Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Deadwood

Is it worth watching?

by Anonymousreply 17December 20, 2018 5:57 AM

Yes, it's very, very good. And a movie is in the works for this autumn to wrap things up as it was cancelled prematurely.

by Anonymousreply 1March 16, 2018 4:04 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 2March 16, 2018 4:39 PM

Why did it get cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 3March 16, 2018 4:41 PM

Money.

[quote]Deadwood series creator David Milch has said, “I am deeply disappointed by the way things turned out. (HBO) felt like they had to make a choice, and this is how they chose. I know they tried to work it out, and I tried to work it out with them.” It’s been confirmed that HBO offered to greenlight a small six-episode order of the groundbreaking drama but Milch, who has had bad experiences with so-called “short-order renewals,” rejected the offer. “For my part, I did not want to accept a short order. We couldn’t have done the work the way we wanted. I didn’t want to limp home. My old man used to say, ‘Never go anyplace where you’re only tolerated,'” relates Milch. One source has reported that Milch had already plotted the fourth (presumed final) season episodes.

[quote]So in essence, the reason for Deadwood’s ending seems to be a financial one. Milch is working on a new series for HBO (John from Cincinnati) and, due to that commitment, HBO didn’t believe that he would be able to return to Deadwood for quite awhile, delaying the possible start of a Deadwood season four. Deadwood is an expensive show to shoot and it’s assumed that the cable channel didn’t want to (or couldn’t afford to) pay the actor salaries for months while they waited for production to begin.

Imagine following Deadwood with John from Cincinnati. Ouch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 16, 2018 4:45 PM

It's great. It's the dirtiest show ever -- both literally and figuratively.

by Anonymousreply 5March 16, 2018 4:53 PM

Fucking cock sucker.

by Anonymousreply 6March 16, 2018 4:54 PM

So pissed that Cy is now dead and can't be in the movie. These cocksuckers need to hurry before Al dies too! And OP if you aren't a fan of weasel faced Kristen Bell as I am not, you will love it!

by Anonymousreply 7March 16, 2018 6:02 PM

Nick Offerman shows his cock in the series, but he wasn't looking very hot in that scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 17, 2018 7:10 PM

I can't watch it because the title reminds me too much of my dick.

by Anonymousreply 9March 17, 2018 8:08 PM

Olyphant should have flashed his big meat.

by Anonymousreply 10March 17, 2018 10:18 PM

r4 Milch is a fucking psycho, even by TV industry standards. He wanted the money because he's always in debt and constantly addicted to something, be it heroin, alcohol, gambling, etc. He's crazy to work for, and not worth it in the long run. If you keep a close watch on him, and a short leash, he can do great work for limited periods.

TPTB would probably only give him a short term commitment because he was already going off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 11March 17, 2018 10:35 PM

[bold]Deadwood movie update: 'No way it will happen,' Timothy Olyphant says[/bold]

Ruined my week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 30, 2018 11:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 30, 2018 11:33 PM

Deadwood movie exclusive first photos revealed

Swearengen and Bullock are back. Bullock is older and grayer and has grown a big mustache.

[quote]The rest of the core cast is back on board as well, including Molly Parker (Alma Ellsworth), Paula Malcomson (Trixie), John Hawkes (Sol Star), Anna Gunn (Martha Bullock), Dayton Callie (Charlie Utter), Brad Dourif (Doc Cochran), Robin Weigert (“Calamity” Jane Canary), William Sanderson (E.B. Farnum), Kim Dickens (Joanie Stubbs) and Gerald McRaney (George Hearst). There’s also a new castmember played by Jade Pettyjohn (Destroyer). The script is by series creator David Milch.

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 20, 2018 5:48 AM

Cocksucker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 20, 2018 5:51 AM

It's good but dreary and depressing as hell about 90% of the time. And, "cocksucker" was used so often it became laughable and took away from the show. If you ever run into anyone who has watched Deadwood, "cocksucker" will be somewhere within the first five words they say about the show.

I hope Calamity Jane and Joanie are together if they make the movie.

by Anonymousreply 16December 20, 2018 5:56 AM

It’s excellent. Seasons 1 and 2 were the best.

R15 - Agree about Joanie and Jane.

by Anonymousreply 17December 20, 2018 5:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!