Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Farrah Fawcett, was she beautiful?

She didn’t look all that... honestly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364November 2, 2018 3:29 AM

Yes, she was.

by Anonymousreply 1March 23, 2018 1:27 AM

No, she wasnt.

by Anonymousreply 2March 23, 2018 1:30 AM

I don’t think so R1 her features are strange in her face?

by Anonymousreply 3March 23, 2018 1:30 AM

I never thought she wad beautiful. She was ok but I think she got overpraised simply because she was blonde. Jaclyn Smith was way better looking. Farrah had a man-made.

by Anonymousreply 4March 23, 2018 1:35 AM

Her hair was thick and shiny... very healthy, and she had the prettiest teeth... great smile. She had angular features, but wasn't "pretty" per say. Very attractive, yes... a flashy, healthy image, yes. She had "it", whatever that is.

by Anonymousreply 5March 23, 2018 1:35 AM

A man jaw is what I meant.

by Anonymousreply 6March 23, 2018 1:36 AM

She was the all-American girl next door.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 23, 2018 1:36 AM

Goddess

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 23, 2018 1:36 AM

Y'all a bunch of bisexuals. I can barely tell a beautiful woman, let alone tell a beautiful woman from someone who's "not all that".

by Anonymousreply 9March 23, 2018 1:36 AM

Sexy, not beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 10March 23, 2018 1:36 AM

She was a knockout. Slightly unusual features. She didn't always have the best smile. Her really wide smile was not good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 23, 2018 1:37 AM

I never thought so. All hair and teeth.

by Anonymousreply 12March 23, 2018 1:37 AM

She actually looked her best when she was about 40. Her hair was calmer and she really was pretty.

by Anonymousreply 13March 23, 2018 1:37 AM

Skinny. Coke. Glam. I never thought of her as the girl next door.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 23, 2018 1:39 AM

She had "it" and that's what the public wanted.

by Anonymousreply 15March 23, 2018 1:40 AM

She had a poster which her nipples were pressing through her top and since she was in everyones home via Charlies Angels, she became a sensation. She suffered like Suzanne Sommers by believing she was anything more than a blonde bimbo......and it took her many years to earn any real respect in the business via projects like The Burning Bed and Extremeties.

by Anonymousreply 16March 23, 2018 1:41 AM

Warhol's Polaroids showed she had it. You can't do all that much with a polaroid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 23, 2018 1:41 AM

No, to me she looked like Skeletor. But being skinny and blonde with big white teeth is enough for straight men, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 18March 23, 2018 1:43 AM

Sorry, dull as dishwater there R17. Typical thin lips.

by Anonymousreply 19March 23, 2018 1:43 AM

She was very beautiful in Myra Breckridge especially her scenes in Suite 64 at the Chateau Marmont. And she had the most perfect voice.

by Anonymousreply 20March 23, 2018 1:44 AM

She was not beautiful feature by feature, but she was definitely sexy with a real aura of vital health and sheen. She had a great body, almost perfect in balance between athletic and feminine. Jaclyn Smith looked like a Sears Catalogue model. Not beautiful, just lustrous and even featured.

I am before Farrah's time but even watching the Barbara Hutton miniseries on YouTube when she was in her forties I was convinced that Farrah was old school movie star beautiful. She wasn't really but she sure was. The combination of her features and coloring and body and ease within it gave her some great "flesh appeal", like Monroe had. She was refined and gorgeous and womanly. Sexy.

by Anonymousreply 21March 23, 2018 1:44 AM

Every straight teenage boy in the 70s had this on their wall. Women thought Jaclyn was beautiful. Straight men wanted to fuck Farrah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 23, 2018 1:44 AM

In the late 70's posters of Farrah Fawcett, Donna Pescow, Linda Ronstadt, Stevie Nicks and Britt Eklund adorned many a high schooler's locker wall.

by Anonymousreply 23March 23, 2018 1:47 AM

more warhol. she is not dull.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 23, 2018 1:47 AM

Gorgeous, a luminescent beauty.

by Anonymousreply 25March 23, 2018 1:47 AM

R17 / R24 Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 26March 23, 2018 1:48 AM

Sexy here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 23, 2018 1:48 AM

Never thought she was beautiful in the least. Clearly she was sexually attractive to straight guys though.

by Anonymousreply 28March 23, 2018 1:48 AM

WTF nuts here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 23, 2018 1:50 AM

One of the most gorgeous and photogenic women of all time.

by Anonymousreply 30March 23, 2018 1:50 AM

Heather Locklear is much much prettier, but the appeal is kinda the same. The American heterosexual ideal. Thin, blonde, blue eyed California type with shiny white teeth.

by Anonymousreply 31March 23, 2018 1:50 AM

Sorry, the Warhol pics do not convince me at all. Very plain looking.

by Anonymousreply 32March 23, 2018 1:51 AM

Lee majors was hardcore gay.

by Anonymousreply 33March 23, 2018 1:51 AM

Lord she was sexually attractive to anyone. Most gay men are not mooning over Joan Crawford photos. Only on DataLounge. Those Warhol pics are spectacular. She was a new kind of angular beauty. Very few people pierce a change in the general public consciousness. Audrey Hepburn, Mia Farrow and later Angelina Jolie would alter ideas of who was beautiful. Not in fashion magazines, in everyday people. So Yeah Farrah had great hair but she was pretty gorgeous all over. She was 40 years old here.... even her voice was beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 23, 2018 1:57 AM

r18 types fat

by Anonymousreply 35March 23, 2018 1:58 AM

She was gorgeous until the mid 90's. By the time of the Letterman appearance she had hit the wall so to speak. She had a bad nose job and her hair lost its luster.

by Anonymousreply 36March 23, 2018 1:59 AM

She looked a lot like Sharon Tate

by Anonymousreply 37March 23, 2018 2:03 AM

She was sensational. I was gay and thought she was beautiful. Women across America wanted Farrah's hairstyle. Her posters were so successful, they spurred a number of others, including Jaclyn Smith, Cheryl Tiegs, and others. They would have one or two posters, but Farrah had four or five. She was also popular worldwide. I remember a cover of Paris Match showing the three Charlie's Angels, similar to the cover that was on TIME. The caption read Farrah et deux copains. (Farrah and two friends.)

by Anonymousreply 38March 23, 2018 2:09 AM

Sharon Tate was infinitely more gorgeous than Farrah.

by Anonymousreply 39March 23, 2018 2:10 AM

"In the late 70's posters of Farrah Fawcett, Donna Pescow, Linda Ronstadt, Stevie Nicks and Britt Eklund"

Donna Pescow, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 40March 23, 2018 2:10 AM

Don't forget me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 23, 2018 2:13 AM

A friend's mother who attended UT with her in the 60s once told me she was indeed all that, and if anything, photos didn't do her justice.

by Anonymousreply 42March 23, 2018 2:17 AM

She was not a beautiful woman. She was a beautiful girl in that vacuous insubstantial California way. She fucking OWNED that. As long as she wasn't separated from sun and sand, she looked great.

Liz Taylor, Ava Gardner, Sophia Loren, Hedy Lamarr. Those are beautiful women.

by Anonymousreply 43March 23, 2018 2:17 AM

I agree that Sharon Tate was more beautiful than Farrah.

by Anonymousreply 44March 23, 2018 2:19 AM

And I agree with R43's choices of REALLY beautiful women.

by Anonymousreply 45March 23, 2018 2:21 AM

I never liked Farrah's wide mouth, square jaw, & big hair. I'm no fan of blondes either, I don't usually find them attractive. Farrah was the right type for the time. She wouldn't reach those heights if she were starting out today, because tastes have changed.

by Anonymousreply 46March 23, 2018 2:29 AM

Sharon Tate was a pretty girl with bad implants, dried out hair and lifeless brown eyes. She exuded no energy but a faint sluttiness. Her kind of pretty could be seen every month in a playboy pictorial for about 25 years. She looked best lying down.

Farrah was a blonde green eyed gleaming cyclone. If she hadn't turned out such a victim she would be remembered as the first feminist beauty. That title belongs more to Lauren Hutton and (falsely) Fonda.

Sharon Tate? Come on. There are many threads here devoted to the luck of her demise. She was dairy queen pretty. *69.

by Anonymousreply 47March 23, 2018 2:30 AM

The total package was attractive, but the individual parts were not especially notable.

by Anonymousreply 48March 23, 2018 2:32 AM

Jerry Hall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 23, 2018 2:34 AM

The men in her life treated her like shit.

I don't understand straight men.

by Anonymousreply 50March 23, 2018 2:35 AM

Debbie Harry and some pretty girl 1978

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51March 23, 2018 2:40 AM

I agree with R21. Everyone should go watch Farrah in the Barbara Hutton miniseries Poor Little Rich Girl on YouTube. I have looked for it for years and someone finally posted it.

by Anonymousreply 52March 23, 2018 2:49 AM

not when she opened her mouth.

watch her on the infamous letterman show when she was high, her dumb flag flys hi....

by Anonymousreply 53March 23, 2018 2:51 AM

She was not beautiful. Her weird nose separated her thousands of similar girls. Someone mentioned her victim complex. So, that was a plus. Straight guys wanted to play white knight and recuse her from victimhood.

by Anonymousreply 54March 23, 2018 2:54 AM

She had that baby mouth when not smiling and it hid all that smile.

by Anonymousreply 55March 23, 2018 2:57 AM

Farrah had real talent R51. What's the point of posting pics of pretty girls from the 1970s? Brooke grew up to be a man, has zero talent and never displayed a moment of charisma without the aid of sunglasses. Debbie Harry is a short little even featured jewish icon who never wanted to be beautiful until it was too late. She is talented but not beautiful. Real beauty is more than a zoned out look, it requires energy.

Fawcett was the kind of Texas beauty queen I would usually deride but she had more than a fluke look and a great reservoir of talent. Forget "The Burning Bed." Watch her in Diane Downs miniseries. "Small Sacrifices." Farrah was spectacular and appropriately sexy playing a true psychopath. And in the Barbara Hutton miniseries she surpassed what you can see on TV anymore. She wore those hundreds of costumes and played the notes of glamor and heartache gloriously. It's a fucking tour de force!

by Anonymousreply 56March 23, 2018 2:59 AM

[quote]not when she opened her mouth.

[quote]watch her on the infamous letterman show when she was high, her dumb flag flys hi....

Every time I think you can't come across as more stupid, you prove me wrong.

Do continue, court jester.

by Anonymousreply 57March 23, 2018 3:02 AM

Never could see what the big deal was. Usually as a gay man I can at least see what straight men are talking about--the incredible lust, etc. But not with her. Same with Lana Turner.

by Anonymousreply 58March 23, 2018 3:04 AM

She had charisma.

by Anonymousreply 59March 23, 2018 3:08 AM

She's a fucking icon and gorgeous and you all fucking know it so suck it, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 60March 23, 2018 3:08 AM

I remember my sister had some friends over, they were about 9. They wanted to play Charlie’s Angels. All the girls got into an argument about who would be Farah, except my sister who wanted to be Jaclyn. When one girl asked my sister why she’d even consider being Jaclyn, my sister said because Jaclyn was the most beautiful. The other girls seemed confused by this claim and then just decided they would all just be Farah with my sister the only Jaclyn. No one even considered being Kate. When they left the room my dad wandered into the kitchen and said to my mom that my sister was right, Jaclyn was the most beautiful. And I remember my mum, who I’d never heard curse and who was clearly unaware that I was listening, said “and yet every man on earth wants to fuck Farah”. I remember my dad killing himself laughing and saying it was true, Farah had some crazy sex appeal Jaclyn couldn’t match.

by Anonymousreply 61March 23, 2018 3:12 AM

Jaclyn vs Farrah is like Jackie vs Marilyn. Being beautiful is different from who you'd want to fuck.

by Anonymousreply 62March 23, 2018 3:16 AM

She was perfectly cast in Myra Breckinridge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63March 23, 2018 3:17 AM

Farrah was absolutely the most beautiful woman in the world. I miss her.

by Anonymousreply 64March 23, 2018 3:18 AM

She was the result of an aggressive marketing campaign and poster sale...

Dumb as box of cocks, she did the best she could, alas, died from rectum cancer.....

by Anonymousreply 65March 23, 2018 3:21 AM

[quote]Jaclyn vs Farrah is like Jackie vs Marilyn. Being beautiful is different from who you'd want to fuck.

Bad analogy, as wall-eyed, uptight Jackie was neither beautiful nor fuckable.

by Anonymousreply 66March 23, 2018 3:25 AM

She wasn’t beautiful. Sexy and charismatic yes but not a real beauty. Those Warhol polaroids look like any Walgreens cashier. With hair done and lighting etc., she transforms but not a natural, true beauty.

by Anonymousreply 67March 23, 2018 3:26 AM

"Dumb as box of cocks"

HA!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 68March 23, 2018 3:26 AM

"Dumb as box of cocks"

HA!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 69March 23, 2018 3:26 AM

Looked like the most glamorous real estate agent in a midsize city. Very suburban, mindless appeal.

by Anonymousreply 70March 23, 2018 3:30 AM

"Beautiful"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71March 23, 2018 3:33 AM

Ok you cosmopolitans, we get it, she was no Marella Agnelli!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 23, 2018 3:33 AM

Farrah's 'Look' was very 'Commercial'; hence the its mass appeal. Heather Locklear owes her career to Farrah -

by Anonymousreply 73March 23, 2018 3:37 AM

R47

Tate didn't have implants, and NO surgery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 23, 2018 3:45 AM

Sharon Tate didn't have much of anything. As anything other than a Manson victim she was short, ordinary looking and embarrassing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75March 23, 2018 3:53 AM

R75

You sound like a real pill.

by Anonymousreply 76March 23, 2018 3:56 AM

The Sharon Tate Stan Troll, along with the Gong Li and DL Fav Capucine trolls, will not be denied their obsessive input.

by Anonymousreply 77March 23, 2018 3:58 AM

Did she date any straight men?

by Anonymousreply 78March 23, 2018 4:00 AM

Let's get back to Farrah, peoples -

Her acting in "Saturn 3" and "Sun Burn" was, let's see . . . 'Good.'

(Whereas, a then-unknown Harvey Keitel's performance in 'Saturn 3' was a extraordinary.)

Enjoy the film . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79March 23, 2018 4:06 AM

Farrah was WOW gorgeous. Her sprit was as breathtaking as her beauty. Love the description above: "Farrah was a blonde, green-eyed, gleaming cyclone" YESS!!

by Anonymousreply 80March 23, 2018 4:07 AM

She looks like Lindsay Wagner in those Warhol Polaroids.

by Anonymousreply 81March 23, 2018 4:08 AM

No, Rose: she was the masturbatory fantasy for every single straight boy in America in 1976 because she was so great at canning fruits.

by Anonymousreply 82March 23, 2018 4:09 AM

"Fawcett seems to excel on her moderate acting skills when she takes on a role where her character has the bejesus beaten out of her by maniacal men"

-Pauline Kael

by Anonymousreply 83March 23, 2018 4:13 AM

She was quite beautiful, while there were prettier people, she was no uggo

by Anonymousreply 84March 23, 2018 4:14 AM

She is sexy y'all

by Anonymousreply 85March 23, 2018 4:16 AM

I thought she was very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 86March 23, 2018 4:30 AM

I thought she was very pretty and at times gorgeous throughout the 70s, but by the time the 80s rolled around, she seemed to age rapidly in just a few short years.

by Anonymousreply 87March 23, 2018 4:31 AM

R87 - What you've just described in called, "The Ryan O'Neal Syndrome" -

by Anonymousreply 88March 23, 2018 4:34 AM

They don't make em like this anymore. Yes I watched the whole 5 hours and it's glorious dreck. Takes talent to inhabit that many costumes and husbands. Hard to play a vacuous monster. Farrah was wonderful. You're all welcome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89March 23, 2018 4:38 AM

That makes perfect sense, R88. I guess living with that abusive, narcissistic asshole would age anyone, rapidly, in a few short years.

by Anonymousreply 90March 23, 2018 4:40 AM

Whatever she had, America responded to her the most. Leading up to Charlie's Angels you had to remember that Kate Jackson was the biggest star going into the series. Aaron Spellling had cast her originally in his series The Rookies. Farrah Fawcett was not really known for much except for some shampoo commercial. She was not pushed as the starring person but she became a phenomenon. It was like a lightning strike.

It was the smile and the hair. America loves a good hairstyle and millions of girls went to the salons and got the fawcett haircut. I'll compare it to Rachel on Friends, another one who wasn't supposed to be the star of the show. That was supposed to be Courtney Cox. But Courtney never had that hairstyle women wanted to copy like Rachel aka Jennifer Aniston. And to this day, Aniston is still the bigger tabloid star. Another woman that went on to hair fame was Dorothy Hamill with the hamill hairstyle.

A lot of iconic women weren't just beautiful or pretty but had a specific look that millions of people want to copy.

by Anonymousreply 91March 23, 2018 4:41 AM

Jaclyn Smith and Cheryl Ladd were much more gorgeous in my book. I just don't find Farrah aesthetically pleasing at all with those giant gleaming white chompers and that nose. Meh.

by Anonymousreply 92March 23, 2018 4:45 AM

"Farrah Fawcett, was she beautiful?"

She couldn't spell "Cat" even if she were spotted the "C" and "T."

by Anonymousreply 93March 23, 2018 4:49 AM

I remember spotting a younger Farrah in a bit part in an episode of I Dream if Jeannie. She had the sixties, slightly bouffant/big hair going on and subtle - tho still sixties! - makeup. And she was still a knockout.

Her seventies look tho - and that of the other angels and some other models and stars at the time - was something really different and new. It was relatively natural and fresh looking - a real change after the heavily made up eyes and lips of the sixties. The jogging and fitness crazes were really taking off too - and Farrah and the others - but especially Farrah - made the athletic, glowing-with-health-and-vitality look - sexy.

Farrah wasn’t standard model beautiful. Not like the fashion models from the pages of Vogue or something. But she was so healthy and fit - her teeth and skin and hair just shone - and coupled with small features, her fit, lean angularity - and that she was so photogenic! - the whole package just worked.

Factor X in spades.

In a way - she reminds me Julia Roberts. Also lean and angular. And when she was young it was all about the enormous grin and the perfect teeth and skin and masses of shiny hair. I don’t think she’s strictly speaking in any way classically beautiful. But boy oh boy did the camera love her!

Every so often, someone hits the screen - small or large! - and it’s just WOW!

Happens with boys too! Brad Pitt in Thelma and Louise. Matthew McBongo in Boys on the Side. Robert Pattinson in one of the a Harry Potter films. You’re in the theatre watching - and this not very well known actor suddenly appears and you can feel a ripple of something rolling across the audience. Fucking magic! You just know you’re gonna see more of them.

I know - Mary!

But nonetheless it’s true.

I think Jaclyn Smith was probably more ‘beautiful’ - as was Sharon Tate or women like Jackie Bissett or Candace Bergen.

But Farrah had that extra something. So hard to define. But when someone has it - you know it.

by Anonymousreply 94March 23, 2018 5:06 AM

Meant to say - read somewhere years ago - that as a teen - Farrah was already a traffic stopper. Kids would literally follow her from school and hang around outside her place - just to get a look at her. Freaky! But she had “it” even then.

by Anonymousreply 95March 23, 2018 5:09 AM

She was a campus sensation in her freshman year at UT, a huge school.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96March 23, 2018 5:22 AM

I agree with the comparison to Julia Roberts r94. Not that they looked anything alike but the big hair, the big smile, the public appeal they had. In their prime the camera certainly loved both of them.

by Anonymousreply 97March 23, 2018 5:25 AM

Something tells me she wasn't too smart, but she was a hell a lot more than a haircut. She was almost 30 by the time Charlie's Angels hit and she and her power agent knew enough about her appeal to take a huge risk. If no one ever thought of her as a good actress that is a pity. Because she tried quite hard to prove herself once she had some leverage. Doesn't mean you leave your looks behind or your dependence on them or the men they attract. Farrah was probably quite dumb but she was undeniably sweet and a better actress than many of the women who were lucky enough to score big in film earlier in life. She was the haircut for sure but don't kid yourself that Aniston could wear all the costumes and hairstyles that Fawcett does in the Barbara Hutton movie and make them look authentic while looking perfectly suited to all of it. That's not a small talent. She was a glamor girl that could passably act and inhabit sexpots, debutantes, poor white trash victims and suburban psychopaths. Too bad she had such a need to be loved and possessed as a beauty by crappy men. No one should be forgiven for not properly raising their child when they have nothing more to do. Actresses are vain and ambitious and prone to stupidity. She had a weird kind of fame it seems, a bit like Marilyn. Like she was supposed to be stupid and jiggly and dumb. She could do more and got the chances, but never quite the respect that came with it. So to claim she wasn't a knockout or a passable actress doesn't hold up even today. I wasn't even born in 1976 and have never seen an episode of Charlie's Angels. But I know Farrah Fawcett. She radiated some kind of WOW, she was very sexy without ever acting sexy and she was also a good actress.

by Anonymousreply 98March 23, 2018 5:29 AM

No, you didn’t know her r98 so waxing lyrical about her makes no sense. She may have been very sweet as you believe or perhaps her step daughter, Tatum, is right and she could be cold, jealous and distant. Who knows? Certainly none of us who weren’t there.

by Anonymousreply 99March 23, 2018 5:38 AM

Yes R94. You nailed Farrah's appeal and placed it in real context. That doesn't happen often but you did so with impact. I loved your post. Don't Mary! yourself about it. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 100March 23, 2018 5:41 AM

Karen Carpenter was far prettier, talented,... and genuine.

by Anonymousreply 101March 23, 2018 6:37 AM

I loved Karen Carpenter as Pukey - the big boned angel who fought off attackers with her projectile vomit.

by Anonymousreply 102March 23, 2018 6:46 AM

Hey, you are gay Op, you aren't going to find her all that. She was beautiful

by Anonymousreply 103March 23, 2018 6:53 AM

Her smile was legendary even if you didn't like her. I remember even some LA news anchor making a comment about how beautiful she was in a rare appearance in her 40's in some short news clip about her.

Not just my opinion, Hollywood could see it too. Hence, the Ultra Bright commercial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104March 23, 2018 6:56 AM

Farrah meets the Partridge Family and a future budding drug addict Danny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105March 23, 2018 6:59 AM

Farah of a certain age was beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106March 23, 2018 7:03 AM

All eyes on Farah

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107March 23, 2018 7:05 AM

r63, whoa wait. What is this Myra Breckinridge is this a lezzie pic? I need to see this entire thing

by Anonymousreply 108March 23, 2018 7:06 AM

Jaclyn, Farrah and Kate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109March 23, 2018 7:06 AM

Look at this Burning Bed photo. Her jaw is strong and her lips are not voluptuous, her eyes are piercing and her nose was not pert - she might have grown afraid to look bad in real life but she wasn't afraid to show her real face for acting roles. I kind of admire her a lot more from this thread. Plus I think she looks great here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110March 23, 2018 7:06 AM

A very young before the fame and hair Farrah on The Dating Game

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111March 23, 2018 7:08 AM

Reelz channel showed Autopsy, The Last Days of Farrah Fawcett recently. One of the things they mentioned was that when she was first diagnosed with cancer, she declined chemo because she didn't want to lose her hair. The public so identified with that mass of hair she wasn't able to let it go. She opted for alternative treatment. The medical examiner explained that the likely cause of her anal cancer was HPV. He stated she wasn't promiscuous but that some men in her life had been. Gee, wonder who that might be?

She had surgery when she was young and it left a scar on her abdomen. The photographer wanted her to pose in a bikini but because of the scar she opted for the red one piece. It didn't hurt sales.

by Anonymousreply 112March 23, 2018 7:11 AM

It’s a shame about her anus.

by Anonymousreply 113March 23, 2018 7:22 AM

Literally millions of Americans disagreeing with you in the 70s, OP. I get ugly queens putting others down to feel better, but she’s passed. Let Farrah lie in peace you sad clown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114March 23, 2018 7:25 AM

[quote] The medical examiner explained that the likely cause of her anal cancer was HPV.

This is a warning for all gay men who play unprotected. HPV is not just anal warts, they didn't know back in her day but now they do its one of the few ways you can get Cancer from another person. Once you get it, even if it gets taken care of, the virus is always in your body.

by Anonymousreply 115March 23, 2018 7:40 AM

r61

In other words there are some kinds girls you DATE and some you DON'T

by Anonymousreply 116March 23, 2018 7:48 AM

She was no me back in the day

by Anonymousreply 117March 23, 2018 7:59 AM

Wow R116. Nothing about R61's story suggests that Farrah was sluttish. Only that she was more desirable in the eyes of most straight men. How old are you to even think that way? Some girls you DATE and some you DON'T? Very strange conclusion. Jacqleen Smith is not known by anyone but I would guess you are bothered by that because she fits your GAY idea of perfect female beauty. Are you the kind of man that someone wanted to date back in the 1950s or did you wear your hair greased and suck off a lot of boys?

by Anonymousreply 118March 23, 2018 8:02 AM

Hillbilly man face, good hair, bad cut.

by Anonymousreply 119March 23, 2018 8:21 AM

Joan Crawford was a hillbilly, not Farrah Fawcett.

by Anonymousreply 120March 23, 2018 8:23 AM

Well, I was going to ask if her pussy stank- but if she got cancer from taking it up the pooper I know the answer.

by Anonymousreply 121March 23, 2018 8:46 AM

What diseases did you get from taking hundreds of dicks live sperm soup deep in your ass gut bowl R121?

by Anonymousreply 122March 23, 2018 8:58 AM

she was with lee majors fore ever: a known gay !!!!

by Anonymousreply 123March 23, 2018 9:07 AM

Maybe Lee Majors swung both ways r123, since he managed to knock up a couple of wives.

by Anonymousreply 124March 23, 2018 9:34 AM

People here tend to judge beauty without considering context of the era.

As someone famous said at the tend, Farrah was the perfect 30 year old woman for 1977/78. She embodied everything desirable, fresh, healthy and beautiful of that time.

Folks feel the same about Cheryl Tiegs these days. "ooh, she has such thin lips and a pinched face." But in 1975, she was the goddess nearly every man wanted to bang. She was sexy and wholesome at the same time. But yes, neither blonde holds up today in the era of dark, exotic, "ugly-pretty" women.

by Anonymousreply 125March 23, 2018 9:45 AM

I didn't recognize her here as Farrah at first glance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126March 23, 2018 10:39 AM

I remember seeing her on that show she did with O'Neal in the early '90s, 'Good Sports', I think it was called, and she looked terrific and then the next thing I remember seeing her in was that Letterman interview. She seemed to go downhill fast. I assume it was years of abuse, plus being defined so much by her looks that wrecked her. It was too bad, in most other eras, she would have been a movie star, but the 70s were all about gritty realism and most of the major working actresses were either plain (or plained down) or had a more sophisticated look, there really wasn't a place in films for her type when she made it big and so tv became the medium for All-American, blonde sex kitten. Still regardless of the medium in which she made her mark, she became iconic nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 127March 23, 2018 10:57 AM

Lesbians work harder. She dated gay Lee majors for along time and then Ryan O'Neal.

by Anonymousreply 128March 23, 2018 11:10 AM

[quote]She was sexy and wholesome at the same time. But yes, neither blonde holds up today in the era of dark, exotic, "ugly-pretty" women.

Exactly! The middle eastern looking, huge assed Kartrashians would be laughed at in the '70s as fat and ugly. They would all be working in a greek family diner.

by Anonymousreply 129March 23, 2018 11:19 AM

I resemble that comment, r129!

by Anonymousreply 130March 23, 2018 12:56 PM

That pic of her from The Burning Bed is riveting. Was she a classic, perfect symmetry 10? No. But what she did have certainly played brilliantly to the camera. And as evidenced by that picture I mentioned, her look was versatile.

Someone mentioned an athletic-quality to her. I agree. Coltish would be another word. Those are elements that a lot of women embodied and were very in vogue in the feminist 70s.

She was also outstanding in Burn This. The movie version with James Russo was terrifying. She gave a fantastic performance. As she did in The Apostle with Robert Duvall.

by Anonymousreply 131March 23, 2018 1:18 PM

LOVED her shampoo!

by Anonymousreply 132March 23, 2018 2:11 PM

Farah had mass appeal. That is why she was the most popular. While Jaclyn Smith was prettier, she was not sexy or blonde. Most straight men prefer a pretty blonde to a pretty brunette. Blondes are deeemed more sexy even if they aren't symmetrically beautiful. Combine her hair with her teeth, green eyes and great body and you have a women most men lusted for and most women wanted to look like. After all, her hair cut was the most desired and requested in the eighties.

By the way, I meet her in person at the height of her fame and she was drop dead gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 133March 23, 2018 2:50 PM

Jaclyn was definitely more conventionally beautiful, but didn’t exude as much sex appeal. Jaclyn was probably more of the type that straight guys wanted to marry whereas Farrah the type they wanted to fuck. Jaclyn actually got more beautiful as the show went on and it helped when they started putting her in sophisticated, rather than sporty, looks. It’s weird beacause Jaclyn Smith would have been considered a knockout in any other scenario but when opposite Farrah Fawcett and Cheryl Ladd she didn’t have to play the role of the “pretty one” and got to be taken more seriously like the “smart” Kate Jackson character after Kate left the show.

by Anonymousreply 134March 23, 2018 4:38 PM

The first time I saw her was in the movie "Logan's Run" and I thought, who is she?! She certainly drew your attention and, as many earlier posters commented, she had that "it" factor. You just knew she was going to be a big star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135March 23, 2018 4:48 PM

Yes, even during Charlie's Angels you could see she had "it". Nice hair, teeth and pert nipples only get you so far. She was smart enough after her career didn't take off like she expect after she walked off CA's to study acting more thoroughly and reinvent herself as a respected actress.

by Anonymousreply 136March 23, 2018 4:56 PM

There was just something very sweet, natural and charismatic that went over well. Smith was always read as cold/stiff and Jackson was tough/smart. Whenever we played Charlies Angels when I was a kid, I was always stuck playing Sabrina because I was the only boy.

by Anonymousreply 137March 23, 2018 4:59 PM

It was her energy...

by Anonymousreply 138March 23, 2018 5:03 PM

I'm surprised many of you swallow 100% the PR spin of Farrah Fawcett the big star, respected actress and abused woman. Her career was a let down, and she faded into a do-nothing former-megawatt celebrity. It was like a trial run for Sharon Stone's fade to meh. And Farrah was obviously a substance abuser and many of her later appearances and projects were gut-wrenching train wrecks. Body painting for nudie magazines? Appearing bonkers on talk shows? Getting bashed around by another has-been substance abuser?

Doesn't take away from her youthful glory. But the hyperbole and Hollywood boilerplate on the thread. Sheesh!

by Anonymousreply 139March 23, 2018 5:11 PM

She wasn't a great photographic model, but on film and in action, you couldn't take your eyes off of her. I have read people said that all the time about her in person. When I was young I wasn't a fan. Now, looking back, I get it completely.

by Anonymousreply 140March 23, 2018 5:13 PM

Give me Bo Derek any day. I'm not saying Farrah didn't have charisma, but I could easily find a few dozen more beautiful women from that era.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141March 23, 2018 5:34 PM

Meh, Bo Derek was not curvy. She had boy hips and no waist.

by Anonymousreply 142March 23, 2018 5:40 PM

Bo's face looked like a leprechaun.

by Anonymousreply 143March 23, 2018 5:42 PM

Bo's face looked like a leprechaun.

by Anonymousreply 144March 23, 2018 5:42 PM

Bo also had zero charisma in front of the camera. She was a total cypher.

by Anonymousreply 145March 23, 2018 6:32 PM

Farrah was SO high most of her later life, she took it up her ass unprotected. Anal cancer is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 146March 23, 2018 8:10 PM

Heaps of people take it up the ass without protection r146, and they aren’t even high, some of them are sober and doing it for (gasp) fun and yet anal cancer rates remain pretty low so your statement is ridiculous. You don’t know how or why she ended up with it.

by Anonymousreply 147March 23, 2018 8:54 PM

Yes Bo Derek was a real dog. With all due respect Sir, you are nuts. She's gorgeous and so was Farrah.

by Anonymousreply 148March 23, 2018 8:58 PM

The picture in R135 gives me life. There was never another so gorgeous. the camera simply adored her and, growing up in the 70's there was a time not a day went by that you didn't here her name. I have to say I never understood that, even before the cancer, she started wearing her hair in some way that it always looked crispy. It was like she was wearing Top Ramen for a wig.

by Anonymousreply 149March 23, 2018 9:05 PM

I always thought that this was the better poster of her, but it's the other one that sold millions of copies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150March 23, 2018 9:23 PM

I'm with R150-I remember when I first got the red bathing suit poster-my mother worked at the mall, but when she described it to me she said that Farrah was wearing a red dress. I remember thinking it was some luscious, flowy thing and getting all excited for when she brought the poster home. Needless to say, I was disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 151March 23, 2018 9:27 PM

Haha! Proof right there that you were gay r151

by Anonymousreply 152March 23, 2018 9:33 PM

Yeah, she was all that. Honestly.

by Anonymousreply 153March 23, 2018 9:43 PM

No she wasn't beautiful. And the famous poster story is way exaggerated, it was probably popular in cheap hair salons, but not many teenagers had that in their bedrooms. Mothers didn't approve of that kind of things then. She was famous and fashionable, but in a Pamela Anderson sort of way. She wasn't even in 'Charlie's angels ' for very long maybe not even an entire season. Jaclyn Smith was the stunning one, and Cheryl ladd was very pretty, -no one missed Farah Fawcett when she left. She was not important in the success of the show. It was a great show, it was new, and FF was quickly forgotten. I still remember this cliffhanger, to this day: ' KELLY, she's DEAD!! Sabrina is DEAD!!!" from one of the last episodes. As clearly as I remember this one from Peyton Place: '.... After you RAPED Allyson!!". I miss the 70's. Every day. They were GREAT.

by Anonymousreply 154March 23, 2018 9:45 PM

[quote]I get ugly queens putting others down to feel better, but she’s passed.

Mary!

Your feelings about the dead... er, sorry, I mean, those who have "passed"... are quite tender and vulnerable!!

by Anonymousreply 155March 23, 2018 9:57 PM

R154 it is the best selling poster of all time so it’s popularity is not exaggerated. It was sold to teenage boys in droves whether their mothers liked it or not.

by Anonymousreply 156March 23, 2018 9:57 PM

Glowing beauty from kindness and such great hair!!!

by Anonymousreply 157March 23, 2018 10:00 PM

R156.Trashy mothers perhaps, but not middle class mothers. I don't believe for one second that the ' best selling ' poster anecdote is true. I was there and NOBODY I knew had it. Teenagers still had posters of Marilyn Monroe. That I saw a lot. Or horses. I suspect it was truck drivers and hairdressers who bought it mostly.

by Anonymousreply 158March 23, 2018 10:03 PM

LOL R61.

by Anonymousreply 159March 23, 2018 10:09 PM

I was just watching some of the Barbara Hutton story last night on YouTube. Great film. I've already seen it many times though. HBO should do an up dated version of it. I'd like that.

by Anonymousreply 160March 23, 2018 10:11 PM

Oh well if you don’t believe it then we’ll all just take your word for it r158.

Just because the red bathing suit now hangs in the Smithsonian doesn’t mean it was at all popular. It’s just there to remind the 3 people who bought the poster that it was no big deal.

by Anonymousreply 161March 23, 2018 10:17 PM

oh please that poster was everywhere and yes it was in teen boys rooms.

by Anonymousreply 162March 23, 2018 10:18 PM

It would never fly nowadays, of course! They can look at those trash whore Kardashians on their smartphones but no smut on the walls!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163March 23, 2018 10:22 PM

Well actually he WAS famous, but very overrated. Not very good in fact. And no it was not everywhere. AGAIN, Monroe was everywhere, in bedrooms, in stores, in bars, dinners, and restaurants, but I didn't see that fug farrah Fawcett around much. Get over yourselves. You think that you're in the know, you 're not.

by Anonymousreply 164March 23, 2018 10:23 PM

It was gone by the 80s. Marilyn and Elvis were back in the 80s. What period are you talking about, R164?

by Anonymousreply 165March 23, 2018 10:25 PM

70's. Monroe didn't 'come back in the 80's' she was always there. Like Dean. How many of you were old enough in the 70's to watch C'sA ? How many of you actually HAD the poster ? How many SAW it in a friend 's bedroom ?

by Anonymousreply 166March 23, 2018 10:36 PM

We are gay so we didnt have the poster dora dumbfuck. And yes i saw it in my FRIENDS ROOMS and in girls rooms too. WE SAW THE POSTER EVERYWHERE.

by Anonymousreply 167March 23, 2018 10:37 PM

You are LYING, BITCH !

by Anonymousreply 168March 23, 2018 10:38 PM

R164 you was mixing with people who had posters of horses on their walls! Horses! You were a dork, dear. Of course you never saw the Farrah posters. They were all the walls of kids you weren’t mixing with. The fact that you don’t find her attractive and don’t understand her appeal doesn’t mean, that for a moment there, she wasn’t incredibly popular.

by Anonymousreply 169March 23, 2018 10:43 PM

R167, who is WE ??? Your multiple personalities ? Are you Val from knits Landing? In the 70's, people were still normal, not crazy like you, so you weren't 'GAY' until you had actually fucked a guy, and even then, it took openly living with a man to be refered to as a homo. There was no such thing as a 'GAY' child you moron.

by Anonymousreply 170March 23, 2018 10:45 PM

It was everywhere. My freshman roommate at an IVY LEAGUE SCHOOL put it on his wall and I was mortified because I thought I would be escaping such trashiness!

by Anonymousreply 171March 23, 2018 10:46 PM

Is this freak the rebirth of AIKC??

by Anonymousreply 172March 23, 2018 10:48 PM

Exactly R171! TRASHINESS! Its you 'were' R169, you illiterate cunt. And NO I was not mixing with the kind od people who would buy that poster. What do I know about life in the trailer park ?

by Anonymousreply 173March 23, 2018 10:50 PM

R147, It’s pretty obvious to anyone how she ended up with it.

From an HPV-infected cock up her ass.

by Anonymousreply 174March 23, 2018 10:55 PM

And it’s written “it’s” r173

And I assume by od you meant of?

by Anonymousreply 175March 23, 2018 10:57 PM

R158 is certifiably insane. I was in my late teens-mid20s in the CA era, and I was living in an UMC home in Virginia.

EVERY BOY had that poster in their room. No she was nothing like Pamela Anderson, and finally, NO boy had the hots for Jaclyn Smith. It was not a matter of which woman was the prettier of the two. JS was not sexy...no one saw her as their dream girl.

This s the truth, and I am sorry that it doesn't match your idealized notion of Jaclyn and Marilyn.

by Anonymousreply 176March 23, 2018 10:58 PM

This cunt is a cookie clearer and a true troll. Just block.

by Anonymousreply 177March 23, 2018 10:59 PM

You americans believe in your own sub culture. Pathetic. You deserve Trump

by Anonymousreply 178March 23, 2018 11:11 PM

JFC. All of [italic]this[/italic] over Farrah. This thread is shaping up to be like the draining pasta drama and the other asinine and petty bullshit over which DLers fight.

by Anonymousreply 179March 23, 2018 11:12 PM

She is absolutely gorgeous in The Dating Game clip.

by Anonymousreply 180March 23, 2018 11:19 PM

Petty is where DL lives r179. No amount of napping will change that.

by Anonymousreply 181March 23, 2018 11:23 PM

She was a FUG, a shit actress, a c-list celeb, so there. BUMP

by Anonymousreply 182March 23, 2018 11:25 PM

She was always D-list.

Even on the day she died, she was overshadowed by a drugged-up pedophile.

by Anonymousreply 183March 23, 2018 11:31 PM

Thks R183

by Anonymousreply 184March 24, 2018 12:00 AM

I love both Farrah and Jaclyn. My initial impression of Farrah was her looks was kinda mannish but with a very beautiful womanly hair. And when she smile, its like a Christmas tree lit. She's dazzling. I think I started falling in love with her in that episode where she skateboarded. I thought she's amazing. Pretty and she can skateboard. Lol. I've always believe Jaclyn is the prettier one but as others here said, she lacks Farrah's sex appeal. Both are drop-dead gorgeous in their own different ways and curiously, they both have green eyes? I also think Kate Jackson is very pretty. My cousin actually though she has the prettiest face among the 3.

by Anonymousreply 185March 24, 2018 12:06 AM

Beautiful and remarkable american actresses of the 70's = Katharine Ross, Faye Dunaway, Ali Mcgraw, Mia Farrow, Jane Fonda, Diane Keaton. Please let that fug Farrah Fawcett sink into oblivion. She was the flavor of the month in a popular tv show. Sub-sub culture.

by Anonymousreply 186March 24, 2018 12:06 AM

Farrah's 1965 Senior photo from Ray High School, Corpus Christie, TX.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187March 24, 2018 12:14 AM

Most Beautiful 1965 Ray High School Corpus Christie TX.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188March 24, 2018 12:18 AM

R186 and your numerous other posts on this thread, young straight men in the 80s didn't know who Marilyn Monroe was. She'd been dead 20 years by then and most were only aware of celebrities on tv and movies at that time. It doesn't make you better or special because you had a poster of Marilyn and it didn't make them trash for paying attention to Farrah. You're too invested in trying to prove a point that you can't prove. You're having a melt down for something that people won't even think about tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 189March 24, 2018 12:18 AM

Farrah 1966 University of Texas - Austin. Delta Delta Delta Sorority Girls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190March 24, 2018 12:25 AM

She was dazzling. But then this is the fruit of her loins. Nature can be cruel sometimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191March 24, 2018 12:26 AM

Hey, she was willing to do anal. DL fave!

by Anonymousreply 192March 24, 2018 12:29 AM

Last One.

Farrah - University of Texas - Austin - Ten Most Beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193March 24, 2018 12:29 AM

not into blonds; but yeah faucett was stunning. an archetypal beauty of the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 194March 24, 2018 12:31 AM

R189 I didn't say that I had a poster of monroe and I didn't have one. Many of my teenage friends did. No body, NOBODY had the FF poster.

by Anonymousreply 195March 24, 2018 12:32 AM

I had a poster of the Golden Girls.

by Anonymousreply 196March 24, 2018 12:33 AM

They made a Farrah Barbie based on that poster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197March 24, 2018 12:35 AM

The answer is, YES, in a 1970s kind of way.

"She was the result of an aggressive marketing campaign and poster sale..."

Right, but in the vapid 1970s, that was cool. It was her lack of anything other than looking like a poster that killed her "career." She was a terrible and dull actress, and one can only play victims (burning bed) once.

by Anonymousreply 198March 24, 2018 12:45 AM

I never did anal.

by Anonymousreply 199March 24, 2018 12:45 AM

She must have done a ton of anal.

No wonder she’s a DL icon.

by Anonymousreply 200March 24, 2018 12:57 AM

R186, please lighten up. You point is well taken but the masses disagree with you based upon Farah's best selling poster and popularity. She was blonde, sexy, beautiful smile with a great athletic body and very natural looking. No duck lips or breast implants or even a chin implant like Marilyn Monroe. And she was a slim size 4 at the height of her fame. Not a hefty size 12 like Monroe.

by Anonymousreply 201March 24, 2018 12:59 AM

National news!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202March 24, 2018 1:02 AM

One of my friends in high school had "The Poster" tacked to the ceiling over his bed. I can only imagine how much cum he splattered jerking off to that. And I imagined it often.

by Anonymousreply 203March 24, 2018 1:24 AM

What a bunch of bitches. (But consider where we are!) You sound like the frumpy, unattractive women in the Midwest when I was growing up who kept saying how "ugly" Farrah Fawcett was and how much more beautiful Jaclyn Smith and Kate Jackson was. Now Kate Jackson is a very attractive woman and I really liked her even when "Charlie's Angels" started because I saw her in "Dark Shadows" and other shows. And Jaclyn Smith was and is a beautiful woman, but in a more muted way. Although the previous poster who compared her to a Sears catalog model was a bit harsh, I see what he or she was driving at. But come on. If you were there at the time, you know that Farrah was beautiful. She may have been a little unconventional looking with her angular features, but she was still a knockout and everyone knew it. Even as a little sixth-grade gay boy with no attraction to women whatsoever, I knew she was hot. And cool. And something that you just didn't see every often. As previous posters said, she had "it." She just did. I had the fucking poster just because she was so cool. (I didn't even notice the nipples until a few years later.) I know everyone's tastes are different, but when I hear you bitter queens say Farrah was "ugly," I just just see a bunch of envious Midwest cows in hideous 70s polyester outfits saying the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 204March 24, 2018 1:54 AM

Sorry, should have said "...how much more beautiful Jaclyn Smith and Kate Jackson were." Mea culpa.

by Anonymousreply 205March 24, 2018 1:56 AM

Maybe you had to have been there. I didn't grow up in the 70s and to my eye her beauty doesn't hold up at all. You can see prettier girls in any mall across the country. That hard, pinched face, big nose and thin lips considered beautiful? No.

by Anonymousreply 206March 24, 2018 2:10 AM

Yes, she was gorgeous. But you know who was really beautiful but no one ever talks about? Joanna Cassidy.

by Anonymousreply 207March 24, 2018 2:19 AM

I thought it was cool how Joanna Cassidy came back to film the stunt scene 25 years later for Blade Runner: The Final Cut, to replace the stunt double with a bad wig, and she still looked the same. Her looks held up very well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208March 24, 2018 2:35 AM

R206 probably thinks Miley Cyrus is a beautiful woman.

by Anonymousreply 209March 24, 2018 11:22 AM

Or that other plain Jane, Kaley Cuoco.

by Anonymousreply 210March 24, 2018 11:32 AM

"You can see prettier girls in any mall across the country."

No. You can't.

by Anonymousreply 211March 24, 2018 11:35 AM

[quote]I never thought so. All hair and teeth.

That's funny, NO feathered hair or flashing teeth for the first half of this commercial and I've never seen her looking more elegant and beautiful.

A lot of people seem to think Farrah's beauty being dependent on perfect teeth and a teased lion's mane was like pulling a rabbit out of a hat----but LISTEN GOOD:

One can't pull a rabbit out of a hat unless there's already a rabbit IN the hat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212March 24, 2018 12:45 PM

Who knew DL could be so sensitive to the touch about Farrah Fawcett?

No, I don't think Miley Cyrus is beautiful (more like an inbred hick). But Farrah's 'look' whatever it was, hasn't held up like, say Elizabeth Taylor's or Audrey Hepburn's. Those were timeless beauties.

Just look at this thread. It sounds like it was more about being there and experiencing the 70s with Farrah. But objectively - no she wasn't a beauty. Striking, memorable - maybe. Having an 'it' factor for the time? Sure. But it hasn't aged well.

by Anonymousreply 213March 24, 2018 2:12 PM

You're not convincing me, R212. She looks dead behind the eyes. Her face is ok, but nothing spectacular. Reminds me of one of those overhyped models who are good for hanging clothes on but nothing special, really, at the end of the day. Gisele Bundchen for example.

by Anonymousreply 214March 24, 2018 2:37 PM

[quote] I know everyone's tastes are different, but when I hear you bitter queens say Farrah was "ugly," I just just see a bunch of envious Midwest cows in hideous 70s polyester outfits saying the same thing.

Mary!

You just gave them all a GOOD PIECE of your MIND!

by Anonymousreply 215March 24, 2018 2:40 PM

And., R215....?

by Anonymousreply 216March 24, 2018 2:49 PM

Farrah had a nice poster. I always wondered why she was so famous. I guess she bearded for famous actors.

by Anonymousreply 217March 24, 2018 2:51 PM

R215 is too busy rearranging herself in her Snuggie to reply.

by Anonymousreply 218March 24, 2018 2:51 PM

Interesting side note to the commercial shown in R12, Lucille Ball was the original choice for that ad, and it would have made a lot more since what better way to promote a car called Cougar, than with a Cougar, Lucy was in her 60s at that point and the ads would have been shot for shot the same as the ones with Farrah, but with an actual sexy older woman. As it stands, the commercial doesn't make sense, since Farrah was a young woman and not a Cougar. Suffice to say, at the last minute Lucy had cold feet and asked from advice from her usual source and he (of course!) gave the Cougar ad, the old thumbs down.

by Anonymousreply 219March 24, 2018 3:03 PM

Farrah had the ass of death- literally.

by Anonymousreply 220March 24, 2018 3:32 PM

[quote]But Farrah's 'look' whatever it was, hasn't held up like, say Elizabeth Taylor's... Those were timeless beauties.

Ohhhh, I strongly disagree R213. The earlier photographs of Taylor’s life remain timeless. But for those of us who are younger? Sorry, the memory image is of an obese blob in a wheelchair. With a history of being a home wrecker.

by Anonymousreply 221March 24, 2018 3:43 PM

One who knows film history (of any age) and has seen even one Elizabeth Taylor movie- like A Place In The Sun wouldn't remember her as a blob in a wheelchair. Please don't show your ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 222March 24, 2018 4:17 PM

Straight men are weird sometimes... This girl looked like a skeleton in the face. Most blondes wouldn't be considered as good-looking if they were brunettes. That's why the true great beauties are mostly all brunettes.

by Anonymousreply 223March 24, 2018 4:42 PM

Major fail, R219. Thanks for playing.

by Anonymousreply 224March 24, 2018 4:49 PM

Farrah is stunning in that Cougar commercial and also pretty brave to be petting a wild cat like that.

by Anonymousreply 225March 24, 2018 4:55 PM

Wow, I'm going to put R219 in that "people I'm embarrassed for" thread.

by Anonymousreply 226March 24, 2018 4:58 PM

As a little pencil-dialer, even I had the red swimsuit poster in my bedroom in middle school. I loved Charlie's Angels.

I think I had a small magazine picture of the three of them taped to a book cover in school, and remember one male teacher in science class saying something like " wow, they're hot, aren't they?"

Of course, as the gay boy I was, I wanted to be Sabrina /Kate Jackson

by Anonymousreply 227March 24, 2018 5:51 PM

Put me in the group who will always have the Studio 54 era Mrs John Warner images in my head of Elizabeth.

Just as I cannot forget the meltdown of Farrah on Letterman. I wish neither had happened, but they did.

And for the poster who said most great beauties are brunettes, I say baloney.

by Anonymousreply 228March 24, 2018 6:52 PM

Of course different people have different ideas of beauty. I generally think brunettes are more beautiful but Liz had a very short window of when she was extremely beautiful. Dunno if it was drinking, pills or just weight gain or what. But Liz hit the wall really early. And I mean really early. I think she was just meh by the time she did Cleopatra.

Farrah was literally the poster girl of her era. Even if she wasn't the "type" you usually respond to, you really should be able to see that she had mass appeal. Like others have said, she was that athletic, fun, All-American, wholesome but still sexy, beach blonde that was considered the ideal in the mid-late 70s & early 80s. Christie Brinkley came along around the same time with a lot of the same attributes. It was what was considered beautiful then.

by Anonymousreply 229March 24, 2018 7:15 PM

[quote]Jaclyn vs Farrah is like Jackie vs Marilyn. Being beautiful is different from who you'd want to fuck.

Marilyn was both more beautiful and more fuckable than bugface Jackie.

Who you want to fuck and who you want to marry, sure.

by Anonymousreply 230March 24, 2018 7:16 PM

Marilyn Monroe was 5 feet 5 inches and weighed between 118-140 pounds during her life.

Farrah Fawcet was 5 feet 6 and weighed 135 pounds during Charlie's Angels.

Monroe wasn't fat. Fawcet wasn't a skeleton.

Neither one was a natural beauty.

by Anonymousreply 231March 24, 2018 9:32 PM

Farrah was never a classic beauty, but she was certainly beautiful. At her best, she was absolutely radiant.

by Anonymousreply 232March 24, 2018 10:38 PM

Didn't Bobbi Boland have at least one preview?

by Anonymousreply 233March 24, 2018 10:41 PM

Elizabeth was beyond gorgeous when she was young, by the 60s she looked like a hot mess.

Did you know this about Farrah?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234March 24, 2018 11:33 PM

She’s not so healthy looking now.

by Anonymousreply 235March 24, 2018 11:39 PM

Please you old queens please stop with the Liz Taylor nonsense. She was short with stubby legs, no neck and a flat ass. She had pretty eyes but was never what I would consider sexy. Striking for the times but continued to gain weight over the years. Her face was very sterile looking. Not sexy. And Audrey Heburn was a lovely women very pixiieish with no real figure and over exaggerated figures just like Julia Roberts. And nether one was sexy.

Enough with these pedestrian looking brunettes.

by Anonymousreply 236March 24, 2018 11:55 PM

Yeah Taylor was a dog.

by Anonymousreply 237March 25, 2018 12:01 AM

I’d sign up to look like that dog.

by Anonymousreply 238March 25, 2018 1:09 AM

Well, bow wow wow.

by Anonymousreply 239March 25, 2018 1:32 AM

A very young Farrah on "The Dating Game". No feathering or Way Bandy slap. Just a fresh, glowing, gorgeous all-American girl next door. Who happens to be a knockout.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240March 25, 2018 1:40 AM

Golden goddess at the Oscars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241March 25, 2018 1:41 AM

What more proof do the old gays need R241? Yes she had lots of teeth and didn't have the classic features of Vivien Leigh or Grace Kelley. But Farrah was gorgeous and never ever ever looked slutty. That can't be said of Marilyn, Liz, Ava or Sophia. Her beauty radiates from a gleaming health and vitality, a confident sweetness and (then) new style Hollywood glamor. She's naked in that gold gown but there's nothing retro Marilyn or Jean Harlow about her. Farrah was a glamor chick for sure but women must have liked her too, from a distance. She'd beat you at tennis, not steal your man. There are other beauties always. But Farrah wasn't dull and adenoidal like Ali MacGraw or classy ashy blonde and bland like Candice Bergen. She sure as fuck wasn't tacky and fat and acquisitive like Liz Taylor. Taylor's look always said "Feed ME." Diamonds, food, drugs, dick, money, gifts, compliments, awards. Her sense of entitlement outlasted her looks by about 50 years.

To parse beauty too closely is to lose it forever. Farrah was a knockout. So was Diana Ross in the 1970s.

by Anonymousreply 242March 25, 2018 2:16 AM

It was definitely the California blonde 'it' girl period - she fit the bill. Cheryl Tiegs was the biggest model at the time - and you could probably say the same thing about her.

Blonde, hot girl next door. And she was very sweet as well.

by Anonymousreply 243March 25, 2018 2:20 AM

In 77 I was 14 and not only did everyone have the poster but that image was also available as an “iron on” T-shirt at the mall. It was popular enough that my public NYC Intermediate School made a point of banning it - and public schools of that era had virtually no dress codes.

by Anonymousreply 244March 25, 2018 3:20 AM

ryan ruined her life, as he did others...

by Anonymousreply 245March 25, 2018 3:32 AM

Who gave her the cancer ass? Ryan or someone else?

by Anonymousreply 246March 25, 2018 5:22 AM

I had a poster too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247March 25, 2018 5:32 AM

Well oddly enough r246 she didn’t say. How rude of her! Perhaps you could launch an investigation.

by Anonymousreply 248March 25, 2018 5:33 AM

[quote]Well, I was going to ask if her pussy stank- but if she got cancer from taking it up the pooper I know the answer.

[quote]Farrah was SO high most of her later life, she took it up her ass unprotected. Anal cancer is a bitch.

[quote]Hey, she was willing to do anal. DL fave!

[quote]Farrah had the ass of death- literally.

[quote]Who gave her the cancer ass? Ryan or someone else?

by Anonymousreply 249March 25, 2018 5:34 AM

Thanks, Kate. Your posters look like someone made a collage of one of the moms at my old elementary school.

by Anonymousreply 250March 25, 2018 5:39 AM

She was glorious.

by Anonymousreply 251March 25, 2018 5:40 AM

I don't mean to sound like a naïve child, but is it possible that when a woman acquires HPV from basic penis in vagina intercourse that the HPV could wend its way into the rectal region? That doesn't sound farfetched to me seeing as my BFF caught herpes from basic sex and her worse outbreaks are inside her ass crack, at the base of her spine and yes on the rectum itself. And trust me, she won't even allow a finger in her butt.

If ass cancer was so prevalent in practitioners of anal, why don't more gay men have it? One would think it would be up there with Hep and HIV.

Any thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 252March 25, 2018 6:46 AM

Of course all of that is possible r252. If unprotected anal sex was the only cause of the cancer then a lot more people would have it. However it’s a relatively rare cancer. HPV, not anal sex, is often present plus a bunch of other factors like a history of smoking. The HPV doesn’t need to have been contracted through anal sex.

by Anonymousreply 253March 25, 2018 7:01 AM

Half a million gays in the US died from ass fucking. Leave Farrah's cancer alone.

by Anonymousreply 254March 25, 2018 7:08 AM

I think it was her hair. Everyone wanted Farrah hair.

Some people don't have perfect features but are what is called 'photogenic'. Perfectly regular features aren't always interesting, if there's no personality or charisma.

Was never really a fan or followed her work but she got some very good critical reviews for some of her acting.

by Anonymousreply 255March 25, 2018 7:12 AM

Farrah was definitely photogenic r255. It’s a trait that can’t be underestimated. One of my sisters is considered very pretty, however she almost always looks terrible in photos. It’s a good thing she never had aspirations to be a model because she simply doesn’t photograph well.

by Anonymousreply 256March 25, 2018 9:02 AM

What causes that r256? Why do some look better in photos than they do in life, yet some look worse? I can't understand why this looking people can look bad in pics, and some fuggos look good in pics.

by Anonymousreply 257March 25, 2018 9:08 AM

*good, not this.

by Anonymousreply 258March 25, 2018 9:09 AM

I don’t know r258. I know that my sister never quite relaxes with a camera pointed at her. She’s certainly not a person prone to taking endless selfies. She has a very expressive face so she finds it difficult to just smile down the barrel for longer than a few seconds and so, without meaning too, she squints or frowns or looks bored. And it’s been that way since she was a kid. Farrah on the hand was loved by the camera, and regardless of how beautiful people think she really was or wasn’t, I don’t think there’s any denying she was very photogenic.

by Anonymousreply 259March 25, 2018 9:32 AM

I am the living proof of that R257. I take an amazing picture, and I look much better on film than I do IRL. My BFF hates it, and she is constantly ragging on me about it. We recently returned from Spain and after I had all the photos printed up and displayed she said, "Dammit Cris, you look nothing like that in person! I hate you."

Not sure why, but I believe that my good bone structure and huge blue eyes(think Heather Graham) some how seem to pop on film.

by Anonymousreply 260March 25, 2018 9:50 AM

I was reading an article where Melissa Gilbert spoke about her experience working with Farrah when her career was really on slide in 2003 - Hollywood Wives: The New Generation! Apparently Farrah would go into hair and makeup for ages, then come out and see her younger co-stars, burst into tears telling them that they were "so young and beautiful" and then go back into hair and makeup for another couple of hours.

Depressing stuff. I wonder of she was missing her youth or regretting her bad surgery choices? Probably both.

by Anonymousreply 261March 25, 2018 11:39 AM

R257 I look bad in pictures, my sister also looked bad - when she was quite pretty irl. I think it may be something to do with our coloring or complexions.

So we're not the only ones lol! Getting a selfie is always a drama for me.

by Anonymousreply 262March 25, 2018 11:47 AM

She is spectacularly gorgeous in both the Dating Game and Oscar clips. I think she and Marilyn are the most photogentic women of the 20th century.

by Anonymousreply 263March 25, 2018 4:03 PM

Its not just that she's beautiful,she absolutely glows.

by Anonymousreply 264March 25, 2018 5:20 PM

I think I barfed up some lint.

by Anonymousreply 265March 25, 2018 5:31 PM

OP = black or Latino., I guarantee it.

by Anonymousreply 266March 25, 2018 5:51 PM

R263 If you are referring to me(since I believe I am the only person who mentioned HG in this thread, I am not a Heather Graham lookalike. I look nothing like her. I have the same oversized blue eyes. That's the extent of it.

by Anonymousreply 267March 25, 2018 5:53 PM

Farrah was gorgeous. Best hair in the biz during her time. Great body, natural boobs before the boob job.

I think Jackie Smith was gorgeous, but she was no Farrah.

Farrah is an icon in American Entertainment History.

by Anonymousreply 268March 25, 2018 6:01 PM

About the red swimsuit poster, made into an iron-on T-shirt:

[quote]my public NYC Intermediate School made a point of banning it

It was the nipples, of course. I may have had a t-shirt like that, too. At some point some of the images being marketed and published had airbrushed the erect nips out; this was way before photoshop.

Looking back, I'm amazed at how sexy so much tv was in that way, back then. Farrah was bra-less in like half of the first season.

by Anonymousreply 269March 25, 2018 6:05 PM

Regarding being photogenic - we just take for granted that cameras “see” things the same way our eyes do - but they don’t. Lenses, and the process of transforming three dimensional reality into a two dimensional image introduce all sorts of distortions. Some of us have features that distort “better” others “worse.” Uma Thurman is one example of an actress who looked “better” on film than in person.

by Anonymousreply 270March 25, 2018 6:07 PM

R269 - you are right about the nipple - that’s the reason the T-shirt was banned. And as for TV being sexier - it was also “dirtier” - have you watched old episodes of Match Game lately - the amount of sexual innuendo and off color jokes would never fly today in shows that aired right after school. Now as someone who watched a ton of these shows growing up I don’t think it hurt us in the slightest - but it gives the “think of the children” crowd sometime to fill the empty hours.

by Anonymousreply 271March 25, 2018 6:15 PM

$1.25.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272March 25, 2018 7:11 PM

I've read that some movie directors, etc. have said that for some people "The camera loves them."

Some of the people who are glorious on film may not be very good at acting, but on film, they have a huge advantage.

by Anonymousreply 273March 25, 2018 7:15 PM

R271 when I watch TV repeats nowadays, it's something I always notice. Or listening to music of that era. When I was a kid, the inferences went over my head, but I get them now.

I kind of wonder how they got away with it. But maybe because a lot of it was implied and not overtly stated, as it is now, it could find its way around the censors.

Farrah was a bit before my time, but I think as someone said 'for all of her sex appeal, there always seemed an abiding innocence in Farrah's beauty' and that may have been a factor - because there's little of that now. The actresses of that time could be coyly sexy, while remaining covered up and not doing extra graphic scenes - as so many of them rely on now. I actually think the beauties of yesteryear were truly hotter than they are now.

Unfortunately she had bad relationships (Ryan O'Neal is an absolute wreck) and didn't age well, with bad surgery and of course she was very ill. She made some good dramatic films and a shame she didn't do more of that - it's a way she could have progressed as she got older - but Hollywood is absolutely brutal to middle aged women even if they do have a real talent for acting.

by Anonymousreply 274March 26, 2018 2:45 AM

[quote] where Melissa Gilbert spoke about her experience working with Farrah when her career was really on slide in 2003 - Hollywood Wives: The New Generation! Apparently Farrah would go into hair and makeup for ages, then come out and see her younger co-stars, burst into tears telling them that they were "so young and beautiful" and then go back into hair and makeup for another couple of hours.

I suppose if you are soooo beautiful from a girl and everyone remarks on it and it leads to a career based on your looks and subsequent wealth and fame, that you must be a very strong, smart person to realize that that kind of beauty does not last forever.

I have no patience with people like this. She rode the gravy train for a good part of her life, based almost solely on her looks and she never bothered to even consider that unless she died young, her looks would go?

by Anonymousreply 275March 26, 2018 3:12 AM

You’re not naive r252. Most women who get anal cancer don’t get it from anal sex. The area of the anus where the cancer is at (the opening) is close to the vaginal area and hpv is a skin on skin disease so yes it’s possibe and likely because of that.

Farrah was diagnosed at 59. A colonoscopy at. 50 or 55 would’ve caught at an easily curable stage.

Most people who get hpv clear it and there’s no lingering effects. When pSAs for routine Pap tests came out in the 60s (Joan Crawford did one) cervical cancer diagnosis dropped by more than 80%. Most women who get a cervical cancer diagnosis haven’t had a Pap test in over 2 years.

Ryan O’Neal said Farrah had a tough time going through menopause, which is when she did the playboy spreads and the full nude scene in the Robert Altman film. O’Neal was cheating on her with a 27 year old co star. Farrah’s 1995 playboy issue was one of the best selling issues they had. She was paid $1 million plus a percentage of each issue sold.

I thought she was great in the apostle with Robert Duvall.

by Anonymousreply 276March 26, 2018 4:58 AM

Thanks for posting that photo, r187. When I first saw it, I thought it was from her college years. I guess high-school students back then looked a lot more mature than they do now.

by Anonymousreply 277March 26, 2018 1:57 PM

Farrah seems to have been very easygoing like a youngest child. Very flighty. Why was she in such a long relationship both a known gay like Lee majors. Was Ryan straight? Didn't she meet majors at university?

In Canada, docs don't do colonoscopy or PSA tests. Just a fecal test.

by Anonymousreply 278March 26, 2018 3:14 PM

She was so beautiful. Shame about her early demise and taste in men. .

Not to be trivial. I see you all are talking about medical things now by YouTube the Barbara Walters interview with her. The first one. I could not believe the house that she and Majors lived in.

by Anonymousreply 279March 26, 2018 3:23 PM

Not true at all about colonoscopies in Canada R278. Everyone is advised to have one by age 50 and follow ups at appropriate intervals depending on the findings. Like all other tests and procedures there is no charge to the patient AND you get propofol!

A PSA test is available as routine blood work at anytime. My lipids, CBC, Liver and Kidney functions and AIC is done every six months with other tests such as PSA and testosterone levels tested less frequently. Don't spread misinformation about Canadian healthcare. I've had two nose jobs done by top surgeons at no cost to me. Family members have had lung resections, open heart surgery, multiple knee operations and many tests and scans. Psychiatrists for years and lots of physiotherapy. All at no cost.

by Anonymousreply 280March 26, 2018 3:28 PM

I met Farrah Fawcett a year or so after she left Charlie’s Angels when she was dating Dan Pastorini.

Incredibly beautiful. All of it.

by Anonymousreply 281March 26, 2018 3:35 PM

The fight between the bachelors was so unbelievable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282March 26, 2018 3:51 PM

Lee Majors is not a "known gay" anywhere outside of DL, R278.

by Anonymousreply 283March 26, 2018 3:51 PM

Interesting, r282, that she ended up with the bachelor who kinda looks like Ryan O'Neal when he was that age.

by Anonymousreply 284March 26, 2018 3:54 PM

R280, you might have risk factor. I'm 56 and don't get colonoscopy or PSA. This is BC. The fecal test is used instead of colonoscopy. The health system in Canada is a joke. Very rude and lazy staff.

by Anonymousreply 285March 26, 2018 4:31 PM

Not perfect looking like so many people think, bit definitely pretty and photogenic. Much more so than Lono Anderson or Mondo fug Suzanne Somers. Somers was always an ugly bitch, never got the allure. Loni was okay, but that shade of blonde clashes with her complexion....too harsh. Helmet hair and manly hips too. And her nose was oddly shaped.

by Anonymousreply 286March 26, 2018 4:34 PM

R283, dl is very conservative about naming gays given how much inside info is here. I'm straight,btw. Gays here actually call a lot of gay celebrities bi when the celeb is clearly gay. You can basically say that all male Hollywood actors are gay.

by Anonymousreply 287March 26, 2018 4:36 PM

I buy the fact that Lee Majors was casting couch gay with Rock Hudson, but I don't buy that Farrah and his Playboy Playmate wives were all bearding. What would be the purpose of him bearding many years after his career was over?

by Anonymousreply 288March 26, 2018 4:43 PM

R288, his career is never over. He has residuals and a legacy to worry about. Most gay actors beard to the end. Most gays are in denial to themselves . Being gay is a stigma whether you have a career or not.

by Anonymousreply 289March 26, 2018 5:08 PM

Most gays would probably beard if they had the money.

by Anonymousreply 290March 26, 2018 5:18 PM

R287, When has DL been conservative about naming gays? If a guy is goodlooking, built and seen within 25 feet of another man, he's automatically called gay.

by Anonymousreply 291March 26, 2018 6:50 PM

Farrah had charisma. Not in Grace Kelly territory but then again, who was/is? No one.

by Anonymousreply 292March 26, 2018 7:01 PM

Ass cancer. Whore!

by Anonymousreply 293March 26, 2018 7:26 PM

She really was good in The Apostle - it’s a great film all around

by Anonymousreply 294March 26, 2018 9:16 PM

[quote]Farrah had charisma. Not in Grace Kelly territory but then again, who was/is? No one.

Grace was undoubtedly more "beautiful" but other than Monroe NO other blonde in the 20th century had Farrah's level of personal magnetism and charisma. Even while appearing in some crass commercial.

Even the NAME was exciting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295March 27, 2018 11:28 AM

GREAT BALLS O' COMFORT!

by Anonymousreply 296March 27, 2018 9:44 PM

R252, she got it from anal.

Actually, anal cancer is very rare (not to be confused with rectal cancer which is quite common).

Many people are infected with HPV, but may never develop cancer from it. But HPV infection is the most likely cause of anal and cervical cancers.

by Anonymousreply 297March 27, 2018 10:14 PM

Interesting that she was a presenter at the Oscars but was ignored when it came to the "In Memoriam."

by Anonymousreply 298March 27, 2018 10:17 PM

This one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299March 27, 2018 11:49 PM

Not true R297. Cervical shedding, fingering and toys can spread HPV. HPV is a skin on skin disease which means secondary transmission from a sexual encounter is possible. In women the anus and vaginal area are close together.

Most women who get anal cancer are over 50 and it takes many many years after the initial HPV infection to turn into cancer. A weakened immune system (which everyone has after 50) speeds up the process. In male cases, often times it's men who are HIV positive that have anal cancer. Again, most people who contract an HPV infection (and there are over 100 different kinds) never have any lingering health issues with it. Farrah was one of the unfortunate ones. There are two types of HPV that are cause virtually all of the cervical/anal/penile cancer cases.

Although it is available, an anal pap test is rarely used. That or colonoscopy at the recommended age would've saved her life and it could've been treated before turning into cancer and the treatment would've been fairly minimal.

by Anonymousreply 300March 28, 2018 12:09 AM

R300... I read that she also refused the appropriate chemotherapy after she was diagnosed, in favor of herbals and other shit. But I don't know if that's true.

by Anonymousreply 301March 28, 2018 12:21 AM

One of her last TV appearances

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302March 28, 2018 1:05 AM

[quote]Even the NAME was exciting.

It's Arabic. Her dad named her. He worked oil fields. Probably did work in the Mideast along with TX.

by Anonymousreply 303March 28, 2018 2:34 AM

She just oooozed sex.

by Anonymousreply 304March 28, 2018 2:55 AM

I lived through the Farrah period. I had her poster and knew she was very pretty. She just wasn't a good actress. She had a flat voice and as someone up-thread mentioned, dead behind the eyes. She is not known as a great actress, but rather, most improved. Too bad she died too young.

by Anonymousreply 305March 28, 2018 3:28 AM

The big mourh was a seventies fetish as bj's were only just becoming socially acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 306March 28, 2018 3:37 AM

Bless your heart r306

by Anonymousreply 307March 28, 2018 6:28 AM

Was Ryan O'Neal gay? His daughter and Mac were gay. These Hollywood families seem to be mostly gay.

by Anonymousreply 308March 28, 2018 12:00 PM

This is DL, R308! Of course he's gay! As is Lee majors! As is everyone! We command it!

by Anonymousreply 309March 28, 2018 5:48 PM

Ryan O'Neal maybe is one of the few straight people in hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 310March 28, 2018 5:55 PM

I believe Farrah's parents were also gay. Her rough trade son is of course, gay.

by Anonymousreply 311March 28, 2018 5:55 PM

Was Bosley gay?

by Anonymousreply 312March 28, 2018 6:01 PM

David Doyle wasn't gay.

The character Bosley could have been.

Tom Bosley wasn't gay either.

by Anonymousreply 313March 28, 2018 6:22 PM

Wait, was Ritchie Cunningham's dad actually gay?

by Anonymousreply 314March 28, 2018 8:01 PM

No, R314.

by Anonymousreply 315March 28, 2018 9:25 PM

They were all gay! All emn mentioned by DL are gay!! Who are they kidding!!! 50 year marriages?! BEARDS!!!

by Anonymousreply 316March 28, 2018 10:04 PM

There have been beard marriages that long R316. Don't kid yourself.

by Anonymousreply 317March 29, 2018 12:27 AM

Eleanor Roosevelt fucked Farrah Fawcett?

by Anonymousreply 318March 29, 2018 12:31 AM

Sadly, Farrah lost her beard from the chemo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319March 29, 2018 12:39 AM

They were all gay.

by Anonymousreply 320March 29, 2018 12:40 AM

R314 DL believes: If you’re hot and young actor you are gay. There are NO exceptions.

If you’re older and still attractive you are gay, but we don’t really care anymore.

If you get old and start to look like shit we will deny ever thinking you were gay and if you are we don’t want you anyway. “The straights can have him!”

If you’re annoying and psycho, but relatively still ok looking we will deny ever thinking that you were gay despite being absolutely convinced you were 15 years ago. (Please see Tom Cruise for reference)

If you’re old and never hot, we just don’t care one way or another. If your wiki page says your straight we wont argue because meh someone has to be straight in Hollywood, so tag you’re it.

by Anonymousreply 321March 29, 2018 12:42 AM

Hollywood actors seem to be 95% gay. I'm straight and always thought mist actors were straight until I started reading dl. My impression is that bearding has been going on for several generations and the fake marriages are producing gay children. I think Angelina jolies parents were gay and they produced two gay kids . It's no secret that at least one of jolies kids is gay. In the real world, I think no more than 5% are gay. People who come on here and mock our tendency to see all actors as gay seem uninvested in the conversation and are just doing a publicity effort.

by Anonymousreply 322March 29, 2018 12:49 AM

SEXY AND BEAUTIful are two different things.

by Anonymousreply 323March 29, 2018 1:15 AM

The song Midnight Train to Georgia had initially been inspired by Fawcett and Lee Majors. Songwriter James Dawn "Jim" Weatherly phoned Majors, who was one of his friends, but it was Fawcett who actually answered the call. Weatherly and Fawcett chatted briefly and she told him she was going to visit her mother and was taking "the midnight plane to Houston." Although Majors and Fawcett were both successful by that time, Weatherly used them as "characters" in his song, about a failed actress who leaves Los Angeles and is followed by her boyfriend who cannot live without her. Eventually the genders were swapped to a failed actor who leaves Los Angeles and is followed by his girlfriend who cannot live without him, a train replaced the plane, and Houston was changed to Georgia. The recording by Gladys Knight & the Pips attained the number 1 position on the Billboard chart in 1973.

by Anonymousreply 324March 29, 2018 1:26 AM

Farrah's dad outlived her by a few years. Both of her parents lived into their 90's. Farrah and her older sister both died at 62.

by Anonymousreply 325March 29, 2018 1:50 AM

Farrah Fawcett IS Charlie's Angels, the other angels including Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore and Lucy Liu, can't compare to Farrah!

by Anonymousreply 326March 29, 2018 2:02 AM

Is it true that she didn't want to have conventional chemotherapy in some of the earlier stages, because she was afraid of losing her trademark hair? That's a big price to pay if the treatment could have saved her.

But of course we don't know. And I think most of the time I think cancer is just bad luck. There's still so much not known about it.

Probably not much even a great actor could do with material like Charlie's Angels. I remember though one of the toughest movie critics giving her a very good review for her acting in one of her dramatic roles. I was too young to see these films when released, but now I think I have curiousity. Especially as I recently read a book about the Diane Downs case.

by Anonymousreply 327March 29, 2018 2:36 PM

In the 70's I saw this poster in teenagers' bedrooms. Never F.Fawcett OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328April 1, 2018 12:10 AM

This poster was popular too. I grew up in the 70s and saw this poster more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329April 1, 2018 12:21 AM

[quote] Farrah Fawcett, was she beautiful?

Yes, and that beauty was only one of her good points.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330April 1, 2018 12:42 AM

She was the SJP of her generation. A once relevant for a few months FUG adored by a handful of fierce queens. But without the talent.

by Anonymousreply 331April 1, 2018 12:48 AM

Farrah Fawcett was FUG? R331 is demented.

by Anonymousreply 332April 1, 2018 12:51 AM

Farrah was a goddess to straight men. I can't speak to the queens- I like the Cassidy brothers.

by Anonymousreply 333April 1, 2018 12:58 AM

No she Wasn't. She was a goddess to queens like you, like that other fug barbara streisand.

by Anonymousreply 334April 1, 2018 1:03 AM

no no no r331. She never was that popular with the gays. She was popular with straight men who made her a star from her poster. She then resurfaced in a series of good TV movies which were popular with lots of people.

by Anonymousreply 335April 1, 2018 1:04 AM

Honey, she was was popular with straight men for 3 months in 1977. Since then she has been popular with the gays. And not the young and hip ones...

by Anonymousreply 336April 1, 2018 1:11 AM

Oh, shut your with your 3 months. You are one tired fag.

by Anonymousreply 337April 1, 2018 5:26 AM

When do you elder queen even KNOW when a woman is beautiful ? Are you the sad fag who thinks that Katharine Hepburn was beautiful and sexy in men's eyes because 'bone structure'? Stick to Chalamet will you ? At least, even though, that hideous human being is biologically a male.

by Anonymousreply 338April 1, 2018 8:49 AM

Was she “beautiful” - that’s a term that is somewhat hard for people to agree on - and she certainly wasn’t beautiful in the way Grace Kelly or a young Elizabeth Taylor were. And as has been stated above at the time many people felt her costar Smith was more beautiful. But “sexy” - in her moment she defined it. “Charlie’s Angels” & Farrah was a phenomenon that dominated the pop cultural conversation back in 77

by Anonymousreply 339April 1, 2018 6:02 PM

Exactly R339. Between may and november of 1977, she was, in some circles, a HOT TOPIC.

by Anonymousreply 340April 1, 2018 6:34 PM

Please---- let's get one thing PERFECTLY CLEAR. In 1977, at the height of the Charlie's Angels hysteria, NOBODY referred to her as Farrath Fawcett.

It was

Farrah

Fawcett

Fucking

MAJORS! With a HYPHEN!

by Anonymousreply 341April 5, 2018 8:05 AM

Parodies, impersonations, lookalike contests----Farrah was the biggest star in the world for a moment in 77/78

After unwisely leaving Charlie's Angels only after a year Farrah HERSELF almost ended up in the unemployment line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342April 5, 2018 8:23 AM

Farrah Fawcett was beautiful, but not THAT beautiful. What she had that pushed her over the top (in her younger years) was charisma. Her personality was sunny and appealing, with a tacky but real voltage. Stars have something that makes you keep watching them, even if they're not technically all that good. It's the same thing that makes you notice someone at a party and watch what they're doing, even if they're not the best looking person in the room.

Bo Derek was really much more beautiful than Farrah Fawcett, in a classical sense. But she had all the personality and pizazz of a dingy, waterlogged mop, so after her initial impact, she just faded away. Basically, absolutely no one cared.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343April 5, 2018 9:26 AM

R328/R329 Either you're straight up bullshitting or you were acquainted with some damn eccentric people. I remember very well that in the late 70's teenage boys did NOT have posters of Marilyn Monroe, a long dead 50's icon. Or Richard Avedon's photo of Nastassja Kinski (which didn't exist until the early 80's and was not widely sold all over America). It was Farrah Fawcett, Catherine Bach (Daisy Duke), Linda Carter, Pam Grier, Jayne Kennedy, Suzanne Sommers, and even Pamela Sue Martin.

by Anonymousreply 344April 5, 2018 3:12 PM

You also occassionally saw Cheryl Tiegs....though I wonder, in retrospect, if the owners were mostly burgeoning gay fashionistas (?)

(I guess maybe straight guys DID know Tiegs from [italic]Sports Illustrated.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345April 6, 2018 8:09 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346April 6, 2018 8:09 AM

Without qustion, Farrah, Cheryl T. and Lynda were the top 3 iconic female posters from the 70s. Chery Ladd's was a distant 4th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347April 6, 2018 11:10 AM

The thing is, Farrah was well-known before "Charlie's Angels" ever burst onto the scene. She had done a number of commercials. When she appeared as one of the Angels, men across America were already salivating. They may have not known her name but they knew her face and body...and her hair.

by Anonymousreply 348April 6, 2018 5:33 PM

To answer OP's question: No.

by Anonymousreply 349April 6, 2018 5:35 PM

R347 I do love that picture of Lynda Carter.

by Anonymousreply 350April 6, 2018 5:41 PM

[quote] I do love that picture of Lynda Carter.

Hollywood today would look at it and declare she was too fat to put on screen. And ask why doesn't she have sculpted abs.

by Anonymousreply 351April 6, 2018 6:14 PM

Interesting Lynda Carter trivia: There was a fake centerfold made up of her to be used as a prop in APOCALYPSE NOW, where she was originally cast as a Playboy Playmate who comes by to entertain the troops. But the set got destroyed by a storm when she was shooting, and they later had to redo the sequence. She wasn't available on the new dates, and Colleen Camp stepped in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352April 6, 2018 6:23 PM

Loved her. Can see dental work on shovel shaped teeth on op image.

by Anonymousreply 353April 7, 2018 1:43 AM

Did someone mention FARRAH???

by Anonymousreply 354April 29, 2018 11:00 PM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 355April 29, 2018 11:30 PM

Her jaw was like a lantern ew

by Anonymousreply 356April 30, 2018 8:51 PM

Who fucked her with the bad dick? Ryan?

by Anonymousreply 357May 1, 2018 2:00 AM

Isn’t that the most embarrassing type of cancer though? I mean it’s aleays your fault unlike almost any other type lol

by Anonymousreply 358May 6, 2018 11:50 AM

More beautiful then her felon son.

Farrah Fawcett's son arrested for robbing liquor store with knife

The troubled son of Ryan O'Neal and the late Farrah Fawcett was back behind bars Wednesday for allegedly robbing a Los Angeles convenience store armed with a knife.

Police say Redmond O'Neal robbed the store not far from the Venice Beach Boardwalk around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday and fled on foot.

"He approached the clerk and demanded money from the register. The clerk, afraid for his safety, gave O'Neal cash from the till," LAPD Detective Meghan Aguilar told the Daily News.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359May 10, 2018 3:55 AM

Can't Ryan O'Neal produce ANYTHING but druggie, alcoholic devil spawn?

by Anonymousreply 360May 10, 2018 4:24 AM

Poor Redmond had no chance. Farrah tried with him, but it wasn't enough.

Farrah had horrible taste in men. Lee Majors was very controlling, everyone knows what a huge mess Ryan O'Neal is, and one of guys after Ryan beat her, once so badly he messed up her face badly. She had some corrective surgery but only so much could be done. She never looked "right" afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 361May 10, 2018 4:38 AM

Farrah Fawcett was a true star who incidentally was quite skilled as an actress. If you were ever in a room with her you’d understand her appeal; her beauty came from the inside and the rest was a bonus. The last time I met with her for a project was in 2003. She still lit up the room. Playing against her beauty and her sex symbol image clearly drove all the decisions she made in the roles she took after The Burning Bed. A true icon. I miss her.

by Anonymousreply 362May 10, 2018 4:40 AM

Not particularly. Cheryl was much more attractive.

by Anonymousreply 363November 2, 2018 3:14 AM

She was a surprising beauty. At first, she was simply the hot cheerleader with big hair and a tight swimsuit. Then, it turned out she had a brain and could act.

When she did “Burning Bed”, I thought - she’s hot and beautiful. Because she made me empathize with her, and few women made me that interested.

by Anonymousreply 364November 2, 2018 3:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!