Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Had anyone ever done a past life regression?

Although skeptical, I'm open about spiritual stuff. My boyfriend, who is from Germany, did one a couple years ago. He saw himself as a young native American woman. However, the session was conducted by an amateur hypnotist. (It was free) And his past life vision was cut short. So he couldn't gather much information from it. He now wants to try it again. Has anyone ever tried it? If you have, how was it?

by Anonymousreply 82April 24, 2018 10:52 PM

I'm willing to conduct another one in exchange for a crème brûlée.

by Anonymousreply 1March 13, 2018 8:23 AM

Past life regressions just allow people to plant ideas in your head about things that never happened. Do enough of them and you’ll believe every member of your extended family molested you when you were 11, but you “forgot” until just now. Bitch, please

by Anonymousreply 2March 13, 2018 8:39 AM

Paging Shirley Maclaines!

by Anonymousreply 3March 13, 2018 8:45 AM

Yes , and it profoundly impacted me for the better . I didn’t believe in that kind of thing at all . Yet the feelings and images were beyond normal explanation and they helped me heal .

by Anonymousreply 4March 13, 2018 9:03 AM

If you believe in this crap, you are an idiot.

It's the equivalent of a grown ass adult still believing in Santa Claus.

Grow the fuck up. There is no such thing as "past lives." We live, we die, game over.

Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 5March 13, 2018 9:07 AM

You know NOTHING about it, R5 - and it frightens you, so you get all meangurl and insulting.

[quote]grown ass adult

Good GOD- the lingo!

[quote]Grow the fuck up.

Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 6March 13, 2018 9:12 AM

Will have had anyone conquer tenses?

by Anonymousreply 7March 13, 2018 9:12 AM

I have lead them in group sessions and one on one, as well as done my own. They can be very interesting and even healing, like one poster said. I'm Wiccan and do believe in reincarnation, but the bottom line is that it doesn't matter if everything you get is absolutely true if it helps you somehow.

by Anonymousreply 8March 13, 2018 9:15 AM

Yes, that's how I learned I am gay.

by Anonymousreply 9March 13, 2018 9:17 AM

I did it a number of times - it helped me so much and helped me to heal and understand myself and my life immeasurably.

You need a very good practitioner to help you. REALLY shop around and interview them thoroughly on the phone first, it attracts very low-grade types.

Also, read up!! - books by Brian Weiss and this one by this guy are recommended.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 13, 2018 9:23 AM

There are also audio CDs (see link) - you can try it out on yourself. But it is helpful to have someone help you and guide you through the process.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 13, 2018 9:28 AM

They are awesome

by Anonymousreply 12March 13, 2018 9:39 AM

I participated in one when I was 18, I'm 44 now, and to this day I believe in what I saw. It was so real to me that I can still describe everything all these years later.

I wasn't famous or anything and it was like a snapshot into my life the last 24 hours before dying. I was not old, but died in a fire while spending the weekend with a lover. I was a woman in it.

It was maybe 1910-1930, but hard to tell as I was in a rural area.

by Anonymousreply 13March 13, 2018 10:51 AM

I have not done past life regression because, to be frank, I've had a hard enough time holding this current life together. Taking on one or more others seems overwhelming.

In 5th grade, we had to do book reports and I chose Ruth Montgomery's "A World Beyond." That's an unusual choice for a 5th grader. Even as a child, I was interested in the idea of a life other than my own. Make of that what you will.

As I look back it, my 5th grade teacher handled it well. In 6th grade I was denounced by my rock-ribbed conservative teacher during Current Events for bringing in Tallulah Bankhead's obituary. The topic was unsuitable. Tallulah was unsuitable. And I certainly got the message that I was unsuitable, too. Fuck that old woman.

I couldn't take on a second life filled with more weird episodes.

by Anonymousreply 14March 13, 2018 11:33 AM

I did one and it focused on the day I got married, sometime in the late 19th century. I was a bride and while walking down the aisle with my father looked up as two birds flew into the church. It was a strong image but no clue what it meant to my life then or now.

by Anonymousreply 15March 13, 2018 11:39 AM

The whole impetus behind any past life regression is to provide you with information on unresolved elements you have in this life. The subconscious communicates in images, metaphors, as clues to help you.

One of the simplest methods is to sit quietly, and relax yourself, focusing on each area of your body, from head to toe. When you feel relaxed, with your eyes closed, think about looking down at your feet, and notice what, if anything, you’re wearing. (Go with your first impulse that comes to mind.)

Then gradually look at what else you’re wearing. Then notice where you are located, other people around you, if any, and ensuing actions. Along with this will come various feelings, which can also assist you in determining what kind of effect this experience has in your life today.

You see, the point is to discover subconscious messages to assist you in this life. Whether these other experiences are historical is beside the point. Not everyone can have been Cleopatra. (Most of us were hardscrabble farmers, for eons...)

But the experience can be illuminating, and works even better in an organized support group setting.

by Anonymousreply 16March 13, 2018 11:58 AM

Helen Reddy used to be a practioner of this once she retired from show business. She wrote about it in her book.

by Anonymousreply 17March 13, 2018 12:00 PM

I'm really skeptical, but I've also read things that defy explanation.

I remember a case where they hypnotized some hick farm kid in Illinois, and he remembered being a French peasant and started speaking in an all but extinct French dialect. How do you explain weirdness like that?

by Anonymousreply 18March 13, 2018 12:02 PM

What a bunch of fucking morons.

by Anonymousreply 19March 13, 2018 12:22 PM

Read Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian Weiss.... I don't personally believe any of this shit, but it is a well written and convincing little book.

by Anonymousreply 20March 13, 2018 12:46 PM

Those who have done it, could you tell us what you saw? Like r13 and r15

by Anonymousreply 21March 13, 2018 12:54 PM

Saffy: And who was it you were in a previous life ? I suppose you were the Elizabeth Taylor of the Ming dynasty?

Edina: Well close, yes.

Saffy: So how come you've ended up just a mad, fat, old cow?

by Anonymousreply 22March 13, 2018 12:59 PM

That's not a real thing, OP.

by Anonymousreply 23March 13, 2018 1:54 PM

Were all gay men female in their previous lives? lol

by Anonymousreply 24March 13, 2018 2:46 PM

I have no idea if there are past lives, or if hypnotic regression can access them. I did have some extremely intense hypnotic regression sessions regarding repressed memories from earlier in this lifetime, however. The mind does what it needs to do to get through the bad stuff.

by Anonymousreply 25March 13, 2018 6:39 PM

A friend had a gathering of people so they could have regression sessions with this woman he believed in. She told me I was the Captain of the Titanic (like someone mentioned we're all Napoleans or Cleopatras) but it didn't fit right with me. I was the only one that was publicly known among the other guests though. Still... I think something like this has got to resonate deeply within you for it to be effective.

Perhaps I was such a blank slate that she felt compelled to ad lib. Whatever it was, I wasn't felling it.

by Anonymousreply 26March 13, 2018 10:03 PM

What good would it do to remember a past life assuming you had one? Remembering all the people you loved with no way to see them again, sounds like a nightmare to me.

by Anonymousreply 27March 13, 2018 10:10 PM

I’d like to update my statement, replacing “every day” with “every five minutes.” Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 28March 13, 2018 10:13 PM

I guarantee the posters filling this thread are the same ones filling the astrology threads.

PT Barnum was right.

by Anonymousreply 29March 13, 2018 10:15 PM

Why, thank you, R29.

by Anonymousreply 30March 13, 2018 10:20 PM

I wouldn’t write it off. Too many things still can’t be explained. I’m wondering about genetic memory.

Those of you ridiculing those who believe are as ignorant as anyone.

by Anonymousreply 31March 13, 2018 10:26 PM

You keep telling yourself that, R31.

by Anonymousreply 32March 13, 2018 10:28 PM

R24 Actually in Thailand they do believe that. This is also part of why they are not a particularly homophobic culture, as compared to the West.

by Anonymousreply 33March 13, 2018 10:33 PM

Had two past life regressions 40 years ago. Yes I'm bronze age. The first: Lived on an island just off the shore of Sweden and worked in a stable. 1820's-1840's. Was a nasty and unhappy man. Died of scarlet fever or TB in my early 30's. I still have a vivid recollection of seeing myself on my death bed. Sparsely furnished attic room, late summer, I sit up and start vomiting blood. I recalled the name of the town where I lived and found it on a map of Sweden: Svanesund. Actually finding the town on the map freaked my out and no I am not from a Scandinavian background.

Second time I got much less information. Lived in East Africa in what is now Kenya or Tanzania. Again I was male. Nomadic cattle herder in the 1460's-1480's. Had a very happy life and a large family. In this real or imagined culture when you got too old to move to the next camp the tribe would leave you to die or I decided this for myself. Again a vivid set of images; lying under a lean-to on the cracked hardpan earth of a drought filled landscape. Swinging my homemade crutch as a female lion grabbed my leg, pulled me out of the lean-to and proceeded to kill and eat me.

by Anonymousreply 34March 13, 2018 10:35 PM

I was very petite and small, and wore a distinct cornflower blue ladies suit, button up blacks boots (worn) and I could see the sides of my auburn hair. It was Christmas morning and I was snowed in with a large bearded man in a thick red chamois shirt. He had a very early camera and wanted to take a picture of me behind this cabin/house to prove that we couldn't have gotten to town. I posed on a piece of wood and he took two. I adjusted a metal barette in my hair, but noticed my hand was numb and I was freezing--no real coat, thin gloves--We went inside and he made a fire. We had really good sex in front of the fire and fell asleep. I was a woman, probably not a virgin. I woke to the smell of his shirt and flesh burning up. I looked up and his face was melting. We both died. Maybe we were newlyweds? We were in love.

by Anonymousreply 35March 13, 2018 11:05 PM

I just figured I was a Chinese woman who worked in the rice fields. I was very attracted to Asians when I was a young child, 4 or 5. I only saw Asians on TV, none lived close to me.

by Anonymousreply 36March 13, 2018 11:08 PM

Well r34 and r35 have convinced me to sign up for a session. Who wouldn't want 'memories' of being eaten by a lion or watching someone's face burn off?

by Anonymousreply 37March 13, 2018 11:13 PM

Has anyone ever gotten more than one past life? I'm assuming if you go to two different people then you're get two different outcomes of the same past life, time period.

by Anonymousreply 38March 13, 2018 11:18 PM

Whether or not it can be verified, r37, I woke up 5 years later (in this life) in my apartment with flames shooting up the building and the carpet and bed already melting. I ran out in black briefs and a tee and barely made it. Total loss. I would say the regression helped me through this life's fire. My partner at the time worked nights and wasn't home, but it was a strange ordeal. I was so happy just to have lived. The fire started below me, I was on the second floor, so no self-fulfilling prophecy.

by Anonymousreply 39March 13, 2018 11:23 PM

Anything is possible and I won't be ruling out reincarnation until I die. That said human mind is capable of creating absolutely fantastic imagery and stories all by itself. Our minds are like sponges taking in everything we see. All the movies, all the stories we've read and heard, they are there in our minds. Believe me we're totally capable of creating very vivid mental simulations without anyone helping.

Just today when I was slowly waking up in the morning I kept drifting in and out of sleep. I remember experiencing a few narrative situations happening in my half sleep but one that really stuck out was when I was talking towards a man sitting on a chair in a beautiful room. When I got close I realized it was me. I walked to him and for some reason slapped him hard in the face. Then I leaned in to kiss him and I knew we were going to have sex. And then the bloody alarm snooze went off on my phone. I was like FUCK NOOOOO!!!!

I'm open to anything but I'm also a realist. The new age business is just that, a business, and it's huge. Take everything with a grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 40March 13, 2018 11:28 PM

R34 how do you know the time period so specifically? And place? And disease?

by Anonymousreply 41March 13, 2018 11:32 PM

R26, just fess up. If I were the Captain of the Titanic, I wouldn't admit it either.

by Anonymousreply 42March 13, 2018 11:38 PM

Yes I have

by Anonymousreply 43March 13, 2018 11:51 PM

I know three people who've done it. All fraus. Each one was told they were a Native American in a past life.

by Anonymousreply 44March 13, 2018 11:53 PM

OP here, I'm not talking about getting your past life read by a psychic or something like that. That is most likely bullshit. What I'm interested in is hypnosis for past life regression where you can actually experience what might have been your past life.

by Anonymousreply 45March 14, 2018 4:28 AM

[quote]Remembering all the people you loved with no way to see them again, sounds like a nightmare to me.

I've never done it, but a friend of mine has -- she said I was in one of her past lives, as a lower-level functionary in an English court who was secretly working against the king. She was a servant girl and she remembers running through the halls of the palace, trying to find me to tell me they were on to me. She said I didn't look like me, but she "knew" it was me.

I don't put much stock in it, but I do think it's fascinating glimpse into the mysteries of the human mind.

by Anonymousreply 46March 14, 2018 1:04 PM

I never have OP and if I did decide to undergo a PLR I would only have it performed by a trained professional. And based upon conversations I had with psychology professors and psychiatrists (many decades ago as an undergraduate student) not one who doesn't believe in the eye-roll test to determine hypnotic susceptibility.

The test determines if one is hynotizable, as I agree with the theory that10% of the population is not hypnotizable; they can be brought down to a state of relaxation at the most, but that's about it. I personally would only go to a trained, experienced professional who believes in the eye-roll test theory. Otherwise, if they don't believe in this test/theory, and therefore don't perform the test prior to the regression, I personally wouldn't waste my time with them.

by Anonymousreply 47March 14, 2018 2:19 PM

You talk about an eye roll test R47 as if everyone should know what it is. If it is not something that is common knowledge a little explanation would be helpful.

by Anonymousreply 48March 14, 2018 2:26 PM

^ Sorry, I thought most people knew of it. Anyway, it's a very quick and simple test most anyone can perform on another (not on yourself) where one rolls their eyeballs straight up as far as they can and the more white that is showing the more hynotizable you are. So the less white and the more color the less hypnotizable. That's the short of the long of a simple basic test but one that not all of them perform or believe in.

I am on my way out now and can't be late so I'll provide a good link when I return or you can just google 'eye roll test for hypnotic susceptibility.' The 20 second YT vids are very helpful.

by Anonymousreply 49March 14, 2018 2:52 PM

I think I already told this story in another thread but will repeat it. I was hypnotized and taken back to a past life. The man who hypnotized me was well known and had been called in to hypnotize Patty Hearst during her trial but found out it would not be permissible in court so he didn't do it. A group of us got together and no one wanted to go under so I volunteered.

I studied reincarnation a lot. I went back and forth whether I believed or not. I finally decided that we don't get just one chance in life to get it right. We experience different lives as male, female, black, white, different countries, etc.etc. so we can learn and understand. Those that you see like Trump are young souls and have not learned much yet. Those like the Dali Lama are old souls. Some people come back just to help others along. This is my last trip.

There have been people that have vividly remembered things about their past lives and then researched and found them to be true. I have a grandson that remembers his past life. He did things from the age of 1½ years of age that indicated this. He would wake up at the age of two and would go into the kitchen and bang his fist on the table and say, "where's my coffee?" At 3 he was on the couch covered in Nestle's Quik. My daughter saw him and stood with her mouth open in shock and he said, "what? I need my sugar!" There were many more things and sometimes when he did or said something my daughter would ask was that in this life or the last one. He would think about it and then just giggle. He was still under the age of 5. Most kids forget by the time they are 8 but he didn't and still remembers a few things. he's 22 now

Today I am short and with dark hair and eyes and live I the US. In the1980's I was hypnotized and I was taken back to 1492. I knew I was in Scotland. The first thing I saw was a girl about 15, tall with long strawberry blond hair to her knees, in a dress and shoe less. I stared at her and knew it was me even though it didn't look like me. I was standing on a really High hill over looking a castle. I saw a carriage coming down the road to the castle and there were two men hanging off the back of it like firemen on a truck. I couldn't see the man on one side but knew he was there. I did see the other one. He was dressed in pantaloons and had one of those hats on with a huge plume hanging out of it and they were going really fast. (guess men and speed have always been a thing lol) The hypnotist kept talking to me asking me questions and I remember thinking, leave me alone, I want to watch this because it was like watching a movie but I seemed compelled to answer his questions. He asked me where I was and I told him. He asked what year it was and I told him. He asked me if I went to school and I kept repeating school? school? what's school? even though in my head I knew what it was. My head and neck kept twitching and I remember hearing him tell the others present that it must have been an affliction I had at the time. I didn't seem to have control over it while under hypnosis.

All of a sudden I was in the house that I lived in at the time. It was one huge room with other family members there. The floor was dirt and there were little animals inside and I remember thinking, oh we are really poor. I remember this tiny pig in there too and always thought that was a little odd. Then I was brought out of it. I so wanted to stay but guess I had been under for quite a while. I'm sure it would have been different if I was experiencing something horrible. it's been over 30 years and I still remember everything about it clearly. I was glad I did it.

by Anonymousreply 50March 14, 2018 3:23 PM

A colleague's 3-year old son has told her stories about "his other mother" since he could talk. She freaks out internally but tries to show no reaction when he tells her things about his other mommy. When I was around 11 years old I was on a road trip with my parents. My dad got off the highway and was driving around in a town no one in my family had ever been to or had any connection to. We passed a house, completely ordinary house probably built in the early 1900s. It was beige stucco with brown trim (but not a Tudor) and a front door with half-moon windows. I knew with complete certainty that I knew that house. I could imagine exactly what it looked like inside. I never pursued it but I know that I am small and insignificant enough to know that I will never understand the infinite possibilities of how the universe works.

by Anonymousreply 51March 14, 2018 3:56 PM

An acquaintance who works as a psychic once said to be about past life regressions, "Don't waste your money. If there was anything you needed to know about your past life, you would already know it. Invest in therapy and it will get your further."

by Anonymousreply 52March 14, 2018 4:24 PM

That should be "said to me" not "said to be"

by Anonymousreply 53March 14, 2018 4:25 PM

[quote]Those like the Dali Lama are old souls. Some people come back just to help others along. This is my last trip.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I doubt that the last step towards enlightenment is fucking around posting on DataLounge all day.

by Anonymousreply 54March 14, 2018 4:32 PM

r54 posting here is interacting with others. that is what life is about

by Anonymousreply 55March 14, 2018 4:34 PM

r34 here. As a part of the regressions the guide asked me where i was and when i was. In the Swedish life i was able to spell out the name of the town and " I " knew it was north of Gothenburg. In my mind it was a day away from Gothenburg. In the 21st century the trip would take an hour. In the african life " I " had no concept of place in relation to countries. I assumed east Africa based on the fact my tribe were cattle herders, nomadic, black skinned, and lions were present. What you don't realize when you do a regression it that you really are dropping into a mostly alien mind. Yes it's YOU if you believe in reincarnation ... but it's also not you as the knowledge, beliefs, and attitudes, you hold in that life can be very different from who you are today. There is a part of you 'soul' that does know more, that can seem to navigate and KNOW. Much of this is hard to describe and will truly do a number on your head if you are not prepared for it.

by Anonymousreply 56March 14, 2018 4:42 PM

I believe all of your experiences. Not because i believe 100% in past lives but because we really don't know shit how our unconscious works, so i think if well stimulated we really can "remember" in great details our "past lives" (or proiections, maybe)? I'd love to try this. I read a lot of books and i watch a lot of movies, so i'm sure it could really be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 57March 14, 2018 4:47 PM

When I was a 16-year old girl, my sophisticated friend (also a 16-year old girl) “led” me through hypnosis and past life regression. I came up with a story about being a stable boy to a Russian aristocrat. I’m sure I created the whole thing but I did believe it for a couple of years.

I do not believe we could actually remember this stuff if it even exists. I say anything is possible, but.

by Anonymousreply 58March 14, 2018 5:12 PM

A bunch of children comforting each other with fairy stories because they are afraid of the dark.

Pathetic.

Deal with your mortality, hunties. It actually males your life more rich and full when you realize this is it. Just like the One Day at a Time theme song told you.

by Anonymousreply 59March 14, 2018 6:18 PM

R59 you are a child living in a bubble. Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 60March 14, 2018 6:59 PM

Thank you for these stories. I find them fascinating. I do not know if I necessarily believe in reincarnation but am open to the idea. I have had experiences with other areas that are considered paranormal that I do think there is something to it. There is a lot we still do not understand. Maybe we will one day. As mentioned by someone else, genetic memories could be one explanation.

by Anonymousreply 61March 14, 2018 7:09 PM

Marry me, R54!

by Anonymousreply 62March 14, 2018 11:48 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 63March 15, 2018 6:22 AM

I looked up practitioners near me and a few licensed psychologists do it for roughly 300 dollars over 2 sessions. That isn't bad. They allow for more than an hour on regression day.

It would be fun to do with a friend.

by Anonymousreply 64March 15, 2018 11:14 AM

"looked up practitioners near me and a few licensed psychologists do it for roughly 300 dollars over 2 sessions. "

Would this conflict with their code of ethics? I presume it's not evidence based practice.

by Anonymousreply 65March 15, 2018 11:48 AM

It is just hypnosis and is marketed separately and insurance is not accepted, so who cares?

by Anonymousreply 66March 15, 2018 11:52 AM

R64 If you do it, tell us how it goes, will you?

by Anonymousreply 67March 17, 2018 5:58 AM

This is interesting. I might give it a try if it’s not too expensive.

by Anonymousreply 68March 19, 2018 9:10 AM

I’ve never had an interest in my past lives.

I do recall, at 16, touring a village near Avignon and knowing I had lived in a home very similar to one we toured. It was just something I knew. No one in my family is French, and the buildings were not at all familiar to me.

At 23, I was walking alone through the streets of Moscow. This was before the collapse, and before a lot of Moscow buildings were demolished. I passed an area of apartment buildings from the mid 19th century. I just knew I had been in these streets before, but I also knew I had not lived in Moscow.

I have never had any such experiences since, nothing even close in any of my travels, or anywhere for that matter, and I am now 57. I still remember those feelings very distinctly.

by Anonymousreply 69April 23, 2018 8:17 AM

People who believe in this garbage are idiots who deserve to be swindled.

by Anonymousreply 70April 23, 2018 9:33 AM

r5, Why the hell are you so pissed? Are you so disappointed that you think you know for sure there's no such thing as an afterlife? So, if that's what you think, die and deal with it. OP, just brought up an interesting thought. You don't have to believe it but you also don't have to get your panties in a twist about it.

by Anonymousreply 71April 23, 2018 9:39 AM

I am not pissed, dear. I am just laughing at your foolishness.

by Anonymousreply 72April 23, 2018 9:47 AM

I have not undergone hypnosis, though I have had many dreams that are similar to watching a movie. In each one, I am a different person, yet somehow understand it is me. Two people who feature frequently in these dreams are my mother, and a close woman I once lived with. They are always different people too, but know and FEEL it is them. I know my close friend was my wife at one time, and the mother of my children in a previous life. My mum has undergone PLR. In one lifetime she is a nun living in a convent, and feels she had been involved in the Catholic church in more than one lifetime in the 18th -19th century, as well as earlier incarnations. Another regression took her back to France, she was very rich, and described a castle like setting. She can describe her clothes and hair and fabric in great detail. She believes it was 1500'or 1600's. She remembers running from a small window, peering out and seeing her husband coming. She remembers hiding, and feeling the knowledge he is going to kill her. She feels she may be guilty of adultery, or at the very least suspected of it. She has other memories too, but these two are the ones that stand out most vividly n my memory. It is odd that ten years after doing this, a psychic once told her she was very much involved with the Catholic Church over several lifetimes. We are Jewish. I'm not sure what to make of many of my own dreams, yet believe if these are accurate memories of a sort, it does make sense we have soulmates, and reincarnate with these same people to work out our karma. It would be the only rational explanation for my recurring dreams. For people curious to read more, and hungry for "evidence", I suggest reading anything by Dr. Helen Wambach.

by Anonymousreply 73April 23, 2018 10:39 AM

There is too much evidence to completely disregard the idea of past lives.

My husband was told by his dying mother that she knew he would marry (not legal for us then) and that in a past life, he had been my sibling (sister) and had left me for dead to marry well.

He never told me until I saw a psychic and she said that I would marry and my spouse would always care for me above all else (due to past life guilt).

Before we had these experiences, his sisters manipulated him all the time for money, help and wanted him with a different partner they liked (wealthy). Knowing his guilt toward his sisters was not based on the relationship in this life, he told them both he had been helping enough and decided to back off (he had been regularly paying bills and babysitting for them). When we married we were almost 40, so he had done 20 years of "helping" them. They both expected him to act as pseudo husband to them.

We married and they chose to stay in touch with his ex and shun him. He realized his karmic help was misplaced and that the guilt had been holding him back. Although painful, I think it was beneficial for his mom to have told him what she knew.

It is more than learning who you were...it may help with current issues.

by Anonymousreply 74April 23, 2018 11:57 AM

[quote]There is too much evidence to completely disregard the idea of past lives.

Like what for instance?

Disregard it all you like - but you're full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 75April 23, 2018 12:00 PM

Personal accounts, books by Wambach, Weiss, etc.

If you think it is such "shit," why bother commenting?

This theory helps people get rid of phobias and habits carried over from before birth. If it helps, it isn't "shit," in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 76April 23, 2018 12:25 PM

I always liked this story:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 23, 2018 12:32 PM

I never did a regression and can't remember if I posted this here before but here goes.

I was in Chicago in the late 90s and attended a group that had started to work through a Sonia Choquette book. (She's sort of a Marianne Williamson type, specific in our studies to trying to demystify psychic abilities - e.g. you don't get magic lottery numbers out of it, but hey, use and develop this sense wisely!)

Anyway, all nice people, and we are all in a small room. The leader looks at me, and he says, "You're a very centering force." He's next to me, and we do an exercise where we hold hands for a moment and do a meditation.

After the moment is done, he is wide eyed and says, "This is your first life as a man. I know this with certainty. I just had such an impression of your past life." I believe he said in one of them I was an Asian woman, giving birth in a rice paddy.

I don't know whether I believe or not. It remains on the "that's interesting" front for me. I've also heard certain astrological signs are an indicator of where you are in your journeys and that certain signs mean it may be your last trip.

In all matters of faith/spirituality/religion I respect the inquiries into the mysteries. I can't say that I support or am a follower of any finding but with few exceptions I don't dismiss them, either.

by Anonymousreply 78April 23, 2018 12:43 PM

My previous life was in mid-20th century America. I was an extremely buxom redhead with a kimono that kept falling open. For several decades, I lived in a bungalow across from the Ohio State football practice field. I was popular there in my little corner of Columbus.

by Anonymousreply 79April 23, 2018 1:05 PM

R79 I wish that was my life, past or present!

by Anonymousreply 80April 23, 2018 2:02 PM

r79 Sounds like an easy, fun life.

by Anonymousreply 81April 23, 2018 5:57 PM

R59 Actually, Kenny Loggins told me that

THIS

IS

IT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 24, 2018 10:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!