lol. I'm not pretty, I was always told I was ugly by a close relative and kids in school. For YEARS. So as child I believed it. There were pretty girls who were vicious and there were pretty girls who were nice. Im straight btw and never was catty or nasty even when I got older. When you're deemed ugly....it's hurts a lot but as you get older you realize how freeing that is. I don't have to care what I look like (hygiene yes, I'm not a savage), I'm not wrapped up in "oh God I'm getting old, Oh God I have wrinkles". I don't date (not for lack of trying on my part), straight men don't care for me. I have people who I love and who love me. But above all I made sure to never be ugly on the inside or to be bitter. Beautiful people aren't expected to be funny, not expected to be kind.... beautiful looking men and women are just expected (by society not necessarily the individual) to stand there and be admired. Whether they want that attention or not. No I'm not being a frau or a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 104April 15, 2018 9:04 AM

R61. Do all gay men hate round, full faces? The only thing I see is that she lost some weight. Also in the first picture she looks younger than she does in the second pic. Her nose looks the same just thinner, when we're younger our faces are fuller, as we age (in particular Caucasians) our face thins out and that can make the nose appear narrower. No Im not a Charlize stan/fan.

by Anonymousreply 105April 15, 2018 9:05 AM

I know a little about this, personally but even more so because I have a beautiful mom. She’s 65 now, and while she looks terrific for her age I’ve always thought of her as “mom” and can’t see her any other way, but I know from photos, conversations with her and other relatives that she was astonishingly good looking as a young woman. Black hair, olive skin, a perfect profile, 24” waist, etc... she, Elizabeth Taylor and Ava Gardner could have been sisters. My mom’s beauty actually was extremely difficult for her, as she’s naturally an introspective, shy bookworm who has trouble asserting herself. She told me she realized she was beautiful as a teenager when strange men would stop her, even if she was with her family, and ask to take her photo. In high school other girls tormented and bullied her, and her first boyfriend was an African American guy who approached her at school, the only boy with the confidence to do so. She was eventually scouted as a model and was in everything from catalogues to bathtub ads, but during the brief time she lived in LA she was absolutely miserable, lonely and unfulfilled. Eventually she quit modeling and became a wild animal trainer, ditching the 60’s fashions for khakis and taming African cats, elephants, etc for Hollywood movie work.

I think as she got older she learned how to command her beauty more and call upon it when necessary. She eventually graduated from law school, which because of her intelligence wasn’t difficult for her but she did admit to using her looks to get her first job. The hiring partner, her boss, later became her husband and my father and even admitted to me that she was an average candidate on paper but was hired because she was “the most people woman I’d ever seen.” He decided she’d be great for client introduct

by Anonymousreply 106April 15, 2018 11:42 AM

And as a wife.

by Anonymousreply 107April 15, 2018 2:12 PM

But did she have the sought after wasp waist, r106?

by Anonymousreply 108April 15, 2018 6:06 PM

R101 maybe he didn't want you to have a big head, or not earn what you have. You know how Dad's are. Maybe he thought you were very handsome, but didn't want you to be vain.

by Anonymousreply 109April 15, 2018 7:29 PM

Here's your scientific proof, fugs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110April 16, 2018 4:27 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111April 17, 2018 1:07 AM

My father was a psychiatrist. He had a lot of aging once beautiful women patients. He told me once the problem with beautiful women is they get accepted, sought after, desired for their looks and most of them never bother to develop any characteristics to attract people. So when they lose their looks, they become bitter and mean.

by Anonymousreply 112April 18, 2018 2:21 AM

R104

Thanks. That was awesome.

People that are pretty on the outside, and ugly on the inside, are fucked up and evil.

by Anonymousreply 113April 21, 2018 6:51 AM

Without makeup she's below average and she had many plastic surgeries.

by Anonymousreply 114May 27, 2019 3:15 PM

[quote]While it may be true a good looking woman

PERSON.

by Anonymousreply 115May 27, 2019 3:19 PM

I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR ANY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE! YOU GOT WHATS COMING BITCHES!!!

by Anonymousreply 116May 27, 2019 4:00 PM

[quote] “the most people woman I’d ever seen.”

What?

by Anonymousreply 117May 27, 2019 5:08 PM

Gain some weight then, phoney whiner!! Oh wait you won't ? Then shut.up.

by Anonymousreply 118May 27, 2019 5:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!