Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why Do So Many Good-Looking Young Guys Keep Vanishing When They Leave a Bar At Night?

And why isn't being reported as a worrisome trend?

It happens all the time. What's more, it seems as though all the victims are white. This is the latest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 7, 2018 6:41 PM

Bermuda Triangle. Duh

by Anonymousreply 1March 19, 2018 3:37 PM

The kid is not good looking. He's 19. Most 19 year olds are cute in their 19 year old way.

by Anonymousreply 2March 19, 2018 3:38 PM

Oh yeah... There's that medical student in Cleveland and the gay dude, also in Ohio, right? I remember those...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 19, 2018 3:39 PM

Aren't they disappearing by bodies of water? So drunk + water = accidental drowning. It's not a huge mystery or a smiley faced killer.

by Anonymousreply 4March 19, 2018 4:01 PM

OP drunk frat boy types often do stupid things when they are drunk

by Anonymousreply 5March 19, 2018 4:03 PM

What's the name of that gay guy who was found dead in a river in Ohio?

by Anonymousreply 6March 19, 2018 4:05 PM

Apparently this happens a lot in Madison, Wisconsin. Those hot as fuck college guys leave bars and are never seen again. They think it's a serial killer, but can't prove it.

by Anonymousreply 7March 19, 2018 4:05 PM

Scary book cover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 19, 2018 4:10 PM

"They think it's a serial killer, but can't prove it."

No one thinks it's a serial killer except wingnuts. Most people see it for what it really is - drunk guys doing stupid shit.

by Anonymousreply 9March 19, 2018 4:12 PM

Yup a Wisconsin thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 19, 2018 4:13 PM

Yeah, it must be a serial killer who's moving back and forth between Wisconsin and Bermuda! *rolls eyes*

by Anonymousreply 11March 19, 2018 4:15 PM

Joey Labute is the gay guy from Columbus Ohio

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 19, 2018 4:16 PM

Duunk. Has to take a leak. Goes over to river/lake/pier to unzip, loses balance, drowns.

by Anonymousreply 13March 19, 2018 4:24 PM

Better question: why are so many young males drinking themselves to oblivion and dying?

Crisis of masculinity. That’s why young guys love Jordan Peterson.

by Anonymousreply 14March 19, 2018 4:40 PM

To provide schadenfreude for the rejected fugly men?

by Anonymousreply 15March 19, 2018 5:25 PM

He is hot. Hope he is found

by Anonymousreply 16March 19, 2018 5:42 PM

Doesn’t seem more of a trend to me than women or children vanishing.

Typical DL focus on young cute (in the eye of the beholder) guys.

by Anonymousreply 17March 19, 2018 5:46 PM

C'mon tall, lean, angular features. I think he'd be considered basically attractive by most people really

by Anonymousreply 18March 19, 2018 5:52 PM

A) They are off to Neverland with Peter Pan and the gang.

B) Turned into Donkeys

B) Rich Saudi Princes buying them up for their sex slave stable.

C) They tragically fell into some body of water while drunk.

Not hard to understand OP.

by Anonymousreply 19March 19, 2018 5:56 PM

That is a good looking guy.

by Anonymousreply 20March 19, 2018 6:11 PM

He's dead.

Boy, if I were a parent, I'd drill it into my kids never to leave a bar by themselves.

The only story I could find gives no details at all.

by Anonymousreply 21March 19, 2018 9:59 PM

R2: He was good looking.

by Anonymousreply 22March 19, 2018 11:59 PM

Op why are you so worried about the missing guys being white? Why does that matter? Curious.

by Anonymousreply 23March 20, 2018 12:13 AM

Plenty of old, ugly guys are reported missing, too, you just don't care when it happens

by Anonymousreply 24March 20, 2018 12:38 AM

This has been an issue for many years. There are several very long-lasting groups of men who've preyed on male hitch-hikers and single men out on their own. Some of these groups are connected, in that members have moved between them and establish new groups when they've changed residence. I'm not saying there are dozens, but there are at least five. One group in particular has been operating since the 1970s, with new members coming in as the founders aged out. They're centered in Colorado but have picked their targets all over the west.

It's an odd mix of professionals and blue-collar/working class types, always some truckers and people with law and legal skills. Their code is as rigid and deadly as any true gang's. Obviously. Because it's very rare for any of their "prospects" to be seen again, and any betrayal in the group means the betrayer joins the other victims.

They're not the supposed "smiley face" killers. They're too smart to leave calling cards and they very seldom have left a body as evidence.

Of course many guys are taken out by individuals, too, or local duos unrelated to this organized effort. Some solo serial killers also are working major cities, as always. Sometimes something happens in an unplanned way, too, with ODs or too rough a time or a drunken attack. But for me the worst always has been the elusive snatcher groups who've been having their way for a very long time and never - not once - being caught. Close, at times, but something always has happened to the person who's been IDd and picked up and then there's an end of it and the path goes cold again.

by Anonymousreply 25March 20, 2018 12:52 AM

R25 what exactly are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 26March 20, 2018 1:01 AM

Some details on Mark Dombroski.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 20, 2018 1:01 AM

Seems like he may have gotten into an argument at the bar. He also refused taxi money from his friends. So seems like he was murdered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 20, 2018 1:02 AM

Terrible.

by Anonymousreply 29March 20, 2018 2:49 AM

Sad!

by Anonymousreply 30March 20, 2018 4:24 PM

Does anyone know where Kevin Spacey was at the time?

by Anonymousreply 31March 20, 2018 4:26 PM

r10, You think Robert MUELLER would misspell his own name on his official stationery?

by Anonymousreply 32March 20, 2018 4:37 PM

Sorry, r10; I see that it's the idiot addressing Dir. Mueller, first as "Muller," then as "Miller.'

by Anonymousreply 33March 20, 2018 4:39 PM

[quote] Duunk. Has to take a leak. Goes over to river/lake/pier to unzip, loses balance, drowns.

Apparently this happens somewhat frequently in Amsterdam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 20, 2018 4:40 PM

Donkey teef.

by Anonymousreply 35March 20, 2018 4:42 PM

So Bermuda isn't safe I guess.

by Anonymousreply 36March 20, 2018 4:44 PM

Actually it is very safe.

by Anonymousreply 37March 20, 2018 4:53 PM

R37 Uhh no it isn't.

by Anonymousreply 38March 20, 2018 5:14 PM

You are calling it unsafe because of one crime? Do you realize how dumb that is?

by Anonymousreply 39March 20, 2018 11:38 PM

They don't stick to the straight and narrow.

by Anonymousreply 40March 20, 2018 11:45 PM

Khakis and black shoes?!? The fashion police arrested and killed him.

by Anonymousreply 41March 20, 2018 11:57 PM

...cuz little sister don't miss when she aims her gun....

by Anonymousreply 42March 21, 2018 12:01 AM

Strange spotlight on rogue gangs of men kidnapping men. Where did you hear about this? Not that I’d put anything past humanity, just a new one.

by Anonymousreply 43March 21, 2018 12:14 AM

The Brian Shaffer disappearance is so bizarre. How the fuck did that happen?

by Anonymousreply 44March 21, 2018 12:16 AM

They are kidnapped by guys who have the same fetish as the guys who run Breeder Fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 45March 21, 2018 11:51 AM

He looks like that US gymnast from the 70s, Bart Conner.

by Anonymousreply 46March 21, 2018 11:45 PM

I'm fat, black, and femme.

by Anonymousreply 47March 21, 2018 11:48 PM

Today is his funeral. He seems to have been a truly good-hearted kid from what i gather. He was an outstanding athlete who played everything from baseball to football to track to rugby, also a sensitive writer who wrote a beautiful reflection on his love for his dog which is now on display with other tributes to him.

Seems like the world truly lost a good one and we are all lesser for it. It's one of those things that really makes you consider life. There's no point in looking for a reason as to why things like this happen, they just do, but it's hard to look back on all that talent and how quickly it was snuffed out and just be taken aback. There aren't really words for this kind of thing.

by Anonymousreply 48April 7, 2018 4:20 PM

[quoteAren't they disappearing by bodies of water? So drunk + water = accidental drowning.

With the medical student in Ohio some people believe that happened to him. The problem is that the bar had various security cameras and none of the cameras saw him leaving the bar.

by Anonymousreply 49April 7, 2018 4:27 PM

Angie Baby, she's a special lady.

by Anonymousreply 50April 7, 2018 4:27 PM

Never leave a bar alone late at night in any city you are not familiar with, especially if you are drunk. It happens a lot in my small college town with young guys showing up in the river or lake the next day/week. The university pushes the buddy system to never let a buddy walk home alone.

by Anonymousreply 51April 7, 2018 4:38 PM

This case was purely random - could have been anywhere. Pure accident. Ironic - as the school is on the edge of a dangerous part of Philly where crime could easily happen. But he dies in a freak accident in “paradise”. We never know when or where tragedy will strike.

by Anonymousreply 52April 7, 2018 5:05 PM

Of course it's sad, but. given the billions of kids in Yemen, Syria, Afghanistan, Rwanda, Somalia, Bangladesh, Iraq, who don't have a snowball's chance in hell, at least this kid had a good, although short, run for his money.

by Anonymousreply 53April 7, 2018 6:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!