Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

LEGION Season 2

The most unique show on TV. Season two started tonight. Anyone watching?

LOVED season one.

Season two has a 100% at rotten tomatoes at the time I'm posting this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 13, 2018 11:18 PM

The thing with the chattering teeth is so CREEPY!

by Anonymousreply 1April 4, 2018 4:06 AM

He sure was naked a lot tonight.

by Anonymousreply 2April 4, 2018 4:59 AM

Let him show off his weight loss!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 4, 2018 5:04 AM

Glad this show is back, I have some problems with it, but there is nothing else like it on TV.

Should be able to catch the new episode tonight.

by Anonymousreply 4April 4, 2018 3:07 PM

I love that it doesn't insult the intelligence of its viewers, and has the confidence to just let things play out without spoon-feeding. And I LOVE the style.

by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2018 12:25 AM

Yes, the first episode was as trippy as ever, they clearly aren't backing down from their signature style. I lost it at the dance sequence.

Excited to see where this goes.

by Anonymousreply 6April 5, 2018 2:23 AM

LOVED the "Dance-Off"!!

by Anonymousreply 7April 6, 2018 5:01 AM

I love this show!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 6, 2018 5:17 PM

So... are the androids special effects (one guy replicated), or did they find triplets to play them? I honestly can't tell.

by Anonymousreply 9April 11, 2018 1:41 PM

Anyone else a Portal/Portal 2 fan?

I love that they've used GlaDOS's voice! Or is it the voice of the turrets? Still, so fun.

by Anonymousreply 10April 11, 2018 2:55 PM

I thought the androids are just 3 tall, thin actresses - once you put the wig and mustache on them, they just look similar.

by Anonymousreply 11April 11, 2018 3:00 PM

best drug trip without drugs ever! love this show and the visuals and visual effects.

by Anonymousreply 12April 11, 2018 4:43 PM

A friend of mine is the main creative force behind season 2.

Pretty cool!

by Anonymousreply 13April 11, 2018 8:28 PM

I love this show SO MUCH.

I thought the androids were all played by guys (or one guy replicated).

by Anonymousreply 14April 12, 2018 1:28 AM

God, the actor who plays Farouk is so charismatic. He is sexy too.

by Anonymousreply 15April 18, 2018 3:19 PM

This weeks' episode was just freakin' amazing. Never has text looked so beautiful. The haunting flashback to the monastery. Gorgeous from beginning to end.

Keep an eye out for a cow.

by Anonymousreply 16April 19, 2018 2:38 AM

[quote] The most unique show on TV.

Oh, [italic]DEAR.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 17April 19, 2018 3:08 AM

R17 = pedant.

by Anonymousreply 18April 19, 2018 3:10 AM

Trippy. wish I'd been stoned for the latest episode.

by Anonymousreply 19April 19, 2018 3:26 AM

r18 = stupid

by Anonymousreply 20April 19, 2018 5:17 AM

Such a great show.

by Anonymousreply 21April 20, 2018 12:57 PM

I already fear for season 3, but I sure hope it gets one. This show is so amazing.

by Anonymousreply 22April 23, 2018 4:37 AM

New episode tonight!!!

by Anonymousreply 23April 25, 2018 12:04 AM

Kind of a meh episode... not much happened until the end, really. Seemed like padding.

by Anonymousreply 24April 25, 2018 1:59 PM

It's amazing how this show can take what is essentially ten minutes of show, and make it an hour without making it feel like padding. It's just enthralling and visually stunning.

by Anonymousreply 25May 2, 2018 3:09 AM

Visually stunning is fine, but a lot of this episode was padded out with Oliver and Farouk sitting in a car, talking slow and saying nothing. I don't understand the ending with Oliver and young Melanie in the kitchen; she is floating and then turns into Lenny. Ummm, okay.

Was it made clear why Lenny was brought back - I didn't pick up on it. Is she hosting Farouk's body?

by Anonymousreply 26May 2, 2018 3:14 PM

we don't know why Lenny is back. But the reason we saw Davids and his sister was to remind us of the sister, and that she has now hosting Lenny in her body. that's why David freaked out at the end....

by Anonymousreply 27May 2, 2018 5:53 PM

After this last episode, I'm starting to get exasperated with the story telling. It's being dragged out too much and going off into even weirder tangents. That black bug thing is a big bore - hopefully it's gone for good. Also Farouk is starting to remind me of Negan - making long, drawn out speeches that leave me scratching my head.

by Anonymousreply 28May 16, 2018 3:00 PM

This show has lost its momentum; this last episode was tedious. How interesting was it watching endless scenes of characters walking across a desert and being pulled in rickshaws... not very! David better find Farouk's body fast or I'm bailing.

by Anonymousreply 29May 23, 2018 7:39 PM

patience, dear viewer! what do yo think this is an ABC sitcom?

by Anonymousreply 30May 23, 2018 8:37 PM

I'm in agreement with R29 for if you watch the first episode of the season and then the most recent episode you can still pretty follow what has happened. Other stories like the Monk, future Syd or even Lenny aren't really required. The show still looks amazing and we're getting more shirtless Dan Stevens which is always a plus.

by Anonymousreply 31May 23, 2018 9:26 PM

Too much Syd, not enough Jean Smart.

by Anonymousreply 32May 24, 2018 1:37 AM

Am I the only who watches this with a "WTF is happening?" look on his face? Then when I read a breakdown of the episode, I'm like...this show used to be so awesome. I am also sick of the Shadow King (he's boring in the comic books as well) and Syd. They chose the most boring bunch of mutants except...for Ptomony and Oliver. I continue to be impressed by Stevens, Plaza and of course Jean Smart but this season has been a letdown...except for the Amy reveal.

Hopefully, next season, we get Haller's true nature. It seems like that's where they're heading.

by Anonymousreply 33May 24, 2018 2:58 AM

I don't know why I or anyone is watching this. It doesn't make any sense at all.

It's nice that David Selby is on TV. It's like Dark Shadows is literally still alive, 50 years later.

by Anonymousreply 34May 24, 2018 3:43 AM

Trippy and crappy episode, but I shall endure.

by Anonymousreply 35May 24, 2018 3:47 AM

In the last episode a woman posts a political comment online about pay equity. Someone responds with, "Are you fat? You sound fat."

Shades of DL.

by Anonymousreply 36May 24, 2018 4:10 AM

I thought they'd done Plato's cave before.

by Anonymousreply 37May 24, 2018 4:17 AM

I didn't get this week's episode at all (unusual for me) but then I was distracted so didn't pay as close attention as I usually do.

But please tell me that was a "Repo-Man" reference with the green glowing car...

by Anonymousreply 38May 30, 2018 3:09 AM

The characters aren't the only ones wandering aimlessly in the desert for 40 days and nights. The audience needs a break from bizarre brutalist architecture and mood lighting.

by Anonymousreply 39May 31, 2018 7:12 AM

Definitely a 'Repo Man' nod.

by Anonymousreply 40May 31, 2018 7:43 AM

There are crickets in this thread - a sign that this show went too far into left field and lost a lot of its audience. I was a big fan of the first season, but this one just lost my attention more and more as the season went by. There was too much "WTF?" to interpret. This finale episode... I can't even tell you what happened except for the end. It ended almost identically as S1, with a powerful being loose to rampage at will. Last year Oliver left with the Shadow King inside him, now evil/powerful David is loose, with Lenny as his unhinged sidekick.

Not sure if I care enough to watch if/when this show returns.

by Anonymousreply 41June 13, 2018 3:01 PM

I agree, R41, I kept with it all season for the amazing art direction -- but I just gave up on trying to keep the storyline straight.

by Anonymousreply 42June 13, 2018 3:16 PM

I had been watching the show, but I missed the last few episodes and I find myself putting off catching up with it. I will eventually, but that's not a good sign.

by Anonymousreply 43June 13, 2018 3:18 PM

there are 2 threads on Legion, the other is more active.

the season was spell binding. art direction, excellent; music, unbelievably good; and the story left me "mouth hanging open" every week. so, so good.

by Anonymousreply 44June 13, 2018 5:21 PM

Yup. Most of the discussion happened over on The thread linked here, for some reason, even though it's Datalounge Tradition to have a separate thread for each season (and for popular shows like Game of Thrones, for each EPISODE).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 13, 2018 11:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!