Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What happened to Santino Rice on RuPaul's Drag Race?

I know it's been a few years since he disappeared from the show, but what was the reason. He was a but lackluster to be honest, but I was curious as to what went down. Did he leave on his own? Or was he canned?

by Anonymousreply 25April 10, 2018 1:50 AM

Ru fired him because he wanted to bring on someone else. It is what Ru does.

by Anonymousreply 1March 26, 2018 6:16 PM

I went to see Bianca do stand-up a couple years back and she made a reference to Santino and Michelle not getting along. Ru and Santino still follow each other Twitter but Michelle and Santino do not.

Frankly Carson and Ross are better fits on the show.

by Anonymousreply 2March 26, 2018 6:31 PM

He looks like venereal disease made flesh.

by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2018 6:35 PM

[quote]He looks like venereal disease made flesh.

I like that in a man.

by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2018 6:41 PM

Love Ross on the show!!

by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2018 7:02 PM

R2 What are you talking about they got along great just like Coco and Alyssa.

Seriously though, Santino was so low key on the show that never even noticed he left. The show has a whole camp vibe and he never fit into that. My hunch was the the decision was made to mix things up and bring in bigger names on the judging panel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2018 7:34 PM

[quote]and bring in bigger names on the judging panel.

The transition from this being a niche gay show to a mainstream show.

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2018 7:38 PM

He always looked and sounded like he was stoned and on other drugs.

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2018 8:20 PM

Human gonorrhea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2018 11:25 PM

The only memorable thing he did was pissing off Pandora Boxx to the point they had a feud going through her initial season, because he just couldn't stand her design aesthetic.

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2018 11:36 PM

His time on drag race was mostly forgettable and for the last two seasons or so it was like he didn't even know where he was half the time.

by Anonymousreply 11March 27, 2018 12:48 AM

I do think that he is in now Hello Dolly on Broadway with Bernadete Peterson playing the roll of Cornellyous Hackle.

by Anonymousreply 12April 2, 2018 2:17 PM

He crawled up his own ass. He’s healthy and happy and sends his love.

by Anonymousreply 13April 2, 2018 2:20 PM

Him finally embracing his baldness was nice to see, though. I'm sure we all have that one problematic thing we'd like to hide at all times. Just look at Michelle, trying her hardest not to have her actual silhouette seen, or at least captured on camera.

And I thought it was nice to have a (somewhat) butch gay guy on the panel, even though he didn't really fit in with the camp aesthetic, as someone upthread said. Ross and Carson are funny, but they're basically two Jacks from Will&Grace. More variety would be nice to see, is what I'm saying.

by Anonymousreply 14April 2, 2018 2:37 PM

I love Ross and Carson. I want them to stay.

by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2018 2:57 PM

This show doesn’t need straight people or people pretending to be straight or whatever. That exists literally everywhere else if that’s what you’re looking for.

by Anonymousreply 16April 2, 2018 3:30 PM

r16 Who said anything about pretending to be straight? Gay is not synonymous with being femme, thank god.

by Anonymousreply 17April 2, 2018 3:38 PM

As the show got bigger, some of the judges got smaller.

by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2018 10:02 PM

What happened to Andre?

by Anonymousreply 19April 7, 2018 10:08 PM

r19, how the hell should I know?

by Anonymousreply 20April 7, 2018 11:11 PM

I want to know what happened to Mathu Anderson. Did he feud with Ru? Is it ill health, physical or mental? Both? He's vanished from any social media. And there's the whole Emmy controversy. In a recent interview Willam wasn't even sure where he was.

Somebody spill the details please. I know it's gotta be very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 21April 8, 2018 12:29 AM

The whole Mathu issue remains a mystery. I’ve seen both the “ill health” and “feud with Ru” explanations online with the latter given a cunty twist wherein Mathu only finished half of Ru’s face before walking out in protest of being paid half of his worth. I’m sure, as with all things, the truth lies in the middle.

by Anonymousreply 22April 10, 2018 1:00 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 10, 2018 1:30 AM

Santino remains the ugliest person I've ever seen in real life who wasn't actually deformed. He actually looks better on TV.

by Anonymousreply 24April 10, 2018 1:36 AM

R24 = Andre

by Anonymousreply 25April 10, 2018 1:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!