Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lee Holley, comic artist, dies at 85

Lee Holley was an American cartoonist. Holley created the syndicated panel Ponytail 1960-1989, worked on Dennis The Menace, and for Warner Bros. animation.

A Facebook friend knew him and reported his death. "Lee Holley (85), died in a plane crash this week in Marina, CA. "

He was quite the cutie in his day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2018 6:43 PM

Examples of his work:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2018 6:17 PM

How very...hmmm. Was it supposed to be funny?

by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2018 6:22 PM

So sad. RIP x

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2018 6:24 PM

Nope. I chose not to use DL clichés. He was a nice guy and he died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2018 6:27 PM

R4, I don't doubt he was a nice guy, but that panel to which you initially linked wasn't funny. I wasn't being snide. I was trying to figure out why it was funny.

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2018 6:40 PM

Well, move on to another thread then. Pancakes or egg tacos.

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2018 6:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!