Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WEHT Tom Hiddleston?

Did he die?

by Anonymousreply 428November 15, 2018 11:18 PM

He's fine. He sends his love!

I think he slunk away in shame.

by Anonymousreply 1March 14, 2018 11:13 PM

He did kind of die, he was last seen dating Taylor Swift after all.

by Anonymousreply 2March 14, 2018 11:23 PM

TS didn’t even write a song for him.

by Anonymousreply 3March 14, 2018 11:37 PM

He saw TayTay's vajayjay and got scared.

by Anonymousreply 4March 14, 2018 11:41 PM

OP, I believe he married Ms Taylor Swift. They have a couple of kids now, and lead a quiet life in their cottage in Yorkshire.

by Anonymousreply 5March 14, 2018 11:50 PM

He's peacefully walking his dog in London. DL hates Tom Hiddleston & the Skarsgards Clan. Just so you know. Go to Lipstick Alley if you want some Tom news. They talk endlessly about any slight thing he does. Even if it's absolutely nothing.

by Anonymousreply 6March 17, 2018 4:03 AM

He doesn't even have any new projects lined up. Well at least he has his wife and children (oh wait....he's a confirmed bachelor isn't he.)

by Anonymousreply 7March 17, 2018 4:05 AM

taylor was the kiss of death. to feel the need to cuddle with that dyke so he appear str8, NOT WORKING

BYE BYE

by Anonymousreply 8March 17, 2018 4:30 AM

Too gimmicky and desperate.

by Anonymousreply 9March 17, 2018 4:35 AM

poor tom

had such potential till t swifty

by Anonymousreply 10March 17, 2018 10:25 AM

So is he gay/bi/straight?

by Anonymousreply 11March 17, 2018 11:03 AM

Well he had the painful surgery to extract his balls, which had treated far up his vestigial pussy canal, and it takes a year or so to recuperate,

by Anonymousreply 12March 17, 2018 11:29 AM

Since when do we hate the Skarsgards? I like Bill, he's beautiful. And I don't get the impression we hate Hiddleston either - more like we think he tries too hard, which he does, let's be real.

by Anonymousreply 13March 17, 2018 12:40 PM

Debicki blurted out that The Night Manager might get a new season so that should occupy Tom for a while.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 17, 2018 1:18 PM

Is he good in the Night Manager or not? I might give it a try.

by Anonymousreply 15March 18, 2018 12:33 PM

I dont think he was good. It was a weak show

by Anonymousreply 16March 18, 2018 12:40 PM

Ok, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 17March 18, 2018 12:49 PM

he has fallen so far

no one even care what he fuks no more...

by Anonymousreply 18March 18, 2018 1:00 PM

Agreed R16 there should be a thread on overrated shows last year:

The Crown💩 The Night Manager💩 Big Little Lies💩

by Anonymousreply 19March 19, 2018 2:26 AM

how does big little lies win so many awards????

blow jobs?

by Anonymousreply 20March 19, 2018 3:00 AM

Nicole did a good PR campaign linking the film to battered women.

by Anonymousreply 21March 19, 2018 3:49 AM

I do think he slunk away in shame. I kind of feel bad for him, because 95% of actors have no shame and will do whatever they want, look at Affleck with that back tattoo, surely Tom can find some pride in never getting fat/bloated or an ugly tattoo.

by Anonymousreply 22March 19, 2018 3:57 AM

He was just in the latest King Kong movie with that bitch Brie Larson.

by Anonymousreply 23March 19, 2018 3:58 AM

ruined after the taylor swift debacle...

and that g globe acceptance speech.

by Anonymousreply 24March 19, 2018 6:31 AM

That Golden Globe speech actually altered my belief that he and TayTay were just PR. They're made perfectly for each other.

by Anonymousreply 25March 20, 2018 10:22 AM

Well, isn’t Taylor known for only PR relationships? And she’s always bearding for gay actors...

by Anonymousreply 26March 20, 2018 10:44 AM

People realized that he is basically the UK version of smoke and mirrors in terms of talent and sex appeal. He sucks!

Hopefully Eddie Redmayne is next. So sick of the British invasion of Hollywood!

by Anonymousreply 27March 20, 2018 3:42 PM

He just seems so sexless to me I can't imagine him having sex with anyone, either man or woman. Probably jerks off looking in the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 28March 20, 2018 3:58 PM

I thought the Night Manager was very good.

by Anonymousreply 29March 20, 2018 4:35 PM

r29 Yeah, both critics and the audiences in general were split on it so there's definitely no consensus on its quality.

by Anonymousreply 30March 20, 2018 4:37 PM

That's a great point r25.

by Anonymousreply 31March 20, 2018 4:40 PM

Can someone explain the GG speech in a nutshell?

by Anonymousreply 32March 20, 2018 4:56 PM

He humblebragged that Doctors Without Borders which he pronounced in French with French Inflection as "Meh-CEENZ SAW-FAW-TAY" told him how much they loved The Night Manager when he did some charity work in the Sudan.

by Anonymousreply 33March 20, 2018 5:02 PM

Tom is searching for his next beard.

by Anonymousreply 34March 20, 2018 5:03 PM

r33, you missed some syllables in your French interpretation.

by Anonymousreply 35March 20, 2018 5:16 PM

Unpopular opinion: while I think the bragging about how they all loved The Night Manager was silly, I don't see what was wrong with him giving the French name for Doctors Without Borders. I mean that is their official title.

I don't know, Hiddleston seems silly but harmless to me. If anything he's just awkward and as someone who has made an ass out of themselves A LOT I can sympathise with his desire to lay low.

(I know I sound very LEAVE TOM ALOOONE)

by Anonymousreply 36March 20, 2018 5:17 PM

He's fine. Walking he's dog in London and doing photo op to show the whole world how much he does not give a fuck and how above everything he is. But don't be a fool, just give that famefeaux Oscar nomination and he'll be jumping round the globe with Kendall Jenner doing the same shit all over again.

by Anonymousreply 37March 20, 2018 8:33 PM

I feel sorry for him. He looks depressed and unkempt lately.. R3, some of his fans thinks Taylor wrote "Getaway Car' about him.

[quote] One of the most devastating songs on Taylor Swift's new album, Reputation, is "Getaway Car." Not sonically, of course—it's a total bop—but lyrically: It centers on a woman, presumably Swift, using a new, great guy to essentially get away from her ex-boyfriend. The whirlwind relationship is personified with a "getaway car"; the first few weeks with this guy are blissful and fun, but they eventually run out of gas—and, in hindsight, she views the relationship as a bit impulsive. In other words, this dude's a rebound, which isn't the best feeling.

Taylor is a bitch. Anyone notice how she's gained weight, doesn't dress like a model anymore and wears baggy clothes?

by Anonymousreply 38March 20, 2018 8:45 PM

I was probably one of the few people who saw him in the Hank Williams biopic (blanking on the title right now), but he was excellent. Not his fault the script was subpar.

by Anonymousreply 39March 20, 2018 8:54 PM

You mean the guy who co-starred in a movie that made over 800 million dollars at the box office? And who's about to co-star in the most expensive movie ever made, which is essentially guaranteed to be one of the top grossing films of all time?

Never heard of him. lol

by Anonymousreply 40March 20, 2018 8:59 PM

"who JUST co-starred"

by Anonymousreply 41March 20, 2018 9:00 PM

“Co-starred” Along with 18 other players, all of whom will get all of five minutes of screentime.

by Anonymousreply 42March 20, 2018 9:02 PM

Oh did he have five minutes of screen time in Thor Ragnarok, Little Miss Try-Hard?

No, he did not!

by Anonymousreply 43March 20, 2018 9:11 PM

^Sad^ Talking about A:IW r43. But please, keep thinking it’s still 2012 and that people give a shit about this dude.

by Anonymousreply 44March 20, 2018 9:48 PM

I first saw him in Wallander. He played the detectives assistant. I thought he was average looking and playing a supporting role was a good fit.

I later saw the Night Manager. I'm a LeCarre fan. I was dispointed. It seemed they turned LeCarres protagonist into a Bond lite hero.

People like who they like, so no disrespect, but he seems like an average guy. Nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 45March 20, 2018 10:05 PM

I thought he was.a delectable twink but grown up he's a bit icky. Except as that evil superhero - he's kind of sexy there.

by Anonymousreply 46March 21, 2018 7:19 AM

How long before he will come out in a desperate attempt to save what is left of his carreer?

by Anonymousreply 47March 21, 2018 7:27 AM

Yikes. He's certainly aged like an old cheese.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 21, 2018 8:05 AM

His dog is cute.

The only positive thing I'll ever say about him.

by Anonymousreply 49March 21, 2018 8:08 AM

He dated Taylor Swift and that pretty much killed his career. During that shit show I thought both were trolling us since it was so over the top and phony.

by Anonymousreply 50March 21, 2018 10:51 AM

[quote]^Sad^ Talking about A:IW [R43]. But please, keep thinking it’s still 2012 and that people give a shit about this dude.

Someone is obviously obsessed. And it ain’t me!

by Anonymousreply 51March 21, 2018 1:13 PM

He has that whole I'm famous so I'll brag about my charity work thing going on. Sort of like Madonna, Ian Sommerhalder, and others. It is like Angelina Jolie started some trend they all want to follow.

(I know 3 housewives/fraus married to rich men who do this. Oddly with all their charity work they are still three of the biggest bitches and nastiest people I've ever met. I thought of think they may know that deep inside and are trying to overcompensate with charitable work.)

by Anonymousreply 52March 22, 2018 12:34 AM

R52, it’s the grossest virtue-signaling. I know these cunts. They have to justify their lives. They tend to be Type A personalities and need an outlet for their ambitions and controlling tendencies. They think they are doing Something Important.

Whatever. As long as they stay away from “improving” their kids’ schools, let them do their thang.

by Anonymousreply 53March 22, 2018 1:01 AM

[quote]They tend to be Type A personalities and need an outlet for their ambitions and controlling tendencies. They think they are doing Something Important.

So true r53. You worded it perfectly. Yes the three women I know all have Type A types. If you cast them in a movie Reese Witherspoon would have to play all three. All are controlling and one has a huge education and many degrees yet she only worked for like 3 years before entering frauhood and house wifery.

by Anonymousreply 54March 22, 2018 1:09 AM

R6 = Stinks of rotting fish.

by Anonymousreply 55March 22, 2018 1:12 AM

R6, why would LSA care about Tom Hiddlesbore? Is he dating a black chick?

by Anonymousreply 56March 22, 2018 1:50 AM

R56 there was once a BI from LA about how Tom had a one night stand with a black model (who had a boyfriend). The BI never struck me as truthful because it stated that Tom, although passionate and skilled in bed, had a small dick.

Now I don't even consider the guy attractive, but the bulge in his pants has been the subject of countless Tumblr pages and even earned its own nickname, ffs (Hiddlesconda). Unless it's all smoke and mirrors and he shoves rolled socks down his pants, but that's a whole different story.

by Anonymousreply 57March 22, 2018 2:41 AM

Agree r27. And they can take weirdface Bumbersnoot Cummerbund with them. I do not understand their appeal.

by Anonymousreply 58March 22, 2018 2:47 AM

R6 is an obsessed tumblr frau. I think one of the main reasons why he has been absent lately, even with social media is to indicate he is over it. He catered to fans at the beginning of his career; was basically a dancing bear. This in turn encouraged his unhinged fans, many of them middle aged women behaving like pre-teens. I think he does not want to be associated with them anymore and this is his way of shedding them. He no longer wants to be accessible and I say that is a good decision.

by Anonymousreply 59March 22, 2018 4:16 AM

Shut-up R59. Just because I have stated facts does not make me a frau.

by Anonymousreply 60March 22, 2018 3:36 PM

He died from a broken heart from the breakup with Taylor Swift.

They buried him wearing his I heart Taylor Swift t-shirt.

by Anonymousreply 61March 22, 2018 4:09 PM

That is the question R11. There are Reddit forums with industry insiders commenting that Tom is a known homosexual; Even to the extent of knowing men he bedded. People on Datalounge who have been to RADA with Tom say he is straight. Who knows? Either could be true or false.

by Anonymousreply 62March 22, 2018 5:52 PM

R62 I'm guessing bi.

by Anonymousreply 63March 22, 2018 5:55 PM

My first impression of him was bisexual R63. But that is like saying gay in todays world. Especially with the screaming young fangirls.

by Anonymousreply 64March 22, 2018 6:29 PM

The mandatory form on the DL is WHET. I shall not share my insider info on Tom unless this is corrected.

by Anonymousreply 65March 22, 2018 6:42 PM

R60's pussy stinks

by Anonymousreply 66March 23, 2018 4:05 AM

Would any self-respecting gay man wear the same damn clothes all of the time? I swear he was worn the same jeans, coat and shoes for the past two years

by Anonymousreply 67March 23, 2018 4:08 AM

[quote] People on Datalounge who have been to RADA with Tom say he is straight.

Hey that was me r62. I didn't say he was straight. I said he dated some women. There is a difference. I don't know what his sexuality was. I wasn't in any classes with him. (we were in different years.) He was very nice though but a bit guarded already. You have to remember Tom was an older RADA student. (He already had an undergraduate degree) not an 18 year old.

PLUS he already had been "discovered" by one of London's top agents prior to attending RADA. (I always thought that was to his credit since he probably could have just started working but he seemed to want to be a "serious" actor. ) Already having the agent was probably a big load off his mind and he could focus more on training while others worried if they'd ever work. BUT he was already preparing to be famous and while others wondered if they'd ever even get a job he was already preparing to be famous which he became very quickly. If he is gay I could see him wanting it to cover it up.

by Anonymousreply 68March 23, 2018 4:28 AM

He is crying into the t shirt TS made him wear while he was doing the merkin shuffle.

by Anonymousreply 69March 23, 2018 6:23 AM

What humiliation taytay made him go through, she's a very cruel lesbian. And he deserved all of it.

by Anonymousreply 70March 23, 2018 11:20 AM

R67 I would say more like 5 or 6 years. And what's with all this holes? I have a 9 years old coat and 23 years old sweater and they are doing just fine, no holes no nothing. I wonder how inside of his house look like if he care so much about his own clothing. Some how I can't see him doing laundry or vacuuming or mopping the floor.

by Anonymousreply 71March 23, 2018 5:39 PM

"Somehow I can't see him doing laundry or vacuuming or mopping the floor."

Hardly. His mother is an heir to a great fortune. Her mother was a Vestey, the family who founded the Blue Star shipping line.

by Anonymousreply 72March 24, 2018 5:57 PM

[72] His mother isn't a Vesty heir. Wrong side of the tree. But she could hold her own round these parts I've heard.

by Anonymousreply 73March 26, 2018 10:16 PM

R73, you have to place "R" in front of the post number for that to work. "Vestry" also gets an "r." Remember the R! Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 74March 26, 2018 11:04 PM

r73, it's Vestrey. And regardless of which side of the tree, the descendants of that family are loaded. Diana Servaes included.

by Anonymousreply 75March 28, 2018 6:22 PM

Sorry. I meant Vestey, as in my original post.

by Anonymousreply 76March 28, 2018 6:24 PM

Died in the Closet

by Anonymousreply 77March 28, 2018 7:10 PM

I went to twitter to see what news there was and there was no news. He's twitter dead which means he really is dead.

by Anonymousreply 78March 28, 2018 8:04 PM

[quote]there was once a BI from LA about how Tom had a one night stand with a black model (who had a boyfriend). The BI never struck me as truthful because it stated that Tom, although passionate and skilled in bed, had a small dick.

I heard that BI was actually about Cumberbatch, who is reputedly "fun size".

Hiddles probably wears the same outfit all the time because he's they type of Brit who only owns a few changes of clothes. My English roommate and Welsh friend are the same way. They consider having several outfits to be wasteful and non-essential.

by Anonymousreply 79March 29, 2018 1:09 AM

He is probably helping little brown babies in Africa in order to use it again in a Golden Globe speech. (you know he's not just an actor, he's a humanitarian.)

by Anonymousreply 80March 29, 2018 1:19 AM

R80 and he's also, believe it or not, a human.

by Anonymousreply 81March 31, 2018 6:12 PM

r81 = Tom

by Anonymousreply 82March 31, 2018 6:15 PM

r45, That's because it was TH's audition to be the next Bond.

by Anonymousreply 83March 31, 2018 6:20 PM

Would sit on him tomorrow

by Anonymousreply 84March 31, 2018 6:25 PM

I've liked Tom Hiddleston well enough in the things I've seen him in, but he's a bit "femmey" to play Bond.

by Anonymousreply 85March 31, 2018 6:54 PM

R82 It's easy enough to test. Watch for the response to the statement: Tom Hiddleston is GAY and loves dick.

by Anonymousreply 86March 31, 2018 8:36 PM

People from the london theater scene were posting here and claimed that it is "known" that Hiddleston is gay and deeply ashamed of it. and that it is also "known" that Kenneth Branagh was "mentoring" him. That was around 2012.

by Anonymousreply 87March 31, 2018 10:24 PM

I fear he may not recover from the lame attempt to hide his queerness with that fap taylor swift.

show some cock and we luv u still bb.

by Anonymousreply 88March 31, 2018 10:32 PM

R87 that was the work of a crazy stan named Shaitana. He pings highly so I think he is gay, but her stories are just that: stories.

by Anonymousreply 89April 1, 2018 2:09 PM

Shaitana's bullshit:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90April 1, 2018 2:11 PM

He doesn't like to hear too much about what other people think, because it really is all about him and he really, really hates the gay rumours about him.

by Anonymousreply 91April 7, 2018 6:28 PM

He'll be doing promo for the new Avengers movie in South Korea with Cumberbatch and Tom Holland. Then something in China with RDJ, Hemsworth, and Ruffalo. That's already more than he did for Ragnarok press, during which I thought he appeared really miserable and barely able to fake enthusiasm.

by Anonymousreply 92April 7, 2018 11:49 PM

Well of course he is gay and he is also married to his publicist Luke. That's why he took him on this Unicef trip to Africa, it was their hooney moon. But for real I do think that this cute princess is gay from the first interrview I ever saw him in. He does give me very srong Ricky Martin Colton Haynes vibe.

by Anonymousreply 93April 8, 2018 2:10 PM

Are there any people left who after Hiddleswift happend still think that Tom is straight?

by Anonymousreply 94April 8, 2018 2:58 PM

Well, I think he could be bisexual...isn't that a sexual orientation too? There are many bisexual men in HW or straight actors who had their experiment phase, but then turned to girls mostly.

by Anonymousreply 95April 8, 2018 3:15 PM

*experimental

by Anonymousreply 96April 8, 2018 3:16 PM

Taking up with T Swift was just such a huge PR mistake. It shows he has bad instincts. Plus his hairline is receding at his temples.

by Anonymousreply 97April 8, 2018 3:50 PM

Anyone remember his Golden Globe acceptance speech for that televised spy thriller he did? It was the most off putting, pretentious, and tone deaf speech of the night. Instead of saying, "Doctors Without Borders" he said, "Médecins Sans Frontières," which, while accurate, was more distracting than anything.

Didn't he also try winning an Oscar by playing Hank Williams in a biopic that no one liked?

All of this, along with that Swift fling, makes him seem like a try hard. Like a male Anne Hathaway.

This doesn't mean that he's not talented. I actually really love him as Loki, but I have no idea whether audiences are interested in seeing him do anything else.

by Anonymousreply 98April 8, 2018 5:05 PM

R95 I think he's gay man who experimented with women just to make his acting skills better and to know how to act around them in a more "intimate" way. Also I know gay men who had sex with women but would never ever consider themselves as bi.

by Anonymousreply 99April 8, 2018 7:20 PM

So is he with Luke, Ken or somebody else?

by Anonymousreply 100April 8, 2018 7:31 PM

Up until last year he was "seeing" two women. One a student and the other involved in the business, maybe a PR girl or something like that. The student was short and cubby and looked like a poor student. Ugly jumpers was the verdict. The PR girl was thinner and had better taste in clothes. Both were young. They would come and go from his place a few times a month and he was out in the neighbourhood with them. The student disappeared at the start of 2017. The other one lasted until the summer or autumn but showed up again at Christmas a few times. He's out with men as well but they mostly go to the boozer next to his place and not into his place. He's got an NDA with most businesses which is why he doesn't hide near his home. The managers aren't sure why because he's not famous compared with the others in the neighbourhood who don't have an NDA. [Source People who sign an NDA still talk]

by Anonymousreply 101April 8, 2018 10:21 PM

HE SLID INTO TAYLOR SWIFT DUST BIN OF FORGOTTEN QUEENS....

by Anonymousreply 102April 8, 2018 10:32 PM

Thank's for sharing R101.

by Anonymousreply 103April 8, 2018 11:49 PM

He looked miserable and pissed off for the most part at today's Infinity War press event. Showed up late, after everyone else, and was on the press line for all of five minutes. His castmates were far more generous and at least pretended like they wanted to be there. I wonder if he's had a falling out with Marvel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104April 9, 2018 12:05 AM

Love Stellan S!

by Anonymousreply 105April 9, 2018 12:29 AM

He’s in infinity war. Because these franchises just wont fucking stop.

by Anonymousreply 106April 9, 2018 7:10 PM

R100 Somebody else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107April 15, 2018 2:25 PM

He wasn't seeing two women, the PhD girl was someone who lived in the same area that Shaitana the looney found and, because she has an obsession with the idea he likes chubby brunettes, she made up a bullshit story about then being a couple. The other woman - Jane Arthy - is a long time friend of his.

by Anonymousreply 108April 15, 2018 2:32 PM

Poor Tom, I want him to a find a good role and get away from Marvel.

by Anonymousreply 109April 15, 2018 2:48 PM

So many talented actors are being wasted in these endless, shit Marvel movies. I'm sure some of them hate it too.

by Anonymousreply 110April 15, 2018 4:30 PM

Marvel is all he's got atm. Think he's become serious role kryptonite after his beard-fest with Swift.

by Anonymousreply 111April 15, 2018 5:44 PM

He’s had several R109. He got a GG for that overrated spy series. He never has yet received any Oscar nominations but who knows what the future holds.

by Anonymousreply 112April 18, 2018 2:29 PM

He’s fine. He sends his love!

by Anonymousreply 113April 18, 2018 3:24 PM

Has anyone ever seen that classic footage of a fangirl embarrassing him at Berlinale? Comedy gold.

by Anonymousreply 114April 18, 2018 11:50 PM

Did anyone like him in Crimson Peak? I thought he was good..

by Anonymousreply 115April 19, 2018 8:12 AM

R114 link please or the title of the video. Btw I saw some pics from Shanghai casual walk and why Luke is wearing Tom watch?

by Anonymousreply 116April 19, 2018 12:01 PM

I worked with him on a project in London a while back, and I know his mum a little bit via working with Aldeburgh Festival. Incidentally for any longtime DLers, I’m the poster who worked at the Old Vic, I used to post about Spacey quite often circa probably 2009-2010.

He’s very very nice. Genuinely nice. Had a rep for being excessively ambitious and desperate for fame and to make it in Hollywood, even by normal industry/actor standards. Though I get the impression the kicking he took over Swift and the GG speech and his subsequent retreat into hermitdon may have changed that. The one time I went to his house it was very clean and tidy (pre puppy) but I noticed he doesn’t own a loo roll holder and has lots of books piled right next to the loo.

I’ve never heard any gay/bi rumours. Not to say that he’s not, I don’t really know anything about his private life, but I tend to think people claiming him being gay is an open secret within the theatre industry have never been within a thousand miles of London. There used to be rumours about him having a lot of hookups with random women but he kind of had a rep for being a loner. Very friendly (and sort of bipolar in the sense that sometimes he was totally hyper and excitable and acting like everyone was his best friend, but at other times really anxious and introverted), but whenever I or friends have bumped into him at the theatre or a restaurant he’s always alone.

No one believes the Swift thing was real.

I have to say I doubt the Branagh rumours. My mum used to drink with Branagh and HBC during the time of their affair (I’ve posted about this before) and by weird coincidence Emma ended up mentoring me a few years ago, and both the marriage and the affair that ended it were real. That’s not to say Branagh couldn’t be bi, I guess, but nothing I know about him indicates he’s the kind of person to use the casting couch to find a blond boytoy.

I don’t know Luke and I really don’t rate him as a publicist (get the sense he’s more of a babysitter) but fwiw he has a long term partner.

by Anonymousreply 117April 19, 2018 12:11 PM

R116 See below. She comes in about 7 minutes in. So cringey.

R117 I feel as though people assume just because they have only heard about a few gfs that means he can't have had a boyfriend - not aimed at you btw, just a general observation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118April 19, 2018 2:23 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 119April 19, 2018 6:43 PM

R117 Thank you for sharing!

by Anonymousreply 120April 19, 2018 6:48 PM

R117 There was no pile of books in the lav when I visited at the start of 2016. There was a pile of DVDs and book in one of the spare bedrooms. I'll confirm everything you've said about his sexuality. I've known him to have 3 woman on the go but no mention of guys. Again he could be hiding that part of his life but I've never heard rumour one about him being gay or even bi. How well do you know his mother?

by Anonymousreply 121April 19, 2018 10:28 PM

Heterosexual actor Tom Hiddleston has three women on the and no gay rumours, sure Jan.

by Anonymousreply 122April 20, 2018 10:12 PM

Wait, he doesn’t use toilet paper??

by Anonymousreply 123April 20, 2018 10:54 PM

R122 No gay rumours round his actual neighbourhood and no mention of boyfriends/male partners. Internet rumours sure, plenty. In 2015-2016 before his adventures in bearding there were 3 women who were with him round the neighbourhood. 2 spent several days over at his house.

by Anonymousreply 124April 21, 2018 12:39 AM

Ha! He has loo roll, just not in a holder.

I really don’t know anything about his private life but if he’s gay/bi he’s keeping it very secret, because there have never been gay rumours about him in London or within the theatre community. I don’t think you absolutely have to be gay to agree to a fake relationship with a lesbian, just extremely ruthless and ambitious for fame, which does fit the gossip.

by Anonymousreply 125April 21, 2018 11:05 AM

Of course he's gay, he dated Taylor Swift.

by Anonymousreply 126April 21, 2018 1:31 PM

I like him in this ad for Jaguar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127April 21, 2018 7:03 PM

He "dated" Taylor Swift because he was desperate to get his name out there. Rumors were swirling that he wanted to be the next Bond but no one knew who he was outside of the Loki character he portrays.

by Anonymousreply 128April 21, 2018 9:01 PM

He's not good looking enough to play Bond.

by Anonymousreply 129April 21, 2018 9:05 PM

What were you doing at his home R117? And was it nice?

by Anonymousreply 130April 21, 2018 9:10 PM

The loo roll makes me second guess my gaydar. Unless he’s a top which I’m hoping. No gay man with self respect uses regular toilet paper. I use wet wipes.

by Anonymousreply 131April 21, 2018 9:14 PM

He could be versatile. Most guys his age are.

by Anonymousreply 132April 21, 2018 9:21 PM

That’s hilarious R118.

by Anonymousreply 133April 22, 2018 11:54 AM

The weird thing about Tom is that in the very beginning of his carreer he seemed more butch and his relationships with women seemed more natural and legit. All the women he was officially "dating" after his break up with Susannah Fielding were either co-stars that denied dating him or obivious showmances like Taylor Swift. Even before Hiddleswift happend people were questioning his sexuality and the rumours about his "special" relationship with Kenneth Branagh, the open fly/ semen or not semen on shoe-incident, him bringing John McMillian as his date to the iron man 3 premiere ( a movie he wasn't even starring in), him saying in an old interview that he is maybe heterosexual, him saying in an interview that he doesn't know if he's in a relationship, the name of his very first girlfriend who's privacy was always soo important to him leaking shortly after Hiddleswift happend and everyone and their mother thought that he is gay didn't help to convince people of his heterosexuality. Of course he could be straight or bi, but his shameless famewhore behaviour makes people enjoy his downfall even more.

by Anonymousreply 134April 22, 2018 12:12 PM

He’s doing this year’s celebrity Hamlet in London. At RADA. The last production I saw there was shit, so hopefully he will bring the students up to speed.

by Anonymousreply 135April 22, 2018 2:42 PM

Tom's real problem is that he's a little too smart to be an actor. You can see it in interviews: He thinks, acts, and reacts like an academic. He would have been happier, possibly, as a professor. Since it's too late for that, he should go the writer/director route. His tendency to overthink everything, his introvert tendencies, and his general awkwardness wouldn't be such big handicaps in writing and directing. He might get the praise he so desperately craves if he moves behind the camera.

by Anonymousreply 136April 22, 2018 4:08 PM

R136, you are giving him WAY too much credit. He was asked a simple math problem, but stumbled all over the place. I don't think it is because he is some great academic, but him thinking what is it people want to hear or what will impress them. He is very, overly concerned about what other people think about him. Part of why he is in such a career stall.

by Anonymousreply 137April 22, 2018 4:31 PM

Agree w r137.

He’s not intelligent at all.

by Anonymousreply 138April 22, 2018 4:53 PM

I think that he's more book smart than street smart.

He came from an academic family. His father is a retired chemist who was "the managing director of a biotech firm in Oxford."

His father was initially apprehensive of his acting career as he "regarded acting as an unnecessary gamble for one so bright and well educated."

I think that the photo below is of Tom with his father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139April 22, 2018 5:29 PM

[quote]No gay man with self respect uses regular toilet paper. I use wet wipes.

Creep.

by Anonymousreply 140April 22, 2018 5:42 PM

He's been educated. He knows how to think, speak well, and write well. His emails and even texts read like essays. But if you ask him a question he doesn't have a preprepared answer for or press him in a debate he can get tongue tied. Interesting that he prefers to email or text rather than call even though he's not in that generation tied to their phones. Friends and I think it's because he can edit the written stuff to sound better.

by Anonymousreply 141April 22, 2018 6:15 PM

I know quite a few academics who are like that. They're beautiful writers, and they can be good speakers if they are prepared. Catch them off-guard, when they are in their heads a bit, and they give you the 404 Not Found face. Most of them are also socially awkward introverts. Tom has always, always reminded me of that personality type. The fact that he can't do a math problem isn't surprising, considering he may have been nervous at being caught out, and he's not a math guy. But he is a reading/writing/(prepared) speaking guy. He should have been a literature professor at Oxbridge.

However, if he concentrates on the right projects, he could probably be a successful stage or screen director. I don't think he'll ever get to the top as an actor, and he's still young enough to course correct. His buddy Branagh could give him good advice about transitioning from acting to directing.

by Anonymousreply 142April 22, 2018 6:41 PM

Sorry--I'm R136, not 137.

by Anonymousreply 143April 22, 2018 6:42 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144April 22, 2018 7:02 PM

R142, it is not about being a "math guy". It was some simple equation. I don't think he is stupid, but reciting Shakespeare verbatim just means you have a good memory. The reason all the Taylor Swift and GG thing is still following him is because he takes himself too seriously. A few self-deprecating jokes would have definately turned the tide, but he is too "little bitch" to do that. People LOVE it when celebs make fun of their own image and fobiles. You have to take yourself seriously, but not too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 145April 22, 2018 7:27 PM

Based on the past few responses, I diagnose Tom as being...Asian!

by Anonymousreply 146April 22, 2018 7:43 PM

Tom and Ken Brannagh - that’s hot!

by Anonymousreply 147April 22, 2018 9:10 PM

Is it R147?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 23, 2018 12:49 AM

The math problem you people talking about. It's not the first time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149April 23, 2018 10:04 AM

Lol r149. That’s the time you wish you were getting the “Are you gay questions?” Instead.

by Anonymousreply 150April 23, 2018 10:37 AM

Thanks R148 for killing it with those awful pictures of both of them. You’re a real dick wilter.

by Anonymousreply 151April 23, 2018 12:01 PM

Who do we think is the top in this scenario? R148

by Anonymousreply 152April 23, 2018 12:35 PM

I don’t know R152. I’d personally like to think Tom is a “top”. However Jacobi was mentor to Branagh and Branagh mentored Tom. I’d say they’re versatile.

by Anonymousreply 153April 23, 2018 7:10 PM

He looks sickly these days. I hope there is nothing wrong with him.

by Anonymousreply 154April 24, 2018 1:45 PM

R117 Who has a long term partner?

by Anonymousreply 155April 24, 2018 2:06 PM

Tom’s publicist Luke has a long term partner.

by Anonymousreply 156April 25, 2018 2:35 AM

I like his beard.

by Anonymousreply 157April 25, 2018 2:24 PM

Sure that the "partner" isn't Tom? R156

by Anonymousreply 158April 25, 2018 2:37 PM

So are there any gay stories about him or not?

by Anonymousreply 159April 25, 2018 8:12 PM

There is the old story about him and Gwendoline Christie and their "kinky" myspace chats, where they refered to each other as mother and son and she asked him if he has seen Ewan McGregor's dick yet, oh and the infamous banana story I link below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160April 25, 2018 8:26 PM

R160 He got it on with Ewan McGregor?

by Anonymousreply 161April 25, 2018 9:23 PM

On Reddit R159.

by Anonymousreply 162April 25, 2018 11:47 PM

Link please R162

by Anonymousreply 163April 25, 2018 11:56 PM

The fangirls on ONTD seem to think he’s straight and hooks up with fans and barely legal girls because sources say so. They say the same exact thing about Jeremy Renner too. It’s weird because I see that no where.

by Anonymousreply 164April 26, 2018 2:59 AM

Luke’s partner isn’t in the industry, I don’t think.

I realise saying “DL thinks everyone is gay” is beyond parody at this point, but there simply have never been any gay rumours about him except on a few gossip forums like this. In the real world (ie London gossip circle, theatre circle) there’s always been gossip that he’s very ambitious to be famous, nice to everyone else but a terrible boyfriend who cheats (on his girlfriends and with partnered women). I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he’s either experimented (most actors do) or used the casting couch. But if he’s actually gay/bi he’s certainly keeping it very well hidden.

by Anonymousreply 165April 26, 2018 8:20 AM

I saw a bootleg clip of his scene from Infinity War. Quite the horse and pony PR show for a relatively minor appearance.

by Anonymousreply 166April 26, 2018 8:22 AM

He's a famewhore and for sure a whore in real life too. I mean this guy who is 37 had like 2 official girlfriends. One was Susanah and the other one was Taylor, but who believe that wasn't fake? So no actual real relathionships with women. What does it say about him? Not to mention all of this stupid gossips that he had two or three women on the go. Like hookers or escorts? Because that's what I understand by woman on the go. The more those kind of stupid rumors I read about him the more pathetic and gay he look. Also when he is interwieved by a handsome man he lights up immediatly. When by female he try to play it cool and be smug but you can clearly tell that this is just him acting. Also the way Luke is around him. The little smiles they give each other and unnecessary touching and so on. Body language is completly different. In short words: when he is around females he acts like he's atracted to them, when he's around males he just is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167April 26, 2018 9:03 AM

R3 Taylor Swift will be writing a song for the Waffle House Killer who claimed that she was stalking him.

by Anonymousreply 168April 26, 2018 9:06 AM

R166 Infinity War is a bloated mess of a film with like 30 characters, most of which get 20 minutes tops. Everything about it is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 169April 26, 2018 1:17 PM

Susanna Fielding R167?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170April 26, 2018 7:18 PM

R167 You have a very incorrect understanding of "on the go". All I know is that 3 women from 2015-2016 visited him a handful of times and two stayed over at his house for multiple days/evenings. They were also out with him at restaurants and at least one music venue. Do you take hookers or escorts to concerts or have them stay over at your house for several days? but don't think these were serious girfriends since the visits were spread out.

I back up what R165 said. In the neighbourhood no one that interacts with him or sees him says he's gay. There just aren't any rumours like that round and zero stories about Tom with male partners.

by Anonymousreply 171April 26, 2018 8:49 PM

He’s a raging narcissist who isn’t suave enough to cover the core of insecurity that lies at the base of that personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 172April 26, 2018 9:07 PM

Fuck off, Shaitana. You're not setting up camp here.

by Anonymousreply 173April 26, 2018 10:04 PM

Here is what Gwendoline wrote in the myspace chats mentioned above. Tom's anwers got scrubbed off the internet years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174April 26, 2018 11:15 PM

His sexuality will be a moot point if he continues the beardy hermit routine. Granted he’s currently on a (contractually obligated) press tour, but he hasn’t worked since last year’s Hamlet and has nothing lined up. I’m starting to wonder if he’ll even return to acting, or if he does if he’ll stick to theatre and Brit stuff and give up trying to make another attempt at Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 175April 26, 2018 11:28 PM

I wonder why he stopped acting? I think he looks sick in all honesty.

by Anonymousreply 176April 27, 2018 3:12 AM

Loved Hiddleston, Tilda Swinton & decayed Detroit in the film, "Only Lovers Left Alive." It's hard knowing that Anton Yelchin ended up getting smashed to death in real life by his SUV.

Hiddleston's singing and acting were supposed to be fantastic in "I Saw the Light."

He was very sexy in "Crimson Peak." The art direction, cinematography, and costumes were beautiful but I hated the creepy, bloody film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177April 27, 2018 8:11 AM

I think the guy hasn't got any work lined because he just needs a break. Which is totally understandable.

by Anonymousreply 178April 27, 2018 8:54 AM

Break? Actors don't break for two years when they are in their prime acting years unless they are DLL, have an illness or family issue or are not getting work or decent work. Actors need to look busy and in demand. Walking around looking depressed doesn't help. You can't ride on past work forever.

by Anonymousreply 179April 27, 2018 12:19 PM

Odd that he doesn't have any work lined up.

by Anonymousreply 180April 27, 2018 12:32 PM

I saw Avengers last night. His billing of 12th is super generous considering the amount of screentime he got.

by Anonymousreply 181April 27, 2018 3:13 PM

He's been flailing ever since Hiddleswift blew up. He's got a right to cry over his dead career in private, but walking around all sad-eyed with the mourning beard just makes him look pathetic. Tom should man up, shave, and beat the bushes for some juicy indie/theater roles. After a few years of good work, people will get over the Taylor thing, and he might be able to stage a brilliant career resurrection.

I mean, if Mel Gibson can come back, anybody can.

by Anonymousreply 182April 27, 2018 3:47 PM

R182 I think that's good advice.

by Anonymousreply 183April 27, 2018 5:24 PM

R173 Exactly. I'm tired of this desperate tumblrinas. I'm suprised that non of them was trying to convince DL's that he's a virgin.

by Anonymousreply 184April 27, 2018 5:27 PM

R184 I'm fucking sick of them setting up camp here for their nonsense. If it was just normal fan stuff I wouldn't care, but they have their creepy psychoanalysis, PR conspiracy theories and they are just generally disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 185April 27, 2018 5:53 PM

“All I know is that 3 women from 2015-2016 visited him a handful of times and two stayed over at his house for multiple days/evenings. They were also out with him at restaurants and at least one music venue.”

R171 WTF kind of stalker shit is this????

by Anonymousreply 186April 27, 2018 7:08 PM

Didn't he kill off his career with the ridiculous speech he made at the Golden Globes claiming his TV show had solved world crises?

by Anonymousreply 187April 27, 2018 7:12 PM

R186 that's Shaitana, which means none of it is true.

R187 it was more shovelling dirt on top of the coffin at that point.

by Anonymousreply 188April 27, 2018 7:59 PM

R186 that may all have come from UK tabloids.

by Anonymousreply 189April 27, 2018 9:11 PM

I'm not a stalker or from tumbler. I know someone who used to work at one of his go-to restaurants. When Hiddleswift happened he called fakery as he'd seen Tom plenty of times with women who weren't Taylor Swift. Also shared that no one in the neighbourhood thinks he's gay. because no boyfriends/male partners.

by Anonymousreply 190April 27, 2018 10:52 PM

R177 I agree. He looked good in Crimson Peak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191April 28, 2018 1:28 AM

R190 This is how homophobia gets spread. When a man walks into Toms apartment we don’t assume he slept with them. Why? So why should we believe he slept with women just because he’s “seen” with them? What does it mean if they were seen eating at a restaurant? There have been many fake reports of Tom with a woman who’s turned out to be a reporter. In many cases these women have been assistants or movie reps.

by Anonymousreply 192April 28, 2018 2:10 AM

Tom looks better with darker hair as in Crimson Peak and as Loki.

by Anonymousreply 193April 29, 2018 4:35 AM

Damn, tom and Evan MacGregor? And Ken B? damn that’s hot.

by Anonymousreply 194April 29, 2018 8:37 AM

Well... having seen Infinity War, he must've really wanted to be done with his Marvel contract.

by Anonymousreply 195May 2, 2018 9:04 PM

But he can safety dance.

by Anonymousreply 196May 3, 2018 2:15 AM

[quote] he's not famous compared with the others in the neighbourhood

[quote] No gay rumours round his actual neighbourhood

[quote] In the neighbourhood no one that interacts with him or sees him says he's gay.

What is this ubiquitous "neighbourhood" that everyone is talking about? Primrose Hill / Chalk Farm?

That’s where the rest of the so-called partying “Primrose Hill Set” (PMH) lives or lived in the past (Sadie Frost, Jude Law, Kate Moss).

by Anonymousreply 197May 3, 2018 3:07 AM

*(PHS), that is

by Anonymousreply 198May 3, 2018 3:09 AM

R197 Belsize Park. I have a hard time believing anyone there gossips about him or even cares. This is bs.

by Anonymousreply 199May 3, 2018 1:11 PM

R199 You're right. It is. No one cares. R186 The one who is sitting on a tree with binoculars on. It's impossible to know who is entering he's house from the street level.

by Anonymousreply 200May 3, 2018 4:48 PM

R199, why Belsize Park? Hiddleston told Esquire in an interview it's Chalk Farm (i.e. not far from Primrose Hill). Which wouldn't surprise me, as it's an area beloved by many British actors - and even the founding fathers of 19th C Marxist socialism like Friedrich Engels.

[quote] "The next instalment of Thor starts shooting in June, so at this point in time he has a couple of months to kick back at home in London's Chalk Farm, with his cat Bentley and his two sisters, one older and one younger, who live close by."

To the poster above who said TH was constantly hanging out with the same 2-3 women at his pad and in restaurants - well, those could just be his 2 sisters who live close by, per Esquire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201May 3, 2018 5:17 PM

[quote]Well... having seen Infinity War, he must've really wanted to be done with his Marvel contract.

He would've been happy to keep playing Loki forever, it is the only thing that keeps him relevant.

by Anonymousreply 202May 3, 2018 5:20 PM

R201 Belsize Park, Chalk Farm, Primrose Hill it's all in his neighborhood, and for him it might be the same. Or he might be reffering to underground station, Chalk Farm is closer to him.

by Anonymousreply 203May 3, 2018 6:42 PM

[quote] The one time I went to his house it was very clean and tidy (pre puppy) but I noticed he doesn’t own a loo roll holder and has lots of books piled right next to the loo.

Who are all these lucky DLers who have been invited around to Hiddleston’s abode? Guess my embroidered invite letter got lost in the mail or smthg…

But, seriously, you people baffle me. DL is supposed to be a very intellectual, highly analytical place, where we discuss art, design & hot ass – yet your biggest takeaway from your unique, one-of-a-kind visit to a renowned actor’s home was the [italic]scandalous[/italic] absence of a TOILET PAPER HOLDER??!

Well, pray tell, was the paper at least quilted 3-ply? Was the roll enriched with soothing Aloe Vera balm? Did he buy recycled toilet paper or does Hiddleston not care about mass rainforest deforestation in Brazil?! We’re all holding our breath for answers to these paramount questions. *eyeroll*

Jeez, people, focus and use your memory. Tell us smthg harmless, but actually relevant and interesting. For example: What was the décor like? (Describe it a-la the “Tasteful Friends” threads.) Was it a party/soirée and, if so, what kind of hors d’oeuvres did he serve you? What piquant topics (culture, travel, theatre) did you discuss with him? What kind of interesting company does he keep (just fellow bohemians/thespians, academics or all walks of life)? Did he look hot at all in person?

I mean, I’m assuming you were formal guests there and actually conversed with the guy, with him showing you round – and not ‘the hired help’ who scrubbed clean and only saw the inside of his toilet room, for chrissake!

by Anonymousreply 204May 3, 2018 8:17 PM

Chalk Farm. If you work next door, you can see plenty.

by Anonymousreply 205May 3, 2018 8:47 PM

Sooo..he's straight? No bi curious?

by Anonymousreply 206May 3, 2018 8:53 PM

The sisters are rarely round. A friend saw him only once with his mother and sister in the 3 years he worked nearby. To compare he never saw him with Taylor and saw him multiple times with these three women who he maybe was in a relationship with.

by Anonymousreply 207May 3, 2018 8:55 PM

He drinks cheapish scotch.

He has a enema nozzle on his shitter. Not a bidet.

He has ostentatiously masc furniture - an odd mix of gentlemen's club velvets and leather, bauhaus and Wiener Werkstatte reproductions (could he be rich enough for originals?).

his linens are some sad luxe products bought in luxury department store.

by Anonymousreply 208May 3, 2018 9:05 PM

R204, the kind of people who get invited to actors’ homes don’t regard it as a once in a lifetime thing, but as something fairly ordinary.

His home address and a million photos of his house with current furniture and interior design are online, and don’t require any particular cyber stalking to find. He literally registered his company under his home address, and hasn’t in however many years of fame bothered to spend two minutes filling in a form to get it removed from public web records, even though he must know any random fan can find it by googling his name. It’s frankly weird.

Iirc don’t his sisters live abroad? One or both? Or maybe used to? His mum lives a few hours from London.

by Anonymousreply 209May 3, 2018 10:00 PM

No both sisters are in London. R180 He really has nothing? To be fair it's hard to keep a straight face when remembering Hiddleswift and his speech. you are either laughing or cringing. Producers and studio people must be the same.

by Anonymousreply 210May 3, 2018 10:27 PM

R209 What’s his address? How do you know it’s current?

by Anonymousreply 211May 4, 2018 1:55 AM

He’s such a loser, and now everyone knows it.

He’s a bigger wimp than Gil Kessler.

by Anonymousreply 212May 4, 2018 2:05 AM

He has Best Little Boy In The World Syndrome.

100% homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 213May 4, 2018 2:15 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214May 4, 2018 2:30 AM

R214 Your link doesn’t work.

by Anonymousreply 215May 4, 2018 4:46 AM

R208, how much do Wiener Werkstätte originals cost? Around $20-50k? I’d guess he could afford them, if he fancied.

(Off-topic, but interestingly Apple’s brand new store in Vienna is designed in the retro-cool WW style.)

Why would luxury dep’t linens be “sad” though? For lovely linens, it is respectably [italic]comme il faut[/italic] to go to Harrods / Selfridges.

Ha, love how all discussion inescapably circles back to Hiddleston’s toilet. Homes in the UK are usually very old and/or small – so in-built enema nozzles or bidets are rare, R208. But if he happened to have a high-tech gadget like the former ('smart toilet'), I'd be VERY impressed.

by Anonymousreply 216May 4, 2018 2:02 PM

Thanks, R209. Well, if what I found is correct, I must say I’m underwhelmed by TH’s interior design. Unless he’s done a complete re-design lately (since all the photos are from many years ago). With all his money - from the Marvel movie franchise, plus potentially family money - I’m surprised how simplistic it looks. The kitchen & bedrooms are tiny, and there’s no pleasant view at all. It looks almost middle-class *gasp*. No wonder the missing toilet paper holder captured your attention more than the rest of the décor – it doesn’t seem very memorable.

I expected more of what R208 was describing: a sophisticated mix of old-school gentlemen’s style (beloved by upper-class elite school grads, which TH is one of) and early 20th C modernism (which is all the rage among creatives who want to advertise to their guests that they’re highbrow creatives with a cool-cat retro taste).

I hope for TH’s sake that he has a more luxurious place somewhere else. Perhaps he just uses this one as a minimalist work office. He was reportedly planning to buy a 6-bed country mansion in Wiltshire for £4 million earlier this year, but that apparently fell through.

by Anonymousreply 217May 4, 2018 2:09 PM

Pics of the interior of Tom's house were posted in one of the corialanus threads about him around 2013 and let's just say I'm not sure if the "tasteful friends" on datalounge would have liked it.

by Anonymousreply 218May 4, 2018 2:19 PM

I'm pretty sure that the older sister Sarah lives in India.She may have moved back to London recently.

by Anonymousreply 219May 4, 2018 2:21 PM

What did this thread turn into?

by Anonymousreply 220May 5, 2018 12:59 PM

Wait, did he have a thing with Ewan and Kenneth, or what?

I don’t care about his decor!

by Anonymousreply 221May 5, 2018 1:11 PM

He doesn't care about his decor either.

by Anonymousreply 222May 5, 2018 2:43 PM

R213 Finally some words of wisdom. R204 You really believe that this person was in his house?

by Anonymousreply 223May 5, 2018 2:46 PM

LOL R204.

by Anonymousreply 224May 5, 2018 3:26 PM

Tom has a stalker, no other way to know this info about girls around him and when, the bar next door and their comings and goings, the sisters, house decor, and NDA's with local businesses. It's creepy.

by Anonymousreply 225May 5, 2018 3:37 PM

You really think so? I couldn’t tell..mmm

by Anonymousreply 226May 5, 2018 5:47 PM

There have been several stalkers that are well known in his fandom. Many in the fandom encourage the stalking behavior (spending time in his neighborhood, hanging out at the places he’s known to frequent, harassing him on movie sets, etc..) & some are disgusted by it. I’m one of the ones disgusted by it. It got severely out of control around the the time he was doing Coriolanus. I saw some of it with my own eyes. I’ve never seen such entitled little cunts as I saw that night. It was truly pathetic. The well known stalkers have ranged from married women with kids to girls barely out of their teens (if even that) ‘studying abroad’.. translation, moving to London to stalk him on a daily basis & everything in between. It’s been going on for years. I have no idea what, if anything has been done to stop it, but I hope there has been. These are some pretty unhinged people. I don’t just mean because they stalk him. Their behavior is crazy at best. I’d hate to see it at their worst. Oh & I’m aware of all of this because I’ve been in his fandom for many, many years now & I have read quite a bit of Tumblr & other forums along the way. .... and yes, I think his ‘dating’ TS was the biggest bunch of fake bullshit ever & he’s lucky it didn’t completely ruin him. He’s lost a major amount of credibility though & it’s his own fault.

by Anonymousreply 227May 5, 2018 7:14 PM

R227 what was the whole deal with Beanup? She was one of the stalkers, but I think she made dubious claims of having slept with him as well?

by Anonymousreply 228May 5, 2018 7:21 PM

The more I read about Tom Hiddleston, the more I'm beginning to think his old man was right. He should've put his education and talents into anything but acting.

by Anonymousreply 229May 5, 2018 7:32 PM

[228] Yeah, she did claim it, but it was pretty much debunked. Some actually still believe it, tho. I don’t. I never did. I was reading about it as certain things were happening & there’s just no way. Not only because timelines didn’t add up, but for a plethora of other reasons I’ll keep to myself. I could write a lot about it, but this really isn’t the place for that. It tends to bring an unwanted element into the picture, if you get my drift. There may be some stuff about it on Tumblr or something, though if you are curious.

by Anonymousreply 230May 5, 2018 7:57 PM

His stalkers should get a restraining order, seriously. So in the end, we can conclude he’s straight and a loner?

by Anonymousreply 231May 5, 2018 8:20 PM

[quote] He doesn't care about his decor either.

Ha, you're right, R222. Tilts the scales in favor of the hypothesis he's straight. Or if he's gay, he's not doing us proud. He seems to just buy places with previous owners' furniture and leave it that way.

Same story with his recently aborted country farmhouse purchase: he made it a deal-breaker that he wanted the seller's old furniture. I get it: it's cost-effective and cheaper than buying a new set. But, taste-wise, it's so "ugh". I doubt comedian Michael McIntyre had any classy antiques in that country cottage - Hiddleston would probably just have inherited some grimy couch sets.

by Anonymousreply 232May 5, 2018 9:36 PM

I actually saw him in “Coriolanus” at the Donmar years ago. I had no idea who he was (b/c I don’t follow Marvel’s “Thor” franchise). Funnily enough, Donmar’s audience is often mostly grey-haired octogenarians, so (for obvious demographic reasons) they seemed completely oblivious about his budding HW blockbuster fame as well. He was very good though: charismatic on stage; nuanced, textured voice that carries well in the theatre; moving portrayal of a controversial Shakespearean character.

Years before that, I went to see Chekhov’s “Ivanov”, adapted by Stoppard, directed by Grandage and starring Branagh. Hiddleston was in that play too (playing a young intellectual a bit similar to himself). But, again, his name didn’t ring a bell for me back then, especially since he was in a supporting role.

He really should do more theatre. The stage is more his strong suit. Psychological plays with old-school pathos fit him – maybe he could try Ibsen.

by Anonymousreply 233May 5, 2018 9:45 PM

R230 thanks! I wasn't sure whether I remembered right or not.

by Anonymousreply 234May 5, 2018 11:23 PM

Does he still do that ridiculous and pained raised eyebrow thing every other minute?

That’s quite literally his only expression. This is acting?

Bitch please.

by Anonymousreply 235May 5, 2018 11:23 PM

So did he fuck Evan or not? Examine the the body language.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236May 6, 2018 2:03 AM

Ewan. Fuck spell check.

by Anonymousreply 237May 6, 2018 2:03 AM

R235 Yes he does. Just watch any recent video with him on yt. It's like he had reversed botox.

R236 Ewan fuck him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238May 7, 2018 12:04 PM

R238 That is why we needs cuts around here.

by Anonymousreply 239May 7, 2018 7:32 PM

How can you guys assume he is straight after "dating" power beard Taylor swift. If that was not a declaration of coming out, I don't know what will.

by Anonymousreply 240May 7, 2018 8:38 PM

Both don't have to be gay R240. One can be gay and the other a ambitious famewhore on the wrong side of 30.

by Anonymousreply 241May 7, 2018 9:09 PM

The Wrong Side of 30 would make a good movie title.

by Anonymousreply 242May 7, 2018 9:11 PM

My life story right now!

by Anonymousreply 243May 7, 2018 9:15 PM

Gurleen needs to stahp his nelly sameface eyebrow Blue Steel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244May 7, 2018 9:29 PM

Constantly constipated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245May 7, 2018 9:32 PM

I still believe he is gay just for the fact of going to the Taylor swift route of famewhoring. If he is not gay then can we assume Jake poo is straight too.

by Anonymousreply 246May 7, 2018 9:34 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247May 7, 2018 9:35 PM

Hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248May 7, 2018 9:38 PM

Sameface.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249May 7, 2018 9:41 PM

My god he needs to fire his makeup artist ASAP R244.

by Anonymousreply 250May 7, 2018 9:41 PM

Sameface.

The biggest tool on planet earth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251May 7, 2018 9:42 PM

Flashback, of the most terrible variety.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252May 7, 2018 9:46 PM

I've always liked is colouring. Especially younger when he would go more strawberry blonde or quite blonde.

by Anonymousreply 253May 7, 2018 9:46 PM

La-HOOSER!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254May 7, 2018 9:49 PM

Sameface.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255May 7, 2018 9:50 PM

Sameface.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256May 7, 2018 9:52 PM

I'd have sex with him. He can make that face.

by Anonymousreply 257May 7, 2018 9:53 PM

Sameface.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258May 7, 2018 9:54 PM

Does he have herpes at R247?

by Anonymousreply 259May 7, 2018 9:56 PM

The GQ interview was really the ultimate.

The interviewer read him for FILTH in the write up.

He really is loathsome, and she mopped the fucking floor with his disordered personality.

His PR people must still be in high school to let him speak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260May 7, 2018 9:57 PM

GQ is so hardcore!

by Anonymousreply 261May 7, 2018 9:58 PM

This comment from Dlisted on the article explains so much.

Scrupulosity!

“So I went to read the whole article again, and something stood out to me. Taffy claims Tom's father taught him something called ‘scrupulosity.’

"He learned the basics of scrupulosity, though, from his father, who taught him that there is right and wrong, fact and myth, and that sometimes you have to work hard to spot the difference."

I didn't know what that meant, so I went to look it up.

"Scrupulosity is characterized by pathological guilt about moral or religious issues. It is personally distressing, objectively dysfunctional, and often accompanied by significant impairment in social functioning. Scrupulosity is a form of OCD in which the sufferer's primary anxiety is the fear of being guilty of religious, moral, or ethical failure."

Either Taffy has no fucking clue what scrupulosity means, or she just wrote that Tom is even more friggin' nuts than we knew. If he truly does suffer from scrupulosity, it's no wonder he acts like an over-eager little puppy all the time. Also explains why he creepily went back to her hotel to make sure she really understood why he wasn't wrong and what he was trying to say.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262May 7, 2018 10:00 PM

Scrupulosity...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263May 7, 2018 10:04 PM

Sameface with a large bird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264May 7, 2018 10:05 PM

Could you please post some samedick pics? We're tiring of sameface.

by Anonymousreply 265May 7, 2018 10:07 PM

It’s unimpressive.

If he were packing, he’d have some confidence/swagger.

by Anonymousreply 266May 7, 2018 10:09 PM

R257 He WOULD make that face. That's the point.

by Anonymousreply 267May 7, 2018 10:41 PM

FU, sameface troll. Go spam somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 268May 7, 2018 10:44 PM

R246 Jake G is gay as the day is long. I'm thinking Hiddleston falls into the John mayer category of Swift beards, an attention whore who will sell himself out for the promise of magazine coverage. Think the dj was the same.

by Anonymousreply 269May 7, 2018 10:44 PM

R252 Was this another date that the paps were invited to? Flay like your contract depends on it, Tommy.

by Anonymousreply 270May 7, 2018 10:47 PM

Wow that GQ article was brutal!

by Anonymousreply 271May 8, 2018 12:11 AM

So who is he fucking now?

by Anonymousreply 272May 8, 2018 7:21 PM

R272 He masturbates to a mirror while making sameface.

by Anonymousreply 273May 8, 2018 9:51 PM

Ah yes, I remember that GQ article. Remember discussing here at the time. And yes, the interviewer clearly could not stand Hiddleston. It is quite funny when Hiddleston was clearly trying to hard to rehab his image and make a good impression, and he failed miserably.

by Anonymousreply 274May 8, 2018 9:53 PM

He should sell real estate or something instead.

by Anonymousreply 275May 8, 2018 9:56 PM

R275 His career is over. No new projects in 2 years = donezo. He'll go back to the theatre when he gets desperate for money and disappear. He can barely sell his heterosexuality to the public, selling property would be a total fail.

by Anonymousreply 276May 8, 2018 10:05 PM

He could become a headmaster at a boys’ private school.

by Anonymousreply 277May 8, 2018 10:07 PM

What’s a job that gives very clear instructions, and doesn’t require the employee to be creative, interpret things, or interact with the public?

Accountant

Janitor

Night watchman

Actuary?

by Anonymousreply 278May 8, 2018 10:09 PM

[quote] He'll go back to the theatre when he gets desperate for money

On that topic: he has a very intriguing family background.

Hiddleston is a descendant of the House of Vestey - a family with a stratospheric fortune that built an international corporate empire during the [italic]fin de siècle[/italic]). The "Vestey Brothers" company was an early pioneer of refrigeration (focusing on meat products). At one point they were reportedly the biggest meat retailers - in the whole world. They even built their own shipping line to export/import it (Blue Star Line).

The family has some dark history as well. They consolidated and kept their fortune by majorly evading tax. E.g. a Sunday Times investigation revealed that in 1978, they paid only £10 tax on a profit of more than £2.3 million. Some of the family also skipped to South America (Buenos Aires) to avoid paying UK taxes. And in Australia, the company allegedly used to employ indigenous people at only 1/4 of the living wage. In short, they excelled at capitalism.

According to the Sunday Times Rich List 2013, the Vestey family's combined wealth (Lord Vestey, with his cousin, Edmund Hoyle Vestey) amounted to ca. [bold]£1.2 billion[/bold].

Hiddleston might not be the prime inheritor, but he’s still a direct descendant of one of the 2 founding brothers – via his maternal line.

So did TH’s maternal family inherit a considerable chunk of that gigantic fortune, as direct descendants?

To the poster above who allegedly met the maternal family – are they quite wealthy?

by Anonymousreply 279May 8, 2018 11:18 PM

Who spends the time to write that?

by Anonymousreply 280May 8, 2018 11:25 PM

Journalists, R280 (*duh*). My post is based on a public article from The Guardian.

by Anonymousreply 281May 8, 2018 11:29 PM

Umm who bothers finding a Guardian article and copying it into DL?

by Anonymousreply 282May 9, 2018 12:38 AM

The woman who wrote the GQ article is a hateful bitch. All of her interviews are like that. I don’t know why anyone talks to her.

by Anonymousreply 283May 9, 2018 4:47 AM

R280 Probably someone like yourself, who first comes to this thread and pretends to know him in real life and then somehow thinks they can start pretending to be a regular old hater. You know, if you put a person on ignore you can see all their posts they’ve made? You aren’t too bright. And if you’re going to pretend to be British, you might want to start posting on UK time.

by Anonymousreply 284May 9, 2018 4:59 AM

Omg block R280 and read all her posts on your ignore list. It’s a trip.

by Anonymousreply 285May 9, 2018 4:28 PM

Hahahahaha R284 & 285.

by Anonymousreply 286May 9, 2018 5:48 PM

Has he mentioned that Taylor Swift is a cunt?

Because you know, she is.

by Anonymousreply 287May 9, 2018 10:49 PM

R287 No but to be fair, he’s never seen her actual cunt either. Karlie’s head was always cock blocking him.

by Anonymousreply 288May 10, 2018 1:34 AM

did any of you see his audition tape for the role of Thor? So embarrassing and it shows you just how ridiculously narcissistic he is. 100% out of his mind.

by Anonymousreply 289May 10, 2018 3:13 AM

Ooooo, post it, r289 !!

by Anonymousreply 290May 10, 2018 4:35 AM

Hmm i can’t find the clip I’m looking for but this little snippet will make you cringe for days

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291May 10, 2018 6:05 AM

[quote] it shows you just how ridiculously narcissistic he is. 100% out of his mind.

R289, you’re not very familiar with Hollywood, are you? You just described 99% of actors. Because one [italic]needs[/italic] to be very narcissistic to make it as a HW actor. The whole point of being one is that you [italic]crave[/italic] a global audience to watch & praise you. And with the constant painful rejection that even top stars face, it’s only aggressive, unapologetic narcissism (a self-obsessed belief that you’re special & meant to be a star) that gets you through each month of endless auditions.

It’s also common to audition for [italic]everything[/italic] that can get you top-billing in a blockbuster or Oscar-bait movie. It doesn’t matter if the role fits you or not, you go after all big audition options and then pick from the ones you win. Even if you don’t get some roles, it’s an opportunity to network with casting & film directors, b/c they can cast you in an alternative project.

by Anonymousreply 292May 10, 2018 11:05 AM

This is Tom’s mega-rich relative. I love the exuberant plumage on his hat.

So is poor Tom the Cinderella of the family? Like the middle-class solicitor Matthew Crawley from popular TV series Downton Abbey?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293May 10, 2018 11:32 AM

Tom’s extended fam is good friends with the Queen too. She granted the court position of “Master of the Horse” to the head of the family.

I wonder if Tom gets invited over to Buckingham Palace for tea often...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294May 10, 2018 11:39 AM

The family head is old drinking buddies with Prince Charles too.

No wonder Hiddleston went to Eton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295May 10, 2018 11:53 AM

Looks like the crazy stan found a way to delete her cookies at R291 so we’d think she was a new poster. Nope.

by Anonymousreply 296May 10, 2018 12:59 PM

R297 That girl is bizarre. First she was desperate to make people think she knew Tom. Now that it’s obvious she doesn’t, she’s turned into a hater troll.

by Anonymousreply 297May 10, 2018 5:19 PM

Master of the Horse

Quick to catch your eye...

by Anonymousreply 298May 10, 2018 5:54 PM

The current patriarch of the rich Vestey family is the 3rd Baron Vestey (Lord Vestey, Master of the Horse). He's reportedly worth ca. £727 million. He is Hiddleston's 3rd cousin once removed. The rest of the family is said to be worth ca. £473 million. The combined family wealth is in the ballpark area of £1.2 billion.

It's anyone's guess if TH has any access or entitlement to the family trust. His grandma was the sister of the previous patriarch (Tom's grand-uncle, who died in 2007, leaving an estate of ca. £738 million). So perhaps the grandma got at least some of that. But then she had 5 kids, so any trickle-down inheritance to her grandson (Tom) probably got diluted.

by Anonymousreply 299May 10, 2018 7:14 PM

But at least TH likely has the high-society connections. The 3rd Baron Vestey (Tom’s 3rd cousin once removed) is very close with the British Royal Family. His 2nd wife (Lady Celia Vestey) is even Prince Harry's godmother.

The Baron's son, William, (Hiddleston's 4th cousin) was Prince William's polo mate. And the Baron's niece, Tamara, (also Tom's 4th cousin?) was a debutante and was thought to have dated Prince William, as they were spotted together at polo matches. But apparently they were just friends.

by Anonymousreply 300May 10, 2018 7:22 PM

Fun fact: TH is related by his extended family’s marriage to famous Australian opera star Dame Nellie Melba. The famous dessert Peach Melba and Melba toast were both created for her by her chef. Baron Vestey is her great-grandson.

by Anonymousreply 301May 10, 2018 7:26 PM

Love you, r301.

by Anonymousreply 302May 10, 2018 8:59 PM

He was in Los Angeles for Jimmy Kimmel Live a couple weeks ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303May 10, 2018 10:02 PM

Wow, Taylor did a number on him.

by Anonymousreply 304May 11, 2018 6:53 AM

Please, he was in on all those shenanigans, but it blew up in his face. But he can't laugh it off and move on, but acts like some grieving widower.

by Anonymousreply 305May 11, 2018 11:35 AM

r237- one of my friends was a victim of his stalkers- Friend worked with him on Thor and they managed to hack into Friend's FB account, get their info, set up a fake FB account using Friend's photos from their IG and impersonate Friend and their sister on the fake FB account (they would have conversations between the siblings). Then they reached out to Tom as the Friend to meet up somewhere. Friend got a personal message from Tom saying that he couldn't make the meet up, and they replied that they had no idea what the hell Tom was talking about. That's when they found out the whole impersonation thing and got off of social media for 3 years. Unfortunately Friend lost out on working with Tom again -issues with getting paid from Marvel for press, and on the next movie, Marvel told Tom that friend was unavailable (but called Friend to ask what they did to Tom so they could duplicate it)). Tom also didn't contact friend again, because he wasn't sure if it was the crazy stalkers he was talking to.

But last year, Friend worked with Tom in a peripheral way (they were on the same set), Tom saw Friend, went up and gave them a big hug.

by Anonymousreply 306May 11, 2018 12:43 PM

Arrgh, that reply at r306 was meant for r227.

by Anonymousreply 307May 11, 2018 12:44 PM

Wasn't Tom's own facebook account hacked shortly after he became famous?

by Anonymousreply 308May 11, 2018 2:11 PM

His Instagram was hacked.

by Anonymousreply 309May 11, 2018 2:45 PM

Who cares about the Swift fakemance. Most of Hollywood is like that. They date for publicity. They marry for publicity (or money). And they even have kids for publicity. Why do most A-list actors “date” other A-list actors or singers? Primarily because it adds PR value to their brand. There’s rarely any real “love” in Hollywood.

Hiddleston didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. He played the usual HW game, like the rest of ‘em. And it was fake because most of Hollywood is fake.

Even HW marriages are often based on fakery. Don’t be fooled by a ring. They just use each other’s fame & then divorce, once they’ve squeezed out all the PR value out of the marriage.

And it’s the people’s / fans’ own fault. People want to see a fairytale celebrity romance & Hollywood simply supplies it - by simulating that fairytale.

by Anonymousreply 310May 12, 2018 2:33 AM

Well, r310, they didn't want to see this one, thus this thread.

by Anonymousreply 311May 12, 2018 7:31 PM

They didn't want to see it because the 2 fanbases don't match - fanbase generational clash. Swift's brand is for teens / YAs, Hiddleston's probably for fraus in their 20s-30s-40s. If it were someone like Harry Styles wearing an "I love TS" shirt - the silly stans would think it's sweet (even if Styles was gorging on cock behind the scenes). Just like those fake Pattinson-Stewart or Bieber-Gomez relationships - people could sense the fakeness but still ate it up, b/c the fanbases were similar.

The other fanbase pairing miscalculation was Cavill-Cuoco. Whoever advised that PR move didn't understand that those 2 fanbases are like oil and water.

Hiddleston's only mistake is that he should have secured an older or more exotic beard closer to his 'suave gentlemen' role-play for the Bond PR machine. Maybe smn like Priyanka Chopra or Bella Hadid. Basically anyone who's famous enough and looks like a Bond girl.

by Anonymousreply 312May 12, 2018 8:49 PM

At least that would add some colour to his 'whitest-man-in-showbiz' persona, R312.

by Anonymousreply 313May 12, 2018 10:05 PM

R255 R256 R258 and so on. That is no surprise. He has his favorite outfit, favorite shoes, favorite cafe and favorite face expression.

R273 Rotfl

R274 He was trying way to hard with this interview. Going back to her room next day at 6am. He must be really insecure about himself.

R312 Bella Hadid is like 21, way to young for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314May 12, 2018 10:20 PM

He went back to the journalist to clarify his interview - because he was doing damage control. Let’s not forget - he had a multi-million $$$ job audition (for a starring role in a franchise) potentially on the table. Plus, for any guy in Britain, playing Bond is the ultimate dream. If I made a blunder to put that kind of job money in jeopardy, I’d be scrambling over myself to correct it too.

When one’s fighting for a big role or for a multi-million salary, there’s no such thing as “trying way too hard”. You see this kind of barely veiled, full-steam PR propaganda just before the Oscar ceremony. I remember fellow British actor’s Eddie Redmayne’s team made him a cork in every bottle. Every red carpet event, every talk show, every industry gathering - there he was, schmoozing up to Acadamy voters. And I can’t blame him. That’s how you get roles, big money & Oscar votes - through shameless self-promotion.

by Anonymousreply 315May 13, 2018 6:55 AM

Problem was r315, going to the room at 6am made him look crazy and desperate. People LOVE it when actors pretend not to give a damn. The key to it is to look like a duck were everything looks cool to outward appearances while you are furiously paddling under the surface. Oscars and other big awards are different. You generally have to work the room on some level for them.

And if you are vying for a big franchise and are even close, you make damn sure your name stays out of the public eye until you secure it so that you don't end up looking like a fool. Besides, when was the last time anyone openly campaigned for a huge role and got it? It seems to turn off the directors, producers and studios. Let your manager and agent do the dirty work behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 316May 13, 2018 8:20 AM

Yes, that’s one approach, R316. But behind-the-scenes negotiations would likely not have been enough to secure Bond for Hiddleston. He doesn’t have the right face or alpha presence for Bond. Not macho masculine enough, especially following Craig’s stint. And facing stiff competion from more masculine actors like James Norton, who is also younger so can carry the franchise for longer. And I bet Hiddleston (or his team) knew all that, so a low-key, laid-back approach just wouldn’t work.

That’s why they tried approach #2: build up media presence & visibility, project a Bond-like image with a world-famous ‘date’ and a jet-set lifestyle (flying to Rome, etc). Combine the 2 fanbases (Swift’s gigantic fanbase and his own) to convince the producers to bet on him b/c even though he doesn’t look like Bond, he’ll bring smthg extra to the franchise. Bond’s audience is usually older. His big selling point that his team could pitch to producers is that he can bring a wider fanbase audience to the cinema, and sell more tickets than Norton, etc.

Problem was he broke character. That “same face” he’s doing on magazine covers - that’s him acting Bond. Swanky gentleman, on point. But when it came to the beach holiday with Swift, he let his guard down & his inner non-Bond self came out. Because he seems to be naturally the opposite of Bond: quirky, playful, over-eager and willing to please. As soon as that got media attention, his Bond alpha game was gone.

Plus, all news outlets decided to scapegoat him for romantic role-playing (as if that’s not already [italic]comme-il-faut[/italic] everywhere in Hollywood).

The irony is that Hiddleston actually does look like an MI5 / MI6 agent. They tend to be bookish and look like respectable accountants. That’s why he was more or less convincing in “The Night Manager”. But, of course, Bond is another story - with Craig’s entry they reinvented him as a knucklehead mercenary. That’s not Hiddleston’s territory at all.

by Anonymousreply 317May 13, 2018 10:00 AM

Wtf, this thread has been infested with tumblr Fraus.

by Anonymousreply 318May 13, 2018 12:08 PM

R318 is the same tedious poster who complained about DLers discussing TH’s décor. Well, what d’ya want? Hiddleston’s grown a beard and went into social hibernation. No other salty gossip.

P.S.: No, odds are he didn’t fuck Branagh or McGregor. Place your bets on Windsor instead. B/c I don’t see why I else TH keeps him around. Especially given the piss-poor PR job that Windsor’s being doing so far.

by Anonymousreply 319May 13, 2018 1:04 PM

Here ya go, r 114. Go to 7:00 where the crazy stalkerasks him the bizarre question that has nothing to do with what film (The Night Manager) TH was promoting. The German woman calls herself 'Zhora Salome' on tumblr and she is a fixture there and has a reputation for being a bully and a stalker. She is basically insane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320May 13, 2018 1:13 PM

Damn, that question about “scratches on your neck” in one of TH’s “earliest films” is so... WTF.

Hugh Laurie’s parody reactions were hilarious. And the way that overly serious stan tried to shut him up in a bossy German accent was inadvertently hilarious too.

You could slice the tension in that room with a knife. And the audience’s very delayed anxious laughter - seemed like everyone needed time to process what on earth was happening. So cringy & epic.

by Anonymousreply 321May 13, 2018 1:40 PM

Laurie’s mic-drop after 8:08 says it all really.

by Anonymousreply 322May 13, 2018 1:54 PM

Was ist der Deutsch fur awkward?

by Anonymousreply 323May 13, 2018 4:21 PM

R323

There’s not really a word that exactly brings the meaning of “awkward” across, but I guess in this case you might want to go with “peinlich” (which also translates to “embarrassing”).

by Anonymousreply 324May 13, 2018 6:11 PM

He needs to stop acting so humourless and start taking the piss out of himself more. Someone linked me this video (I adore Jessica Chastain) and he’s so much more likeable when he’s being a weirdo and laughing at himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325May 15, 2018 6:06 PM

Oh dear. He has truly ceased giving any fucks whatsoever, and he has no new projects announced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326May 25, 2018 11:05 PM

Now would be the perfect time for him to come out and save what is left of his carreer.

by Anonymousreply 327May 25, 2018 11:14 PM

He didn't die, he did the decent thing and fucked right off.

by Anonymousreply 328May 25, 2018 11:28 PM

The puppy is gorgeous though. Maybe the puppy could have a movie career.

by Anonymousreply 329May 26, 2018 12:50 AM

Omg, he kept his socks from Eton...

by Anonymousreply 330May 28, 2018 7:49 PM

So is he with someone atm? I know there was some speculation of him being in a long term relationship with his assistant? Is he still with him or it wasn’t true at all?

by Anonymousreply 331June 17, 2018 2:02 PM

New boyfriend. In love, infatuated, spending lots of quality time. Chateau M. all the time.

by Anonymousreply 332June 17, 2018 2:06 PM

So who is it?

by Anonymousreply 333June 17, 2018 2:20 PM

R332 why is it always celebs go to Chateau Marmont?

by Anonymousreply 334June 17, 2018 7:43 PM

Is this his boyfriend or former boyfriend?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335June 17, 2018 7:55 PM

He has a massive crush on Tom.He admitted it.

by Anonymousreply 336June 17, 2018 8:01 PM

I think that Zachary Quinto had a crush on Hiddleston back in 2013. In the following clip of the MTV Award, at 0:56, Zach looks so awkward staring at Tom as if he is tongue-tied in his presence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337June 17, 2018 8:29 PM

Instead of Swift, Hiddles should have hooked up with Quinto. They could have been the new Ellen and Portia (male version).

by Anonymousreply 338June 17, 2018 8:49 PM

I noticed that Quinto soon, afterwards, got a boyfriend, named Miles McMillan, who looked like Loki at the time with his long, dark hair and skinny frame. Maybe, he had a Loki fetish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339June 17, 2018 9:17 PM

Whatever fallout Tom would have endured for coming out, it couldn't have been worse than what he went through over Swifty.

by Anonymousreply 340June 17, 2018 9:22 PM

Wow he really looks like Loki in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 341June 17, 2018 9:43 PM

Taylor Swift is the third rail of American bearding. You give her a piggyback, you die.

by Anonymousreply 342June 17, 2018 9:49 PM

I agree with R341 and R338. In the R337 clip at 0:56, Quinto looks like he wants Hiddleston so bad but is too shy to speak to him so he found a replacement in McMillan R339.

by Anonymousreply 343June 17, 2018 9:57 PM

Any RADA insiders here with pre fame gossip about Tom?

by Anonymousreply 344June 17, 2018 11:04 PM

R336 Is Fillion gay? He seems to act overly cozy with his male, fellow actors.

Here, he is, kissing Zac Levi for charity but there are rumors of him dating a woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345June 18, 2018 12:09 AM

A few years ago, Fillion tweeted that he nominated Tom Hiddleston for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge for the 'ladies'. Maybe, Fillion is bi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346June 18, 2018 12:37 AM

Tom isn’t gay. His publicist who DL speculated was his boyfriend (the one responsible for the disaster that was the fake Taylor Swift relationship) is in a long term relationship with another man.

Tom appears to be fully embracing the hobo/hermit life right now.

by Anonymousreply 347June 18, 2018 12:53 AM

The Chateau Marmont post was a joke btw. He hasn’t been to LA for a long time, apart from a couple of days for the Infinity War premiere. He basically does nothing except sit in his little house in North London, walk his dog, eat at the same cafe every day, and go to the theatre. Oh and he does loads of stuff for drama students and young people interested in the arts through a few different programmes.

by Anonymousreply 348June 18, 2018 1:00 AM

There's been speculation for years that Fillion is gay.

Who knows for sure?

by Anonymousreply 349June 18, 2018 1:11 AM

I've always heard that Fillion is gay and have never heard otherwise. I didn't think it was a question.

by Anonymousreply 350June 18, 2018 1:15 AM

Here’s another picture of Fillion from a few years ago, acting overly excited around Tom Hiddleston.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351June 18, 2018 1:40 AM

He’s not gay. He’s just holding out for just the right Tumblr Frau. Where oh where can she be?

by Anonymousreply 352June 18, 2018 2:02 AM

Yeah, I don’t think that Tom’s gay. If he was gay, he would have gotten together with the overly, friendly Fillion or the shy, awkward Quinto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353June 18, 2018 2:38 AM

Quinto is neither shy nor awkward.

by Anonymousreply 354June 18, 2018 2:41 AM

Well, he was acting awkward around Hiddleston in the R337 clip at 0:56.

by Anonymousreply 355June 18, 2018 2:47 AM

In 2015, when "asked whether he has a man crush, Fillion listed several actors."

“Umm, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jeremy Renner, Bradley Cooper. Who else do I think is really great? Both of the Wilson brothers,” he said, referring to actors Owen and Andrew Wilson.

“Tom Hiddleston,” he added. “Did I mention him?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356June 18, 2018 4:03 AM

R355 Shutup. You fucking fraus think everyone is in love with this awkward faggot. Tom Hiddleston wasn’t the only person on stage. Quinto was looking around to see who would accept the award.

by Anonymousreply 357June 18, 2018 9:10 PM

No projects lined up except for another season The Night Manager, which is very early in development. He's just hanging out in London with his dog and focused on running, apparently. The time out of the spotlight and the Swift and Golden Globe debacles seem to have mellowed him out. I think he thought he wanted to be famous and quickly reprioritized after the press rightfully dogged him for that embarrassing stunt with Swift. If he's no longer desperate to keep up with Hollywood, I don't see this time off doing his career any harm. It may help, and perhaps we'll see him quietly return to smaller films or do more theatre. He's more suited to those things than being a leading man in blockbuster films, anyway.

I don't get the impression that he's entirely happy with how Marvel concluded Loki's story in Infinity War (neither are most fans) but time will tell if it's really the end for that character.

by Anonymousreply 358June 18, 2018 10:56 PM

I still believe that Loki is alive.

by Anonymousreply 359June 20, 2018 3:19 PM

R359 he’s not.

by Anonymousreply 360June 29, 2018 1:30 PM

We'll definitely see him in A4 (in some kind of flashback or time travel scene from what the set pics seem to indicate) but I think his death was real. And I think Hiddleston's ready to be done with Loki and not particularly pleased with how his death played out, although he would never say so. Marvel has their new dancing bear now--Tom Holland.

by Anonymousreply 361June 29, 2018 4:25 PM

Omg, sorry for being so late on the topic but here are first pictures of Tom and his long term partner Luke with their newly adopted kid Tom H junior. Oh and btw R352 have you seen photos from Acecomiccon Seattle, there were quite a few contenders. My fav is lady in read and girl in a wedding dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362June 29, 2018 9:28 PM

I didn’t see any photo of a fan in a wedding dress but I saw some with Asian fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363June 30, 2018 9:55 AM

Who cares if he's gay? He ugly.

by Anonymousreply 364June 30, 2018 12:24 PM

So the glasses guy near Tom H is Tom’s boyfriend? Is there any further proof?

by Anonymousreply 365June 30, 2018 1:33 PM

R363 enjoy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366June 30, 2018 2:03 PM

OMG r366 that is just sad.

by Anonymousreply 367June 30, 2018 2:05 PM

He's an extremely polite person but I wish he just said no the wedding dress pic.It's pathetic and cringeworthy.

by Anonymousreply 368June 30, 2018 2:12 PM

Thanks R366. He seems to have a lot of Asian fans.

Do you have a picture of the lady in red? I assume that the word, ‘read’, is a typo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369June 30, 2018 8:05 PM

Big in Japan.

by Anonymousreply 370June 30, 2018 8:15 PM

Big in Korea

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371June 30, 2018 8:27 PM

Tom Hiddleston arriving at Incheon Airport, South Korea - April 11, 2018

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372June 30, 2018 10:04 PM

R368 this girl asked him if she can wear the wedding dress and he said yes. So I don't know who is more cringey. There also was a girl with a letter girland saying mr. and mrs. hiddleston and the one who want to lay on a floor with him. I'm not going to post all of this pics beacuse they are easily to find on instagram. R369 yes it was a typo, there she is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373July 1, 2018 1:41 PM

See, allowing garbage like this is why his career is stalled and his contemporaries are moving onward and upward, except for Fassbender. Be kind to your fans, but draw the line in the sand and don't play the reindeer games with them.

Is he hard up for money? I know you can make upwards and past $100,000 in a weekend for some celebrities, but are these cringe photos worth it? What casting agent, director, producer or studio executive looks at that and wants to set up a meeting about anything remotely serious? If he needs the income, then do what you have to do, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 374July 2, 2018 12:38 AM

To be fair R33 that is how it's referred to in the UK, by the french name, at least in my experience.

by Anonymousreply 375July 2, 2018 12:44 AM

He’s not gay, it’s just one tinhat frau who keeps pushing some weird fantasy that he’s dating Luke.

His career is basically over. He could perhaps do stage. He’s randomly showing up all over London looking like the yeti and always wearing the same ill-fitting suit.

by Anonymousreply 376July 3, 2018 2:05 AM

R376

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377July 12, 2018 5:43 PM

He's watching the wimbledon men's final right now.His besties Benedict&Eddie are there too and they're sitting together.Tom is not with them,a bit odd.

by Anonymousreply 378July 15, 2018 2:20 PM

Looks like Eddie is no longer he's bestie.

by Anonymousreply 379July 15, 2018 10:53 PM

Here is a photo of him at Wimbledon. He’s sort of unkempt looking to me. I don’t really follow him much. Maybe it’s his normal look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380July 16, 2018 2:54 AM

Seats are assigned so he didn’t have any choice where to sit. He moved to sit next to Eddie for the doubles match which was quieter.

by Anonymousreply 381July 16, 2018 10:43 AM

But does he warsh?

by Anonymousreply 382July 16, 2018 11:42 AM

Looking depressed as always.

by Anonymousreply 383July 16, 2018 2:14 PM

Well finally something that can be discuss. His new role in a short film. Whole 10 seconds. I must say it's a bit ironic to see him in this video. I mean knowing his level of thirst and looking back at his antics he's wannabe a lady killer, pussy hound, macho men, at the same time prince charming, gentelman and internet precious boyfriend, angel that must be protected and now this project. I don't know. Is this he's new pr persona, serious actor and feminist?

He did a following interview in which he said that he work only with 5 femal directors. But it's not true because he worked with 8. I wonder why he reduce this number. We all know that he has an excellent memory. Also the posters at the end, mary ploppins, hahaha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384August 2, 2018 9:52 AM

^^^^^ Let's discuss his ten seconds in a short? His Hollywood career is kaput. He'll go back to theatre and that will be the sad end to Hiddleston. RIP Here Lies Tom Hiddleston, killed by a fauxmance.

by Anonymousreply 385August 14, 2018 5:33 AM

Maybe he’s started a new life as a pro-dom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386August 14, 2018 7:54 AM

I think he's over. Ever since the Jimmy Saville case in England I view celebrities who brag about their charity work differently. They are usually using it as cover or just good PR. I no longer see it as a sign of goodness.

by Anonymousreply 387August 14, 2018 8:11 AM

Nice package.....................

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388August 14, 2018 9:27 AM

Even this thread is dead, just like his career. No amount of spanking tea is going to help him R386, but is always fun to read those tweets :)

by Anonymousreply 389August 19, 2018 11:26 AM

His shit with Taylor killed his career DEAD. He's probably only getting offers for Midsomer Murders and C list UK movies. He wanted to be a STARH. I swear those cons mentioned upthread are so he can make money and get some love from his fans because Hollywood aint sending any his way!

by Anonymousreply 390August 19, 2018 7:04 PM

So what? That's not the end of the world. He will find something else to occupy his life. There are no losers or winners in life, in the end you will kick the bucket regardless of what you are.

by Anonymousreply 391August 20, 2018 7:35 PM

He's descended from serious money and privilege on his mother's side, his father is a self-made millionaire, and Tom himself has a Cambridge education and all the money he's made from acting in the last 10 years. He's a lot better off than most people.

He'll probably reemerge in another year or two with a prestige TV series or an indie film he wrote/directed. He'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 392August 20, 2018 8:37 PM

R392

I agree, he should work behind camera. His education should help him write a good enough script/adaptation.

by Anonymousreply 393August 20, 2018 8:48 PM

He died. I saw it with my own peepers in The Latest Guardians of the Avengers movie.

by Anonymousreply 394August 20, 2018 8:54 PM

His blend of stupidness and intelligence baffles me. How can anyone be so perceptive and yet so immature at the same time? He needs to go to therapy. Which is strange since he seems to come from a normal family. And his management and PR team has always been awful. Which is sad. He does have talent.

by Anonymousreply 395August 21, 2018 6:54 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396August 21, 2018 7:21 PM

His PR team is malevolent. But I guess it's too late to save him. I liked him in Coriolanus. He does need psychotherapy.

by Anonymousreply 397August 21, 2018 8:37 PM

when did Pearce become openly gay? this pic screams

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398August 28, 2018 7:04 PM

r398 is tom hiddleston so dead that you've resurrected this thread with an article about guy pearce instead??

by Anonymousreply 399August 28, 2018 7:26 PM

Mark Gatiss said that Tom wasn't gay

by Anonymousreply 400August 28, 2018 8:27 PM

Because Tom shares the most intimate details of his life with Mark Gatiss?

by Anonymousreply 401August 29, 2018 12:12 PM

Well, evidently Lee Pace shares his stuff with Ian McKellen. *cough* I think Gatiss knows Tom better than you, me and all people on this site combined.

by Anonymousreply 402August 29, 2018 6:51 PM

R385 I just find it hilarious and ironic that he get so much praise from his stans, when any other actor could take up this tiny role. Let me just quote one: "I feel protected that my favorite person is real Feminist! A super handsome beautiful talented kind man is a Feminist it can't b more perfect". Hahahahahaah girl please. R397 why do I feel like he's PR team consist of only one person aka Luke? I don't know how old he is, around 30? But he look like a silly kid. Youtubers and Instagram models are doing better job. And now a small riddle for you all. One of this men is 65 and one of them is 37. Guess which one is older.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403September 7, 2018 9:01 PM

[quote]when did Pearce become openly gay? this pic screams

He’s 51 now. Time to get some dick if he wants it.

by Anonymousreply 404September 7, 2018 9:16 PM

So now he's doing awards and fashion shows. He went to NYFW Ralph Lauren (and sit next to Kanye West also talked to Blake Lively). Is it because he's attached to a new project? Fashionista Tom mode on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405September 13, 2018 11:33 PM

So what? The guy is old news. It's time to move on to something tastier.

by Anonymousreply 406September 14, 2018 6:43 PM

He is officially over.

[quote] Disney is bringing in more of its big guns for its upcoming streaming service. The studio is developing a number of standalone series centered on key supporting characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe — most notably Tom Hiddleston‘s antihero Loki, Variety reports.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407September 20, 2018 3:22 AM

What a bizarre choice.

by Anonymousreply 408September 20, 2018 9:03 AM

I can see why he'd consider a Loki series: He needs to build his fanbase again, and the longer running time of a series means his fans have more time to see him and get invested again. Also, it probably pays better than stage or some indie flick, and Loki IS his marquee character.

He could do worse.

by Anonymousreply 409September 20, 2018 6:08 PM

He's to old to play Loki, come on... what a waste of time. Well I guess his not as rich as people here assume. Time to earn some money.

by Anonymousreply 410September 23, 2018 10:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411October 3, 2018 8:34 PM

Not exactly, but he's totally dead on the inside

by Anonymousreply 412October 3, 2018 8:37 PM

He’s hot as Loki but not as Tom. I don’t know why.

English men always seem to go for nondescript brunettes, which is refreshing.

by Anonymousreply 413October 3, 2018 8:50 PM

It's the strict-nanny fetish. A hard-faced harpy to boss them around and spank them with they're naughty is all most posh blokes really want. Look how well Cumberbatch has done since hooking up with Sophie Hunter, (who also looks like Cumberbatch's twin, so his narcissism is also satisfied: I don't care what the Cumberbitches say, he will never, ever divorce her).

If Tom could only find the domme (or dom) of his dreams, he might be able to pull his life together and get his career back. I'm very sad that the rumors about him and Susannah Lipscomb turned out to be bullshit. She could have been his Sophie Hunter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414October 3, 2018 9:17 PM

R414 she was a reporter and not a hook-up. Because he’s gay.

by Anonymousreply 415October 4, 2018 12:37 AM

And what evidence is there that he’s gay?

by Anonymousreply 416October 4, 2018 1:40 AM

R416 He dated Taylor Swift .

by Anonymousreply 417October 4, 2018 8:38 PM

Dr. Suzannah Lipscomb is actually an academic and TV personality, something like a sexier Lucy Worsley.

I really like her morbid-but-fun series on the dangers of historic homes.

She's pretty, smart, educated, and just a little bit of a famewhore. She'd be perfect for Tom if she weren't already married.

And their babies would be angelic, even if they had to be conceived via IVF because he's really into dudes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418October 4, 2018 10:19 PM

What evidence is there that he’s straight, R416?

by Anonymousreply 419October 4, 2018 11:12 PM

A good guy. Totally clueless about showbiz workings. Bad management from the get-go. What a pity. He should make his Shakespeare, it is his calling but he runs away from it.

by Anonymousreply 420October 19, 2018 8:34 PM

so the woman from the article R411 is he's stalker. I don't know what is wrong with this guy, he's literally feeding the crazies. One day he will wake up in his own bed with this woman or another benign fan holding a knife next to his throat. Also he did another Con with a hole next in his jeans next to his crotch. Wow not only his fans are cringey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421October 31, 2018 1:34 PM

That's not normal. Such disregard to one's appearances.

by Anonymousreply 422November 1, 2018 8:05 PM

Most of his fans still think of him as “nice” It is “available for them” because “rumours of hook ups with fans”. So they frame gay rumours as “conspirancy theories” to “ignored” of which they dont care (because its impossible he is gay if he hook ups with fans) Hetero For their female eyes only. They post pics of him with holes in his jeans and wonder “how to dress” for his $645 comic cons pics together

by Anonymousreply 423November 6, 2018 11:20 AM

And now our resident Tom Hiddleston is Gay troll has bumped up another thread in which 90% of the posts are her talking to herself. We can see every post you've made honey. Give it up. He's never going to fuck you either.

by Anonymousreply 424November 6, 2018 12:21 PM

Highly likely he prefers men to any women, not my fault!

by Anonymousreply 425November 12, 2018 7:13 AM

What's happened with his career? Benadryl Cucumber is uglier than him, but he has a career.

by Anonymousreply 426November 12, 2018 11:31 AM

Nothing has happened to his career. He's in a Pinter play (Betrayal revival) next spring in London, just announced a tv series. This thread is just infested by DL's resident part-time internet troll/full-time Tom Hiddleston hater.

by Anonymousreply 427November 15, 2018 4:24 PM

R427, please stop embarrassing yourself. You are the only one invested in this man to envoke emitions of hate or love.

News link to this new series?

by Anonymousreply 428November 15, 2018 11:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!