Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cameron Diaz retires from acting. Says she is done

She might only be 45 but Cameron Diaz has reportedly hung up her acting shoes because she is ‘done’ with the industry. Her pal and fellow actress Selma Blair blabbed the news, revealing Cameron had told her over lunch she didn’t plan to make any more movies, prefering instead to spend time with husband Benji Madden. Recalling a conversation they had about their 2002 movie The Sweetest Thing, Selma shared: ‘I had lunch with Cameron the other day. We were reminiscing about the film. I would have liked to do a sequel but Cameron’s retired from acting. She’s like ‘I’m done.”

Selma added: I mean, she doesn’t need to make any more films. She has a pretty great life, I don’t know what it would take to bring her back. She’s happy.’ Cameron’s last movie was 2014’s Annie, and has reportedly since rejected other movie offers. An insider told the Daily Star Sunday newspaper: ‘Cameron is constantly inundated with film scripts trying to tempt her out of retirement but she’s just not interested. ‘She’s happy, in love and wants to make the most of her freedom and free time.’

Earlier this year, a source claimed that Cameron dreams of having a baby with Benji, but also that, for now, she’s enjoying being a ‘housewife'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 14, 2018 12:05 AM

That sucks. I like her.

by Anonymousreply 1March 12, 2018 4:16 AM

Why couldn't it be Drew Barrymore ?

by Anonymousreply 2March 12, 2018 4:18 AM

I must say that I am extremely impressed. Who knew how self aware she was? Too bad Madonna and many others are not so bright.

by Anonymousreply 3March 12, 2018 4:34 AM

I love Drew Barrymore!

by Anonymousreply 4March 12, 2018 4:38 AM

If this is true, good for her. I admire anyone who has had a successful run, but has decided to call it quits while they’re still fondly remembered. It’s way better than desperately trying to cling to fame by any means possible well past your prime.

by Anonymousreply 5March 12, 2018 4:46 AM

If this is true, then props to her. But there's always the chance that she's going to "retire" the same way Julia Roberts "retired."

by Anonymousreply 6March 12, 2018 5:06 AM

[quote]‘Cameron is constantly inundated with film scripts trying to tempt her out of retirement'

I love this!

by Anonymousreply 7March 12, 2018 5:09 AM

You can't retire from work you can no longer get.

You have been retired.

by Anonymousreply 8March 12, 2018 5:27 AM

Sorry but Cameron Diaz is no "housewife." How dare that writer frau-ize her like that. CD is a gorgeous, hilarious, talented woman who made millions and is enjoying early retirement like any smart person would.

And Cameron is well-known to have a "childfree" mindset so this idea she wants to have a baby sounds like BS. It's like this writer just can't imagine what else a woman would want to do with her life.

by Anonymousreply 9March 12, 2018 5:29 AM

Now she can focus on her true talent, as a Master Popcorn Popper!

by Anonymousreply 10March 12, 2018 5:40 AM

In her honor they will be dimming the lights on Santa Monica Boulevard.

by Anonymousreply 11March 12, 2018 5:42 AM

I've met her a few times. While I don't always love her acting, she couldn't have been a better person IRL. I wish her nothing but the best.

by Anonymousreply 12March 12, 2018 5:48 AM

I'm sure the acting community at large is thoroughly devastated at this tragic, unexpected news.

by Anonymousreply 13March 12, 2018 6:12 AM

I actually thought the actress based on Cameron in that Sofia Coppola film which takes place in Tokyo(to lazy to Google the damn name) was a very likeable if not somewhat dim character that the viewer could not help but like. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be a dig at her, but if it was, it backfired.

by Anonymousreply 14March 12, 2018 6:22 AM

Another one of those who is hoping people with beg her on bended knee not to leave.

Well toots, there are easily 100 million others with more talent waiting to take your place. In fact it is good of you to get your washed up ass out of line and give someone else a chance.

by Anonymousreply 15March 12, 2018 6:27 AM

r14 Lost in Translation. I like Cameron. I assumed it was based on Jennifer Aniston.

by Anonymousreply 16March 13, 2018 9:38 PM

When did she START acting?

by Anonymousreply 17March 13, 2018 9:42 PM

R16 Thanks for the title. Do you remember how perky and bubbly the character(played by Ana Faris) was? Jennifer Anniston is not known for being bubbly. Anyway, I remember reading after the fact that it was Diaz.

by Anonymousreply 18March 13, 2018 9:51 PM

I actually loved Lost In Translation. I had no idea Farris was playing Diaz. Interesting tidbit...

by Anonymousreply 19March 13, 2018 11:04 PM

She always had the worst acne problem. She’s a walking oil slick.

by Anonymousreply 20March 14, 2018 12:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!