Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘Will & Grace’ Revival Renewed For Season 3 By NBC, Season 2 Expanded

The Will & Grace revival is getting another very early renewal. With two episodes left to air from of its first season, NBC has ordered an 18-episode third season for fall 2019. That would be the multi-camera comedy’s 11th season overall, including its original eight-season run on NBC.

The network picked up the Will & Grace revival for a 13-episode second season in August, ahead of its September debut. That second season, slated for fall 2018, has now been expanded from 13 to 18 episodes with an order for five additional episodes. The announcement is being made tonight during the Will & Grace panel at PaleyFest. With today’s pickup of 23 more episodes — 5 in Season 2 and 18 in Season 3 — the revival’s episode total has climbed to 52.

The renewal extends Will & Grace‘s improbable comeback. It started with a surprise 10-minute election-themed mini-episode in fall 2016 that led to a 10-episode series order for a new season of the Emmy-winning comedy on NBC. That order was increased to 12 episodes in spring 2017 and to 16 in August the same year. The last two of the 16 episodes are slated to air March 29 and April 5.

The Will & Grace revival reunites original stars Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Megan Mullally and Sean Hayes. Because of how it came to be, I hear the quartet did not have long-term deals going into it. I hear they made new deals for Season 2 and now again for Season 3, netting sizable salary increases. (Their recent paychecks were reported to be $250,000 an episode.)

Along with the original cast, back are Will & Grace creators/executive producers Max Mutchnick and David Kohan as well as director/executive producer James Brurrows, joined by a number of the original series’ writers.

Will & Grace has been a commercial and critical success for NBC. It is anchoring the network’s new Must See TV Thursday lineup, Will & Grace is averaging a 3.1 adults 19-49 rating and 9.8 million viewers overall in Live+7. It is NBC’s top rated comedy series, improving its Thursday time slot by +48% versus NBC’s year-ago results for regular non-sports programming in 18-49. Will & Grace is NBC’s most-watched primetime comedy at this point in the season in eight years and has

Additionally, the revival has garnered critical praise, returning to awards consideration with major nominations after winning a slew of trophies during its original run. It also opened the door for other revivals of classic sitcoms with the original cast, including ABC’s Roseanne and CBS’ Murphy Brown.

“As far as I’m concerned, we can’t get enough of Will & Grace, and 23 more episodes is music to my ears,” NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt said. “We’re eternally grateful that Debra, Eric, Sean and Megan feel the same way and wanted to keep this good thing going. I’m overwhelmed by the euphoric response the new show has received from the press and the audience, and my hat is off to the unrivaled writing team of Max Mutchnick and David Kohan, as well as the brilliant directing of Jimmy Burrows, for consistently delivering one of the best shows on television.”

The current first season of the Will & Grace revival has featured such guest stars as Jennifer Lopez, Alec Baldwin, Minnie Driver, Ben Platt, Molly Shannon, Jane Lynch and Andrew Rannells. Universal TV is the studio.

Will & Grace, which aired from 1998-2006 as one of the last tentpoles of NBC’s once-venerable Must See TV comedy lineup, has a great legacy: In addition to winning 16 Emmys, including Outstanding Comedy Series in 2000, it is credited with paving the way for LGBT characters on TV, featuring the first openly gay lead characters on a primetime network series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481April 12, 2019 7:41 PM

Daaamn, that is such good news!

by Anonymousreply 1March 18, 2018 3:28 PM

Wonderful news. Great cast. Good writers (mostly),

by Anonymousreply 2March 18, 2018 3:31 PM

Well, since none of these people have anything better to do with their time, this is working out quite well for them.

by Anonymousreply 3March 18, 2018 3:35 PM

I never watch this shit show

by Anonymousreply 4March 18, 2018 3:41 PM

Thank U for sharing that, r4.

by Anonymousreply 5March 18, 2018 3:43 PM

I think Jack’s Staten Island Fairy bf is aforable

by Anonymousreply 6March 18, 2018 3:50 PM

Minstrel on, Hayes.

by Anonymousreply 7March 18, 2018 3:51 PM

Good week for Eric McCormack as Travellers was renewed by Netflix for a third season

by Anonymousreply 8March 18, 2018 3:56 PM

r8 Sometimes not much happens for a decade and that it starts pouring. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 9March 18, 2018 3:59 PM

Good news

by Anonymousreply 10March 18, 2018 4:07 PM

Will Will and Grace finally get together in the end? As the straight creator says he intended?

by Anonymousreply 11March 18, 2018 4:08 PM

The logical storyline was always that they'd have a baby together, but they're too old for that now unless they retcon their ages.

by Anonymousreply 12March 18, 2018 4:16 PM

I feel like we're past those kinds of saccharine endings today anyway, and will certainly be even more when the show ends for the second time.

by Anonymousreply 13March 18, 2018 4:20 PM

[quote]The logical storyline was always that they'd have a baby together, but they're too old for that now unless they retcon their ages.

No they ain't. Deb Messing is only 49. Many women still get knocked up at that age, with help, of course.

by Anonymousreply 14March 18, 2018 4:22 PM

The straight man co-creator said that "all of the viewers" wanted Will and Grace to end up as a heterosexual couple.

And he ALMOST did it in 2006!

by Anonymousreply 15March 18, 2018 4:24 PM

I want to know who did Willis face life and fillers. Forever 29, bitches. This is really just a C level series, but most sitcoms are so stupid, it is elevsted to a status it does not deserve. None of the main 4 are special. As Ethel once said, I have sufficient. Other than its Chicago shows, NBC still stands for nothjng but crap.

by Anonymousreply 16March 18, 2018 4:26 PM

The show has been hit and miss this season. Last week's episode was probably one of the better ones in terms of writing. However, it seems like the actors have been coached to go "bigger and broader," Jack and Karen especially. Their characters were always cartoonish caricatures, but now, it's like they're caricatures of caricatures. They need to bring it down a few notches.

And the cackling laugh track that starts up whenever a character opens a door is especially cloying.

by Anonymousreply 17March 18, 2018 4:29 PM

What R17 said.

I want it to be funny so much, but - it's just awkwardly unfunny.

What the HELL is up with that over-the-top laugh track?

by Anonymousreply 18March 18, 2018 10:22 PM

Why not renew for a 20th season now while you're at it? Jesus.

Chill out, NBC!

by Anonymousreply 19March 18, 2018 10:25 PM

Great news, love this show!

by Anonymousreply 20March 18, 2018 10:26 PM

[quote]The logical storyline was always that they'd have a baby together, but they're too old for that now unless they retcon their ages.

They'll be bringing me in as a Special Guest Star to play the role of the surrogate they use to carry their child.

by Anonymousreply 21March 19, 2018 12:00 AM

I'm glad it's returned. However, I do not like at all some of the changes. The theme instrumental should be left alone! Will's apartment is not nearly as attractive. The green marble along his fireplace was replaced with that cheap wooden paneling. Also, some of the wardrobe leaves very much to be desired.

by Anonymousreply 22March 19, 2018 1:19 AM

It's a tired cartoon show. The men have had Excellent work done, look much better than the fish

by Anonymousreply 23March 19, 2018 1:19 AM

Someone needs to hire that cunt Debra Messing a trainer.

Stop eating, lady

by Anonymousreply 24March 19, 2018 1:47 AM

Hardly visionary.

by Anonymousreply 25March 19, 2018 11:36 PM

Pretty much over it but ok.

by Anonymousreply 26March 19, 2018 11:46 PM

Why are they covering Debra Messing in frilly dresses and mumu's? Why is she always eating doughnuts?

by Anonymousreply 27March 20, 2018 6:26 AM

The two last episodes have been really funny. I watched them yesterday and laughed out loud several times.

by Anonymousreply 28March 20, 2018 6:38 AM

Tired old same old shit

by Anonymousreply 29March 20, 2018 11:10 PM

I felt like you were dating a guy for 6 months never knowing he had a 3 incher with this reboot. They ran out of ideas very quickly. None of the 4 main actors are all that interesting anymore. They are just 4 Peter pans who are flailing around without purpose in their 40s and 50s.

by Anonymousreply 30April 2, 2018 8:47 PM

Good for them I like Debra messing. I'm sure their all happy if not for anything else other than the fat paychecks. Collect and save. I bank everything.

by Anonymousreply 31April 2, 2018 9:06 PM

I lost interest midway this season , has it been good?

by Anonymousreply 32April 2, 2018 9:08 PM

It's been okay. No episode sucked aggressively, I thought.

by Anonymousreply 33April 2, 2018 9:11 PM

I agree with the laugh track. "Will and Grace is filmed in front of a studio audience" and then they are replaced by a whooped up laugh track.

Same with the Roseanne reboot. The laugh track is a ...laughing stock, hahahahahahaah.

by Anonymousreply 34April 2, 2018 9:37 PM

New season bump! It's coming back tonight!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 4, 2018 8:45 PM

Hopefully this new season is better..

by Anonymousreply 36October 4, 2018 9:27 PM

Were there any overtly political episodes after the first one? If not, that's why the ratings collapsed.

by Anonymousreply 37October 4, 2018 9:43 PM

R37 As I recall, there were some snide comments against Trump conservatives in general. But no overtly political episodes after the first one. The ratings went down for the second half when it came back in spring 2018 after the holidays. People have short attention spans and many don't watch live on TV. I only watch on NBC.com myself, but I watched the whole season.

by Anonymousreply 38October 4, 2018 9:56 PM

People say how great they look - I guess they do for their age, but they lol look odd to me, unnatural and slightly creepy, particularly Sean. But they seem like they’re having a great time and I’m glad they’re a success and that we have gay visibility in these insane times. I will continue watching - there’s not much else on at that time and though rarely laugh out loud funny I think they are doing a wonderful job and hope it goes on for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 39October 4, 2018 9:58 PM

R39 Megan is the only one that looks good, and can still act and be funny. She’s a gem.

by Anonymousreply 40October 4, 2018 10:04 PM

R39 It's the damn HDTV. W&G went off the air before the digital transition.

by Anonymousreply 41October 4, 2018 10:06 PM

Megan looks great for 60, her neck is the only real giveaway.

by Anonymousreply 42October 4, 2018 10:57 PM

Her rack needs to be way bigger though.

by Anonymousreply 43October 4, 2018 11:41 PM

I am watching it now. It has been funny. Ross still looks good for being 60.

by Anonymousreply 44October 5, 2018 4:18 AM

In the original show, the humor seemed to come more naturally. The actors had a level of chemistry with each other that made the laughs seems so easy. In this incarnation, everything's been cranked up. The characters are now caricatures, and it's as if they're all saying, "I'M WALKING INTO THE SCENE IN A VERY EXAGGERATED MANOR AND I'M ABOUT TO SAY A VERY FUNNY LINE. GET READY - HERE IT COMES!"

Things just seem off. And did you notice - no tight shots of Megan Mullaly in this last episode?

by Anonymousreply 45October 6, 2018 10:28 AM

I hope Max Mutchnick makes much of a part for Max Emerson in W&G.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 6, 2018 10:41 AM

r46 Max Emerson is the only reason I would watch W&G.

by Anonymousreply 47October 6, 2018 10:42 AM

If Megan could dial it back to 8, the show would benefit. Too much of a caricature for me and, despite her talent, her scenes turn me off.

by Anonymousreply 48October 6, 2018 11:50 AM

So, Sean Hayes has been reduced to the lowest common denominator physical comedy in this reboot? Yes, Jack was always supposed to be this over-the-top exaggerated character but watching him in this latest episode was just sad. The banana thing made me cringe. In the original run, he had very funny lines and now this?? Also, what's the point of Megan Mullaly in v2.0 if they give her nothing to do? It's basically become Debra Messing Show and that's NEVER a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 49October 6, 2018 1:28 PM

R49 Haven't had time to watch it yet, but that sounds like the typical Grace episode with Will as GBF, Jack as the Joker and Karen as the Drunk. Those are often the weaker episodes... After all these years, the show follow good old set patterns. Will episodes are often dreadfully dull as well, and Eric is not longer cute enough to distract from the annoying traits of the character. The show only earn its keeps when featuring Jack and/or Karen, or when the whole group get together for some special occasion.

by Anonymousreply 50October 6, 2018 3:27 PM

The critics thought the latest episode was terrible. I found it ok. Grace is the weakest link. Always has been.

by Anonymousreply 51October 6, 2018 3:32 PM

R51 Grace was actually the most dialed down in this episode. Everyone else was playing to the cheap seats. The show just isn't working.

by Anonymousreply 52October 6, 2018 3:40 PM

Finally watched it... Thought it was great! A solid B+ at least. Laughed quite a bit. Loved everything about the Karen and Will b-plot. Those boobs were amazing! Jack was a bit over the top but you got to give it to Sean for earning his salary with that messy performance. (Now why didn't Will make a sexual joke about the cream on Jack's face...) The pay off for all that silliness was the bf understood his gibberish making their relationship more than a shallow farce. The Grace part was not as front and center as I thought, which is a good thing. The first scene with Grace talking all over the place was stilted and awkward with the jokes falling flat. But by the second cafe scene when Noah got to the heart of Grace's issue... that she's not at the place she hoped to be at her age (most of us can relate...), I warmed up to them. It set up the plot... will they just become two curmudgeons together jeering at the world (but isn't that just hetero Will and Grace) or "cure" each other of their dissatisfaction with their lives?

by Anonymousreply 53October 6, 2018 5:35 PM

I'm sad they're too old to have a baby.

by Anonymousreply 54October 6, 2018 5:40 PM

Will & Grace (NBC) 3.94 million

ratings not that bad....

by Anonymousreply 55October 6, 2018 5:52 PM

Grace wants to beautify things, while Noah wants to live the ugly truth. That's a death match in real life, but in rom com, that's the height of romantic potential! LOL

by Anonymousreply 56October 6, 2018 5:56 PM

I kinda realized how much I missed David Schwimmer. He does look good, too. I always thought he was kinda offbeat sexy.

by Anonymousreply 57October 6, 2018 6:08 PM

R55 I think that's only around a third of its debut last year if I remember correctly. But as long as it does better than other NBC comedies, it would still be considered good.

by Anonymousreply 58October 6, 2018 6:12 PM

LOL The West Side Curmudgeon is really on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 6, 2018 7:24 PM

I did not like it but I blame the writers the acting was better. Messing has improved.

by Anonymousreply 60October 6, 2018 7:28 PM

Schwimmer was actually one of the better things about that episode. I kept hoping against hope that he would utter "Quelle cunt!" after his diner encounters with Deb Messing.

by Anonymousreply 61October 6, 2018 8:43 PM

R61 Must be saving that for their breakup episode...

by Anonymousreply 62October 7, 2018 12:11 AM

I scrolled through everything.

Has it been called a "minstrel show" here yet?

by Anonymousreply 63October 7, 2018 12:13 AM

R63 Many times, so you can run along.

by Anonymousreply 64October 7, 2018 12:16 AM

I just watched both W&G and How To Get Away W/Murder, and noticed that Karen's dress and Tegan's blouse were made of the identical material.

by Anonymousreply 65October 7, 2018 3:27 AM

R65 Who wore it better?

by Anonymousreply 66October 7, 2018 4:09 AM

Anastasia's back, bitches. Melania is just a poor imitation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67October 12, 2018 4:37 AM

Watched last night. They were trying way too hard.

by Anonymousreply 68October 12, 2018 9:45 AM

R68 the writing is just awful

by Anonymousreply 69October 12, 2018 9:56 AM

The second episode was okay. It pushed the plot along, but the lines and delivery just weren't as natural and snappy as they should be. The writing was too forced around a theme... marriage/divorce or Will's beard, which makes it feel more like actors delivering a set of jokes on stage at times instead of the characters being quirky and funny. The first episode flowed much better in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 70October 12, 2018 6:04 PM

I give the second episode props for mixing things up with the structure a bit. Sean is great with physical comedy but maybe they're leaning in a bit too hard. And the final act was just the four of them + Alec standing in that room for eight minutes. Why wasn't that scene blocked? Having the actors just stand in a semi-circle and barely move while delivering the entire climactic act of the episode makes the show look cheap, and makes me think they're all bored to tears.

by Anonymousreply 71October 12, 2018 6:54 PM

thank you miss critic r71. did you score well in theatre101?

by Anonymousreply 72October 12, 2018 6:57 PM

Alec Baldwin actually looked good last night.

by Anonymousreply 73October 12, 2018 7:03 PM

R71 The whole final scene felt like watching a stage play/rehearsal. The miscast "policewoman" was like an audience member who volunteered to fill in for the role because the actor called in sick/drunk. I expected an episode with Anastasia Beaverhausen to have a bit more energy than this... It's like Karen didn't get drunk/high enough.

by Anonymousreply 74October 12, 2018 7:20 PM

Yes, the actor as the policewoman was not up to the task, and that drained even more energy from that scene as everyone stood around waiting for her to stumble through her lines.

And, R72, since you asked, I scored okay in Theater 101, but it was at 8:30 MWF and honestly, I slept through a lot of them.

by Anonymousreply 75October 12, 2018 7:54 PM

The rating was down from last week but on par with the NBC comedies that aired before it. It was third in its time slot behind both CBS's Mom and ABC's Station 19.

by Anonymousreply 76October 12, 2018 8:12 PM

Megan Mullally looks better now than she did in the original show.

by Anonymousreply 77October 12, 2018 8:15 PM

I actually already like this season better than last. I have to tell you, I think the writers are succumbing to trying to cater to an older audience by referencing slapstick comedy that would be perfectly fine back in the day, but is just seen as trying too hard now. TV viewers, especially sitcom fans, now want extremely witty lines and unexpected jokes to carry the humor.

by Anonymousreply 78October 13, 2018 12:16 AM

These characters have all been consumed by their flaws and quirks... The characters have become the jokes. The writers should have us laugh with these characters instead of laughing at them for being so insensitive/insecure/anti-social/dumb.

by Anonymousreply 79October 13, 2018 12:39 AM

I hope they don't waste Beverly Leslie this time!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80October 18, 2018 3:33 PM

Eric does Freddie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 18, 2018 11:00 PM

Megan says she won’t have plastic surgery. Hmm.

by Anonymousreply 82October 18, 2018 11:26 PM

Have you seen her lately, R82? She's full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 83October 18, 2018 11:38 PM

Schwimmer was attractive. I don’t know how that happened. Alec Baldwin was outstanding. I like the Spanish boyfriend. I like Smitty’s “hashtag metoo”. You know they were looking for an excuse to throw that in, somehow.

I liked the policewoman, actually. I mostly looked to me like she had a hard time not cracking up. Jack’s eating the crushed banana was pure Lucy & Ethel.

by Anonymousreply 84October 19, 2018 12:45 AM

R84 is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 85October 19, 2018 1:01 AM

R84 That was so LAST WEEK...

by Anonymousreply 86October 19, 2018 1:16 AM

I think the problem with trying to be witty today is that pop culture references and topical jokes like the ones that made the show shine in the 90s would have to refer to our current timeline and that is too fucking depressing.

by Anonymousreply 87October 19, 2018 1:29 AM

I do like Jack's little Spanish boytoy. Wish they would keep him around.

by Anonymousreply 88October 19, 2018 1:36 AM

They are trying waaaaay too hard this season

by Anonymousreply 89October 19, 2018 1:54 AM

It's the laugh track. It's like all of these reboots are using the same canned laughter or they upped the mic volume on the audience. Almost every single line of dialogue has a huge laugh inserted and it ruins the natural flow of dialogue. I feel like I'm watching a bunch of old vaudeville stand-up comics playing to the crowd.

by Anonymousreply 90October 19, 2018 1:57 AM

I loved Jack’s queeny grandson.

by Anonymousreply 91October 19, 2018 3:53 AM

They recast the grandson's role so I assumed this one was hired because he could sing. I was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 92October 19, 2018 5:07 AM

I am out, it’s just not funny anymore . The writing is lame. sean and eric over-act everything, it’s sad.

by Anonymousreply 93October 19, 2018 6:15 AM

Only good thing left is Megan. She’s the only one with talent still.

by Anonymousreply 94October 19, 2018 6:28 AM

This makes me appreciate the later seasons of W and G, which seemed subpar at the time

by Anonymousreply 95October 19, 2018 6:33 AM

r94 dl and their overrating for nepotist cases, ugh

by Anonymousreply 96October 19, 2018 9:42 AM

I liked it but it does not have any replay value. Tired jokes. Tired actors. SJW shitfest. Horrible laughtrack. Jack's über fairy schtick is way past its expiry date.

by Anonymousreply 97October 19, 2018 9:50 AM

Yes, R97. The writers used to be able to make their social commentary in a more subtle and humorous way, I don't like being hit over the head with a message.

I turned to CBS after W&G for Murphy Brown and I had the same blunt force trauma to the head with their heavy-handed writing. Both shows are preachy without the necessary snark thrown in to successfully deliver their speech/message.

by Anonymousreply 98October 19, 2018 3:44 PM

i wanted to like Murphy (did in the old days) but it is soooooo badly written and acted. i gave up after 2 tries.

by Anonymousreply 99October 19, 2018 3:48 PM

Hated the goddamn Pixel phone product placement when Jack wants to take the selfie with Will and his grandson...and he doesn’t call it his phone, but ‘my new Pixel’. Then mentions it has a wide-angle lens. Then the last shot of the episode is the actual photo taken by the Pixel.

I mean, come on? Really? Literally an actual commercial worked into the dialogue of the episode.? Wrong. Just wrong.

by Anonymousreply 100October 19, 2018 7:02 PM

R100 Well, at least it's a high end product... Pixel 3 sells for $799+.

by Anonymousreply 101October 19, 2018 7:15 PM

I love it and think the re-boot is as good or better than the original run. So sue me.

by Anonymousreply 102October 19, 2018 7:17 PM

many shows do the product placement. you need to get out (to TV shows) more r100

by Anonymousreply 103October 19, 2018 8:11 PM

The show is nowhere near as good as the first few years of the original but compared to other crap on the air it's good enough. I'm happy. I hope Murphy gets renewed it seems to be picking up steam now. I hope the Conners gets renewed too, just so the racist eats her heart out and goes to 6 packs a day.

by Anonymousreply 104October 19, 2018 8:32 PM

R84 hashtag youtoo

by Anonymousreply 105October 19, 2018 9:48 PM

The standout was Karen's Rosario scene. Overall, Karen's plot was enjoyable, though Beverly Leslie only got in a few lines and was under used. The Grace story is pretty ho-hum filler. Don't really care. The Will & Jack plot dragged too much and only picked up when Jack got the mike and turned up the energy.

by Anonymousreply 106October 20, 2018 3:50 AM

Like some chick crossing the border speaks English.

by Anonymousreply 107October 20, 2018 4:15 AM

The writers are talented, I think they're being told by the network to dumb it down since network viewers are increasingly getting older and older. They REALLY gotta amp up the witticisms, and you can tell the core 4 are aching to do better as well.

by Anonymousreply 108October 20, 2018 4:23 AM

When I last saw Leslie Jordan (Beverly Leslie) live--probably over a year ago--he seemed like he was having trouble remembering things. It was kind of sad thinking that he is declining and remembering how sharp and funny he used to be.

by Anonymousreply 109October 22, 2018 9:25 PM

The whole beverly leslie thing is so tired. Grow up and get some standards.

by Anonymousreply 110October 22, 2018 9:31 PM

I saw the episode but had no idea that the selfie scene was an ad. I’m sure that most elders like me totally missed it too.

by Anonymousreply 111October 22, 2018 9:40 PM

R111 Yes, Oldsters miss a lot of things. R108 Because you know everything that goes on in everyone else's mind, twat.

by Anonymousreply 112October 22, 2018 9:58 PM

Leslie Jordan was referred to as Woody from Toy Story on Thursday’s Will and Grace and Friday’s The Cool Kids. He really should have alerted the writers.

by Anonymousreply 113October 22, 2018 10:12 PM

hey r113, wit is wit!

by Anonymousreply 114October 22, 2018 10:16 PM

I think Debra needs to get back on cocaine. For energy and weight loss.

by Anonymousreply 115October 22, 2018 10:27 PM

I've been following it loosely, generally tuning in on Hulu when I've watched everything else I like. I have to admit, seeing it again is bittersweet. I did really enjoy the show in my youth (I was really young when it first aired and it did resonate with me as a young gay man). However, part of the problem for me is that a lot of the humor seems quite dated and no longer catches me as it used to. I get the whole Karen's-a-drunk/addict thing as a bit and used to love it, but through the years I've actually endured the problems with friends battling alcoholism and other addiction issues; that form of comedy, making light of addiction and alcoholism, just no longer comes across as funny to me. Further, despite adoring fashion in my youth, I've come to loathe high fashion as wasteful (something the original run showcased heavily, not so much this season), so the posh factor of the characters comes across as touting a lifestyle that I just simply think is silly.

With that said, the dynamic between the characters is still there and I give them props for keeping it up after so long. But obviously things have changed: Messing really does look dowdy and frumpy now (despite still being quite pretty in the face, but she really does not have a TV figure now), Hayes just looks tired and old which really counteracts the screwball, slapstick persona he has on the show, and it seems out of place now, McCormick and Mullaly (sp?) both still look fantastic, but they're phoning it in I feel and their energy just seems low the whole time. I appreciate they've brought it back, but I think I find it disappointing that I don't enjoy it as I did the original run, which is kind of depressing to me. Hopefully they can find an equilibrium that will heighten the show, but I'm doubtful.

by Anonymousreply 116October 23, 2018 1:05 AM

It's the writing. Actors will rise to the occasion if they know they have quality to work with. But so many plots seem recycled form past seasons.

They should have a script-writing contest amongst fans of the show. I bet even Datalounge could come up with a couple good episodes (Grace goes to a fat farm? Jack meets a bunch of Republican closet cases in a gay sauna? Karen goes to a #metoo rally?).

by Anonymousreply 117October 23, 2018 3:16 PM

The Lady Is A Tramp Tony Bennett/Gaga

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118October 24, 2018 4:57 AM

Carmen Monarcha & Mirusia Louwerse performing Send In The Clowns

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119October 24, 2018 5:01 AM

"Me and My Shadow" sung by Robbie Williams and Jonathan Wilkes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120October 24, 2018 5:08 AM

Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman - Something Stupid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121October 24, 2018 5:11 AM

I loved this show back in the day, but it is so sad now. The recycling of the episodes is so obvious, like the little gay boy putting on a show one they just did. A Little Christmas Queer was one of the all time best original episodes.

by Anonymousreply 122October 24, 2018 5:27 AM

[quote]A Little Christmas Queer was one of the all time best original episodes.

I loved that episode. One of the ones I laughed so hard. THE hardest I ever laughed was when they did the live show and they painted Jack's eyebrow in that crazy way, and Jack said something like "I'm surprised by this" or something like that... and turned around to reveal the crazy eyebrow. It was so ridiculous, Debra forgot her line and Sean had to prompt her.

by Anonymousreply 123October 24, 2018 5:30 AM

He singed it off!

by Anonymousreply 124October 24, 2018 6:15 AM

YES! That scene!

by Anonymousreply 125October 24, 2018 6:19 AM

Goes to show, there were a lot of gems in the last two seasons, even though at the time they were criticized.

Now, we are supposed to think it is hilarious everytime Sheldon Cooper says coitus, and the blond girl keeps cranking out kids because the show is so out of ideas. But that is another topic, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 126October 24, 2018 6:24 AM

Rosario('s ghost) is back tonight...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127October 25, 2018 11:07 PM

Have we discussed what seems to have happened to Eric McCormack's face? Too many fillers? Eye lift?

by Anonymousreply 128October 25, 2018 11:15 PM

Eric's face is tragic next to Matt Bomer's. But that's aging for ya.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129October 25, 2018 11:25 PM

They all look good. They can't look 32 forever.

by Anonymousreply 130October 25, 2018 11:26 PM

R129 In relative terms, Eric aged most noticeably. When the show started, Will looked more like Matt Bomer now (though not as pretty).

by Anonymousreply 131October 25, 2018 11:30 PM

Eric is quite thin. Of course it shows. If he put on fifteen pounds, it wouldn’t be so marked.

by Anonymousreply 132October 25, 2018 11:43 PM

Eric has aged well. What are you going on about.

by Anonymousreply 133October 26, 2018 12:10 AM

Karen's tatas aged the best out of the cast. Her melons are divine.

by Anonymousreply 134October 26, 2018 12:33 AM

R134, yes, but you’re comparing melons and plums.

by Anonymousreply 135October 26, 2018 12:35 AM

R134 They were spectacular in that cat suit last week!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136October 26, 2018 12:36 AM

Wait... Why are we even talking about melons on DL? Karen Walker has perverted us!

by Anonymousreply 137October 26, 2018 12:39 AM

Jack’s been obsessed with them from day one, they’re that magical apparently.

by Anonymousreply 138October 26, 2018 12:40 AM

I think many gay guys are attracted to tits. They are good floatation devices. They look great in anything. Straight men would literally die if a girl flashed her double Fs at them. They are deadlier than ISIS.

by Anonymousreply 139October 26, 2018 12:46 AM

...flotation devices

by Anonymousreply 140October 26, 2018 12:50 AM

Grace's glasses are the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Why is she wearing them??

by Anonymousreply 141October 26, 2018 1:24 AM

So cringeworthy tonight.

by Anonymousreply 142October 26, 2018 1:41 AM

R141 I agree, they were hideous!

by Anonymousreply 143October 26, 2018 1:41 AM

good job with the closing scene

by Anonymousreply 144October 26, 2018 1:44 AM

R144, ick, no.

by Anonymousreply 145October 26, 2018 1:47 AM

I absolutely love this show! I've never been so happy something was back, but then, I am a Frau. :-(

by Anonymousreply 146October 26, 2018 1:49 AM

When does Bomer's episode air?

by Anonymousreply 147October 26, 2018 1:51 AM

Bomer plays "McCoy Whitman", Will's love interest. I thought he was just a one-off date, but now they say he will be back for 3 more eps. Also, they just announced Barrett Foa as another love interest... What gives? Foa would be downgrade from Bomer (though more realistic bf material for Will)!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148October 26, 2018 3:11 AM

Just watched it. Neither Will or Grace has any emotional resonance. This was supposed to be a big emotional episode but I felt nothing. These two just aren't very good actors or whatever work they have had has plasticized or ansthetized them. Those glasses were terrible. Someone should have slapped the stupid off Grace tonight. The Karen-Rosario story was a bit better but not by much. I also felt nothing. You can sense that the writers think way too highly of themselves in writing this schmaltzy crap with actors who don't have the range.

by Anonymousreply 149October 26, 2018 4:37 AM

The Karen-Jack-Ghostario story had some good beats, but I felt like the script and acting were holding back in some not-too-funny/not-too-sentimental zone. Same thing for the Will and Grace plot, come to think of it.

by Anonymousreply 150October 26, 2018 4:41 AM

R149 ...anesthetized

by Anonymousreply 151October 26, 2018 4:45 AM

I dont know. I really liked tonight's episode. I just thought it was weird that Messing didnt squeezed out a tear. Maybe they thought it would be too dramatic after the revelation thay Will tried to kill himself.

by Anonymousreply 152October 26, 2018 4:56 AM

R152 haha you are so lame for liking such crap. This show is done.

by Anonymousreply 153October 26, 2018 4:58 AM

The writing just gets worse and worse every episode.

by Anonymousreply 154October 26, 2018 5:23 AM

R131 I agree, he definitely went downhill the most on the original run. I can't figure what's going on with him, if it is bad plastic surgery/still looking old?

I wonder if they show could require the cast members to get it, to look the same age as others who clearly have had it done (Megan). For 250K and episode! I would go for some botox at least.

by Anonymousreply 155October 26, 2018 5:37 AM

To all saying McCormick has aged most of the four, that's interesting. I don't see it (although it might be time for a comparison of then and now photos). I see the most aging in Hayes. To be clear, he's still very handsome and funny. But because of it I find the kooky slapstick of his strange. Just watched the last episode. It didn't really hit, but I felt some sympathy with the Will-Grace part due to a similar situation with a female friend. I thought the Rosario ghost thing was sweet but didn't resonate. And I thought Messing did very well. McCormick left me cold though and his approach seemed ham-handed (the "it was a long time ago" line was way too over-dramatic for my tastes).

by Anonymousreply 156October 26, 2018 11:42 PM

R156 Someone should remind Eric Will's there to be the "straight man" or butt of the joke, and shouldn't ham it up so much to steal or become the joke.

by Anonymousreply 157October 26, 2018 11:47 PM

Kudos to Eric for maintaining his sexy, slim bod.

by Anonymousreply 158October 27, 2018 2:01 AM

Eric looks awful. His eyes are almost closed. I think he had an eye job that went wrong.

And he's too skinny. Why are they putting him in skintight T-shirts? It's not a flattering look.

Megan Mullaly looks amazing. Nick Offerman must have a huge magic dick that keeps her young.

by Anonymousreply 159October 27, 2018 5:43 AM

Eric and Sean both look worse than Debra and Megan, for sure. It is so distracting.

by Anonymousreply 160October 27, 2018 5:52 AM

They look bad and their acting is worse. Trying too hard.

by Anonymousreply 161October 27, 2018 6:16 AM

I still love this show. More laughs per episode than any comedy on the air.

by Anonymousreply 162October 27, 2018 6:21 AM

Weird, I bitched about this show a couple of days ago, and now this new episode is making me laugh hard!

by Anonymousreply 163October 27, 2018 6:50 AM

I think Sean makes the most effort, while the others have more phone it in moments. Even Jim Burrows, the director of every single episode of W&G, seems to be off his game, but the man is 77!

by Anonymousreply 164October 27, 2018 8:08 AM

This week's episode was interesting... Will and Grace's part wasn't very funny but came in strong with some dramatic flair in the end. Jack and Karen's part got more laughs as it got more absurd, but the ending scene with Karen didn't quite work for me. I wish they made the sign from Rosario a bit more subtle. Not the best episode, but worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 165October 27, 2018 8:45 AM

Jasario! Almost didn't remember they were once married!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166October 28, 2018 9:06 AM

The best/funniest part of last week's episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167October 31, 2018 8:44 AM

They're doing a #metoo ep with Grace. They're not making me laugh. Make me laugh comedy series.

by Anonymousreply 168November 2, 2018 1:14 AM

So Grace was raped by her father, had a secret child and Jack is her child? Lame.

by Anonymousreply 169November 2, 2018 1:31 AM

It’s a VERY SPECIAL EPISODE.

by Anonymousreply 170November 2, 2018 1:34 AM

they did a good job with Grace and her father. not so much with the Jack and company part.

although we did fiond out that Jack's cock is 18 good & plentys long.

by Anonymousreply 171November 2, 2018 1:35 AM

Why do we want to need about Grace's mangina and Jack's sheenis?

by Anonymousreply 172November 2, 2018 1:39 AM

"hear"

by Anonymousreply 173November 2, 2018 1:40 AM

When did Will and Grace become fucking Maude? So Will attempted suicide and Grace was raped at 15. WTF is next? Cannibalism?

by Anonymousreply 174November 2, 2018 1:43 AM

Haven't they been talking about Jack's hairless balls for the last couple of episodes?

by Anonymousreply 175November 2, 2018 1:43 AM

R174 Cannibalism? Jack or Karen?

by Anonymousreply 176November 2, 2018 1:46 AM

Make me laugh you bastards or get the hell off the stage.

by Anonymousreply 177November 2, 2018 1:47 AM

Emmy bait don't cha know?

Not working.

Make us laugh.

by Anonymousreply 178November 2, 2018 1:49 AM

Almost every episode of the reboot has been laugh-free. The actors are too old/passé, the writing is heavy handed, and the laugh track no longer works in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 179November 2, 2018 1:50 AM

the waitress was great.

by Anonymousreply 180November 2, 2018 1:53 AM

im there foor matt bomer…..KEEP HIM ON

by Anonymousreply 181November 2, 2018 1:54 AM

Gays will watch for Bomer!

by Anonymousreply 182November 2, 2018 1:57 AM

This is dedicated to the writers of Will & Grace, Murphy Brown and The Conners...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183November 2, 2018 1:58 AM

When is Bomer gonna cum on the show?

by Anonymousreply 184November 2, 2018 1:58 AM

COCO PERU!!

by Anonymousreply 185November 2, 2018 2:04 AM

The original version was never this heavy handed. Why are they going this route? It's supposed to be a very silly sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 186November 2, 2018 2:09 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187November 2, 2018 2:19 AM

You know Deb Messing got her way with pitching this plot/

And why the Hell is her father supposed to feel guilty? He didn't rape her.

by Anonymousreply 188November 2, 2018 2:21 AM

[quote] The original version was never this heavy handed. Why are they going this route? It's supposed to be a very silly sitcom.

Towards the end of the original they injected more drama like Will and Grace falling out because she didn't want to be his surrogate after meeting someone. Their finale was an absolute downer.

by Anonymousreply 189November 2, 2018 2:23 AM

I dislike Deb Messing so much that I think it would be hilarious if her elderly arch nemesis Susan Sarandon were to play her in an SNL skit. And I dislike Sue also.

by Anonymousreply 190November 2, 2018 2:24 AM

The waitress was EVERYTHING!

by Anonymousreply 191November 2, 2018 2:29 AM

Deb is fine in small doses. Grace is best when she's the butt of Karen's belittling jokes. When she gets high and might, you just wanna shove her off the balcony.

by Anonymousreply 192November 2, 2018 2:31 AM

Grace was SO traumatized back then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193November 2, 2018 2:33 AM

Will and Grace is so 1998.

by Anonymousreply 194November 2, 2018 2:35 AM

The retconning on WaG is as stupid and toxic as it was on Roseanne. We are supposed to believe that stupid cunt Grace kept a letter for 30 years unopened where Will says he attempted suicide? Ok. Now, that stupid cunt Grace was raped at 15? Oh please. Next we are gonna find out she was hanging out with Anne Frank in that closet of hers. This show is just pure lies and propaganda. People are seeing through the lies now. I hated last season and this season is even worse. The only character who is not a train wreck, still looks good and can still act is obviously Karen. The other three are finished.

by Anonymousreply 195November 2, 2018 2:43 AM

Let me tell you about Grace Adler...

by Anonymousreply 196November 2, 2018 2:45 AM

Interesting...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197November 2, 2018 2:50 AM

Miss Coco hasn’t aged a bit. Disappointed they didn’t throw a reference to “it buurns”. Actually that could have been one of the monologues.

by Anonymousreply 198November 2, 2018 2:56 AM

One thing I dont understand... If you hate show so much why are people watching and then come to DL to bitch about it.

by Anonymousreply 199November 2, 2018 3:05 AM

You must be new here.

by Anonymousreply 200November 2, 2018 3:06 AM

Some take it to a whole new level and call it “hatewatching”.

by Anonymousreply 201November 2, 2018 3:20 AM

The mausoleum scene reminded me how much I miss Bobbi/Debbie.

by Anonymousreply 202November 2, 2018 3:49 AM

Yay! I love this show. Always have. Haters can remove a couple ribs and suck it.

by Anonymousreply 203November 2, 2018 3:51 AM

Miss Coco Peru was on tonight.

I didn't watch but I saw her tweet about it.

Was it any good?

by Anonymousreply 204November 2, 2018 4:04 AM

Hatewatching and Debra Messing are an irresistible combo.

Try it.

by Anonymousreply 205November 2, 2018 4:04 AM

Great article, R197.

by Anonymousreply 206November 2, 2018 4:06 AM

James Burrows better take back his show. Learn your damn lines, hit your damn marks, keep your overacting to a minimum and leave your boring personal agenda out of the show. I'm looking at you Deb Messing.

by Anonymousreply 207November 2, 2018 4:07 AM

R207 James is 70 something and still directing... I think he's slacking with age, too.

by Anonymousreply 208November 2, 2018 4:13 AM

I watch it but usually don’t laugh once. It is unfunny show.

by Anonymousreply 209November 2, 2018 4:30 AM

Grace's dad is even more annoying than she is. What a terrible actor. Messing was always the worst part of the original and now she is still the worst. So she told her mother and her mother said to keep it to yourself. What a charming family. The whole execution of this SL was ridiculous. We have that unfunny asshole waitress and unfunny asshole father yelling at unfunny asshole Grace. As if the younger gays at the bar would give a fuck about 50 year old Jack. Karen as usual was the only funny thing in the epi.

by Anonymousreply 210November 2, 2018 4:42 AM

I follow Debra Messing on Twitter and it made me really like her.

by Anonymousreply 211November 2, 2018 6:13 AM

Patty the waitress was hilarious! Best comic acting Ive seen in years, honestly.

by Anonymousreply 212November 2, 2018 6:39 AM

When did Megan start looking like Lesley Ann Warren?

by Anonymousreply 213November 2, 2018 8:38 AM

Will & Grace and Murphy Brown both decided to do #MeToo episodes in the reboot. Murphy Brown's was a little more intense because she actually went to the guy's house and confronted him.

I'm sad Debbie Reynolds is gone. I loved her as Grace's mom. The dad character is sort of flat. I guess he was always the straight man to let Debbie do her thing - so without her, he's just dull.

by Anonymousreply 214November 2, 2018 9:38 AM

Debbie being gone is genuinely painful.

I know she was old and in very poor health...but it was still so awful.

by Anonymousreply 215November 2, 2018 1:18 PM

So why wasn't she mad at her mother for keeping it secret to protect her father?

by Anonymousreply 216November 2, 2018 2:29 PM

Messing is annoying. Why is she more of the main character than Will? The screechiness played right into her persona. Good, insightful and important storyline - but Messing avoided doing anything to integrate the harshness with humor. She used to have a hint of ditziness - now she is way too serious and uptight and I just get a really egocentric vibe from her that I don’t get from the other characters (who are better and more comedic than her)

by Anonymousreply 217November 2, 2018 2:58 PM

Oy Vey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218November 2, 2018 4:28 PM

Messing was never a good actress. Her character has always been limited and boring. Not as boring as her ex Leo but close. She has chosen to push her real life propaganda onto everyone else. She is insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 219November 2, 2018 5:56 PM

For those wondering, the person playing Grace's father was 70s stand up comic/"actor" Robert Klein. He never could act worth a damn. I had a tiny one line part in a film he did in 1970 or 71 and eyes of the crew were rolling behind his back every time he said a line.

The only thing I ever saw Messing half way decent in was the failed 1998 show Prey. Strictly drama, no comedy.

by Anonymousreply 220November 2, 2018 6:03 PM

The father is Robert Klein, for you millennial dimwits who have no clue. Klein was a very famous stand-up comedian from the 60's, 70's and 80's and who starred in They're Playing Our Song on Broadway with Lucie Arnaz. He is given very little to do on Will and Grace and his character is charmless, at best. Klein's talents are wasted.

by Anonymousreply 221November 2, 2018 6:25 PM

We should do what they do in the UK, which is to give a reboot 3 or 4 episodes a year and call it a day. That way the desire to see the show and it’s stars again is fulfilled and the show doesn’t get stale and ridiculous, as shows always do when they go on and on for years past their freshness date.

by Anonymousreply 222November 2, 2018 6:35 PM

Did Rbt Klein have a breakdown or something? He was everywhere, then he disappeared. He and George Carlin were practically regulars on SNL, they appeared so frequently as hosts in the early years. Then he dropped off the face of the earth for 30 years

by Anonymousreply 223November 2, 2018 6:37 PM

For those of you who like the waitress in last night's ep, her name is Marth Kelly and she is a stand-up and also a regular on Baskets on FX and she's hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224November 2, 2018 7:12 PM

I was afraid to watch this week's episode by the comments here, but I actually liked it better than last week's. The Grace part was not exactly funny, but it told the story with well-paced comedic relief. I thought the Dad was great. I also liked Debra's performance, not as over the top. I like this Grace much better. The Jack-off was okay... some funny parts but really saved by Jack's big "make marriage gay" speech at the end.

by Anonymousreply 225November 3, 2018 8:52 AM

I know most of you love to rail on Debra Messing, but I always found her more interesting as a serious actress. Anybody see Mothman Prophecies? She was quite good.

by Anonymousreply 226November 3, 2018 8:55 AM

Bloopers for this week's ep

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227November 4, 2018 5:59 AM

Yeah, I cannot fathom what's wrong with you assholes who are ragging on this episode so badly. It was fine. And the waitress was totally funny, loved her. The subject matter was both timely and handled well. I swear, some of you bitch just to bitch.

by Anonymousreply 228November 4, 2018 5:05 AM

Loved the waitress.

by Anonymousreply 229November 4, 2018 5:12 AM

"I swear, some of you bitch just to bitch. "

do you know where you are r228 ?

by Anonymousreply 230November 4, 2018 1:09 PM

[quote]you millennial dimwits who have no clue. Klein was a very famous stand-up comedian from the 60's, 70's and 80's

You're not a millennial if you didn't know who the popular stand up acts were in the 1960s-1980s. Do the math. If you were aged 20-30 from 1980-1990 (when you'd be listening to stand up acts), you'd be 58 now. That's hardly a millennial. Even if you were 20 in 1990 and somehow saw his stand up, you'd be 48 now. Again, gen x.

by Anonymousreply 231November 4, 2018 1:17 PM

The Waitress needs to be made a recurring character.

by Anonymousreply 232November 4, 2018 1:18 PM

Had to search for the leave Britney alone monologue. Is this where it comes from? This annoying little Glee-watching, Shawn Mendes-worshipping, emptyheaded, bottle blond bitch? I could not get through it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233November 4, 2018 1:19 PM

Yeah, that is it, r233. Then he went into porn. I wont post the NSFW - but you can google plenty of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234November 4, 2018 1:25 PM

That thing was a man? I thought it was a girl. Her breakdown is like most DLers on a good day.

by Anonymousreply 235November 4, 2018 1:27 PM

They really do need to find some way to incorporate that waitress into the cast , maybe she can come to the big city looking for a job and end up Karen's new maid.

by Anonymousreply 236November 4, 2018 1:28 PM

The maid is wooden, robotic, unfunny, a terrible actress. She may as well play Grace.

by Anonymousreply 237November 4, 2018 1:31 PM

R237 I meant the waitress.

by Anonymousreply 238November 4, 2018 1:32 PM

or MAYBE, hear me out, maybe that was the role she was to play r236 ?

by Anonymousreply 239November 4, 2018 1:45 PM

Whatever. The new WaG is about as much fun as a cold british lesbian forced to have sex with a man.

by Anonymousreply 240November 4, 2018 2:04 PM

Grace's father was originally played by Alan Arkin. I guess he didn't want to be involved anymore, so they recast with Robert Klein. Klein also played Messing's character's father on her previous series, "The Mysteries of Laura."

For those of you who want to see a good movie with Messing in it, check out this year's "Searching," starring John Cho.

by Anonymousreply 241November 4, 2018 4:30 PM

The least plausible part of this thread is the “Leave Britney alone!” fan boy turned out to be a top in bareback gay porn.

Seriously, we should count our blessing we have Karen Walker and Beverly Leslie.

by Anonymousreply 242November 4, 2018 4:55 PM

R233/R235, are you really that clueless you'd never heard of that before? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 243November 4, 2018 4:58 PM

R231, I was not referring to myself, you dumbass. I was referencing any READERS who might be millennials and who might not know who Robert Klein is.

by Anonymousreply 244November 4, 2018 10:46 PM

Oh excuse me R244, let me rephrase the obvious to make it blindingly clear for you.

ONE is not a millennial if you didn't know who the popular stand up acts were in the 1960s-1980s. Do the math. If you were aged 20-30 from 1980-1990 (when you'd be listening to stand up acts), you'd be 58 now. That's hardly a millennial. Even if you were 20 in 1990 and somehow saw his stand up, you'd be 48 now. Again, gen x.

by Anonymousreply 245November 5, 2018 4:53 AM

Wait wait - clarifying further:

ONE is not a millennial if one didn't know who the popular stand up acts were in the 1960s-1980s. Do the math. If one was age 20-30 from 1980-1990 (when one would be listening to stand up acts), this person would be 58 now. That's hardly a millennial. Even if one was 20 in 1990 and somehow saw his stand up, that person be 48 now. Again, gen x.

by Anonymousreply 246November 5, 2018 4:55 AM

Just Jack!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247November 8, 2018 9:34 AM

I never watched the original but the reboot is okay.

Jack is annoying as fuck, I like the rest of them.

by Anonymousreply 248November 8, 2018 9:39 AM

R248 But none of them can do slapstick like Jack.

by Anonymousreply 249November 8, 2018 9:46 AM

Millennials may not know who the popular comedians were in the 60's or 70's. Robert Klein was popular before they were born. That is all I meant, you OCD freak. All your math is ridiculous. I wasn't trying to match up any age group with performers popular during their lifetimes.

by Anonymousreply 250November 9, 2018 3:11 AM

Coco Peru should be a recurring character.

by Anonymousreply 251November 9, 2018 3:15 AM

I lost it when Karen turned to CoCo and said "Grace!"

by Anonymousreply 252November 9, 2018 3:16 AM

Other choices on the “Wheel of Monologues” included “No Wire Hangers” and “Sally Fields - You Like Me”. Nice attention to small details.

by Anonymousreply 253November 9, 2018 3:22 AM

R252 That was surprisingly funny because that line sort of came out of nowhere but was also so Karen.

by Anonymousreply 254November 9, 2018 4:09 AM

maybe this is how "gay" should be done?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255November 9, 2018 6:42 PM

Gabraham Twinkoln.

by Anonymousreply 256November 16, 2018 1:03 AM

Just Gaybraham!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257November 16, 2018 1:11 AM

I'm enjoying tonight's ep.

by Anonymousreply 258November 16, 2018 1:13 AM

This play sucks harder than a girl with daddy issues!

by Anonymousreply 259November 16, 2018 1:14 AM

I just saw a commercial for a Netflix series (I think it's a series) starring Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin. I suppose that's why he didn't reprise his role as Grace's father this season.

by Anonymousreply 260November 16, 2018 1:17 AM

John Cryer.

by Anonymousreply 261November 16, 2018 1:20 AM

Meghan this season seems for some reason to be suddenly really hamming, almost parodying, her Karen character’s voice (?).

by Anonymousreply 262November 16, 2018 1:23 AM

It took me a minute to figure out Shakes-queer. Then, I laughed for a minute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263November 16, 2018 1:26 AM

So after two more episodes there won't be any new episodes until the fall of 2019, almost a year from now? That sucks!

by Anonymousreply 264November 16, 2018 1:30 AM

I still enjoy it and think it's funny.

by Anonymousreply 265November 16, 2018 1:31 AM

It's still a great show.....even fresher! Addition of David Schwimmer is fantastic....great pairing for Grace

by Anonymousreply 266November 16, 2018 1:47 AM

Debra Messing's timing is off. She is SO LOUD!!!

by Anonymousreply 267November 16, 2018 3:21 AM

What are you talking about R264? This season has 18 episodes-2 more than last season. They'll be on at least through April

by Anonymousreply 268November 16, 2018 3:54 AM

R268 He misunderstood the length of the hiatus... There are two more episodes this year and then the show goes on winter hiatus to return in the *spring* of 2019. I hope Bomer shows up in the next couple of episodes!

by Anonymousreply 269November 16, 2018 4:00 AM

Used to love Megan/Karen but she is so far over the top I cringe when she enters a scene. Gave up a couple episodes when Jack was equally ridiculous (though Sean’s abundant physical comedy talents were evident).

by Anonymousreply 270November 16, 2018 10:53 AM

Matt Bomer in the house.

by Anonymousreply 271December 7, 2018 1:03 AM

Andy Cohen diss.

by Anonymousreply 272December 7, 2018 1:04 AM

Lorraine Finster has arrived.

by Anonymousreply 273December 7, 2018 1:05 AM

aka The British Open lol.

by Anonymousreply 274December 7, 2018 1:09 AM

Anderson Cooper diss.

by Anonymousreply 275December 7, 2018 1:30 AM

The whole Jack working a reverse-my-fair-lady scheme on Will was kind of fun, especially when he wasn’t seeing himself being the inspiration. And for a change Will was playing not-so-smart, and Bomer was playing a bit of a douche. Until that mask cracks at the end when Will calls him on his insecurity. Good mid-season cliffhanger, can go in so many directions.

by Anonymousreply 276December 7, 2018 7:36 AM

Tonight’s episode was great.

by Anonymousreply 277December 7, 2018 9:16 AM

Plot hole! A high-end homo like McCoy looking for a "boy toy" would never give over-the-hill Will (why was he so tanned?) a second glance! Otherwise, a good episode. Bomer did a better job that I thought he would. But what happened to Grace? Was she just left for dead on the stage?

by Anonymousreply 278December 7, 2018 9:54 AM

They really are pumping an empty well with this show. Christ that was laugh free.

by Anonymousreply 279December 7, 2018 10:09 AM

R279 I laughed plenty even though going in thinking the episode would be ho-hum from the preview. Maybe this reboot's just not for you.

by Anonymousreply 280December 7, 2018 10:20 AM

[quote]Good mid-season cliffhanger, can go in so many directions.

Originally they wrote the episode as a one shot for Matt Bomer's character then at the last minute they changed the ending.

Matt Bomer will be back for three more episodes as Will's boyfriend before he gets replaced by Barrett Foa from NCIS: LA as another suitor for Will.

by Anonymousreply 281December 7, 2018 10:34 AM

They are not playing Will to his strength. He is exactly the right age to be the rich and smart "daddy", and the boyfriends should be his "boy toys".

by Anonymousreply 282December 7, 2018 10:40 AM

R278 Funny fact, the actor's actual husband is the same age as Eric McCormack (55) and they're also both McCormack and the husband are both Canadian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283December 7, 2018 10:40 AM

You know if they rebooted this show with new actors, Bomer could play Will!

by Anonymousreply 284December 7, 2018 10:46 AM

I still can't get over the fact that Fletcher's boy went psycho and did himself in.

by Anonymousreply 285December 7, 2018 12:48 PM

Eric McCormack pings so much to me. In interviews, atthat Paley Media fest thing.... every time I watch him off the show, he seems so closeted.

by Anonymousreply 286December 7, 2018 2:08 PM

He's Canadian. It's a thing they do R286.

by Anonymousreply 287December 7, 2018 2:43 PM

no, that;s british! ^

by Anonymousreply 288December 7, 2018 3:18 PM

I thought that was Finn Wittrock.

by Anonymousreply 289December 7, 2018 11:11 PM

[quote]“Sally Fields - You Like Me”. Nice attention to small details.

Too bad we can't say the same for you.

by Anonymousreply 290December 8, 2018 2:59 AM

Ugh, oh, dear indeed.

by Anonymousreply 291December 8, 2018 9:31 AM

I wish Karen would leave. She’s a cartoon and the novelty has worn off. She’s incredibly,y grating this season.

by Anonymousreply 292December 8, 2018 10:34 AM

R280 thinks she's funny, R292.

by Anonymousreply 293December 8, 2018 12:38 PM

I thought that was one of the better episodes of the reboot. Certainly better than that cheesy #MeToo episode that felt shoehorned in.

by Anonymousreply 294December 8, 2018 6:28 PM

I think their major mistake was erasing Will's son and Grace's daughter. They didn't need to make them major characters in the reboot but it would have opened up the characters to many different storylines in relation to their (now) middle-aged lives. I feel as if Will and Grace are just stuck and there's been no change in their lives for the past 15 years. They just seem to be spinning in place. I thought that's what Jack and Karen were for, no?

by Anonymousreply 295December 8, 2018 6:52 PM

Matt B looked much thinner here than in his USA days.

by Anonymousreply 296December 8, 2018 7:09 PM

R286 he probably is

by Anonymousreply 297December 8, 2018 7:23 PM

Erasing any growth Will and Grace had does lend a certain sadness to the proceedings. Here are two characters approaching (or already in) middle age who only really seem to have each other. They're still weirdly codependent on one another.

by Anonymousreply 298December 8, 2018 7:27 PM

R295 You hit it on the head. Karen and Jack are shallow and lack selfawareness. It makes sense they don't change. Grace is pushing 50 and still tragically self-involved and needy. Will is only a tiny hit better, but still controlling and an insecure elitist. I think Schwimmer is a nice addition and works well with McCornack.

I will say the Bomer episode the other night was the hardest I've laughed at a sitcom in forever. Great pacing, although the Grace singing bit is as stale as her character.

by Anonymousreply 299December 8, 2018 7:35 PM

I agree they should have kept the kids. They could have been brought in as needed as needed and given them more story line possibilities.

What happened to "Grill" working together? I missed that explanation whilst switching over to "Mom" in the same time slot.

by Anonymousreply 300December 8, 2018 7:39 PM

There were some nice guest appearances in the new episode, from Adam Rippon to Matt Bomer. Lots of name dropping too, Andy Cohen, Anderson Cooper etc. Loved it.

by Anonymousreply 301December 8, 2018 7:41 PM

Bomer was actually rather good in this. Color me surprised. I've never been a fan, but I liked him in this and on stage in The Boys in the Band last summer.

by Anonymousreply 302December 8, 2018 7:44 PM

Rippon was good, too. I could see him moving into acting.

"Thank you, BARRY."

by Anonymousreply 303December 8, 2018 7:46 PM

According to James Burrows, Will & Grace has always been a non-threatening clown show. Jack and Karen are obvious clowns, Grace is Lucille Ball and Will is the anchor. It’s just meant to be enjoyed.

by Anonymousreply 304December 8, 2018 7:58 PM

Yet they have Grace be raped by her father's best friend and Will contemplate suicide for shock value.

by Anonymousreply 305December 8, 2018 8:10 PM

R305 Actually, that might explain why they have failed in their personal relationships! Low self esteem deep down masked by their self-obsessiveness.

by Anonymousreply 306December 9, 2018 1:35 AM

Seeing Bomer on this show really brings back memories when Will was not so old and tired looking.

by Anonymousreply 307December 9, 2018 1:37 AM

I have all but forgotten this was on.

It was fun in the first post return episodes, but Will and Grace acting the same as always is really tiresome.

And to be honest, Karen being a Trumper just killed it for me. She may have been a narcissist, but she was never that blatantly evil. Cynical, sarcastic, even cruel occasionally for her own enjoyment, sure. But she'd be too smart and too busy having fun to involve herself in the politics.

by Anonymousreply 308December 9, 2018 1:40 AM

So what exactly was the cliff hanger? If Bomer will go with Will? Who the fuck cares?

by Anonymousreply 309December 9, 2018 1:41 AM

R307. this storyline is somewhat of a rehash of the Cyrano de Bergerac storyline between Will and Patrick Dempsey's sports reporter character.

R308, her ex-husband is a multi-millionaire. Of course, she would be a Republican. It's also completely in line with her character.

by Anonymousreply 310December 9, 2018 2:03 AM

R310 Exactly, Karen only has a heart for a few minutes at a time and only with certain people close to her. She would never be "woke" enough to be anti-Trump unless he comes personally to take away her money or booze!

by Anonymousreply 311December 9, 2018 2:10 AM

R310 Also this rehash doesn't make any sense since who in their right mind would think Will is "boy toy" material. It's ridiculous. Will is clearly "daddy" material and they should write around that!

by Anonymousreply 312December 9, 2018 2:12 AM

The four characters are all reasonably good-looking and charismatic, to the point that it doesn’t make sense that they’re not in longer-term relationships or are still all living in such close proximity at this point in their lives. Yes, I get it that’s the MO of the show’s premise—but it leaves their characters sadly going nowhere and not growing.

by Anonymousreply 313December 9, 2018 2:13 AM

Yes, R310!

by Anonymousreply 314December 9, 2018 2:14 AM

It might play too close to home R283 for Will to be "daddy" with McCoy. Yet I hope that happens when Bomer returns for his 3-episode stint!

by Anonymousreply 315December 9, 2018 2:19 AM

Do you, R315!?!

by Anonymousreply 316December 9, 2018 2:41 AM

Seeing a fresh handsome face on this show is exciting! While I don't detest the show as being old and tired as others do, only having the same old characters doing the same old things will not attract any new audience.

by Anonymousreply 317December 9, 2018 3:14 AM

Re313 Karen is still tied to Stan after all this time (she's in the process of divorce so that might be some progress for her). Alec B. had his own show (briefly this fall), the ABC game show & SNL to deal with so maybe he couldn't commit to being on W.& G. as much as they would've liked hence Karen still being stuck with Stan for the time being.

Jack has a "long term" boyfriend now (for him that's progress).

Grace now has Noah this season so that could be something if David S. doesn't walk away from the role.

Will seems to be the one stuck in his situation from years ago. The fact that the Bomer thing is short lived & another guy is on the way proves this.

I would've liked the 4 of them to have sig. others in their lives when show returned & would've been their own gang of 4 that enjoyed hanging out together.

A real recurring character tour de force/blowout.

It would've been fun for the 4 newbies (possibly sitting around at a bar) to update the audience on the 4 original characters during the off years in the reboot's return episode.

I'm curious if Bomer's character will meet Noah or Jack's guy in his few remaining episodes.

by Anonymousreply 318December 9, 2018 5:38 AM

R318 The show surely does need new blood that actually sticks around (they've had side characters that are one episode only/didn't work out or just appear now and then) and some eye candy would be nice (which Bomer did a fine job at this ep)! Nostalgia can only take the show so far and it ultimately leads to a diminishing audience.

by Anonymousreply 319December 9, 2018 5:50 AM

Hope McCoy sleeps with Will so he can walk around the apartment shirtless or in a towel. Then he can meet Karen (oh, and Grace, too) before he goes bye bye.

by Anonymousreply 320December 9, 2018 6:04 AM

Does E McCormack have pancreatic cancer? They put makeup on his ears. That's why I ask. One of Bowie's last public appearances at a play in NY, his handlers forgot to hide his jaundice ears with makeup. One look and you knew the rumors were true.

Eric looks really sick here.

by Anonymousreply 321December 9, 2018 6:58 AM

R321 Can he still show up for taping with pancreatic cancer?!

by Anonymousreply 322December 9, 2018 7:14 AM

He doesn't look bad at all in this photo. He just looked bad in this episode like he had some fake tan makeup sprayed on his face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323December 9, 2018 7:46 AM

[quote]I'm curious if Bomer's character will meet Noah or Jack's guy in his few remaining episodes.

He apparently will meet Noah.

From what I can tell he already shot 3 episodes (only one has aired) but he has at least one more to film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324December 10, 2018 1:14 PM

[quote] Her ex-husband is a multi-millionaire. Of course, she would be a Republican. It's also completely in line with her character.

She was rich, sure, but she was generally a narcissist in a way that was sort of live and let live. Making her a Trumper just took it to an ugly place that Karen never was before.

by Anonymousreply 325December 11, 2018 1:58 AM

R325, I respectfully disagree. I think you're taking your own feelings for Trump and projecting them onto Karen's character.

Karen and Trump have probably known each other for years as they would be part of the same NYC social circle. She didn't vote for Trump because he spoke out against Mexicans or because he's rolling back trans legislation, she voted for him because Karen Walker will always vote Republican and she will always vote for the candidate who best represents her economic interests. In this instance, Karen voted for one of her own and that's completely in line with her character.

by Anonymousreply 326December 11, 2018 2:27 AM

For crying out loud-its a tv show. Not a documentary. Of course Karen would vote for Trump. Its totally inline with her character. Did hou watch the original series? Also love it or hate it but the show has really improved this season. Some younare saying the characters are stuck in time and not showing growth but shit on the two episodes that actually show depth to the characters and their background. Fuck some of you are grating. Just enjoy the show or not.

by Anonymousreply 327December 11, 2018 3:33 AM

#metoo, R327. They're talking about this thing like it needs Cliffs Notes. It's a fun sit com that isn't ashamed or tentative about two gay leads (three if you count Karen.)

by Anonymousreply 328December 11, 2018 11:15 AM

But, would Blair Warner vote for Trump?

by Anonymousreply 329December 11, 2018 11:35 AM

The Will and Grace reboot offered nostalgic fun but was really rough when it came back. Last night’s (01/32/2019) episode was SO much better than the earlier reboot ones, or else I was in a weirdly perfect mood to be entertained. The spiked chocolate milk thing turned out to be funny, the CGI butterflies funny, Grace’s “lesbian” sister surprisingly funny, Grace’s acting surprisingly back into her 90s groove, Karen’s singing really great.

by Anonymousreply 330February 1, 2019 11:07 AM

The whole Karen storyline cutting between reality and her perception of it was really well done. And really sad/nostalgic about a character we’ve never seen. Regardless of all the questionable things she’s said and done over the years, I really felt sadness for her in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 331February 1, 2019 11:36 AM

R331 I’m glad someone else here appreciated it. I figured I’ll be trolled for my reaction. The editing and the writing overall was a huge improvement—Jack and Will had a weirdly (for this show) romantic face-feeling moment, and then hallucinated butterflies at the door; cut to Karen singing on stage; cut to Karen on the washing machine; finish with two minutes of Karen singing like a pro onstage, without any sarcasm or humor. Really surprisingly good episode.

by Anonymousreply 332February 1, 2019 11:42 AM

R330, I had no idea January had 32 days.

by Anonymousreply 333February 1, 2019 12:05 PM

Alert, SUPER MARY POST:

They gave a nod to Judy Garland by putting Karen in that blue dress with the white sleeves. It was similar to Garland's (Esther's ) outfit when she sang The Man That Got Away.

by Anonymousreply 334February 1, 2019 1:09 PM

After watching a couple episodes where I never laughed once, I stopped watching. Watched most of last night's episode and never laughed once. I loathe Grace now and her stupid sister and wtf is Chelsea doing on that revolting cunt. Karen was ok but not great, they are trying way too hard to humanize and add emotional depth to a clown. Jack looks terrible and is no longer funny. Will is pointless as usual. Will not watch again. Would rather watch paint dry. The laugh track is insanely annoying.

by Anonymousreply 335February 1, 2019 1:34 PM

Karen was "ok, but not great?" Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 336February 1, 2019 2:01 PM

if you "have " to hate a show, you will hate it hard! right r335 ?

by Anonymousreply 337February 1, 2019 2:06 PM

When does Bomer come back?

by Anonymousreply 338February 1, 2019 2:08 PM

“Ok but not great” = Donald Trump or someone who aspires to be him.

by Anonymousreply 339February 1, 2019 2:22 PM

Was Grace's older sister on before and does have two sisters? I only remember Geena Davis as the older sister but maybe recall a Debbie R. episode with a sister but she seemed close in age to Grace.

by Anonymousreply 340February 1, 2019 4:48 PM

Sara Rue played her younger sister who had a a crush on Wilma.

by Anonymousreply 341February 1, 2019 4:59 PM

Megan Mullally nailed The Man That Go Away. One of the best, most deeply felt versions since Judy's.

by Anonymousreply 342February 1, 2019 5:25 PM

Yeah, Karen's love for Stan was so deep.

But at his fake funeral she was all about the Benjamins and one upping his mistress found under the bed.

The episode was very disjointed and Chelsea needs acting lessons.

by Anonymousreply 343February 1, 2019 5:33 PM

[quote] Megan Mullally nailed The Man That Go Away. One of the best, most deeply felt versions since Judy's.

My favorite version 😅

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344February 1, 2019 7:45 PM

R339 voted for Trump. Die cunt die.

by Anonymousreply 345February 1, 2019 10:05 PM

R333 It does if you drink W & G chocolate milk.

The butterflies will explain it to you.

by Anonymousreply 346February 1, 2019 11:46 PM

Here's the full rendition of The Man that Got Away from the show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347February 2, 2019 4:36 AM

Really liked last nights ep. Wriiing was like the old days!

by Anonymousreply 348February 2, 2019 5:01 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, this is how it's done (in one take, no less)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349February 2, 2019 5:01 AM

Thanks for that, R349. After 65 years....sublime. The Maryiest of Mary posts, I know.

by Anonymousreply 350February 3, 2019 6:13 PM

I like the show but I must admit

the most recent episode was a chore to sit through.

by Anonymousreply 351February 20, 2019 6:33 AM

They should have kept Will and Grace's kids in case they ran out of stories which they certainly did.

by Anonymousreply 352February 20, 2019 4:06 PM

r352 Yes, and there are so many series and movies that deal with childlessness, and so few viewers who can relate to it.

by Anonymousreply 353February 20, 2019 4:57 PM

They didn't have to feature them every week but could have been referred to. Why throw the babies out with the bathwater?

by Anonymousreply 354February 20, 2019 5:17 PM

You would think the writers would've been smart enough to give the kids they took away from the lead characters over to their siblings

like Grace's sister (instead of the tired & cringing "my sister is going to go gay" plot they recently did that went over like a lead balloon).

They could have plenty of aunt & uncle subplots without the leads being tied down with kids every episode.

Also why did Debra M. go off on Megan K. for suggesting that gay was a choice only to do this "my sister is choosing to be a lesbian" episode. Apparently neither the cast nor the writers are aware of bisexuals or are will to stand up for them. If Grace's sis was dating men in he past & was now pursuing a woman then she would be a bisexual instead of a lesbian). Maybe Megan K. should call Debra M. a hypocrite on the issue (but she is probably too busy counting her recent $$$)..

Does anyone else have any ideas to improve the show?

I don't know how much more I can take of Jack & Karen being dumber than Chrissy Snow & Rose Nylund. It's just too far fetched now.

by Anonymousreply 355February 20, 2019 5:30 PM

Debra Messing is such a cunty hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 356February 20, 2019 5:38 PM

What happened to Will and Grace working together?

by Anonymousreply 357February 20, 2019 8:36 PM

This season of W&G has taught me to love people on their own terms.

No expectations, no consistency. Just love.

by Anonymousreply 358February 21, 2019 5:13 AM

I'm still watching it hoping it would get better but, at this point, it's obvious they have no clue where to go and what to do with the characters. Unfortunately, the original run is also in syndication and only underlines the inferiority of the reboot. This would've worked much better on one of the streaming services where storylines could be more adult instead of trying to recycle the jokes from 20 years ago with that canned laughter.

by Anonymousreply 359February 21, 2019 12:24 PM

Terrible episode

by Anonymousreply 360February 22, 2019 2:00 AM

Shit show. Hate their theme song too.

by Anonymousreply 361February 22, 2019 2:08 AM

You're a shit show, R361, and we're going to cancel YOU!

by Anonymousreply 362February 22, 2019 2:09 AM

R361 = Crazy Matt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363February 22, 2019 2:59 AM

Sexy Matt was on again tonight.

Fun fact: the building used for exteriors of Will, Grace and Jack’s apartments is on Riverside Dr., same street as the mansion where Neal Caffree lived in White Collar.

by Anonymousreply 364March 1, 2019 3:00 AM

Sexy Matt is so fucking sexy. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 365March 1, 2019 3:24 AM

WIll looks like his daddy.

by Anonymousreply 366March 1, 2019 3:33 AM

They aren't that far apart in age, right? About 15 yrs?

by Anonymousreply 367March 1, 2019 1:33 PM

Matt really did a bad, ugly cry. he needs more real life practice.

by Anonymousreply 368March 1, 2019 2:27 PM

Old actors on old people's tired show.

by Anonymousreply 369March 1, 2019 2:38 PM

R367, About 15-14 years which is quite a bit.

Eric McCormick turns 56 this year. Matt Bomer turns 42 later this year.

Matt Bomer's actual husband just turned 55 in January.

by Anonymousreply 370March 1, 2019 3:25 PM

This show is beyond TERRIBLE. My boyfriend insist we watch it. What are these storylines? David schwimmer? UGH. WHY can't they ever get Grace's boyfriend casting right? Jack and karen are so tired. matt bomer has no idea how to play comedy. Stretching out a storyline of grace running for president of something? Really? Bringing back Val again? alec Baldwin's annoying not funny ass. If they were gonna have Karen divorce Stan they shoulda just kept him dead. Lame lame writing. Grace is on a ledge sitting on bird eggs? Come on. And these people are getting paid very well for this stupid bullshit..

by Anonymousreply 371March 1, 2019 3:46 PM

I still think it's funny. I agree last night's show was kind of over the top with that annoying Bomer character and stupid bird story. The writers clearly are still writing Grace as Lucille Ball. Overall, I still think it's a fun show. This second season of the revival (or whatever you call it) is much better than the first.

by Anonymousreply 372March 1, 2019 4:12 PM

The show has slid quickly back into a parody of itself, just as it had the first time through.

However, Bomer looked very handsome and was worth wading through the morass to see.

by Anonymousreply 373March 1, 2019 4:21 PM

come on guys! how can you say bad things about last night's show after seeing Grace in her birds nest hat?

by Anonymousreply 374March 1, 2019 4:59 PM

This show has always relied too heavily on the one-off guest characters. I'm fine with the Bomer and Schwimmer arcs. In fact, I feel like they raise the bar a bit, Schwimmer especially. The show needs new regular characters. The main four characters have become unspeakably boring and predictable.

Baldwin is long in the tooth and keeps getting away with being a brute. More and more I'm having a difficult time believing he only physically lashes out at photographers. Enough with him.

by Anonymousreply 375March 1, 2019 5:18 PM

Without Rosario or Bobbi Adler, this show is pointless.

by Anonymousreply 376March 1, 2019 5:26 PM

lots of bed heads last night

by Anonymousreply 377March 22, 2019 10:13 PM

Is Karen really going to start dating Samira Wiley now?! That's kinda insane, in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 378March 22, 2019 10:31 PM

A vagitarian - Karen Walker you funny girl.

by Anonymousreply 379March 22, 2019 10:41 PM

Fail episode again. The skinny black chick just doesn't seem like Karen's type.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380March 22, 2019 10:49 PM

Last night was funnier than usual.

by Anonymousreply 381March 23, 2019 5:10 AM

Getting worse and worse. They really like hyping up matt bomer, who looks like a freak to me.

by Anonymousreply 382March 23, 2019 5:28 AM

Matt Bomer is animatronic

by Anonymousreply 383March 23, 2019 9:30 AM

Yeah...the revival was great in the beginning but it's lost that momentum. I still enjoy the Karen and Jack stuff tho.

by Anonymousreply 384March 23, 2019 9:36 AM

Interesting how polarized the opinions here are. I’m in the opposite camp from yours, R384. I felt like last season/the first reboot season was weak, with the performers out of practice, the characters creepily juvenile and unevolved, many of the storylines such as the premiere too forced and political—fine, but not funny.

This season IMO is just much more entertaining. All the actors are back in their grooves as the characters, and the Will and Grace characters actually feel age appropriate. Karen and Jack are cartoons, and so I can’t care now that they’re totally unrealistic when they never were to begin with.

I also surprisingly love David Schwimmer in this role. He’s my favorite Grace boyfriend. She’s an awful person, so she deserves to date a jerk. Harry Connick was too good for her.

I also like Matt Bomer in this role, but I think the writing is relying too much on his appearance. He’s attractive. How long can that be the focus? It’s kind of annoying.

I even like Jack’s boyfriend now after last week, when he suddenly revealed a personality and motivations.

I think the show is getting better, honestly. And the one really superficial thing I will say is that this thread has been very critical of McCormick’s appearance—are you kidding?? He is 56 and to me he looks incredible. I’m 40 and he has the exact build I have always coveted and could never have. Fifty six! And he looks like that! I imagine up close he might be kind of freaky looking since there is zero chance he hasn’t had a facelift, but on camera he is A+ for someone approaching 60. My boss turned 60 last month and he could easily pass for McCormick’s father.

by Anonymousreply 385March 23, 2019 10:13 AM

I might have very poor taste but I think Bomer is good looking and would def date him

by Anonymousreply 386March 23, 2019 11:02 AM

if they gave the boot to debra messing I would watch the thing.....she makes my skin crawl.

by Anonymousreply 387March 23, 2019 11:18 AM

r385 Agreed. I thought the start of the season was pretty laboured but these last few episodes have been great. There's still a hysterical gem or two in each episode, which is impressive. And I can't help but still enjoy the chemistry between the four of them; it's so comforting.

by Anonymousreply 388March 23, 2019 11:21 AM

R388 Same. And I find Messing kind of grating in real life, but she is the most natural of all the cast in her character (except Karen) and I don’t see Messing when I am watching Grace. The revival also is evidence that Meghan Mullally is just a brilliant comic actress. She is the only one who didn’t seem a little rusty or “off,” and she is so fucking absurdly funnny. She is as close as we ever got to our own AbFab—and I don’t mean the drinking and drugging; just the damn-it-all-to-hell performance style.

by Anonymousreply 389March 23, 2019 11:27 AM

God, I find Mulally’s portrayal completely insufferable at this point. She dialed it up to ten during the original run but now it’s like twenty. I know she’s talented but seriously needs to be reined in.

by Anonymousreply 390March 23, 2019 11:30 AM

Oh no she bedda don’t, R390.

by Anonymousreply 391March 23, 2019 11:41 AM

Grace's best boyfriend will always be Woody Harrelson. I do like Schwimmer, though. I'm now assuming he didn't work much after Friends because people only saw him as Ross. I'm glad he's back. And it's about time the show had a black character, even a semi-regular one or guest star. The last one was Gregory Hines. 20 Years Ago. I thought it was a nice touch when they named Will's son Ben, a nod to Hines' character. It's amazing how long this show has gotten away with being all white characters for so long.

by Anonymousreply 392March 23, 2019 11:52 AM

Yes, I'm surprised they stayed white so long...

by Anonymousreply 393March 23, 2019 2:23 PM

R383 YES. That is the perfect description. I couldn't think of the word. He has freak crazy eyes to me. R384 I agree. But by end of last season I was over it. I can't even enioy Jack and Karen anymore. They both are way too over the top now. It's campy. I would never watch if my boyfriend did not put it on every week.

by Anonymousreply 394March 23, 2019 4:02 PM

ah! the sacrifices of love ^

by Anonymousreply 395March 23, 2019 4:47 PM

Between the weekly stunt casting and the speed with which all of the characters have devolved into caricatures of human beings, the only way to watch the show is as a farce.

During it's first run, I was grateful for it's groundbreaking push to have the show center around a gay man.

Today, I realize that the depiction does us no favors.

by Anonymousreply 396March 23, 2019 5:03 PM

^^^true.

by Anonymousreply 397March 23, 2019 5:22 PM

You guys say Jack and Karen are too over the top now. In the original run, Karen used to drink pills with martinis while her Latina maid pulled her around in a rickshaw, and faced off with a midget who blew away off a balcony in a windstorm. I mean...

by Anonymousreply 398March 23, 2019 5:29 PM

r396 Your grammar certainly shouldn't do you any.

by Anonymousreply 399March 23, 2019 5:33 PM

[quote]During it's first run, I was grateful for it's groundbreaking push to have the show center around a gay man. Today, I realize that the depiction does us no favors.

I could have told you that when it was a new show. And after that Debra Messing cupcake debacle, she’s just another hetero handmaid who supports gay erasure. That guy on Jump the Shark back in the day who said “this show is an insult to gays everywhere” while defending [italic]Soap[/italic]’s Jodie Dallas was right.

The same people who championed this show are the same ones who engineered the transjacking of gay culture.

by Anonymousreply 400March 23, 2019 5:37 PM

Speaking of grammar R399, you can't even make a complete sentence.

by Anonymousreply 401March 23, 2019 5:39 PM

Husband and I weren't really big fans of the way this went, and we watch weekly.

Will and Grace splitting up didn't work in the original (Grace going off with Leo) though it was a natural evolution. Why are they pushing it so soon now? Ross and ESPECIALLY Matt Bomer aren't charismatic love interests at all, so I don't get it. Samira Wiley is a TERRIBLE actress (see: Handmaids Tale) so this is annoying also.

Also Grace's dad being the "heavy" in two episodes (#metoo and the gay blood panic ep) was a bit much this season.

LOVE Estefan, though. Grace having to sit on the bird's nest was a LOL moment.

by Anonymousreply 402March 23, 2019 5:39 PM

The episode with Will and Jack getting stoned was very funny.

by Anonymousreply 403March 23, 2019 5:40 PM

Matt Bomer is goddamn funny. Love him as the needy boyfriend. Nice twist for Will being the one who doesn't care so much.

by Anonymousreply 404March 23, 2019 5:45 PM

While I didn't like the episode as a whole the one that blew me away was the one where Megan Mullally sang The Man That Got Away. I had no idea she had such a wonderful and powerful singing voice. Actually I didn't know she could sing at all.

by Anonymousreply 405March 23, 2019 5:49 PM

It’s a dumb network sitcom. As someone who has had sufficient, I think it’s more than sufficient for what it is.

by Anonymousreply 406March 23, 2019 5:50 PM

Grace hospitalizing RBG was also hilarious. Deb really brought the old Grace back lately.

by Anonymousreply 407March 23, 2019 6:12 PM

The way Nathan dumped Grace so brutally didn't fit in at all with the way the character was written. He was a great boyfriend who dumped her for nothing at all which sent Grace into a mini breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 408March 24, 2019 3:24 AM

I thought it was cute when David and Matt were in bed together. It would be funny if they left Will and Grace for each other because they "find them exhausting".

by Anonymousreply 409March 24, 2019 1:43 PM

did not enjoy this ep as much as others. but now we see how they get rid of Schwimmer.

by Anonymousreply 410March 29, 2019 6:55 PM

butch Karen just doen't work

by Anonymousreply 411March 29, 2019 7:11 PM

R402, I think it's pretty clear that these characters will always end up back at square one and while I didn't like them splitting up in the original, I appreciated the idea that this was the way it was going to go. There could have also been a happy medium where they ended up in the same building together but no that's not dramatic enough.

R385, McCoy/Matt Bomer's character is starting to annoy me. The jokes focusing on his appearance and his thoughts about them worked when he was only supposed to be a one episode character but giving him 3 more episodes and continuing to focus on them is irksome.

R389, Megan was amazing on Parks & Recreation as Ron's (her real life husband Nick Offerman's) ex-wife "Tammy." She was always just a guest star, appeared for a few scenes and completely stole the show and sold you on the character in that time. She is such an incredible talent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412March 30, 2019 1:55 PM

Samira Wiley is still a terrible actress and this Karen subplot is too. much.

by Anonymousreply 413March 31, 2019 12:23 AM

Samira Wiley always seems like she's so proud of herself for just getting the words out - like a child who's just aced their addition and subtraction tests. No character at all. I only see her.

by Anonymousreply 414March 31, 2019 3:45 AM

I just think the writing is lame...I like the fact that it is back on the air but I rarely watch it. "Must see TV" it is not.

by Anonymousreply 415March 31, 2019 3:55 AM

well done wedding episode. great laugh lines. especially Schmitty.

by Anonymousreply 416April 5, 2019 2:28 AM

Is this the end of the series? Because this episode definitely felt like it.

by Anonymousreply 417April 5, 2019 2:42 AM

I'm straight!

by Anonymousreply 418April 5, 2019 2:44 AM

MM just confirmed a season 11 on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 419April 5, 2019 4:05 AM

Did you miss the title where it said it was renewed for season 3 R417?

by Anonymousreply 420April 5, 2019 4:32 AM

So all those years of Karen teasing bisexuality were for nothing

by Anonymousreply 421April 5, 2019 4:33 AM

I wish this show had more SHOW! It is only ten minutes of show with 20 minutes of commercials. Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 422April 5, 2019 4:39 AM

I saw Karen's accidental announcement coming. Cute homage and Smitty always makes me smile. Otherwise meh episode.

by Anonymousreply 423April 5, 2019 5:30 AM

So far I’m liking Reid Scott and how they wrote him, as Grace’s new potential bf. Miss Coco “it burns Gabriel” Peru as the surprise officiant was perfect. Like someone posted above the shows are short, which limits character development. However, that’s part of the sitcom genre.

by Anonymousreply 424April 5, 2019 6:25 AM

I've been very happily surprised at how good this revival is. Some of these shows are as good as the best of the original. That's extremely rare in a revival! Lord knows they didn't manage it with poor Murphy Brown. But happily, the original spirit of W&G is still as sharp and funny as ever.

by Anonymousreply 425April 5, 2019 6:43 AM

Shame on this show for making Karen Walker straight! Having her explore a real lesbian relationship would have been one of the most interesting story lines on this show. I actually tried to watch new episodes as soon as I could the past couple of weeks. Now, I do not give a damn if I ever see another episode!

by Anonymousreply 426April 5, 2019 3:29 PM

oh please! r426 Karen has always been a cock chaser.

by Anonymousreply 427April 5, 2019 3:41 PM

I thought it was a great episode, although I do think that Jack married the wrong person. I have never warmed to that character and find him annoying and unfunny. Also, Matt Bomer is growing on me. His Ken-doll boring looks and anodyne talents are perfect as a complement to the character of Will Truman.

How can Grace just leave her design business and fly off to Europe with a stranger like that? I guess they will address all that in season three.

by Anonymousreply 428April 5, 2019 3:52 PM

Karen Walker is bisexual, R427.

by Anonymousreply 429April 5, 2019 3:58 PM

Hopefully this means no more Samira Wiley and Ross.

by Anonymousreply 430April 5, 2019 4:04 PM

[quote]Hopefully this means no more Samira Wiley and Ross.

And let's hope they take Matt Boomer with them.

by Anonymousreply 431April 6, 2019 12:29 AM

ugh. Ross as a boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432April 6, 2019 12:35 AM

PI VOT!!!

by Anonymousreply 433April 7, 2019 2:50 PM

This show is not that funny, and the amped-up laugh track track doesn't make it any better.

by Anonymousreply 434April 7, 2019 11:51 PM

you mean live studio audience? ^

by Anonymousreply 435April 7, 2019 11:57 PM

That live studio audience has definitely been sweetened in post production. The jokes, mugging and pratfalls are just so tired…

by Anonymousreply 436April 8, 2019 12:08 AM

I'm loving Matt Bomer. He's very funny.

by Anonymousreply 437April 8, 2019 12:18 AM

I went to a live taping last summer and the audience was gay millenials and young women along with people who had donated thousands to charity for a guaranteed entry ticket. The warm up comic told Golden Girls anecdotes that the audience ate up! He knew his demo! A lot of people had shirts with quotes on them and homemade badges and pins. The crowd was wild and so giddy and excited to be there they would laugh at everything and anything. Now I assume the studio audience is still sweetened. There’s an interview at the Emmy Foundation archives with a guy who did that job in the 70s for all the shows that proudly said “Filmed in Hollywood before a live studio audience”. I’m sure it’s standard.

But make no mistake the audience laughed at everything to the point I wondered if we were useful. Our role traditionally is to let the writers know if the jokes are landing but we were so hyped we were laughing before the punchline.

The show films on the Universal lot now which disappointed me. I was hoping to get into CBS Radford where they filmed the original 8 seasons, it doesn’t offer tours but was the home of most of the classics Seinfeld, Mary Tyler Moore etc... The line to get into the show is outside the soundstage and every 15 minutes the Universal trolley tour would come along and the tourists would snap pictures of us thinking we were actors.

I was a bit cheeky and brought along a MTM script with me hoping Jimmy Burrows the director might sign it. He’s directed all my favorite shows and is a genius and it doesn’t hurt that he plays himself in “The Comeback”. Anyway, I asked the warm up guy and when he repeated my question Jimmy looked up at the bleachers and said “Me?” He seemed surprised and flattered and came over, they passed down the script and signed he signed it. Then he said, though I didn’t ask, “if you want to break into the business just go home and start, write something, get on a set making coffee. Don’t go to film school and don’t procrastinate” At the end of the show as we were applauding the cast a female writer? script supervisor? passed her copy of the script up to me to keep. It was a great day and I’m glad I did it but probably wouldn’t repeat it. It’s a long process and the wait is in the sun.

by Anonymousreply 438April 8, 2019 12:54 AM

It's just not that there is a lot more audience applause sweetening in the reboot's episodes. It's that it comes on and is timed awkwardly not well synched to the action and funny bits going on. It reminds me of the uncomfortable way that seemed to happen in the later Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz, post-I Love Lucy hourlong Connecticut specials. Gives an artificial quality to what you're watching and listening to going on. The audience laughter reaction feedback in their blooper reels sounds natural--if they're going to sweeten the audiences' laugh reactions to scenes, at least time and handle it better.

The quick-change camera angles and shots they're using between characters in single-shot scenes this reboot around, don't help the dialogue and action to seem natural, either. I thought the next-to-last new season episode felt and looked closest to the original series episodes' better character blocking, interaction and direction, though.

by Anonymousreply 439April 8, 2019 1:46 AM

Face it, Grace on the ledge and Grace nearly killing RBG were the only bits all season that actually are true to the Will and Grace legacy.

by Anonymousreply 440April 8, 2019 1:53 AM

More Esteban, please. He is adorable, funny, sexy as fuck and sly. A terrific new character.

by Anonymousreply 441April 8, 2019 2:50 AM

I can't watch it anymore. It's gotten so cartoonish and broad. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 442April 8, 2019 4:14 AM

Other than my 24/7 diet of MSNBC, Will & Grace is the only network show I watch. I love it! Glad it's back. Hope it lasts for years to come.

by Anonymousreply 443April 8, 2019 5:19 AM

Jack's husband is Estefan Gloria, not Esteban.

by Anonymousreply 444April 8, 2019 6:12 AM

Was the intention really to have Will and Grace get together? That's fucked up. Is America so heteronormative that we wish a gay man to marry a woman with all the uncertainty and lies and cheating that would come with it? That would not ve a happy ending imo

by Anonymousreply 445April 8, 2019 6:31 AM

Estefan Gloria?!?! What wit!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 446April 8, 2019 6:38 AM

Will and Grace should not get together. I know that would please the women that watch the show because it would tap into their weird straight woman seducing a hot gay guy fetish, but seriously....no.

by Anonymousreply 447April 8, 2019 6:43 AM

I thought the last couple of episodes were....weird. Grace seems like she's on a different show now. Very serious. The Schwimmer character never worked because he was so damn unpleasant. Too unlikeable for a comedy. I love Jack's husband....he's a hoot. I just wonder what they're going to do with this marriage though...is divorce in the offing? Jack is funnier when he's a slut.

by Anonymousreply 448April 8, 2019 7:23 AM

Just watched the last three episode... the one with Will/McCoy/Grace/Noah in bed together was the best this season. The dialogues/jokes all work to develop the plot instead of just for the laugh tracks. Loved the surprise appearance of officer Drew, who should have been Jack's true love not the annoying Estefan. The bachelor party one was okay but kind of pointless. Its main plot is to make Noah look like a jerk and not much else. The wedding episode was all over the place and in the end a huge let down. Having Karen go through this whole faux lesbian storyline is just stupid if not insulting. It starts off okay but get flushed down the toilet in the finale. Noah being dismissed off screen is also wasting the audience's investment in the character over a whole season. At least let them have a big blowout on screen. But these subplots along with Will/McCoy's out-of-the-blue engagement distracts from the wedding itself. Overall, It has been a very uneven season with more pointless episodes than good ones. They really have room to improve for the final season.

by Anonymousreply 449April 8, 2019 7:25 AM

I miss the Gary Janetti era. The show was subversive and Will was much more tolerable.

This reboot is just dated 90’s Miller-Boyett schtick, right down to Jack’s husband and his idiotic Balky accent.

by Anonymousreply 450April 8, 2019 7:32 AM

Grace just jetted to Milan with a complete stranger. He's cute. What's gonna happen?

by Anonymousreply 451April 8, 2019 7:55 AM

Dismemberment

by Anonymousreply 452April 8, 2019 12:23 PM

Love Jacks husband. Think the totally sold the Schwimmer character out in the last couple episodes. Same problem they had toward the end of the original run. Selling out characters because they’re desperate for plot.

by Anonymousreply 453April 8, 2019 12:39 PM

Estefan is the most annoying character in the history of this show! May a house drop on him. One flamer (Jack) is enough. A flamer couple is overkill.

by Anonymousreply 454April 8, 2019 12:46 PM

They sold Noah out the way they did with Nathan and Leo. Grace is always the martyr who gets wronged by men who aren't good enough for Her Grace.

by Anonymousreply 455April 8, 2019 6:56 PM

[quote] Grace just jetted to Milan with a complete stranger. He's cute. What's gonna happen?

Frasier Crane ended a season with the same bit, flying off to Mexico with some strange chick who quickly dumped him. But next season he returned with Sela Ward. So maybe Grace will return to the US with Antonio Mussolini.

Didn't Grace bond with Schwimmer's daughter ? Poor kid, abandoned again.

by Anonymousreply 456April 8, 2019 7:21 PM

As has been said here before, they shouldn't have retconned the babies out of existence. They would have provided the leads with some actual story.

by Anonymousreply 457April 8, 2019 7:43 PM

The guy Grace flew away with was really cute and charismatic. I hope they come back as a couple and he's a part of the show.

by Anonymousreply 458April 9, 2019 5:29 AM

Karen at the microphone in the airport declaring her lesbianism was a take off from Ellen's old sitcom when Ellen did the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 459April 9, 2019 8:04 AM

R459 She was declaring her straightness... The whole scene didn't work... especially since it was treating the whole lesbian story line as trivial.

by Anonymousreply 460April 9, 2019 8:37 AM

[quote] treating the whole lesbian story line as trivial.

It 𝑤𝑎𝑠 trivial. They handled it much better in the original show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461April 9, 2019 9:03 AM

Nice Ka tits!

by Anonymousreply 462April 9, 2019 2:56 PM

the black actress she was having the affair with was....odd. she seemed so uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 463April 10, 2019 6:06 AM

R463 She was okay when she went one-on-one with Karen, but in the ensemble scenes, she stuck out especially since all the other characters just pretty much ignored her.

by Anonymousreply 464April 10, 2019 6:08 AM

Aisha Tyler was too busy?

by Anonymousreply 465April 10, 2019 6:20 AM

Just caught up with the show. Ugh Karen’s girlfriend was such poor casting. In fairness, they’ve done the lesbian storyline before in a very funny episode so this was always going to be a bit stale but they found an actress who had zero chemistry with Megan.

by Anonymousreply 466April 12, 2019 12:33 AM

It is funnier when the four leads work together.

by Anonymousreply 467April 12, 2019 1:29 AM

I'm going to stick with it until the bitter end since I really liked the original but I'm sort of wondering how long they'll be able to stretch this revival. It just feels very ad hoc without any idea of what to do with secondary characters once they are introduced: Samira Wiley, Matt Bomer, David Schwimmer ... None of them were fleshed out or given a particularly good storyline. It seems that they decided to stick with Esteban but he's little more than an annoying stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 468April 12, 2019 2:03 AM

I predict the series will end next season with Will and Grace marrying in a double ceremony with Karen and Smitty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469April 12, 2019 2:18 AM

////

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470April 12, 2019 2:37 AM

Talk about your curmudgeons, R470.

/eyeroll

by Anonymousreply 471April 12, 2019 2:39 AM

I think having the characters move forward is a positive thing. I would like Will to stay married, and Jack too. How many fifty year old gay men can be sluts? I liked the first season, when Jack and Will struggled with aging.

I don’t think they would marry Will and Grace, but their neuroses are inter related.

by Anonymousreply 472April 12, 2019 2:49 AM

R468 Yeah, the worst part is they invest the most time on the most annoying stereotype, Estefan. I wouldn't have minded seeing more Matt Bomer or even Shwimmer, stereotypes or not. I think the whole lesbian storyline happened because they couldn't book Alec Baldwin for Malcolm and didn't know what the heck to do with Karen.

by Anonymousreply 473April 12, 2019 2:50 AM

[quote] I think the whole lesbian storyline happened because they couldn't book Alec Baldwin for Malcolm

You may be on to something. Around the time the producers were signing the contracts it DID look like Alec was going to jail.

by Anonymousreply 474April 12, 2019 3:55 AM

I stopped watching the original show due to gay minstrelsy and buffoonery but i haven't missed an episode of the reboot, although i don't know why since the show is now running on fumes.

by Anonymousreply 475April 12, 2019 4:00 AM

I like Jack's short, married-cop boyfriend better.

by Anonymousreply 476April 12, 2019 3:33 PM

The last season was very uneven but I will still watch out of habit.

by Anonymousreply 477April 12, 2019 3:35 PM

Will barely dated this season. It was all stupid filler nonsense. HORRIBLE show. End it now.

by Anonymousreply 478April 12, 2019 3:54 PM

so.... true to life? ^

by Anonymousreply 479April 12, 2019 4:32 PM

We can't get in to it. Running on fumes is right.

by Anonymousreply 480April 12, 2019 5:29 PM

R465 Yes, I was so happy to see Officer Drew came down the elevator shaft in "Conscious Coupling"... but the show was too stupid to get rid of Estafan. Why would they saddle an already stereotypical Jack with an even more stereotypical Estafan? I want to slap him every times he calls Jack "Yack"!

by Anonymousreply 481April 12, 2019 7:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!