Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jonathan Groff # 16

Continue...

by Anonymousreply 600April 23, 2018 2:44 PM

Dont like this Corey. Well i dont dislike him, just dont understand the fuss.

by Anonymousreply 1April 4, 2018 2:21 PM

R1 The fuss is he travelled from UK to celebrate Jon’s birthday and spent at least a week or 2 with him.

by Anonymousreply 2April 4, 2018 2:24 PM

you couldn't have found a nice photo, OP?

by Anonymousreply 3April 4, 2018 2:24 PM

Thank you for starting this new thread. I find Corey’s journey and choices fascinating. Corey is certainly charismatic, interesting, a risk taker, a go getter and a dreamer. But inspite of all that, his repertoire is rather uninteresting. Autre video is the only work that seems interesting so far. How is dancing in Antarctica going to save the planet? It’s all hype to get on the news. All I see is a damn phone booth all over his page...and even then, he does not the dance in his videos. Still waiting for some quality choreography stuff from him, till then he is an average choreographer with an interesting youth.

by Anonymousreply 4April 4, 2018 2:38 PM

R4 Good point.

Dating Jon will get him better connections at the very least.

by Anonymousreply 5April 4, 2018 3:02 PM

R5 Bet he will have some traffic on his site for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 6April 4, 2018 3:26 PM

R4 This is his link about Antarctica project. It will be aired on BBC on 4/22.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 4, 2018 3:42 PM

Wait - Jonathan was in NYC with Murray, Raul, and other friends on his birthday & we don’t know if Corey was there. Let’s keep the information accurate!

by Anonymousreply 8April 4, 2018 4:09 PM

R8 Listen the voice at the end of Bday video. It sounds like Corey's to some. I am not quite sure but could be. Since Jon was already spotted at a restaurant with Corey (ok, a British guy but who else) and was overheard talking about him to a close friend (ok, about international love affair, but what else), it only makes sense to me that he was at the party as well.

by Anonymousreply 9April 4, 2018 5:19 PM

R9 the speculation is fine but that is not enough to state for a fact that Corey flew in from the UK for Jonathan’s bday. For all we know at this point Corey is in NYC for other reasons and they are just casually hooking up while he’s there.

by Anonymousreply 10April 4, 2018 6:19 PM

R10 Could be that he is on business in NYC but then I would expect something about that on his social media. He used to check himself in often (airports, dance companies , theaters) but now he is very quiet. He is travelling to NYC and no word about it. Maybe I just did not notice it, maybe he will post soon his whereabouts or reason to be in NYC. Until he solves the mystery our speculation that Jon is the reason are not unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 11April 4, 2018 7:18 PM

Honestly, it was the move to go to the S&M burlesque that set this hole thing off. That and questions about who Jon was with for the month of February in New Zealand.

by Anonymousreply 12April 4, 2018 8:10 PM

R12 Corey was in Antarctica from 2/4 till probably 2/18 (unless they completed shooting earlier). Jon was in Melbourne on 2/14 and then in Sydney maybe as early as 2/16. If they were together in February that would be at most 2-3 days in NZ and 10 in Sydney. But if Jonathan flew to LA to perform on Geffen's party on 2/24 (did he?) that would make not more than 10 days in total in February.

I guess that cannot be the only dance performance Corey saw in NYC. My thoughts also that it is strange he so far did not share at least his impressions of them. This is his first time in US, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 13April 4, 2018 9:23 PM

The Geffen thing is unconfirmed. It seems odd to me that Groff would take such long plane rides back and forth just to perform at a party. I’m sure Geffen pays well for performers but Groff also isn’t that hard up for money.

by Anonymousreply 14April 4, 2018 10:36 PM

Speaking of money, how much do you think he's worth? Apparently, more than enough to go on lavish vacations (AU for more than a month) combined with keeping an apt in NYC regardless of if he's living there or not. I'd love to be him based off how much he rakes in.

by Anonymousreply 15April 4, 2018 10:42 PM

Not to mention potentiallyflying men in from another continent.

by Anonymousreply 16April 4, 2018 10:51 PM

Flying guys in for a booty call seems a little extreme.

by Anonymousreply 17April 4, 2018 10:56 PM

Having said that, now I'm annoyed with him. He got the looks, build, charm, can sing and act, AND he gets a pretty penny to do it? Actually SCREW him

by Anonymousreply 18April 4, 2018 11:03 PM

R18 yeah fuck that guy. ;)

by Anonymousreply 19April 4, 2018 11:10 PM

I"m sure he has more than enough to keep an apartment in NYC, and travel a few times a year. The deal with Netflix/Mindhunter would be more than enough for him to be able to live that kind of lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 20April 4, 2018 11:22 PM

I'm serious. There are so many amazing actors in NYC alone who may never get a sliver of the opportunities (ahem, Hamilton) Groff's had thrown at him. Now he's already making fantastic money with Netflix & Disney, he's in a small venture show that did well that now looks to be heading to Broadway. Really?!

He really must be nice because if you're a struggling actor and also his friend, it would be really difficult to tolerate him. It would be nice if productions would spread the wealth around.

by Anonymousreply 21April 4, 2018 11:23 PM

I think it's safe to assume after all of these years, and how well is spoken of, that Groff is a pretty kind and generous guy. I don't know of anyone with a better reputation - both professionally, and the little we know of his personal life.

by Anonymousreply 22April 4, 2018 11:29 PM

I'm sure all those things are true! Doesn't make him any less of a spotlight hog.

by Anonymousreply 23April 4, 2018 11:37 PM

His appearance at Geffen's birthday party was confirmed by Page Six.

by Anonymousreply 24April 4, 2018 11:40 PM

R15 I think he is probably making good money from Mindhunter and he also got a piece of that Hamilton actor royalty deal, so he’s probably doing pretty well.

But also if his dad trains and sells racehorses that means the family is rich. I don’t think they give him money but I also don’t think he really has to worry about it.

by Anonymousreply 25April 4, 2018 11:48 PM

R24 Page Six isn’t always right. And there were no pictures or any other confirmation anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 26April 4, 2018 11:49 PM

I generally root for the underdog. Now that he's so privileged, and is taking jobs from people who deserve their shot too, my excitement for him is waning.

by Anonymousreply 27April 4, 2018 11:55 PM

R27 what job snatching are you refering to?

Can’t beleive it was 6 days ago that a photo of Groff with a guy popped up....and still the discussion continues. Without any further pics or info, this group has managed to feed the imagination of many. Thank you ;-)

by Anonymousreply 28April 5, 2018 12:03 AM

R27 bye bye

by Anonymousreply 29April 5, 2018 12:03 AM

R26

Well, duh, it was a private party. Why would they lie about Groff performing? He's not that famous to create such random rumours. Also lol at people who say Groff don't need money so he wouldnt perform at the party. Do you know who Geffen is? Level of guests at his parties, endless possibilities for networking and career opportunities? I doubt Groff was paid.

by Anonymousreply 30April 5, 2018 12:25 AM

R29 waning not dead

by Anonymousreply 31April 5, 2018 12:25 AM

R3

Who needs those photos? Didn't give a damn.

by Anonymousreply 32April 5, 2018 12:27 AM

R28 The BTS that will likely come to Broadway. Guy, you have Netflix, Disney, royalties from past shows. Damn. Why get so greedy? Sit back, relax with your booty call/ guy you're dating/boyfriend/fiance, and let someone else have a moment to shine.

by Anonymousreply 33April 5, 2018 12:29 AM

Sorry. BDS.

by Anonymousreply 34April 5, 2018 12:30 AM

R30 Exactly. This isn't a paid gig - Geffen is a tycoon. It's a privilege to perform at his party, and Page Six wouldn't lie in their party report. He was there.

by Anonymousreply 35April 5, 2018 12:31 AM

R33

Of all filthy rich, overexosed, overrated people in entertainment industry, you chose Jonathan Groff to whine about?

by Anonymousreply 36April 5, 2018 12:39 AM

R36 Seriously. What is he supposed to do, just sit at home doing nothing? He's a great rep of the LGBTQ community and he has talent - he also gives back by mentoring young kids, and doing events for Seth Rudetsky's non-profits and others. If you have privilege you should be working MORE to give back, not to sit and rest on your privilege and not contribute to society. You have a backwards way of looking at life.

by Anonymousreply 37April 5, 2018 12:58 AM

R36 You make good points. It's true that he does give back, and it's always very positive. My view isn't backwards. More a different viewpoint. Not in the field, but thinking about those with an equal amount talent, but have yet to have their moment.

by Anonymousreply 38April 5, 2018 1:32 AM

To R37

by Anonymousreply 39April 5, 2018 1:34 AM

R38 To those others, they have to get out there and get those opportunities themselves. Groff is doing good things and auditioning for things he wants, and he is booking those jobs because of his talent and good work ethic/reputation. It's up to others to work hard too.

by Anonymousreply 40April 5, 2018 1:41 AM

R38

Of they didn't have their moment, it's their fucking problem.

by Anonymousreply 41April 5, 2018 1:42 AM

R41 It's true. You can only do so much for others. It's not up to Groff for those people to book jobs.

by Anonymousreply 42April 5, 2018 1:46 AM

R42

Oh no, its more thanks that, Groff have to stop working for those unnamed people to have their moment. Because of course it's Groff's responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 43April 5, 2018 1:49 AM

R37 He gets aid for most of those gigs. Teaching, appearing live for Seth, etc. Most of those, especially the mentoring are paid.

by Anonymousreply 44April 5, 2018 1:54 AM

R44 Interesting...

by Anonymousreply 45April 5, 2018 2:09 AM

R44 Sure, but he doesn't need to do them, I'm sure those organizations don't have much to offer him financially. There are plenty of actors who don't do anything to give back.

by Anonymousreply 46April 5, 2018 2:14 AM

Well, yes and no. During Looking he was not paid much for the few shows filmed each season. If I remember correctly his contract at the time limited him from being able to take on another TV role. He mentioned once in an interview that he wasn't getting any offers for movies. And until Hamilton, he could only take on one-off in theatre due to the Looking schedule.

He struggled to get back into the NY theatre scene after his breakup with Sauinto. So he took a lot of teaching gigs and small concerts to supplement his income.

by Anonymousreply 47April 5, 2018 2:23 AM

Also, google all of the events Groff's done for Seth Rudetsky's non-profit events. He's always supported Seth's charities and events.

by Anonymousreply 48April 5, 2018 2:27 AM

R47 Who is Sauinto?

by Anonymousreply 49April 5, 2018 3:15 AM

I have no idea why do you think he's so incredibly wealthy. He didn't get much for Frozen. I think it was even discussed in old threads. He didn't have a song to get royalties from. Hamilton is a big cast, so i doubt he is rolling in the dough from his 10 minutes performance. Looking was cheap, and Netflix is no better, considering Mindhunter is not a hit.

by Anonymousreply 50April 5, 2018 3:25 AM

Believe me he's doing fine from Mindhunter.

R49 I believe they meant "Squinto" - Zachary Quinto.

by Anonymousreply 51April 5, 2018 3:51 AM

R58 He really has not been involved in a lot of charity work over the years. Not sure why you think he has, but there have only been a few events where he did not receive compensation.

He spends a lot of time looking for paying gigs. He probably has some money, but not a ton. Certainly not enough to retire on.

by Anonymousreply 52April 5, 2018 6:51 AM

R52 You don't know what you're talking about. Honestly.

by Anonymousreply 53April 5, 2018 7:23 AM

Let's think on this a moment: what would he have reasonably pulled money in on?

Lead actor in a Broadway show in 2006 (no name recognition) - around 5k per week, more once it took off.

Featured actor in Broadway show (name recognized) in 2015 - around 10k per week for 9 minutes per show is a good guess, but may be more given his star status.

Supporting role in a tv series - Boss - probably around 15k an episode? That might be too high, but it is harder to tell what supporting roles made in 2012.

Guest spot on TV show - Glee - around 7k is pretty standard with name recognition for hour long dramas.

Lead on cables shows - Looking vs Mindhunter - this one is harder to figure out. Looking was probably around 30k an episode while Mindhunter may be as high as 70k per episode.

Add to that the occasional pop-up musical, and occasional plays. Then there are the classes he teaches which are always paid, plus the rare concert performance.

In the end, it is not as much as you might think. He is probably worth around 5million right now from everything.

by Anonymousreply 54April 5, 2018 7:37 AM

However, then there is the output to be considered.

A C-list actor of his experience has to pay out for the following: Agent Wardrobe, makeup, grooming Living expenses - NYC residence Insurance Union dues Some travel expenses - although at his level that is rare, this should be covered by the show/school Entertainment expenses - he may get free tickets for everything on/off Broadway, however some of it maybe not.

If they are new to the industry, headshots would also be a factor.

Anything missing?

by Anonymousreply 55April 5, 2018 7:52 AM

R53 List his charity work where you know without a doubt he was not paid. By year please.

If not, then drop it.

by Anonymousreply 56April 5, 2018 7:55 AM

R56 You really think even if he and others contributing to a non-profit /charity work WERE paid, they'd get anything worth writing home about? HAve you ever worked with a non-profit? They don't MAKE PROFIT, so they can't pay much, if anything at all. It wouldn't make an impact on his gross income.

by Anonymousreply 57April 5, 2018 8:12 AM

Also, no one here said he was incredibly wealthy or could retire on his current income. We were replying to the person who said they didn't understand how Groff could take vacations and have a place in NYC. He definitely makes enough to do both of those things without an issue.

by Anonymousreply 58April 5, 2018 8:14 AM

Paid for charity work is not charity work. It's a job no matter how little he was paid.

I know you want your idol to be a saint, but he really is just a paid actor in the end. Not saying he doesn't agree to pay cuts, but he not the Mother Theresa you are trying to paint him as.

by Anonymousreply 59April 5, 2018 10:56 AM

R55 So he makes money, just not as much as some believe. Enough to pay his expenses and fly in his latest boy toy, but not enough to set up the boy in an apartment of his own.

That seems accurate. I have long suspected that one of the reasons for him to constantly dress down was a practical one.

by Anonymousreply 60April 5, 2018 11:01 AM

R59 HAHA. I don't see Groff as Mother Theresa OR a saint. I wouldn't like him if he was either of those. I dont' know why you feel the need to go to the extreme if someone disagrees with you. All I said was that he does charity work and doesn't get paid much for it. No one does, celebrity or not - it's just a simple fact that non-profits don't make enough to pay anyone. I've worked for one, they simply don't. I don't think saying someone does charity work without getting paid much makes them a saint or some kind of idol. It's just the truth.

by Anonymousreply 61April 5, 2018 11:28 AM

R61 You are very defensive towards anyone who disagrees with you.

If you were just pointing something out, then you would not need to be insulting about it. Relax.

by Anonymousreply 62April 5, 2018 11:44 AM

R62 Who did I insult?

by Anonymousreply 63April 5, 2018 11:46 AM

" Who did I insult? "

Oh my

by Anonymousreply 64April 5, 2018 12:07 PM

R64 ??

by Anonymousreply 65April 5, 2018 12:09 PM

So who here things the reason Jon chose someone 6 years younger nger is so he can be the primary top?

by Anonymousreply 66April 5, 2018 12:20 PM

R66 don’t be silly. Who tops has nothing to do with age and he’s already said a million times he’s versatile so why people keep trying to label him as a strict top or bottom is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 67April 5, 2018 12:54 PM

Definitely an attempt to be the top.

by Anonymousreply 68April 5, 2018 1:20 PM

This Corey character reminds me of popular girls from summer camp from Addams Family Values. Those smiles and cheerfullness. So annoying. I guess it's american thing.

by Anonymousreply 69April 5, 2018 3:59 PM

Also who said Jon paid for his ticket? I thought he was jet setting, award winning, super succesful dancer.

by Anonymousreply 70April 5, 2018 4:12 PM

Andrew Haigh's "Lean on Pete" opens tonight in NY. I expect Jonathan will go to see it, hopefully with Murray, Raul and his girlfriend (bless her for her Instagram).

by Anonymousreply 71April 5, 2018 9:58 PM

R71 Good tip! Hoping for some photos of him and Corey.

by Anonymousreply 72April 5, 2018 11:21 PM

R71 great tip....

by Anonymousreply 73April 5, 2018 11:45 PM

R16 R70 Corey is a frequent flyer with huge airline miles. Just look at his recent check-ins on his FB. Mostly airports, in 2017 only they are stretching from the UK to NZ, AU, Belgium, Greece, Korea, Hong Kong, Germany. The guy is relentless with abundance of energy.

We don't know if Jonathan and Corey really fell for each other and if they want a sort of relationship. But if so, the distance shouldn't be such a big obstacle with a guy like Corey. Speaking in general, not about Corey in particular, if Jon ever gets involved in a longer relationship, it will be with a guy who is his own boss and doesn't put down roots. Far from being the only factor to make it last but IMO the necessary one.

by Anonymousreply 74April 6, 2018 9:41 AM

Errata: meant "restless" obviously

by Anonymousreply 75April 6, 2018 9:48 AM

R7 Where did you read or hear about the film being played on BBC? Havent seen that anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 76April 6, 2018 12:39 PM

Well, well....what do you know...Corey Baker Dance has removed his comment from the picture. Looks like either he is visiting Datalounge or he is being pmed a lot by some fans. I don’t think we are going to get any more news about them unless they go public.

by Anonymousreply 77April 6, 2018 4:03 PM

groffsauce

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 6, 2018 4:09 PM

I TOLD the fans not to follow his account in the last thread. Nobody ever listens!

by Anonymousreply 79April 6, 2018 6:14 PM

His accounts are mostly open, no need to follow them. Weirdly enough noticed a decrease in his followers on Instagram, went from 12k to 11.3k....that’s a huge fall. Locking his accounts may not help him professionally.

by Anonymousreply 80April 6, 2018 7:05 PM

R80 just looked and his Instagram is at 11.7k.

by Anonymousreply 81April 6, 2018 7:22 PM

R77, This has happened before. When Jon had a briefly public FB page, and an Instagram one around the same time, someone posted about it on DL. Within 1/2 a day, both were deleted.

Very secretive about his lovers. Makes me wonder what they get up to.

by Anonymousreply 82April 6, 2018 8:02 PM

R82 When was that? Must be a long time ago. I am sure he still lurks around.

by Anonymousreply 83April 6, 2018 8:06 PM

R83 Only a few years ago. It was around the time he started with Hamilton I believe. It was posted on one of the threads here one evening. However they were gone by the morning.

DL was a one of the sites when Looking first came out where some of the crew from the show would cruise the threads in order to gauge public reaction to the show, due to be a large contingent of gays who posted here. There were several threads on the subject at the time, however all of them are silent now. Also, I believe some of the Broadway crowd (gay cast or crew) still post on the Broadway threads now and then.

by Anonymousreply 84April 6, 2018 8:17 PM

I would suspect given the responses to the threads that some of his PR agency are on here now and then as well. Not an uncommon occurrence when you want to steer the dialogue and curtail the gossip for a client.

by Anonymousreply 85April 6, 2018 8:19 PM

Hey, at least we know they are together. Corey wouldn't have taken the pains to delete the comment if they we not a couple.

Honestly he really isn't that attractive. Mediocre looks and average body, mediocre talent. Cute, but nothing to write home about. As for all of the superimposed character traits that have been assigned to him by posters on these threads, most actors/performers have the same things said about them - ambitious, experimental, kind, passionate, talented, charming, attractive, cute body, etc. It all sounds like any guy in the industry really. For the most part.

by Anonymousreply 86April 6, 2018 8:25 PM

R82 If that ever happened, I think those were not his FB nor Instagram, but rather set up by an impersonator and therefore removed. Why would anyone create a public FB just to remove it as soon public learns about it. Makes no sense.

R77 Very interesting. Also the follow up "Thank you" by IG owner (the dancer) is deleted. I guess they were asked so by Jonathan's publicist. The only reason that comes to mind is that she is trying to protect Jonathan's privacy. I guess not from this small gossip site (that suffers from paranoia). Still puzzled why. Maybe she is just too diligent, protective and overreacting.

R85 I also guess that she is here occasionally. I am sure that Jon does not lurk and that the whole social media is not his thing.

by Anonymousreply 87April 6, 2018 8:27 PM

It’s not that it’s a problem that it’s on DL, it’s that larger gossip blogs troll DL for info.

by Anonymousreply 88April 6, 2018 8:30 PM

If that guy is “average looking” then 98% of the world’s population are orcs.

by Anonymousreply 89April 6, 2018 8:32 PM

R74 Why would you assume Jon wants a guy incapable of putting down roots? And i am not sure if you know how much airfare back and forth to the US costs, but unless Jon spends more money traveling several times a year to see him, which will cute into his own career ambitions, or Corey plans to move in with Jon so he can build his career in NY, it is most likely a long slow slog to a sad end for their relationship.

I say let them have their fun in the sun, and then part ways so Jon can focus on what he needs to - keeping his acting career sa full as possible while casting directors are willing to hire him. He has already do the whole "moving to another coast to live with my boyfriend" bit. He had to come back to NY to revive his career when it sadly ended.

by Anonymousreply 90April 6, 2018 8:34 PM

R88 And by deleting two comments on IG account, PR will make hundred of DL post irrelevant? I would buy your theory if all our posts got deleted. People talk outside of DL, I mean IRL, those that have seen them around. I don't think that larger gossip blogs need DL detectives.

by Anonymousreply 91April 6, 2018 8:37 PM

R87 Probably asked to take it down yes. That would make sense if it was his agent. However at this point, doubtful most of Broadway doesn't know about the two of them. Fortunately, most will never say anything public.

by Anonymousreply 92April 6, 2018 8:38 PM

R91 I would disagree on one point - there is nothing they can do here. They can't even stop us from re-posting Jon's dick pics which we will occasionally do. Jon's public facade is so sweet and pleasant that most on Broadway would never blab about him. He almost goes to an extreme to charm everyone and get along.

I wonder privately if the stories about him being just like the Rachel Berry character are true. I guess no one would see that side of him accept his family and Lea.

by Anonymousreply 93April 6, 2018 8:42 PM

Corey is lucky to be with him. Not only does he by all accounts have the most sought after gay celeb around, but he will have ample opportunity to push is brand forward. Meeting all of Jon's friends, going to shows and performances with him, and probably (a guess) visiting him on set. I bet his career gets a giant boost from this. And Jon is know for being a mentor to those he becomes friends with, image how far he can help Corey.

by Anonymousreply 94April 6, 2018 8:46 PM

R93 I also think they can't do here anything. I would add that they don't care about DL. Not even about reposting his dick pics that is in the movie and on youtube. So my question is why? Why deleting two innocent "thank you" comments? Corey said in an interview that he does not like being told what to do. Yet he obeyed.

by Anonymousreply 95April 6, 2018 8:49 PM

R96 True, unless he was told or shown what was being posted here and decided it was too personal for him to handle. He will now enter into a level of fame that he has not known. Being Jonathan Groff and Boyfriend may be harder on Corey than he realizes. He seems very young still, and inexperienced with notoriety. Plus I suspect Jon is the dominant one in their relationship. He may have given Corey an ultimatum - keep shit private or we're done.

by Anonymousreply 96April 6, 2018 9:05 PM

R90 I don't know what he wants. It is just logical that an actor whose next project may take him far way from home base for months needs equally dynamic partner, flexible and free enough to follow him around. Not a guy with a conventional job that keeps him at one place. Also not a homey type that whines about being far from friends and family.

by Anonymousreply 97April 6, 2018 9:09 PM

R91 legitimate blogs aren’t going to cite DataLounge as a source. They can only cite that Instagram pic if they can confirm it’s him, in the picture and him deleting his comment removes the confirmation that it’s him. Now all Jonathan’s publicist has to do is say it’s an unknown friend that she is declining to name, if asked.

by Anonymousreply 98April 6, 2018 9:38 PM

Also, this doesn’t mean that they are an official couple. It could mean that they are just casually seeing each other and thus not ready to to go public, or maybe never intend to get serious/go public.

by Anonymousreply 99April 6, 2018 9:50 PM

R98 If they lurk DL, they know his name. Why would they have to explain how they got it or prove anything when they are 100% sure, let's say thanks to DL. Anyway they cannot claim the two are couple (with or without Corey's name) - neither can we here, we just speculate. All they can say is they are friends that met recently at CIMTSS. So what's the fuss about?

by Anonymousreply 100April 6, 2018 9:54 PM

Theory: Maybe Corey was getting DM's and weird followers and he himself decided to remove the comment.

by Anonymousreply 101April 6, 2018 10:02 PM

R100 - because they cannot prove it is him in the picture. Press cannot name someone if they can’t confirm it is that person. If they contact him or Jonathan’s publicist to ask if it’s him, all they have to do is say no it’s not him. The press can’t say “we know it’s him because we read it on a disreputable gossip site”. They need verification.

What R101 is saying is also possibly true. If so, it makes me think he’s smart.

by Anonymousreply 102April 6, 2018 10:06 PM

R102 Press can put another photo next to this one from BWW: any from official CIMTSS 2018 with their lecturers will do. That is the confirmation enough. They don't have to explain how they connected the dots.

R101 There is nothing weird going on his social media. But you could be right that he may have got some crazy DMs. He cannot put them off by deleting his comment but he can avoid further weirdos. So it makes sense to do. But then he also had to ask IG owner to remove his own "Thanks Corey.." comment.

by Anonymousreply 103April 6, 2018 10:19 PM

R103 Yeah that's the most interesting part - that he /someone asked the IG owner to remove that comment.

by Anonymousreply 104April 6, 2018 10:26 PM

R103 the pic with Groff doesn’t necessarily look like any of his other pics. There’s a reason DL couldn’t identify him until he posted that comment, and also were proposing other candidates who looked KINDA like him.

You can believe me or not but this is how journalism works. You can’t just name someone who is not famous without actual corroboration of their identity.

by Anonymousreply 105April 6, 2018 10:27 PM

Either this all means it's a substantial relationship and Groff is trying to protect Corey from the weirdos, or they're just good friends/it's a casual thing and Corey/publicists don't want anything to "get out of hand" - or unnecessary gossiping/attention.

by Anonymousreply 106April 6, 2018 10:28 PM

R106 How can this kind of gossiping hurt Jonathan? He is not a closeted gay but quite opposite: he was talking publicly about fucking a guy, being versatile and up for anything etc. It is not the first time there is a gossip about his supposed BF. We here had threads speculatimg about him and Murray. And the two had numerous public and IG photos embracing each other on various events. I don't understand why Jonathan needs protection now, especially if it is yet another casual fling or just pure friendship.

by Anonymousreply 107April 6, 2018 10:42 PM

R107 Hm good point. Maybe this one is different because Corey is a good friend, and is in "the industry" (not movies/tv, but with possible future jobs?) so doesn't want Corey's name to be thrown out there as "Groff's boyfriend" before he makes a name for himself with his projects? Not saying Groff necessarily needs to be "protected".

by Anonymousreply 108April 6, 2018 10:50 PM

Maybe they simply don’t know where the relationship is going because it’s very new and they may not have discussed it themselves yet let alone prepared to discuss it publicly. Don’t overthink it.

by Anonymousreply 109April 6, 2018 11:13 PM

R109 HAHA. Isn't the point of gossiping overthinking? Settle down.

by Anonymousreply 110April 6, 2018 11:16 PM

Why do people keep saying “settle down” in this thread to perfectly calm statements? No one is worked up.

by Anonymousreply 111April 6, 2018 11:28 PM

R109 I agree, of course that they don't know. Who ever does at that early stage in any relationship? It's funny how just a standard courtesy comment on an IG post can cause an avalanche of speculations. And how deleting it is even more intriguing. The latter is what inspires me more for overthinking.

by Anonymousreply 112April 6, 2018 11:29 PM

R91 Not sure that is the case here. Most Hollywood relationships are about someone giving up some of their freedoms to follow the other one.

As for homey types, you make those people who have 9-5 jobs sound pathetic. I think that many relationships have survived in the entertainment industry even though one person stayed put. Happens all of the time, especially when children are involved. It is just harder for actors as they have to leave their families for long time periods to work, and are constantly exposed to people throwing themselves at them.

by Anonymousreply 113April 6, 2018 11:47 PM

Maybe Groff is incapable of a relationship that has longevity to it. A relationship where someone is constantly flying to and from, where each person is focused more on their jobs than each other, and therefore have to spend months apart, does not survive. It just drags out for an eternity.

Someone who can follow their boyfriends from job to job is the ideal as they can keep things going, being together even while filming. Corey cannot do this if he actually has ambition. He has a company based in the UK where his avant-garde dance performances get better play than they would in the US. If Jon thinks he can have a successful career in the UK once Mindhunter ends, then he can move to where Corey is. That is if this is as intense and committed a relationship as some here would have us believe.

by Anonymousreply 114April 6, 2018 11:55 PM

R114 Doubt Groff would move to the UK. He is extremely close to his family and he couldn't stay away from the theater community. There are definitely going to be obstacles to this relationship if it is actually a substantial relationship.

Another weird thing is that initially Corey wasn't tagged in the photo of them together, but now he is tagged.

by Anonymousreply 115April 6, 2018 11:58 PM

Most of us here are Groff well wishers. It’s rather sad that all this speculation and talk is getting to them somehow. Things had cooled off, but the deletion of a harmless message has actually reignited what was meant to be diffused. Hope Corey takes it in the right spirit. Wishing to see them together more often. They make a good pair.

by Anonymousreply 116April 7, 2018 12:00 AM

R115.....we are churning with that one photo aren’t we? lol ...good observation about the tag. now more speculation ;-]

by Anonymousreply 117April 7, 2018 12:02 AM

R116 How do you know it has cooled off? I think most of us are here for the gossip, which is what this website is about anyway. And sure we wish Jon well, however we will speculate to our hearts content. And if Jon is so impervious to social media as he claims, then it will not matter what is posted here.

Hope we see them go their separate ways after they have had fun for a bit, they are not a good fit. Want to see both end up with people who better suited for them. They look ok together, but that is not enough.

Truth be told, Jon makes everyone he is with look good, but that's because he's Jon.

by Anonymousreply 118April 7, 2018 12:06 AM

R118 How do you know they are not a good fit? Just from your projection of who you think they are through articles and social media? Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 119April 7, 2018 12:15 AM

R118 it had cooled off, because there was nothing to write. all theories were evaluated and rested in place. but the deletion of a innocuous message is raising eyebrows again.

Good together is not always about looks. Groff would choose some thinking man for sure we hope. Corey seems unpretentious and thoughtful. That’s enough for starters. And they share the same lack of dressing sense;-)

by Anonymousreply 120April 7, 2018 12:16 AM

R120 Haha. That's probably why Groff likes him. He's not a fashion snob .

by Anonymousreply 121April 7, 2018 12:19 AM

R120 / R120 / R121 How do you know they are good fit? Just from your projection of who you think they are through articles and social media? Ridiculous!

by Anonymousreply 122April 7, 2018 12:21 AM

R122 Yes. Time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 123April 7, 2018 12:27 AM

R114 What gives me hope that, if the two are really infatuated with each other (as I think they should be), it could turn into a happy relationship is that Corey is very unconventional. He is London-based, his dance company is Birmingham-based and he travels a lot world wide. He already made several life-changing reallocation decisions (AU, Switzerland, the UK) following his heart and gut. Based on his interviews and social media, he seems to be a bit vulnerable and insecure (not strange concerning his starting point and journey). Still he managed to socially adjust everywhere (different cultures) enough to get help from people to follow his dreams and crazy projects. I understand that he can work on them mostly remotely (e-mails, Skype) since his collaborators are world wide anyway. Therefore, I think he could accompany Jonathan most of the time and only leave for shorter periods when his physical presence is necessary (like to organize dance performance on Himalaya). That is all IF they both want any sort of relationship. For what we know (don't know) Corey may have just been with Jonathan for few days in a friendly visit and gone forever who knows where.

by Anonymousreply 124April 7, 2018 1:22 AM

R124 You're reading too much into this.

1. It would be really pathetic for Corey to brag about his ambitions and choreography one moment, and then hang most of it up to follow Jon around while Jon works.

2. They are not compatible. There has been endless speculation that they are good together which is based on the absolute little that has been eeked out of a few interviews and a couple of comments on Corey's friends' posts about him. Nothing tells me they are a romantic match, just that Corey SEEMS ok but great.

3. The video that was posted with Jon, Murray & Raul that everyone says they hear the boy's voice in the background - did no one think to check when Danny Glicker's birthday was? It was sometime in July, so the video is probably from LAST YEAR!

Stop with the high school fantasizing/young girly romance novel crap. They are just two guys who barely know each other and are probably just fucking and having fun. If they are lucky, they should end up friends in the end.

by Anonymousreply 125April 7, 2018 2:40 AM

Edit to #2 - that should read "not great" at the end.

by Anonymousreply 126April 7, 2018 2:51 AM

Corey is the best and worst thing to happen to this thread. Haha.

by Anonymousreply 127April 7, 2018 3:07 AM

He is an enterprising visionary and attractive. What’s not to like?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128April 7, 2018 4:09 AM

R128 I'm a fan.

by Anonymousreply 129April 7, 2018 4:23 AM

He's fine. He's not movie star good looking or anything, but he's cute and seems to have a sunny personality just like Jon. His resume really isn't that impressive - anyone can take a couple of cameras and make a dance video in Antarctica if you have the funding. He's not a real ballet star by any means, like someone like Justin Peck is.

Also, being a 26/27 year old divorcée should be a red flag. That's extreme even for straight people.

Let Jon have his fun before he heads to Pittsburgh in a week or two. He's probably a good lay.

by Anonymousreply 130April 7, 2018 5:28 AM

Being a 27 y/o divorcee isn't a red flag. You could've legitimately made a mistake - especially since gay marriage became legal in the UK in 2014. He could've gotten married for a lot of different reasons, the most likely being some sort of visa situation for the ex.

Groff says the thing that would attract him the most to a guy is feeling like you could talk for hours. They seem to have a lot in common. Who knows if he's just a good lay or not. Hoping for more.

by Anonymousreply 131April 7, 2018 6:00 AM

R125

1. He is not bragging about his choreography work, sounds even self-deprecating and very aware of his underdog status. I really suggest that you take a fresh reset with these couple of interviews. (Note that I am not commanding you to re-read.)

2. That is ok, we have different interpretations of the same material. To each his own.

3. You are wrong. Please bother to actually read what Alexis wrote. She explicitly says who are Bday boys (Jonathan and Murray).

You seem very aggressively invested in an attempt of isolating Jonathan into a monk/slave for the upcoming MH shooting, at least in the virtual world of this thread. I start to wonder why (if you are a true Jon's well wisher fan). I am not saying that you may not actually somehow echo what Jonathan really wants. Maybe he is really happy to repeat his first season routine: go home after a long shooting day just to eat cold chicken, learn his lines, go to bed, get up very early to run couple of rounds and get to the set for yet another such day over and over again. And for Sunday day off, either spend it lying down on a couch in front of TV or, from time to time if not feeling too exhausted, take a long drive to NY to a fuck buddy. This routine is life draining in longer run (don't you agree). But maybe, just maybe, would he welcome a change at least for a while: to have a guy in the evening at home he could have laugh/cuddling/shag with. I think it would be good for him. And it wouldn't ruin his career. Again, I am not saying that Corey is such a guy nor that is willing to be. My point is that he looks like the closest opportunity for such a change Jonathan may have in his next MH year(s). Again and again, neither of us (you included) here have any real idea what each of them thinks, feels and wants. We are just having fun speculating and you are shouting Stop it! commands all the time.

by Anonymousreply 132April 7, 2018 8:31 AM

R132 Agreed about said poster's aggressive posts. They've all been negative and have added nothing to this thread.

by Anonymousreply 133April 7, 2018 10:12 AM

R131 Agreed. Corey's resume isn't impressive. His ballet work and style while not subpar, are average. As for the phone booth and Antarctica, it seems very gimmicky.

by Anonymousreply 134April 7, 2018 12:24 PM

Meant the above for R130.

As for R131, it is a red flag. Since you can extrapolate interpretation of his marriage based on your desires to paint them as a perfect match, you can be countered - marrying on a whim and divocing three years later is impulsive and immature. You may not like an opposing view, but it is valid nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 135April 7, 2018 12:35 PM

R132 How do you know he has Sundays off? Are you Jon? If not, you are allowing your girlish sensabilities to get away from you. You have acorey there at night waiting for him when he comes home.

Maybe they will start a family for your sake so they can be together forever and ever. Perfectly blissful couple, destiny has finally united. Corey follows his true love all over the earth dragging there little babies Lea and Bethany everywhere with them. All the while Corey, working from Jon's side via the Internet, becomes a world famous choreographer.

It is a love affair written in stone!

by Anonymousreply 136April 7, 2018 12:41 PM

R131, You must write a lot of fan fiction about Jon. Is he lonely and drained? How do you know? Do they laugh and talk all of the time? How do you know? Are they compatible and have the same interests and ideals? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

You don't. You just want to write your own interpretation of their situation for your silly romantic notions. Having a more realistic opinion on who this guy is (a few interviews, a video he is not in, and a photo is what you have based everything on) is important here if for no other reason than to counter the frivilousness of you fan fiction and stanning.

by Anonymousreply 137April 7, 2018 12:59 PM

Based on all of the fanfic here, Jon really seems like a impetuous guy. So does Corey. Falls in love too easily and too fast, and it always leads to heartbreak. You'd think he would have learned that lesson with Creel.

by Anonymousreply 138April 7, 2018 1:04 PM

R136 I described his MH routine exactly as he himself said in several interviews. It is so obvious you are the one who doesn't read.

You know nothing about me and I will not let you provoke me more than to tell you this: I don't like children at all. I have no idea why people want them. I can hardly stand breeders. And the whole marriage BS is pathetic to me. Hope this is said enough for you to understand how much you missed in your pathetic attacks.

by Anonymousreply 139April 7, 2018 2:08 PM

Corey's marriage was for visa. He openly admits that in the first answer in an interview. Marriage/divorce are just administrative stuff, what's the big deal. It does not mean that he hadn't felt in love with the guy initially. Since Corey and the guy's sister comment on each other FB, it must have been a good relationship with amicable end.

by Anonymousreply 140April 7, 2018 2:21 PM

R132 Correction, the post by Raul's girlfriend says the following: ".... to celebrate here’s a video we made for my other favorite guy @dannyglicker."

Since they are singing Auld Lang Syne, it was probably from New Years Eve. Again, before he supposedly met Corey.

by Anonymousreply 141April 7, 2018 2:37 PM

R141 You will have to correct yourself once again after you finally read the whole sentence: ""These two dream boat chorus boys just had birthdays. To celebrate..". Then look at the timestamp on the post: March 27.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142April 7, 2018 2:43 PM

R139 And you know nothing about them except what you have read from their interviews and re-interpreted into your own straight female views of romance. And I love that in order for your opinion to be right you have to attack anyone who disagrees.

Groff never said he was lonely or needed comfort, that is your interpretation of the interviews he has given. Since you have been stanning these two and applying highschool girl fantasy shit, I can only conclude you yourself are a breeder.

by Anonymousreply 143April 7, 2018 2:43 PM

R143 I don't consider you grown up enough to continue direct discussion with you.

by Anonymousreply 144April 7, 2018 2:47 PM

R142 And yet again you will have to re-check yourself since the video was made at an earlier time. Otherwise there would have been no reason for them to be singing that song.

So desperate to paint a picture of Jon as having this intense, deep relationship with the boy that you will pull in any scrap of info to justify it. "Oh, I think I hear a faint British accent in the background, maybe, that sounds like it might be him if it could be heard properly."

Good fucking Christ, you are a crazy frau!

by Anonymousreply 145April 7, 2018 2:48 PM

They’re singing Auld Lang Syne because it’s about old friends, and they are old friends singing to an old friend. The video was made and posted after their birthdays in March. That only happened a couple of weeks ago. Keep up on your Groff, people! It’s not like he gives us so much content that it’s easy to get confused.

by Anonymousreply 146April 7, 2018 3:49 PM

R146 So there is no way she would have posted a video from beforehand as a salute to her two friends at the same time?

Again, reaching to justify the stanning.

by Anonymousreply 147April 7, 2018 5:05 PM

No one in the history of the world would ever post something from the past to give birthday wishes to their friends. It is just not done!

by Anonymousreply 148April 7, 2018 5:07 PM

Yeah, of course it's recent video. What a dumb argument.

by Anonymousreply 149April 7, 2018 5:38 PM

R146 Wow. Jumping in here, that video is old. It was probably filmed in San Francisco while filming Looking. The apartment is one of the cast/crew’s apartment rented during filming. I think you’re the one who’s confused. Why don’t you take a break and go finish your homework.

by Anonymousreply 150April 7, 2018 6:16 PM

The video was posted just after Groff’s birthday with a caption saying “these two guys just had birthdays, TO MARK THE OCCASION we made this video”

Can you guys not read? None of this is to “justify stanning”, I don’t think it’s even Corey’s voice on the video, you guys are just fighting over nothing and unnecessarily complicating timelines.

by Anonymousreply 151April 7, 2018 6:58 PM

R151 It is probably just one person (with some issues) pushing this nonsense about the video. I agree about the voice.

by Anonymousreply 152April 7, 2018 7:09 PM

R151 He had a beard at Mardi Gras. He had a beard in pic with Corey. He’s clean shaven in bday video. Don’t think he shaved and then grew beard back in 3 days.

by Anonymousreply 153April 7, 2018 7:37 PM

Thanks R153. Finally some common sense.

R151, The post doesn't say "TO MARK THE OCCASION we made this video." You are altering what it says to justify the boy's involvement.

Sigh. It is from awhile ago, and no, the boy isn't in it.

by Anonymousreply 154April 7, 2018 7:44 PM

Theory: Corey's insta followers have gone from 11K to 10K within a day or two. He's getting a lot of crazy followers after that photo with Groff and he's had to delete them. Thus, the deletion of the comment on the photo.

by Anonymousreply 155April 7, 2018 8:57 PM

R154

Why do you call him the boy?

by Anonymousreply 156April 7, 2018 8:57 PM

R154 fine, it says “to celebrate we made this video”. Same difference.

It doesn’t make sense for them to sing a song about old acquaintances to their Looking friends if it’s not a new video. This is such a minute detail that it is not worth arguing about but I will continue to believe that it is new.

by Anonymousreply 157April 7, 2018 9:16 PM

Note in her caption, Alexis refers to it being Grof f and Murray's "new birth year" - which could explain the Auld Lang Syne. They're singing to celebrate the "new year" of their new ages.

by Anonymousreply 158April 7, 2018 9:29 PM

R157, R158 No. Just an older video she posted that she thought was cute and her way of wishing her friends happy birthday publiclly. Nothing more.

Groff's lack of beard, the song, and the wording of her post all point to it being older. Plus no evidence of the boy being there.

Reaching to embellish their relationship as more than casual.

by Anonymousreply 159April 7, 2018 10:36 PM

I can't wait to hear of another sighting of Groff and Corey or for a photo of them together so everyone here who is convinced Corey is just a fling can stfu. haha.

by Anonymousreply 160April 7, 2018 10:53 PM

R159 No evidence that Corey was there nor that he was not. The only what is for sure is that the video was shot recently on Jon's and Murray's Bday party. Jon has his 2-days scruff on-off but his hairstyle is the recent one. Raul has no moustache that he had in all but one episode. Alexis says "Raul and I aren’t great at harmonizing we’re just here for the food and good times" and Lauren comments "That's a good group" - do I have to explain present tense and obvious context for this and other comments? If this was an old video: why would they send a song about good old days to Danny Glicker when he was there on set with them... Huh, is this really necessary? I agree with that there is no evidence that Corey was or not on that Bday party. But insisting on this nonsense about the video is embarrassing.

R155 He has 10.7k Instagram followers. His account is not private - so he is not deleting them.

by Anonymousreply 161April 7, 2018 11:38 PM

For LA Times

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162April 7, 2018 11:53 PM

R161 The video is clearly older than their recent birthday, and it is only posted as an homage. Singing auld lang syne for a friend on THEIR birthday makers no sense to anyone but you. And it took Jon almost a year to get his beard to look relatively normal, here it is clearly shaved. The photo just posted shows clearly that it is not. I can understand that Raul may be able to grow a beard in a matter of hours as opposed to Groff. But insisting on this nonsense about the video is embarrassing.

R162 Wonder if Jon brought his boy toy with him? Maybe Corey tagged along with him to LA for this event. If he did, I am sure Jon will introduce his new primary love interest to Lea. Think there will be another video of Jon and him, but again with Corey off to the side so you have to filter out all of the voices around them to hear the one that might be from NZ?

by Anonymousreply 163April 8, 2018 12:18 AM

R163 You are not serious, but neither funny. Bye.

by Anonymousreply 164April 8, 2018 12:24 AM

R163 You have such a bitter tone to every post you write. Why do you even come on here? You seem miserable.

R162 Excited for this round table - I wonder when it will be posted?

To everyone on here making cynical comments about Groff/Corey, will you stfu if you see other photos/evidence they are together?

by Anonymousreply 165April 8, 2018 12:34 AM

Pretty great that Groff was included amongst the "Emmy Contenders" by the LA Times. Whether or not he gets nominated, that's pretty prestigious.

by Anonymousreply 166April 8, 2018 12:36 AM

R161 Regarding Corey's insta followers - did you see what his count was a couple of days ago? It was 11.6K. Now it is down to 10K. If he's not deleting them, what happened?

by Anonymousreply 167April 8, 2018 1:04 AM

R166 He was included a few years ago for Looking as well.

by Anonymousreply 168April 8, 2018 1:38 AM

R163 That's because this is not a fan site. Bitching is required and every celeb is a potential target.

So STFU and go elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 169April 8, 2018 1:41 AM

R169 Damn, triggered much??

by Anonymousreply 170April 8, 2018 1:44 AM

There's bitching and then there's just relentless nagging of everything without posting anything of substance. All you do is try to negate every other post on here.

by Anonymousreply 171April 8, 2018 1:45 AM

It’s good that he is being included and his name is in the conversation for the Emmys. At least Netflix will do proper campaigning unlike HBO.

by Anonymousreply 172April 8, 2018 1:46 AM

Hahaha R170 "You have such a bitter tone to every post you write. Why do you even come on here? "

Sounds triggered to me, so much you had to whine. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 173April 8, 2018 1:49 AM

Well, R171, if you would stop with the bitchy snark with everyone who doesn't agree, there would be no need for the rest of us to give it back to you.

If you don't like it, stop instigating. So simple.

by Anonymousreply 174April 8, 2018 1:53 AM

R172 Agreed. Hopefully Netflix campaigns hard for Mindhunter this year. It would be great to see them at the Emmy's, even if they don't win.

by Anonymousreply 175April 8, 2018 1:56 AM

When do they announce the Emmy noms?

by Anonymousreply 176April 8, 2018 1:57 AM

July 12th.

by Anonymousreply 177April 8, 2018 1:58 AM

R174 "The rest of you" = you.

I can't wait for more photos of Corey and Groff together so you can eat crow.

by Anonymousreply 178April 8, 2018 2:41 AM

He's back in LA because the table reads for Mindhunter begin soon, and they take place in LA before the crew flies to Pittsburgh.

by Anonymousreply 179April 8, 2018 2:47 AM

R179 Interesting and exciting. I'm in LA, I'll keep a look out for him and Corey. Ha.

by Anonymousreply 180April 8, 2018 2:53 AM

R140 Which guy and his sister are you referring to?

by Anonymousreply 181April 8, 2018 3:38 AM

R181 It seems he's referring to Corey's ex-husband and his ex-husband's sister.

by Anonymousreply 182April 8, 2018 6:17 AM

R179 Thanks. A bittersweet feeling as it starts again and the thread is going into its dead season. At least we had unexpected fun here these last several days. Do you know how long is s2 shooting last?

R182 Yes, I did.

by Anonymousreply 183April 8, 2018 6:21 AM

R167 I don't know that but I think you cannot delete followers from your public account. And why would you? I guess the point of public Instagram is that you want as many people as possible to follow it. His IG has only stuff related to his projects. Are you sure about sudden 1k new followers and its timeline correlation? Could Jonathan really have that much hardcore fans that somehow came across the original IG photo (not the one published in BWW)? Sounds way too much as there is just several people posting on this thread. Today Corey's IG has 10.5k followers and if you are sure it was 10k the other day, maybe ~10% up and down is normal fluctuation for Instagram? Also I think one can send DM to any IG account, not strictly to those the one is following. If I am right, than the whole theory (though interesting) makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 184April 8, 2018 7:18 AM

R184 You can set your account to private and quickly delete followers or block them. I don't know why he'd do that unless he's planning on going private one of these days or if there's another reason.

by Anonymousreply 185April 8, 2018 9:20 AM

R179 Indeed, this thread will go dead in a few weeks. There are always the stylist/production team from Mindhunter who have posted occasionally with Groff during the first season. Mindhunter should really have Groff/Holt/other cast members do takeovers on their instagram sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 186April 8, 2018 9:22 AM

R182 R183 What is the name of the husband? Where did you read it?

by Anonymousreply 187April 8, 2018 11:42 AM

R184 It would depend if he started a new private account for friends and family only based on Jon's direction. Then he would tell those important to him to delete his old account and add themselves to his new one.

by Anonymousreply 188April 8, 2018 12:28 PM

R187 I have a few suspicions, but I would need to know Corey's birthday to confirm as the profiles involved do not seem to be used anymore.

by Anonymousreply 189April 8, 2018 12:40 PM

R189 Just spill it out already!

by Anonymousreply 190April 8, 2018 1:05 PM

R189 I know the birthdate.

by Anonymousreply 191April 8, 2018 3:41 PM

I've noticed that Groff no longer wears his scapula. Haven't seen it since last year when he was wearing it for an interview. Wonder if it is because he might be in a relationship with Corey.

by Anonymousreply 192April 8, 2018 4:19 PM

R192 OH PLEASE!

by Anonymousreply 193April 8, 2018 4:57 PM

R192 Reaching.

by Anonymousreply 194April 8, 2018 5:30 PM

At a ramen place in LA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195April 8, 2018 6:55 PM

They look even better on the second selfie with the waitress R195.

by Anonymousreply 196April 8, 2018 7:41 PM

So who took the pictures...

...Corey!

by Anonymousreply 197April 8, 2018 10:50 PM

R197 Both of those look like selfies but who knows.

by Anonymousreply 198April 9, 2018 12:46 AM

Wonder how much it takes for him to get drunk. The first photo must be at a bar, selfie probably. the second is a selfie for sure. Doubt that Corey is in LA at all.

You have missed this one, zoom left corner. Btw,, Jon's mom looks fat for a PE teacher.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199April 9, 2018 11:09 AM

R199 Is that Groff with his hand over the shoulder of Corey!! great detective work. Jon’s mom is the short is the front. She looks great.

by Anonymousreply 200April 9, 2018 11:29 AM

R199 Nice find - that is indeed Groff's arm around Corey, and I believe that is Corey's Mom in front of Groff's Mom. - which confirms their Moms met. I'd say that's pretty substantial.

by Anonymousreply 201April 9, 2018 11:34 AM

R201 Jon's mom is in front in white smth. The woman next to Jon is probably another teacher, not Corey's mom who has no reason to be there. R200 Looks great for a mom, sweat etc.but not slim & fit for a PE.

by Anonymousreply 202April 9, 2018 11:50 AM

R202 I could argue but I don’t want to drag Jons mom on Datalounge. Already feel guilty with the damage caused to Corey and his brood. Corey is still busy deleting his Insta followers from 12K to 10.2K and still going strong .....

by Anonymousreply 203April 9, 2018 12:18 PM

R303 Think someone said he probably has a new Instagram account for friends and family. May be converting the public one to work-related.

by Anonymousreply 204April 9, 2018 12:33 PM

R201 R202 Jon's Mom has no reason to be in the photo either. And yes, it looks like Corey's Mother and it looks like this may have been a rip for the Mom's to meet.

Keep stanning away fanfraus. Looks like you get your "true love conquers all" story after all. Let the fanfcition commence!

by Anonymousreply 205April 9, 2018 12:42 PM

So Jon has been lying in the press for awhile now about his relationship status. You do not introduce someone to your Mom unless you have being fucking on the side for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 206April 9, 2018 12:44 PM

R205 R206 Jon said in that NZ TV interview that his mom was there with him to teach PE a little bit with students . She was a teacher there as well and therefore on the photo. The woman next to Jon I think works for the school and doesn't look like Corey's mom to me- taller for start.

by Anonymousreply 207April 9, 2018 1:04 PM

Many family members of participating teachers are in the picture. It is not uncommon. They probably helped put a bit too.

by Anonymousreply 208April 9, 2018 1:20 PM

Ok, but this woman is much taller - Corey's mom is short like Jon's. Check.for yourself, photos with corey and tv interview. if you cant find it I will when I come back.

by Anonymousreply 209April 9, 2018 1:29 PM

R209 I was responding to R205 and R206. This is not a mother’s meeting to plan a wedding. Family members are just an extended group. Besides that’s not even Coreys mother, so all the fan fiction can be procrastinated for awhile. Certainly Jon looks comfy with Corey, unlike the welcoming day wherein they looked like strangers to each other.

by Anonymousreply 210April 9, 2018 4:00 PM

R179 When should MH table reads begin in LA? According to a tweet few hours ago Jonathan boarded a Philly-bound train in NY.

by Anonymousreply 211April 9, 2018 7:22 PM

R211 Link to the tweet? R179 Probably didn't know what they were talking about. No evidence of MH table readings in LA unless they can link to something.

by Anonymousreply 212April 9, 2018 9:02 PM

There’s no reason MH would be table-reading in LA. Groff is probably headed home to see his family before s2 rehearsal/filming begins.

by Anonymousreply 213April 9, 2018 9:36 PM

R213 Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 214April 9, 2018 10:05 PM

Lea is going on tour this year and has a stop in Pittsburgh. Wonder if Groff will duet with her like he's done before.

by Anonymousreply 215April 9, 2018 10:29 PM

R212 Link to the tweet. R213 My thoughts the same

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216April 9, 2018 11:04 PM

Alex, who tweeted above, used words “lovely” and “charming” to describe a quick run in with Jon. Not words normally used in a tweet. How does he make such an impression in a few minutes? His sincerity? His focus on the person? Anyone here met him and witnessed this?

Fincher said in an interview that he was “smitten” with Jon after the audition process. I’d like to witness this charm first hand!

by Anonymousreply 217April 10, 2018 12:02 AM

R217 Alex Brightman is a theater actor - he most likely knew Groff or has met him before in the past, thus the "lovely" and "charming" comments.

by Anonymousreply 218April 10, 2018 12:43 AM

They definitely are friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219April 10, 2018 1:24 AM

R215 Man what Lea Michele's career has come to - a tour with Darren Criss.

by Anonymousreply 220April 10, 2018 1:55 AM

R220 To be fair, Darren Criss' career is on fire right now - I don't know why HE is touring with her. It seems like a step down in terms of career moves.

I wonder what she thinks of Groff's career. Obviously she loves him and they are "best friends" but they started off at the same spot - doing Spring Awakening on Broadway, and where they ended up is so vastly different. Groff is on a critically acclaimed show, working with, arguably, one of the best directors of our time. Lea was on a short -lived sitcom that was canceled, and she's touring a bunch of random cities. No doubt it has to do with her bad reputation, and I still wonder how Groff is able to deal with her.

by Anonymousreply 221April 10, 2018 2:06 AM

Corey Baker Instagram is down to 9796 from 12K. Corey is hard at work getting rid of potential fans of his work. Why would he even bother deleting so many....is it not good for his career?

by Anonymousreply 222April 10, 2018 4:19 AM

He's deleting people he doesn't know so he can go private.

by Anonymousreply 223April 10, 2018 4:42 AM

R222 Finally, hard proof. I'll bet there are crazy fans dm-ing and he's had to block them- setting his account to private for a bit,, then putting it back to public.

by Anonymousreply 224April 10, 2018 4:42 AM

Seems foolish to downsize his Instagram profile when he can just keep it as public for his dance troupe, and simply make a new private one. Too much needless work for little payback. Many of those people were probably interested in his dancing prior to him and Jon becoming boyfriends.

What I find more interesting is he no longer posts where he is or where he is headed to. Probably still staying with Jon in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 225April 10, 2018 5:25 AM

R225 That is the biggest indicator something is going on - he's completely stopped posting anything about his whereabouts.

by Anonymousreply 226April 10, 2018 5:38 AM

Something is going on with CBD Instagram but I am with R225, Corey is not deleting followers b/c non-followers can send DMs as well, his IG is still public and has always had only public content. Maybe he did get some crazy DMs from Jon's crazy fans - so maybe he has new IG and his original true followers are moving to it themselves as he is to abandon this one - therefore constant drop in followers. That is also too drastic step to get rid of unwanted attention or DMs if he and Jon had a short, casual affair that aleady ended. In that case, it would be easer to go transparent about his whereabouts, like traveling back to London or to NZ where he has a commission.

by Anonymousreply 227April 10, 2018 8:26 AM

That's ridiculous. He is not dating Prince of England. Don't get me wrong, Groff has a nice career, but he is not a superstar with huge following.

by Anonymousreply 228April 10, 2018 8:28 AM

R227 What would be the logic of him creating another public account? If he does have a private account, no one but his close friend/family would know - not thousands/hundreds of followers.

by Anonymousreply 229April 10, 2018 8:31 AM

R229 Because he only needs public IG to promote his projects. I saw nothing private (BFs, ex) on his current IG.

But I agree with R228 that it is all too drastic for someone only remotely related on an actor of Jon's level of fame. No idea why there is constant drop in CBD followers.

by Anonymousreply 230April 10, 2018 8:36 AM

Corey is obviously removing the following. Which i think is ridiculous. It’s a passing phase, bask in it....what’s the big deal.

by Anonymousreply 231April 10, 2018 11:53 AM

These threads used to be fun, but now people have gone off the rails. Some of us saw a photo, tweet , heard info, commented & moved on. Allows people freedom to feel their boundaries will be respected. We SHOULD all have our own lives to lead.

Others went ham. Sliding into DM's, questioning the tiniest detail, and obsessing over (has to be women) if their mom's met. Then the shock that Corey's deleting followers/trying to go private. He's been shredded, talked about to death, had accusations made about his past marriage. And all over ONE photo. If they aren't together, it's an annoyance. If they're building ng somethimg they

by Anonymousreply 232April 10, 2018 12:29 PM

Need normalcy. Need to know every detail has made them retreat further. And Groff probably will be leery about putting Corey out there again so soon. Just to protect.

by Anonymousreply 233April 10, 2018 12:35 PM

Completely agree. People do this every time Groff is seen with a guy once and then they’re surprised that guy is never seen again. Stop intruding. Corey, like any self-respecting person, does not want followers who only care because he went on ONE DATE with someone. Leave him alone.

by Anonymousreply 234April 10, 2018 1:35 PM

R232 Don't worry, nothing written here ever affects Jon, Corey and anyone other IRL. They don't even know that DL exists. These threads were not funny but almost dead just ten days ago as they will be in a week or so. Get used to different people imagine and prefer things differently. Don't be so dramatic. Do you really think that Jon handles his relationships with DL in mind?

by Anonymousreply 235April 10, 2018 1:37 PM

I’ve just read through this thread and this is my first Jon Groff thread (just got into him recently through “Mindhunter”).

I’m surprised by how emotional this thread is. Almost every post is highly emotional.

by Anonymousreply 236April 10, 2018 1:57 PM

R235 As crazy as people have gotten on here going through anyone's posts that involve, the fact that he needed to remove his post from the photo, folks noting he's deleting followers to go private. Something's been noticed. Don't kid yourself. And take a look from this thread and #15. My post is far from dramatic. It's realistic. May be hard for you to recognize.

by Anonymousreply 237April 10, 2018 1:57 PM

R237 There are other possible explanations. Like that Corey removed his comment b/c he got later angry with the dancer for whatevet reason. And whatever going on with CDB IG is also related to some professional reason, nothing remotely to do with Jon even. I am always amazed that DLers think the world revolves around their posts.

by Anonymousreply 238April 10, 2018 2:30 PM

The Henry Cavill thread actually seems positive and non-toxic compared to this one!

by Anonymousreply 239April 10, 2018 2:53 PM

And can the OP ever actually post a pic of JG in the opening post?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240April 10, 2018 2:55 PM

It's a gossip and bitchery site, not a "feel good and love one another", or "respect the precious privacy of these celebs" site.

Shame you are shocked and bothered by all of the commentary. Suggest you go elsewhere for the feel-good shit.

by Anonymousreply 241April 10, 2018 4:03 PM

R237 Thanks for pointing that out. That really speaks to how Jon feels about Corey. Gay men in love do not hide their relationships from the world once we are out. If Jon is hiding Corey as much as possible, isn't this really a fling instead of love? He isn't that into Corey then.

He didn't hide with Quinto, nor did he hide with Gavin. Corey is just not that big a deal.

by Anonymousreply 242April 10, 2018 4:29 PM

R242

Damn, and i thought they are going to get married and adopt five children.

by Anonymousreply 243April 10, 2018 4:32 PM

R242 Social media wasn't a thing when he was dating Creel, and it was hardly a thing when he was dating Quinto. Also both of them are actors and signed up for the scrutiny. Since Corey has a business to protect, Groff could be more cautious.

by Anonymousreply 244April 10, 2018 4:33 PM

R244

Like, seriously, what business he have to protect? His dancing company won't survive his affair with famous openly gay actor?

by Anonymousreply 245April 10, 2018 4:37 PM

R244 Corey is a gay performer and subject to the same scrutiny. If he were a restauranteer or bookseller or teacher, etc, then I would agree with your logic. But, no, Corey is in the limelight by choice pushing his choreography. He is therefore fair game.

by Anonymousreply 246April 10, 2018 4:38 PM

R245 I would suspect, given the last few posts about how he needs protection, that Corey's ego may not survive the relationship before his career goes under. He will be branded now as Jonathan Groff and Boyfriend and be under heavy scrutiny.

by Anonymousreply 247April 10, 2018 4:41 PM

R242 Taking him to a restaurant and to a dance performance, taking photo... It is hiding?

by Anonymousreply 248April 10, 2018 4:43 PM

R248 So now you are adding fuel to the fire, since the restaurant photo has been highly contested here.

by Anonymousreply 249April 10, 2018 4:45 PM

R247

You really overestimate Groff's fame and fan following. How many people are in this thread? Ten? Groff dated people more famous than him, you think it destroyed his ego?

by Anonymousreply 250April 10, 2018 4:46 PM

[quote]I’m surprised by how emotional this thread is. Almost every post is highly emotional.

Because these posters are fanfraus with no life, direct from tumblr. The intense cyber stalking of everyone seen within 10 miles of J.Groff - check. CSI'ing all social media of anyone tangentially related and making themselves known there - check. Excessive drama abound minutiae - check. Blowing everything out of proportion and posting their wild conjectures as fact (see the "fact" about the mothers) - check. Projecting wildly onto gay men ("he needs protection") - check!

by Anonymousreply 251April 10, 2018 4:48 PM

R250 Um . . . It says "Corey's ego", not Jon's.

by Anonymousreply 252April 10, 2018 4:48 PM

R232 R233 You sound like you know them personally as you seem to be taking it personal.

by Anonymousreply 253April 10, 2018 4:51 PM

R249 Haha I am not talking about the photo with Justin, but the tweet from a waiter who served Jon and a British date

by Anonymousreply 254April 10, 2018 4:51 PM

I would reconsider starting your sentences with "Um..."

Big flashing sign "I'm a fanfrau" right there.

by Anonymousreply 255April 10, 2018 4:51 PM

Oh dear

by Anonymousreply 256April 10, 2018 4:53 PM

If I had a small business, and was starting out, releasing a documentary to promote said documentary - and got a bunch of fangirls dm-ing me, asking invasive questions, and possibly digging into my family/history with ex, it would be a lot at once to deal with. Not necessarily saying Groff is protecting Corey, but being more cautious about photos with him.

by Anonymousreply 257April 10, 2018 4:54 PM

*releasing a documentary to promote said business

by Anonymousreply 258April 10, 2018 4:54 PM

Another flashing sign of fanfrauage : calling complete strangers by their first names

Fun fact: stalking someone's instagram doesn't make you their bosom buddy or an expert on their lives. It only means you're a stalker.

by Anonymousreply 259April 10, 2018 4:56 PM

R252

Well, duh... I know you was talking about Corey's ego, making baseless assumptions that his ego will be destroyed by relationship with more famous man. Well, Groff was in similar situation and somehow survived.

by Anonymousreply 260April 10, 2018 4:58 PM

R257

Of course, relationship with famous person is horrible for promotion of your media projects.

by Anonymousreply 261April 10, 2018 5:00 PM

R257 If Corey's business cannot survive invasive questions, or Jon's fanbase, he needs to jump ship.

by Anonymousreply 262April 10, 2018 5:02 PM

Regardless we will continue to speculate and discuss their fling.

by Anonymousreply 263April 10, 2018 5:05 PM

R259 My, you are taking this very seriously. I doubt they read DL. Or are you implying they do and have adjusted their behaviors because of it?

But of course they don't, especially Jon - by his own admission.

by Anonymousreply 264April 10, 2018 5:10 PM

Nobody’s saying stop speculating, just stop following his account like idiots & alerting him that you know they are dating. It will not help their relationship or friendship.

by Anonymousreply 265April 10, 2018 6:21 PM

All these posts about protection - Jon has to protect Corey, Corey protecting his projects, DL needs to protect privacy of both... = bollocks!

If you forgot: Corey is openly gay in a line of business where it is a norm, Jon is open gay actor who dates guys in public. No need for projection of motherly protection here.

by Anonymousreply 266April 10, 2018 6:31 PM

He did a bit of modelling on Antartica. Looks great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267April 10, 2018 7:08 PM

He’s very handsome. Groff has good taste!

by Anonymousreply 268April 10, 2018 7:26 PM

R267 Not hot, but decent-loooking.

Better than Creel. Not as hot as Hector or Zac.

by Anonymousreply 269April 10, 2018 7:31 PM

I think he’s better-looking than both Hector and Zach but that’s my personal taste.

by Anonymousreply 270April 10, 2018 7:43 PM

R270 To each his own.

by Anonymousreply 271April 10, 2018 7:45 PM

R270 Agree. Better looking than Creel, Zac and Hector. They would look good together, if we ever get a chance....

by Anonymousreply 272April 10, 2018 8:17 PM

R272 Jon makes everyone he is with look good.

Corey not so much. Too schoolboyish. Hot for porn though if his dick was bigger.

by Anonymousreply 273April 10, 2018 8:30 PM

Corey has a horse-like jaw, definitely a downgrade from Gavin and Zach.

by Anonymousreply 274April 10, 2018 8:37 PM

R274 Do people like other people because of a jawline? You sound like a teenager....

by Anonymousreply 275April 10, 2018 9:30 PM

R275 No, he sounds gay. For good or bad, we are tough critics of each other.

by Anonymousreply 276April 10, 2018 9:44 PM

There isn’t actually anything good about being so judgmental about looks that you can find something to pick on someone about who is objectively gorgeous. I am sure no one here is as hot as Corey.

by Anonymousreply 277April 10, 2018 11:14 PM

Not to change the subject off of gorgeous, horse-faced, stunning, porn star, choiir boy, sexy, average, twinkish Corey - but if Jon does not get an Emmy nomination however the show does for something else, does Jon still have to attend the awards show in support? Or can he skip it?

by Anonymousreply 278April 11, 2018 12:02 AM

R278 It would be stupid of him not to attend the Emmy's if Mindhunter was nominated. He's the lead.

by Anonymousreply 279April 11, 2018 12:12 AM

R278 laughing....

by Anonymousreply 280April 11, 2018 12:25 AM

If Mindhunter is nominated in any major categories he will likely attend regardless, but I actually think he is more likely to get a nomination than the show is. Although all the actors are good, I think the only other one who might be nominated is Cameron Britton.

by Anonymousreply 281April 11, 2018 12:45 AM

There is a lot of competition in the drama category for best show. Hopefully Groff gets nominated, but the show may get nominated in other categories - best editing, best production, etc.

by Anonymousreply 282April 11, 2018 12:51 AM

I have often despaired of the bias the Emmy Awards have towards most PPPV stations - Showtime, HBO, Netflix, etc. While it has gotten better over the past 10 years with more noms going their way, it is still disproportionately skewed towards regular cable stations (NBC, CBS, ABC).

by Anonymousreply 283April 11, 2018 1:10 AM

R283 Handmaid's Tale will most likely win.

by Anonymousreply 284April 11, 2018 2:01 AM

R283 Network shows are hardly getting any nominations lately. The critics are predicting “The Americans”, “The Crown”, “Game of Thrones”,, “The Handmaid’s Tale”, “Stranger Things”, “This Is Us”, “Westworld” : NBC is the only network station to have a show consistently nominated.

by Anonymousreply 285April 11, 2018 3:03 AM

R285 That sounds like he Drama category. However for most others, it is still network dominated.

by Anonymousreply 286April 11, 2018 3:07 AM

The comedy predictions are as follows: “Atlanta”, “Better Things”, “Black-ish”, “Curb Your Enthusiasm”, “GLOW”, “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”, “Silicon Valley” : Again only ONE network show - Black-ish on ABC.

by Anonymousreply 287April 11, 2018 3:20 AM

R286 Your info is outdated - look back at the nominations in the past 5 years, most every category is dominated by non network shows. I don't know what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 288April 11, 2018 3:22 AM

Yet another spotting in NYC (the girl is an actress). I guess it is newer than R216. If so, Jonathan is already back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289April 11, 2018 6:15 AM

Corey's insta followers are down in the 9K's now.

by Anonymousreply 290April 11, 2018 6:43 AM

R290 No need to keep track for us. It is irrelevant what he does. If he is foolish enough to privatize his business Instagram account because of DL or because he has been contacted by Jon's fans, then he is a child and deserves to have it fold.

He would have been smarter to leave it alone and keep it business as usual. Just further demonstrates why he is not very successful. Although with Jon helping to push his brand on Broadway, he should get more notice.

by Anonymousreply 291April 11, 2018 11:03 AM

R291 If Jon is smart, he would probably not mix business with pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 292April 11, 2018 11:11 AM

R291 Damn, you are bitter. You must hate your life.

by Anonymousreply 293April 11, 2018 11:25 AM

Though I love Jon's work, I find him to be a bit of a narcissist publicly. He has dated a few very famous guys in the past. I think it would bother him a bit if he was the only important public figure in his relationship. He would need someone equally important, someone equally respected and taken seriously amongst his peers.

Corey too, who publicly appears to have the exact same personality, would not want to be less important and respected than Jon. Jon will therefore have to push Corey's brand among the Broadway crowd at least.

by Anonymousreply 294April 11, 2018 11:27 AM

R293 No, but the only reason we talk about Corey is because of Jon. Otherwise, he is unimportant.

No need to post about his Instagram followers. When they stop dating, he will be forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 295April 11, 2018 11:29 AM

There is still no reason to think that the relationship is serious.

Also, Groff is not dumb or vain enough, in my opinion, to insist upon a partner being famous. Relationships between famous people generally don’t last.

by Anonymousreply 296April 11, 2018 11:39 AM

R291 Are you the self appointed moderator of this thread? R290 can post what he likes. I find it interesting. It’s possible IG is deleting fake followers’ accounts which is something they do. I do not think Corey is deleting them. Why would he?

You’re very dismissive of Corey and his career. I wish him well. I find him bold and imaginative regarding his career. I will follow his career on social media, regardless if he is with Jon.

by Anonymousreply 297April 11, 2018 12:34 PM

R297 I am a fan of Groff and even I sometimes find him egotistical in interviews.

Common in celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 298April 11, 2018 12:42 PM

R297 Although Corey is a part of his life now, does he need to be discussed ad nauseum? I care nothing at all about his career. He is the flavor of the moment like Hector.

This is a Jon Groff thread. Perhaps we should focus on him and not his parade of choir boys?

by Anonymousreply 299April 11, 2018 12:47 PM

R299 Are you crazy?! Bring on the parade of choir boys! We’ll dissect every inch of them.

by Anonymousreply 300April 11, 2018 12:51 PM

R3000 Hahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 301April 11, 2018 12:56 PM

We haven’t seen him with a guy (unless you count Murray) in almost two years, that is not an “endless parade”

by Anonymousreply 302April 11, 2018 5:09 PM

R299 Be our guest. Bring on the gossip about Groff (without Corey). We'd love to hear.

by Anonymousreply 303April 11, 2018 8:09 PM

He's perfect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304April 12, 2018 3:43 AM

R304 Can't wait for that show. Probably the only performances we'll get to see with him in it before Mindhunter 2. Hopefully it's a substantial segment.

by Anonymousreply 305April 12, 2018 4:38 AM

Funny face, looks a bit silly here. Wonder if the beard is going to stay for MH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306April 12, 2018 6:10 AM

R306 Haha, yeah that beard is kinda getting out of control.

They see a lot of shows together - it's cool how Groff keeps in touch with his old friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307April 12, 2018 6:39 AM

I have no doubt the beard is for Mindhunter.

by Anonymousreply 308April 12, 2018 9:44 AM

R308 Agreed. I read the book, and John Douglas has a break down from the stress. They may make Holden look less put together after his panic attack /meltdown in the ending of season 1. But who knows, maybe he's just growing it out before he has to be anal and perfect as Holden again.

by Anonymousreply 309April 12, 2018 10:12 AM

R307 Is this a recent picture? He looks young and delicious

by Anonymousreply 310April 12, 2018 12:05 PM

R306 Have to say, getting tired of the baseball cap. It makes him look juvenile. He is more handsome without it.

by Anonymousreply 311April 12, 2018 8:08 PM

R310 The time stamp is on the photo.

by Anonymousreply 312April 12, 2018 8:35 PM

R311 he is probably wearing it for camouflage.

by Anonymousreply 313April 12, 2018 9:27 PM

R311 Grown men wear caps when it's hot.

by Anonymousreply 314April 12, 2018 9:29 PM

R314 During the day, sure, but not to go out at night to a club.

R313 Maybe, although it may make him stand out if he is in a bar or club at night.

by Anonymousreply 315April 13, 2018 1:37 AM

R189 Some sleuthing has produced 2 possibilities - June 6th, or 10th. Not sure which is accurate although I lean towards the 6th.

R274 I didn't see that before, but I do now.

by Anonymousreply 316April 13, 2018 1:44 AM

He's doing the whole masc bro thing, wearing a ridiculous baseball cap everywhere and dating a twink in his 20s.

by Anonymousreply 317April 13, 2018 2:02 AM

R317 Sure because "masc bro"'s go see Broadway shows every free minute they get and voice Disney movies.

by Anonymousreply 318April 13, 2018 2:11 AM

R317 Corey is 28, Groff is 33. That's not that far off.

by Anonymousreply 319April 13, 2018 2:11 AM

R317 Masc bro and Groff? No.

by Anonymousreply 320April 13, 2018 2:15 AM

R319 Think that is off. The more recent article has him as 28yrs old however past articles place his age at 27. I think he turns 28 this year. But couldn't find a birth year anywhere to confirm.

So assuming 27 for Corey and 33 for Jon. No biggie though.

by Anonymousreply 321April 13, 2018 2:41 AM

R317 I can see that, him attempting to appear both younger and more masculine. Dating someone 6 years your junior does have that effect on men, gay or straight.

by Anonymousreply 322April 13, 2018 2:44 AM

R321 5 years difference at the most - it's not like Corey is 21.

by Anonymousreply 323April 13, 2018 2:44 AM

R323 Whether 5 or 6, it is only a years difference. Just find the articles to be misleading so it's hard to pinpoint, tha's all.

by Anonymousreply 324April 13, 2018 2:47 AM

The obsession to impose deep meaning on everything a celebrity does is another fanfrau alert.

There is no such meaning to Groff wearing snapbacks or whatever. I saw him at Hamilton's stage door face to face, he signed my playbill. He was in a tshirt, khaki shorts and a snapback, and after signing just pedaled away on his bike. This was three years ago, with no "omg! 5 year younger!!!" Corey in sight.

by Anonymousreply 325April 13, 2018 3:10 AM

R325 Here we go again with your complaints. The person who commented said Groff looked "juvenile" with his hat and that he looked better without it. They weren't assigning a lack of meaning behind it.

by Anonymousreply 326April 13, 2018 3:12 AM

R325 I just looked at all of your posts, and every single one of them is a complaint about franfaus. Franfaus this, Franfraus that. Have anything better or interesting to add?

by Anonymousreply 327April 13, 2018 3:14 AM

The beard is gone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328April 13, 2018 3:27 AM

So is the hat.

by Anonymousreply 329April 13, 2018 4:05 AM

Since Jonathan is again being spotted on Broadway shows on a daily basis, I think that Corey has left, guess before Jonathan's one-day trip to LA. He was in NY at least for a week (around 3/25 and 3/30) and not more than 3 weeks (from 3/18 till 4/7). I like Corey and completely agree with R297. Even if he is never again to be seen with Jonathan, he is a finding for me, very interesting guy. And these threads were thriving for a while.

by Anonymousreply 330April 13, 2018 6:51 AM

R330 Agreed. He could be a dancer or choreographer just like any other, but he uses his skills to raise awareness for a worthwhile cause.

by Anonymousreply 331April 13, 2018 7:51 AM

R330 He is forgettable. His choreography is average so nothing to pay attention to once their relationship ends. There are certainly better choreographers in London and New York. Gimmicks may be his only troupe.

Now that someone pointed out the jawline, all I see is horse-face. Cute, but not much else. Just not that interesting.

by Anonymousreply 332April 13, 2018 1:57 PM

Groff as a “masc bro” because he wore a jaunty cap...I’m crying lmao

by Anonymousreply 333April 13, 2018 3:29 PM

Jon as "masc bro" at all has me crying.

by Anonymousreply 334April 13, 2018 5:40 PM

R332 Horse-faced my ass. He has beautiful jawline, nothing to object to. I find him attractive in a bit exotic way, could be b/c of bit of Maori ancestry. Like his sweet and polite personality. Very brave in his choices, like that much. I am not interested in his choreography, but quite impressed with the zest he carries out his crazy ideas. Unfortunately,,his FB seems to turn partly private now- FB checkins are not public anymore, cannot see some photos I think were there before.

by Anonymousreply 335April 13, 2018 6:24 PM

R316 Thanks, that's what I thought.

Not to burst the thread into crazy mode, but someone asked. The former husband's name is Nicholas Keegan.

by Anonymousreply 336April 13, 2018 6:29 PM

R336 I think you are wrong.

by Anonymousreply 337April 13, 2018 6:40 PM

For R337

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338April 13, 2018 8:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339April 13, 2018 8:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340April 13, 2018 8:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341April 13, 2018 8:49 PM

Even frienda concidered them married.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342April 13, 2018 8:51 PM

R337 You got owned.

by Anonymousreply 343April 13, 2018 8:55 PM

R340 Nice handiwork. Thank you for your efforts. Have to say, Corey looks awful in these young pics. Hate that ‘bed hair’ style.

by Anonymousreply 344April 13, 2018 10:46 PM

R274 Wow...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345April 14, 2018 12:00 AM

Not sure this one was posted yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346April 14, 2018 12:07 AM

Anyway, now we know Corey likes the light hair, light-eyed guys.

Great finds R338 !

I get the sense their break-up was bad. There is not a lot out there, and what is was not easy to spot so much has probably been deleted. But for divorce, that is par for the course. Wonder what did it in?

by Anonymousreply 347April 14, 2018 12:16 AM

Wow these threads are knowledgable. John should visit datalounge to get to know his prospective dates better ;)

by Anonymousreply 348April 14, 2018 12:54 AM

R343 Ok, I think you are right, but not from your links - the first two prove nothing actually, cannot open the next two, only from R346 tweet it is clear who the hubby in 2012 was. Corey said in 2016 he was filing for divorce after ~3 years with half-Irish, half-Yorkshire laddie, his quite opposite. A beautiful Brit he brought home then could have been a new BF.

R348 Haha You really dig deep. Keep up with good work guys.

by Anonymousreply 349April 14, 2018 7:27 AM

R332 I am not saying his is a great choreographer (I am no expert in the field). I just find his life and ideas interesting.

R348 Corey might soon get his own thread LOL. Since he turned very private now on his social media, it would be almost as challenging as with Jonathan. Speaking of him, no new spotting in tweets. Does anyone know when he should be in Pittsburgh?

by Anonymousreply 350April 14, 2018 8:09 AM

They start shooting April 30th, so maybe a few days prior.

by Anonymousreply 351April 14, 2018 9:15 AM

We’ll have to rely on the local Pittsburgh fans to tweet pics of Jon eating pancakes alone on Sundays. :-) it seems like he flew under the radar there last year. He has many more fans now from the first season of Mindhunter. Maybe we’ll get pics from street shoots. Will he still run alone in the early morning?

by Anonymousreply 352April 14, 2018 9:41 AM

R352 Because he has more fans, I don't want to know if he continues to run alone. Safety first. There are legit crazy people out there.

by Anonymousreply 353April 14, 2018 9:48 AM

Found a few more

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354April 14, 2018 11:08 AM

Looks like they were together in 2012, so married 4 years at least.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355April 14, 2018 11:19 AM

Another from the husband in 2012

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356April 14, 2018 11:20 AM

Cute exchange

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357April 14, 2018 11:21 AM

Last one. This one is, um ..... little different. They were married for 4 years, right? If it was a joke, I think Corey (and maybe Nick) would have joined in the humor. But make your own judgements.

FYI, Joe Hornsby had a boyfriend at the time whom he is still with who also never joins with a tweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358April 14, 2018 11:40 AM

The above leads me to ask if maybe Corey and his husband were open? Corey was away quite a bit for work. So maybe whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas? From the tweets back and forth between him and his husband at the time, he had only been gone from home for a few days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359April 14, 2018 11:42 AM

Corey needs his own thread. This isn't his show.

by Anonymousreply 360April 14, 2018 1:30 PM

R360 That's what I suggest too. Because R358 is a gem. Hashtags and comments are hilarious. #team10inch, yeah, right, haha. And Corey "how can all this be deleted" clueless. Precious.

by Anonymousreply 361April 14, 2018 3:26 PM

R361 Nope. I meant all this over one photo with Jonathan Groff? This dude has taken over this thread. He needs his own so the newly obsessed can fawn over him there.

by Anonymousreply 362April 14, 2018 4:28 PM

16 threads of Jonathan Groff! Have the same people been in each thread?

by Anonymousreply 363April 14, 2018 4:35 PM

Think Groff is visiting London for the ‘big’ ravel? What is the mention about netflix and chill”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364April 17, 2018 4:17 PM

R364 Possible Groff might head to UK, but I'm assuming he's referring to his "bff" in the photo as "bae".

by Anonymousreply 365April 17, 2018 4:45 PM

R364 He might want to jump on a plane after looking at that picture of Corey!

by Anonymousreply 366April 17, 2018 5:26 PM

R365 That would be the logical conclusion, but watching the movie with the crew is to be expected. Nothing to mention there. The caption is very carefully crafted to allude at someone and something but still look casual at the same time. And what’s that about netflix!

by Anonymousreply 367April 17, 2018 6:28 PM

To add to R367 .....the movie is still 5 days away. Why would ‘bae’ come around for the movie premiere , almost a week earlier !!

by Anonymousreply 368April 17, 2018 6:31 PM

Jon and Lea in Ft Lauderdale. Wasn’t sure it was new picture but Lea just posted on IG that she’s in Ft Lauderdale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369April 17, 2018 7:08 PM

R369 There is a photo of them together on her instastories. Groff's hair looks HUGE. haha

by Anonymousreply 370April 17, 2018 7:56 PM

Here it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371April 17, 2018 7:57 PM

Apparently there's a show in FL with some of the kids from Parkland performing Spring Awakening. Many of the original Broadway cast are there including Groff and Lea.

by Anonymousreply 372April 17, 2018 8:19 PM

Update: The actual run for the show doesn't start until May - some student on twitter are saying the original cast is going there for a workshop of some sort to work with the kids before the show.

by Anonymousreply 373April 17, 2018 8:25 PM

Some pics from upcoming Lincoln Center show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374April 17, 2018 8:55 PM

He's busy. Netflix and chilledwatching a private view of Corey's movie, then off to Florida?

Bae has never meant bff.

by Anonymousreply 375April 17, 2018 9:19 PM

R375 Not true. Plenty of people refer to their bff's as bae.

by Anonymousreply 376April 17, 2018 9:23 PM

Groff is in Florida with Lea apparently so probably not.

by Anonymousreply 377April 17, 2018 9:37 PM

^^^That was meant to be a response to the question about whether Groff would go to London. For some reason DL wasn’t showing me the previous dozen posts when I posted that.

by Anonymousreply 378April 17, 2018 9:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379April 18, 2018 1:52 AM

R379 Nice find. She must be insufferably annoying. Lauren Pritchard looks like she's done with her.

by Anonymousreply 380April 18, 2018 2:35 AM

She's doing it for supplemental income. The others have done it. She was always too good for it lol

by Anonymousreply 381April 18, 2018 2:45 AM

R381 I can't imagine they are getting paid much for this. She probably didn't want to be left out. I notice the whole cast follow each other on insta except for her.

by Anonymousreply 382April 18, 2018 2:53 AM

Why is his hair so long?

by Anonymousreply 383April 18, 2018 3:24 AM

Tons of new Groff photos and press coverage, and silence here?

by Anonymousreply 384April 19, 2018 2:25 AM

Jon with other OBC of Spring Awakening supporting Parkland shooting survivors who are rehearsing a local Spring Awakening. The fourth picture is touching. Jon is holding hands with the student who is playing his role. That student has become a leader in the student gun violence movement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385April 19, 2018 2:58 AM

For awhile, unless a paying poster, you were unable to comment. Check your settings & # of visits. Everyone was taken to zero. There was a thread about it. Dunno why we can comment now, but not complaining.

by Anonymousreply 386April 19, 2018 3:05 AM

Looking great. Great comments as well. Damn, he’s tireless. Flew to FL yesterday, flew back today, seeing a show tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387April 19, 2018 3:15 AM

This photo reminds me, bet the no smiling will make a comeback as he prepares for & starts the Mindhunter grind. Boo, but I get it.

by Anonymousreply 388April 19, 2018 3:33 AM

NYT article. Short quote by Jon where i think he’s alluding to the fact that he didn’t know what he was doing during the sex scene with lea Michelle in Spring Awakening. I imagine he got the hang of it after awhile. Haha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389April 19, 2018 3:40 AM

Jon’s included in this group of tv actors who get teamed up with another actor and have a taped conversation. The show won an Emmy, I’ve never seen it. He’s teamed up with Maggie Gyllenhaal who seems intelligent and articulate. Perfect pairing i think. I’m looking forward to this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390April 19, 2018 3:55 AM

R390 Great find, I actually wrote Variety and suggested Groff for one of these. I can't wait to watch his episode - he's a great listener, and I'll bet he asked great questions.

by Anonymousreply 391April 19, 2018 3:57 AM

R388 He looks less goofy and hotter when he does the closed mouth smile. Don't mind it.

by Anonymousreply 392April 19, 2018 4:16 AM

There's got to be a story behind the Mets hat.

by Anonymousreply 393April 19, 2018 4:20 AM

R393 He once told a story about how he always wears that orange cap (Giants?) because he likes the colors. It's a Mets hat and he lives in NY - what would the story be?

by Anonymousreply 394April 19, 2018 4:38 AM

R394 Where did you hear that story? The orange cap was a Broncos cap that he wore on Looking. His character was supposed to be a Denver native.

by Anonymousreply 395April 19, 2018 4:43 AM

R395 I can't remember - it was from a while back. It was an interview where he said people come up to him and comment on the hat like he's a fan of the Broncos, but he likes the hat because of the colors.

by Anonymousreply 396April 19, 2018 4:53 AM

R389 Great article.

by Anonymousreply 397April 19, 2018 6:43 AM

R365 People may lose their minds, but why is there belief that Corey went back 'home'. He may moved & have his own apt in nyc. Would explain the bae came round comment & would make it easier for them.

He's a choreographer. A move to NY wouldn't be unheard of.

by Anonymousreply 398April 19, 2018 10:15 AM

R398 his Antarctica dance thing is airing in a few days; he’d definitely go back home to promote that.

Also, there is still no evidence that that was anything but a fling. We’ll probably never see them together again, but if he does show up again in the future we can discuss further.

by Anonymousreply 399April 19, 2018 10:31 AM

R398 Not losing my mind, but Corey has a dance studio in the UK, and it would take longer than a few months to move everything over to NYC. Seeing as though he doesn't seem to make a steady income outside of his choreography, it would be extremely hard to make enough money to afford an apartment in NYC unless he's staying at Groff's. Still possible it could've been a fling/FWB.

by Anonymousreply 400April 19, 2018 11:10 AM

R400 Corey just isn't that successful. His Antarctica movie short is not being discussed among the US dance crowd who do not seem to care this guy exists.

Even in Britain he isn't know for anything but a few staged public dance performances and being a charmer with the other male dancers. That is not not enough to give him substantial work in either country.

And for a guy who has been doing these kind of traveling performances for the past 5 years, he hasn't gone very far with his business except to be on a few minor dance councils/boards and teaching some classes. Honestly, he has the most popularity in NZ.

by Anonymousreply 401April 19, 2018 1:09 PM

Unless Groff decides to become a PR rep for Corey by pushing his brand among his friends, Corey will have to do it himself which is difficult in for even the best already set up in NYC.

In the US, they like more traditional choreography, less public dance numbers. In Britain, NZ, and Australia, Corey's traveling show will have more play and better chance to lead somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 402April 19, 2018 1:19 PM

R365 They met at the end of January. Jon would be monumentally foolish to let this guy who he barely knows move into his home even if some of Jon's newer friends (Luke di Somma) give Corey a stellar recommendation. Who knows how this guy was to his ex-husband, especially when he admits in a press briefing he just wanted a Visa from the marriage.

I bet Groff hasn't even hired someone to look into Corey's history to get the full story of why Corey married, and why it really ended. Also Jon has what is probably a small fortune as well as a brand he has worked hard at to build. It would be incredibly embarrassing to Jon publicly and privately if Corey turned out to be a manipulative, cheating social climber. Jon has things to protect from potential sycophants and predators.

Corey's Instagram followers have gone up by the way. So already he is gaining notice and popularity by association with Jon, which may have been the real reason for being seen with him.

by Anonymousreply 403April 19, 2018 1:27 PM

E403 Let's not forget Corey was chosen as a mentor in the Christchurch program before they met. He must've been somewhat vetted and respected enough to be a part of that program.

by Anonymousreply 404April 19, 2018 1:54 PM

R403 Do you hire someone to check your date's past? Jeez. And what could have Corey done even if he had slept over in Jon's studio - not saying he did, just speaking hypotetically? Steal smth?

Corey IG followers have gone down btw. No evidence he is obusing association with Jon. Contrary, looks like Corey wants to delete it. Who knows, he might have BF in London and no interest in Jon at all apart for a new NY based friend. Regarding his recent post, my 2c to simlest reading: Corey is in London & bea= bff, probably the girl in the photo.

by Anonymousreply 405April 19, 2018 1:58 PM

R404 Or a native who happens to be good friends with another native and willing to come there to teach.

Hiring someone who is local but not famous would be cheaper than trying to afford all headliners.

by Anonymousreply 406April 19, 2018 3:06 PM

Cute video.

On another note, while I am certain he is not a gun advocate, given he went down with the other former cast members, I have often wondered if he is not fairly conservative in his views. Given his upbringing that is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407April 19, 2018 3:10 PM

R407 He votes democratic. Heavily supported Quinto working at polls to get Obama in. Thankfulness expressed to Obama for helping the gay community. Sang at gala fundraisers for Hilary.

by Anonymousreply 408April 19, 2018 3:23 PM

Traditional Mennonites don’t vote at all so he may have no political upbringing.

by Anonymousreply 409April 19, 2018 8:03 PM

Interesting updates on Mindhunter 2 including additional directors. I’m relieved to read that World War Z 2 is delayed. I want Fincher focused on Groff and not Brad Pitt! (Although i LOVED World War Z). Not sure if it’s in this article but the first and last episodes will be two hours and they’ll be directed by Fincher.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410April 19, 2018 8:23 PM

Great post about Jon. But I’m confused. Guy lives in Pittsburgh and this happened last night. Thought Jon saw a show last night in NY. Did he see a matinee and then fly to Pittsburgh? Did he really fly in from FL, see a show, fly to Pittsburgh in one day? I’m exhausted thinking about this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411April 19, 2018 8:51 PM

R407 0% chance his views are "fairly conservative".

R410 Great article.

R411 Strange timing - although the matinee and flying into Pittsburgh could be possible.

by Anonymousreply 412April 19, 2018 9:04 PM

Sweet photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413April 19, 2018 9:22 PM

Pittsburgh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414April 19, 2018 11:26 PM

R414 Nice find! The work has begun. Hopefully we'll get fan posts like that while he's shooting, but this thread will probably hibernate for a while while he's shooting.

by Anonymousreply 415April 19, 2018 11:30 PM

Who the heck is the girl in the pic?

by Anonymousreply 416April 19, 2018 11:59 PM

R416 Probably someone on production. Could be anyone - a writer, set designer, wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 417April 20, 2018 12:59 AM

R417 has to be someone fairly important to be the only other one there. A writer, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 418April 20, 2018 1:04 AM

R417 Definitely. Or could be Groff/Fincher's assistant.

by Anonymousreply 419April 20, 2018 1:09 AM

Good for him for getting some one on one time in with Fincher. It seems that Fincher will be directing two full two hour episodes, so Jon is basically about to film two David Fincher films.

by Anonymousreply 420April 20, 2018 3:41 AM

You can definitely tell the differences between the episodes Fincher directs in season 1. Very excited to see where the character goes in season 2.

by Anonymousreply 421April 20, 2018 4:07 AM

Wondering if Holden will stop wearing only suits on the show for season 2. Hoping for some tight bell bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 422April 20, 2018 5:28 AM

R414 Jon will have to get used to more candid shots like that as he gets more famous.

by Anonymousreply 423April 20, 2018 7:12 AM

R423 he will never know such shots exist unless he goes online and searches himself, which I doubt he does.

by Anonymousreply 424April 20, 2018 11:30 AM

R424 His publicist might keeps tabs.

by Anonymousreply 425April 20, 2018 11:57 AM

Anyone watching the PBS special tonight?

by Anonymousreply 426April 20, 2018 7:57 PM

He's gonna get laid so much in Pittsburgh now that the gays know Mindhunter is filmed there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427April 21, 2018 12:04 AM

R426 watching it right now.

by Anonymousreply 428April 21, 2018 1:00 AM

R428 Jealous , I'm on the west coast I have to wait 3 hours. Hoping the Groff section is substantial.

by Anonymousreply 429April 21, 2018 1:04 AM

R429 We are half way through and no sign of Groff. I think he will be in the finale act. Will let you know.

by Anonymousreply 430April 21, 2018 1:28 AM

I think I just saw Corey in the audience...

............kidding!!!!

by Anonymousreply 431April 21, 2018 1:36 AM

R431 Haha

by Anonymousreply 432April 21, 2018 1:36 AM

Finally 37 min later....

by Anonymousreply 433April 21, 2018 1:39 AM

7min is all he gets.....pissed

by Anonymousreply 434April 21, 2018 1:46 AM

R434 7?! Wtf.

by Anonymousreply 435April 21, 2018 1:58 AM

A cartwheel! I’m impressed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436April 21, 2018 2:23 AM

R436 Impressive!!

by Anonymousreply 437April 21, 2018 2:55 AM

Just watched the show - it was pretty bland except for Groff's part. The room came alive when he got on the stage. It should've been much longer.

by Anonymousreply 438April 21, 2018 5:30 AM

Another clip

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439April 21, 2018 5:39 AM

R427 You mean he'll get laid even more.

Doubt he's ever had a problem getting laid.

by Anonymousreply 440April 21, 2018 10:52 AM

Promising start in Pittsburgh this time - hoping for more creepy photos like R414. Is it typical for Fincher to have two weeks 1:1 with a lead? Are the other actors already there? Cannot recall any other tv show with 2h episodes. It's like they are shooting 2 movies + tv show. Is there any timeframe for s2 shooting? Or it may take as long as Fincher wants?

by Anonymousreply 441April 21, 2018 2:36 PM

There's never a timeframe on Fincher projects. He can do a billion takes of each scene and they can be there for a year. He's most likely going to shoot the two two hours episodes first, and that can be at least 3 weeks to a month.

by Anonymousreply 442April 21, 2018 5:21 PM

The other two directors will be doing the other 6 episodes. Hopefully they’ll move along at a quicker pace. It’s supposed to be over by 12-20-18. I thought I’d add the year since this is Fincher we’re talking about. Haha

by Anonymousreply 443April 21, 2018 6:10 PM

Here’s the full Groff part. He is for sure the triple threat!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444April 21, 2018 6:37 PM

R441 Groff being the lead, and being in almost every scene, I'm sure it isn't unusual that Fincher is meeting with him one on one. Though, it's probably more of a casual, "let's get a drink and catch up" type thing since it is at a bar and there are people like the guy who took the photo sitting around listening.

by Anonymousreply 445April 21, 2018 8:15 PM

R444 Thank you for the youtube link - I'll be replaying that.

by Anonymousreply 446April 21, 2018 8:16 PM

He is in London and Corey's film out today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447April 22, 2018 4:02 PM

R447 great find! I just found this. Sooo... Corey is still happening. Wow. Didn’t expect that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448April 22, 2018 4:32 PM

All I want to say is.......Told you so...

by Anonymousreply 449April 22, 2018 5:14 PM

So as i said, bae was never bff as others claimed and netflixchills meant something.....i am elated, not because they are together but because, my prediction was correct all along.....

by Anonymousreply 450April 22, 2018 5:16 PM

R447 R448 my heart can’t take this. corey is grinning ear to ear.....this is explosive.

by Anonymousreply 451April 22, 2018 5:20 PM

Here is link to Corey’s dance. What do you think about it? Totally unimpressed. Feels like a high school project. Waste of a grant. If feel Jon traveled all the way to london for this stuff, he must be a very supportive ‘bae’.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452April 22, 2018 5:52 PM

Okay, NOW we can talk about Corey potentially being serious. I must say I did not expect this!

by Anonymousreply 453April 22, 2018 6:15 PM

Corey on earth day....jon must be around somewhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454April 22, 2018 6:23 PM

So with his newly minted boyfriend present and accounted for, Corey will get much more publicity now.

Good thing Corey stayed with Jon. His career asperirations can take off now that he is attached to Jon's star.

by Anonymousreply 455April 22, 2018 6:27 PM

What exposure could he possibly get from Jonathan, who keeps his private life locked up and doesn't participate in social media? An occasional appearance on a red carpet or two?

by Anonymousreply 456April 22, 2018 6:30 PM

R452 No, it was not very good. And the low turnout for the release, plus lack of interest on Twitter and Instagram is very telling. Jon's presence though will get a lot of play. Especially once the fangirls of Twitter realize they are in a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 457April 22, 2018 6:31 PM

KNEW IT. I hope everyone here questioning Corey a couple of weeks back are eating their words.

Expecting to see Corey sightings in Pittsburgh now.

This thread is about to get exciting.

by Anonymousreply 458April 22, 2018 6:53 PM

R448 Corey is not hiding any of this either - he retweeted that photo you linked of the Hamilton actor with both Corey and Groff in the photos.

by Anonymousreply 459April 22, 2018 6:57 PM

So he flew from Pittsburgh to London to sit in an empty auditorium and watch a bad dance video? He must be dick whipped.

by Anonymousreply 460April 22, 2018 7:02 PM

R460 It says a lot about Groff that he's willing to fly that far for a guy who is just starting off, and not for some fancy premiere. Hopefully there are more photos of them together.

by Anonymousreply 461April 22, 2018 7:08 PM

R459 No he didn’t! link please. R460 lol.... At this point i would not be surprised to see Corey at some formal events along with Jon. Jon is quite aware of the limited dance talents of this man but yet continues to be impressed by him!! It’s going to get interesting. Corey is all talk, that dance is a joke. Hate to see someone who appears to care about the environment ruin this opportunity by wasting the grant money which could have been utilised somewhere else, and wasting the resources that it took to make this movie.

by Anonymousreply 462April 22, 2018 7:11 PM

I doubt it was that expensive of a grant. And for someone in their 20s this is not unimpressive work. Can you think of many choreographers in their 20s who are doing much more?

by Anonymousreply 463April 22, 2018 7:15 PM

R462 I can't link a retweet - look at @CoreyBakerDance's tweets.

by Anonymousreply 464April 22, 2018 7:16 PM

Are we actually saying Groff would only date someone who is massively successful - financially or otherwise? He has always said the most important thing in a guy is someone he can spend hours talking to. That's probably what they have. Happy he found someone , finally.

by Anonymousreply 465April 22, 2018 7:18 PM

R460 my thoughts exactly.

Didn't Groff complain a few years ago in an interview that he falls in love too quickly without taking the time to know the person and be friends first? Seems he he hasn't learned his lesson yet.

by Anonymousreply 466April 22, 2018 7:23 PM

R466 They spent weeks in NZ as mentors, and most likely became friends through that experience. Sometimes when you know you know.

by Anonymousreply 467April 22, 2018 7:25 PM

R467 Nope, just one week. But them they screwed their way across AU for a few weeks in February.

Clearly Jon is the "leap before eyou look" type.

by Anonymousreply 468April 22, 2018 7:31 PM

R468 He hasn't had a serious boyfriend in 5+ years. If he finds Corey worth flying across the world for, he probably finds something special/different about him.

by Anonymousreply 469April 22, 2018 7:37 PM

You make me chuckle the way some of you try to spin something into a negative.

We don't support our loved ones' work on the condition that the work is good.

Groff had to spend time in London? How positively dreadful! How low can he go? He'll probably punch a baby next, at Cory's behest.

And what is he "leaping" into? Spending time with someone? Fucking their brains out?

by Anonymousreply 470April 22, 2018 7:40 PM

R464 could not find it, hence the question. R463 ....Jon can date whoever he likes talent or not....but please don’t try to sell Antartica as impressive work. And talking about people doing impressive work in their 20’s- groff was a very impressive 20 yr old. Corey is all talk....a good marketing guy , but this hype about Antartica is too much to handle. I rewatched it several times and it still is a bad movie. it speaks nothing of environment or quality dance...i feel for the dancer though, freezing her ass. Good for Jon though....they can talk all night about how to dance in Himalayas.

by Anonymousreply 471April 22, 2018 7:51 PM

R470 Yes to everything! A little side note....I can’t find Corey’s private FB now but i did before and he had posted that he was coming to NY in December 2017 (prior to NZ but not sure of dates) and was looking for a place to sleep. I checked this thread and Jon was in NY at that same time. So it’s possible they met in NY at that time knowing they would be mentors together in NZ. So there’s that for what it’s worth.

by Anonymousreply 472April 22, 2018 7:57 PM

R471 It speaks nothing of the environment? What about the writing at the end stating that while you watched the video 860,000 tons of Antarctica ice melted? Or how about how it showcased the incredible beauty of Antarctica? Earth day is about celebrating the beauty of nature and bringing awareness to its destruction. The dancer, the choreography, and the music in addition to the scenery combine to make a beautiful video.

by Anonymousreply 473April 22, 2018 8:34 PM

R473 one sentence in the end does not make the movie about environment. i have studied art and work in advertising , this is plain bullshit. you want to see beauty of antartica, just watch some on Nat-geo. If you were to see this video without the end credit you would not even know that this is for earth day. besides no one would have looked at this video if it was not for corey seen with jon. anyways this debate is endless.

by Anonymousreply 474April 22, 2018 9:02 PM

R472 is this what you talking about?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475April 22, 2018 9:06 PM

R465 I agree - Groff does not care about fame or fortune in a partner.

R471 I said name a CHOREOGRAPHER in his/her 20s who is doing something bigger for a reason. Many young people (such as Groff) are naturally talented performers. Creating a body of original work in any art form, however, takes more time and effort. Most choreographers do not become well known until much later in life.

by Anonymousreply 476April 22, 2018 9:10 PM

R475 Yes that’s it! Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 477April 22, 2018 9:18 PM

R476 Groff could get set up on dates with much more successful people. He's repped by WME, and I'm sure has friends hooking him up with all kinds of successful people. The fact that he finds Corey interesting enough to start a long distance relationship says something about Corey.

by Anonymousreply 478April 22, 2018 9:18 PM

R471 Scroll down a ways for the retweet from Corey.

by Anonymousreply 479April 22, 2018 9:19 PM

Groff has already dated famous celebrities who turned out to be dicks. He’s just looking for a nice guy, and Corey seems sweet. He’s also not a leech without a job or interests of his own & he doesn’t seem like a famewhore.

This is a promising development.

by Anonymousreply 480April 22, 2018 9:23 PM

Go groff! I think I like this Corey guy. I just watched the bloopers. He seems like a cool fun guy. I think he and Corey have similar personalities.

by Anonymousreply 481April 22, 2018 9:32 PM

R480 Exactly.

Watched Corey's movie - there are a few things I noticed. The average temperature in Antarctica is 30 degrees F. For a dancer to be dancing in that kind of temperature for (most likely) hours to get all of that coverage is impressive. That wasn't communicated, so it may have seemed "easy" for that dancer to be dancing in that temperature, but it's not. That being said, I wish her costume would've been more creative, and if there was more than one dancer, it would've made more of an impact. Still, some of the shots were stunning, and good on Groff for taking the time off to support Corey. Wouldn't we all want a partner/friend/family member so supportive?

by Anonymousreply 482April 22, 2018 9:34 PM

R460 It's actually the worse kept secret in NY. Groff has always been easily dick-whipped if a guy is good in bed and can keep him emotionally guessing. Quinto was a perfect example of what Groff likes best in a guy.

by Anonymousreply 483April 22, 2018 10:11 PM

R482 Wait... they're partners? Jon and Corey DO move fast. Maybe Groff feels his biological clock is ticking and he wants Corey to be the other daddy to the litter he will produce. They will live in wedding bliss in the UK with frequent trips to beautiful NZ so Corey can keep working.

That or Corey must suck a mean dick for Groff to fall in love THAT quickly.

Although flying to your sweetheart's dance movie premier does prove they are in a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 484April 22, 2018 10:28 PM

R484 I just used "partner" as an example of someone who we'd all like in our lives to be so supportive. Who knows what they are, but Groff is about to film Mindhunter, so if they were just friends, I doubt he would've flown halfway across the world for a 5 minute film.

It's been a couple of months since that NZ mentorship program. Hasn't anyone met someone they got excited about and wanted to spend every day with them? It doesn't have to mean you're "falling in love", but that you're in that stage of the start of a relationship (or whatever it is) where you just want to see/feel/hear that person all of the time. It just makes it all of the more dramatic when that person lives in a country on the other side of the world, and you're stuck in Pittsburgh for most of the year.

by Anonymousreply 485April 22, 2018 10:34 PM

R483 Quinto WAS the perfect example = the operative word

Groff is smart & smart people don’t make the same mistakes repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 486April 22, 2018 10:58 PM

R483 Wow, he does remind me of Quinto. Same pretensious, same sleazy rep when it comes to guys.

by Anonymousreply 487April 22, 2018 10:58 PM

I think Groff flying to London for this is very romantic. He must be smitten. I’m rooting for them!

by Anonymousreply 488April 22, 2018 10:59 PM

R488 It is romantic.

I can't wait to hear if Corey will make a visit to Pittsburgh.

by Anonymousreply 489April 22, 2018 11:11 PM

Corey Baker - Well known as a great guy to know, but you don't want him dating your brother.

Cheated on hubby back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 490April 22, 2018 11:16 PM

AHEM......

Corey & Jon? Called it.

by Anonymousreply 491April 22, 2018 11:35 PM

R450 Great minds think alike.

by Anonymousreply 492April 22, 2018 11:40 PM

Hi R490 - do you know Corey? We want more details.

As they both live in different countries, doubtful this will be a monogamous arrangement.

by Anonymousreply 493April 22, 2018 11:48 PM

Very happy for them! Happy for anyone who finds love when they're searching for it. Wonder how some of the fans here are taking the news. The boyfriend in their head now has a man of his own. Hasn't happened in years! Will this thread go silent?

by Anonymousreply 494April 23, 2018 12:10 AM

R494 Haha "the boyfriend in their head". This thread will definitely not go silent.

by Anonymousreply 495April 23, 2018 12:11 AM

Theory: Will Corey stay at Groff's NYC apartment for a bit while Groff is in Pittsburgh??

by Anonymousreply 496April 23, 2018 12:17 AM

R462 The film demonstrates how over-hyped, mediocre choreography can defeat the best effort and noblest intentions.

R482 Any talented cinematographer can film even the most horrid dance performances in a beautiful way. Pare them with a highly skilled video editor and voila - you have a pretty film. But the dancing is not very original or inspiring. And the uniqueness of the location does not improve his lack of talent in choreography.

by Anonymousreply 497April 23, 2018 12:20 AM

R496 According to his Facebook, he's going on tour throughout the UK and New Zealand post film premiere, so no, I think Jon will be lucky if he even comes visit him in Pittsburgh.

by Anonymousreply 498April 23, 2018 12:21 AM

R498 Interesting. Excited to follow where this goes.

by Anonymousreply 499April 23, 2018 12:23 AM

before a new thread #17 begins ..,a blast from the past. loved jon in looking. love looking

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500April 23, 2018 12:30 AM

R497 It will get PR because of who his boyfriend is. Otherwise it will be forgotten.

R498 Groff has more money and will do most of the travelling. So whenever there is a break, he will jet off to see his "bae".

by Anonymousreply 501April 23, 2018 12:30 AM

R501 Just checked and very few are tweeting about it. So even with a Groff sighting, it isn't enough to drum up interest.

by Anonymousreply 502April 23, 2018 12:32 AM

R497 agree. i like Corey. He is interesting but really his work does not speak for himself. No one cares about Corey’s Antartica dance even with Groff showing up. That says a lot about what he created.

On another note, I noticed twitter is still about Sutton foster and groff Lincoln Center show. And here we are at datalounge way ahead of the game. Wonder if there will be a breakthrough tweet.

by Anonymousreply 503April 23, 2018 12:41 AM

I care more that Groff has found a man, than I care about how successful his man is (or isn't).

R498 Facetime. Helping long distance couples everywhere.

ALSO, waiting for someone, in denial, to say since there aren't any pic, he was probably just in London for Mindhunter press.

by Anonymousreply 504April 23, 2018 12:42 AM

R498 link please

by Anonymousreply 505April 23, 2018 12:46 AM

R490 On the other hand, Groff has a reputation in NYC and LA for being a tease. He is notorious for blowing guys he goes on dates with, or just sleeps with, off. He is well known for being impossible to get involved with. To the point where he is not that well regarded as dating material by many. WELL LOVED for being a charmer, but not so great to date.

He takes playing hard to get to a whole new level.

by Anonymousreply 506April 23, 2018 12:50 AM

R506 Perhaps they have both run through all if the eligible guys within the entertainment field in their respective countries and are now looking over seas for fresh prospects?

by Anonymousreply 507April 23, 2018 12:57 AM

R503 Corey is ok, but honestly nothing to write home about.

His history is common - quit school, left home, sought fortunes in dancing ( insert "music" or "acting" in place of "dancing"), travelled with small tour groups for awhile, openned own choreography company (insert "music" or "acting"), etc.

His looks are cute but not amazing

His talent is average.

Certainly nothing that Groff couldn't find closer to home.

by Anonymousreply 508April 23, 2018 1:06 AM

Y'all are forgetting an important distinction here. Groff is private with his personal life because of his conservative family. The fact that his Mom and Corey's Mom met and most likely became friends adds another layer to this.

by Anonymousreply 509April 23, 2018 1:13 AM

R508 I know this might seem like a WILD reason to be with someone, but maybe his personality is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 510April 23, 2018 1:20 AM

R510 Yeah imagine that. Groff could have his pick of a more attractive, more talented dancer, but he's choosing to spend his time with Corey. Don't understand why people on here can't trust Groff's judgment and think there's a "better" guy out there for him.

by Anonymousreply 511April 23, 2018 1:26 AM

R509 Enough with their moms! What's with you? I've been with someone where our moms did become good friends. Still didn't work out. They'll be the reason if they make it, not their moms.

by Anonymousreply 512April 23, 2018 1:35 AM

There’s been a constant theme in these threads of certain people saying whoever Groff spends time with isn’t good enough for him but when asked who WOULD be good enough for him nobody has an answer.

Do they just want him to be single forever?

by Anonymousreply 513April 23, 2018 1:35 AM

R512 Relax, no need to get uppity - what's with YOU? I was just bringing up the fact that that could be a factor in Groff feeling a bit at ease with Corey and finding him a bit more special because their moms have met. I can't imagine with Groff's mom living in rural Penn., she ever gets a chance to meet his date's parents. That's gotta be a huge ice breaker right there from the beginning.

R513 Exactly. People go on and on and shit on Corey that he's not good enough, but they can't come up with a better person for him.

by Anonymousreply 514April 23, 2018 1:39 AM

It turns out Leslie (the guy from Hamilton West End who posted that photo earlier) is friends with Corey. Look in the comments of that instagram. "Mutual friend".

by Anonymousreply 515April 23, 2018 1:40 AM

I'd say Corey is the best looking of Groff's bfs (that we know of). Some would rate him as more photogenic than Groff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516April 23, 2018 1:40 AM

R516 Hector was the best looking. Then Quinto. Then Cody when he was young. Then Corey. Then Gavin.

Corey has a weird horsey face. And it looks much worse when shaved.

by Anonymousreply 517April 23, 2018 1:43 AM

R516 Agreed, and he has a similar fun personality to Groff's. I would also imagine getting to watch someone mentor kids your craft is attractive. I could see Groff watching Corey teaching dance and finding that trait rare and similar to his own love of mentoring.

by Anonymousreply 518April 23, 2018 1:44 AM

Quinto was better looking?! No accounting for taste...

by Anonymousreply 519April 23, 2018 1:47 AM

R519 Quinto is a creep.

by Anonymousreply 520April 23, 2018 1:49 AM

R519 right? I am LMAO at that preposterous claim!

by Anonymousreply 521April 23, 2018 1:57 AM

I’ve said it before & I’ll say it again: this is why Groff doesn’t share his personal life. The scrutiny & unfair extreme criticism from some of his stans simply is not worth it.

by Anonymousreply 522April 23, 2018 1:59 AM

R522 Hopefully he doesn't give a fuck anymore and just lives his life. He doesn't seem to be hiding his trip to London, he was taking photos with fans at Corey's event - someone posted that people met him and were posting it on the Hamilton FB group.

by Anonymousreply 523April 23, 2018 2:03 AM

Quinto was hot in a troll under the bridge kind of way.

by Anonymousreply 524April 23, 2018 2:03 AM

R522 All celebrities go through it and survive. He is not special that he need to be spared. That’s a price stats pay. I would say his fans like him a lot and are rather kind to him. If he wants to be private to be it. People will lose interest as he gets older. He can have all his privacy then.

by Anonymousreply 525April 23, 2018 2:05 AM

R522 He doesn't have social media, so he doesn't have any way of being "public" with his relationships. Ryan Gosling was in a relationship with Rachel Adams in a movie, had 2 kids with Eva Mendes after meeting her in a movie they were both in, and hardly mentions her - except for when he's won awards. Groff is smart to keep private.

by Anonymousreply 526April 23, 2018 2:11 AM

*Rachel McAdams

by Anonymousreply 527April 23, 2018 2:12 AM

R525 Agreed. No one but the most hardcore of Stan spares a celebrity from criticism. They will both have to stop reading Datalounge and develop thicker skins if they want to survive.

by Anonymousreply 528April 23, 2018 2:17 AM

R528 HA, I highly doubt Groff reads Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 529April 23, 2018 2:21 AM

R516 Definitely Hector was the hotest, and not just because he had a nice body and a bigger cock than ZQ, CB, and GC.

Damn, forgot about Cody. He WAS hot when they were dating. And that was the longest, most successful relationship he has had to date since they lived together for three years.

by Anonymousreply 530April 23, 2018 2:22 AM

It could hardly be counted as most successful when he had Cody sit at the back of the bus at the Tonys. Not a healthy dynamic.

by Anonymousreply 531April 23, 2018 2:25 AM

R525 Good point about aging & privacy. He will always have his talents, but at 33 being the hot gay, and having people wanting to know about him is dwindling.

by Anonymousreply 532April 23, 2018 2:26 AM

Where's Hector's cock? I presume you've been studying bulge pics.

by Anonymousreply 533April 23, 2018 2:27 AM

anyone can direct to a picture of cody? in his youth?

by Anonymousreply 534April 23, 2018 2:31 AM

Groff has never been the hot gay. He was never a Colton or a Gary. He's never had to trade on being a piece of ass. He has the best kind of attractiveness for an actor. He can play a romantic lead or a more character part, but he's not a beauty icon.

by Anonymousreply 535April 23, 2018 2:31 AM

R531 He wasn't out of the closet yet, but yes it was the most stable, successful one he has had yet. Quinto and him were not "serious" until the last year they were together and that fell apart.

by Anonymousreply 536April 23, 2018 2:33 AM

R535 This.

by Anonymousreply 537April 23, 2018 2:37 AM

R535 He's always been the guy next door you want to fuck. Point is,, two more year s and people won't care to talk about his looks at all.

by Anonymousreply 538April 23, 2018 2:42 AM

R534 Cody. Very good looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539April 23, 2018 2:43 AM

R538 Haha, in 2 more years you think his looks are just gonna vanish?

by Anonymousreply 540April 23, 2018 2:46 AM

Worth posting but it isn't the best picture.

Also, seems Corey and Cody have a lot in common.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541April 23, 2018 2:48 AM

Apologies for the double post.

by Anonymousreply 542April 23, 2018 2:49 AM

Jesus fucking Christ, he looks like Sam Smith. There are some bold faced liars in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 543April 23, 2018 2:54 AM

R540 Going to assume you're not a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 544April 23, 2018 2:56 AM

Zach definitely was the most attractive boyfriend Jon ever had - they had eachother during their primes.

R506 Unless you or someone you know has personally been blown off by him, how would you know this?

by Anonymousreply 545April 23, 2018 2:58 AM

Gonna say Cody was still hot even after Groff dumped him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546April 23, 2018 3:00 AM

Quinto is pretentious,can't stand

by Anonymousreply 547April 23, 2018 3:02 AM

Corey, like Hector, looks like he's packing, so at least Groff has his priorities in order post-Quinto.

by Anonymousreply 548April 23, 2018 3:04 AM

Quinto is 40 and he still gets shit written about him. R547 Narcissistic and pretentious - can't stand him either.

by Anonymousreply 549April 23, 2018 3:06 AM

R548 Haha, In what universe is Corey packing?

by Anonymousreply 550April 23, 2018 3:21 AM

The conversation about which of his boyfriends was hottest is amusing for how blind people are acting, but it’s also irrelevant. Surely we don’t think Groff is so shallow that all he cares about are looks.

Looks, fame, money - those might be your priorities in a partner but they are not Groff’s. Some people haven’t been paying attention to anything he says.

by Anonymousreply 551April 23, 2018 3:22 AM

R548 Link please

by Anonymousreply 552April 23, 2018 3:22 AM

R551 Also going to assume you're not a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 553April 23, 2018 3:25 AM

R551 Exactly. Looks may be what he's looking for when he fucks someone, but it's not enough for him to fly to another continent for a 5 minute film.

by Anonymousreply 554April 23, 2018 3:25 AM

R549 He doesn't have near as much written about him as he used to. And writer's used to love to start with his striking features, At 35,as a gay man or Hollywood actor gaining traction, you're best days are behind you. Just how it is.

by Anonymousreply 555April 23, 2018 3:28 AM

R552 He has BDF.

by Anonymousreply 556April 23, 2018 3:28 AM

R555 Groff probably gives two shits if he stops getting written about . Nowadays he only gets written about when Lea Michele or Lin post about him anyways.

by Anonymousreply 557April 23, 2018 3:36 AM

R556 Bullshit. He has a small cock, unless he is engorged and you use a sliding scale.

Maybe not as tiny as Quinto, but still undersized.

by Anonymousreply 558April 23, 2018 3:36 AM

R555 I have an wondering about that myself, how much longer will Jon have bforr his number stops being called.

by Anonymousreply 559April 23, 2018 3:40 AM

R559 He'll be fine. He has theater as a back up.

by Anonymousreply 560April 23, 2018 3:43 AM

R557 As an actor, he cares. Mindhunter kept him relevant. Phenomenal reviews from Bobby Darin Story gave him a boost as well

by Anonymousreply 561April 23, 2018 3:44 AM

R561 Sorry, I meant if he is written about regarding his personal life.

by Anonymousreply 562April 23, 2018 3:45 AM

If Groff wanted publicity for his sex life, he would advertise it.

by Anonymousreply 563April 23, 2018 5:16 AM

R563 Exactly. That's why I said he doesn't give a shit about that being written about .

by Anonymousreply 564April 23, 2018 5:29 AM

I am so glad we got a firm confirmation of their relationship. R485 Of course that Jonathan is in love (would you do this for someone you are not in love with?), why shy away from the phrase? I wonder how long he will stay in London and if he had to negotiate this trip with Fincher (if Corey posted the enigmatic post at the moment he learnt Jonathan was coming).

R551 I agree every word.

The fact that Jonathan is not superficial, pretentious and narcissistic is an important reason why I like him. What I don't get is how come we here have posters obsessed with these superficial stuff (looks, fame, money).

by Anonymousreply 565April 23, 2018 6:28 AM

R477 So mid November. Pity there is no way to follow that lead.

by Anonymousreply 566April 23, 2018 6:34 AM

R565 Meh, don't want to jump the gun, a couple of months may not be enough to say he's "in love', but what do I know. There's still the long distance test and not being able to spend enough time together that might doom them in the end. But I'm rooting for them.

by Anonymousreply 567April 23, 2018 7:36 AM

R535

Who is Gary?

by Anonymousreply 568April 23, 2018 8:53 AM

R565 Because this is a gay gossip site and that is what interests us here.

BWW has a comment section where you can find more wholesome commentary.

by Anonymousreply 569April 23, 2018 9:24 AM

R553 Still waiting for link.

by Anonymousreply 570April 23, 2018 9:27 AM

Going back to this original pic which started it all. If leslie is at the opening, is to be presumed his friends know about Jon and Corey? What is leslie doing in london at this event! most commenters were surprised to see them together in London. And now that corey has posted on his twitter, will he be eventually the next hector? Corey is the only one who indirectly referred to his bae openly ( that’s an oxymoron). but i think Jon and Corey will will make some public appearance together....this is kind of a public appearance together. i bet their are pics of J&C together on leslie’s phone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571April 23, 2018 10:05 AM

R569 Speak for yourself. Not all of "us" are that stereotypical money-fame-whores. Jon for example is not.

by Anonymousreply 572April 23, 2018 10:23 AM

R571 Look on the photo's comments. Leslie refers to Corey as "a mutual friend". He and Corey follow each other on instagram. He was probably invited because he lives in London.

by Anonymousreply 573April 23, 2018 10:31 AM

R573 who lives in london? isn’t leslie’s from hamilton cast?

by Anonymousreply 574April 23, 2018 11:09 AM

London cast. He is a Kiwi also.

by Anonymousreply 575April 23, 2018 11:16 AM

R575 thank you...got it. so, the NY folks may still be in the dark...i am impressed with the datalounge fans....this feels like TMZ....

Having criticized Corey’s Antartica before....I have to say...Corey is actually a dancer and a more recent choreographer. He turned to choreography after a dilapidating injury. considering that, he is doing not bad. He is resilient and positive and i think that is what matters in the end. learning to reinvent oneself....it’s an attractive personality trait. certainly groff has made a note of it.

by Anonymousreply 576April 23, 2018 11:30 AM

Said in a past thread that Groff was searching for someone special, though he had plenty of fun with men on his journey. Others insisted he just wanted to fuck around, but in interviews Groff said the opposite. Excited for what this relationship may mean to him.

Now that we're here let me turn you onto something else. Groff wants to settle down. In his broadway.com interview it seemed he'd already thought about where to live & raising a family, but didn't want to verbalize that w/o a boyfriend in play. If they can make it through the long distance, Corey may be around for a very long time.

by Anonymousreply 577April 23, 2018 11:39 AM

R577 Don't turn this into something else. He never said he wanted to settle, he just avoided the question. We have already been there, please drop that fantasy. At least for next few years.

by Anonymousreply 578April 23, 2018 12:07 PM

He didn't avoid the question. He said he'd like to live in Lancaster and NY. As to raising kids he said I think I'd like to do that one day. Happy to tell you i told you so in a yr or two. Pretty sure you're a person who thought the idea of Corey w/ Jon was over the top.

It's cool. I see the writing on the wall quicker than you.

by Anonymousreply 579April 23, 2018 12:20 PM

R579 Come back in 1-2 years with that, I say not in next five years, ten more likey if ever. Btw, I liked Corey from the beginning and hoped Jon won't let this guy slip that quickly.

Is the mainstream guess that they met for the first time in NZ? Couple of recent posts made me want to revisit my initial hunch that they had already met before, like in NY. Anyone else has the same hunch? Or even some facts to back it up? That would be better "I told you so" than guessing how many years till Jon turns into a breeder alla Bomer.

by Anonymousreply 580April 23, 2018 12:32 PM

R580 Or like NPH. Just as for straight's, some people want family life & some don't. Just saying he's looking for something more serious.

by Anonymousreply 581April 23, 2018 12:38 PM

They met in NZ.

by Anonymousreply 582April 23, 2018 12:40 PM

So they are raising kids together? Damn, this thread is hilarious. It's so different from all celeb threads on DL.

by Anonymousreply 583April 23, 2018 12:48 PM

R581 "More serious" in his case would be a public relationship that lasts at least few months. I bet he has no "country house with children" plans for foreseeable future. My guess is that this with Corey could last during MH shooting. Jon will be stuck in Pittsburgh and Corey may be visiting often.

by Anonymousreply 584April 23, 2018 12:55 PM

R582 would you explain why you are so certain? If they both were in November in NY, is it so unimaginable that they had met there? That Luke guy may have set them up.

by Anonymousreply 585April 23, 2018 1:06 PM

All I want is a candid picture of them together. Why can’t he throw us a fucking bone?

by Anonymousreply 586April 23, 2018 1:07 PM

I find the creepy stanning the fraus who insist Corey is Jon's life partner, or how they are made for each other and everyone should support their pure long-lasting relationship to be creepy stalking crap. None of you actually know either of them so STFU.

And what the fuck is it that any time someone posts something less than positive about Corey, you have to rush to his defense? It's a wonder there are a few brave souls on this thread who provide some reality to their pathetic relationship Without them, this thread would be overrun with all the pathetic stans.

by Anonymousreply 587April 23, 2018 1:09 PM

Corey is no more self-made or resilient or positive or inventive than the literally thousands of other dancers who have also suffered injuries and gone on to make something of themselves beyond it. His humble beginnings are the same as most of the performers who have ever graced a stage anywhere in the world. And his choreography skills are more hype than talent.

by Anonymousreply 588April 23, 2018 1:15 PM

Give them living together nonstop for a year and Corey will be sleeping around as he is rumored to due on his relationships, and Jon will be bitchy and picking fights which he did to both ZQ and Creel.

This fantasy will never survive the real world, even if their mothers are now besties having grown to love their sweet boys together.

by Anonymousreply 589April 23, 2018 1:23 PM

R586 I wish so. More candid photos of Jon in general.

R587 - R589,So much bitterness and jealousy, wow. You pose as an insider ha? Give us some gossip instead if your feelings. So we can check your "actually know them IRL". Btw, I don't care how long this will lasts, about future blah, blah. It is lasting for some time already so it is exciting to discover facts post festum.and play detectives. I want to know what is going on now. E.g. how ling Jon is staying in Lindon. And curious if Corey is such an.ordinary guy to be found on every corner how come Jon is so infatuated to go to London for him, how come he has not already picked one of such ubiquious guys aleeady. Somthing is special about Corey and I am corious what. I have my guess, what's yours?

by Anonymousreply 590April 23, 2018 1:44 PM

Jonathan did said some bitchy comments about ZQ.But he said many times that he was fell in love with Gavin/Gavin changed his life.He and Cody are still friends .He isn't a crazy ex.

by Anonymousreply 591April 23, 2018 1:45 PM

we are reaching the end of this thread again??!

by Anonymousreply 592April 23, 2018 1:51 PM

R589 Huh, may be some truth to that last part. Maybe this is more fantasy than reality. But of the guys Groff has dated publicly, they are all self-made/come from nothing and excelled in some way, no matter how small. Guys who are charming and assertive, who make a great first impression and have a dedicated history in/ passion for performing. However in the long-term, they all turn out to be similar in nature so maybe that is telling. Cautious optimism is best for now.

Just know Groff has run through the guys here in the city, and not always in the nice, respectful way his image portrays. Really gets off on teasing and then blowing off. Distance may be the only way Jon can keep a boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 593April 23, 2018 2:07 PM

Every time I hear someone talk about what he is like to try and date, I keep thinking of this moment in a movie I can't remember the name of now. The protagonist is describing a Monet and says something like "Looks great from a distance, but up close it is a big old mess". That describes the dating side of Groff and his treatment of guys to a T.

by Anonymousreply 594April 23, 2018 2:13 PM

It is ok by the way to love an actor's work and public persona, but not like some of their private interactions or behaviors. These concepts are not always mutually inclusive.

My father loved the Rolling Stones, but never wanted to meet Mick Jagger. He was too much of an asshole in his private life.

My point is we can praise Groff, but because this is a gossip site, we can also be critical of his life choices or pass on negative feedback we hear. Just makes him more human.

by Anonymousreply 595April 23, 2018 2:31 PM

Let's

by Anonymousreply 596April 23, 2018 2:43 PM

End...

by Anonymousreply 597April 23, 2018 2:43 PM

This..

by Anonymousreply 598April 23, 2018 2:43 PM

Thread..

by Anonymousreply 599April 23, 2018 2:44 PM

Now!

by Anonymousreply 600April 23, 2018 2:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!