Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘L.A. Confidential’ TV Series

Casting kicks off with Walton Goggins.

[quote]Justified and Vice Principals alum Walton Goggins is set for a lead role in CBS drama pilot L.A. Confidential, based on James Ellroy’s classic noir novel, from Arnon Milchan, producer of the acclaimed 1997 L.A. Confidential movie; CBS TV Studios; New Regency; and Lionsgate TV. In addition, Anna Fricke (Being Human) has signed on as executive producer and co-showrunner alongside Jordan Harper.

[quote]Written by Harper and directed by Michael Dinner, L.A. Confidential follows three homicide detectives, a female reporter and a Hollywood actress whose paths intersect as the detectives pursue a sadistic serial killer among the secrets and lies of gritty, glamorous 1950s Los Angeles.

[quote]Goggins will play one of the detectives, Jack Vincennes. All swagger and flash with a movie-star smile, Jack knows how the system works and uses it to his best advantage, including some corrupt shakedowns on the side. The role was played by Kevin Spacey in the movie that premiered at the 1997 Cannes Film Festival and went to on score nine Oscar nominations, including Best Picture, and two wins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 18, 2018 7:33 PM

Bitch stole my act!

by Anonymousreply 1February 21, 2018 8:42 PM

Yeesh, what a fivehead. I guess it helps that he looks like the killers he'll be pursuing.

by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2018 9:26 PM

Goggins is hot. I've always wanted to fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2018 9:44 PM

What low standards you have, R3, not that you'd have a chance.

by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2018 9:48 PM

R4 You must be a blast at parties.

Oh, wait... no one invites *you*

by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2018 10:02 PM

I hope this series is good. The movie is one of my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2018 10:04 PM

What's considered low standards for some is simply a different taste for others.

Do we think we'll finally get to see Walton going nude? He's not getting any younger so now would be the perfect time to do it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 21, 2018 10:08 PM

Who does this BITCH think she is, stealing MY role?!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2018 11:55 PM

R3 here, and R7 proves my point. See how wide he can open his mouth?

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2018 12:40 AM

Venus Van Dam!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2018 12:43 AM

Anyone know who the hottie photographer is in r10's clip?

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2018 12:49 AM

That's Theo Rossi who played Juice on Sons of Anarchy.

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2018 12:53 AM

r12 Thanks! I knew he was familiar for some reason and I now recall lusting over him in Luke Cage as well.

Fucking hell, he's hot. I could definitely see myself bearing his children over many lifetimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2018 1:03 AM

hope it has some gay elements.....

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2018 1:10 AM

To be canceled in four episodes...NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2018 1:10 AM

Interesting. Definitely feels like more of a prestige cable series you'd see on FX or AMC.

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2018 1:23 AM

[bold]‘Sense8’ Star [and DL fave] Brian J. Smith Takes Lead Role in ‘L.A. Confidential’ Pilot at CBS[/bold]

[quote]Smith will play Detective Ed Exley, the role played by Guy Pearce in the 1997 film. Exley is described as cold though not without a conscience, obviously brilliant, authoritative, and fiercely ambitious. The son of former hero detective turned real estate developer, Preston Exley, he is determined to make his mark and to become a hero in his father’s eyes. Competing against the memory of his deceased brother, his father’s favorite, Ed will do anything to prove himself. He wants nothing more than to make detective and is single-minded in his pursuit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 23, 2018 1:38 AM

^^ Gay elements confirmed, R14.

by Anonymousreply 18February 23, 2018 1:39 AM

Cannot improve on the movie.

by Anonymousreply 19February 23, 2018 1:46 AM

I love Brian J. Smith!

by Anonymousreply 20February 23, 2018 2:31 PM

tyrtyr

by Anonymousreply 21February 24, 2018 2:10 AM

Mark Webber, Alana Arenas, Shea Whigham have also been cast in lead roles back in March. It's an okay cast, I guess.

Whigham is a dependable workhorse of an actor, Whigham seems nice, but I've no clue who Webber is. I just know he's married to Teresa Palmer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 9, 2018 12:25 AM

Might actually watch a CBS procedural, solely based on the Brian J. Smith of it all

by Anonymousreply 23April 9, 2018 12:46 AM

Someone mentioned in a Brian J Smith thread that this hasn't been picked up, which shocked some of us. I found this article from May:

[quote]As is the case every year, studios will try to find new homes for many of the pilots that got a pass which is always a daunting task. But there is an intriguing proposition among the pilots that didn’t make the cut at CBS – 1950s drama LA Confidential, based on James Ellroy’s classic novel.

[quote]It a project that drew the same reaction throughout pilot season – from script stage to network screenings – it’s a great show but does it belong on CBS? (CBS in 2012 took a chance with a period crime drama, Vegas, which only lasted one season.) Because of that, from the get-go there has been speculation that LA Confidential could go to CBS’ streaming sibling CBS All Access.

[quote]LA Confidential was one of the best-received pilots at CBS this season, described as beautifully shot with premium quality that could work on a streaming platform.

[quote]I hear LA Confidential producer CBS Studios, which last season was able to get its passed-on CW pilot Insatiable picked up to series at Netflix, plans to shop it to digital platforms. I hear sibling CBS All Access has first crack because of its corporate ties.

[quote]So far, there has been a perception that, as part of CBS All Access’ effort to establish its own identity, the platfoprm has been reluctant to take in a project that originated on CBS.

[quote]Additionally, some say that the addition of LA Confidential may dilute CBS All Access’ upcoming drama series Strange Angel, which also is set in the 1950s. Others argue that both series could co-exist and could actually create stronger environment for both to do well.

[quote]Regardless of the outcome, there is a lot of good will for the pilot and a strong effort to find it a new home.

So not all is lost yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 18, 2018 3:23 PM

^ That's good to hear

by Anonymousreply 25June 18, 2018 3:28 PM

r22 Photos look like unattractive actors I'd list in the "Turd in the punchbowl" thread.

by Anonymousreply 26June 18, 2018 3:40 PM

It's about damn time. The first time I saw this movie I thought it would make an interesting tv series.

I'd also like to see a tv series made from "Midnight In The Garden Of Good And Evil." John Cusack's character moves to Savannah full time to report on the eccentricities of Savannah's citizens.

by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2018 3:42 PM

Has this pilot actually been ordered to series? Thought it hadn't been.

by Anonymousreply 28June 18, 2018 7:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!