Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Celebrity Fragrances

Do you have a celebrity fragrance you enjoy? Let's restrict this to celebrities who are NOT in the fashion or beauty business. David Beckham, for example.

This is Alain Delon Samourai. From 1995. It's surprisingly good on me, and have been wearing it for years. Its the only aquatic cologne I wear. Find it dime stores.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59December 13, 2018 8:34 PM

Men who wear perfume creep me out.

by Anonymousreply 1March 28, 2018 11:29 PM

Thanks for sharing. Most men I know would wear a cologne if they wanted, not a perfume.

by Anonymousreply 2March 28, 2018 11:32 PM

Fragrance on men is low class.

by Anonymousreply 3March 28, 2018 11:32 PM

"Scoundrel" by Joan Collins.

by Anonymousreply 4March 28, 2018 11:33 PM

I really like Lovely by SJP. It is definitely a step above most celebrity scents, and my understanding is that she was heavily involved in its development. I haven't loved her other fragrances as much, though Stash is okay.

by Anonymousreply 5March 28, 2018 11:36 PM

Fragrance/Perfume: same difference. But call it fragrance if that makes you feel like a man.

by Anonymousreply 6March 28, 2018 11:37 PM

R5 SJP's new fragrance "Barn" is rather unpleasant. It has low notes of manure and high notes of hay.

by Anonymousreply 7March 28, 2018 11:40 PM

The David Beckham one is always on sale here in the UK in downmarket clearance stores.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 28, 2018 11:42 PM

As far as I know, the only 'celebrity' scent I own is a 1/4 bottle of 'Deneuve' extrait de parfum that I scored on eBay. It's a rich, green chypre. I've heard that Cher's 'Uninhibited' was quite good, too, but I've never sampled it. Both are discontinued, of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 28, 2018 11:46 PM

A tiny spray of White Diamonds. I don't wear it but will spray it on a towel and gag and delight at the "pretty" smell. Available for pocket change at Marshalls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 28, 2018 11:57 PM

I bought it for my sister but Kim Kardashian True Reflection is REALLY nice. You can get it dirt cheap now too.

by Anonymousreply 11March 29, 2018 12:16 AM

Agreed R5, I think Lovely is by far the most superior of the celebrity scents. It's a distinctively enjoyable fragrance. I also liked SJP's Covet as a light summer perfume.

by Anonymousreply 12March 29, 2018 12:37 AM

J by Jennifer Aniston is not bad, if you want something light and beachy

by Anonymousreply 13March 29, 2018 12:39 AM

I read on the DL that Paris Hilton’s ‘Dazzle’ smells wonderfully of cherries & champagne, in a testicle-shaped bottle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 29, 2018 12:41 AM

Cumming.

by Anonymousreply 15March 29, 2018 12:41 AM

Tim McGraw Southern Blend is my favorite

by Anonymousreply 16March 29, 2018 12:44 AM

I am an "expert" of sorts on this subject if I do say so myself. Ask me anything about any of them. I swear, I have them all.

"White Diamonds" and most ET perfumes (save for Violet Eyes) are unwearable as perfume but they are amazing air fresheners for bathrooms. Two sprays and no odor can outweigh it.

My favorites for women: Madonna Truth or Dare Naked (not the original), Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon (the Olson twins), Ariana Grande Ari, Sofia Vergara's first one and,. on a cheaper front but still a great champagne and cherry mix, Paris Hilton's Dazzle. Halle Berry's Halle is nice too, Jessica Simpson's Fancy a nice toffee if one is into that.

My favorites for me: Beckham Intimately and the McGraw, above. But the mens stuff all blends together, all citrus, all lime. For men, stick to the Gaultiers and Valentino Uomo and other designers over the celebrity lines. (Gaultier's female stuff is great too, true originals that don't just smell like florals. Ditto Chanel and Miss Dior, of course).

by Anonymousreply 17March 29, 2018 12:47 AM

(Oddly enough, one of the few I do NOT have is the Delon above in OPs post. One I really want too. Delon is an icon to me as an actor anyway. Best looking man who ever lived actually).

by Anonymousreply 18March 29, 2018 12:49 AM

(Found it on ebay at good price. Thanks for the push, OP).

by Anonymousreply 19March 29, 2018 12:58 AM

[quote]Jessica Simpson's Fancy a nice toffee if one is into that.

I'd like to try Fancy Nights, which gets rave reviews from many fragrance mavens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 29, 2018 12:59 AM

It's okay. Another "bathroom" one. Fancy is the best of the Simpson ones (not saying much). All available at TJ Maxx and the like for uber cheap.

by Anonymousreply 21March 29, 2018 1:39 AM

DL diva Diana Ross, whose birthday is today, just did her first fragrance but I haven't smelled it yet.

Sorry, R14, didn't see your post, you must have read another of mine regarding Hilton and "Dazzle". I get shit for it but that champagne and cherry smell is really nice and unique in the fragrance world. Just got a 4.2 oz (big) of it for $20 on ebay. That is one large testicle bottle for sure.

by Anonymousreply 22March 29, 2018 1:59 AM

I love Elizabeth Taylor Passion, the original version for ladies from drug stores. It's not very long lasting, but for a cheap thrill it's quite glorious. It was better formulated in the 90s I'm sure, but it's still a great scent and quite strong. It's not a scent many people would recognize, I'd only wear it around the house anyway, but it's unique and non offensive. I find it's a very butch scent like some leather daddy would wear, with a strong, clear, green note that's HIGHLY reminiscent of 80s Brut. Must be all the Patchouli? There's also a pleasant cooked plum note like Poison or Arpege.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 27, 2018 6:18 AM

I like SNORT by Lindsay Lohan.

by Anonymousreply 24June 27, 2018 6:25 AM

I wear Bland and also Bland Vanilla, both by Armie Hammer.

"For those times when you just don't want to be noticed."

by Anonymousreply 25June 27, 2018 6:33 AM

R23 If your mother (or Grandmother) wore Arpege, you should also check out Tom Ford's Atelier d’Orient: Fleur de Chine. It's more complex than Passion. It's discontinued now but I got a bottle today and it's really amazingly reminiscent of the Arpege I remember from the 70s, the pre-formulated version. Back when Arpege was the most gorgeous scent on par with Chanel No. 5. It's really heady without the "powdery diaper" fecal note that has plagued Arpege formulations since the 80s. Much more wearable and suitable for a male.

by Anonymousreply 26June 27, 2018 6:36 AM

Sort of off topic: what’s the cologne Jake Gyllenhaal has bee advertising lately? The commercials show him with a kid and the narration implies he’s the father. Does Jake have kids?

by Anonymousreply 27June 27, 2018 6:53 AM

here R27

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 27, 2018 7:03 AM

This is my good to scent. Has a sweet musk scent with a hint of vanilla, lavender, and skunk weed. So delightful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 27, 2018 7:10 AM

R2 oops go to scent

by Anonymousreply 30June 27, 2018 7:10 AM

I hate that so many asshole celebs have their own scents. Only the tip of the iceburg:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 27, 2018 7:20 AM

AS usual, our Viv was light years ahead of the eight ball!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 27, 2018 7:35 AM

R32 cool! Had no idea 💡

by Anonymousreply 33June 27, 2018 7:37 AM

I would like to have tried Cher Uninhabited.

by Anonymousreply 34June 27, 2018 1:56 PM

Diana Ross’ perfume REEKS...it’s crap from HSN, I was MORTIFIED for her...I did buy one as a goof for my BF, but it gives me a splitting headache and I only wear Le Labo.

by Anonymousreply 35June 27, 2018 2:20 PM

r29, that's hilarious.

Btw, doesn't Trump have a fragrance?

by Anonymousreply 36June 27, 2018 3:18 PM

I have an extensive collection of Forever Krystal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 27, 2018 3:25 PM

I don't think too many DLers will be lining up to buy this one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 27, 2018 3:31 PM

The Secret by Antonio Banderas is surprisingly decent quality. Nothing to die for but a nicely balanced leather scent somewhere between a 70s fougere and a more modern scent. They are from Puig (same as Paco Rabanne) Better than Unilever or Coty. Few things are more unpleasant than walking past the David Beckham isle and being beset by the wave of loud and screechy chemicals.

I did unfortunately sample Trump's years ago (just lifted the cap, did not spray): cheap, muddled, lousy, synthetic, nondescript, thankfully short lasting.

by Anonymousreply 39June 27, 2018 3:49 PM

Has anyone tried the Shawn Mendes unisex fragrance?

by Anonymousreply 40June 27, 2018 7:03 PM

i bet it smells awful

by Anonymousreply 41June 28, 2018 1:23 AM

thrth

by Anonymousreply 42June 28, 2018 3:25 PM

Eau De Twat

by Anonymousreply 43June 28, 2018 6:14 PM

I’m strictly a Sidibe girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 28, 2018 8:27 PM

I saw the Britney & Katy Perry one's for £8.99 (<$12) in a local shop here in the UK today. But you can usually find them even cheaper.

I think 'Sleb' fragrances are about finished.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 28, 2018 9:33 PM

my niece wanted the Justin Bieber perfume for Christmas a few years ago. It actually had a nice scent.

by Anonymousreply 46June 28, 2018 9:40 PM

[quote] I am an "expert" of sorts on this subject if I do say so myself. Ask me anything about any of them. I swear, I have them all.

Hilarious.

[quote]"White Diamonds" and most ET perfumes (save for Violet Eyes) are unwearable as perfume but they are amazing air fresheners for bathrooms. Two sprays and no odor can outweigh it.

W&W for this.

by Anonymousreply 47June 29, 2018 1:18 AM

Has anyone sampled La Puss by Cheryl?

by Anonymousreply 48June 29, 2018 1:29 AM

I love all the Britney Scents. I buy the latest ones for the ladies in my life along with Victor and Rolf flowerbomb and Marc Jacob's Daisy.

by Anonymousreply 49June 29, 2018 2:11 AM

W&W to r49 for having the same taste as my 7 year-old niece.

by Anonymousreply 50June 29, 2018 10:29 AM

Does it make you smell turquoise, OP?

by Anonymousreply 51June 29, 2018 10:35 AM

Here's an obscure one: Shh ... by Jade Goody.

Jade was the Big Brother UK housemate who became a legit celebrity for showing her "kebab" on TV, then became the most reviled person in Britain after being a racist asshole to Indian actress Shilpa Shetty on Celebrity Big Brother, then died tragically young of cervical cancer.

Despite being trashy and uneducated, she had great business sense. At the height of her fame, she created her own fragrance and picked out the notes herself. I bought a bottle off eBay for shits and giggles, and it's unexpectedly beautiful: a lush, spicy, patchouli-heavy oriental. If you didn't know better, you'd think it was a Guerlain or a Caron.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 22, 2018 8:51 PM

Cher's Uninhibited is a beautiful scent in a tacky bottle. It reminds me of Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather, Tobacco Vanille, and Amber Absolute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 13, 2018 12:52 AM

I highly recommend the website, Fragrantica.

Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely is a well-regarded fragrance, it really stands above most other celebrity fragrances. Tova by Tova Borgnine is one of the first celebrity fragrances. she developed it herself and sold it to her Hollywood friends. It got very popular by word of mouth and became a cult favorite. Then it went downhill when it became big and sold on HSN. Believe it or not, I love Kim Kardashian's Pure Honey for a summer fragrance. You must spray it on your skin though - it smells much nicer, like honey, in the summer. When I spray it on my clothing or in the winter, it smells like detergent.

by Anonymousreply 54December 13, 2018 1:12 AM

Actually Alain Delon has had fragrances for years - I remember having one in the late 80's, Iquitos. They were really good.

by Anonymousreply 55December 13, 2018 2:04 AM

"Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely is a well-regarded fragrance, it really stands above most other celebrity fragrances."

It's nice because it's a ripoff of this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 13, 2018 3:46 PM

True Refection by Kim Kardashian is really lovely. Bought it for my sister a couple of times and a female friend. Everyone complimented them on it. Literally the only useful thing that trashy whore has done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 13, 2018 5:39 PM

[quote]It's nice because it's a ripoff of this: Narciso Rodriquez

Really? I had no idea...it figures.

by Anonymousreply 58December 13, 2018 8:04 PM

As much as people make fun of White Diamonds, it does smell very nice on certain women. It would surprise you. And no, I don't wear it.

↓This commercial usually runs at this time of year↓

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59December 13, 2018 8:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!