Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

German actors gossips?

We have noce thread about french cinema gossips, and I need one about Germany. August Diehl, Daniel Bruhl, Max Riemelt and all the rest. You can add Christoph Waltz, even though he is from Austria.

by Anonymousreply 142April 15, 2019 4:57 AM

Do the German actors here count? Such awesome bodies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2018 12:53 PM

I'm more interested in gossip about Belgians

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2018 1:03 PM

R2 well, do we have any? I only know he is going out with a lawyer, but apart from that nothing.

by Anonymousreply 3February 28, 2018 1:09 PM

Tom Wlaschiha is family, though not out publicly.

by Anonymousreply 4February 28, 2018 1:17 PM

Waltz is part German and part Austrian BTW.

by Anonymousreply 5February 28, 2018 1:24 PM

I’ve been following hottie pocket-twink Jannik Schümann ever since I saw him in “Center of My World”. I don’t read German, but his social media accounts don’t seem to indicate any romantic ladies in his life. And he’s heavy into musical theater. Hope he’s family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 28, 2018 4:26 PM

Same for the adorable Louis Hofmann from the same film “Center of My World”. No gf that I can find 😏

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 28, 2018 4:29 PM

Ty OP! Well, anything on Diehl and Brühl?

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2018 12:21 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 9March 17, 2018 9:21 PM

What do we know about Volker Bruch, the lead on Babylon Berlin?

by Anonymousreply 10March 17, 2018 9:25 PM

What about me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 17, 2018 9:28 PM

Bruhl is excellent in “The Alienist” and I’m amazed at how much work he’s getting in high profile U.S. projects—very rare for a German actor in this day and age.

I wish I had some gossip on him, but all I know right now is that I like him in everything I’ve seen him in so far, and I’m really happy for his (unexpected) success.

by Anonymousreply 12March 17, 2018 9:40 PM

Benno Fuhrmann. Good, and hot.

by Anonymousreply 13March 18, 2018 7:34 AM

R12

He speaks five or six languages fluently so his english is not even that impressive. I really like him too. There was some old thread with poster Who had dirt on him, but never elaborated.

by Anonymousreply 14March 18, 2018 8:13 AM

ÄÖÜ äöü ß

by Anonymousreply 15March 18, 2018 9:48 AM

Daniel Brühl is extremely career driven from what I read about him. He is the top of a new crop of actors and producers in Germany that plans their resume for practically decades ahead. He is part of a network that is very much committed to economics in movie and TV which I think is in strong contrast to the traditional European actors' approach. Actors in Germany (or all Europe really) are usually all about "interesting gigs" or just getting any sort of work. Daniel Brühl has business acumen, has a profile as producer and even as director I think. Having said this, he will not have any scandal derail his career. He is married with a kid, gay friendly but not gay. If he is gay or bi, he will not make it public as it would probably be an obstacle for him to be successful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 18, 2018 12:32 PM

I don't know it for a fact, I just know that Daniel Donskoy is gay. His Instagram, the lack of stories about girlfriends and my gaydar tell me he is gay. He currently stars in a new TV show, "Sankt Maik", playing a charming con-artist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 18, 2018 12:40 PM

Anything on Johann Jürgens? He is my fave in Babylon Berlin, though part is it is loving the character.

Volker Bruch seems very short. In photos her seems to be the same height as Liv Lisa Fries.

by Anonymousreply 18March 18, 2018 12:42 PM

Florian David Fitz lives in a glass closet. I think a couple years back he lived with a boyfriend. But he is in his mid-forties and still too busy to date.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 18, 2018 12:53 PM

Bruhl was so good in Burnt with Bradley Cooper. He played gay character who was in love with Cooper's character. Great performance in weak movie.

by Anonymousreply 20March 24, 2018 4:38 PM

From 1997 to 2000 openly gay Laurent Daniels played a gay character on a German daily soap called Gute Zeiten Schlechte Zeiten (Good Times Bad Times - adapted from the Netherlands I believe). But to this day he deeply regrets to commit to the show, because he couldn't find any more acting gigs, because he was on a soap and his singing career tanked, too. Only recently he got a bit of a comeback going after he re-invented himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 24, 2018 5:21 PM

This is how Laurent Daniels looks now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 24, 2018 5:22 PM

Laurent Daniel's scene partner, who played his love interest, Ralf Benson was rumored to be gay, or bi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 24, 2018 5:29 PM

Robert Stadlober is bi or no lables.

One datalounger started a thread about two years ago and claimed to be in a secret "relationship" german actor Sebastian Koch.

by Anonymousreply 24March 24, 2018 5:54 PM

R24, I think Robert Stadlober's only relationship is with himself. He seems to be manic-depressive, or at least goes through manic phases. I have a friend who lived in the same apartment building as him. Everyone was glad when he moved out.

by Anonymousreply 25March 24, 2018 6:02 PM

Horst Bucholz was one of the beautiful animals that ever lived. Somebody please post the very revealing pic of him and Daniele Gaubert that was in Playboy decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 26March 24, 2018 6:37 PM

Jochen Schropp is gay. He is an actor and moderator. Very interesting who he followes on instagram [nearly only gax guys exvlusively] and very different to his followings on his twitter account [more professionel].

by Anonymousreply 27March 24, 2018 6:46 PM

Who's the hot blonde guy who was in a few rom com kind of things and is now doing more serious fare? Always thought he was sexy.

by Anonymousreply 28March 24, 2018 6:51 PM

r27 Aging really agrees with him, the lucky bitch. Looks so much better with some salt in his hair and beard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 24, 2018 6:56 PM

Laurent Daniels when younger (R21): Nein.

Laurent Daniels when older (R22): Ja!

by Anonymousreply 30March 24, 2018 7:06 PM

Lead from Berlin Babylon. Anything on him?

by Anonymousreply 31March 24, 2018 7:08 PM

Daniel Brühl early in his career did a movie with Judi Dench and Maggie Smith and he held his own.

Very talented guy.

by Anonymousreply 32March 24, 2018 7:13 PM

R29 He goes several times a week to the gym. He is indeed very hot. Tall, dark, handsom, good cook and has a quirky sense of humor. I'm still not sure who his bf is...

Sorry can't say anything about Daniel Brühl because he is totally off my radar.

by Anonymousreply 33March 24, 2018 7:30 PM

R33

[quote]Sorry can't say anything about Daniel Brühl because he is totally off my radar.

How dare you? Investigate!!!

by Anonymousreply 34March 24, 2018 8:05 PM

Anything on Max Mauff or Louis Hofmann?

by Anonymousreply 35March 24, 2018 9:13 PM

You mean Matthias Schweighöfer? R28

by Anonymousreply 36March 24, 2018 10:31 PM

Yes, R36, that's who. Thank you.

I saw What a Man and Schlussmacher on Netflix, both relatively lighthearted, but it seems like many of his other movies are more serious.

by Anonymousreply 37March 25, 2018 3:06 AM

Anything on Max Heartmelt, er, Riemelt?

by Anonymousreply 38March 25, 2018 3:20 AM

What do we know about Mein Grossenschwantz?

by Anonymousreply 39March 25, 2018 3:37 AM

r37 Wife and kid, apparently.

And yes, can we please get something on Riemelt? Anything, really. He's the sexiest one of them all but seems to be a complete mystery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 25, 2018 10:35 AM

[quote]Anything on Max Heartmelt, er, Riemelt?

He has a daughter who's probably around nine or ten now. He has long since split up with the babymama. Some rumors recently that he may have become engaged, but not sure about that.

by Anonymousreply 41March 25, 2018 10:51 AM

One from yesteryear. Gay (Austrian) actor Anton Walbrook (right) with German actor Willy Fritsch (who I don't think was gay):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 25, 2018 11:01 AM

Daniel Bruhl is at least bi. His father is German Brazilian from Sao Paulo and he goes down Brazil a lot. I've personally seen him hooking up with a a couple of guys. I don't think he hides it from anyone. Every time he's invited to the Sao Paulo international film festival he hooks up with Brazilian dick.

by Anonymousreply 43March 25, 2018 12:32 PM

By the way I've seen Bruhl hooking up with guys at the same gay venue James Franco openly hooked up with dudes in 2012 while in Sao Paulo, it even made the news with several major Brazilian sites reporting on Franco.

by Anonymousreply 44March 25, 2018 12:43 PM

I thought Bruhl was born in Spain, not brazil.

by Anonymousreply 45March 25, 2018 3:27 PM

Jochen Schropp is gay. My roommate when I first moved here had nothing nice to say about him because (according to my ex-roommate) he's a sloppy drunk who flirts with other guys' boyfriends.

At the moment, my friends are questioning Roy Peter Link, currently on "In aller Freundschaft – Die jungen Ärzte." It's an ok series. Don't know if he's secretive like Riz Ahmed but he ended a relationship with a girl in 2014. I suspect it's wishful thinking, but he would definitely be catnip to some posters who are into his type.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46March 25, 2018 4:24 PM

R46 Danke für die Infos. Ich "kannte" ihn halt nur von Instagram/Twitter/TV - und da kommt er eigentlich recht nett rüber. Scheiße wenn er immer mit Männern flirtet die bereits vergeben sind, v.a. wenn deren Partner auch anwesend sind... Absolutes NO.

by Anonymousreply 47March 25, 2018 5:04 PM

Meintest du absolut gar nicht? Es ärgert mich auch sehr, wenn jemand öffentlich flirtet mit dem Partner des Mannes. Wie lange hast du in DE gewohnt, Berliner?

by Anonymousreply 48March 25, 2018 6:08 PM

Ich wohne immer noch in Berlin ;-) Und du so?

Ich weiß nicht ob ich dich recht verstehe, aber ... naja... "gucken" z.B. auf Parties finde ich OK, aber excessives flirten und Anmache ist mir einfach zu viel und gegenüber dem noch anwesenden Partner und den bereits bestehenden Partnerschaften (der eigenen sowie des anderen) einfach respektlos. Ich vermute, das geht dann aufs Konto vom Alk und so in die Richtung von mal den eigenen Marktwert prüfen... ;-)

(sorry for writing German ... but my English is mostly crap)

by Anonymousreply 49March 25, 2018 6:20 PM

Kein Problem, R49. Und ich bin einverstanden. Von welchen anderen Schauspielern hast du Gerüchte gehört?

by Anonymousreply 50March 25, 2018 6:29 PM

Gott, ich schau seit Jahren so gut wie kein deutsches TV mehr...das wird schwer...

Hmm... Matthias Schweighöfer ist immer wieder im Gespräch und wurde schon genannt- zwar verheiratet aber soll auch gerne mal gelegentlich was mit Männern haben.

Jo Weil (Oliver aus Verbotene Liebe) pingt total für mich, aber vielleicht ist mein gaydar ja einfach auch nur kaputt. Thore Schölermann (Christian aus Verbotene Liebe) pingt hingegen bei mir nicht. Scheint aber mit Jochen Schropp befreundet zu sein, also wer weiß....

Daniel Brühl - nach wie vor keine Meinung zu ihm. Pingt nicht bei mir.

Max Riemelt: tolle Rollen in Sense8 und Freier Fall. Ich vermute hetero.

Ansonsten nur die üblichen Verdächtigen: Marco Schreyl (glass closetted), Jochen Bendel (out).

by Anonymousreply 51March 25, 2018 6:51 PM

And how about english translation? Even though i understood that Daniel Bruhl doesnt ping for R51

by Anonymousreply 52March 25, 2018 6:55 PM

I’m curious about the Jo Weil bit...I understood the other ones. R51

by Anonymousreply 53March 25, 2018 6:58 PM

I'll translate for him.

Matthias Schweighöfer is constantly discussed. Despite being married, he'd probably still have fun with guys.

Jo Weil does ping, and he's hot when he has facial hair.

When I can remember the name of the show, I'll come back. It's about a female doctor or vet on an island, and there's another doctor on this show who has eyes like Eric Dane. I don't have a specific type or race preference, but he's one I'd put in the wishful thinking category.

by Anonymousreply 54March 25, 2018 7:02 PM

OK -- I'll try it in English ;-)

It's hard for me to give any informations about German actors because I barely watch German TV anymore...

Matthias Schweighöfer is rumoured to have fligs with guys occacionally despite being married to a woman.

Jo Weil (Oliver from Forbidden love -- German soap) pings for me. Thore Schölermann (Christian from Forbidden Love) doesn't ping but he is friends with Jochen Schropp who is confirmed gay so who knows...

Daniel Brühl - still no real opinion about him. He just doesn't ping for me but I might be wrong, of course.

Max Riemelt: great actor and great roles in Sense8 and Free Fall. But I'm assuming he is straight.

Besides them only the usual suspects: Marco Schreyl (glass closetted) and Jochen Bendel (out) (both are TV presenters).

by Anonymousreply 55March 25, 2018 7:03 PM

R54 😘

by Anonymousreply 56March 25, 2018 7:05 PM

Marco Schreyl: muscle queen, very religious.

by Anonymousreply 57March 25, 2018 7:07 PM

Thanks R55

by Anonymousreply 58March 25, 2018 7:12 PM

how about Friedrich Mücke? any possible gay gossip on him?

by Anonymousreply 59March 25, 2018 7:19 PM

Devid Striesow pings.

Heard rumours about Kostja Ullmann, but that could have been due to him starring in a gay themed movie called Sommersturm( summer storm).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 25, 2018 11:39 PM

Anything on Kai Ivo Baulitz?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61March 26, 2018 12:23 AM

R60 MARY!

MUTTI!

by Anonymousreply 62March 26, 2018 10:23 AM

Speaking of Sommersturm, what about Hanno Koffler? I know he has a kid, but he seems to play gay a lot both on screen and on stage.

by Anonymousreply 63March 26, 2018 10:36 AM

For a brief period I had a huge crush on Henning Baum. He played the lead in a couple of German crime shows in one his character was gay (Herz und Handschellen).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 26, 2018 10:42 AM

Are there any gay/bi austrian actors?

by Anonymousreply 65March 26, 2018 11:17 AM

R65, Robert Stadlober

by Anonymousreply 66March 26, 2018 2:01 PM

Handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 26, 2018 2:14 PM

Hey Bitches!

Ich komm auch aus Deutschland :P

by Anonymousreply 68March 26, 2018 2:20 PM

More gossips abut Bruhl. I always knew he is bi.

by Anonymousreply 69March 26, 2018 3:27 PM

R26, when my ex had a one night stand with Horst Bucholz I was jealous as hell. He said he was a great lay. I got back at him a few years later when I blew Alain Delon in a video booth-my ex always wanted to get it on with Delon.

What, no mention of Til Schweiger, Christian Koch or Thomas Kretschmann? I think all three are straight but being European I suspect at least one of them has enjoyed the homosex.

by Anonymousreply 70March 26, 2018 3:37 PM

Here Til Schweiger is considered just another actor who's made it in Hollywood: works regularly, nothing special (acting-wise.) He's admitted in an article to having nonsexual "homoerotische Freundschaften," that he's kissed male friends, laid in bed and cuddled. Give me a second to find a copy of the article and I'll include it.

by Anonymousreply 71March 26, 2018 4:00 PM

Anything on Vladimir Burlakov?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 26, 2018 4:00 PM

Til Schweiger is one of those Germans who look Asian.

Burlakov is gay, gay, gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73March 26, 2018 4:06 PM

R71 here. . . found it!

[quote]„Ich habe ständig homoerotische Beziehungen zu meinen Freunden“, verrät er in einem Interview, „aber nicht sexuelle.“ Und: „Mit meinem besten Freund lege ich mich sogar ins Bett und kuschle mich an ihn.“ Und: „Ich finde Schmusen fast schöner als Sex.“

Translation: "I've always had homoerotic relationships with my friends, but not sexual. I've even laid with my best friend in bed and cuddled with him. I find cuddling slightly (or almost) more beautiful than sex."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 26, 2018 4:08 PM

I believe Til Schweiger has some decent movie success in Germany teaming up with his real life daughter in movies like Kokowääh (there's a sequel from that) and Honig im Kopf. The last one is planned to be adapted for Hollywood (Till plays a father of young girl struggling with understanding what's going on with her grandfather who has Alzheimers).

by Anonymousreply 75March 26, 2018 4:09 PM

Til Schweiger was in Inglorious Basterds, correct? He looked good, and I saw him in bunch of other movies, but he never impressed me as an actor.

by Anonymousreply 76March 26, 2018 4:28 PM

BTW, any good german homoerotic movies? I saw Free Fall and Love in Thoughts with Diehl and Bruhl (both were great). Anything else?

by Anonymousreply 77March 26, 2018 4:29 PM

Maybe Die Geschwister R77

by Anonymousreply 78March 26, 2018 4:36 PM

There's only been a handful of German gay homoerotic films. I know this only because I've asked repeatedly to help learn the language. There's a store in the neighborhood that has a section for gay titles but most are international with German audio or subtitles. "Coming In" is more comedy than romance starring Kostja Ullman, the dark-haired guy who played opposite the blond in Sommersturm. But I seem to remember a shower scene or two that weren't particularly gratuitous. He's a pocket straight with a stereotypical pretty blond wife who also does something in the biz.

I'm asking some of my friends here for an updated list for you, R77. First one to respond has said, 'check out Futuro Beach.' It appears to be a mix of German and Brazilian Portuguese.

by Anonymousreply 79March 26, 2018 4:50 PM

[quote]BTW, any good german homoerotic movies?

Die Mitte Der Welt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80March 26, 2018 4:55 PM

How do you posters know German? Are you German? If not, does your family speak it at home? Did you learn it on your own? For a job? Just a random question. Don’t let it distract from the thread.

Indeed R80. Here’s more of the fuckable little twink Jannik, first mentioned above in R6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 26, 2018 5:03 PM

There is much less gossip about celebs in Germany than in the US, and people are much more careful and reserved in gossiping on the internet; but of course German celebs can't always not be much part of gossip and Germany has to try to become a bit more independent from American entertainment industry; German celebs have never sued a poster on the internet, and it would be unwise to do so for them, but generally people are much more careful in what they write on the internet in Germany, and German media pretends everyone famous &co is straight.

I read some gay rumors about Florian David Fitz and about Simon Verhoeven, his mother is Senta Berger who had a short Hollywood career and a big career in Germany and internationally, his father is a successful director, whose father was a director, legend, as well. Rosa von Praunheim is an openly gay director, modern legend, and he outed Götz George, a famous German macho actor, don't know if he said mostly gay or gay, George sued, his father was a legend. A film critic who worked for respectable regional papers told a friend of mine 20 years ago, that if you want to make it in German movies, you just have to offer your behind, he named director Detlev Buck as someone quite into the gay casting couch, he was e.g. important for the careers of David Kross, who had Hollywood movies with Kate Winslet and Spielberg, and Till Schweiger, who looked like a rent boy, when starting out. I guess his attraction to women is real, but I read some gossip on German gay site meindbna.de, that he was with his boyfriend at a party with the poster. Christoph Maria Herbst played the German 'Office' lead, he sounded kinda out at the beginning of his career, does have girlfriends since then, but I guess they aren't real relationships, his present one is very dykey, and before that he was with an actress who has a child with the guy from E.T. An actor said in a late night show he was on a cruise and actor Gedeon Burkhard was there with a lady boy, is I think also friends with Roland Emmerich, as is actor Hannes Jaenicke, environmentalist and childless; Ralf Bauer, childless as well, relationships with women seemed a bit fake.

Sascha Hehn, pretty sure at least bi, childless, does have relationships with women though of course. Important producer Nico Hofmann no relationships with women public, Oliver Berben, had his first producing job, or one of his first in the gay sitcom Bewegte Männer, after a comic of the gay author Ralf König, artists tend to be more real at the beginning of their career, his mother is successful actress Iris Berben, he looks semitic and she was in Israel for a a pretty long time before he was born, she never disclosed the father of her son, there are rumors it is Israel singer Abi Ofarim; Oliver Berben presents himself as a womanizer, and the media does, and I guess it's true, he might have used and use the gay casting couch quite a bit with his actors though, famous producer Bernd Eichinger half-jewish (as well), probably also gay casting-couch type, Helmut Dietl presented himself as straight, they all do, guess he used gay casting couch quite a bit as well. Thomas Fritsch, was German voice of Russell Crowe, Jeremy Irons, William Hurt, and had many other voice roles, but also a big career in German acting, is openly bi; Clemens Schick, was in Casino Royale, Bond #1 with Craig, came out as gay after his main success was over. A friend of mine interned in a main theatre in Bonn 20 years ago and she said the male actors were all gay or had another problem. Marc Waschke, guess gay or bi, Oliver Hasenfratz, I guess died of AIDS, I guess gay; Benno Fürmann, in an interview I saw, he kinda admitted to being attracted to men, I guess bi, maybe gay, Matthieu Carriere admitted in a talkshow to being attracted to men, presents himself as bi and straight, Hape Kerkeling openly gay, had some movies with former lover, who is a writer; Sebastian Koch, guess gay or bi. And then there was and is the pervy problem

I won't answer to questions, I never do that on dl and similar sites

by Anonymousreply 82March 26, 2018 5:20 PM

I wish I could find that German film about a somewhat successful rent boy in Berlin. Anybody know what happened to that actor? I think the film was made in the early 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 83March 26, 2018 6:06 PM

R83, I thought you were talking about "Die Jungs vom Bahnhof Zoo" (Rent Boys), but that's a documentary. Do you remember more regarding the plot?

by Anonymousreply 84March 26, 2018 6:40 PM

[quote] he named director Detlev Buck as someone quite into the gay casting couch

Woah, Detlev Buck, really? He comes across so stereotypically straight. If this is true, I wonder if he hooked up with some of the twinks in those awful "Bibi & Tina" children's films he 's doing now.

[quote] e.g. David Kross

This OTOH is less surprising, as I've seen suggestions about Kross before - but I took them to refer to Kreuzpaintner or Daldry rather than Buck (does Kross work with [italic]any[/italic] straight directors?)

[quote] Christoph Maria Herbst

I remember him casually saying on a talk show once that he used to have crush on Tommi Ohrner as "Timm Thaler" when he was a kid and unsure about his sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 85March 26, 2018 6:41 PM

This one, r83?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86March 26, 2018 6:42 PM

Yes, that’s the one, R86, thanks!

I meant Sebastian Koch in my earlier post, not Christian Koch.

by Anonymousreply 87March 26, 2018 8:06 PM

Austrian actors:

Helmut Berger ( once called the most beautiful man in the world) is openly bi or gay leaning bi and said that he had threesomes with Mick Jagger and turned David Bowie down.

Philipp Hochmair, who is most famous for playing a right wing closet case politician in the series Vorstadtweiber also has gay rumours.

by Anonymousreply 88March 26, 2018 8:37 PM

Berger wasn’t as beautiful as Alain Delon. Sexy, yes, but not one of the world’s great beauties.

by Anonymousreply 89March 26, 2018 11:27 PM

Apparently Berger was considered a muse. Which I imagine was what fuck toys were called when being passed around amongst the European Gay Mafia members of that era.

by Anonymousreply 90March 27, 2018 9:46 AM

Florian Wünsche. Who's had him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91March 27, 2018 6:06 PM

R91, insert joke about "that is a wish I would like to make."

by Anonymousreply 92March 27, 2018 6:25 PM

[quote] he named director Detlev Buck as someone quite into the gay casting couch, he was e.g. important for the careers of David Kross

Hm, Kross was only 14 going on 15 when Buck discovered him; not necessarily illegal in Germany, but certainly scandalous if true. (I still have a hard time seeing Buck as anything but straight though, tbh.)

by Anonymousreply 93March 27, 2018 6:34 PM

For beauty, Clift, B.A, .had them all beat. Delon was very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 94March 27, 2018 7:54 PM

STEPHANE AUDRAN IS DEAD11 CAN ANYONE MAKE A THREAD ON HER PASSINGßß

by Anonymousreply 95March 27, 2018 8:19 PM

Wasn’t Matthias Schweighöfer outed by a drag Queen or am i getting things mixed up? Also some minor soap actors. I remember Jürgen Vogel saying something about living with a fellow actor which sounded an awful lot like a relationship gone wrong.What about hunk du jour Elyas ?

by Anonymousreply 96March 27, 2018 8:21 PM

[quote]What about hunk du jour Elyas ?

Elyas M'Barek?

by Anonymousreply 97March 27, 2018 8:27 PM

Yeah.Girlfriends seem to pop up at very convenient times.Seems to be good friends with Fitz

by Anonymousreply 98March 27, 2018 8:42 PM

Anything on Tobias Schenke?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99March 27, 2018 10:43 PM

r99

Wasn't there a DLer who directed a movie with him? Don't know if that guy's still around, though.

by Anonymousreply 100March 27, 2018 10:55 PM

More on Schweighöfer getting outed by a drag queen please!

by Anonymousreply 101March 27, 2018 11:22 PM

Emil Jannings schwung both vays.

by Anonymousreply 102March 28, 2018 8:11 AM

We had datalounger who was a writer on some movie with very young Daniel Bruhl.

by Anonymousreply 103March 28, 2018 8:43 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 104March 30, 2018 8:02 PM

I wish The Blue Hour was streaming on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 105March 30, 2018 8:11 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106March 30, 2018 8:14 PM

r103

Ah yes, I just checked IMDb, it's the same guy I was thinking of (I had misremembered - he was the screenwriter on the Tobias Schenke film as well, not the director).

by Anonymousreply 107March 30, 2018 8:24 PM

Not sure if anoyne's pervy enough to be interested, but both Louis Hofmann and Tobias Schenke did quite lurid (though nudity-free) straight rape scenes on German tv; I'll put up links if anyone would like to see them.

by Anonymousreply 108March 30, 2018 8:30 PM

Any info on Matthias Beier?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109April 30, 2018 7:11 PM

Is Moritz Blebitreu a gay? He has the perfect ass for plowing! He also looks very Italian or Jewish for a German of Austrian descent. I love his look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110April 30, 2018 7:27 PM

I meant Bleibtreu

by Anonymousreply 111April 30, 2018 8:11 PM

He has a child R110. Could be bi though....

by Anonymousreply 112April 30, 2018 8:42 PM

Anything on Giovanni Arvaneh?

by Anonymousreply 113April 30, 2018 9:37 PM

Daniel Brühl is married. He secretly tied the knot in 2016. He and his wife have a son. His name is Anton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114April 30, 2018 9:54 PM

Sebastian Koch! The Lives of Others! Wunderbar....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115April 30, 2018 10:23 PM

German TV host and actor Jochen Schropp came out as gay publicly today. Sooo proud of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116June 13, 2018 7:42 PM

Steve Windolf. Mmmmmmmm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 13, 2018 7:56 PM

I like Peter Becker's stereotypically severe Germanic features.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118June 13, 2018 7:58 PM

Why has Lars Eidinger shown an erection in like five mainsteam films?

And he does Richard III frontally nude on stage.

Is he just a huge exhibitionist?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119June 13, 2018 8:03 PM

An exhibitionist. Not huge.

by Anonymousreply 120June 13, 2018 10:54 PM

Emil Jannings hatte BDSM gern.

by Anonymousreply 121June 13, 2018 11:54 PM

Anything on Thomas Kretschmann?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122June 14, 2018 5:28 AM

Roy Peter Link is bisexual. But you need to get him drunk first.

by Anonymousreply 123June 14, 2018 6:58 PM

R119--to distract from that chin.

by Anonymousreply 124June 17, 2018 5:05 AM

Anything on Knut Berger?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 17, 2018 5:20 AM

Any gossip on Nina Hoss and Ronald Zehrfeld? I think they are both amazing actors( Phoenix, Barbara, etc) but I can't find many English language sources on them in terms of personal info.

by Anonymousreply 126October 20, 2018 8:33 PM

All German actors are expected to go nude in one scene in every movie and TV show.

It is expected; it is normal.

by Anonymousreply 127October 20, 2018 8:37 PM

But not only Germans, Italians do it as well.

by Anonymousreply 128October 20, 2018 8:38 PM

And the Frenchies...most European actors do that.

by Anonymousreply 129October 20, 2018 8:39 PM

Something about Torben Liebrecht? Like...anything?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130October 20, 2018 8:47 PM

R122 He is straight, but played convincing a gay role when he was very young in "Wir zusammen allein mit dir" [no english title for that, sorry] Loved him in that small movie and still love his deep voice.

by Anonymousreply 131October 20, 2018 8:50 PM

R5 German and Austrian are basically the same ethnicity. That actor looks very Slavic or Eastern European but he's from what was then East Germany when he was born so that's why.

by Anonymousreply 132November 20, 2018 10:30 AM

R7 Waltz is Ösi (Austrian), born in Vienna, not Ossi (East-German)...

by Anonymousreply 133November 20, 2018 5:36 PM

Thore Schölermann just got engaged.

by Anonymousreply 134February 23, 2019 2:14 PM

Tom Schilling is very skinny but surprisingly funny.

by Anonymousreply 135April 8, 2019 11:13 PM

Have you covered Ronald Zehrfeld? He was so hot in Lose My Self.

by Anonymousreply 136April 8, 2019 11:21 PM

He wears a natty mo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 10, 2019 2:01 AM

What do we know about Ftanz Hartwig?

I just binge watched Pagans Peak/ Der Pass which is the German-Austrian take and a tweaked version of The Scandi Bridge goes alpine and snowbound. Loved it (any German dish on how that went down in Germany with success for a further series btw?)

Anyways - there's not much on Franz's IMDB page, yet he comes out of nowhere with a third wheel charactisation role + impresses somehow humanizing a stone cold psychopath.

I want to see more of him - but he doesn't seem to have anything slated after Der Pass.

Any info from our Deitsche Freunde bitte?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138April 10, 2019 11:43 AM

Austria used to be "East Germany"? Are you posting from 1938 R132?

by Anonymousreply 139April 10, 2019 12:27 PM

Can anyone recommend any good recent-ish German TV or movies?

by Anonymousreply 140April 13, 2019 10:45 PM

R140 You might enjoy the work of Christian Petzold (Phoenix, Barbara, Yella , Jerichow ). He's a tremendous talent . I still haven't seen his newest film, Transit , but am looking for to it as it received very good reviews.

by Anonymousreply 141April 13, 2019 10:50 PM

I’ve long wanted to see Phoenix as I had tickets at a film festival but decided not to go at the last minute. Thanks for the rec, r141.

by Anonymousreply 142April 15, 2019 4:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!