Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chris Cuomo Moving to Prime Time

The trial run of his more opinion based show was successful. He will compete directly with Maddow and Hannity. He will be replaced on New Day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143July 5, 2018 7:59 PM

With Conor Lamb in Congress and Chris in Prime Time, it's a great time to be gay

by Anonymousreply 1March 14, 2018 3:51 PM

He could be on there shirtless every night and I still wouldn’t watch him over Rachel Maddow.

by Anonymousreply 2March 14, 2018 3:54 PM

I have long preferred Chris over Rachel. Though currently I watch them both.

by Anonymousreply 3March 14, 2018 3:57 PM

[quote]He could be on there shirtless every night and I still wouldn’t watch him over Rachel Maddow.

It's a plot by the right-wing. They seek to divide and then conquer us!

by Anonymousreply 4March 14, 2018 3:57 PM

Thanks but no thanks. Maddow every time.

by Anonymousreply 5March 14, 2018 3:57 PM

Yea I'll take Chris. As liberal as Rachel and eye candy. I like Rachel a lot and still will but I don't love the topics she chooses often. If she had the producers of Chris Hayes show I'd probably think it was perfect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 14, 2018 4:02 PM

The wildly attractive have life so much better, don't they?

by Anonymousreply 7March 14, 2018 4:07 PM

Most of Congress and most CEO's are fug. And I have seen some very hot people at McDonald's

by Anonymousreply 8March 14, 2018 4:08 PM

He's a moron. He will not stop talking, so, of course, someone realized he wants his own show. He interrupts everyone. During that last hurricane, he said God and prayer so many times if it had been a drinking game I would've died from alcohol poisoning. He would "ask" people standing out in gale force winds a question by making statements about what was happening them and asking them to confirm it. Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 9March 14, 2018 4:16 PM

How important are these shows. Prime time news cable viewers aren't even 1% of the number of people who voted in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 10March 14, 2018 4:17 PM

I have a feeling that David Gregory is going to get Chris's morning show job.

by Anonymousreply 11March 14, 2018 4:20 PM

I like David Gregory but I don't think he will have chemistry will Allyson. New Day will never be the same

by Anonymousreply 12March 14, 2018 4:22 PM

[quote]He could be on there shirtless every night and I still wouldn’t watch him over Rachel Maddow.

What if Rachel were shirtless?

by Anonymousreply 13March 14, 2018 4:24 PM

[quote]He will not stop talking, so, of course, someone realized he wants his own show. He interrupts everyone.

He'll never be a success that way.

by Anonymousreply 14March 14, 2018 4:24 PM

If he is smart he will find a reason to be shirtless for a least part of one of the early episodes. Only way he can pull viewers from Maddow

by Anonymousreply 15March 14, 2018 4:30 PM

Does Maddow have a bf?

by Anonymousreply 16March 14, 2018 4:37 PM

Who will be his co-host? That Kellyanne Conway gal?

Cuomo won't last because he's sold into the shtick. His argument with the blonde gal was good television the first and second time but then it became old. Cuomo feels that he has to pick an argument with opposition. He's done it so often now that it just doesn't come across as genuine television to me. It's old and contrived. It's like these reality shows--SCRIPTED!

Rachel, on the other hand, (whether you like it or not), builds a story and connects the past to the present. I like that. I have learned a lot by her doing that.

by Anonymousreply 17March 14, 2018 4:38 PM

[quote]How important are these shows.

My aunts and uncles, all of whom are in their 60s, seem to like them. They also like those morning shows like Today and the other ones, whatever they're called.

by Anonymousreply 18March 14, 2018 4:40 PM

I love that Chris feuds with his guests. It's real and authentic. He also interacts with both fans and critics over twitter. What Rachel does is easy. Just do a rant on your views with no one to challenge you. Chris brings on people who will push back against him.

by Anonymousreply 19March 14, 2018 4:45 PM

I hate how Cuomo talks down to the audience, as if they're children. Plus, he's a slow-talker, which makes him sound stupid.

by Anonymousreply 20March 14, 2018 4:46 PM

[quote]if it had been a drinking game I would've died from alcohol poisoning.

Pity it wasn't a drinking game, no?

by Anonymousreply 21March 14, 2018 4:47 PM

His ego is going to be even bigger now? Great.

Generally I agree with his (aggressively obvious!) viewpoint, but he’s so obnoxious and interrupts everyone. His arguments are less about facts and more about browbeating anyone who disagrees. Maybe that makes him “passionate”, but I don’t think his technique is very refined. He’s the other side of the Trump coin. A real blowhard who cannot just present or point out the facts. He’s hysterical.

Wow. I guess I really don’t like this guy.

by Anonymousreply 22March 14, 2018 4:48 PM

John Berman is the new co-host of New Day.

by Anonymousreply 23March 14, 2018 4:50 PM

R19 makes a good point. Rachel never does have guests unless it’s a sure thing they’ll say what she wants to hear.

Although it does seem he brings opposing viewpoints so he can swing his dick in their faces. And I hate that I usually agree with him, just wish he could use his fine motor skills when making his point, instead of hulk-smashing his opponents. It’s very Trumpian.

by Anonymousreply 24March 14, 2018 4:52 PM

[quote]I love that Chris feuds with his guests. It's real and authentic.

Maybe to you. I just look at it as shtick to get ratings. I do love how he challenges these people and their lies but it's all overdone. Like I said, when he did it once or twice with the bitch Kellyanne Conway it was news. But now, they have her on every week and it's a 20 minute argument of who can out argue who. I don't have time for that.

by Anonymousreply 25March 14, 2018 4:52 PM

[quote]he brings opposing viewpoints so he can swing his dick in their faces

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 26March 14, 2018 4:53 PM

He's from New York guys lol. Maybe I'm not put off by it because I'm also from there. But he really isn't that aggressive for one us

by Anonymousreply 27March 14, 2018 4:54 PM

R23, thanks for the info.

Not that anyone cares, but I’m okay with that choice. I really like Alisyn and will watch just for her. Hope Berman meshes well.

by Anonymousreply 28March 14, 2018 4:54 PM

[quote][R19] makes a good point. Rachel never does have guests unless it’s a sure thing they’ll say what she wants to hear.

Bullshit! Support that claim! Those who have another viewpoint... rather LIE won't come on because she won't let them LIE or allow their LIES to stand! Now, That's what is good with Cuomo too but the 20 min. argument show has gotten old...and already too!

by Anonymousreply 29March 14, 2018 4:55 PM

Cuomo is a moron who talks out of both sides of his mouth knowing he's in over his head. He has nothing on Maddow.

by Anonymousreply 30March 14, 2018 4:55 PM

I care R28. New Day was my favorite show, and not just for Chris lol. Alisyn is great, and she does mesh well with Berman, he already fills in for Chris often.

by Anonymousreply 31March 14, 2018 4:56 PM

Ya I will take Chris. Hopefully he does a Fitness segment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 14, 2018 5:04 PM

Maddow may be able to weave a good story, but she's not the most accurate.

(Cue the hysteria!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 14, 2018 5:04 PM

Chris is an annoying idiot. This will make Rachel's viewership increase.

by Anonymousreply 34March 14, 2018 5:06 PM

It's very easy to do what Rachel does, write and read a rant. Much harder to engage with people like Chris.

by Anonymousreply 35March 14, 2018 5:07 PM

Is Chris gay? Be a shame to waste such a beautiful body on a woman.

by Anonymousreply 36March 14, 2018 5:08 PM

Is Chris white adjacent?

by Anonymousreply 37March 14, 2018 5:12 PM

He's married with kids R36? He LOVES to gay bait though. And I'd be surprised if he hasn't tried our team even once

by Anonymousreply 38March 14, 2018 5:16 PM

As long as they leave my sexy Don Lemon on for two hours every night I don't care.

Chris' confrontational style brings in ratings.

by Anonymousreply 39March 14, 2018 5:19 PM

[quote]And I'd be surprised if he hasn't tried our team even once

He's Italian. Of course he has.

by Anonymousreply 40March 14, 2018 5:20 PM

[quote]As long as they leave my sexy Don Lemon on for two hours every night I don't care.

UGH!

by Anonymousreply 41March 14, 2018 5:21 PM

This is a natural spot for Cuomo. He's far too aggressive and alpha to share a stage at 6am. Prime time's just right for him. Now if he'll just learn to shut up and not talk over his guests he'll do well.

by Anonymousreply 42March 14, 2018 5:23 PM

The opening credits should show Cuomo getting dressed for work. Kind of like how Mr Rogers’ Neighborhood opened with Fred putting on his cardigan and singing a little tune.

Chris should hum “Everything’s Coming Up Roses” while he steps out of the shower and gets dressed for his big show. The camera could linger on his naked chest while Chris grooms his eyebrows, dabs lightening cream under his eyes, etc.

I’d tune in. And then when he’s dressed, I’d switch over to Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 43March 14, 2018 5:23 PM

Is Anderson going to another time slot?

by Anonymousreply 44March 14, 2018 5:23 PM

R44 His two hour time slot is just being reduced to one hour. Probably for the best regardless of Cuomo. a one hour show will be more focused. Cuomo was already basically a partisan opinion host (in a good way) so he is better in this slot.

CNN weeknight lineup was designed for gays. Anderson into Cuomo into Lemon

by Anonymousreply 45March 14, 2018 5:25 PM

Not to get OT, but people expecting Rachel to engage in screaming matches with Republicans don’t understand the goal of her show. Check out CNN for those “crossfire” style shows.

by Anonymousreply 46March 14, 2018 5:28 PM

r41, you have a problem? Get it off your chest gurl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 14, 2018 5:29 PM

LOL r43

by Anonymousreply 48March 14, 2018 5:30 PM

R46 I get you don't have to be as confrontational as Chris. But at least have other liberals on the show who come at things different. Watching Rachel feels like a college lecture sometimes. If her delivery wasn't flawless every night I'd long have tuned out

by Anonymousreply 49March 14, 2018 5:30 PM

When huffpost calls you out...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 14, 2018 5:35 PM

I love Chris but would rather if we didn't turn this thread into a Rachel hate thread. It will draw trolls and deplorables here. All liberal programming is good programming.

by Anonymousreply 51March 14, 2018 5:37 PM

It should have been T.J. Holmes

I've met Lemon on a few occasions. He just does nothing for me. Also, I've never really seen him "journalist". He's slept with someone (and probably got advice from Anderson) to get to where he is now. But, the big difference is that I have seen Anderson "journalist".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 14, 2018 5:37 PM

This is great news! I love Chris and Rachel and will enjoy going back and forth.

And now I don't have to wake up early to get my dose of Chris. Though I'll miss Alyson very much.

by Anonymousreply 53March 14, 2018 5:40 PM

I hate morning tv, but usually watch CNN just for Cuomo and Camerota. They have good chemistry and both have clear viewpoints.

John Berman is a total milquetoast. The way he sits there with his pursed lips and arms crossed at the wrists makes him look like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 54March 14, 2018 5:47 PM

I disagree, r51, if you are liberal and are still spinning stories in today's post truth environment then you deserve as much scorn as a Hannity or O'Reilly. Even moreso because our side is supposed to uphold the truth. So, no, all liberal programming is not good programming. Those that stretch the truth make it worse for everyone else. They make it easy for the "fake news" label to stick.

I'll watch Chris Cuomo because he is way more truthful. And for that alone he deserves viewers.

by Anonymousreply 55March 14, 2018 5:49 PM

[quote]They make it easy for the "fake news" label to stick.

First of all, you're helping the "fake news" label stick by using that term. IT'S CALLED A LIE and more than one stringed together are called LIES!!!

Let me say this... (and OP, I got your message, honey and I'm not going to take it there), no matter what you say about Rachel Maddow, if she was wrong, the unwashed right-wing would be all over her and up her ass! Given that they have tried, and she has fought back, and shut them down, only shows how good and what a professional she truly is. Can she be wrong and make a mistake? Sure! But, she's on top of that when it happens too.

Now, back to C2 and his show which is already heading for failure...

by Anonymousreply 56March 14, 2018 5:57 PM

Are they getting rid of Camerota as well? I actually just started liking her. I think it's her hairstyle that was bothering me. She looks like a middle school teacher sometimes, and sitting next to Cuomo who is this muscular beast was just visually strange. Berman will look better next to her.

I still think Don Lemon would be great in the morning time, but I wouldn't get to see him as much. They totally could've offered him Matt Lauer's job on TODAY

by Anonymousreply 57March 14, 2018 6:04 PM

Fine, r56, if you want to call it that. She LIES. And she LIES a lot. She spins stories that have no backup. The Niger story was debunked with a map.

Cuomo debunks his guests. Maddox is debunked.

by Anonymousreply 58March 14, 2018 6:08 PM

Alysin is staying on New with Berman as her co host now. I love her. I agree Berman is boring, but he's cute and has good chemistry with Alisyn. That's enough for me. I did feel bad that she was in Cuomo's shadow. She will be the leading personality of New Day now so happy for her.

Lemon would be a fool to leave CNN for TODAY. He is prized at CNN, a very mellow and happy workplace. The Today show set on the other hand is a den of vicious jackals.

by Anonymousreply 59March 14, 2018 6:08 PM

[quote]Are they getting rid of Camerota as well? I actually just started liking her.

She had to step up her game after C2 was getting a lot of press for his on-camera fights. The C2 on camera fights became just too much for me. I just tend to switch the channel now whenever he starts to go into his act.

by Anonymousreply 60March 14, 2018 6:08 PM

Honestly Alysin could be as fiery as Chris when she was in the mood. Kellyanne made her skin crawl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61March 14, 2018 6:13 PM

Cuomo should do his show shirtless if he wants to get a lot of viewers. I devote 9 PM to Rachel but I'll dvr him and watch on delay.

lmfao @ Anderson being reduced to 1 hour. It's very necessary as he's just too vanilla and boring. Other than giggle, he doesn't show much personality. Only occasionally does he show any type of fire, like when he shut Kellyanne Conway down in interviews. Usually he's bland

by Anonymousreply 62March 14, 2018 6:27 PM

R52 could you please elaborate a lot on the times you met Don? What was he like and why don't you like him? did you meet randomly or through mutual acquaintances?

by Anonymousreply 63March 14, 2018 6:30 PM

@R63, I last saw and spoke to him at the TMPL opening party. Prior to that we've chatted a bit at fundraisers. One fundraiser was for Ali Forney. I can't remember what the other one was for. He's my height 5' 9" and I'd say 155-165lbs. When we first met he approached me. I think he was curious because I was not fan struck by him. There are very few people who I am fan struck over. He has a job and I have a job is how I see it.

But, (and I'll admit that I don't know his work that well), I don't ever recall him doing any type of news reporting or investigative reporting. I don't recall him ever doing a special report, etc. To me, he was the other Black guy on CNN. I thought T.J. Holmes was much cuter and much more "journalist". I never really paid any attention to Lemon until he said that he was molested as a child and I believe that was when he publicly came out of the closet? Anyway... I'm not a real fan of his. I can take him or leave him. I hate these panel things that he does. In fairness, that's what it seems like that is all that they do on CNN now.

by Anonymousreply 64March 14, 2018 7:08 PM

I would have liked to have seen Dave Riggs promoted to hosting with Alisyn. He's dorky and likable. Watching Camerota and Berman is like watching the school principal with the secretary that he's banging.

by Anonymousreply 65March 14, 2018 7:13 PM

R64 was he friendly to you? Did you feel he was trying to flirt?

by Anonymousreply 66March 14, 2018 7:15 PM

Dave is a cutie for sure R65. Would not mind him in the morning at all. And he's a Fox convert like Camerota so they would probably get along.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 14, 2018 7:16 PM

Oh, he was friendly R66. I didn't think hat he was trying to be flirty. As I wrote, I thought that he was somewhat curious to learn who I was because I was not starry-eyed over him.

by Anonymousreply 68March 14, 2018 7:24 PM

R68 have you met Anderson or any other news personalities? Jason Carroll? Mike Woods? Gio Benitez?

by Anonymousreply 69March 14, 2018 7:30 PM

LOL! Oh... I've met Anderson...

The others? Nope. OH! yeah... I've met the FOX guy...

by Anonymousreply 70March 14, 2018 7:36 PM

R 64 - you admit you don't know Lemon's work that well yet you are willing to jump to the conclusion he slept with someone to get his job?

You could at least have the decency to check his wikipedia entry before jumping to conclusions.

by Anonymousreply 71March 14, 2018 7:52 PM

Oh goodness... I've unleashed the Queen(s). Sorry, R71. That's my MO and what I do. I have to take very little and reach a conclusion quickly. Can I be wrong? Yep! But, rarely am I ever wrong with my snap conclusions.

by Anonymousreply 72March 14, 2018 8:03 PM

R65 his name is Dave Briggs, not Dave Riggs. It is amazing how both Dave Briggs and Camerota use to be on Fox and Friends weekend and were very conservative in their opinions but now that they are on CNN they are both quite moderate.

I like them both but it just makes them seem so fake, I just don't know if they were being fake then or now.

by Anonymousreply 73March 14, 2018 8:58 PM

He's doing the entire show while he sits on my face.

by Anonymousreply 74March 14, 2018 9:04 PM

Is R74 Jeff Zucker?

by Anonymousreply 75March 14, 2018 9:09 PM

Alisyn Camera is so much better than Mika on Morning Joe. Alisyn is well-informed on the issues and actually has an opinion of her own. Mika can't blink without first getting Joe's approval.

The team of Alisyn and Chris was a whole lot of Italian in the morning. I swear I saw them both eating a bowl of pasta while reading the news one morning. They both loved their espresso.

by Anonymousreply 76March 14, 2018 9:17 PM

r41/r52 = Anderson

by Anonymousreply 77March 14, 2018 9:20 PM

Firm pecs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78March 14, 2018 9:53 PM

[quote]I have to take very little and reach a conclusion quickly. Can I be wrong? Yep! But, rarely am I ever wrong with my snap conclusions.

Well in that case we should be able to use very little to make a conclusion about you, and my conclusion is that you sound like a hater. You may not intended to come off that way, but that's how you sound.

Did you ever consider that he might have been genuinely curious about you? Because you already had your prejudices about him, (without even knowing about his work or how he got to where he is) you could never find out. Your behavior is typical of many gay men though. I'm sure he won't spend too much time speaking with you if you run into each other again.

by Anonymousreply 79March 14, 2018 9:57 PM

Chris Cuomo is entirely unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 80March 14, 2018 10:29 PM

Chris is unbelievably sexy. I'd pay to watch him paint his garage. Of course I'm gonna watch his show

by Anonymousreply 81March 14, 2018 11:44 PM

R70 so in person who did you like more-Don or Anderson?

by Anonymousreply 82March 14, 2018 11:50 PM

R76 I would never even compare Alysin and Mika. Alysin is informed and all class. Mika is a reactionary actress. Alysin and Chris in the morning is the only live TV I watch. They really seem like brother and sister. Remember Michaela? She was great too!

by Anonymousreply 83March 15, 2018 12:46 AM

I don't think it would be a fair comparison, R82. I know Anderson on more of a social level whereas I have only run into Don. I don't hate Don Lemon. I'm just not a fan of his or does he engage me with his program. I've never questioned his curiosity about me. Maybe he was. Maybe he wasn't. But, I did get the feeling that it interested him that I was not star struck by him.

by Anonymousreply 84March 15, 2018 12:55 AM

Gratuitous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85March 15, 2018 1:01 AM

Alisyn Camerota is 51 years old, I had no idea she was that old, she looks good.

by Anonymousreply 86March 15, 2018 1:16 AM

Who is he replacing?

by Anonymousreply 87March 15, 2018 1:53 AM

He's cutting Anderson Cooper short R87

by Anonymousreply 88March 15, 2018 1:56 AM

that's been done to death r88

by Anonymousreply 89March 15, 2018 1:58 AM

Isn’t Cuomo a father? Why is he posting beefcake and workout shots? Sad, pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 90March 15, 2018 2:02 AM

Cuomo used to have a strange sexual chemistry with Sam Champion on Good Morning America

by Anonymousreply 91March 15, 2018 2:03 AM

[quote]Isn’t Cuomo a father? Why is he posting beefcake and workout shots?

To attract the gays and a younger audience. This means ratings. He's probably the hunkiest newscaster on TV now.

by Anonymousreply 92March 15, 2018 2:05 AM

He posts it because that's what we like R90 lol

by Anonymousreply 93March 15, 2018 2:05 AM

Ooooooooo R91 Any choice moments? Or clips?

by Anonymousreply 94March 15, 2018 2:05 AM

What if Chris is having an affair with Ben and that's what caused the breakup between Anderson and Ben? I bet that's what happened.

by Anonymousreply 95March 15, 2018 2:41 AM

I want to massage his feet with A1 Thick and Hearty Steak Sauce.

by Anonymousreply 96March 15, 2018 3:28 AM

I loathe that self-centered, insufferable Leo so much.

by Anonymousreply 97March 15, 2018 3:32 AM

He is getting really buff for a 47 year old father. (I smell a divorce coming up soon.)

by Anonymousreply 98March 15, 2018 4:14 AM

R72 - Now I understand. You don't actually know anything. You prefer ad hominem attacks to facts. You can't admit you're wrong.

Who's the queen?

by Anonymousreply 99March 15, 2018 4:35 AM

I haven't watched Cuomo since he left GMA. He and Sam Champion the weatherman had quite the bromance going on back in the day. What was that, 10 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 100March 15, 2018 4:45 AM

I can't stand Cuomo. He's smart, you can't deny it, but what a blow hard. I was really hoping he'd get the eight pm slot so I could watch AC after my work out. I actually don't think AC is very good on air... he's been doing it for twenty years and still stumbles like he's the intern they threw on camera because the host had a heart attack thirty seconds before air... but he doesn't get in the way of the program like Cuomo or Don and I find his panels the best quality of any offered on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 101March 17, 2018 3:07 PM

He's vapid.

He literally said "thoughts and prayers" to the owner of the dog that flew to Japan, while the dog was seated contently next to the owner at home.

by Anonymousreply 102March 17, 2018 4:18 PM

You will never learn about the 1849 California Gold Rush and its implications for the 2018 mid-term elections from a Chris Cuomo show.

by Anonymousreply 103March 17, 2018 4:25 PM

I like Chris Cuoma however, I also like the discussion and debate of the day's topics. Cuomo's penchant for long drawn-out interviews with one person doesn't always interest me.

by Anonymousreply 104March 17, 2018 5:01 PM

Chris is ugly like his daddy and brother.

by Anonymousreply 105March 17, 2018 5:33 PM

Chris Cuomo is like the liberal, male version of Megyn Kelly.

A nice body, questionable intelligence, loves to be argumentative and hear himself talk.

by Anonymousreply 106March 17, 2018 6:11 PM

I find him unattractive. Not a fan of Don Lemon either.

by Anonymousreply 107March 17, 2018 6:24 PM

It's Chris' aggressiveness with guests and running his show that appeals to me. He's like the white male version of Joy Reid, who I also love. Except Chris dresses better.

by Anonymousreply 108March 17, 2018 7:34 PM

Chris probably does what my brother does: secures some valuable “me time” away from the wife and kids at the gym. The wife complains when the husband hides out in a bar or man cave but doesn’t complain when he spends time at the gym.

by Anonymousreply 109March 17, 2018 7:40 PM

Makes sense R109 The wife gets to enjoy the fruits of that alone time

by Anonymousreply 110March 17, 2018 9:07 PM

Fruits

by Anonymousreply 111March 17, 2018 10:18 PM

He's the male Megan McCain.

by Anonymousreply 112March 17, 2018 10:20 PM

R108 and R112, how is he like the male version of Joy Reid and Meghan McCain?? He has a tight, worked-out body, unlike either of those chubs.

by Anonymousreply 113March 17, 2018 10:26 PM

R108 he may be aggressive in interviews but I don't like that he's buddy-buddy with some of the controversial ones. He said he's known Kellyanne Conway for a long time and he took a selfie with Scaramucci recently. I don't want the anchors being friends with people like this. I don't care if Kellyanne and Scaramucci are nice people outside of politics-what they're willing to do for a paycheck is despicable and they should be shunned

by Anonymousreply 114March 17, 2018 10:59 PM

[quote] I don't want the anchors being friends with people like this. I don't care if Kellyanne and Scaramucci are nice people outside of politics-what they're willing to do for a paycheck is despicable and they should be shunned

I agree with you here! It's as if they have no principles. They only care about the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 115March 17, 2018 11:02 PM

Scaramucci only wants a taste of Cuomo's big Italian salami.

by Anonymousreply 116March 17, 2018 11:04 PM

[quote]he may be aggressive in interviews but I don't like that he's buddy-buddy with some of the controversial ones. He said he's known Kellyanne Conway for a long time and he took a selfie with Scaramucci recently.

So this. His buddy buddy with the wretched Kelly Anne is particularly nauseating to me. Same with any of them that all like avengers on the air and party with their subjects off it. That's not cultivating sources, that's sucking up.

by Anonymousreply 117March 17, 2018 11:06 PM

I don't blame Chris much for that. Or any person. Humans are instinctively social creatures. It is human nature to become fond of anyone you spend a lot of time around. It's more subconscious than anything I think. Look at lawmakers, the most liberal ones still end up with multiple republican friends, just because of physical proximity. Chris puts a lot of effort into making the world a more accepting, equitable place, so I don't blame him too much for who he spends his personal time with

by Anonymousreply 118March 17, 2018 11:15 PM

I wonder if Chris likes to take his penis out like Matt Lauer.

(hey interns...take a picture!!!)

by Anonymousreply 119March 17, 2018 11:20 PM

Will he be able to criticize POTUS 46 Andrew Cuomo in 2020? it's not like the morning show where he had a co-host who who interview Andrew whenever he's on CNN

by Anonymousreply 120March 17, 2018 11:21 PM

Cuomo is neutral..He debates with liberals as much as he debates with deplorables

by Anonymousreply 121March 17, 2018 11:41 PM

You could say he's fair and balanced r121.

Oh wait. Somebody already got that saying.

by Anonymousreply 122March 17, 2018 11:42 PM

That's bull R121 he is ferocious with conservatives. He sometimes struggles to keep himself calm. With liberals he just goes through "challenging" questions with a bored, impassive expression. Wolf Blitzer-esque

by Anonymousreply 123March 17, 2018 11:46 PM

I'd like to see him and Jake Tapper make out.

by Anonymousreply 124March 17, 2018 11:48 PM

R123 that's because conservatives lie even about the most obvious stuff. R120 good point. If Andrew ever won, I guess Chris would have to get resign to take a job at the white house a la Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 125March 17, 2018 11:54 PM

His ratings were no better than Anderson's during the trial period. I'm not sure what they're getting out of the change, maybe they want someone more forceful and not as laid back? I liked the calmness of Anderson, Cuomo's ok but he does the bogus 'both sides' stuff too much for me.

by Anonymousreply 126March 17, 2018 11:57 PM

Anderson is being phased out

by Anonymousreply 127March 18, 2018 12:06 AM

I thought Jake Tapper was the hot guy on CNN, why didn't he get the slot?

by Anonymousreply 128March 18, 2018 12:07 AM

Jake Crapper is fug, and in no way hotter than Cuomo.

by Anonymousreply 129March 18, 2018 12:12 AM

I didn't mean looks-wise, Tapper gets a lot of press these days for taking on the right and the left and being a truth teller. He's ok when he goes after Trump but he also is anti-Hillary/Obama and heaps self-serving praise on their detractors like the awful Nina Turner.

by Anonymousreply 130March 18, 2018 12:21 AM

Who else at CNN is a tough interviewer on deplorables/Drumpf associates?

by Anonymousreply 131March 18, 2018 12:26 AM

But, (for me, anyway), that has been my point in postings earlier,R131. Cuomo is no longer coming across as genuine to me. It comes across as shtick. It's "lights, camera, action!" and then his primary objective is to pick a fight. What has happened, (in my opinion), is that facts are getting lost because the goal is just to provide good television. "Who can get the better of who"

Our democracy is indeed under attack now. You have, (once again, in my opinion), too many people that are interested in self promotion rather than patriotism and doing what's right to fight for the soul of our country.

by Anonymousreply 132March 18, 2018 12:36 AM

So you mean the media is biased and fake?

Just like Trump has been saying?

by Anonymousreply 133March 18, 2018 12:41 AM

Anderson Cooper always said he thought reporters shouldn't be hanging out with politicians or pundits. He never went to that Correspondent Awards show or whatever it is they do in D.C. with the president.

by Anonymousreply 134March 18, 2018 12:42 AM

[quote]So you mean the media is biased and fake? Just like Trump has been saying?

If anything we all should be dropping to our knees and thanking God for a free press--especially since the republicans have shown that they're not going to do shit! But, this isn't to say that the free press isn't without its faults.

In my opinion, the free press has yet to accept its culpability in getting Trump elected. The press was VERY hard on Clinton and at times unduly so. But, she's a big girl and that was just the hand that she was dealt. However, the press was NO WHERE NEAR as hard on Trump! All of this shit is not new. But, they didn't press him on how he financed his projects and they dropped the tax issue, etc. They didn't want to get on his bad side because he was GREAT for ratings! The biggest truth uttered was from Les Moonves, CEO of CBS, when he said (and subsequently apologized...I don't know why because he only stated his truth); "Trump may not be good for the USA but he is damn sure good for CBS!" So! That tells you where the focus was on. It wasn't doing what is best for the country. It was about doing what was best for the financial bottom line.

by Anonymousreply 135March 18, 2018 12:52 AM

those yelling panels on CNN stress me out. I can't watch.

by Anonymousreply 136March 18, 2018 12:53 AM

[quote]those yelling panels on CNN stress me out. I can't watch.

Once again, just shtick as far as I'm concerned. How does any professional stand there and let the Trump surrogates spew BLATANT lies that goes against all of the facts and yet say nothing... Then just leaves it up to the other side to do their spin. Although we should be thankful for the press it REALLY did a disservice to our country for quite a bit there.

by Anonymousreply 137March 18, 2018 12:56 AM

"I wonder if Chris likes to take his penis out like Matt Lauer."

Nah, he's a stud. Most women would be, "Three holes, no waiting" for him.

by Anonymousreply 138March 18, 2018 4:20 PM

Has anybody noticed that Don Lemon's panel of commenters is usually lower tier compared to Anderson's?

by Anonymousreply 139March 18, 2018 4:33 PM

Maybe so R139, but Don gets to keep his 2 hours and Anderson just got cut.

by Anonymousreply 140March 26, 2018 8:00 PM

It starts tonight right?

by Anonymousreply 141June 4, 2018 3:11 PM

R136, same here.

There are always people yelling in our living room (spouse is a politics junkie) and it really stresses me out.

Alisyn Camerota and Willie Geist are the only two I can stand because they’re not histrionic.

All those talking heads are like that Bar Rescue guy, or Morton Downey Jr. YELL YELL YELL.

by Anonymousreply 142June 4, 2018 7:41 PM

On the programming front , CNN New Day, which underwent a significant change recently with John Berman replacing a prime time-bound Chris Cuomo, is having its second-best Q2 on record, both among total viewers and in the key A25-54 demo. Only 2017 has been better for New Day. The same is true for The Lead with Jake Tapper, Erin Burnett Outfront, the 8 p.m. edition of Anderson Cooper 360, and CNN Tonight with Don Lemon (10 p.m.).

Cuomo Prime Time launched on June 4 averaged 1.12 million total viewers and 367,000 A25-54 for the month of June. Versus the prior four weeks, the Chris Cuomo-led program is +34 percent in total viewers and +36 percent in the key demo 25-54, but still sits third behind cable news’s signature personalities Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow.

Third. HAHA!

by Anonymousreply 143July 5, 2018 7:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!