Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Missing CDC employee found dead in Chattahoochee River

The old thread has been closed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193June 6, 2018 2:54 AM

Very curious.

by Anonymousreply 1April 5, 2018 5:16 PM

Were all the fish dead in the river?

I mean, deader than usual?

by Anonymousreply 2April 5, 2018 5:16 PM

I assume this is on his iPod.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 5, 2018 5:19 PM

Tuesday evening? It’s Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 4April 5, 2018 5:19 PM

Well we knew this would be the case on the other thread. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2018 5:36 PM

No more details? Was foul play suspected?

by Anonymousreply 6April 5, 2018 5:42 PM

I thought he was abducted by aliens.

by Anonymousreply 7April 5, 2018 5:48 PM

Is that near Choctaw Ridge?

by Anonymousreply 8April 5, 2018 5:55 PM

Wonder what happened. Sad to see a black guy who "beat the odds" and achieved so much academically dead.

by Anonymousreply 9April 5, 2018 6:13 PM

CDC put a hit out just like they did on Dr Bradstreet. Also found in a river, but with a shotgun shot to the chest. Modern epidemiology is a racket and he was probably about to whistleblow.

by Anonymousreply 10April 5, 2018 6:14 PM

They're downplaying his flu vaccine whistle blowing. It's odd they're saying there are no signs of foul play. Was he distraught over the promotion?

by Anonymousreply 11April 5, 2018 6:30 PM

sad. RIP.

He should have left a note.

by Anonymousreply 12April 5, 2018 7:54 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 5, 2018 7:55 PM

[quote]He should have left a note.

He did, they just reported on it.

It said that he and a colleague at work had had a heated debate about how deep the Chattahoochee River was and he had stormed off in a huff to get an answer to the question.

by Anonymousreply 14April 5, 2018 7:56 PM

cnn is reporting no signs of foul play.

remember that spy who gave us the trump pee pee dossier? he also told us that some guy was murdered in a hotel room or somewhere but the usa reported it as an accident or something else, like he died in a normal manner.

by Anonymousreply 15April 5, 2018 7:56 PM

The preliminary cause of death is drowning, Fulton County Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Jan Gorniak told reporters. The manner of death has not been determined, she said.

Authorities made a positive ID of the remains by using dental records, Gorniak said.

by Anonymousreply 16April 5, 2018 7:57 PM

Maj. Michael O'Connor of the Atlanta Police Department stressed that "things are fluid and things can change," but as of Thursday afternoon, there were no indications of foul play.

Cunningham's home is not far from the river, O'Connor said. Cunningham was also known to be a jogger, and was wearing his "favorite jogging shoes" when he was found.

According to O'Connor, Cunningham was also an avid collector of "crystals," and three were found in his pocket. Ultimately, officials could not answer questions regarding the circumstances. "We may never be able to tell you how he got into the river," O'Connor said.

by Anonymousreply 17April 5, 2018 7:58 PM

Sgt. Cortez Stafford, a spokesman for the Atlanta Fire Department, said the department had searched the area of the river where the body was found on February 23. At that time, Stafford said, there was no sign of a body.

But that wasn't the case on Tuesday, when two fishermen called 911 to report a body. "It was very difficult terrain, very difficult to access the location of where Mr. Cunningham was found," Stafford said. "It was in a remote area that's not easily accessible by walking trails, by vehicle or by people just being around there." Stafford couldn't say whether the body had been in the area when it was canvassed on February 23. It could have been there or it could have moved there later, he said. "There's just no way to tell due to the rise and fall of the river," Stafford said.

Assuming no new information is brought to investigators, O'Connor said, the case will likely be closed "fairly soon."

by Anonymousreply 18April 5, 2018 8:00 PM

r15 Our government has been doing it a long time. They threw me out of a window in 1953.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 5, 2018 8:03 PM

Was there a smiley face left at the scene?

by Anonymousreply 20April 5, 2018 8:05 PM

Did a chimp sneeze on him?

by Anonymousreply 21April 5, 2018 8:21 PM

I am not usually one for conspiracy theories, but they have got to be kidding if they SERIOUSLY want us to believe there was no foul play involved. Utter bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 22April 5, 2018 9:32 PM

Whatever they tell us is a lie.

by Anonymousreply 23April 5, 2018 10:09 PM

NY DAILY news said his body was stuck in mud in the river

by Anonymousreply 24April 5, 2018 10:34 PM

He was found in his jogging clothes. Why would he leave his beloved dog unattended?

by Anonymousreply 25April 5, 2018 10:41 PM

Torrential rains throughout the Midwest and south may have forced the body from its resting place.

by Anonymousreply 26April 5, 2018 10:46 PM

he went for a job and fell in and drowned? I don't know...

does he have a routine? go jogging every day?

he carried crystals in his pocket!

by Anonymousreply 27April 5, 2018 10:47 PM

I would think that since the body was found in a river, that would be a red flag. But I’m no forensic expert.

by Anonymousreply 28April 5, 2018 11:10 PM

Cuba Gooding jr will be playing the role.

by Anonymousreply 29April 5, 2018 11:11 PM

Where was Wayne Williams 7 weeks ago?

by Anonymousreply 30April 5, 2018 11:14 PM

Sad, I was hoping he was still alive

by Anonymousreply 31April 5, 2018 11:20 PM

The day young Timothy Cunningham fell off the Chattahoochee Bridge

by Anonymousreply 32April 5, 2018 11:28 PM

Playwiz and Mockingbirdgirl are just so full of themselves..Is the area known for gay conoodling?

by Anonymousreply 33April 5, 2018 11:32 PM

So he left work saying he didn’t feel good and then went home and went jogging and had a heart attack and fell in the river. Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 34April 5, 2018 11:41 PM

Nothing to see here. Keep it moving, folks.

by Anonymousreply 35April 5, 2018 11:47 PM

[quote]Sad to see a black guy who "beat the odds"

What a racist piece of shit you are. If anyone works hard enough, they will eventually succeed. I know a lot of blacks and Latinos and other minorities that all have excellent jobs and careers and lives. They did it by working, putting in effort and when they failed they learned from THEIR mistakes instead of crying how it was someone else's fault.

Those who think it's some kind of conspiracy are in the prisons, ghettos and rehab centers.

by Anonymousreply 36April 6, 2018 12:31 AM

R36, there are plenty of people who work hard at low paying jobs, and discrimination still exists....stop being a freeper and claiming that all poor people don't work hard. You whine about personal responsibility but blame your failures on gays and minorities.

by Anonymousreply 37April 6, 2018 1:16 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 6, 2018 1:43 AM

AP Report

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 6, 2018 1:47 AM

he doesns't know how to swim?

by Anonymousreply 40April 6, 2018 1:49 AM

Most of his people don’t.

by Anonymousreply 41April 6, 2018 2:09 AM

Is there a tall bridge over this river that he could have jumped from?

by Anonymousreply 42April 6, 2018 2:20 AM

Viola Davis as the conflicted CDC spokes person.

Will she toe the line or will she find justice on her own terms?

by Anonymousreply 43April 6, 2018 2:21 AM

I have to side with the conspiracy theorists. This doesn’t add up.

by Anonymousreply 44April 6, 2018 2:32 AM

Will Miss Phaedra Parks represent his family?

by Anonymousreply 45April 6, 2018 2:34 AM

After r28 pic

He is Gay!

by Anonymousreply 46April 6, 2018 2:47 AM

A missing person is found dead in a river and the police say there's no sign of foul play. A dead body in the river is a pretty big sign of foul play, when coupled with no evidence of accident or suicide, the wallet left at home, no arrangement made for the dog at home that he loved. This is a sign that the police are intending not to investigate the crime.

by Anonymousreply 47April 6, 2018 2:58 AM

r47 But wait, are they trying to say he fell in and drowned, and not that he killed himself? Because if he fell in accidentally that would explain his not taking his wallet, etc. Like Chandra Levy.

by Anonymousreply 48April 6, 2018 3:00 AM

First Billie Joe McCallister and now him. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 49April 6, 2018 3:01 AM

Well, Timothy Joe never had a lick of sense; pass the biscuits, please.

by Anonymousreply 50April 6, 2018 3:03 AM

[quote] Cunningham was also an avid collector of "crystals," and three were found in his pocket.

WTF?!

by Anonymousreply 51April 6, 2018 3:17 AM

What's so odd about that? Some people are into crystals, it's not so bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 52April 6, 2018 3:19 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 6, 2018 4:43 AM

I feel sad for his parents. Waiting all this time. And now still no real answer. Didn't his father say his son had said something concerning the night before or was upset or something. I don't quite remember the details.

by Anonymousreply 54April 6, 2018 4:50 AM

Ok so crystals may be a sign you’re loopy, but they don’t have to be a sign you’re loopy.

by Anonymousreply 55April 6, 2018 4:54 AM

There is no place on the Chattahoochee which is "very difficult" of access. RIdiculous.

by Anonymousreply 56April 6, 2018 4:59 AM

[quote]Modern epidemiology is a racket and he was probably about to whistleblow.

Can you expand on this, R10?

by Anonymousreply 57April 6, 2018 5:11 AM

r56 Wanna develop that idea?

by Anonymousreply 58April 6, 2018 5:12 AM

r56, the Chattahoochee runs almost the entirety of the length of Georgia and the Florida Panhandle from North to South--a full 431 miles. I find it HIGHLY unlikely you are familiar with its entirety.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 6, 2018 5:23 AM

there is no way someone who left work early coz he was feeling unwell would go jogging!

I guess they are suggesting he took his own life by drowning in the river?

Also, they said this area was searched and nothing was found.

by Anonymousreply 60April 6, 2018 5:29 AM

The circumstances surrounding his death are highly suggestive of foul play. Are the police seriously not going to investigate any further?

by Anonymousreply 61April 6, 2018 5:32 AM

He three Krystals in his pocket. It may be the cause of death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 6, 2018 5:36 AM

R30, you took my post !

by Anonymousreply 63April 6, 2018 5:39 AM

Karen Silkwood

by Anonymousreply 64April 6, 2018 5:41 AM

His parents probably provided information to the police that they are keeping private.

by Anonymousreply 65April 6, 2018 6:22 AM

Isn't being found dead in a river an actual sign of foul play?

This is not a common occurrence a bunch of dead bodies found in the river. A CDC employee would not go to a river, if they are sick. They would go to a hospital. CDC and EMORY are right there.

by Anonymousreply 66April 6, 2018 6:24 AM

The dog part wouldn't seem to work with suicide, unless the guy knew that someone was scheduled to come walk the dog, etc.

And I do think it's especially sad when this happens to a successful poc in this country. Because the deck IS stacked against them.

by Anonymousreply 67April 6, 2018 6:33 AM

I am heading up to Choctaw Ridge while I wait on the police to finish up their investigation. Sounds like it won’t take long as he just “drowned” while swimming in a river in the middle of winter.

by Anonymousreply 68April 6, 2018 6:49 AM

Reminds me of this one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 6, 2018 6:56 AM

Well judges aren't known for winning friends and influencing people . What the hell was she doing alone and near the river past midnight?

by Anonymousreply 70April 6, 2018 7:04 AM

Accidents happen, for Pete’s sakes . Why does everything have to be some sort of conspiracy?

by Anonymousreply 71April 6, 2018 8:25 AM

it was no accident, even stevie wonder can see that

by Anonymousreply 72April 6, 2018 8:35 AM

Smiley Face Killers strike again.

by Anonymousreply 73April 6, 2018 8:51 AM

Well Karma operates in strange ways.

This person sold his souls to Satan by going on satan's NWO payroll and well, these things happen to people who see, hear, or say things they oughn't!

by Anonymousreply 74April 6, 2018 8:53 AM

Posters are making a big deal of him leaving work because he said he wasn't feeling well. How many of you have done the same or called out sick for a day or so when you just didn't want to work?

by Anonymousreply 75April 6, 2018 9:05 AM

When I am sick, I do not go to a river with rapids and go swimming.

by Anonymousreply 76April 6, 2018 9:08 AM

R75, doesn't everybody?

by Anonymousreply 77April 6, 2018 9:58 AM

Cuba, here for my audition.

by Anonymousreply 78April 6, 2018 10:22 AM

R69, thanks for the link. I thought that story was weird from the beginning.

Regarding the poster who brings up “conspiracy theories”, ever considered that police incompetence could have played a role?

The “suicides” of the scientist and the judge don’t make sense.

by Anonymousreply 79April 6, 2018 10:51 AM

He died peacefully in his kayak. no foul play.

by Anonymousreply 80April 6, 2018 11:06 AM

His parents would have a shitting hissy fit in the media if they felt this was a conspiracy. His parents know the reasons and they are keeping it private.

by Anonymousreply 81April 6, 2018 11:10 AM

If something nefarious did happen, his parents will have been threatened and/or paid off. In the beginning, denial is a powerful tool, mourning takes over logical thought processes. Most people's last thought would be that a large conspiracy happened when a loved one dies. Especially if he was even slightly troubled. I think they're adding the "he had crystals" tidbit to make him look unbalanced to the public, and perhaps his family/friends if they didn't know about his hobby, even though it's a fairly common thing.

by Anonymousreply 82April 6, 2018 2:55 PM

Wait!

Are these Linda Evans crystals or are these "I like rocks because I'm a scientist doctor dork" crystals?

There's a difference an its impotent!

by Anonymousreply 83April 6, 2018 3:07 PM

they are probably just describing what he had on his body? no keys no nothing but crystals?

by Anonymousreply 84April 6, 2018 4:00 PM

Crystals in his pocket? Have the police inspected the area to see if a twenty story tall Fortress of Solitude has recently appeared in the area?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 6, 2018 4:20 PM

I don't believe for one minute that he willingly went into that river. He would have left a note and where he was found was not easily accessible. Which I'm thinking means you don't get into that part of the river by land, that you probably can only get in by boat from another part of the river.

Add in his behavior in his last day or two and I feel in my heart that the government murdered him.

I don't know why but I got tears in my eyes when I just saw this, that he is dead. I always thought that's how it would turn out but I was really hoping he was alive. He looks like he was a really good guy and he loved his little dog so much. RIP

by Anonymousreply 86April 6, 2018 4:38 PM

Curiosity killed the cat.

by Anonymousreply 87April 6, 2018 4:40 PM

You have to admit that this “investigation” is strange. Even the most non-cynical person can see this is not routine.

People talk about Louisiana corruption but Georgia gives them a serious run for their money.

I once spent all night googling GA corruption, going way back, involving judges, DAs, governors and sheriffs.

Quite the history.

by Anonymousreply 88April 6, 2018 4:43 PM

The fact that he had become a "whistle-blower" on this season's flu vaccine shortly before his death is another curious entity.

by Anonymousreply 89April 6, 2018 4:49 PM

"Everybody knows blacks can't swim!"

- Ari Emanuel, on why Wesley Snipes shouldn't be cast in a Navy Seals movie

by Anonymousreply 90April 6, 2018 4:56 PM

Horrible flashbacks on the Atlanta Child Murders where stiff bodies would be shown on the news floating down that river every couple of days. (I never put a toe in that river again after that, not even the raft race. It all felt tainted... and haunted).

by Anonymousreply 91April 6, 2018 5:02 PM

Isn’t it strange to make sweeping conclusions within hours of body discovery?

by Anonymousreply 92April 6, 2018 5:40 PM

Agencies like the CDC are powerful sectors of government , the local LE will follow their instructions. And yes it makes it all even fishier.

by Anonymousreply 93April 6, 2018 8:19 PM

Okay I did NOT know he was Black until I read r67.

Now I'm angry. I can't help it.

Jesus take the wheel, I want to hurt someone.

by Anonymousreply 94April 6, 2018 10:27 PM

Anybody know what it was he found out about the flu virus that was shady?

by Anonymousreply 95April 6, 2018 10:33 PM

I guess if any of us knew, we would be dead too. r95

by Anonymousreply 96April 6, 2018 10:44 PM

You guys are idiots.

by Anonymousreply 97April 6, 2018 10:54 PM

I might be confusing this with some other event I read about here on DL, but didn’t the mother say that just before he went missing he warned her that if anything should happen to him, count on it being work-related and foul play?

by Anonymousreply 98April 6, 2018 11:01 PM

He worked w Zika. Right after he disappeared a vaccine was approved.

(The controversy being that no actual link between Zika and microcephaly has been found, to this day - but the CDC was given billions of dollars in research cash, leading to the development of the unnecessary vaccine. Other countries have also done research but haven't gone forward w development)

by Anonymousreply 99April 6, 2018 11:05 PM

Jesus r94 that's nice you didn't care till you learned he was black and you didn't learn he was black until 67 replies in, did the OP picture not tip you off?

by Anonymousreply 100April 6, 2018 11:10 PM

[quote] Posters are making a big deal of him leaving work because he said he wasn't feeling well. How many of you have done the same or called out sick for a day or so when you just didn't want to work?

Why would anyone call in sick or leave early pretending to be sick so he can go jogging outside where he can be seen NOT BEING SICK by others and his employer might be made aware of the fact that he wasn't sick after all?

by Anonymousreply 101April 6, 2018 11:26 PM

also, is there a path for joggers near the river?

by Anonymousreply 102April 7, 2018 12:42 AM

Of course I cared that's why I clicked on the thread and read right up to r67 to your post giving me shit and those that have come after.

by Anonymousreply 103April 7, 2018 12:47 AM

I thought the controversy was incompetence at the top of the CDC that affected the timing, effectiveness and distribution of this year's flu vaccine, meaning that their incompetence caused people's deaths. I can't find the link. (Snopes debunked the claim that this year's vaccine caused the flu, but that's not what I'm looking for. )

by Anonymousreply 104April 7, 2018 12:48 AM

One article I read earlier this week said he collected gemstones without specifying what sort. That's a pretty broad description. I've since read speculation that he would walk the riverbank looking for stones since it passes only about half a mile from his residence.

Meanwhile, a lot of people commented that the river is so polluted in that area nobody would ever go in that water deliberately, even to commit suicide. because the water literally stinks. But maybe he fell in accidentally.

I agree there's so much we don't know that there's no solution for us to have.

by Anonymousreply 105April 7, 2018 12:57 AM

R101, he had been stricken with Jogging Sickness.

by Anonymousreply 106April 7, 2018 12:59 AM

there is no way he goes out without his phone

by Anonymousreply 107April 7, 2018 1:22 AM

I know the Chattahoochee in Atlanta well enough, as do other dataloungers who have participated, drunk, in that rafting event.

by Anonymousreply 108April 7, 2018 2:03 AM

The Hotlanta River Expo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109April 7, 2018 2:08 AM

he did not kill himself.

I was thinking that maybe he didn't feel well emotionally because he hadn't been promoted and would have maybe gone on a run to make himself feel better. maybe. Also if he did go on a run it doesn't mean that it was just an accident. Someone may have been waiting for him or came across him.

by Anonymousreply 110April 7, 2018 2:10 AM

Wasn't the desired promotion from like last May or something?

Or was there another recent promotion he didn't get, that he hadn't told his parents about?

by Anonymousreply 111April 7, 2018 4:48 AM

[quote] Why would anyone call in sick or leave early pretending to be sick so he can go jogging outside where he can be seen NOT BEING SICK by others and his employer might be made aware of the fact that he wasn't sick after all?

My dumbass neighbour will call in sick to work, but get bored and stir-crazy after a few hours and so he'll go out shopping or visiting friends.

He refuses to understand that most employers tend to frown on that sort of behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 112April 7, 2018 4:50 AM

Another article I read said that he did get a promotion recently due to his rank and seniority, one that would have occurred naturally in the course of his service career. But there was a separate promotion based on talent/ability that he wanted and lost. Sorry, I have no links.

by Anonymousreply 113April 7, 2018 5:04 AM

He looks so happy in his pic at OP.

Republicans are generally sadistic people so who knows what happened given that they are now in charge of CDC.

I hope we don’t all die from some epidemic because of republican incompetence and/or their inherent malice.

by Anonymousreply 114April 7, 2018 5:08 AM

R10 nails it. This man's death seems to look like an accident that really wasn't. The CDC has a lot of money-making to protect.

by Anonymousreply 115April 7, 2018 6:25 AM

CDC is a scientific agency.

by Anonymousreply 116April 7, 2018 6:35 AM

CDC is a FEDERAL agency. And also, like most other federal agencies in modern times, has a HUGE revolving door(It is run by former Pharma heads. Just like the Fed is ran by ex-Goldman sachs people et al. There is only a very thin veneer of science/logic in any of these circles. It's about lobbying for the most influence and gaining research funds. CDC put their hand out and was givens billions immediately for Zika vaccine research, before the correlation between microcephaly was established(it still hasn't been).

Other countries did the same research but came to the conclusion that a vaccine wasn't necessary and was actually a bad idea - for roughly the same reason similar vaccines haven't been introduced as a global standard for dengue, malaria, etc. The difference in the US is profits uber alles, including common sense AND public health(which is ostensibly the reason the CDC exists at all).

by Anonymousreply 117April 7, 2018 2:41 PM

My step sister works abroad for the CDC and shes flying to Atlanta this week for a meeting. I wonder if the death of this man will be discussed. I'll ask her but she will probably call me a conspiracy cunt and tell me she's worried about me. Condescending bitch.

I don't wear any tin foil hats but This was a cover up for sure. Too many things do not add up.

by Anonymousreply 118April 7, 2018 9:11 PM

Maybe he was just pissed when he learned who actually got the promotion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119April 7, 2018 9:30 PM

R118, yes please ask your sister. and report back to us. we are very interested. poor fella. so young.

by Anonymousreply 120April 7, 2018 10:43 PM

R120 I'll def ask my sister but I seriously doubt that if she knows that if the CDC were in fact involved in his death that she would ever admit that to me or anybody else.

by Anonymousreply 121April 7, 2018 10:46 PM

Have her seek out gossiping queens.

by Anonymousreply 122April 7, 2018 11:21 PM

well perhaps you can ask about the promotion he was supposedly passed over and was he well liked etc, that sort of thing...or if people were very upset he disappeared, esp after news broke. the whole vibe of the place etc.

by Anonymousreply 123April 7, 2018 11:34 PM

I've been following this story closely and this one is extra sad and it burns me up. He was not some drug dealer or criminal with enemies. His death is extremely suspicious, and the reports following his disappearance have been scant and not making sense. Im sure they did this knowing his death wouldn't garner a lot of attention because of his demographics: black, single and likely gay. The media totally ignored it.

I feel so sad for his parents and his sister. They seem like pleasant, non confrontational people who don't want trouble. I hope they don't settle for whatever this crooked investigation yields. They deserve to know what really happened to him. I hope this case raises a red flag for some high profile attorney.

by Anonymousreply 124April 8, 2018 1:17 AM

Did he go to the river to hook up? I'd leave everything at home and not bring my dog if this were the case.

by Anonymousreply 125April 8, 2018 1:38 AM

CDC is the best thing about Atlanta. It is a public health and medical epidemiological (scientific) agency. Btw, it is National public health week.

by Anonymousreply 126April 8, 2018 1:52 AM

Just a couple of thoughts: Yes, it is extremely suspicious and unlikely; however, if TPTB wanted to make it look like a suicide or an unfortunate accident, I believe they could and would have done a far better job. His not having his phone on his person is the most obvious red flag to me. Those carrying out his murder could have stuck his phone in his pocket to make everything seem more normal. I believe that the poster up thread who said that his parents/family would be raising hell if they did not know more is absolutely correct. They have been told what is likely the truth, and probably believe that is believable.

Sadly, while I absolutely did not think this until Thursday, I think he was meeting up with someone. That completely explains the absence of his dog and even the missing phone. It also explains why his folks would remain mum. While I don't know this to be true, I imagine his autopsy could have shown some indication of a sexual encounter.

I know that the black community in ATL, which of all places wields a tremendous amount of power, think that something dastardly must have occurred. The speculation on urban sites alone runs the gamut from very believable conspiracies to James Bond level stuff.

Does anyone else think that this was a pretty sloppy way for a CIA/spook level assassin to do in someone who was a risk to the accumulation of "billions of dollars?" I mean, if they wanted him gone, they could have easily made it so his body would never be found. And if they wanted his body to be found, they could have given him an untraceable drug which would have mimicked a stroke or cardiac event.

by Anonymousreply 127April 8, 2018 2:11 AM

No 127 I think at this point the IC isn't too worried about what we think. There's nothing we can do to stop what is going on. Our police forces are mostly corrupt. Our politicians are bought. The plutocrats don't care. They aren't afraid of gossip.

by Anonymousreply 128April 8, 2018 3:14 AM

Why did the last thread get shut down?

by Anonymousreply 129April 8, 2018 3:20 AM

Since when is a dead body floating in a river not a sign of foul play?

by Anonymousreply 130April 8, 2018 4:02 AM

Since the CDC and the feds are paying off these investigators.

by Anonymousreply 131April 8, 2018 4:13 AM

[quote] CDC is the best thing about Atlanta.

That's setting the bar low.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132April 8, 2018 4:49 AM

Nawwww, Atlanta is great in many ways.

by Anonymousreply 133April 8, 2018 4:55 AM

Such as?

by Anonymousreply 134April 8, 2018 5:07 AM

Was he gay?

by Anonymousreply 135April 8, 2018 6:35 AM

There are scant jogging path X along the Chattahoochee. The area around Palsades has hiking paths, but not jogging. Was he actually even a runner. Looks chunky to me.

CN someone be a deer and round up his home address? NW Atlanta is familiar to me.

by Anonymousreply 136April 8, 2018 6:49 AM

Really r134? Really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 8, 2018 6:53 AM

Any updates?

by Anonymousreply 138April 18, 2018 12:02 AM

Nope, he's still dead.

by Anonymousreply 139April 18, 2018 12:05 AM

Call Al Sharpton. He'll sort this out.

by Anonymousreply 140April 18, 2018 12:19 AM

Was he murdered? Or did he drown accidentally? Or die from exposure?

by Anonymousreply 141April 20, 2018 9:26 PM

[quote] Was he murdered? Or did he drown accidentally? Or die from exposure?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142April 20, 2018 9:30 PM

A body found in the Chattahoochee River has been identified as missing CDC scientist, Dr. Timothy Cunningham. 1 The doctor had been missing in Georgia since February 12th. According to authorities, he left work early that day saying he wasn’t feeling well, and wasn’t seen again.

All of his belongings, including his car and beloved dog, Bo, were found at his residence. Cunningham was working as an epidemiologist in the CDC’s chronic disease unit.

Sadly, he is the 86th doctor found dead in our holistic doctor death series. I recently signed a contract with a Hollywood production company to have my story made into a film so that we can continue to get the word out to the people. I asked for no money, I just want the public to finally know about these deaths, many of whom were our friends and colleagues.

While the Atlanta PD unit said Cunningham was denied a promotion, the CDC disputes this, and says that he was given yet another promotion, even making the unusual move to release a denial of the Atlanta PD’s statement. Basically, the CDC said the Atlanta PD are liars, and vice versa. None of that was cleared up at the news conference today.

The pharma controlled media gave pathetic soft ball questions, and some even appeared to lead the experts to say that while the area was thoroughly searched before, maybe they missed him. It was the worst excuse for journalism I’ve ever seen.

Cunningham reportedly told a neighbor, before he disappeared, to please erase his number from their phone. His parents stated they received a “disturbing” text from him 24 hours before his disappearance (something they reported to the police). There were rumors he said the flu shot wasn’t effective, even though he administered it to his patients. Problem is, as a ScD, (Doctorate in Science) Cunningham wouldn’t have been giving flu shots. His parents stated on CNN he never said that about the flu shot. These behaviors described seem out of character for the doctor.

There are more questions than answers with this case. Just like so many before him.

While Cunningham’s home wasn’t far from the river and he was known to be a jogger (he was wearing his favorite jogging shoes when they found his body) he had gone home sick, and with all the discrepancies, I’d cut off my foot if he was “jogging” while sick, and just fell in the river. According to Maj. Michael O’Connor of the Atlanta Police Department, “We may never be able to tell you how he got into the river.”2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 24, 2018 10:41 PM

[quote] keep this story alive

Which is more then can be done for the guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144April 24, 2018 10:48 PM

EEK

by Anonymousreply 145April 25, 2018 1:26 AM

Based on what I read about this guy, it sounds like he killed himself. He told his neighbors to delete his mobile phone numbers before he went missing. Rest in peace.

by Anonymousreply 146April 28, 2018 12:02 AM

R146, agree. I’m sorry, but this smells like mental illness. May he rest in peace, and I wish his family peace, too.

by Anonymousreply 147April 29, 2018 11:47 PM

What is it you read that makes you think mental illness. Genuinely curious.

by Anonymousreply 148April 30, 2018 1:08 AM

Yeah, suicide. The family hasn't released his last "alarming" texts to them. They seem to have suspected this all along.

by Anonymousreply 149April 30, 2018 1:15 AM

R148, there are a few things, which on their own don’t mean a thing. All together, though, it gives me an inkling that he was possibly Aspergers or on the autism spectrum.

It seems his family kept rather close tabs on him. He had favorite jogging shoes (my husband has a few pairs of running shoes; if he has a favorite pair, I wouldn’t know. It’s just odd.). He had crystals in his pocket. Telling his neighbor to delete his phone number. He seemed to be a loner.

Again, all the things I’ve read paint a picture of a NOT neurotypical person. He may have had a break with reality or acted out impulsively.

Regardless, it’s a sad story. I don’t think it was necessarily foul play, but it’s possible.

by Anonymousreply 150April 30, 2018 1:18 AM

R150 what else leads you to believe he was Aspberger's or something on the Autism spectrum? He could have been bipolar and went off meds but who knows? Either way it's very sad, rest in peace.

by Anonymousreply 151May 2, 2018 7:51 AM

Wait, he was the 86 doctor to be found in that Georgia river, or am I reading something wrong from R143) link.

by Anonymousreply 152May 2, 2018 7:58 AM

R152 That appears to be a conspiracy theory site about "holistic" doctors who are found dead. I believe that number of 86 refers to the number of doctors everywhere of whom the writer finds their deaths to be conspiratorial. I did not read the entire piece, because she is so obviously bonkers, but she seems to be promoting the idea that these doctors are being killed by Big Pharma to keep them from being a threat to their business.

If there were 86 doctors found dead in one fairly small river, this would be a HUGE story. But 86 doctors in the US found dead in slightly questionable circumstances is easily explainable without conspiracy involved.

My final thought: the reason I have come to believe there is no cloak and dagger surrounding this sad story is that his parents appear to have accepted the explanation and are keeping mum. That would not be the case if they even suspected there could be something nefarious going on.

A young, clean cut Harvard graduate being murdered possibly certainly would get a lot of media attention if the parents pushed for it.

by Anonymousreply 153May 2, 2018 8:55 AM

R153) Thanks for the explanation.

Well, I hope his dog, Bo, is taken care of. . .

by Anonymousreply 154May 3, 2018 4:40 AM

Just in: they have ruled it a Suicide by Drowning. Just fyi. Not sure what to think about that...

by Anonymousreply 155May 22, 2018 9:23 PM

[quote] Just in: they have ruled it a Suicide by Drowning

Makes sense to me and the Today Show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156May 22, 2018 9:47 PM

Ah. So nice of the Spin Doctors to show up. What took you so long?

by Anonymousreply 157May 22, 2018 10:07 PM

Very, very tragic.

It does explain why he took neither his dog nor his phone though.

If it were an assignation gone wrong, he would likely have had his phone with him. I would bet the ranch that some sort of message, if not as formal suicide letter, was left for his mom and dad. That is likely why they are accepting this quietly. I imagine they are aware that he was gay, and they really don't want him to publicly be remembered that way(which is what would happen if an investigation were pushed by the family.)

Note: I am certainly not saying that revealing someone was gay is any reason to be embarrassed...but remember who we are dealing with here: middle class church going married black parents in Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 158May 23, 2018 12:07 AM

This is so sad....but I still don't get why he told his neighbor to delete his number? That is still so weird.

by Anonymousreply 159May 23, 2018 12:41 AM

Yep R159. That speaks to something other than garden variety suicide.

by Anonymousreply 160May 24, 2018 9:25 PM

Not necessarily R160. When someone is so mentally disturbed/depressed that he is about to snuff out a life so promising and exceptional, you don't know what he might have been thinking.

I personally believe, and I suffer from long term PTSD and basic depression, that it was his way in the moment of saying "goodbye--I am about to exiting your life as well as mine."

But I get it that something so senseless and such a waste is hard to accept. Like Tupac's death, many just cannot believe what "The Man" said happened. But here's the thing: nefarious powers that be who wanted to take him out could have done so in a much more convincing manner. If this was a hit job, it was a hell if a sloppy and weak hit job. Not one that reflects the work of professionals at all.

by Anonymousreply 161May 24, 2018 10:54 PM

I wonder if he said something to the neighbor like delete my number because you won't be needing it any longer. That would have been a suicide flag that the neighbor may have missed or discounted

by Anonymousreply 162May 24, 2018 11:53 PM

THAT is exactly what I was thinking R162. He was actually saying what was about to happen.

Do you agree that it was very poorly done if it was a professional hit? I think he would have simply "disappeared" had TPTB taken him out.

by Anonymousreply 163May 25, 2018 1:01 AM

Okay. Here we go. Flu shots = money. CDC doctor stating flu shots ineffective = no money. Threat to HUGE flu shot market = dead CDC doctor.

- I was five when I stated "No old, fat white guy dressed in red is bringing me free presents for Christmas! Besides, we don't even HAVE a chimney!" That is all.

by Anonymousreply 164May 25, 2018 1:18 PM

R162 and R163 - It's statements like these which fuel speculation that "spin doctors" infiltrate such threads to divert provocative thought. No one is this stupid.

by Anonymousreply 165May 25, 2018 1:31 PM

People are so keen to see dark forces at work behind the scenes. Lol!

I think it’s an interesting inversion of the persistent god myth in the human consciousness. We don’t want to think that random bad things happen in life, because that’s just too scary and unpredictable. So it’s God’s wrath or the secret cabal. Because Gods can be placated, and secret cabals uncovered (by those with [italic]special knowledge[/italic]) and brought to justice. But random bad shit can happen to anyone ... at any time.

Too scary to bear.

by Anonymousreply 166May 25, 2018 1:37 PM

^^^^ What on earth does GOD have to do with a completely money driven capitalist society utterly secured by a fascist/dictatorial corrupt government masquerading as a Republic which will do absolutely anything it wants as a means of protecting it's objectives? Alas, ignorance truly is bliss. How's the weather in Wonderland, pal?

by Anonymousreply 167May 25, 2018 1:45 PM

R167, I think that was sarcasm at R166.

by Anonymousreply 168May 25, 2018 2:04 PM

Good lord, I had no idea that the lunatic conspiracy theorists of DL had found this thread,

Yes of course. I am a spin doctor and the whole thing was a plot to save the vaccine industry initiated by Dr. Evil.

by Anonymousreply 169May 26, 2018 4:53 AM

I want to know what he texted his parents that was so disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 170May 26, 2018 5:04 AM

We will never be able to share that with you, R170. Honey and vinegar have silenced us.

by Anonymousreply 171May 30, 2018 1:30 AM

OMFG. The man had favourite jogging shoes. That’s spells bi-polar to me, R150. Do you concur?

by Anonymousreply 172May 30, 2018 2:01 AM

It's incredibly sad when anyone commits suicide, and this guy was suffering and depressed or with another mental illness that he felt like he had to kill himself. Despite what the conspiracy theorists are writing this guy sadly decided that for some reason he should end his life, and I feel for his family and friends.

If you are suffering please get help. I was suicidal in my early 20s, and I got help from a therapist and going on a medication temporarily. Looking back it's like what R161 said, I look back and seriously the reasons why I wanted to end my life were not worth it and did not even make any sense after I was able to get help and realize that things were not that bad.

by Anonymousreply 173May 30, 2018 6:15 AM

r173 is right, this is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

by Anonymousreply 174May 30, 2018 6:55 AM

If it was just a suspected suicide initially, and then determined to be suicide, then why the hell did it become a national news story?

by Anonymousreply 175May 30, 2018 11:55 AM

We are absolutely certain if the printed stories say it was suicide, then it was suicide.

Sincerely,

The Ghosts of.. Aaron Swartz, James Dolan, Chester Bennington, Chris Cornell, Vince Foster, Ed Willey Jr., Nancy Schaefer

by Anonymousreply 176May 30, 2018 7:59 PM

R176 = loony freeper conspiracy theorist

by Anonymousreply 177May 30, 2018 8:20 PM

R177 = believes everything he reads is 100% truth or gets paid to pretend he does.

by Anonymousreply 178June 4, 2018 4:51 PM

Oh ffs, Chester Bennington was the poster boy for fucking raging emos, there was no way he was not going to an hero at some point. Cornell was drinking again, I don't know why the other people did it but it's not that hard to imagine weird, aspie, autist people killing themselves. There's no porn ring that Chester and Chris were about to expose.

by Anonymousreply 179June 4, 2018 5:19 PM

R175, the CDC angle was like catnip to conspiracy buffs. And the fact that he was missing.

by Anonymousreply 180June 4, 2018 5:54 PM

Now we know. Gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181June 5, 2018 1:31 AM

The dogs name was Mr. Bojangles!

by Anonymousreply 182June 5, 2018 1:45 AM

So devastating. It's puzzling, he had a good career in the black gay mecca of Atlanta, and clearly he knew a ton of people, judging from his massive memorial service. So unfortunate that he didn't find someone to successfully help him through his issues. It seems like those around him admired greatly.

by Anonymousreply 183June 5, 2018 1:59 AM

Exactly R183.

by Anonymousreply 184June 5, 2018 4:30 PM

Even though I and mot here suspected that he was terribly depressed and in emotional pain from the outset, reading that ATL Journal piece made me so very sad. What a tremendous waste of life! He was so exceptional in every way.

This will be a lesson to me that regardless of how fortunate. attractive, well set financially and surrounded by family and friends someone is, that is still no guarantee of happiness. We all struggle with hurt and pain, but for many different reasons. His pain may have been even worse than a homeless bum on skid row in LA sleeping on the streets---even though from outward appearances he had it all while the homeless man looks like a walking misery. You just cannot judge by looking at the outside what is going on inside.

RIP and love to his family.

by Anonymousreply 185June 5, 2018 8:03 PM

And with the numerous ostriches with their heads in the sand in this thread alone, we can see how it's all so easy to do and why they'll do it again and again and......

by Anonymousreply 186June 5, 2018 8:06 PM

Wow, that's sad

by Anonymousreply 187June 6, 2018 12:19 AM

r186, you can expound if you'd like.

by Anonymousreply 188June 6, 2018 1:20 AM

White people are useless scum and I hope that they go into extinction in my lifetime. Even if I have to live 100 years to see it. The end.

by Anonymousreply 189June 6, 2018 1:23 AM

r189 = Talcum X

by Anonymousreply 190June 6, 2018 1:46 AM

The church worked its magic on another one.

by Anonymousreply 191June 6, 2018 1:52 AM

White people are useless scum and I hope that they go into extinction in my lifetime

Wouldn't do you any good. They're all white out in space too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192June 6, 2018 2:03 AM

R189 Don't hold your breath Vesterina Flanagan.

A change is coming, and I don't believe it's what you are hoping for. Not one single person, black white or otherwise has made this tragic story about race. I suspect you can't stand that either; so here you are at the end injecting your evil venom into the conversation.

You are a lost soul.

by Anonymousreply 193June 6, 2018 2:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!