Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MSNBC Part Four!

Tell me something I don’t know!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590May 25, 2018 10:35 PM

Previous thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 6, 2018 12:50 AM

Not to nitpic, but your main thread pic is topical and appropriate, but uninspired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 6, 2018 1:03 AM

Sigh. This is the last thread I’ll ever create. I’m sick of the abuse.

by Anonymousreply 3April 6, 2018 1:24 AM

Thank you, OP. I was going to do it but then I saw yours.

by Anonymousreply 4April 6, 2018 2:07 AM

R3 To correct R2, the pic may be uninspired, but the title is very inspired! I'll tell you something you don't know. R2 is a dick! haha (maybe you do know).

by Anonymousreply 5April 6, 2018 2:11 AM

Joy is on fire on Lawrence O'Donnell's show with hottie Avenatti.

by Anonymousreply 6April 6, 2018 2:18 AM

Michael Avenatti is looking fine tonight, have misssd seeing him.

by Anonymousreply 7April 6, 2018 2:25 AM

Would suck Michael Avenatti dry morning, noon and night!

by Anonymousreply 8April 6, 2018 2:43 AM

It was nice seeing Nicolle hanging out with Rachel again. They have a very nice, natural rapport.

by Anonymousreply 9April 6, 2018 4:42 AM

I mentioned this in the previous thread -- Rachel and Nicolle have more in common than contemporaries and colleagues. They are both roughly the same age and came of age within about 20 miles of each other in Northern California, Rachel in Dublin and Nicolle in Orinda. Rachel went to Stanford and Nicolle went to Berkeley, which are somewhat opposites of their contemporary political affiliations.

I can't help but wonder if they may have known each other from high school debate teams?

by Anonymousreply 10April 6, 2018 4:51 AM

*than being

by Anonymousreply 11April 6, 2018 4:58 AM

They sure are chummy on-air, R10.

by Anonymousreply 12April 6, 2018 5:22 AM

They had a couple cocktails and did the lez-lez after Nicolle finished The 11th Hour tonight.

by Anonymousreply 13April 6, 2018 6:08 AM

Jill Wine-Banks looking extra spiffy tonight. New flirty hairstyle, periwinkle suit, penguin pins.

by Anonymousreply 14April 7, 2018 2:11 AM

The DLer who's always commenting enthusiastically about Jill Wine-Banks' appearance should send her a fan letter. A woman her age would be thrilled to know that a gay guy (or even a lez) out there finds her attractive.

by Anonymousreply 15April 7, 2018 12:15 PM

Make a deposit to the Wine Banks!

by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2018 1:47 PM

I love that Nicolle and Rachel have a mutual admiration society.

Joe S, on whose show Nicolle became a star back in the pre- and post- The View days, not only seems to loathe Rachel but will never talk about, or give credit for, stories Rachel breaks on her show. Chris Matthews and Larry O can appear on Morning Joe, and clips of interviews from Chris Hayes's show will be shown sometimes, but never, ever Maddow.

by Anonymousreply 17April 7, 2018 2:06 PM

I noticed that too R17.

Mika referenced her several months ago, but it was on a day Joe was off.

by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2018 2:09 PM

Interesting.

Not really surprising that Joe would be terrified of Rachel and express it as hatred. She’s smart and successful and —horror of horrors—a woman! Even worse, she’s a woman who is immune to his charm!

Of course, Rachel needs Joe like she needs a hole in her head. Joe is a relic, Rachel is today and the future.

by Anonymousreply 19April 8, 2018 7:16 PM

I love when Ann Marie Cox appears on L O'D. I miss her appearances on Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 20April 8, 2018 7:27 PM

My favorite at MSNBC is Lawrence O'Donnell. Great commentary and great Q&A with his guests, and Lawrence goes after Trump like no other host on television. I enjoy all of MSNBC primetime, but Lawrence is the best.

by Anonymousreply 21April 8, 2018 7:29 PM

The one person who trashes Trump as frequently, as scathingly, and as eloquently as L O'D is Michael Avenatti. I just love the wide expression of joy on Lawrence's face whenever Avenatti has appeared.

by Anonymousreply 22April 8, 2018 7:42 PM

I see that with Joy Reid and Avenatti as well, r22. She literally seem to be drooling over him.

And can you blame her?

by Anonymousreply 23April 8, 2018 11:41 PM

I'm sure Rachel and Ana Marie Cox must pass in the halls at MSNBC. I wonder if it's uncomfortable, or if they both avert their eyes. There's gotta be some gossip there, AMC literally just one day vanished from Rachel's show.

by Anonymousreply 24April 8, 2018 11:53 PM

As the title of Ana Marie Cox's podcast says: "With Friends Like These."

by Anonymousreply 25April 9, 2018 12:01 AM

Rachel is a star. That Ana Marie person would LOVE to be in the same hallway as Rachel. Not likely to happen soon.

by Anonymousreply 26April 9, 2018 12:04 AM

I think Nicolle has great chemistry with just about everyone.

by Anonymousreply 27April 9, 2018 1:55 AM

Years ago -- before CNN's John King married (& then divorced) Dana Bash -- I heard that he & Ana Marie Cox had hooked up (maybe just a one night stand, maybe more). That seems perfectly plausible, but I've never known whether it was true.

by Anonymousreply 28April 9, 2018 2:07 AM

John King has no personality.

by Anonymousreply 29April 9, 2018 2:36 AM

Jill Wine-Banks isn't the only one who loves a good brooch. Madeleine Albright is about the same age (6 years older) & actually wrote a book about her pins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 9, 2018 3:41 AM

[quote]She’s smart and successful and —horror of horrors—a woman! Even worse, she’s a woman who is immune to his charm!

I think this is precisely it, but it's still so odd that Scarborough doesn't even feign being a team player by using Maddow's numerous breaking stories from the previous evening. Oh, wait. Does Joe Scarborough even feign having breaking news stories? Non! He just posts grotesque, adolescent love songs to the woman he continuously tramps over on on national TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 9, 2018 4:10 AM

[quote]I'm sure Rachel and Ana Marie Cox must pass in the halls at MSNBC. I wonder if it's uncomfortable, or if they both avert their eyes. There's gotta be some gossip there, AMC literally just one day vanished from Rachel's show.

Not likely since Ana Marie Cox has gotten sobriety and Jesus, moved the fuck away from the dens of iniquity that are NYC and DC to Minnesota and gotten married. Her guest appearances are always from a Minneapolis station. She's still incredibly gay-friendly though.

It's hard to maintain any sort of a relationship through distance, but isn't Rachel quite a good bartender, as those were her usual duties after the White House Correspondents' dinner which she refused to attend out of principle? And Rachel does talk about cocktails either while handing off or receiving her show, IIRC. I suspect the avoidance is kinda mutual

Jesus get with it. This happened YEARS ago.

by Anonymousreply 32April 9, 2018 4:20 AM

Okay guys, WTF? - I know nothing of this story. Rachel And A-M were "buddies"?

by Anonymousreply 33April 9, 2018 4:39 AM

Many years ago, Ana Marie was a frequently guested, pixie-haired ingenue who flirted with Rachel. A lot. I haven't had a chance to review this thread, but it wasn't unnoticed by DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 9, 2018 5:17 AM

AMC also authored a Twitter account (or maybe it was a website?) that was rife with tease and innuendo directed right at Rachel. All those posts are gone now. I remember one video clip in which Rachel and she were in the office preparing for the show, and AMC did or said something kittenish and Rachel turned beet red and began babbling incoherently. It was fascinating.

Somebody out there must have that clip.

by Anonymousreply 35April 9, 2018 5:31 AM

Apparently Killer Mike came at Joy Reid with disastrous results.

Weird since I’ve seen Joy be somewhat supportive of KM’s stance on guns. She seemed to blame the NRA for the KM video and it’s timing more than she blamed KM for having idiotic views on guns.

I hope he can suck up his pride and appear on her show sometime soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 9, 2018 1:21 PM

Is Katy Tur high today? She can't speak even one simple sentence without tripping over her tongue.

by Anonymousreply 37April 9, 2018 9:22 PM

She’s totally flustered with ecstasy over the breaking news as we all are. How can you expect her to speak coherently when she wants to moan along with our collective orgasm?

TRUMP IS OVER

by Anonymousreply 38April 9, 2018 9:41 PM

Kasie Hunt has a bobble head, I noticed it last night. She keeps her head on a permanent tilt to the left. It occasionally drops so low that I involuntarily tilt my own head just to keep her in frame.

by Anonymousreply 39April 9, 2018 10:28 PM

NBC fail!

FBI raiding Cohen's offices at 30 Rock, under NBC noses, and they learn about it from WaPo!

by Anonymousreply 40April 10, 2018 1:05 AM

The FBI isn’t showy and loud.

A reporter said that she was at the Regency during the raid of the hotel room and saw no evidence of the FBI in the building. They were there, she was looking for them, yet they were unseen.

by Anonymousreply 41April 10, 2018 1:08 AM

Lol Rachel talking to an NBC reporter and first question: FBI was here and we didn't hear them?

by Anonymousreply 42April 10, 2018 1:18 AM

Hallie Jackson's windmill arms are more out of control than ever. I fear for her guests.

by Anonymousreply 43April 10, 2018 2:25 PM

Did anybody catch Rick Wilson with Nicolle on The 11th Hour last night? He gave one of his most fieryrants taking down Trump, ending it by comparing Trump to a hippopotamus flailing in a pool of water. It was epic. I searched, but so far there is no video on line.

by Anonymousreply 44April 10, 2018 8:12 PM

Nicole, none of the guys on the panel are going to make a pass at you while you're on TV, so why don't you just leave your glasses on?

by Anonymousreply 45April 10, 2018 8:30 PM

Well maybe she can't see that well with her reading glasses R45??

by Anonymousreply 46April 10, 2018 9:49 PM

Nicolle's show has been really good lately, and she's been doing a bang-up job of filling in for Brian Williams. If I had to choose between Nicolle and Rachel, well, the gap is closing, but Rachel still gets the scoop on many important stories long before we see them anyplace else.

by Anonymousreply 47April 10, 2018 11:33 PM

WaPo's Ashley Parker on Lawrence is sporting a dark blue men's shirt and a tartan tie.

by Anonymousreply 48April 11, 2018 2:53 AM

Would love some gossip on that little cutie Michael Schmidt of the NYT.

by Anonymousreply 49April 11, 2018 2:57 AM

[quote]Did anybody catch Rick Wilson with Nicolle on The 11th Hour last night?

It was Steve Schmidt, not Wilson. And yes, it was epic. I'm in love with that blue-eyed passionate patriot.

by Anonymousreply 50April 11, 2018 3:31 AM

Michael Avenatti was just on with Nicole again after being on AC360 earlier. The man is a juggernaut! And he is solid gold every single time. You just know that Drumpf is kicking himself for not having him as his own attorney.

by Anonymousreply 51April 11, 2018 3:49 AM

So Rachels story of Dana Boente tonight. Please help me..it was a memorialization of Comey's conversation with him, correct? Pretty much notes about what he had eventually stated in his testimony. And it proves he was telling the truth or his story is solid? Seemed much to do about nothing.

by Anonymousreply 52April 11, 2018 11:40 AM

The one thing that is glaringly obvious when you see commercials about MSNBC on MSNBC, is the lack of people of color on their news team. Joy Reid is it. Period. And IMO that ought to be a source of embarrassment to the brass at MSNBC. Yes Lester Holt is the Marquee name on NBC, and Al Sharpton sits in from time to time, but they really do have a problem with diversity. You have Nicole whom I have grown fond of, The Turd I cannot stand, then Ari, Chris Matthews and Chris Hayes. Rachel and Lawrence and Brian Williams. Joy Reid's weekend shows a re excellent. And I love it when she gets all prosecutorial and questions her Conservative guests and calls people out for lying. But they need to do better on Diversity. I think it's a legacy from the bad old days of Jack Welch that fucking dinosaur who supported Trump. He no longer has the level of influence he used to command but even retired, he is still an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 53April 11, 2018 12:21 PM

There are people of color on Katy Tur's, Nicolle Wallace and Ari Melber's panels and regular commentators. True no one other than Joy hosts a show but they have plenty of representatives of color.

by Anonymousreply 54April 11, 2018 1:05 PM

On Lawrence lately, and with a Kardashian voice to make you want to rip your ears off: VF's Emily Jane Fox.

by Anonymousreply 55April 11, 2018 1:10 PM

Yes because the rosters at CNN and Fox News make Benetton ads look lilly white

by Anonymousreply 56April 11, 2018 1:47 PM

Melitha Harrith Perry, an AA, hosted a show for years until she refused to include campaign coverage on her show

Craig Melvin, an AA, currently hosts news hours

by Anonymousreply 57April 11, 2018 1:48 PM

R55 Emily Jane Fox seemed very protective of Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 58April 11, 2018 2:42 PM

Oh, I know there are plenty of commentators who are on panels, and it is to the credit of the anchors and their producers that that is so. But I've seen two or three panelists who'd make excellent anchors. And I'm not just talking about African Americans. I'm talking about People of color. Period. I think CNN does a better job in this regard. There is a sort of international flavor to their reporters and anchors. And then there's Boris who is so damned Hot. And Acosta. Van Jones. etc.

by Anonymousreply 59April 11, 2018 2:55 PM

Malcom Nance gets lots of time.

I’ve seen panels that are all AA. I think the complaint is misplace.

by Anonymousreply 60April 11, 2018 3:10 PM

R60, yes he does. But my observation was in reaction to the commercial promoting the MSNBC team. And while it may seem "misplaced, " I had a visceral reaction to the ad and they may want to reconsider how they present. because yes, the ad looks mighty Caucasian. And as I said, I'm not just talking about African Americans. I'm talking about all People of Color.

by Anonymousreply 61April 11, 2018 3:24 PM

I love Paul Butler.

zaddy!

by Anonymousreply 62April 11, 2018 5:02 PM

R52 the more people who have memorialized what Comey told them, the better it looks for Comey. Drump, some repubs and Fox "News" keep trying to paint Comey as a liar. If they are correct, that means that the handful of men who memorialized what Comey told them are also liars which doesn't make sense. It's good news for Comey that Boente's notes back him up

by Anonymousreply 63April 11, 2018 5:04 PM

Rachel goes off on some weird tangents. Last night she opened her show with a riff on Trump’s alias in the Stormy contract—David Dennison. She was excited that she found a historical figure with that name who was an aide to President Grant and had some kind of psychotic break. She rather blatantly ignored the fact that “Dennison” was the aide’s MIDDLE name. It would not have been worthy of attention even if the name had been David Dennison, but it wasn’t. And she opened the show with it.

Rachel sometimes ignores inconvenient facts.

by Anonymousreply 64April 11, 2018 5:14 PM

but it's still odd that Trump chose "David Dennison"

even funnier when we find out there was a real person who had that name...doesn't matter if it's not the whole name

by Anonymousreply 65April 11, 2018 5:23 PM

There are plenty of people actually named David Dennison. Why pick an obscure 19th century figure not named David Dennison and suggest it might have been the inspiration? Because the guy was crazy? Just plain weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 11, 2018 5:27 PM

Just as plausible is the David Dennison who gave Michael Cohen his first sleepy, stoned 3AM bro-job in college.

by Anonymousreply 67April 11, 2018 5:30 PM

2 Things about Rachel's show on Dana Boente last night:

1) It's an important story for reasons Rachel pointed out that many a journalist would miss. However - (and I'm a huge fan of Rachel who's missed barely an episode in two years) - did it really justify using the entire hour? - She could have condensed it to 20 minutes, made it the first segment, then covered a few other breaking events of the day.

2) On Monday's telecast, she opened by mentioning they had just-breaking news and once again, had to scrap the entire show they had planned, and that they'd do it on Tuesday. I wonder if this was originally Tuesday's planned show.

by Anonymousreply 68April 11, 2018 5:42 PM

^^ "I wonder if this was originally Tuesday's planned show."

I meant Monday.

by Anonymousreply 69April 11, 2018 5:43 PM

Agree, R68. That entire story could have been told in two sentences. She really milked it.

by Anonymousreply 70April 11, 2018 5:44 PM

Agree with you on both points, R68. She's a great story-teller, but less is more. I don't want her to go down the tax returns rabbit hole again, that almost cost her a lot of credibility.

There's enough insanity going on that there is plenty of material. You save your credibility when you give it its proper perspective.

by Anonymousreply 71April 11, 2018 5:45 PM

R71.... In retrospect, it ended up being an important episode with information that's been helpful in further investigation. But yes, it was a shame it was so over-hyped.

However, I think it only lost credibility for Rachel to the people who weren't as aware of her and tuned in for the first time. The rest of us saw the eventual value.

by Anonymousreply 72April 11, 2018 6:04 PM

Pundit upon Pundit crime, open warfare, hostilities, what-have -you, broke out between Rachel and Joe during an elections night broadcast. Iirc, it may have been the 2012 election night.

He pontificated. She checked him. He raised his voice to her. She calmly responded. The hostility and electricity crackled through my TV, shattering my Princess House champagne flutes.

The other panelists shifted silently and uncomfortably. Suddenly, the strains of Ennio Morricone broke out.

Ok I'm making up the part about my flutes and Morricone.

Still, I seen the Maddow v Scarborough skirmish with me own two peepers and ears and remember thinking "Ooooh, those two Do. Not. Like. Each. Other."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 11, 2018 6:04 PM

Comcast —> NBC/MSNBC is making money $$$ off of the Trump hysteria while still paying Trump. Just last year alone he was paid via NBC Entertainment and got a producer credit for “Celebrity Apprentice” with Arnold. Trump still has a hotline to Steve Burke and vice versa. Don’t forget after NBC Entertainment severed ties with Trump in summer of 2015 it was just six months later he was hosting SNL. Let’s do some math. -Access Hollywood tape suppression. Leaked to WaPo via NBC -NBC Entertainment was 50% of decision to take Miss Universe 2013 to Moscow...no one ever talks about that. -NBC Sports would go to Sochi, Russia in 2014 for Olympics -have NBC executives and talent w/Trump in Russia in 2013 and no one knows ANYTHING? BS!

DJT’s win would provide cover to Andy Lack’s bloodletting of MSNBC’s on air diversity of anchors. If Clinton won would half of the MSNBC anchors (on-air now) have shows? For example... Fired, Demoted not renewed as full time anchors/hosts include Harris-Perry, Sharpton, Finney, Diaz-Balart, Tamron, Thomas, Ronan, Kornacki. There are no scandals with those people. HIRED, promoted or protected...Megyn Kelly, Greta, JoeScar/Mika (Morning Adultery) Marc Halperin, Lauer (this is Lack’s 2nd tour of duty at NBC so he’s certainly well aware of Matt’s M.O.) And the mother, father, son and Holy Ghost of redemption Brian Williams. Lack saved his bacon. Why? Why insult Lester Holt like that? There is not one minority human being that would get a second chance like that. You pay them out and say BYE. Dan Rather at CBS was crucified for something small in comparison. NBC allowed Lyin’Brian to keep credibility...now he’s the king of the heap? Lying with no consequence is why we have Trump for our President. And this gets me back to my original point...MessNBC wants people watching and scared. News is now outrage porn...delivered by anchors or hosts of little value prior to Trump. Thank you Comcast the peacock is white with no feathers...you are plucked and when Trump goes you are FUCKED!

by Anonymousreply 74April 11, 2018 6:51 PM

I think it was 2008, on election night, when both Joe Scarborough and Keith Olbermann were on (no idea who even anchored). Joe made some comments about how all was not lost for republicans, McCain wasn't a real conservative, and this or that congress race showed how the party was still strong.

Keith said something like "can I give you a shovel for that stuff, Joe?"

It was clear that night they hated each other. And I think neither ever mentioned the other's name on air again (maybe by a NY Order of Protection)

Also, there used to be YouTube video of a notorious Meet the Press during the David Gregory days, when Rachel and Joe S were both panelists. Clearly despised each other, and at one point Rachel called Joe S out for interrupting, but in a snarky way that made it clear she had no use for him.

by Anonymousreply 75April 11, 2018 7:31 PM

Uppity dyke!

by Anonymousreply 76April 11, 2018 10:06 PM

Chris Hayes just now: "Paul Ryan peaced out."

by Anonymousreply 77April 12, 2018 12:47 AM

Earlier, Ari Melber said that the coming Blue Wave caused Paul Ryan to “sashay away.”

by Anonymousreply 78April 12, 2018 12:51 AM

More bon mots of the day

On Hayes, Michelle Goldberg: "Paul Ryan had to swallow a lot of.... " and was drowned by the other pundits.

Michelle, spill the tea, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 79April 12, 2018 1:00 AM

I rather enjoyed the thrashing of Ryan on Hayes's show.

Hoping O'Donnell will stick that fork in even deeper

by Anonymousreply 80April 12, 2018 1:01 AM

R36 Joy Reid has in no way been supportive of Killer Mike or his stand on guns she has dragged him since the NRA video along with black Twitter and his latest attempt to go after got him dragged even worse by Twitter.

Nicolle grew up in Orinda, I wonder if she knows anything about the notorious Kirsten Costas/Bernadette Protti murder case.

Bernbots hate Joy Reid and try to claim that she pushed Melissa Harris Perry out at MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 81April 12, 2018 1:16 AM

Robert Costa's weight loss is a huge success. He doesn't look gaunt and haggard, he looks a lot younger. Wow. All he needs now is a decent haircut/hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 82April 12, 2018 1:29 AM

I was just thinking that R82. He looks so much younger and it turns out he's only 32. when he was heavier i thought he was maybe 40.

by Anonymousreply 83April 12, 2018 1:37 AM

He could stand to lose another 10 pounds for insurance.

I want to know how he did it. Happened awful quick.

by Anonymousreply 84April 12, 2018 1:45 AM

[quote]Would love some gossip on that little cutie Michael Schmidt of the NYT.

Michael Schmidt is the person you have to thank for pushing the Hillary e-mail story. Even when fellow reporters within the NYT accused him of over-blowing the story in order to get notoriety over other reporters. To this day a lot of the journalists and tv reporters throw indirects at him.

by Anonymousreply 85April 12, 2018 1:52 AM

R84, according to one article I read online last week, Costa did it solely by dieting, not by exercising, so if true, that's pretty amazing.

by Anonymousreply 86April 12, 2018 1:58 AM

Isn't diet about 80% of weight loss to begin with?

by Anonymousreply 87April 12, 2018 2:00 AM

Ask Oprah how diet without exercise turns out in the long run.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88April 12, 2018 2:03 AM

LO going IN on Paul Ryan

by Anonymousreply 89April 12, 2018 2:04 AM

Yes, R87.

You can't exercise away a bad diet. But you can stay slim without exercise.

by Anonymousreply 90April 12, 2018 2:18 AM

Extreme exercise can overcome a bad diet just like extreme dieting can overcome no exercise.

As long as you can keep it up. But take one day off of the extreme routine and the pounds come racing back.

by Anonymousreply 91April 12, 2018 2:45 AM

I don't think anyone much likes Joe Scarboroough of the rest of the MSNBC team. He is never on anyone else's show and Lawrence, Rachel, Chris Matthews and Chris Hayes along with Joy Reid all hep one another sell books I never see Joe on anyone else's show.

by Anonymousreply 92April 12, 2018 2:51 AM

Joe was on Chris Hayes’ show tonight

by Anonymousreply 93April 12, 2018 2:59 AM

Rachel has the worst taste. She just said Paul Ryan had dreamy eyes.

by Anonymousreply 94April 12, 2018 4:06 AM

Joy needs a weeknight time slot.

by Anonymousreply 95April 12, 2018 4:12 AM

R53: Al Sharpton has his own show (Sun mornings - Politics Nation)

by Anonymousreply 96April 12, 2018 4:19 AM

[quote]Joe was on Chris Hayes’ show tonight

And Chris gleefully repeated throughout how it was past Joe's bedtime

by Anonymousreply 97April 12, 2018 5:12 AM

I would like to see Keith Olberman and Dylan Ratigan back on MSNBC .Maybe doing a show together naked in a hot tub.

by Anonymousreply 98April 12, 2018 5:25 AM

Ratigan is running for Congress in Upstate NY.

by Anonymousreply 99April 12, 2018 12:05 PM

I liked Oberman. When he is taking his meds he's really good. But he didn't play well with others.

by Anonymousreply 100April 12, 2018 12:29 PM

I only began watching MSNBC and CNN during the elections (now I never watch anything else).

So what was Keith Olberman's story? Was he fired for doing/saying something inappropriate? Or did he just have enough and leave on his own?

by Anonymousreply 101April 12, 2018 12:43 PM

R101 he sot of went crazy. He's wound too tight.

by Anonymousreply 102April 12, 2018 12:46 PM

I'll never ever forget a few years back when Joe Scarborough called Peter Alexander "Pretty Boy"...and watching Peter's gorgeous face drop like a scolded puppy. It was all done in jest but I could just see Peter cringing...even though he is one of the prettiest reporters on MSNBC...or anywhere else. Totally droolworthy and always totally pulled together and pretty smart too!

by Anonymousreply 103April 12, 2018 1:50 PM

Thanks for mentioning the Rachel Joe interaction. I didn't know about it. It is cringe-worthy and broadcast gold. The hand flourish Rachel uses to emphasize a point is epic as is her eye roll at Scarborough's classic "I don't mean to be condescending." Rachel handed him his ass on a platter. Delicious TV.

Scarborough is such a dick. It must really stick in his craw that she has the #1 evening cable news show and sometimes the #1 cable show surpassing NBA or Wrestlemania or whatever it's called.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104April 12, 2018 4:58 PM

Love that, r104, especially as I'm a relative newbie (2 years) to MSNBC and catching up with all the personalities. Thanks for posting.

by Anonymousreply 105April 12, 2018 5:05 PM

lol I wasn't watching back then. Wow Joey got pissed that Rachel didn't let him interrupt her. Even if he was making a valid point, show some respect

by Anonymousreply 106April 12, 2018 5:21 PM

How often does Scarborough bother to show up for work? Three days a week, four if there's earth shattering news

by Anonymousreply 107April 12, 2018 10:10 PM

'Ol Joe couldn't take the heat so he stalked off set after Maddow finished with him. A big baby

Update from MSNBC spokesman Jeremy Gaines to Huffington Post: “Joe didn’t walk off. He chose not to participate in the final couple of minutes of the discussion because he felt the conversation didn’t fit his role as a political analyst.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 12, 2018 11:00 PM

OK here's the latest on Joe-Rachel, and this time he actually said something positive.

On Morning Joe this AM, several people were discussing Hannity-Trump, and a couple of them were sarcastically joking that Hannity is a good show, to which Joe remarked, "Rachel thinks it's a good show because she beats him all the time."

So maybe there's a thaw . . .

by Anonymousreply 109April 13, 2018 2:08 PM

Interesting, r109. It can't be possible that somehow Joe got wind of increased discussion of his feud with Rachel, right?

I'm going for (a) Mika likes her, or (b) She's the network's biggest ratings-getter and both J and M would indeed like to heal old wounds

by Anonymousreply 110April 13, 2018 3:46 PM

I just wish Rachel would wear something other than her black blazer.

by Anonymousreply 111April 13, 2018 3:57 PM

It's been awhile since I've seen anyone proclaim their love for MALCOLM NANCE!!!!

(but here is his latest disturbing tweet)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112April 13, 2018 6:00 PM

Chuck the Toad talking to Comey's lawyer friend, tried to pontificate about Comey "stooping to Trump's level" (the quote about Cheeto's appearance). Comey's friend wasn't there for that false equivalency and pushed back, and Toady started stammering.

Now Toady is talking to the Romney woman RNC Chair, and he'll also have pretaped interview with Paul Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 113April 13, 2018 9:18 PM

Ronna Romney McDaniel is scum. She sits there smiling and pretending there's nothing wrong with the rethuglican party, she "doesn't know" about all the allegations with Michael Cohen and Broidy etc...disgusting

by Anonymousreply 114April 13, 2018 9:24 PM

She also "doesn't know" about Scooter Libby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115April 13, 2018 9:27 PM

Dylan Ratigan is a sexy daddy, but he's also a rough-looking 46.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 13, 2018 9:34 PM

He is hot R116 but he looks at least 7-10 years older. I'd still lick his sack.

by Anonymousreply 117April 13, 2018 9:35 PM

R114 She no longer uses her middle, (maiden), name "Romney". There's a reason for that.

by Anonymousreply 118April 13, 2018 9:46 PM

[quote]OK here's the latest on Joe-Rachel, and this time he actually said something positive.

[quote]On Morning Joe this AM, several people were discussing Hannity-Trump, and a couple of them were sarcastically joking that Hannity is a good show, to which Joe remarked, "Rachel thinks it's a good show because she beats him all the time."

[quote]So maybe there's a thaw . . .

You think that's a thaw? Jesus, Missus, you did not seem to catch Joe swiping Rachel and trying to put her in the same category as the insane, ranting Hannity who puts on a good show by lying every single fucking night and you think it's positive that the loser cunt Joe compared Maddow to the inveterate liar Hannity? Did he bother to distinguish that what Rachel reports on her show every night is factually verifiable? Nope. Just salacious.

Oh, for fucks sake get smarter about your arguments or demand more money from your overseers who do not have the intellectual capacity to come up with such arguments and hoped you would.

by Anonymousreply 119April 13, 2018 9:47 PM

Richard Engler seems to be one of the bravest and nicest people on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 120April 13, 2018 9:48 PM

R120 It's Richard Engel. I think he's a hero but I fear for his life.

by Anonymousreply 121April 13, 2018 9:51 PM

R116 holy shit he can't be 46. He looks almost damn near 60

by Anonymousreply 122April 13, 2018 10:12 PM

Dylan Ratigan looks great-grandpa-adjacent!

by Anonymousreply 123April 13, 2018 10:39 PM

R73 Della, that’s the music I hear whenever the Evening Punctuationist chimes in.

by Anonymousreply 124April 13, 2018 11:02 PM

Benjamin Wittes cracks me up.

I also really like this Asian Lawyer gal. Sorry, I didn’t catch her name. She knows her stuff and is the right amount of pushy without being obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 125April 14, 2018 12:12 AM

Jesus Christ, R119. Can you read? They call Hannity a piece of shit every morning. Joe's point was that Rachel goes head to head against Hannity and wins in the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 126April 14, 2018 12:16 AM

R119 - Thanks for the laugh.

Little could I have imagined that the innocuous comment I posted @ R109 could have such a triggering effect:

"Missus" . . . "Oh, for fucks sake get smarter about your arguments" . . . "demand more money from your overseers who do not have the intellectual capacity to come up with such arguments and hoped you would."

You remind me of the crazy diner lady in The Birds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127April 14, 2018 1:01 PM

The new MSNBC promo, "This is who we are " or whatever it's called, with still images of their hosts and anchors backed by audio of a number of US presidents, dem and repub, praising the free press and the need for a free press...

Nicely done. And they didn't seem to leave any big egos out. All the prime time people are in there, as are Matthews, Andrea, and Joy. Probably more.

Obviously no audio of the current potus

by Anonymousreply 128April 14, 2018 3:52 PM

lol, r73.

Anyway, r111, I think it would toy with my psyche too much if Rachel would wear a different color. Something that was once attached would suddenly be adrift in the Universe.

by Anonymousreply 129April 14, 2018 4:04 PM

Ooops, I meant lol, r124.

by Anonymousreply 130April 14, 2018 4:05 PM

I'm with you, Della. If Rachel came on one evening in a sleeveless dress or a bright blue blazer, I'd be thrown off.

A very good profile of Maddow in the New Yorker last fall reported that she has like 30 jackets hanging on a rack in her office, and that all are shades of grey and black. She just grabs one and goes on the air.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 14, 2018 4:20 PM

I'm pissed that they put Thomas Roberts in a shitty time spot, then cancelled his show.

by Anonymousreply 132April 14, 2018 4:25 PM

Brian Williams with a fresh vacation tan. While O'Donnell looked like chalk last night. They should send Larry to the Caribbean too.

by Anonymousreply 133April 14, 2018 5:05 PM

I think Rachel wants the viewers to just focus on what she's saying rather than how she looks.

by Anonymousreply 134April 14, 2018 5:41 PM

does anyone know why Ari and Chris Matthews never have the on-air hand off/banter between their shows? Does Lawrence do it with Brian? I think pretty much everyone else on that channel does

by Anonymousreply 135April 14, 2018 5:45 PM

No, Lawrence only hands it off to Brian.

Out of the evening shows, it seems to be only about Maddow-Larry, maybe it's about boosting Larry's viewership.

During the day, there's hand-off banter between some of the ladies, often Ruhle is part of it. She seems like someone fun to have a drink with.

by Anonymousreply 136April 14, 2018 6:37 PM

Rachel did a fantastic job covering the breaking Syria Bombing story. They don’t need to replace her with Lyin’ Brian Williams every time news breaks.

Sorry, but if a woman or POC was caught lying like BW was, there would be no Second Act to their career. No second chance, no comeback.

by Anonymousreply 137April 14, 2018 6:57 PM

[quote]does anyone know why Ari and Chris Matthews never have the on-air hand off/banter between their shows?

Matthews has never really done that. He's always ready to go with his headline for the day. But I think it may also be that except on breaking news days, Chris Matthews tapes his show earlier, like in his old 5 pm time-slot, and so can't do live handoffs. I could be wrong.

Rachel, Chris Hayes and Chris Mattheww seem to get along just fine on big election nights.

by Anonymousreply 138April 14, 2018 7:06 PM

yes, Mathews is almost always pre-taped. Hayes does live hand off to Rachel, and Rachel to Larry

by Anonymousreply 139April 14, 2018 7:08 PM

Thanks, r131.

I've a girl-crush on Maddow.

by Anonymousreply 140April 14, 2018 9:02 PM

The Maddow-O’Donnell toss is newish. They went years without it, and I still think it sounds awful and unnatural and wish they stopped it.

by Anonymousreply 141April 15, 2018 12:38 AM

[quote]yes, Mathews is almost always pre-taped.

They have the "LIVE" banner in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen during Chris Matthews' show most evenings, so I don't think every one of his shows is pre-taped. Perhaps he's just not interested in doing those chatty hand-offs with Ari the way Rachel and Lawrence do between their shows (and Rachel and Chris Hayes).

by Anonymousreply 142April 15, 2018 2:22 AM

Are all of these shows broadcast from NYC?

by Anonymousreply 143April 15, 2018 3:11 AM

I think so, R143. Brian's may come from Washington.

by Anonymousreply 144April 15, 2018 4:13 AM

Brian's definitely NY.

I think Chris Matthews and Joy are DC

by Anonymousreply 145April 15, 2018 4:46 AM

R143 Not only that, but they're right across the street from the building that has Fox News Studios.

by Anonymousreply 146April 15, 2018 6:11 AM

Matthews is usually in Washington, as are Andrea, Casey and I think Halle Jackson. Not sure about Joy Reid.

by Anonymousreply 147April 15, 2018 1:37 PM

[Tell me something I don’t know!]

I still think Brian Williams is sexy as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 148April 15, 2018 1:40 PM

I generally like the live hand-offs.

by Anonymousreply 149April 15, 2018 5:37 PM

I'm really sick of being told to "take a listen", no matter who says it (& pretty much everyone does) -- it's particularly annoying when said by someone who looks mature & is speaking about a serious subject. There's a reason people like Edward R. Murrow, David Brinkley, Walter Cronkite, etc. didn't tell us to "take a listen": because it sounds like baby-talk & isn't dignified.

by Anonymousreply 150April 15, 2018 5:57 PM

What the hell are you on about, R150?

by Anonymousreply 151April 15, 2018 6:09 PM

Ari Melber is going in on Comey on Twitter. He sounds as angry about the book as Trump does.

Is Ari coming out as a Trump stan? Does he get a pass from you guys since he’s cute, white, and straight?

by Anonymousreply 152April 15, 2018 7:25 PM

R152 did you not read his thread? He was only criticizing Comey as it relates to his handling of the Hillary Clinton email investigation. Comey deserves a lot of criticism for that. Ari is certainly no fan of Trump or repubs based on his show

by Anonymousreply 153April 15, 2018 7:31 PM

"You've had your hour. Get the fuck off NOW!," I'm screaming at Maddow 4 minutes into her hand-over to Lawrence O'Donnell.

by Anonymousreply 154April 16, 2018 1:46 AM

You realize that Lawrence extends the hand-over chat with Rachel in a desperate attempt to hold on to her audience, right?

by Anonymousreply 155April 16, 2018 1:48 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156April 16, 2018 1:35 PM

I'm a big fan of Stephanie Ruhle. I think she's bright, quick and doesn't take shit from anybody. Plus, physically she's extremely attractive.

Still, today's dress is too low on the bosom. And Velshi is leaning waaay over towards her. He's probably not trying to peek, but it looks that way.

by Anonymousreply 157April 16, 2018 3:13 PM

I like Ari but he tries too hard to be cool by randomly pulling out lines from rap songs. Most of his guests are older and don't know who or what he's talking about. I do like that he pulls in more of a younger audience though. I can see him falling into the trap of wanting to increasingly associate with celebrities though. Hopefully he won't totally go that way

by Anonymousreply 158April 16, 2018 5:15 PM

I like Paul Fishman, a former federal attorney he seems pleasant and obviously knowledgeable

by Anonymousreply 159April 16, 2018 6:11 PM

It took awhile for both Ruhle and her 11 am partner Ali Velshi to grow on me. I now like both quite a bit.

Velshi, as someone else posted on a different thread, has been joking this afternoon about how he has to avoid Twitter now after referring to Sean Hannity as a "journalist" at the top of the show this hour, when news was breaking.

by Anonymousreply 160April 16, 2018 7:42 PM

Lawrence O'D must be jumping for joy! This has been the past two weeks he's had in years. I can't wait to watch tonight.

by Anonymousreply 161April 16, 2018 8:09 PM

[quote]Is Ari coming out as a Trump stan? Does he get a pass from you guys since he’s cute, white, and straight?

A lot of the MSNBC usuals and others were highly critical of Comey : Mathew Miller, Seth Abrahmson,Walter Shau, Joyce Alene Ari Melber, etc etc

by Anonymousreply 162April 16, 2018 11:41 PM

Mathews was siding too much with Hannity.

Chris: “Should Stenolopogus have volunteered that he worked for the Clintons 20 years ago?”

Me: “No, because all policy wonks know this, and have for 20 years. It was public information. Hannity was criticizing the Cohn FBI investigation and not mentioning his association with Cohn!”

by Anonymousreply 163April 17, 2018 12:13 AM

Ari Melber doesn’t just quote raps. He uses them to engage people, as in, “You know what Jay-Z says about da po-po....” and the old white guy just stares until Ari says “Can’t truss em!”

Douchechills.

If MSNBC wants a young, hippity hoppity audience, it should replace the cheesy frat bro with one of the Live and Hip Hop stars, yo, knowhatimsayin? Word to your mother.

by Anonymousreply 164April 17, 2018 12:31 AM

R151, what is it that you don't understand about objecting to undignified baby-talk?

by Anonymousreply 165April 17, 2018 2:11 AM

Even though Rachel Maddow beat Sean Hannity in the ratings last month, I'm pretty sure he won the in the ratings tonight!

That IS what it's all about, isn't it? Trump must be proud of him this evening.

by Anonymousreply 166April 17, 2018 4:46 AM

I love Ari but when he "raps" he veers dangerously into Matt (trying to be cool) Lauer territory.

by Anonymousreply 167April 17, 2018 12:32 PM

R163, Matthews enjoys tripping his pundits by playing devil's advocate. He likes to test if they'll come up with the self-evident pushback.

Sometimes they aren't smart or quick enough. In this case, the Yamishe woman couldn't figure it out and just agreed with him, while Betsy Woodruff came through with the counter about everyone knowing Stephanopoulos's history - to which Matthews said, that's right, that's why we have you here.

by Anonymousreply 168April 17, 2018 4:35 PM

Betsy Woodruff is one smart cookie and she speaks clearly and concisely.

by Anonymousreply 169April 17, 2018 5:08 PM

Who watched Nicolle Wallace's interview with Michael Avenotti today? Anyone notice the look in her eyes when she said the word "sexy"?

by Anonymousreply 170April 17, 2018 9:47 PM

I did, R170. She stood up after the show, slipped and slid down the hall in her own pussyjuice.

by Anonymousreply 171April 17, 2018 10:04 PM

R166 unfortunately Hannity got 4.5 million viewers on Friday night thanks to the overhyped Syria bombings. That means regular republicans who don't normally watch his show listened to his bullshit for an hour. Great...

Rachel's numbers were steady. She won the demo over Hannity by a big margin last night but he had 89,000 more viewers.

With more scandals coming out, I think Rachel's numbers will keep going up though

by Anonymousreply 172April 17, 2018 10:31 PM

^^ R166 here. I detest Hannity, whereas I don't think I've missed an episode of Rachel in two years.

My point was, even I tuned in to Hannity to see how he'd respond. I figured a lot who don't even watch cable news would put him on. Today MSNBC and CNN are filled with old Hannity clips of him calling out people like George Stephanopolous for not fully disclosing information, clips showing Hannity of being guilty beyond hypocrisy. Enjoyed those immensely.

by Anonymousreply 173April 17, 2018 11:25 PM

Lawrence O'D was having a blast railing on Hannity last night.

by Anonymousreply 174April 18, 2018 7:14 PM

Why doesn’t Comcast figure out how to record ratings info? I’m sure they know what we’re watching. Or, do they, and just not tell us?

by Anonymousreply 175April 18, 2018 9:53 PM

Chuck Todd has a segment titled “I’m Obsessed With...” Obsession is not healthy. I think he means interested, or, enthusiastic, or similar. It bugs me. It’s like thinking the Evening Punctuationist is obsessed when he is simply a pedestrian enthusiast.

Also, Melissa Harris Perry-Whatever calling herself a nerd. She meant wonk, but the WaPo already had a Wonk desk.

by Anonymousreply 176April 18, 2018 9:58 PM

Be so sexy if they replace joe and mika with ari melber and anyone....

by Anonymousreply 177April 18, 2018 10:05 PM

Long Twitter thread showing screenshots from Joy Reid's old blog that exposes her homophobia and puerile obsession with all things gay. She seems retarded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178April 18, 2018 10:10 PM

Well, *somebody* seems to have a pre-ready case built against Joy Ann Reid. Interesting. In comments sections I've also encountered her supposed homophobic past being flogged by Russian bots who hated her current journalism and sought to discredit it in a clear case of 'whataboutism.' Fact - People evolve. I'm willing to give her a pass.

In the other instance, I had to point out that outing a Republican politician (something which Reid was accused of doing) was not necessarily evidence of homophobia on her part. Among gay activists there was a school of thought which held that such politicians were fair game for outing, particularly when they had a history of taking anti-LGBT positions. Granted, she's not a gay activist, but the point stands.

by Anonymousreply 179April 18, 2018 10:58 PM

I know it's not popular to praise Chris Matthews on these threads, but he is doing a great job of taking down the ridiculous things coming out of the White House (and the for-profit private club in Florida that fakes as a government place). It's all getting so ridiculous, it's nice to have someone who has been around for awhile, and seen lots of highs and lows in DC, for perspective.

by Anonymousreply 180April 18, 2018 11:26 PM

R180, occasionally Chris Matthews gets on my nerves. He's a bit too right-wing for my taste, and I think I'll scream if I hear him reference, quote, or recommend 'Love, Actually' one more time.

But the way he squints at the teleprompter is somewhat endearing. ;)

by Anonymousreply 181April 18, 2018 11:39 PM

Joy Reid's "alleged" homophobia:

I don't know if this will mean much, but out and proud WAPO columnist Jonathan Capehart is a frequent guest on her show. And she seems to have a genuine friendship with Rachel. I don't think either would be the case if she were homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 182April 19, 2018 12:43 AM

Chris Mathews doesn’t seem to have a good relationship with Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 183April 19, 2018 12:45 AM

Rachel was great tonight with that lawyer. He kept saying it was a total victory and she was like...hmm..I don’t see it.

by Anonymousreply 184April 19, 2018 2:51 AM

Joy Reid addressed her past like a month ago. She apologized as someone should do. It's obvious she's changed and is not homophobic. A lot of people were very ignorant 10 years ago regarding gays-I certainly was and I'm gay myself.

by Anonymousreply 185April 19, 2018 2:53 AM

I think Ben Smith from Buzz Feed is sexy. Especially since he lost weight. He’s on Chris Hayes tonight.

by Anonymousreply 186April 20, 2018 1:00 AM

Chris Hayes is looking buff and muscular. Has he been working out? His chest and biceps look huge...tightly packed in that suit.

by Anonymousreply 187April 20, 2018 1:09 AM

Carter Page will love that R187

by Anonymousreply 188April 20, 2018 1:10 AM

The interview between Comey and Rachel was interesting. The last 20 minutes was love from Six Flags where Rachel and Jim rode a tilt a whirl.

by Anonymousreply 189April 20, 2018 2:04 AM

R189, I thought Rachel did a better job of pinning Comey down on things than any interview so far. Remarkably, she also managed to ask pertinent questions about the Comey memos, which were leaked from Congress and breaking right then.

by Anonymousreply 190April 20, 2018 2:23 AM

[quote]The last 20 minutes was love from Six Flags where Rachel and Jim rode a tilt a whirl.

Que? This is something my mind's eye cannot conjure up.

by Anonymousreply 191April 20, 2018 2:36 AM

Does Matthew Miller's hair bother anyone else? it's very distracting. Not too bad in the photo, but odd on tv.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192April 20, 2018 3:09 AM

Oh, yes, R192. Very, very much. I actually mentioned this in a previous thread. I always think of him as "the Count" For a while, before he started to gray a bit at the temples, it looked like he wore one of those molded plastic Count Dracula headpieces. He slicks it back so severely

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193April 20, 2018 3:26 AM

The weight Bob Costa lost has gone to Sam Stein.

Meanwhile, Brian Williams muses that "Hookers are back in the news."

by Anonymousreply 194April 20, 2018 3:29 AM

Though I totally get the Dracula thing, I still think Matt Miller is hot. Would love to see him a little more buttoned-down and relaxed.

by Anonymousreply 195April 20, 2018 3:32 AM

Bob Costas is still with NBC? I thought the sty in the eye during Sochi killed his career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196April 20, 2018 3:32 AM

Gawd, Sam Stein's face has doubled in size.

Fatty fatty fat fat

by Anonymousreply 197April 20, 2018 3:34 AM

R196, they're not talking about Bob Costas, but Robert Costa of WaPo. He has lost a lot of weight. His new look:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198April 20, 2018 11:38 PM

Joy Reid wrote on her blog like she was a DL'er. She referred to Charlie Christ as Ms. Charlie, which was what he was called around this time. She was mocking him because he was gay and passing these draconian anti-gay laws in Florida where she was living at the time. At best obnoxious and a bit tone deaf. Most of of those comments on R178's post come from bots/Bernie Bros/Trump supporters.

by Anonymousreply 199April 20, 2018 11:46 PM

Bob Costa lost TOO much weight.

by Anonymousreply 200April 20, 2018 11:47 PM

I agree. He needs to eat a chili dog. His head is too big for his toothpick body. He is handsome, though.

by Anonymousreply 201April 20, 2018 11:51 PM

Mmmmmm, super cute Jacob Soboroff is on Chris Hayes right now.

by Anonymousreply 202April 21, 2018 12:49 AM

Jacob did look adorable all dressed up in a suit and tie. Usually I see him reporting from the road looking adorable if a little schlubby.

by Anonymousreply 203April 21, 2018 1:55 PM

Robert Costa is not handsome. Stop with the fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 204April 21, 2018 1:56 PM

I had a friend named Costa Krisakos from Greece. He lived in Boston, but lost his job, and then faced immediate expulsion. This was the mid 1990s. He was a Chemical Engineer, and wonder if I would ever see him again? I don’t have the exact spelling of his last name.

by Anonymousreply 205April 21, 2018 3:06 PM

Joe and Mika were both off all week after Monday; Willie and Kasie Hunt hosted through Thursday and then Willie and DL fave Nicolle Wallace hosted on Friday. It can't be Honeymoon yet, can it? I wonder if J&M are planning to take a whole month off in the summer or something.

by Anonymousreply 206April 21, 2018 3:14 PM

What is your opinion of the cross-talk between Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell as Lawrence's show begins each night?

I don't mind it as long as it doesn't go on too long. Rachel's laughter always seems forced.

by Anonymousreply 207April 21, 2018 4:54 PM

I HATE it, r207. I wish O'Donnell would just leave her alone and starts his show. She plays along because she's too nice and he just wants her audience to stay on the channel. I hate it.

by Anonymousreply 208April 21, 2018 5:07 PM

I think the Chris Hayes-Rachel hand-off seems much more natural and they do seem like real friends.

by Anonymousreply 209April 21, 2018 5:08 PM

Yeah she and Chris seem to be friends and they share a kitchen (see below). Does O'Donnel work in the same building ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210April 21, 2018 5:15 PM

R207 I wouldn't mind it as much if Lawrence was more honest in his comments. Rather than saying something like, "Take as much time as you need, I love listening to you." , he could say, "The longer you bleed into my show the higher my ratings get".

by Anonymousreply 211April 21, 2018 6:59 PM

You’d think they could each afford their own kitchen. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 212April 21, 2018 7:55 PM

You'd think they would dress like actual adults who have real and serious professional jobs that pay them A LOT of money.

by Anonymousreply 213April 21, 2018 11:11 PM

Did anyone see Joy's show today? I loved at the end of a segment when she showed a flashback Watergate photo of Jill Wine-Banks, complimenting her fashion. Jill looked beyond flattered and then giggled. It was a cute moment.

by Anonymousreply 214April 21, 2018 11:27 PM

If I practically lived at the office like Chris and Rachel do, I wouldn’t wear a suit and tie unless I was on camera or meeting with outsiders.

by Anonymousreply 215April 21, 2018 11:38 PM

Rachel literally puts on one of the 10 blazers she has on her rack on the way out to the studio, R215.

by Anonymousreply 216April 21, 2018 11:52 PM

R214 I get the feeling Jill Wine-Banks is the most beloved of all the MSNBC commentators. Each host seems to have their own special relationship with her.

by Anonymousreply 217April 22, 2018 12:21 AM

I DVRed Deadline White House Friday. John Heillman was filling in for Nicolle so I was about to delete, when I heard "Aloha! It's 4/20 my favorite holiday of the year. Happy 4/20!" I cracked up. Can you imagine such a thing uttered on Fox?

by Anonymousreply 218April 22, 2018 10:54 PM

I’m starting to think that either Ms. Wine-Banks or someone close to her is posting the multiple ass-licking comments about her.

We get it. She’s perfect. No need to keep posting about it.

by Anonymousreply 219April 22, 2018 10:57 PM

R219 fuck off repubtard. Jill is awesome and we won't shut up about it. Go lick Nixon's tombstone

by Anonymousreply 220April 22, 2018 11:08 PM

Oh, come on R219. JW-B is the perfect mother archetype for gay men. Smart, attractive, well-put-together, ages well and gracefully, has excellent taste and is progressive. She really is the idealized mother type.

by Anonymousreply 221April 22, 2018 11:09 PM

I hope I never piss off R220.

by Anonymousreply 222April 23, 2018 2:50 AM

Joy Reid Claims Newly Discovered Homophobic Posts From Her Blog Were ‘Fabricated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223April 23, 2018 3:55 PM

I love John Heillman more than ever.

by Anonymousreply 224April 23, 2018 3:58 PM

R221 nails it. Jill is Dream Mom/Grandma.

by Anonymousreply 225April 23, 2018 4:10 PM

Didn't care for Heillman. I've seen him confronted about factual information and he's brushed it aside.

I will say, he has a tough act to follow: Nicolle really is smooth and makes it look easy.

by Anonymousreply 226April 23, 2018 7:47 PM

Matthew Miller is always coughing and swallowing hard. He seems to have a constant tickle in his throat. Lol!

by Anonymousreply 227April 23, 2018 8:11 PM

I wish someone would tell Ari Melber to knock off the attempts at humor. You’d think he’d notice that his guests just stare blankly at him or look confused. When you have to explain you are joking, you have failed.

by Anonymousreply 228April 23, 2018 8:16 PM

I find Ari pedantic and kind of annoying. His voice and delivery remind me a little of Matt Lauer. Not a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 229April 24, 2018 11:52 AM

I like French Pres. Emmanuel Macron, but I'm sick of hearing everyone on MSNBC gush about his great relationship with Trump (including their "body language"). I think he's a smart young man who's figured out how to manipulate the egomaniac in the White House (which isn't that hard) & is doing a good job of it -- that's not a "relationship", it's a con game. I'm glad to see Trump being used by someone I agree with, but the MSNBC staff is allowing itself to be bamboozled right along with him & they all sound way too naive for reporters (even Andrea Mitchell!). I hope their reactions improve as the day progresses & the more cynical/realistic anchors take over (Ali Velshi? Nicolle Wallace? Chris Matthews? Rachel Maddow?). Sacre bleu!

by Anonymousreply 230April 24, 2018 6:33 PM

Praising Trump’s relationship with Trump is a meaningless way for MSNBC to prove critics wrong.

“We don’t trash Trump 24/7! We compliment him for his relationship with Macron!”

Nothing more.

The time to worry is when MSNBC compliments Trump’s treatment of Putin.

by Anonymousreply 231April 24, 2018 6:47 PM

Eh, R230, Steph and Ali clocked it this morning. They correctly stated Macron and Kim Jong-Un have figured out how to puff up and flatter Trump's ego while maneuvering to get their wishes met; while Merkel and May (sounds like a law firm or dry goods chain) are unable to fake their body language and feign warmth in Trump's presence.

It was an interesting discussion, and made me wonder if old-style female heads of state like Golda Meir or Indira Gandhi could/would have hid their visceral disgust.

by Anonymousreply 232April 24, 2018 9:45 PM

damn, Ari with the 5 o'clock shadow is rocking the look tonight

by Anonymousreply 233April 24, 2018 10:51 PM

Who caught Michael Avenatti with Nicolle Wallace earlier? I think she's got the best chemistry with him of all the MSNBC hosts.

by Anonymousreply 234April 24, 2018 11:27 PM

MSNBC stopped running the news crawl at the bottom of the screen! Hallelujah!

Is this a temporary thing? I hope it’s permanent and only used for breaking news that requires constant updates.

by Anonymousreply 235April 25, 2018 12:18 AM

This disturbs me. I like Joy very much and she's a crucial contributor. Even if she was homophobic years ago, people evolve, (well, some do). I hope people like Jonathan Capehart come to her defense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236April 25, 2018 12:23 AM

Any Thomas Roberts fans around? (hehe)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237April 25, 2018 12:25 AM

The “Joy was s homophobe” story is only getting bigger and louder thanks to her accusations of fakery and hacking.

As Joy herself might say, “It isn’t the crime, it’s the cover up”

Only the Queen of the Gays, Rachel herself, can save Joy.

by Anonymousreply 238April 25, 2018 12:34 AM

R235 if that's true I'm relieved.

Crawls started on 9/11 and with good reason, news was constantly breaking, minute to minute. Crawls were necessary and helpful in a national emergency.

That they never died has bugged me forever.

by Anonymousreply 239April 25, 2018 12:35 AM

R236 he did retweet something she posted earlier today so they're definitely still friends. I know Joy is friends with Capehart, Rachel and Don Lemon at the very least. There have been plenty of gay commentators on her show too. I don't think any of them has said anything and they know her much better than we do

by Anonymousreply 240April 25, 2018 12:38 AM

[quote]while Merkel and May (sounds like a law firm or dry goods chain) are unable to fake their body language and feign warmth in Trump's presence.

I think that has a lot to do with Cheeto's Hillary complex. He's threatened by women in power / powerful women. He can't accept that a woman can be on par with him as a world leader.

by Anonymousreply 241April 25, 2018 3:33 AM

Good grief! Brian Williams just read Ashley Parker's comment in the Wash Post comparing Trump's brushing dandruff off Macron's shoulder to the social ritual of gorillas grooming each other. Give that woman another Pulitzer Prize!

by Anonymousreply 242April 25, 2018 3:48 AM

DL faves Ms. April Ryan, Ashley Parker and Jim Acosta headline a big story in Variety about the White House press corps:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243April 25, 2018 5:10 AM

Ms. Ryan serves no nonsense.

"I actively get death threats just for asking a question. I have law enforcement on speed dial.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244April 25, 2018 5:11 AM

Jim Acosta ... yes sir, I most definitely would! Used to be an AWG with dark hair but now .... woof!

by Anonymousreply 245April 25, 2018 5:16 AM

[quote]Good grief! Brian Williams just read Ashley Parker's comment in the Wash Post comparing Trump's brushing dandruff off Macron's shoulder to the social ritual of gorillas grooming each other. Give that woman another Pulitzer Prize!

Brian W. also made sexual innuendos about the Cheeto-Frenchy "bromance".

by Anonymousreply 246April 25, 2018 5:56 AM

[quote]comparing Trump's brushing dandruff off Macron's shoulder to the social ritual of gorillas grooming each other

That's actually the first thing that came to mind when I saw it. Allogrooming actually had a devoted section in an Animal Ethology course I took in college .

[quote]In this system, researchers have observed that dominant males receive more grooming while grooming others less, thereby indicating that less dominant males groom more dominant individuals to maintain relationships.

by Anonymousreply 247April 25, 2018 7:15 AM

Trump pal Macron is now hated by both the left and right in France. Like Sarkozy and Hollande, he won't get a second term.

by Anonymousreply 248April 25, 2018 3:43 PM

It really wasn't necessary for Ari to have Charlamagne on last night and talk about Kanye West's views on politics lol. He needs to cool it with the celeb stuff. I think Ari's at his best when he's talking about politics from a legal view. I liked his Mannafort stuff last night

by Anonymousreply 249April 25, 2018 3:58 PM

Andrea Mitchell just opened her show with a montage of the bromance between Macron & Trump, set to "I'm into Something Good"

by Anonymousreply 250April 25, 2018 4:05 PM

The execs at MSNBC must love Ari’s rap obsession since it’s only getting more air time, not less.

If he referred to Broadway musicals like he does to rap, he’d be yanked off the air by his short and curlies.

by Anonymousreply 251April 25, 2018 4:05 PM

I'm a millennial and like SOME rap but I don't watch news shows to see celebs on there. I wouldn't care if he had on country, pop, r&b or rock stars-I don't want any of them on too often. Once in a while is OK but he's doing it now a few times weekly. I get that the producers are hoping this will appeal to a younger audience so if that's what brings them I can accept it. I just don't want it to turn into a show that heavily features random celebs giving their views on politics when they have no more insight than the viewers at home.

by Anonymousreply 252April 25, 2018 4:18 PM

It’s more than a celebrity cameo. Almost every broadcast he refers to some rap lyric as a reply to a guest’s comment. The panel may laugh nervously if they notice what he’s attempting, but typically the guests just stare blankly. Most of his guests and a very large part of his audience are very unlikely to get these references. It comes across very “wannabe.”

by Anonymousreply 253April 25, 2018 4:23 PM

Ari Shapiro was a guest on MSNBC last night. Apparently he's a host on NPR radio. He's adorable. Let's get rid of Chris Hayes and give his slot to Ari.

What do we know about this hot slut?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254April 25, 2018 4:24 PM

I like Chris Hayes’ baby blue eyes.

by Anonymousreply 255April 25, 2018 4:26 PM

Yes, r254, I've listened to Ari Apiro on NPR for years but who would have guessed he doesn't just have a great voice but a physical presence to match it

Not saying he should move to TV, because he is great on the radio; still, he could get a TV network gig if he wanted one, I'm guessing.

by Anonymousreply 256April 25, 2018 4:30 PM

Should be "Ari Shapiro," obviously. Sorry

by Anonymousreply 257April 25, 2018 4:31 PM

Corny white guys from the sheltered suburbs and prep schools like Ari Melber can’t shut up about their love for rap because they think it makes them cool.

Trust that if the man was a Country music fan or Rockabilly fan or Opera fan, he would keep that shit off the air.

by Anonymousreply 258April 25, 2018 4:43 PM

lol MSNBC isn't going to have 2 hosts named Ari.

by Anonymousreply 259April 25, 2018 4:46 PM

Yeah, Ari Melber who was once my future husband has become douchier and douchier to the point that I can't really watch his show unless there something happening at that moment

by Anonymousreply 260April 25, 2018 4:47 PM

Ari Shapiro is hotter and more likable than Ari Melber. And Shapiro is openly gay.

by Anonymousreply 261April 25, 2018 5:15 PM

[quote]Ari Shapiro is hotter and more likable than Ari Melber

All Things Considered, yeah he is

by Anonymousreply 262April 25, 2018 5:41 PM

Enough about the Aris for now. Joy needs our help.

Jeffrey Toobin weighs in...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263April 25, 2018 5:52 PM

Ari Shapiro is weird looking and seems like he'd be a fiber queen.

by Anonymousreply 264April 25, 2018 6:11 PM

Ali Velshi sometimes has a foreign correspondent on his show named Ali. But the other Ali pronounces his name differently, like “Ollie.”

“Ali, this is Ali. Ali, are you there? It’s Ali.”

“Thank you, Ali. Yes, Ali, I can hear you. Ali here. You can hear me, Ali?”

“Yes, Ali, it’s Ali. Go ahead, Ali.”

by Anonymousreply 265April 25, 2018 6:22 PM

[quote] Joy needs our help.

What, she needs more synonyms for the word "faggot"?

by Anonymousreply 266April 25, 2018 6:29 PM

Even if this is a witch hunt or a right-wing smear, if you're a prominent liberal in the media, you're going to be subjected to this kind of thing. You have to be prepared for it.

There are right ways to respond, and wrong ways (if you want to continue to work in the news media).

The right way is NOT lying about hackers. No one is corroborating this. It sounds like she's filed a false FBI report too.

by Anonymousreply 267April 25, 2018 6:39 PM

There is a thread on Ari Shapiro. He has a weirdly proportioned body, a neck like a giraffe but is really cute in person.

by Anonymousreply 268April 25, 2018 7:02 PM

R269 in what circumstance were you around him in person?

by Anonymousreply 269April 25, 2018 7:26 PM

I've seen him on the street a couple of times in workout gear and running.

by Anonymousreply 270April 25, 2018 8:13 PM

[quote]There is a thread on Ari Shapiro. He has a weirdly proportioned body, a neck like a giraffe but is really cute in person.

Well, the same could be said about Jeremy Peters.

We gays just have swan-like necks.

by Anonymousreply 271April 25, 2018 8:52 PM

[quote]What do we know about this hot slut?

He has a wedding band so he's probably not that slutty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272April 25, 2018 9:45 PM

According to Datalounge, all gays are slutty. Especially the married ones.

by Anonymousreply 273April 25, 2018 9:55 PM

Because they are, R273.

99% of married gays might as well be single, with all the "open relationship" sex they have.

by Anonymousreply 274April 25, 2018 10:36 PM

[quote]99% of married gays might as well be single, with all the "open relationship" sex they have.

R274 ignorant homophobic frau.

100% of straight males cheat on their wives.

by Anonymousreply 275April 25, 2018 10:50 PM

If you think Ari Shapiro is hot, check out his hotter NPR colleague Todd Zwillich.

Now, Todd has a face made for TV.

by Anonymousreply 276April 25, 2018 10:54 PM

Start an NPR thread to talk about those people

This is an MSNBC thread

by Anonymousreply 277April 25, 2018 11:15 PM

Thoughts on Shelby Holliday? She seems to appear every single day now. Can’t decide what to make of her.

by Anonymousreply 278April 26, 2018 12:23 AM

lmao Garrett Haake and Hallie Jackson kinda flirting @ 2:37 in the clip

"Forgive me for coming in hot there:

"No-I love you when you come in hot-that's your job"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279April 26, 2018 5:18 PM

What do yu do when you are watching MSNBC, but the Chuck Todd comes on so you go to CNN, but then Chris Cilizza comes on? I find them both repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 280April 26, 2018 9:37 PM

Ari is "liking" all the pro trump kanye tweets. I don't know about this one now guys... sexy only gets you so far

by Anonymousreply 281April 26, 2018 10:41 PM

The new MSNBC bug on the right side of the screen looks amateurish. I like that they got rid of the CNN-esque white box around the logo but the "live" part is not proportioned correctly. I can make a better bug on Photoshop and I don't have the funds that Comcast has.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282April 26, 2018 10:44 PM

New Wash Post article about Matt Lauer, Ann Curry and Tom Brokaw!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283April 27, 2018 12:45 AM

[quote]The new MSNBC bug on the right side of the screen looks amateurish. I like that they got rid of the CNN-esque white box around the logo but the "live" part is not proportioned correctly. I can make a better bug on Photoshop and I don't have the funds that Comcast has.

Looks like they are trying to highlight “NBC”. I don’t understand why they kept the MSNBC name after they split with Microsoft. It’s just confusing. They should identify as NBC News, not separate from the broadcast team. “NBC News24”

by Anonymousreply 284April 27, 2018 1:51 PM

Why does Rachel Maddow keep making jokes about Lawrence O'Donnell drinking alcohol when he doesn't drink? He always looks uncomfortable when she does that. She did it again last night saying he must've been drinking red wine while watching Fox and Trump. She must know he doesn't drink and is messing with him.

by Anonymousreply 285April 27, 2018 2:00 PM

Ari's segment on Kanye West and Trump mentions in hip hop was possibly his worst yet. Yes, in the past, rappers would name-drop Trump because until recently, he embodied super-wealth and success. Most of us outside of NYC didn't know until the campaign that he's always been a total fraud. There was no reason for Ari to compare that hip hop praise of Trump with what Kanye is saying now. All the other rappers are against Trump these days for obvious reasons. Ari can obviously be a Kanye fan but that was almost a Fox "News" spin on the situation.

and no obviously Ari is not a Trump fan so I don't know who is suggesting that. He's just making excuses for Kanye when no one else is and looks dumb for it

by Anonymousreply 286April 27, 2018 4:27 PM

[quote] R230: I like French Pres. Emmanuel Macron, ...I think he's a smart young man who's figured out how to manipulate the egomaniac in the White House (which isn't that hard) & is doing a good job of it -- that's not a "relationship", it's a con game.

The French figured-out that USSR President Brezhnev had cancer and was dying, probably before he knew, by analyzing his poop after a state visit. They’re leaders in AIDS research and medicine in general, have a force de frappe, and the Riviera. The are a formidable people and Trump is a piece of cake for Macron and French Intelligence Services, I’m sure.

by Anonymousreply 287April 27, 2018 6:58 PM

Every time I see the big Wu Tang Clan logo sticker on John Heilman’s laptop, I fantasize about a world in which straight guys would proudly be associated with the logo of an obviously gay band like Scissor Sisters.

Maybe that happens in an alternate universe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288April 27, 2018 8:52 PM

Dear Rachel, Please stop spending so much time whining about breaking news ruining your planned show. The time could be better spent on the flood of news you lament.

Thanks, Muah!

by Anonymousreply 289April 27, 2018 9:04 PM

I hate Lester Huolt and just wanted to write that.

by Anonymousreply 290April 27, 2018 10:29 PM

I'm surprised how unconsciously nervous the ticker made me and how much time I'd have to spend trying to catch a whole headline. I'd always catch the end of one and have to wait until it scrolled around again, but get distracted, and miss it again. Exhausting.

I find it much more relaxing to watch now.

by Anonymousreply 291April 27, 2018 10:36 PM

Ana Marie Cox was just introduced as an editorialist for the SyFy Network. Oh, and she has a podcast.

It beats digging ditches but ouch! Just how bad is her rift with Rachel? Is Rachel powerful enough to banish her enemies to oblivion?

by Anonymousreply 292April 28, 2018 2:20 AM

R291 have you seen the old stand up bit that Ellen DeGeneres did about news crawl-induced anxiety? It’s pretty hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 293April 28, 2018 2:41 AM

I really want to enjoy watching Richard Engel’s hour-long shows, but he is just boring. He’s fine for a three minute bit on occasion, but otherwise, he’s just dull. He could do his interviews naked and I wouldn’t care. Much.

by Anonymousreply 294April 28, 2018 2:45 AM

[quote] Ana Marie Cox was just introduced as an editorialist for the SyFy Network. Is Rachel powerful enough to banish her enemies to oblivion?

I think Ana Marie Cox battled drugs and alcohol, and then got married, found God, and moved to Minneapolis. She'll never quite return to her former stature as long as she chooses to stay in Minneapolis.

by Anonymousreply 295April 28, 2018 3:03 AM

Anna Marie took a break from Twitter today after she sided with right-wing NYT journalist Amy Chozick against Chelsea Clinton. Chozick was on FOX tonight BTW, blasting Hillary.. almost 2 years after the election.

by Anonymousreply 296April 28, 2018 3:13 AM

Years ago, my idiot brother in law asked me what I thought about Hillary’s emails. I responded “Well, they (Republicans) have to talk about something. That’s their job.“. I can’t believe they turned it into a nuclear accusation.

If you asked most Deplorable what exactly the problem was, with the emails, they probably would not know. Just like all their complaints. They don’t know why they are so mad.

by Anonymousreply 297April 28, 2018 3:31 AM

It’s more polite to say “Lock her up because of emails” than it is to say “Lock her up because she has a vagina”

by Anonymousreply 298April 28, 2018 3:46 AM

Stop the hammering!

by Anonymousreply 299April 28, 2018 3:54 AM

[quote] after she sided with right-wing NYT journalist Amy Chozick against Chelsea Clinton

Oh, for fuck's sake. Amy Chozick is not a "right-wing journalist." Just because her book, which is mostly positive toward Hillary, also contains some negative things about Hillary doesn't make her "right wing."

by Anonymousreply 300April 28, 2018 4:16 AM

Lawrence O'Donnell is actually really kind of cute.

by Anonymousreply 301April 28, 2018 4:19 AM

O'Donnell isn't a bad-looking man especially for his age but lack of lips are a major turnoff

by Anonymousreply 302April 28, 2018 4:22 AM

R299 Thank you. L'ing MAO. Forgot about that.

Anyone notice the couple times Anderson Cooper said it? always at the very end of a segment.

by Anonymousreply 303April 28, 2018 4:22 AM

Are Lawrence O'Donnell and Tamaron Hall still together?

by Anonymousreply 304April 28, 2018 4:26 AM

[quote]Oh, for fuck's sake. Amy Chozick is not a "right-wing journalist."

You could have fooled me since the whole press tour is scripted around poor innocent Wisconsin voters being wronged by evil Hillary. She pretty much trashes Hillary for caring about Southwesterns.

Big bad Hillary was mean to the Rustbelt, the little angels... : (

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305April 28, 2018 4:34 AM

[quote]I'm surprised how unconsciously nervous the ticker made me

Funny you should say that, R291, because it reminded me how, about the time my mother died a month ago, I finally realized why I avoid All In With Chris Hayes: That bloody theme music.B

It'd be bad enough (though bearable, and easily avoided) if it only played at the top of his broadcast, but they play it coming in from EVERY. fucking. commercial. break! And every time I hear it I feel anxious and keyed up.

by Anonymousreply 306April 28, 2018 5:10 AM

Very true R306, I can hear it as I type!

by Anonymousreply 307April 28, 2018 1:53 PM

And in other news, Joy Reid did just fine this morning, and openly gay Washington Post columnist Jonathan Capeheart was right there with her.

Love JC. He's a semi-regular on MSNBC but he doesn't appear on Morning Joe as much as he used to, now that he's making more money at WaPo and is happily married, I guess. Or he hates Joe, or likes to sleep in.

by Anonymousreply 308April 28, 2018 5:44 PM

Katie Phang is the Legal Analyst who is giving me life. Great this woman a show!

by Anonymousreply 309April 29, 2018 12:34 AM

Prayers for Ana Marie. She said on Twitter that one of her sponsees just relapsed.

She's all about Jesus, her addiction and AA now.

She's 20 pounds and 50% of a brain away from being a complete Midwestern frau.

by Anonymousreply 310April 29, 2018 12:39 AM

afternoon weekend anchor Aaron Gilchrist is hot!

by Anonymousreply 311April 29, 2018 12:39 AM

I read “one of her sponsees” as “one of her spouses” and immediately thought, “Is everybody Pan?!?”

I’ve spent to much time on that Janelle Monae thread.

by Anonymousreply 312April 29, 2018 12:46 AM

If they show that dishy Jonathan Lemire in a tux at the Correspondents Dinner, I shall die.

by Anonymousreply 313April 29, 2018 1:07 AM

Is that guy on with Jacob S wearing an untied bow tie as some sort of protest or statement?

by Anonymousreply 314April 29, 2018 1:10 AM

Jacob Soboroff hosting MSNBC's coverage of the White House Correspondents dinner is an excellent choice.

by Anonymousreply 315April 29, 2018 1:41 AM

@NicolleDWallace Following Following @NicolleDWallace More Nicolle Wallace Retweeted MSNBC

Everyone of us will walk in @JoyAnnReid ‘s shoes some day - filled with remorse and regret over something we have said or done, but I predict that few will do so this eloquently. Sending support and admiration to you and your amazing panel and team @JoyAnnReid

by Anonymousreply 316April 29, 2018 6:12 AM

Dear Nicole,

I love you girl, but no, most of us have never worked for an administration that started pointless wars on Iraq. We can say with confidence we will never walk in your shoes, nor Joy's.

by Anonymousreply 317April 29, 2018 9:14 AM

Is Hans Nichols gay? He had his arm around the seat of a man in military uniform seated next to him last night at the Correspondents' Dinner. Maybe that was his partner?

by Anonymousreply 318April 29, 2018 4:14 PM

Has anyone else noticed that Jeremy Bash's hair is significantly less fluffy recently?

by Anonymousreply 319May 1, 2018 3:05 AM

No, Hans is married to a woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320May 1, 2018 3:49 AM

Nicole is winning the stakes as the worst garbler of Matt Apuzzo's name. For the longest time I wondered who that "Matapuzo" was. Lawrence is the only one to pronounce it clearly as two words.

by Anonymousreply 321May 1, 2018 4:47 AM

Steve is in the dog house, dick head,

by Anonymousreply 322May 1, 2018 5:20 AM

Is everyone sick of Michael Avanatti yet?

by Anonymousreply 323May 1, 2018 12:46 PM

We will never tire of seeing that stud Avenatti.

by Anonymousreply 324May 1, 2018 1:16 PM

R322, what do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 325May 1, 2018 3:57 PM

Richard Painter did not like Kornacki questioning his views on Al Franken yesterday

by Anonymousreply 326May 1, 2018 5:24 PM

r323: I think Michael Avenatti needs to go away for a while--he's making himself a nuisance. Not good for his client at this point.

by Anonymousreply 327May 1, 2018 6:01 PM

Chuck the Toad is seeking the "expert" opinion of Corey Lewandowski on the Mueller questions. Corey's first salvo is that "we know there is no collusion because the House Intel Committee said so".

To which Chuck offered exactly zero rebuttal.

by Anonymousreply 328May 1, 2018 9:11 PM

I think being all over TV is Avanatti’s strategy. He wants to piss off Trump and trashing him on TV night and Day is a good way to do it.

He doesn’t seem to love TV stuff like a Lisa Bloom does.

And Lawrence O’Donnell gleefully obliges.

by Anonymousreply 329May 1, 2018 10:51 PM

I'm beginning to have dirty thoughts about Chuck Rosenberg.

by Anonymousreply 330May 1, 2018 10:59 PM

I was listening to that on satellite radio, R328, and my initial reaction was to visualize (graphically) the impending skewering that Cory was about to get for spouting Fox News propaganda/bullsit on MSNBC. When Chuck said nothing, I immediately turned it off

by Anonymousreply 331May 1, 2018 11:09 PM

R328 Really? Not that I doubt you, but who's idea for MSNBC to host that scumbag Lewandowski? Very bad judgement on whoever's part.

I often skip Chuck Todd's show. I don't have the disdain for him that so many on this thread apparently have, I just find him bland.

by Anonymousreply 332May 1, 2018 11:19 PM

You forget that the goal of the Chuck Toad Show isn’t to report the news or inform its audience. It’s to dazzle the audience with how smart the host is and how well-regarded and admired he is among the Washington and journalism crowds.

If you think he doesn’t get a chubby when a Senator compliments him on air, you are mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 333May 1, 2018 11:27 PM

What’s with the weird changes to the Chris Hayes Show? Why is he standing all of a sudden? Blood flow issue? Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 334May 2, 2018 12:03 AM

Maybe he's been watching (& believing) all of those recent TV commercials about desks that you stand at instead of sit at, & how they're so much better for your health (somehow).

by Anonymousreply 335May 2, 2018 2:31 AM

I find MTP unwatchable now. Todd really is poor with followups.

by Anonymousreply 336May 2, 2018 5:19 AM

Local news is doing a lot more standing over the past year or three, too. I suppose there must be research showing audiences are coming to expect that, like they see on every reality show and talk show. The "host" stands up and does some shtick until it's time for the guests.

"Who sits behind a desk anymore for the intro?" say losers who don't care about news

by Anonymousreply 337May 2, 2018 10:59 PM

I think Ari has the hots for Liz Plank. Every time she appears on his show he lights up and looks like he wants to flirt

by Anonymousreply 338May 2, 2018 11:03 PM

Liz is pretty.

by Anonymousreply 339May 2, 2018 11:11 PM

Ana Marie Cox was on Lawrence looking her typical washed-out unkempt hippie self yesterday. Thankfully, she didn't get much airtime. She was also on Maher last Friday, where her annoying coquettish giggles, hair flips, and "I am woman - hear me snark!" asides were on full display.

by Anonymousreply 340May 2, 2018 11:38 PM

Chris Matthews is getting worse with the burps and spittle and lost trains of thought.

He was reading the TelePrompTer and misread Michael Cohen as Michael Trump. He makes at least a few of those types of mistakes every show these days.

by Anonymousreply 341May 2, 2018 11:52 PM

Joy really blew it when she lied about being hacked.

Her reputation has been irreparably damaged.

Time to step down.

by Anonymousreply 342May 3, 2018 12:48 AM

And Rachel blew a lot of reputational capital by standing with Joy unqualified.

by Anonymousreply 343May 3, 2018 12:51 AM

Michael Avenatti: “I am speechless!”

Talking about Ghouliani revelations about Trumpy and Stormy on Faux News

by Anonymousreply 344May 3, 2018 2:12 AM

I vote Guiliani the best Trump pick ever! Single-handedly destroys their case in less than a week. Only Trump himself has done better.

by Anonymousreply 345May 3, 2018 3:35 AM

R342/343 right on que. several hundred times you have posted this.

by Anonymousreply 346May 3, 2018 3:50 AM

The blue glasses. Good, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347May 3, 2018 5:49 AM

What's with Rachel Maddow wearing very noticeable makeup the past couple of days?

by Anonymousreply 348May 3, 2018 6:40 AM

She looks cute at R347's pic

by Anonymousreply 349May 3, 2018 11:26 AM

Rachel has been wearing false eyelashes and lots of eye makeup for years now. Not to mention all that hair mousse.

by Anonymousreply 350May 3, 2018 12:13 PM

[quote] ... right on que ...

R346, thanks for another entry in the Homophone Hall of Infamy (along with to/too/two, peak/peek/pique, etc):

CUE (pronounced "kew") = a signal to a speaker or performer that it's his/her turn, or a long thin pointed stick used in playing pool or billiards;

'CUE (pronounced "kew") = shortened form of "barbecue" in American slang;

QUEUE (pronounced "kew") = British term (from the French) for a line of people, or a single long braid of hair (from the Chinese);

QUE (pronounced "keh") = Spanish word meaning "what?".

by Anonymousreply 351May 3, 2018 4:31 PM

lmao I loved how excited Rachel was at her expanded Trump Administration Departures wall! It's cool how it wraps around the corner now.

by Anonymousreply 352May 3, 2018 4:51 PM

R351 you know to wash an asshole before you rim it don’t you?

by Anonymousreply 353May 3, 2018 5:24 PM

Lol Hugh Hewitt reminding us that the Cohen wiretap may — just may — have NOTHING to do with Trump!

What a tool. Is his family humiliated to be associated with someone so stupid and stupidly loyal to corrupt Republicans??

by Anonymousreply 354May 3, 2018 5:34 PM

R354 yeah and did you hear what he just asked Avenatti? He asked him if he had been communicating with Cohen in the last few weeks. It was as if Hewitt was hoping Avenatti would be caught up in the drama and say something criminal lol Avenatti's a smart guy. Avenatti said his only interaction with Cohen was running into him recently at a Manhattan restaurant and having a "strained exchange"

by Anonymousreply 355May 3, 2018 5:48 PM

Avenatti’s strategy of continuously being on-air is a good one. Nowadays, with the volume of ever-churning stories, whoever is not visible is quickly forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 356May 3, 2018 5:48 PM

Avenatti will be on all shows today, he may as well sleep in msnbc's offices.

by Anonymousreply 357May 3, 2018 6:24 PM

Msnbc has lost Josh Earnest, dude got himself a job as chief communications officer to United Airlines.

by Anonymousreply 358May 4, 2018 2:16 PM

So Josh's new job will entail having to explain why their flight attendants suffocate puppies? Great.

by Anonymousreply 359May 4, 2018 3:05 PM

I'm not sure what a "contributor" or "analyst" gig at NBC pays, but I'm guessing it's less than a fourth of what Josh will now make at United.

Lots of these contract contributors have other full-time jobs, often at newspapers or in academia.

by Anonymousreply 360May 4, 2018 4:54 PM

There's a lesson we need to learn real fast if we want to stay in the game and stand a snowball's chance in hell of successfully combating the GOP propaganda machine. About a month ago, maybe two, Trump announced he would make "crooked Hillary" the foundation of the midterms campaigning. Now we have a book coming out, we have several different multi platformed lines of attack, and it's all designed to influence people against the Dems in the midterms. The other thing that's happening is the sexual misconduct allegations against Democrats and media personalities. Not saying Brokaw is innocent. I am saying that Fox had the market cornered on sexual misconduct until it started getting promoted as an issue spreading across all of TV.Meanwhile I don't see the Dems doing anything comparable. It's almost as if once again we're blindsided and put on the defensive. I just want us to go on the offensive and run this despicable pieces of shit out of town.

by Anonymousreply 361May 4, 2018 5:51 PM

Ari is back with his 2 -3 day beard. what the hell does he get up to when he goes west coast? too busy to shave, too much sex?

by Anonymousreply 362May 4, 2018 10:04 PM

[quote] R254: Ari Shapiro was a guest on MSNBC last night... He's adorable...What do we know about this hot slut?

I’m going to take a stab at it, and say that he’s cut.

by Anonymousreply 363May 4, 2018 10:26 PM

Have you noticed in the MSNBC commercial for their own news shows, Rachel complements Chris, and he lisps his way through [italic] “Stop...” [/italic] I think it’s adorkable. I guarantee he’s at least half-in, half-out, on the DL. That fine with me.

by Anonymousreply 364May 4, 2018 10:31 PM

Does anyone at MSNBC care about Ari Melber’s appearance? Would they let him on air wearing a grill in his mouth? With a teardrop tattoo under his eye? Because those are on the way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365May 4, 2018 11:56 PM

Ari goes to WeHo when he comes to the West coast.

by Anonymousreply 366May 5, 2018 12:01 AM

I thought Melber had been married to a girl? Why WeHo?

by Anonymousreply 367May 5, 2018 12:04 AM

Cuz he's single.

by Anonymousreply 368May 5, 2018 12:11 AM

DL Fave Richard Painter just slammed Alan Dershowitz. It was beautiful!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369May 5, 2018 11:00 PM

If Ari Melber was getting casual blowjobs in West Hollywood, one of those queens would spill.

by Anonymousreply 370May 6, 2018 12:30 AM

R369 lol old man fight. Dershowitz is so obnoxious

by Anonymousreply 371May 6, 2018 1:28 AM

The EGO on Dershowitz. He’s certainly accomplished but dear God, that ego. Astounding.

by Anonymousreply 372May 6, 2018 1:36 AM

[quote]If Ari Melber was getting casual blowjobs in West Hollywood, one of those queens would spill.

WeHo holds the secrets of many powerful closeted men. None of them have been outed. Plus what makes you think he's going out there giving cock to some random gossip queen ?

C'mon, by now you should know better.

by Anonymousreply 373May 6, 2018 1:49 AM

Dershowitz is a shyster who parlayed a questionable reputation as a professor into a despicable career chasing the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 374May 6, 2018 4:48 AM

I just don't get why people value his opinion on everything though. He was never a federal or US attorney so why do they keep asking him his thoughts on constitutional law?

and why do/have any world leaders ask for his "advise" regarding anything? It's bizarre. I think he'd be good if you committed a murder and wanted to avoid prison but that's about it

by Anonymousreply 375May 6, 2018 4:28 PM

R364, that commercial also has Rachel Maddow saying that Hayes "elucidated" the statement from Holder, instead of the correct word "elicited". I'm sure she knows the difference, so how could this happen? And how could such an error be allowed into the final version that was approved for broadcast (over & over & over again)?

by Anonymousreply 376May 8, 2018 12:51 PM

“Elucidated” is a perfectly cromulent word

by Anonymousreply 377May 8, 2018 1:02 PM

God Joe was more annoying than usual going after liberals for supporting gay rights and identity politics and Joy Reid while Mica was just sitting and smiling.

by Anonymousreply 378May 8, 2018 1:05 PM

Yeah Joe was in right wing mode this morning and he was very annoying.

Hate when he gets that way.

by Anonymousreply 379May 8, 2018 1:55 PM

At least liberals know when to cut bait.

by Anonymousreply 380May 8, 2018 1:57 PM

Rachel misspeaks quite often.

by Anonymousreply 381May 8, 2018 1:58 PM

The Right loves to hate-on their buzzwords. Joe is probably a smart fellow but I find it effective to ask, for example, my Deplorable brother in law, what “PC” means to him, or what [italic] whatever [/italic] he’s in a lather about, actually means to him. Often enough he has no idea what these things mean, or why he’s so angry, he just knows that he’s plenty angry about something.

He asked me once as to what I though about “Hillary’s emails”. That subject will go down in American History as the most significant “nothing” in history. The liars at Fox and Fox-adjacent have insinuated “something” about her emails, usually “something sinister”, but no one actually knows what it was.

Meanwhile, the Trump team is meeting with Russians in Trump Tower, and Jared wants to set up secure communications through the Russian Embassy, to avoid US surveillance. This - the Right is fine with?! I think Hillary lost because she didn’t know people could possibly be as stupid as by brother in law.

by Anonymousreply 382May 8, 2018 2:06 PM

Last night, Chris Matthews read “the Age of Triumph” instead of “the Age of Trump.”

None of these people are perfect.

by Anonymousreply 383May 8, 2018 2:32 PM

Technically swamp creature Hugh Hewitt is on topic here, so:

[quote]EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt placed a polluted California area on his personal priority list of Superfund sites targeted for “immediate and intense” action after conservative radio and television host Hugh Hewitt brokered a meeting between him and lawyers for the water district that was seeking federal help to clean up the polluted Orange County site.

[quote]Hewitt, a resident of Orange County whose son James works in EPA’s press office, emailed Pruitt in September to set up a meeting between the administrator and the law firm Larson O’Brien, which employs Hewitt and represents the Orange County Water District. ... Pruitt’s aides responded within minutes and quickly confirmed an Oct. 18 meeting for the lawyers and a project director... Since then, Hewitt has been a robust defender of Pruitt, dismissing his recent controversies as “nonsense scandals” on MSNBC in early April and saying his detractors were “just trying to stop the deregulation effort.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384May 8, 2018 2:55 PM

Hewitt is Swamp Scum.

by Anonymousreply 385May 8, 2018 3:04 PM

Question: How can I force Steve Kornacki to marry me?

His consent is not strictly necessary, but would be a plus if you can work that into a plan.

by Anonymousreply 386May 8, 2018 3:47 PM

Wow, uh........Andrea Winchel, Andrea MITCHELL, reeds....needs....new glasses since uh she can’t (pause) need....READ the TelePrompTer.

by Anonymousreply 387May 8, 2018 4:05 PM

Andrea Mitchell usually only has 6-7 seconds of coherent word structures during her hour so be lucky if today was only minimally embarrassing

by Anonymousreply 388May 8, 2018 4:24 PM

[quote]Question: How can I force Steve Kornacki to marry me?

This evening he's on duty at his board to comment on the primaries.

Go to 30 Rock, break into his studio, and present hole.

by Anonymousreply 389May 8, 2018 4:27 PM

R364, R376 Rachel also uses the word "disappeared", as an objective verb. As in "Devin Nunes disappeared the Russian documents before they could be seen by anyone on the committee". I've never heard or seen the word used like that before, but she does it quite frequently. Anybody else find that strange?

by Anonymousreply 390May 8, 2018 4:34 PM

She’s not the only one to use “disappeared” that way. It’s cool and hip these days to say someone or something “was disappeared” instead of “was made to go away” or “vanished.”

It has mobster connotations to indicate nefarious activity.

by Anonymousreply 391May 8, 2018 4:46 PM

"Disappeared" as a verb also has connotations of right-wing terrorism in Chile and Argentina.

by Anonymousreply 392May 8, 2018 4:50 PM

Are the Kornacki fans pumped for tonight’s election coverage? Your boy will be panting at The Big Board ALL NIGHT LONG so pace yourselves.

MSNBC has asked that Kornacki lovers use “#TrackingKornacki” so that you don’t miss a moment of sexy Steve.

by Anonymousreply 393May 8, 2018 9:17 PM

Yeah, Kornacki's got his brown khakis on tonight, so watch out!!!

by Anonymousreply 394May 8, 2018 9:42 PM

Eh. Just primaries. Hard to get too excited.

by Anonymousreply 395May 8, 2018 9:46 PM

We should Postmates over an order of Red Bull and poppers for Steve to keep his energy up up up

by Anonymousreply 396May 8, 2018 9:46 PM

Something tells me Steve turns into the Wrigleyville Cumdump when he does poppers and Red Bull.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397May 8, 2018 10:00 PM

[quote] Are the Kornacki fans pumped for tonight’s election coverage?

HELL YES.

by Anonymousreply 398May 8, 2018 10:32 PM

I can't wait to stay up all night with Steve.

by Anonymousreply 399May 8, 2018 10:37 PM

Which primaries are today ?

Does anyone have the schedule of primaries for the November run off ?

by Anonymousreply 400May 8, 2018 10:39 PM

[quote]"Disappeared" as a[n objective] verb also has connotations of right-wing terrorism in Chile and Argentina.

Yes, R392. I first heard it used that way in the movies "Z" & "Missing" (1969 & 1982, respectively), so it's been around for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 401May 8, 2018 10:49 PM

I don't have a schedule but tonight's are West Virginia, Indiana, and Ohio. Also North Carolina but I don't think any of the races are statewide.

West Virginia: Manchin is cruising to easy nomination on the Dem side for senate. R race is very interesting. Between 2 normalish republicans and a former Coal baron who recently finished a one year stint in jail for a mining explosion that killed 29 people. He is billing himself as the Trump of WV and has made racist and personal attacks towards Mitch McConnell. General consesus is he would lose to Manchin so Rs have been going crazy trying to stop him.

Indiana: Donnelly cruising to an easy nomination as well. Three way primary on the R side between a tea partier, an establishment guy, and a self funding political outsider. All three are credible candidates who could give Donnelly a good race in the general. But none is a dream candidate.

Ohio: Not much going on for Senate. The gubernatorial primaries are a big deal though. On the dem side You have Richard Cordray, former head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau under Obama vs Denis Kucinich a former congressman and mayor who's a little wacky. Warren is backing Cordray and Sanders is backing Kucinich so this will tell us who has more power with Ohio progressives. Both are very far left on economic issues, Cordray is a bit more moderate on most other things.For R's you have a Kasich backed candidate against a former senator. Both credible

by Anonymousreply 402May 8, 2018 10:52 PM

[quote]He is billing himself as the Trump of WV and has made racist and personal attacks towards Mitch McConnell

He’s closing with “l’m Trumpier than Trump.”

by Anonymousreply 403May 8, 2018 11:02 PM

[quote]Go to 30 Rock, break into his studio, and present hole.

So we're presuming Steve is a top? What if he's a bottom? Perhaps R386 should go to 30 Rock and present cock.

by Anonymousreply 404May 8, 2018 11:12 PM

Grab your hand lotion and Kleenex!

Polls are closing, y’all!

by Anonymousreply 405May 9, 2018 12:01 AM

Hopefully this will be the end of the odious Hugh Hewitt on MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406May 9, 2018 12:22 AM

Not only is Hewitt odious, but he's just plain stupid. Supporting Pruitt in private as a means to his own ends is one thing, but to admit it on national television?

by Anonymousreply 407May 9, 2018 12:37 AM

Oh Hewitt will be fine. He won't even have to address it. Right wing cunts never get called out on this stuff

by Anonymousreply 408May 9, 2018 1:11 AM

Rachel about Avenatti: "I know what you're thinking. I know that handsome lawyer!"

Even Rachel is not immune.

by Anonymousreply 409May 9, 2018 1:15 AM

Why isn't any news about the Senate Report?? I know there is a lot of news, but a 5 min segment would be nice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410May 9, 2018 1:21 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411May 9, 2018 1:31 AM

Maddow was just giggly flirting with former prosecutor Joyce Vance in the studio. Ending the segment with "The Earth moved!

by Anonymousreply 412May 9, 2018 1:32 AM

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

by Anonymousreply 413May 9, 2018 1:35 AM

Steve is very neurotic. He checks under his bed for monsters before going to sleep at night.

by Anonymousreply 414May 9, 2018 2:45 AM

While he might have a huge ego too, Avenatti is absolutely doing all of this tv/twitter stuff as a strategy. And it's working.

He has trolled Cheeto, et al into bringing out stuff when they should have remained quiet. He is leading and BLOTUS and his band of clowns are playing (poor) defense.

It's also helping him get info. Last night's financial scoop was a perfect example. Somebody leaked financial docs to him. And while I agree he is on tv too much, it's clearly helping him and he needs to keep doing it until it stops.

And, as has been said above, Lawrence is more than happy to oblige.

by Anonymousreply 415May 9, 2018 4:26 PM

He has to keep appearing on tv or else the Stormy case will be forgotten about in this ultra-fast moving news cycle. The case was given a 90 day stay so appearing on tv makes everyone forget that.

by Anonymousreply 416May 9, 2018 4:43 PM

When Stormy appeared in a skit on SNL & the Trump character asked her "what do you need to make this all go away?", she answered "a resignation".

At this point, maybe that's what she & her lawyer really do want -- never mind all their talk about Stormy being able to "tell her story" (with or without $130,000 on the side), maybe by now they see themselves in a David vs. Goliath battle to save the country, with Truth & Justice on their side! Which makes them an even more formidable enemy than they were before -- Trump & Giuliani are clearly outmatched.

by Anonymousreply 417May 9, 2018 5:02 PM

[quote]Hewitt, a resident of Orange County whose son James works in EPA’s press office, emailed Pruitt in September to set up a meeting between the administrator and the law firm Larson O’Brien, which employs Hewitt and represents the Orange County Water District.

I'm sure the sites and violations in question involve properties Hewitt's pals are interested in.

Please clean up this brownfield I want to buy. Please clean up this toxic sludge near my property, or near a terrible property I invested in. Thanks for employing my son! I'm your biggest supporter, btw. Your ethical violations mean nothing to me!

by Anonymousreply 418May 9, 2018 10:12 PM

You may not like CNN's editorial choice but they never pull any shit like the swamp scum Hewitt. Trading favorable coverage for personal favors

by Anonymousreply 419May 9, 2018 10:14 PM

I guess it's just a wish, but if somehow the Pruitt shitshow was to pull in that vile Hugh Hewitt creature as a favor-trader...

Oh how delicious that would be.

"Let me just mention some projects in Southern California that I have personal knowledge of, Mister Administrator..."

by Anonymousreply 420May 9, 2018 10:45 PM

Rachel, baby, is on fire concerning the corporate payments to Trump's lawyer, Michael Cohen, on right now. This is why she is No 1. I'm an Ari Melber fan, but I have to bow to her skills.

by Anonymousreply 421May 10, 2018 1:19 AM

And she was delightful chatting up our Mr. Avenatti!

by Anonymousreply 422May 10, 2018 1:44 AM

I now have to mute the Lawrence-Rachel handoff while they rim each other for five minutes. It's really gotten unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 423May 10, 2018 2:08 AM

Rachel Maddow had Avenatti on her show tonight & just described him to Lawrence O'Brien as "a sure-footed man". Pretty apt.

by Anonymousreply 424May 10, 2018 2:10 AM

John Heilemann on Nicole's show today. Are his glasses held together with Scotch tape?

by Anonymousreply 425May 11, 2018 8:14 PM

I noticed that, too, R425,

The Washington studio needs to change its weird desk set up. I rarely watch the shows broadcast from DC so I was struck by how unergonomic it is when Nicolle Wallace did her show there yesterday. She and the guests had to constantly turn their heads at awkward angles to maintain eye contact, and there's the lone guest who sits away from the others at the host's right. Matthew Miller and Steve Schmidt were in those spots yesterday and they didn't look too comfortable

by Anonymousreply 426May 11, 2018 11:50 PM

Hey, I'm in love with Ken Vogel! Have we talked about him much here?

Those dimples. Those ears!!

by Anonymousreply 427May 11, 2018 11:53 PM

r427, he looks like a Christmas elf.

by Anonymousreply 428May 12, 2018 2:03 AM

Would it kill Lawrence O'Donnell to work an occasional Friday?

by Anonymousreply 429May 12, 2018 2:12 AM

I like Jonathan Alter, of the Daily Beast.

by Anonymousreply 430May 12, 2018 2:13 AM

[quote] R415: While he might have a huge ego too, Avenatti is absolutely doing all of this tv/twitter stuff as a strategy. And it's working.

Avenatti Is the anti-Trump. He’s a master of media. He’s not crude, rude, or stupid, but he does indeed troll his adversary, as R415 wrote. He could have beat Trump in the last election, if the people wanted a confrontational person, for whatever reason.

by Anonymousreply 431May 12, 2018 2:19 AM

r429, I think he has it in his contract that he only works 4 days a week, except for election years where I've noticed as the election gets closer in the fall, he does tend to do more Friday night live shows.

by Anonymousreply 432May 12, 2018 2:24 AM

Rachel has been off the last two nights, I hope everything is ok.

by Anonymousreply 433May 12, 2018 2:25 AM

I like Lawrence's show (though not as much as Rachel's) but it's clear he's a real diva. From his not wanting to work Fridays to that leaked clip of "stop the hammering!" I bet he can be a real nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 434May 12, 2018 2:27 AM

R433, Sunday is Mother's Day -- maybe she's going home to Calif to spend time with her mom.

by Anonymousreply 435May 12, 2018 2:46 AM

I used to be a CNN junkie but for the last month I'm turning more and more to MSNBC. I think I prefer their anchors than most of CNN's. I first left Don Lemmon for Lawrence O when Donny became such a drama queen and it just grew from there. Chris Cuomo, who I used to love has become insufferable and I am now watching Morning Joe. It took me a while to get used to the dynamics of the show but now I do not miss it. And I just love Nicole at 4...the only one I'm not too crazy about is Ari with his obsession with rap and rappers (which I hate... the music not the rappers)

by Anonymousreply 436May 12, 2018 3:37 AM

Welcome, R436!

by Anonymousreply 437May 12, 2018 3:47 AM

what happened to rachel?

by Anonymousreply 438May 12, 2018 7:16 AM

I noticed last night that they had Ali Velshi (whom I like) filling in on Last Word at 10. So I guess the days of going to prison shows or reruns at 10 pm on Fridays may be over, even if Larwence doesn't have to work that shift.

And I'd like to recognize veteran broadcaster and current MSNBC Saturday and Sunday anchor Alex Witt, who does great work and always has surprising guests to interview. She stands out among lame weekend anchors on all of the cable nets.

by Anonymousreply 439May 12, 2018 4:39 PM

Steve Kornacki needs a stylist. His stand-up election routine at the big board showing him head to foot with that pale blue shirt and wrinkled khakis must go!

by Anonymousreply 440May 12, 2018 5:24 PM

Alex Witt looks like a blowsy star of MILF porn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441May 12, 2018 5:41 PM

Katy Tur's brother is now a DOCTOR, just graduated this week

by Anonymousreply 442May 12, 2018 6:34 PM

Is Doctor Tur Team Katy or Team Zoe?

by Anonymousreply 443May 12, 2018 8:04 PM

Soccer on Mother's Day morning, MSNBC? Who's bright idea was that? Lame!

by Anonymousreply 444May 13, 2018 3:45 PM

I love MSNBC and Joy, but I have to disagree with you, r444.

Showing all ten games live on the final day of Premier League Football on ten networks is one of the coolest things NBC/Universal does, on one Sunday in May every year. Often the results affect relegation and chances to play in European leagues next season, depending on live results in the table, as was the case today. Even Meet the Press got booted today on the main network.

by Anonymousreply 445May 13, 2018 5:38 PM

^^ I'm glad that's all this is. With all the bad press and bad rap Joy Reid has gotten, I was afraid the show was canceled. I was about to do a google search until I saw the posts on this thread. If anyone has different information, please let us know.

by Anonymousreply 446May 13, 2018 5:41 PM

I don"t get Steve K. He should have never gone further than the local news at 5...and he needs a stylist...he looks stuck in 1984

by Anonymousreply 447May 13, 2018 10:49 PM

I agree about Steve K.

I think the DL fascination with him is all about him being gay and yet not like any gay we've ever seen. With his looks, if he were straight we wouldn't notice him.

by Anonymousreply 448May 13, 2018 11:37 PM

Steve is smart and passionate and talented and hard-working. But because he doesn’t look like Thomas Roberts, gays want him to go away.

by Anonymousreply 449May 14, 2018 1:13 AM

Steve doesn't like Thomas Roberts? Says who? And why not?

by Anonymousreply 450May 14, 2018 1:27 AM

Where Rachel be?

by Anonymousreply 451May 15, 2018 1:37 AM

“I’m a father, too. I understand you.”

Barf. Enough with these Lester Holt ads.

by Anonymousreply 452May 15, 2018 1:57 AM

I think Joy is fine in certain formats like her own show where she has panelists. However, she's really not a good fit for Rachel's show which depends upon long stretches of exposition and lots of script reading. She's really pretty bad at it, constantly stumbling over unfamiliar clauses, and when not stumbling, she has the kind of robotic cadence someone has reading a long passage from a book aloud in class.

by Anonymousreply 453May 15, 2018 2:16 AM

I agree, R453.

I like AM Joy, but whenever Joy subs for Rachel I take the night off.

by Anonymousreply 454May 15, 2018 2:29 AM

Lawrence O'D will be taking a couple days off the end of the week. There's a rumor circulating that someone bald will be filling in for him, and it's NOT Ali Velshi.

by Anonymousreply 455May 15, 2018 7:45 AM

OOOPs. Sorry, meant that for the Theatre Gossip thread.

by Anonymousreply 456May 15, 2018 12:23 PM

Steve K has not learned yet that you do not have to fling your arms and hands around every time you speak. Someone should tell him to sit on his hands. I agree he of the K-mart pants and sweaters is not a good fit for MSNBC

by Anonymousreply 457May 15, 2018 12:49 PM

I was thinking I didn’t like Joy last night because I now see her as a liar, but perhaps r453 has a point.

by Anonymousreply 458May 15, 2018 1:45 PM

What is the deal with Richard Engel's hair? It's dark brown at the crown, and solid white-grey around the edges.

My sister just said he looks like Bucky from Fat Albert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459May 15, 2018 2:20 PM

[quote] Steve K has not learned yet that you do not have to fling your arms and hands around every time you speak.

He must have attended the same journalism school as Gio Benitez.

by Anonymousreply 460May 15, 2018 2:55 PM

Richard Engel has been living in and reporting from war torn zones all over the Middle East for the past several years. His bravery is commendable. I don't think he worries about his hair and neither should you, r459.

by Anonymousreply 461May 15, 2018 9:36 PM

Richard Engel and his wife are also raising a baby suffering from a rare and debilitating medical condition. The kid may not live for much longer.

But yes, he should prioritize his hairstyle to make sure it meets your standards.

by Anonymousreply 462May 15, 2018 9:48 PM

Joy Reid and Lawrence O' can't read.

by Anonymousreply 463May 15, 2018 10:18 PM

Y Kant Larry Read

by Anonymousreply 464May 15, 2018 10:33 PM

R462: Oh wow. I did not know about his son. That is so sad. I hope they find a medical breakthrough for the little guy.

by Anonymousreply 465May 15, 2018 10:42 PM

Chris Hayes just said The Daily Mail broke the Rob Porter “spouse abusal” story.

by Anonymousreply 466May 16, 2018 12:21 AM

RIchard Engel is braver than you know. All these dangerous countries he goes into and reports from, he's Jewish so that makes them doubly dangerous for him.

by Anonymousreply 467May 16, 2018 12:23 AM

I meant to say "all these dangerous arab countries that he goes into" but forgot the word arab, which does make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 468May 16, 2018 12:26 AM

Robert Costa is too thin

by Anonymousreply 469May 16, 2018 3:17 AM

^^there’s no such thing!

by Anonymousreply 470May 16, 2018 3:34 AM

No, Costa could stand to drop 10 more pounds for insurance.

Once a fatty, always a fatty. It'll be too easy for him to balloon again.

by Anonymousreply 471May 16, 2018 3:46 AM

They need to push the Douche Duo—Chuck the Toad and MC Ari M— early in the afternoon and bump Nicole’s show to 6 PM

by Anonymousreply 472May 16, 2018 9:40 PM

Agree R472. Nicolle's show is way more entertaining and I like how she is outraged and even laughs about how ridiculous things are now. Ari is too pedantic and lacks a sense of humor over the whole mess.

by Anonymousreply 473May 16, 2018 9:56 PM

get your damn hanbds off Ari and his time slot!

by Anonymousreply 474May 16, 2018 10:44 PM

Ari should host Yo MTV Raps instead of trying to turn a news show into The Breakfast Club

by Anonymousreply 475May 16, 2018 10:57 PM

damn, ari melber is only 38?!

by Anonymousreply 476May 16, 2018 11:01 PM

But his 5 o clock shadow makes him look 28!

by Anonymousreply 477May 16, 2018 11:03 PM

For the love of all things Holy, Ari, STOP QUOTING SONG LYRICS! He sounds like a fool every night with this idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 478May 16, 2018 11:22 PM

I'm not even sure which side Ari Melber falls on, he does so much of the lawyerish "I can see both sides of the issue" thing that I really wonder sometimes what he really thinks of Trump and Co.'s total corruption.

by Anonymousreply 479May 16, 2018 11:52 PM

When Steve K was on the Cycle in 2012, he was 33, cuter, and played well with others. He had a lot of adorkable idiosyncrasies. Now, he’s entering Eldergay status, and his years behind a desk have left him pudgy.

by Anonymousreply 480May 17, 2018 12:28 AM

How about you, R480? You’re aging in reverse? You’re tighter and cuter today than you were 6 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 481May 17, 2018 12:32 AM

I love R481.

by Anonymousreply 482May 17, 2018 12:37 AM

Re: R481

Sorry, Steve!

My point, lunkhead, is to address those upthread who are saying that they don’t understand why Steve has fans here, and that it’s only because he’s Gay, and so on. He has fans here because guys find him attractive, if not now, then as long as 6-8 years ago, when he started on MSNBC, and they continue to like him.

by Anonymousreply 483May 17, 2018 12:39 AM

I like Ari's measured approach. He's got a very analytical mind, and it's a pleasure to see it used in his questions and choice of excellent guests. And he's not afraid to confront grandstanding egotist provocateurs like Dershowitz.

by Anonymousreply 484May 17, 2018 4:32 AM

He and Vox's Liz Plank are definitely fucking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485May 17, 2018 4:41 AM

Yeah I noticed the flirting/awkwardness between Ari and Liz Plank.

She has to have third-degree burns on her inner thighs from his permanent stubble.

by Anonymousreply 486May 17, 2018 4:55 AM

Rachel looks better than ever.

by Anonymousreply 487May 17, 2018 6:11 AM

Rachel acted like she was riding a dildo behind the desk tonight. Just giddy.

by Anonymousreply 488May 17, 2018 6:46 AM

Steve was adorable last night with Brian Williams. When his segment ended, he made this cute gesture like he was so proud of himself. Such a big boy, daddy must be proud.

I also like his goofy clips with Katy Tur

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489May 17, 2018 7:05 AM

More adorkable Steve <3 How tall is Steve?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490May 17, 2018 7:09 AM

That's really a cute shot of the Road Warriors and Steve.

by Anonymousreply 491May 17, 2018 7:12 AM

OMG, Steve is really awkward in front of a camera, but I get the sense Eli Stokols sitting across made him feel nervous.

Eli is not such a frequent guest like he used to be : (

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492May 17, 2018 7:16 AM

I have a soft spot for this young gang in R489, to which I would add Garrett Haake, Jacob Soboroff and NewsTwink Vaughn Hillyard.

Super-smart, engaging and cute. NBC has done a good job of developing talent here.

by Anonymousreply 493May 17, 2018 7:16 AM

I call Liz Plank Diana Prince because she looks like at any moment she spin into Wonder Woman.

by Anonymousreply 494May 17, 2018 12:47 PM

Did anyone catch Hailee Jackson tell Stephanie that she and Kasie Hunt would be side-by-side on the couch watching the royal wedding? Was she joking? Are they really besties? If Kasie pinged any harder, it’d destroy all of gaydar.

by Anonymousreply 495May 17, 2018 2:24 PM

I don't know why I dislike Hallie Jackson, but I do. Mediocre in every way (brains, personality, looks, voice), which really doesn't work on TV -- I'd think she slept her way to the top except that I assume she must be boring in bed too (whichever sex she favors).

Nevertheless, I do give her credit for a great idea (at the link) about using baby food for healthy eating on a hectic travel schedule. I used to love fruit baby foods for pudding-like desserts while camping, & the high protein ones (chicken, turkey, beef) are good for sick dogs, cats, & rescued birds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496May 17, 2018 5:02 PM

I think it's clear that Ari is not a Trump administration fan. I like his mix of seriousness and sarcasm but agree he tries too hard to be "cool". He needs to use some laser resurfacing and microneedling on his skin though. That might help slow the aging process. If not he'll look 60 by the time he's 45. For whatever reason he's wrinkling up very quickly

by Anonymousreply 497May 17, 2018 5:11 PM

{quote]I don't know why I dislike Hallie Jackson, but I do.

Really? Why didn't you tell us about her? Besides your envy of a John Hopkin's success?

by Anonymousreply 498May 17, 2018 5:21 PM

R498, the school's name is Johns (with an S) Hopkins University. Hallie Jackson graduated from it with a BA degree in political science & was a member of Phi Beta Kappa -- If you want to know more about her, you can start with the Wikipedia article at the link. Good for her, but nothing to envy -- & I still think the most interesting thing about her is the baby food story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499May 17, 2018 5:52 PM

I like Katy Tur but her hand-offs are always so awkward.

by Anonymousreply 500May 17, 2018 6:03 PM

R495: I thought Kasie was les until she married a guy. She still pings big time though!

by Anonymousreply 501May 17, 2018 6:06 PM

Kasie is a bulldagger!

But yes, married to a dude.

by Anonymousreply 502May 17, 2018 6:07 PM

LOL R494. That is dead on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503May 17, 2018 6:11 PM

Over Ari, he really is a cutie.

by Anonymousreply 504May 17, 2018 6:13 PM

Some of them are straight up conservatives. But at least they are not Tapper or Cuomo. I can not stand those guys.

by Anonymousreply 505May 17, 2018 6:16 PM

Tapper and Cuomo aren't on MSNBC/

by Anonymousreply 506May 17, 2018 6:30 PM

Kaisie used to talk about her softball playing prowess and successes but she’s stopped doing that.

by Anonymousreply 507May 17, 2018 6:45 PM

I'm here for Ari dropping rap wisdom to underscore a point. There's not a lot of other intentional levity on cable news.

TheBeat w/Ari Melber @TheBeatWithAri

.@AriMelber notes on @SRuhle how it's "super trag" that the Trump team is "not taking the position" that he's innocent, but instead arguing that the people with the evidence don't have the power to charge him

by Anonymousreply 508May 17, 2018 7:46 PM

“Rap wisdom” like “mo money, mo problems “?

How old are you?

by Anonymousreply 509May 17, 2018 7:52 PM

Can you imagine the screaming and wailing from white people if Reverend Al quoted Kendrick or Kanye to underscore a point? He’d be yanked off the air before you could say “Word Up.”

by Anonymousreply 510May 17, 2018 7:54 PM

The evidence for R510's scenario happening is exactly zilch.

by Anonymousreply 511May 17, 2018 8:12 PM

NYT's Michael Schmidt just now on Nicole Wallace:

"They were at least collusion-curious."

by Anonymousreply 512May 17, 2018 8:14 PM

lol Stephanie and Ari starting from 7:40 in this clip

she took offense to his assumption that she didn't know about current slang

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513May 17, 2018 10:12 PM

Did Steph call Ari "sassy pants?" Haha

I hope some lucky guy is taking care of Ari's delicious cock.

by Anonymousreply 514May 17, 2018 10:21 PM

Jill Wine-Banks has been experimenting with a series of wigs this week. Last night she had on a blonde wig with pink highlights. Frankly, I thought it was unprofessional looking.

by Anonymousreply 515May 17, 2018 10:27 PM

Ari had a clip from THE GODFATHER today...ridiculous...what ? after the rap lyrics it is now movie clips ? that's it for me...back with WOLF B. from 6 to 7 on CNN

by Anonymousreply 516May 17, 2018 11:48 PM

Does Ari ever “spit rhymes” and “drop knowledge” made famous by female rappers? Does he quote Iggy Izalia or Azealia Banks or Nikki Minaj?

by Anonymousreply 517May 18, 2018 12:01 AM

Steph also said "you go gurl" to Velshi earlier this week ;-)

by Anonymousreply 518May 18, 2018 12:08 AM

The kvetching over Ari spicing things up with a few quotes and classic movie clips is ridic. Good riddance to those who want to be bored to death by Wolf.

by Anonymousreply 519May 18, 2018 2:34 AM

As long as Jill Wine-Banks isn't experimenting with merkins on-air, R515, I am A-OK with it.

We should all be such fashion plates at age 75.

by Anonymousreply 520May 18, 2018 2:39 AM

I know there are a ton of Jill W-B fans here, and I'm certainly one of them. Can you imagine the interesting stories she must have?

What fun it would be to make her acquaintance!

by Anonymousreply 521May 18, 2018 3:03 AM

R496, a grown adult eating baby food isn't a great idea, it's fucking weird.

by Anonymousreply 522May 18, 2018 3:08 AM

It's pureed vegetables in a squeeze pouch that can pass through airport security, R522. Kinda brilliant.

It's not like she's tucking into glass jars of Gerber's mashed bananas.

by Anonymousreply 523May 18, 2018 3:14 AM

Mika seems to always have an endless supply of flower scarves handy.

Also the above poster about Alex Witt was spot on. If she loses her show, I could definitely see her signing on with BRAZZERS or Mile High Media.

by Anonymousreply 524May 18, 2018 3:15 AM

Larry O'Donnell was extra slurry and slurpy tonight.

by Anonymousreply 525May 18, 2018 3:18 AM

R525: I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 526May 18, 2018 3:43 AM

Do you think JWB is gay?

by Anonymousreply 527May 18, 2018 3:45 AM

Jill loves dick. She's had two husbands, has been married most of her adult life.

by Anonymousreply 528May 18, 2018 4:10 AM

I'm sorry to have offended you with my fast typing and stray apostrophe, R499. You seem so enthralled by baby food that I can't help but wonder why you get so tripped up by normal adult mistakes that meaning escapes you.

by Anonymousreply 529May 18, 2018 9:52 AM

Nicolle Wallace is hosting Morning Joe, making it watchable.

by Anonymousreply 530May 18, 2018 11:07 AM

Ari delivers his hip hop and movie references with such a straight face and monotone delivery, they fall flat. IMHO

by Anonymousreply 531May 18, 2018 12:18 PM

R530: It is so much more bearable! Even the guests are happier. None of the uncomfortable/awkward Joe and Mika dynamic!

by Anonymousreply 532May 18, 2018 1:55 PM

R492, several months ago on his show, Brian W. congratulated Eli on his upcoming nuptials (DAMMIT!). I assume Eli's absence was wedding+honeymoon related.

by Anonymousreply 533May 18, 2018 1:56 PM

I wonder how long of a honeymoon Joe and Mika will take this summer. If guest hosts Nicolle and Willie, Nicolle and John H, and/or Katty Kay and either guy get great ratings in their absence, will Mika and Joe fly home early?

by Anonymousreply 534May 18, 2018 5:19 PM

I briefly caught Stephanie Ruhle this morning.. She's been dispatched to London for the wedding. She was wearing a purple fascinator! Or at least, she had feathers emerging from the back of her head. This was right before the shooting, so she didn't make another appearance.

by Anonymousreply 535May 18, 2018 5:38 PM

Miss Jill Wine-Banks, University of Illinois sorority gurl, 1964 (top of the ladder)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536May 18, 2018 5:42 PM

I would love a Willie/Nicole pairing in the am. I can't imagine Mika or Joe ever being as loose and comfortable as they are. Willie is also very good on the Sunday Today Show.

by Anonymousreply 537May 18, 2018 5:51 PM

I stopped watching MJ long ago. Can’t stand Mika. Rarely has anything to contribute. Joe is OK as long as he doesn’t get swept up in some GOP talking point.

by Anonymousreply 538May 18, 2018 5:54 PM

Leave it to the US, and Texas in particular, to take the world media attention away from a happy goofy thing like a royal wedding via another hideous school shooting.

Even the BBC has to cover this shit.

by Anonymousreply 539May 18, 2018 5:58 PM

Nicole and Willie have great chemistry. Watching them today was so much better than that hot mess of neuroses, Joe and Mika.

by Anonymousreply 540May 18, 2018 6:03 PM

I wonder what people’s Q rating is. How beloved are Mika and Joe? I know DL fave David Muir has a high Q score, but Rachel’s isn’t great. I can’t imagine Joe having a high one

by Anonymousreply 541May 18, 2018 6:32 PM

You’d have to pry Mika and Joe out of those seats.

Will they even make it down the aisle? Why even go through the expensive hassle of divorce? They should just continue fucking until the inevitable boredom and resentment sets in and then just move on, no strings attached. Straight people are so dumb.

by Anonymousreply 542May 18, 2018 8:44 PM

R542: Going by their interactions on the show, it seems boredom (Joe) and resentment (Mika) has already started to set in...

by Anonymousreply 543May 18, 2018 10:54 PM

Rachel hasn’t written a book yet. That’s odd, no?

by Anonymousreply 544May 19, 2018 1:17 AM

She has

by Anonymousreply 545May 19, 2018 1:26 AM

Indeed?

by Anonymousreply 546May 19, 2018 3:53 AM

Indupitably.

by Anonymousreply 547May 19, 2018 4:00 AM

She didn't like it so she disappeared it.

by Anonymousreply 548May 19, 2018 7:29 AM

Anybody see Avenatti on Lawrence O'D tonight? I don't think I've ever witnessed a greater bro crush than O'Donnell has on Avenatti.

by Anonymousreply 549May 19, 2018 7:39 AM

lol. Joy is hosting wedding coverage from NY. She' wearing a fascinator!

by Anonymousreply 550May 19, 2018 8:07 AM

R549, Lawrence is deeply in love. I like to observe how his face goes crimson and he starts to wiggle.

by Anonymousreply 551May 19, 2018 9:01 AM

Is it just me or does anyone else think Emily Jane Fox is overly defensive when talking about Cohen?

by Anonymousreply 552May 19, 2018 10:43 AM

Just turned msnbc on and am looking at Joy in a fascinator omg

by Anonymousreply 553May 19, 2018 2:14 PM

R459: LOL! I saw the bro star-eyes too! I thought it was just me. LO adores him :-)

by Anonymousreply 554May 19, 2018 2:39 PM

R553: Why? What did she say/do?

by Anonymousreply 555May 19, 2018 2:40 PM

R552 I don't think it was that so much. L O'D was just so aggressively prodding her for nasty dirt on Cohen, it's like he was manic. I kept expecting her to say something like, "I'm sorry Lawrence, but he's really not THAT awful!".

by Anonymousreply 556May 19, 2018 4:58 PM

Nope r552, I noticed it too.

by Anonymousreply 557May 19, 2018 5:01 PM

R556, it’s not just last night’s appearance, she’s acted in a similar way whenever I've seen her on Morning Joe and when she appeared on The Circus last week.

by Anonymousreply 558May 19, 2018 5:27 PM

Emily Jane Fox is Michael Cohen's favorite journalist. She's worked very hard over a year to get him to like her and to trust her and to therefore spill his secrets to her. Emily is going to hold on to that relationship as hard as she can. She knows that he has more to say and she ants to be the journalist he talks to.

She knows that Cohen watches her TV appearances. She isn't going to piss him off by unnecessarily trashing him on TV.

Wait until Cohen goes to jail or dies and then we'll hear what Emily really thinks about Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 559May 19, 2018 5:27 PM

R555, she had a royal wedding party and all the guests were similarly attired. Ostensibly she cared bc Meghan is black and the wedding featured a black reverend and choir and such

Still it was a shocking sight, Joy a monarchist lol

by Anonymousreply 560May 19, 2018 5:51 PM

I am an MSNBC addict; however, Stephanie Ruhle, Katy Tur and Joy_Ann Reid were horrible, dreadful as hosts of Harry's royal wedding. Terrible screaming, stupid, ignorant girls who had no idea what they were doing or saying. I had to switch to the gay men of CNN, Don Lemon and Anderson, who mostly know what they're doing. Stephenie Rhule looked like a clown. Tur didn't even wear a hat; she looked much too underdressed, and Joy just looked out of place. Stick to politics, girls. Let the gay men do what they do best.

by Anonymousreply 561May 19, 2018 7:26 PM

Still in shock at how the women of MSNBC behaved today. Ruhle and Tur were literally jumping up and down, giggling and clapping their hands, as the carriage passed by. And then Joy said, "It's the dream of EVERY little girl to be a princess!" Actually, Joy, NO. God, what a spectacle those idiots made of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 562May 19, 2018 7:56 PM

Oh who cares about the wedding

by Anonymousreply 563May 19, 2018 9:15 PM

The wedding looked boring. Glad it is over. Next, we will hear about all her pregnancies and royal children like boring Kate every year.

by Anonymousreply 564May 19, 2018 9:54 PM

I watch MSNBC a whole lot, but why anyone would have watched their coverage of the wedding this morning eludes me. There was much better coverage on a lot of other networks, including NBC itself, BBC America and PBS.

by Anonymousreply 565May 19, 2018 11:55 PM

Call me crazy but I found it fun and refreshing to see Joy, Katy and Steph talking about something happy for a change.

by Anonymousreply 566May 20, 2018 12:03 AM

Every other thread on DL today reads like daddy-daughter day at a PR firm.

by Anonymousreply 567May 20, 2018 12:08 AM

[quote] R559: Wait until Cohen goes to jail or dies and then we'll hear what Emily really thinks about Cohen.

That’s what I’m saying about the books that will come out afterward. Esp. about Trump. Can you imagine?

by Anonymousreply 568May 20, 2018 12:16 AM

I love Jake Sherman. He’s got great skin.

by Anonymousreply 569May 21, 2018 12:33 AM

R549, is this it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570May 21, 2018 2:36 AM

He wants freaky love? Wha???

by Anonymousreply 571May 21, 2018 2:44 AM

^^^^^sorry wrong thread :)

by Anonymousreply 572May 21, 2018 2:45 AM

Some of your faves discuss their glow ups

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573May 21, 2018 2:25 PM

Can someone get a clip of what happened just now at the end of the 11 am hour, when Stephanie Ruhle handed off to Andrea Mitchell, but the feed stayed on Ruhle for a couple of seconds? It looked like SR stared screaming at someone off to her right

by Anonymousreply 574May 21, 2018 4:04 PM

Rachel gave a tough opener today on how the DOJ keeps submitting to Trump. It was nice to see instead of the "both sides" bs. It's not normal that Trump and the repubs in the House keep getting access to normally classified stuff especially since it's an investigation on Trump campaign

by Anonymousreply 575May 22, 2018 4:14 AM

Cutie-pie Ned Price was on The Last Word last night. Bet he's hung like a Mississippi mule.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576May 24, 2018 5:50 PM

Former MSNBC anchor and NBC reporter Ronan Farrow, who now reports and writes for the New Yorker, and has a book out now about diplomacy and the decline of US influence, was on Fresh Air on NPR this week.

He answered most of Terri's questions about his Pulitzer-winning reporting on Harvey W. But when it came to specifics about threats to Ronan from HW or agents, and also regarding specifics of his leaving NBC, he was coy, mentioning ongoing litigation and hinting about the next book he will publish.

I think he's tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 577May 24, 2018 6:11 PM

R573, Jill Wine-Banks needs to get breast implants if she wants to compete with these younger pundits.

by Anonymousreply 578May 24, 2018 6:13 PM

Heidi Przbla (sp) has tig ol bitties.

by Anonymousreply 579May 24, 2018 8:23 PM

What happened to Ali Velshi? Early last week Stephanie Ruhle mentioned that he was away on assignment. He's still gone.

by Anonymousreply 580May 25, 2018 7:42 PM

Have we talked about elfin Canadian Daniel Dale (Washington correspondent for the Toronto Star)?

by Anonymousreply 581May 25, 2018 7:53 PM

Daniel Dale is actually, shockingly, straight.

He has the Matthew Miller Syndrome - queeny straight dude.

by Anonymousreply 582May 25, 2018 8:02 PM

Nicole is wearing some blousy top in orange. That's not her color.

by Anonymousreply 583May 25, 2018 8:10 PM

I don't like this 350 camera zooming around the table on her show.

by Anonymousreply 584May 25, 2018 8:38 PM

Sorry, 360.

by Anonymousreply 585May 25, 2018 8:39 PM

My nemesis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586May 25, 2018 9:19 PM

I kinda like the 360 zooms on Nicole’s show. It’s like watching a John Woo movie where the good guys are letting Metropolis know that the plan to defeat Evil is afoot and apace.

by Anonymousreply 587May 25, 2018 9:25 PM

All afternoon msnbc people discussed the newly revealed Cohen meeting in news-speak. At 6 pm, Ari stares at the camera and states in his best Fox News immitation, "Cohen BUSTED!"

Word choice matters, people! The deplorable side uses all the propaganda tricks and is very good at dirty labeling. The so-called liberal media should take a page out of their book. No more neutral language and hem-hawing. Bombast and sensationalism does work.

by Anonymousreply 588May 25, 2018 10:08 PM

I’d start a new thread but I don’t need the abuse.

by Anonymousreply 589May 25, 2018 10:14 PM

here new thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590May 25, 2018 10:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!