Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Official "The Good Fight" Season Two thread.

Anyone else going to watch?

I love this show and enjoy it more than "The Good Wife."

DL fave Audra McDonald joins the cast in season two's premiere!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127March 14, 2019 12:26 PM

I hope they get rid of Rose Leslie's character, Maia. She adds nothing to the show and I find her arc boring.

by Anonymousreply 1March 5, 2018 1:52 AM

I have the biggest crush on Cush Jumbo.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this show but will catch up on demand because of the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 2March 5, 2018 1:54 AM

Would have watched it if CBS had put it on their regular network channel.

by Anonymousreply 3March 5, 2018 1:56 AM

Rose Leslie was awful in Season One. Less her and more of the awesome Sarah Steele!

by Anonymousreply 4March 5, 2018 1:56 AM

Cush Jumbo is great, and she and Bartha look hot together.

by Anonymousreply 5March 5, 2018 1:56 AM

Rose is the weak link in an otherwise perfect show and cast.

by Anonymousreply 6March 5, 2018 1:57 AM

Caught up on the premiere last night -- Jane Lynch was fabulous! Loved the back and forth between her character and Lucca.

And I agree with R6 -- Maia is the only casting misstep, IMO. Too late to do anything about it now, though.

by Anonymousreply 7March 6, 2018 1:55 PM

I love this show but they really do need to get rid of Rose Leslie's character. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they writer her out somehow. Maia is an absolutely boring and pointless character and there's no way that a prominent firm would risk keeping her on given the circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 8March 7, 2018 1:19 AM

Maia seems to have a perpetual question mark over her head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 7, 2018 1:28 AM

There's literally no point to her, R9.

by Anonymousreply 10March 7, 2018 1:32 AM

Stopped watching after four or five episodes because the turd's election was still too fresh. However, I knew Leslie was miscast from the first fucking shot of her and I'm glad I'm seeing other DLers agree on that point. The face, the voice, the acting... it's [italic]all[/italic] wrong.

I might catch up with it soon because I'm craving Baranski again.

by Anonymousreply 11March 12, 2018 11:17 PM

I've never watched it. How's Delroy Lindo?

by Anonymousreply 12March 12, 2018 11:21 PM

It's a shame that she (Leslie) drags down an otherwise brilliant show and terrific cast. I wonder why tptb feel that the audience cares about her, her parents, and her backstory? Maia is a non essential character and they give her way too much screen time, and I don't care that she's Diane's goddaughter. She needs to go.

Delroy is fantastic as Adrian, R12.

by Anonymousreply 13March 12, 2018 11:25 PM

Now that I've read what a cunt Baranski is to fans, I have no interest in watching.

by Anonymousreply 14March 12, 2018 11:31 PM

r14 Oh, come on, we're gonna need more than that!

by Anonymousreply 15March 12, 2018 11:32 PM

You'd think that that would make her even more of a DL fave, R14!

by Anonymousreply 16March 12, 2018 11:33 PM

I think the Maia arc is now complete and the focus is going to shift to Audra Ann.

by Anonymousreply 17March 12, 2018 11:35 PM

Love the show, Cush Jumbo IS all that, Jane Lynch makes me laugh and glad I have never been under the Feds perview. Only for Baransky would I pay CBS to watch this show. Audra will be great.

by Anonymousreply 18March 12, 2018 11:40 PM

Is Justin Bartha still on?

by Anonymousreply 19March 12, 2018 11:42 PM

Cush is a hot Goddess. Love the micro dosing storyline. The Ginga has no soul and her storyline is dreary as hell and done to death now. R19 yes and he is smoking. I never watched The Good Wife as that anorexic cunt makes me vomit, but did not need to

by Anonymousreply 20March 12, 2018 11:50 PM

Bartha--back to sparring with Lucca, very Tracy/Hepburn. Audra's character is a classic shit-stirrer, which should be fun.

by Anonymousreply 21March 12, 2018 11:51 PM

Oooo, I'm loving DL fave Audra on this.

by Anonymousreply 22March 13, 2018 12:15 PM

For a moment during the second episode, I wondered if the producers were going to write Maia out of the show by actually having her sent to prison for five years. It would have been a great way to put the whole tiresome storyline to rest, and simultaneously rid the series of its weakest acting link.

And then... alas, no.

by Anonymousreply 23March 14, 2018 11:57 AM

There's no way anyone's writing Leslie out unless she decides she wants to leave the show on her own. Her career would probably take a huge hit if they just wrote her out. And as long as she's dating Kit, she has leverage.

by Anonymousreply 24March 14, 2018 2:53 PM

Leslie apparently has some chronic condition which makes her have to go home early some days.

by Anonymousreply 25March 17, 2018 2:31 PM

After dragging out Maya's story for so damned long they wrapped it up extremely quickly. I felt like they did a bad job of it. But I'm glad it's over

by Anonymousreply 26March 17, 2018 3:18 PM

Maybe they had to wrap it up quickly because of her "chronic condition." Or maybe they got a clue that viewers were seriously impatient with Maia's character. So does this mean the end of Bernie, too? Not that she doesn't have plenty to do, but I suspect Mozart in the Jungle won't be back for a 5th season.

by Anonymousreply 27March 17, 2018 4:18 PM

So you're telling me Rose Leslie is done with this show?

r25 But of course she does. She's always looked so frail to me, like she's barely hanging on to life. It'll be a disaster when she's pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 28March 17, 2018 4:23 PM

Not done with the show, but her story line just slipped out of first place; the tension between Audra Ann and Christine will probably be the centerpiece now, followed by Cush and Whatsisname's Adam's Rib schtick, and Rose will go back to being a first-year associate.

by Anonymousreply 29March 17, 2018 4:30 PM

I want to be inside Justin Bartha quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 30March 18, 2018 9:15 PM

It's clear the producers have no clue what to do with Maia now that her key storyline has limped to a conclusion. In the most recent episode, they tried (in vain) to turn her character into "free-wheelin' gal-pal Maia, who gets drunks with Marissa and helps her hook up with dudes!" It didn't work.

Sarah Steele is one spot behind Rose Leslie in the opening credits, and yet is a thousand times more watchable and engaging. Marissa gets center stage in most storylines on the show, as well. If they need to fill the "ingenue" slot in the series, it should go to her, and Leslie can move along.

Also, not nearly enough Cush Jumbo in episode #3!

by Anonymousreply 31March 20, 2018 11:51 AM

Rose Leslie/Maia would make a great Caroline Kennedy in a TV film.

by Anonymousreply 32March 20, 2018 1:55 PM

Oh no. No no no no.

Did I see a GUMMER in the preview for the next episode?????

by Anonymousreply 33March 24, 2018 11:49 AM

Yes, Mamie is back, playing the role she played on The Good wife, an annoying cunt of an attorney.

by Anonymousreply 34March 24, 2018 12:04 PM

At least they’re bringing back Dylan Baker for an episode. His character was so delightfully cray cray.

by Anonymousreply 35March 24, 2018 1:52 PM

I'm enjoying Audra's character! I love Nyambi Nyambi, Christine, and the others. Lucca is excellent.

Please show, get rid of Maia. Boring!

Marissa is starting to grate though, can she do anything but stand there and smirk? She has no other facial expression it seems, but she's better than Maia.

by Anonymousreply 36March 25, 2018 6:17 PM

Sorry, R36, Maia is there until the end of this season, which is 13 episodes as opposed to last season’s ten.

by Anonymousreply 37March 25, 2018 10:33 PM

[quote]Would have watched it if CBS had put it on their regular network channel

You'd have to have someone who is able to draw a huge audience.

by Anonymousreply 38March 25, 2018 10:39 PM

I don’t know why CBS can’t run the first season of The Good Fight in the summer.

by Anonymousreply 39March 25, 2018 10:42 PM

It would be pleasant not to have to cough up five bucks a month to watch the show, but it's really very good. This week's episode was terrific.

by Anonymousreply 40March 26, 2018 12:44 AM

I was actually disappointed in this week’s episode. Although I did like Marissa on the job pretending to be a bigoted mother.

I don’t mind Rose Leslie. Everyone else is such a vivid, dramatic character that having someone who’s not is okay.

I wonder if Erica Tazel wanted to leave, or if she was pushed out to make room for Audra. She hasn’t had any other credits since finishing up on TGF.

by Anonymousreply 41March 26, 2018 3:58 AM

It’s because Tazel was fucking boring and had no chemistry with any of the other cast.

by Anonymousreply 42March 26, 2018 4:22 AM

[quote] Yes, Mamie is back, playing the role she played on The Good wife, an annoying cunt of an attorney.

Really? She reminds me of Nancy Grace

by Anonymousreply 43March 26, 2018 5:38 AM

The show is better than its predecessor's last seasons. Baranski is fantastic. The writing is solid as ever. It's always a joy for me when a new episode drops.

Does anyone know how many episodes this season have ? I hope it's not too short like the first..

by Anonymousreply 44March 26, 2018 8:33 PM

12 episodes--or is it 13. i look forward to them every sunday.

by Anonymousreply 45March 26, 2018 8:36 PM

It’s 13 episodes, they increased the order for this season.

For those who are wondering Tim Matheson will be a recurring regular this season.

by Anonymousreply 46March 27, 2018 2:38 PM

SO happy to see Carrie Preston back as Elsbeth! Love the actress (she's also fabulous in "Claws") and the character.

by Anonymousreply 47March 28, 2018 12:24 PM

Andrea Martin is back as an excentric drunk driving socialite (and Bartha's mom) this week. Nice funny break from the "#metoo" main plot.

by Anonymousreply 48April 2, 2018 7:57 AM

Martin was hilarious in the episode and Audra was great. I far prefer her when she doesn’t sing.

by Anonymousreply 49April 2, 2018 11:34 PM

Nice to see F. Murray Abraham, too... though, these days, I can't see him as anyone but as his "Homeland" character, Dar Adal.

This week's episode seemed a bit like a throwaway episode -- sort of inconsequential and fluffy, save for Lucca revealing her pregnancy to Colin. Once again, Maia's storyline ("I found corrupt cops! Oh, wait...") was useless.

by Anonymousreply 50April 6, 2018 11:08 PM

Who was the beautiful young man who played the neo nazi on last night’s episode? Woof. He’s going places. Preferably on my face.

by Anonymousreply 51April 9, 2018 8:50 PM

We're at the halfway point of the season and I still love the show, but I'm not sure the whole "kill all the lawyers" arc is really working.

It feels like an afterthought most episodes ("oh, let's not forget to drop in a passing mention that some other lawyer viewers have never seen and don't care about has been found dead!"), and there's no sense that any of the key characters on the show are actually in peril. The ricin scare was good, but that was the only high point. There are no tangible stakes.

It might have been more compelling had one of the partners/associates (Diane, Lucca, Adrian) actually been given a stalker, whose threats/actions grow more ominous/deadly as the season goes on, and who begins a "kill all the lawyers" series of attacks as a way of making his/her target fear for their own life AND the lives of the other lawyers in the city.

by Anonymousreply 52April 10, 2018 12:26 PM

R52, don’t ask how I know this but in episode #210 airing in May one of the heavy hitters at RBL will be shot.

by Anonymousreply 53April 10, 2018 1:32 PM

Oh noes! Not Diane?!

by Anonymousreply 54April 10, 2018 1:34 PM

Thanks for the tip, R53!

Since you said "heavy hitters," that means Maia is safe.

Alas.

Another missed opportunity to write her off the show.

by Anonymousreply 55April 10, 2018 9:44 PM

Yes, R55/Cush Jumbo Troll, the victim is one of the following: Boseman, Liz or Diane.

by Anonymousreply 56April 12, 2018 7:17 PM

Does the "victim" die? I can't believe any of those three want to leave the show or would be considered dispensable by the production team. If the victim's merely wounded and temporarily sidelined, it might be Liz--possibly Audra has a commitment she has to honor.

by Anonymousreply 57April 12, 2018 7:29 PM

Though I like The Good Fight better than The Good Wife, I don't think it can match the shock of Will Gardner being shot and killed. That was stunning, as was the episode following the shooting.

by Anonymousreply 58April 12, 2018 7:37 PM

They should have shot Lucca, which would give them a way out of her pregnancy. Lucca loses the baby after being shot. It's perfect!

by Anonymousreply 59April 12, 2018 7:38 PM

R59, Cush Jumbo is also pregnant so that would have been highly insensitive.

by Anonymousreply 60April 12, 2018 9:43 PM

Thanks, R53. Glad to hear Lucca is safe. I'm trying to figure out which of those three victims would have the most impact, dramatically.

I agree with R57 that Liz could make sense for the reason cited, but would viewers (or the firm, for that matter) really care that much? She's too new.

Boseman being shot would definitely impact both the firm and the show's viewers, but I love Delroy Lindo so I'm hoping the mere notion of killing off his character is something the producers would never consider.

Diane is the only one who's been anxiously sounding the "we in danger, girls!" alarm at least once in each episode, and she's been the most paranoid about the killings.

I think she's a safe bet (wounded but not killed, of course), with Boseman a close second.

by Anonymousreply 61April 14, 2018 2:59 PM

How did Audra do? I never thought she was a very good actress. To me, her acting was always Juilliard 101.

by Anonymousreply 62April 14, 2018 3:16 PM

Tried finishing the first season again because of this thread and got to the scene where the black guy is with Alan Cumming's daughter in the lift while she's learning Spanish with her headphones in, and he says something like "You are such a strange person, you know that?" I cringed and turned it off before he finished the sentence. Such abysmal writing.

I might jump directly into the second season as people are saying the show gets much better.

by Anonymousreply 63April 14, 2018 3:35 PM

This season is MUCH better than the first. In fact I think it’s one of the best things on right now.

by Anonymousreply 64April 14, 2018 7:20 PM

r64 Thanks, I watched the last episode of the first season today just in case there were any cliffhangers, and it was absolute garbage. The first three episodes of the second season have been fantastic, however. Almost feels like I'm watching an entirely different show. Love how the horrid Maia storyline was wrapped up immediately, as if they knew it was the worst thing ever.

I do hope they stop with the "technology cases" for a while. They simplify everything so much it's like listening to very old people talking about "the internets". I guess it's nice that they're informing their audience of the latest developments in the tech world but those episodes always make me cringe.

by Anonymousreply 65April 15, 2018 8:32 PM

I completely agree with those saying the second season is so much better than the first. You could see the spark and the potential in the first season, but this second season has been fantastic so far.

by Anonymousreply 66April 15, 2018 9:09 PM

Okay, after this week's episode -- and Liz being chosen by the DNC -- I'm changing my vote: I suspect she'll be the one who's shot. She'll suddenly be very much in the public eye, which could draw the attention of the shooter.

Also, Rose Leslie looked even more alarmingly thin than usual. I know someone upthread mentioned that she has some mystery illness -- anyone know what it is?

by Anonymousreply 67April 19, 2018 12:05 PM

It's so much better than "The Julianna Show", without the focus on the annoying Florrick family.

by Anonymousreply 68April 19, 2018 12:41 PM

Tackling fake news stories and Facebook tonight.

by Anonymousreply 69April 22, 2018 9:40 PM

Next week’s episode is about the Russian hookers peeing on the hotel bed!

by Anonymousreply 70April 24, 2018 1:05 AM

Did anyone else get a curious vibe about the relationship between Jay and his friend in prison? He seemed to be especially secretive about it.

Speaking of relationships, I'm finding Diane's love triangle rather dull.

by Anonymousreply 71April 26, 2018 11:27 PM

r71 Yup, I thought they were going the gay route but they immediately threw in the girlfriend line. Of course.

by Anonymousreply 72April 26, 2018 11:29 PM

Wait. There was a line about a girlfriend? Spoken by/about whom -- Jay? I clearly missed that!

Still, could be a cover, especially given how livid he was about his friend being left in prison.

by Anonymousreply 73April 26, 2018 11:31 PM

r73 Yes, just as I was thinking "Wait, are these two...?", the jailed guy mentioned his girlfriend. I actually laughed in that moment because I knew someone must have brought that up in the writer's room so they added a quick and dirty line to the script.

by Anonymousreply 74April 26, 2018 11:45 PM

Hmmm. Well, perhaps the attraction is one-sided. It just seemed like Jay was really, really invested in his friend being released.

Having said that, maybe the friend took the fall for Jay, and Jay feels guilty as a result? Whatever it is, methinks it's not over... and I hope this doesn't mean a lack of Jay in upcoming episodes.

by Anonymousreply 75April 27, 2018 12:29 AM

[quote] I'm finding Diane's love triangle rather dull.

When she found out that Tim Matheson had a gun on him - that had been converted - it made me wonder if he will wind up being the shooter.

by Anonymousreply 76April 27, 2018 8:05 AM

Excellent point, R76! I obviously need to pay closer attention when I'm watching -- I was sleepy when watching this week's episode and clearly missed a number of subtleties (see also: Jay's friend's "girlfriend").

Because THAT twist would make the whole "kill all the lawyers!" storyline (and Diane's love triangle) FANTASTIC and narratively satisfying. The most paranoid lawyer in the city (Diane) is successfully fooled by a seemingly benign bartender (Tully) who's actually been targeting lawyers and intends to make her his next victim?! Excellent.

by Anonymousreply 77April 27, 2018 12:07 PM

Have you noticed how costume designers have started using more and more intricate textiles and prints on this show (and other shows in general) since HD became widespread? Pay close attention to Reddick's tie, Diane's top, and Lucca's caftan/suit hybrid in tonight's episode. Truly a feast for the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 78May 6, 2018 3:22 PM

Sorry, I meant Adrian Boseman's tie. Reddick is definitely not in the picture anymore.

by Anonymousreply 79May 6, 2018 3:33 PM

Well, was the shooting victim the one you suspected?

by Anonymousreply 80May 6, 2018 9:11 PM

I had no idea anyone at this firm would be shot so it was shocking to see that happen. I legitimately thought it was a paint gun for a couple of seconds, that's how unprepared I was for that moment.

by Anonymousreply 81May 6, 2018 9:15 PM

Ever since R76 pointed out the Tully/gun moment, I remain convinced (hopeful, from a storyline perspective) that he's the shooter.

Marissa and Jay spent so much time focusing on the red scarf, that I am now waiting for Tully to walk into a room wearing one.

I think rehashing all the celebrity guest stars... I mean, possible suspects... was just a big barrel of red herrings.

by Anonymousreply 82May 8, 2018 11:55 AM

I loved how Marissa took charge and knew what to do when Adrian got shot. But Jay shows up and she's back to being an "assistant."

(But I'm glad Jay is back because he is HOT).

by Anonymousreply 83May 8, 2018 12:05 PM

Adrian's seemingly endless clowning about after he got shot was annoying the absolute shit out of me. Just throw the fucking fun at the assistant's head and collapse to the floor. That's literally all you have to do in that situation. I realize he was in shock, but still.

by Anonymousreply 84May 8, 2018 12:08 PM

Maia has definitely be pushed to the side this season. I’ll gve it to the Kings, they know when a storyline isn’t working.

by Anonymousreply 85May 8, 2018 2:33 PM

[quote] Also, Rose Leslie looked even more alarmingly thin than usual. I know someone upthread mentioned that she has some mystery illness -- anyone know what it is?

Mediocrity?

by Anonymousreply 86May 8, 2018 2:46 PM

Yeah, the second season feels like they focus-grouped the ever-loving shit out of the first season. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love whenever that happens because it illustrates the showrunners are willing to listen and learn from what works and what doesn't. No more Maia's soporific family drama and Matthew Perry's bloated face (eugh!), Elsbeth's quirky outbursts being used sparingly like spice, more focus on Diane and her [italic]finally[/italic] going full scorched-earth on the world.

However, some bad habits are starting to creep in again; I give exactly zero fucks about that white guy's election campaign, excuse my Spanish.

Oh, and this thread needs some gifs already to liven things up. (Is Diane's top not everything I promised you, and more?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 10, 2018 1:41 AM

Aziz Ansari #MeToo episode tonight. So messy.

by Anonymousreply 88May 13, 2018 11:25 AM

I agree about Justin Bartha, R87. Considering the current climate, and how they’ve been writing Cush Jumbo’s character as being fiercely independent, does it make any sense that she would just fall into his arms and become his wife? They seem to be heading that direction, and I really hope they don’t. They’ve completely given up on Maia though. They could just write her out completely and no one would care or know.

I’m loving Baranski, but for the love of god, can she please stop fiddling with her face? It’s getting scarily mask like.

I was hoping Matt Czuchry’s show would get canceled so he could be in next season. Did it get picked up for next year? There was a funny quote in a review of his new show, saying something like “What Matt Czuchry is slumming in until he gets a call from the Kings to be on The Good Fight.”

by Anonymousreply 89May 13, 2018 1:54 PM

It's not (just) the plastic surgery; Baranski seems to be sporting inappropriate makeup for her skin, which only compounds the problem. It's mostly bearable but some of the close-ups are truly lethal. The makeup people on that show should pay more attention to the special needs of mature skin. However, her attire is always on point and the one this week is again mesmerizing to behold in HD. And Audra's ombre ensemble kicks major ass as well.

Oh, and there's a nice cameo from a certain someone this episode, which I won't spoil. I do wonder when it was filmed because I can't decide if he's slumming it or not.

Yes, The Resident got renewed. Matt needs to ditch that shit already and star in something sleazier where he's shirtless most of the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 13, 2018 2:19 PM

I was positively ecstatic at the prospect of never having to see the smarmy DeploraKurt ever again but no, the writers have obviously decided to double down on that borefest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91May 18, 2018 2:44 PM

The penultimate episode was so good but made my piss boil all over again. God, I hate this fucking regime. Hate it, hate it, hate it! And I'm not even American. Maia only slightly irritated me, which is progress, I suppose.

Bonus gif of Diane dealing with a Trump appointee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 21, 2018 12:35 AM

Baranski doesn't look like she's had any work done to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 21, 2018 8:13 AM

God, she must have had terrible acne growing up in Buffalo, NY.

by Anonymousreply 94May 21, 2018 11:51 AM

r93 Apart from the nose, of course. But that was many, many moons ago.

by Anonymousreply 95May 21, 2018 12:28 PM

Very young Baranski

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96May 22, 2018 1:42 PM

This looks like the same nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 22, 2018 1:43 PM

That's just because of the front angle. It looks clearly altered from the side. Like one of those old-time, Sissy Spacek rhinoplasties.

by Anonymousreply 98May 22, 2018 1:50 PM

Delightful script this past Sunday - Diane totally playing that idiot kid Judge, but the Melania soft porn photo as rationale for a Genius waver was PRICELESS. How I would love to be a fly on the wall in the writers room. After pulling of hair they get right to work assaulting Grifter’s stupidity & criminality. Blessed Relief.

by Anonymousreply 99May 22, 2018 2:46 PM

r99 I swear this whole episode was conceived the moment it came out in the news that Melania was here on an Einstein visa. I was waiting and waiting for that to come up in the episode and there it was, offered as the episode's climax.

That idiot judge will be on the bench for the next forty years, or longer. Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 100May 22, 2018 2:51 PM

For what its worth R108, that is not actually the way it goes. Many Americans believe that to be true.

Perhaps The SCOTUS yes, with a grave caveat. You may not be aware that HRC had received complaints about Thomas’s wife being a paid lobbyist for extreme right wing groups with cases pending on SCOTUS Docket and Thomas not recusing himself. There would have been an indep investigation into his grave conflict of interest and his removal from the Bench.

Few Americans realize that Lawyers have a big say in whether a judge can remain in the Court system. Complaints can be filed and Judges removed - though not the Supremes- not quite that easy. With the Alt Rights utter desperation they are not vetting these nutters very well. This guy would be toast sooner than later.

by Anonymousreply 101May 22, 2018 3:08 PM

Except there are still Reagan federal appointees floating around. [italic]Reagan.[/italic] Who was the president an eternity ago.

by Anonymousreply 102May 22, 2018 3:13 PM

What’s your point? Reagan appointees as Conservative s they were - are NOTHING like Grifters loons.

by Anonymousreply 103May 22, 2018 3:21 PM

My point is they will be around as long as Reagan appointees have been. That they are nothing alike is your own assessment; the GOP sees it differently.

by Anonymousreply 104May 22, 2018 3:28 PM

Again, Lawyers have the ability to remove Judges from the Bench. A judge like make believe “fight” would be gone in a nano sec. Many of Grifters appointees have questionable qualifications. It will take time for them to expose themselves but they can be removed. Also Very few of his candidates have actually been seated. I defer to the expert informed opinions of member of DC’s legal system. And they ain’t Trumpers.

by Anonymousreply 105May 22, 2018 3:47 PM

I don’t want it to be an instant death, though. I’d want him to look up and see Anna sneering over him, knowing he was going to die.

by Anonymousreply 106May 22, 2018 3:50 PM

I thought that was the perfect season finale. It wasn't all that depressing although admittedly I did FF through all of the Trumpanzees scenes. And I always did want to see totally irreverent swearing like that in a maternity ward. TV takes birthing way too seriously in general.

But the writers really need to stop having their characters say Lucca's name so many times in every episode; it's like they're in love with it. You'd be blind drunk if you played a drinking game based on that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107May 28, 2018 3:01 PM

Whatsherface's cameo was great as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108May 28, 2018 3:01 PM

I thought the finale was horrible.

by Anonymousreply 109May 28, 2018 10:58 PM

r109 Why?

by Anonymousreply 110May 28, 2018 11:11 PM

Not R109 but but reminded me a bit of some of the more “absurd” or dark comedy X-files. Like the parking garage scene where the mystery person vanishes, then reappears and says “oh my car’s the other way”. About on par with Elsbeth Tascioni fighting with her Alexa/Siri.

by Anonymousreply 111May 29, 2018 2:37 AM

I agree with R109, too. I was disappointed.

The absurd, over-the-top Lucca-in-labor scenes (in the car, especially!) felt wildly out of sync with the tone of the show... and I say that as someone who loves that character and the show.

Lucca's shrieking with her feet on the windshield and Maia frantically tapping on her phone while speeding through the streets of Chicago were just silly, and the whole feuding-mothers-in-law/"let's all swear to make you feel better!" storylines were equally ridiculous. Lucca went from a strong, confident and capable character to a hysterical bad-rom-com cliché as soon as the first contraction hit.

And I thought Diane's season-long storyline ended with a whimper instead of a bang. I didn't have that "I can't wait to see what happens next!" feeling that I did at the end of season one.

by Anonymousreply 112May 30, 2018 12:22 PM

r111 See, that was my favourite part. The perfect self-aware little wink from the writers saying, "We know all of this Trump stuff on the show and in the real world has been silly."

I loved the labour scenes and Diane's conclusion as well because they were a nice light surprise after we've been promised an all-out war by the Republicans an episode or two ago. Summer is starting and I've no patience for that heavy stuff anymore.

by Anonymousreply 113May 30, 2018 12:31 PM

Oh, and I thought the first season was so bad I've already erased it from my memory, so I can't really compare the two.

by Anonymousreply 114May 30, 2018 12:33 PM

Aw, she’s so cute R96!

by Anonymousreply 115May 30, 2018 1:12 PM

Season 3 starts tomorrow!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116March 13, 2019 3:57 PM

Can't wait. This is the best show around.

by Anonymousreply 117March 13, 2019 4:12 PM

Oh, and how killer is that salmon coat? Love how Rose Leslie is dressed like a black hole; the showrunners know we all hate her. Hopefully, she gets even less to do this season.

by Anonymousreply 118March 13, 2019 4:15 PM

I love this show too.

by Anonymousreply 119March 13, 2019 4:18 PM

Rose really does fade into the wallpaper. She didn't even get good lighting on her face, like Sara Steele.

by Anonymousreply 120March 13, 2019 4:20 PM

Audra was a voice major at Juilliard, R62.

by Anonymousreply 121March 13, 2019 4:35 PM

Love this show too but last season was a little meh. Hope this season is better.

by Anonymousreply 122March 13, 2019 4:37 PM

I vastly preferred the second season to the first one.

by Anonymousreply 123March 13, 2019 4:41 PM

Welcome back, Cush Jumbo!

Hopefully, they give her more to do this season, now that the pregnancy is done, on- and offscreen.

Is there a Season Three thread?

by Anonymousreply 124March 13, 2019 11:33 PM

Cush Jumbo and Baranski are the best things on that show.

by Anonymousreply 125March 13, 2019 11:35 PM

Season three thread at the link, Cush Jumbo Troll et al.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126March 13, 2019 11:44 PM

Many thanks, R126!

by Anonymousreply 127March 14, 2019 12:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!