Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Which are the worst Astrology signs to live with?

For me it's Leo, argumentive. And Aries, who can be very self centered, although brave I like Aquarius people. I'm a Cancer.

by Anonymousreply 330November 6, 2018 8:52 PM

Taurus. Selfish, self absorbed and toxic. Presents to outsiders as the big hero but underneath he is just mean.

by Anonymousreply 1February 19, 2018 11:29 AM

Virgo. Pissy, shallow, controlling, vindictive.

by Anonymousreply 2February 19, 2018 11:33 AM

Aw, I like Aries. You never really have to wonder where you stand with them and they almost never play headgames. Virgo and Cancer are just awful though. Emotional landmines all over the place. (No offense OP. I'm sure you're a lovely person, just in general this has been my experience with Cancer.)

by Anonymousreply 3February 19, 2018 11:37 AM

I'm a Scorpio, and I know that I'm supposed to get along well with Pisces, but if I had to live with any of my various Piscean friends I'd kill them in their sleep. Flakey, needy, moody, emotional wrecks who don't know their own minds. Oh, and substance abusers. Make it stop!

by Anonymousreply 4February 19, 2018 11:39 AM

I’m a Leo and I hate arguing. I’d prefer you just do whatever I want, and then there will be no cause for argument.

by Anonymousreply 5February 19, 2018 11:41 AM

Honestly not trying to be a jerk to OP, but I find Cancers to be absolute monsters.

My fellow Libras are flaky as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 6February 19, 2018 11:45 AM

Aries in the house.

by Anonymousreply 7February 19, 2018 12:15 PM

Oh, R4, you nailed it. I'm a Scorpio and have twice had, or tried to have, serious relationships with Pisces men. I'm no longer of the opinion that one can have a serious relationship with a Pisces. These two men were at once very different from one another, but rife with the same annoying habits and problems.

But both were great bottoms. And the 2nd one always had first-rate LSD.

by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2018 12:33 PM

Is everyone mentioning their exes' signs?

by Anonymousreply 9February 19, 2018 12:35 PM

Probably so, R9. For me, two Pisces and two Geminis. The men born under the same sign shared some strong traits. The two Pisces were both head cases who only slowly revealed the depth of the crazy. (They kept it covered up for the world around them. Only as got very close could you see the man behind the curtain.) The two Geminis really did have dual personalities. One was a smart accomplished businessman who was mostly shrewd, but at various times would say the dumbest, shallowest, and most naive things. I could never reconcile it. The other Gemini was a wonderful man who never said anything dumb or naive. This one had an evil twin. They were both consistent with it. That made it manageable. But life with a Gemini is like living a menage a trois.

by Anonymousreply 10February 19, 2018 12:56 PM

Oops. I mean to add...

A friend's parents were both Geminis. He always described himself as being the only child with the largest dysfunctional family possible.

by Anonymousreply 11February 19, 2018 12:58 PM

Shit, Im a Pisces and I know we are the worst lol. I cannot live with anyone. You can visit but you ain't staying! I cannot have you see the real mess I am.

by Anonymousreply 12February 19, 2018 1:00 PM

I am a Taurus and everyone seems to like me a lot but no homo wants to date me. Which is fine because TBH I really do prefer to be alone most of the time. And even I get tired of living with my own needy thoughts, so it’s sort of a lot of work to overcome my self-indulgent tendencies when other people around. I accept my nature, and that includes recognizing that I wouldn’t be a very healthy partner for most people. Too introspective, too moody, too in need of satisfying my own whims. Otherwise, I am a perfectly wonderful person!

by Anonymousreply 13February 19, 2018 3:36 PM

Definitely agree that Geminis are impossible to live with: Even if one personality is nice, the other half is invariably psycho.

by Anonymousreply 14February 19, 2018 5:06 PM

Most of the friends I’ve had that have dipped out on me or been selfish with their ‘friendship’ have been Gems. My Moms, grandma & sis are all Gem moons and while they’re sweet women they drive me batshit with their incessant need for chatter/small talk and for company with anything they do. I’m a Libra/8th house moon and I need my personal space ringfenced from Gems.

by Anonymousreply 15February 19, 2018 6:50 PM

Last year, I had a thing for a Taurus, R13, who was acting emotionally distant and distrustful while being very friendly at the same time. After a while, I found the mixed signs confusing. Being a Virgo who cares about walking away with dignity and not intruding into someone's life if not invited I withdrew. Perhaps other men pick up on your liking of single life and choose not to go there.

by Anonymousreply 16February 19, 2018 7:06 PM

taurus are bad news.....,me me me.....rude, dishonest, selfish.

gemini is scattered = little time for you

sagittarius well it IS a fire sign....i have beefs with this sign, particularity women. they'll mow you down and lie to you to get what they want.

by Anonymousreply 17February 19, 2018 7:12 PM

R16 It’s OK...I don’t really need an explanation. The strangest thing about my not being in a relationship for so long—I think, anyway—is that I really don’t want to be. I love the people I love and I would do anything for them. But I don’t need someone with whom to cohabitate and have petty squabbles about who does the dishes or vacuums or how hot or cold to keep it in here.

I’m really a very loving and caring and gentle person and a friend who always lends an ear and only offers advice when it’s solicited.

I’m *not* a snuggle monster and I’m not someone who can tolerate endless nagging, etc. that comes part and parcel with romantic relationships. And I am pretty insecure on a physical level and have many times in the past been surprised at my own capacity for jealousy, even when I know it’s probably unjustified and damaging. I’m also reaaaaaallllly not dishonest as R17 alleges Taureans are. One primary characteristic that makes me less than entirely nice is that I have a devious side that enjoys being honest almost without exception to see how people will react. (I always try not to be mean about it, but I rarely tell small lies and I can’t recall the last time I told a big one.)

And I don’t need people to like me, R17. ;)

by Anonymousreply 18February 19, 2018 7:18 PM

The only two Virgos that I dated were batshit crazy. One was a pathological liar, the other thought he had super powers and a special mission on Earth. Aquarius men are interesting and intriguing but very aloof and emotionally disconnected. Best experiences in bed were Scorpios, Aries and Taurus (be it either in a Sun, Moon, or Venus placement). Leo here with Virgo rising and Sagittarius Moon and A LOT of Libra in my chart. Yeah, I love astrology..

Funny how I meet a lot of people with the same signs and some others are almost inexistant in my life. Libras are all around me and I can't think of anybody in my life, past or present that was/is a Gemini.

by Anonymousreply 19February 19, 2018 7:19 PM

Sag's cheat. Charming, fun, but cheaters. They need to be constantly stimulated. Aries partner was a stubborn know-it-all with narcissistic tendencies. Not a bad looking guy, but his vanity was out of proportion to his actual appeal. Scorpio was passionate and intense, but also jealous and possessive. I enjoyed my Capricorn partner the most. He's a bit fussy and a little overbearing at times, but we match up well with our interests and tolerate each other's weirdness. It's been 10 years now and we're still happy. I'm a Cancer, too, OP.

by Anonymousreply 20February 19, 2018 7:26 PM

I love virgos as friends but they always seem to be OCD control freaks who lose their shit when they can’t call all the shots. I would never consider living with someone like that.

by Anonymousreply 21February 19, 2018 7:28 PM

All Geminis are bi-polar. All Virgos are psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 22February 19, 2018 7:33 PM

How are Libras "flaky" R6?

by Anonymousreply 23February 19, 2018 7:35 PM

I agree that Libras as flaky. They sort of float around in whatever direction the wind is blowing.

by Anonymousreply 24February 19, 2018 7:36 PM

*are

by Anonymousreply 25February 19, 2018 7:36 PM

I notice that no one has mentioned Libras - maybe they are the most balanced sign.

My mother is a Gemini and it like living with Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. When I would come home from school I never knew if I would get a hug or a tongue lashing. I’m a Cancer.

by Anonymousreply 26February 19, 2018 7:37 PM

I admire Leos most of the time, but I always have to work hard to like them. They’ll lead people as long as there’s a path to lead people down, but as soon as they get to the destination, leos prounounce themselves king and expect everyone to do what they say.

by Anonymousreply 27February 19, 2018 7:38 PM

[quote]the other thought he had super powers and a special mission on Earth.

Ha ha. I think that may be true for some Virgoans. We tend to be idealistic, sometimes to the point of having a rather highlighted sense of right or wrong; we want to fix the wrongs and have little tolerance for those who are apathetic. Over the years I have learned to keep my opinions to myself, especially in work situations.

by Anonymousreply 28February 19, 2018 8:04 PM

I am a Taurus—earth sign!—and I usually don’t feel like I belong on this planet.

by Anonymousreply 29February 19, 2018 8:07 PM

Doesn't everyone feel like that at some point or another, r29?

by Anonymousreply 30February 19, 2018 8:10 PM

Virgo here. I do have control issues. Both my exes are Scorpios. Toxic mix, Virgo and Scorpio.

I'd like a nice Aquarian.

by Anonymousreply 31February 19, 2018 8:15 PM

Pisces here. Some of my best friends and lovers have been Leos whom apparently, I shouldn't get along with. Capricorns tend to be the worst for me. They just can't seem to wrap their heads around the fact that I'm always right.

by Anonymousreply 32February 19, 2018 8:21 PM

Taurus? When they’re great, they’re great. And when they’re not great, just walk away and don’t move any red capes around in front of them. Don’t yell, don’t slam any doors, just walk away and let them stew and think about their behavior. After a while you will be able to safely pet your Taurus again. A Taurus also knows how to keep a secret. And if you’re looking for excitement, a Taurus is not for you. But if you like loyalty, good food, and good sex - find a Taurus.

by Anonymousreply 33February 19, 2018 8:24 PM

☝🏼All correct.

(Although I love running at red capes and wish there were more antagonizing matadors hanging around.)

by Anonymousreply 34February 19, 2018 8:28 PM

Pisces' are assholes.

Fuck you, Kevin.

by Anonymousreply 35February 19, 2018 8:30 PM

[quote] I'm a Scorpio, and I know that I'm supposed to get along well with Pisces, but if I had to live with any of my various Piscean friends I'd kill them in their sleep. Flakey, needy, moody, emotional wrecks who don't know their own minds. Oh, and substance abusers. Make it stop!

I'm a Pisces and Scorpios have been both the highest highs and lowest lows for me.

The sex was combustible, but they drained me of my will to live, for fucks' sake. You'll never find a more narcissistic person on earth. Needs to be stroked (physically, emotionally) all the time. The bravado often crumbles into a roiling sea of self-doubt and misery if their portable fan club/Greek chorus isn't there through a life challenge.

Virgos and Sagittarius folks have a bit of ice in their veins. Takes a while to crack them open.

[quote] Flakey, needy, moody, emotional wrecks who don't know their own minds. Oh, and substance abusers.

Some Pisces are, but I am none of those things. What I am, too often, is the person who is too empathetic, and feels for others. I never liked going to bars because I'd pick up on the energy of other guys and 45 minutes after arrival, I'd have a raging headache. That's the area in which I am "typical" emotional Pisces.

by Anonymousreply 36February 19, 2018 8:34 PM

I'm a Gemini. My mother's always telling me how very lucky I am that my partner (a Sagittarius) is so patient and puts up with my nonsense. Funnily enough I had lunch with an old friend last week who said much the same, that my partner is very good for me.

by Anonymousreply 37February 19, 2018 8:39 PM

[quote]Virgos and Sagittarius folks have a bit of ice in their veins. Takes a while to crack them open.

True. You will get to know us when we're ready for it.

by Anonymousreply 38February 19, 2018 8:40 PM

I love how everyone is taking this seriously with no astrology naysayers!

by Anonymousreply 39February 19, 2018 8:41 PM

I imagine the worst thing is living with anyone delusional enough to believe in Astrology.

by Anonymousreply 40February 19, 2018 8:42 PM

Astrology is a lot more believable than religious fairy tales. At least there’s a lot more entertainment in astrology.

by Anonymousreply 41February 19, 2018 8:46 PM

I have been with my OCD, control-freak, judgmental, rigid Virgo for 18 years. He never asks for advice or talks about major decisions before he has decided what he is going to do. He travels a lot for work. I let him think he's in control at all times, and I lead a fulfilling second life about which he knows nothing, mostly when he is gone for weeks at a time.

by Anonymousreply 42February 19, 2018 8:50 PM

[quote] I love how everyone is taking this seriously with no astrology naysayers!

Some of it is really dumb - I would never do a Nancy Reagan and plan my schedule around timing - but I do think there's a bit of something to when people are born and their birth signs.

by Anonymousreply 43February 19, 2018 8:51 PM

Virgos, just awful.

by Anonymousreply 44February 19, 2018 8:54 PM

Saggie here. I have cheated. Usually when tbe relationship has died and dont want to deal w the breakup.

Anyway capricorns are toooo boring.

by Anonymousreply 45February 19, 2018 8:57 PM

Leo-Virgo Cusp Women are the most psychotic entities you'll ever encounter.

by Anonymousreply 46February 19, 2018 8:58 PM

For me, Libra are pretty wonderful. Scorpio are cheaters, aren't they?

by Anonymousreply 47February 19, 2018 8:58 PM

Virgos are nit-picking, OCD-suffering, perfectionist cunts. And I say this as a quintessential Virgo.

by Anonymousreply 48February 19, 2018 8:59 PM

[R40] It's fun, and as someone else mentioned, as long as you don't plan your entire life around it, who is it hurting, really?

by Anonymousreply 49February 19, 2018 8:59 PM

I am cancer and my first boyfriend was a Capricorn, he was very funny and shy even his face made him look older...

by Anonymousreply 50February 19, 2018 9:00 PM

A Taurus has many good traits but they can be hard when you cross the line. I have loved a few.

by Anonymousreply 51February 19, 2018 9:02 PM

R45, you’ve probably also cheated in relationships that were perfectly fine.

by Anonymousreply 52February 19, 2018 9:02 PM

Leo people are soooooo lazy.

by Anonymousreply 53February 19, 2018 9:05 PM

Leo here, and you can ALL lick my ass. As you should. 🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🖕🏼

by Anonymousreply 54February 19, 2018 9:05 PM

My mom was a Scorpio and my brother a Gemini. What a fucking miserable childhood I had. I'm a Taurus.

by Anonymousreply 55February 19, 2018 9:05 PM

I just cant stand aquarius people, too mean with everyone and love to joke about the others...i had a classmate who has this star sign and she used to laught at a girl with down syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 56February 19, 2018 9:09 PM

Bow down everyone I'm the most powerful sign.

by Anonymousreply 57February 19, 2018 9:14 PM

Aquarius - Pisces cusp here. The worst for me has always been Sagittarius. Three of them. All demanding, abusive, and always sleeping around. A Pisces almost drove me to the crazy house with their needy ways. My current is a Aries. Your typical type A, alpha male. Yet we get along swell. Have been together 10 years. I think its because, Im the one who likes to be in the background, and let him shine. We rarely argue, but I will not be a pushover, if its something that is actually bothering me (rare)

by Anonymousreply 58February 19, 2018 9:15 PM

Cappys are the best. They're just independent enough to never be too needy and just needy enough to make you feel loved. They do tend to be a bit dull, but just give them a drink or three and that goes away.

by Anonymousreply 59February 19, 2018 9:17 PM

Gemini's talk incessantly.

by Anonymousreply 60February 19, 2018 9:20 PM

You guys should talk more about how awesome Leos are.

by Anonymousreply 61February 19, 2018 9:20 PM

My mother, sister and 3 brothers are all Capricorn. Growing up was a nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 62February 19, 2018 9:25 PM

Aries can be on the loud side in social situations, which I find a little cringy, but my most intense relationship was with an Aries. I was drawn to the impulsiveness and the high spirit of my Aries, because I lack those qualities myself. We had a bit of a push and pull going on, but a lot of calm in between. In my experience Aries is a more sexual sign than Scorpio.

by Anonymousreply 63February 19, 2018 9:29 PM

I had robust sexual lives with my Leos I am also a Leo. I married and divorced two Virgos, both of them where sexually frigid and not spontaneous at all when it came to sex. Another Virgo entered my life and I made sure not to let it go anywhere, despite what he said I knew the sex would be dull. My worst heartbreak was by Scorpio.

by Anonymousreply 64February 19, 2018 9:31 PM

I cheated on my Virgo (first love), ended up with an Aquarius who cheated on me (karma), but then the Aquarius ended up with someone who cheated on him and he almost killed him for doing it. Seriously, he had to be pulled off the guy by a friend. I always heard Scorpios were the best for me. And then I met one. He was ten years younger, good looking, deep, a successful screenwriter, and rich. He told me he loved me and wanted me to marry him. I knew he was a little odd. He had strange phobias and he was bipolar. It was too much for me. When I told him I couldn't be with him he used all his Scorpio-ness to try and make my life miserable. But he didn't realize my Mars was also in volcanic Scorpio and so it didn't end well at all for either of us. But at least it ended. I kinda gave up after that. Back to being a loner.

by Anonymousreply 65February 19, 2018 9:32 PM

They call Capricorns "young fogeys."

by Anonymousreply 66February 19, 2018 9:34 PM

R55 My mom was a Scorpio (she passed away last month at 66😣), my dad a Cancer, my sister is a Leo and I’m a Taurus. One interesting thing my dad pointed out shortly after she passed away is that in Medieval times, medical astrology was a thing, and in that system, each sun sign is assigned parts of the body that are most vulnerable. My mom had cervical cancer when I was young and she passed away from never-diagnosed digestive disease (thought to be Crohn’s or ulcerative colitis). Scorpios are supposed to have vulnerable reproductive and digestive systems.

Personality wise, my mom and dad could not have been more opposite. My mom could be mercurial and very caustic and hot-tempered. Slamming doors, name calling, etc. Also the most protective and dedicated and loving and intelligent and intuitive mother I could have asked for and want back desperately. My dad is a people pleaser and a kind soul who truly just wants to do things to make other people happy. I never understood how they ended up or stayed together. They both told me the only thing they have in common is their values. Their 43rd anniversary was one week before my mom died in January, and my dad told me she was always his girlfriend and he was always in love with her and knew it from the minute they met and she yelled at him.

To me, my mother was a life teacher and a verbal sparring partner. We sharpened our debating skills arguing with one another. I am a stubborn, hoofs-on-the-ground Taurus and she was a stinging Scorpio. We had LOTS of fights, and we were soul mates in a way (she told me that last year). Since she and RuPaul have the same birthday, I’ll call her a term he uses; she was an ascended master.

But she was stinging, and my must-dominate-at-all-costs Leo sister fought with her a lot and although she can kick anyone’s ass, her resolve isn’t so strong when warring with words, and I never knew until into our 30s that while I saw my mom’s argumentative nature as playful and intended to make us stronger and smarter, my sister saw it as bordering on abusive. Which is I think is interesting because my sister is a bully by nature, pretty well tamed now, and my mom really could be caustic and very temperamental, but she only fought with us about aspects of life she wanted to teach us about. She never really punished us for mistakes; instead, it was “So...did you learn anything?” with a cocked eyebrow. And then she’d wait for us to tell her what we had learned—no getting out of that. Her mother on the other hand, who was a Cancer, would say “Stupid! Stupid, stupid, stupid!” when her kids or her grandkids made a mistake. I am grateful to have been brought up by a warrior who encouraged us to sting back or charge instead of someone who belittled us.

My sister and I have an odd dynamic. Whether a person buys into astrology or not, we both pretty much fit our sun signs. She, the Leo, is dominant, domineering, ambitious, loud and has to be the leader in any group for better or worse. She had to be the boss no matter what line of work she might end up in. She’s protective over other people and really shows no fear at all ever. I, the Taurus, am a loner, a bit materialistic and flamboyant in a way, easy going and agreeable, focused, homebound and tending toward lazy, and almost endlessly patient...until my patience abruptly ends and I explode in a rage that no one ever sees coming.

by Anonymousreply 67February 19, 2018 9:34 PM

I loved having sex with my Virgo...he was never fridgid. He really loved sex.

by Anonymousreply 68February 19, 2018 9:34 PM

[quote]worst Astrology signs to live with

Probably those signs that are too emotional like Pieces and Scorpio.

All I know is that today I look myself in mirror and blew a kiss to myself. Me and my twin are beautiful <3

by Anonymousreply 69February 19, 2018 9:36 PM

Yes, OP. You are.

But not in the way you think.

Constellations are random patterns applied to stars that are milions of light years away from us and from eachother.

Also, given that the speed of light is finite, whatever patterns you see now or whatever you think they were at the time of your birth, is actually the way they existed millions of years ago.

Given the univese is expanding, all of those stars have long since moved, and many haven't even existed for millions of years.

Anyone who thinks that these random patterns created by barely literate Babylonians thousands of years ago has any imoact on their personality or destiny, is a special kind of stupid.

Real astronomy and physics are cool. Astrology is bullshit.

They have done tests multiple times where they have handed out completely made-up star charts to people who believe in astrology, and mixed up the results among the signs. And people who believe in astrology still believed it applied to them. It is so easily proven to be nonsense.

Now continue with your foolishness.

but given the finite speed of light, whatever star patterns we are seeing today or were around when you were born

by Anonymousreply 70February 19, 2018 9:38 PM

R63 you never lied about Aries. We are very sexual people. I wake up and go to bed with sex on my mind. Aries are very horny people. Its just natural. And thats very true of every Aries I've ever met. All they want is sex!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 71February 19, 2018 9:38 PM

Let a little magic into your materialist life, R70. Or at least a little imagination. Looking at life solely through a telescope, you’re going to miss a lot of shooting stars.

by Anonymousreply 72February 19, 2018 9:42 PM

I’m an Aries and I agree with R57! I like sex, and I like a lot of it. My Taurus partner, while not the most creative and spontaneous lover, is able to keep up with my sex drive and has kept me satisfied for many years.

He’s also responsible for finances and bills, because I have no patience for annoying tasks and details in my life.

by Anonymousreply 73February 19, 2018 9:42 PM

Married to a Pisces and all of my sweetest friends have been Pisces. However they have had all of the traits listed above that make them messes. Husband likes to drink but not in the substance abuser category. I am a Cancer and I've never met an Aquarius I have got along with. The meanest person in my high school was an Aquarius. She has many public Facebook posts and is one of those Republicans that says that maybe counseling could have helped that kid who shot up the school in Florida. She operates a day care by the way, which is terrifying all on its own . All the bullies in my high school grew up to be Republicans. But that's another story regardless of star sign.

by Anonymousreply 74February 19, 2018 9:43 PM

Honestly, Scorpios like R4 disgusts me. They are way insensitive, never there when you need them, always assume that since they are Scorpios, the world should be kneeling down for them. Bitch, please.

by Anonymousreply 75February 19, 2018 9:44 PM

I’m a Taurus and I will suck a nice dick on command whether we’re at home, a movie theater, on I-95 or strolling through an urban park. Yep, I’m that whorey.

But besides my appetite for a mouthful of cock, I have little interest in sex. Topping...meh. Kinda gross. Bottoming was fun in my youth but I have zero interest in it now. Cuddling? Keep your human space heater body away from me while I’m trying to sleep!

by Anonymousreply 76February 19, 2018 9:46 PM

R70 being around you on a daily basis must be great fun.

Sorry for your loss R67, hope you're doing ok.

by Anonymousreply 77February 19, 2018 9:47 PM

R77 Doing OK, thanks. Miss my mommy.

by Anonymousreply 78February 19, 2018 9:49 PM

R75 You know it! Scorpios think if they fart we should all inhale it and then send them a thank you note, too.

by Anonymousreply 79February 19, 2018 9:55 PM

R72/R77...

If tou soent any time at all looking into genuine astronomy or popular physics, you would see that actual science has a lot of really cool stuff in it. That is where the "magic" is. Check our some Carl Sagan or Neil Degrasse Tyson. Check out some Youtube clips.

The infinite nature of the universe, spacetime, wormholes, multiverse theory, the idea that our universe could simoly be the event horizon of a black hole in another universe, the stuff they are doing at CERN, the idea that Star Trekkie things like transporters and warp drives are theoretically possible and might one day be reality...

On and on and on.

And every second you spend on this ancient,msuoerstitious nonsense is time you aren't spending ralizing that reality is much, much cooler. And why you think peopl into science are "matrialistic" and dull.

We aren't. But this astrology nonsense is.

by Anonymousreply 80February 19, 2018 9:56 PM

[R72]/[R77]...

If you spent any time at all looking into genuine astronomy or popular physics, you would see that actual science has a lot of really cool stuff in it. That is where the "magic" is. Check our some Carl Sagan or Neil Degrasse Tyson. Check out some Youtube clips.

The infinite nature of the universe, spacetime, wormholes, multiverse theory, the idea that our universe could simply be the event horizon of a black hole in another universe, the stuff they are doing at CERN, the idea that Star Trekkie things like transporters and warp drives are theoretically possible and might one day be reality...

On and on and on.

And every second you spend on this ancient, superstitious nonsense is time you aren't spending realizing that reality is much, much cooler. And why you think people into science are "matrialistic" and dull.

We aren't. But this astrology nonsense is.

by Anonymousreply 81February 19, 2018 9:59 PM

We're surrounded by Cancers here on the DL 😒

by Anonymousreply 82February 19, 2018 9:59 PM

R80

R81

Please, post that a few more times, not sure we got it the first two

by Anonymousreply 83February 19, 2018 10:02 PM

Libra at R82, don’t worry about it. It’s doesn’t really matter that you dislike Cancers right now, it will change in about 2 hours and you will love them!

I’ve never met a Libra with one opinion about anything. At least you’re probably good looking. Or you were good looking in your youth. Before you got fat.

by Anonymousreply 84February 19, 2018 10:03 PM

I accidentally clicked send before I had reviewed for typos' so I edited and sent again.

Sorry!

by Anonymousreply 85February 19, 2018 10:04 PM

[quote] At least you’re probably good looking. Or you were good looking in your youth. Before you got fat.

I FEEL PERSONALLY ATTACKED RIGHT NOW

by Anonymousreply 86February 19, 2018 10:05 PM

Materialist, R81. No one said materialistic.

The theory of materialism—today’s accepted notion that describes all of reality—is that matter is the basis of all things, including life; that random assortments of spinning subatomic particles arranged themselves by chance out of chaos and resulted in all that is, including consciousness. Materialists (including most scientists today) believe that consciousness is a byproduct of material elements. It disallows for any kind of spirituality that is not grounded in the physical, material world. And to question this theory today is to beg for being called either insane or a religious zealot.

There are other theories of consciousness, however, including the theory that the physical world is a manifestation of the conscious world; that consciousness is contained within physical elements but still exists on its own beyond simply being a byproduct of physical material; and that matter acts as an antenna that receives and interprets consciousness.

So no, I was not calling you materialistic. I was calling you a materialist. And I am familiar with Sagan, Tyson, Jung and even Mama Ayahuasca. But thanks for the lessons!

by Anonymousreply 87February 19, 2018 10:08 PM

Scorpio. I'm a triple Capricorn, but my sun is in Sagittarius. I have a terrible memory and take nothing personally. I have no patience to tip toe around, but I'm not mean. Scorpio takes everything personally, so they're exhausting to deal with, and they can hold something against you that 1) you don't remember even happened; and 2) didn't really happen the way they took it; and 3) you have no idea ever bothered them. Life is too short.

by Anonymousreply 88February 19, 2018 10:09 PM

So, does that men libra with cancer rising is the best of both worlds?

by Anonymousreply 89February 19, 2018 10:09 PM

[quote]Anyone who thinks that these random patterns created by barely literate Babylonians thousands of years ago

You're too blind to your own lack of critical thinking to be scolding others, my friend.

"Barely literate" is your attempt to put 2018 values on a society vastly different from us. They were literate in their own culture and in their own way, and made lasting contributions to humanity. There's no reason to denegrate the Babylonians just to make yourself feel better.

There's a fun book on the history of astrology called The Fated Sky. You should check it out and learn something about astrology through the ages. Fascinating stuff.

by Anonymousreply 90February 19, 2018 10:12 PM

Aquarians can be very cold. They are emotionally very intelligent, but are never the ones to share their feelings.

We were together 14 years. At the end, I let him know, I wasn't happy, and wanted to change the dynamic in our relationship, talk more, perhaps spice things up a bit. He told me he'd been unhappy for years, but stuck with me as to not hurt me. Said if I wanted to "call it good", he'd be fine. He said he knew I was unhappy, but wanted me to be the one to say it. He left me within a week of us talking about how I felt. He was loyal in the sense he stuck by me for years, even during my lowest lows; however, he let the love go way before he let go of me. SOB broke my heart, and I still love him.

It's not necessarily because he was an Aquarius, it's just that I remember everything about him, and it takes me back to my sad place.

by Anonymousreply 91February 19, 2018 10:13 PM

Has anyone on this post completed a science class - ever?

by Anonymousreply 92February 19, 2018 10:13 PM

Cancers, Capricorns and Virgos are the best. These three types of guys have only ever been interested in me or gave asked me out. All guy have been one of these three signs. It’s just a coincidence I notice and we instantly click. It just very natural and easy to be with them. I’ve never lived with anybody yet but either of these (or anybody who’s kind and decent) is my ideal roommate.

by Anonymousreply 93February 19, 2018 10:14 PM

Astrology is claptrap nonsense. Now, Phrenology, that’s where it’s at! The bumps on your head are real and tangible.

by Anonymousreply 94February 19, 2018 10:14 PM

As an Aquarius with a Capricorn stellium..

Worst roommmates: The depressed grifty Capricorn girl in the freshmen dorm who basically psychologically fucked me over (Capricorn is my 12th house and she also had a Cancer Stellium is really I shoulda seen that coming); the gross freeloading hippie Cancer guy sleeping on my sophomore house couch who never paid rent and left wet dreads in my shower; and the fucking crybaby Gemini girl who wasted hours & days of my time with her histrionic passive-aggressive bullshit and all behind my back (interestingly we had the same moon...). I had an Aquarius Guy with a Cancer Stellium room next to me one year and his constant loud fucking & pill-popping most nights sent me into a near depression. I also spent most of my miserable teenage years living with my asshole Leo father who has a Scorpio moon and my pathetic Capricorn mother, Hell on Earth.

Best roommates: the adorable Hindi Aquarius who used to live across the hall from me freshman year (she was the only one who remembered my birthday that first year and who deliberately took time to talk to me); the cute Pisces stellium girl in a house with Finals year who was quiet and clean as a churchmouse and never bothered me at all; and the laidback Taurus chick I shared that same house with, who while essentially agoraphobic was easy to laugh & talk with (she had a Cancer Moon, they are so much cooler than the Suns). I also vaguely recall other chilled-out & accepting but respectful Aries girls I have lived with or would have wanted to (idk how the guys are). I’ve had Libra guys live across a hall from me without me ever seeing them.

My advice would be to watch out for people with significant placements (‘lights’ ie. sun/moon, angles ie. Ac/Mc, rulers or aspect configurations like stelliums) that touch your chart, or people with placements falling in your ‘water houses’ (4th. 8th, 12th). If you can avoid these people, do.

by Anonymousreply 95February 19, 2018 10:15 PM

*have been

*All guys

by Anonymousreply 96February 19, 2018 10:15 PM

R92, no! Please, teach us, master!!! And don’t forget to tell us that astrology is nonsense and we will burn at the stake for this blasphemy!

by Anonymousreply 97February 19, 2018 10:16 PM

Yes, having fun with astrology means we're scared of falling off the edges of our flat Earth.

And why aren't all these genius scientists in our gossip threads complaining about a lack of rigorous scholarship and too few defendable citations?

by Anonymousreply 98February 19, 2018 10:16 PM

What sign do you think R81/R82 is? Taurus? Scorpio? Goatfucker? Probably a fucking Leo.

I also want to smack the queen who gleefully posted how nice it was not to deal with naysayers. Thanks, bitch, for inviting in the negativity.

Astrology is much more than sun signs. It's pretty intricate and I've always been intrigued by the different systems around the world. The lunar sign is as important as your Sun sign in Jyotish, for instance. It's downright fascinating how often they get things correct when it comes to personality and tendencies in different areas of life.

by Anonymousreply 99February 19, 2018 10:17 PM

Given that 8 billion people are divided among only 12 signs and given everything else that can affect character, there's no answer. The gamut of personalities and "livability" runs the gamut under every sign. Yet, people cling to Astrology like it's religion.

by Anonymousreply 100February 19, 2018 10:19 PM

R100, you have no clue. Shut up.

by Anonymousreply 101February 19, 2018 10:20 PM

^^^ Actually, Astrology does have as much credence as religion—albeit, approaching zero.

by Anonymousreply 102February 19, 2018 10:21 PM

Right, you of all people have a clue because "surprise!" you know people who fit the description of the sign. Lol. I know Irish drunks, thus it must be true that they're all drunks.

by Anonymousreply 103February 19, 2018 10:22 PM

I'm happy some people with brains finally showed up!

by Anonymousreply 104February 19, 2018 10:23 PM

That’s true, R100 and I agree but it’s interesting that the only *type of guy that had ever shown interest in me have neen guys that my zodiac “clicks” with. It’s just interesting. No other “sign” has. Could be just a coincidence.

Cancers/Capriciorns/Virgos/other Taurus’

by Anonymousreply 105February 19, 2018 10:24 PM

Scorpios are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 106February 19, 2018 10:24 PM

[quote] I'm a triple Capricorn, but my sun is in Sagittarius. I have a terrible memory and take nothing personally. I have no patience to tip toe around, but I'm not mean.

Yo R88 could you speak a little more on this?

I’m tryna talk a Sag sun/moon guy with all other planets in Capricorn and he’s so easygoing about my weird moods...but it also seems like he doesn’t care about me or anything else on a deeper level and that kind of trips me out as a 12th houser...

It’s complicated (and I hate saying that) but while I know I could never lock this dude down or move in with him, I still want to get closer you know? But he just disappears all the time and doesn’t get in touch and laughs it all off, an ability I really envy.

Any enlightenment appreciated, my man.

by Anonymousreply 107February 19, 2018 10:24 PM

R103, why are you here? If you want to disparage astrology start your own thread or add to the topic posted. R104, I'd ask you the same question, but your motivation is obvious. Some people are just fucking assholes who want to ruin the party.

by Anonymousreply 108February 19, 2018 10:26 PM

R103, no I don't know. That's the point, idiot. I've made it clear that astrology is far more complicated than the shit they print in newspapers. That you know Irish drunks, instead of Irish poets, singers, musicians and playwrights is telling. You need a new set of pearls to clutch over your latest edition of Science if you have to attack those who you feel are inferior in knowledge and intelligence to you. Really intelligent and caring people don't do this.

by Anonymousreply 109February 19, 2018 10:30 PM

I am the one who said I am glad there were no naysayers here...I don’t think I attracted them by saying that. I think they saw the headline and decided to come mock and “educate” others about how to perceive the world.

I don’t even mind the bickering. There seem to be more people here who can banter casually about astrology than those who think doing so will usher in the dark ages. It’s ridiculous. I am a science-minded person in most respects, but I really fucking love freaking out scientists who are as rigid in their thinking and as insecure about their rigidness as Medieval clergy were about religion.

Lifehack: if you take it THAT seriously, you’re taking it too seriously. No matter what it is.

by Anonymousreply 110February 19, 2018 10:31 PM

The posters who take a perfectly innocuous thread seriously enough to want to ruin it must be bad at reading signals in real social situations.

Here is tip: this is supposed to be fun.

Lighten up.

by Anonymousreply 111February 19, 2018 10:33 PM

I thought "triple" means sun, moon and ascendant are the same sign?

by Anonymousreply 112February 19, 2018 10:34 PM

R87, you seem like an intelligent enough chap, so I will say this.

If you want to discuss "theories of consciousness" and what it means to be conscious or sentient, I can fully respect that.

My problem is the belief in astrology, which has nothing to do with anything you mentioned.

Astrology and the constellations were primitive man's way of randomly assigning meaning to stars. Stars which we know now are millions of light years (trillions of miles) away from eachother, and from us. Many of the stars don't even exist anymore, and--if they do--they most certainly are not in the positions you think they are. The further you look into space, the further you look back in time. So whatever constellation you were born under (and yes I am well aware that there are more than just sun signs) wasn't even there when you were born. It's light took millions of years to reach us.

That is all scientifically provable. Astrology is not. It is bullshit nonsense, and someone of your obvious itellect should be above it.

by Anonymousreply 113February 19, 2018 10:35 PM

R111 What’s fun for some people is introducing you to pop-science celebrities and mansplaining how reality really works. You silly goose!

Amirite, R81?

by Anonymousreply 114February 19, 2018 10:36 PM

I'm Libra sun, Virgo moon, Aquarius rising. Kinda messy.

by Anonymousreply 115February 19, 2018 10:36 PM

Pish tosh, old chap! A Harry Potter book would be good for your imagination, R113

by Anonymousreply 116February 19, 2018 10:37 PM

Oh. Fuck. Off, R116. What "lack of imagination?

I have read all of the Harry Potter books and love scifi and fantasy. But enjoying Buffy as entertainmnt is different from believing vampires and magic are real. Learn the fucking difference.

Not everyone who thinks astrology is bullshit is somw tweed-wearing professor with a stick up his ass.

Science is cool. I stated several things in R81 that demonstrate that. But you are so busy buying into astrology bullshit that you refuse to see it.

And about the "pop scientist" crack above: Stephen Hawking, Neil Degasse Tyson and Richard Dakins are still miles more intelligent and interesting than any "astrologist" quack you coul possibly mention.

Go ahead. Prove me wrong.

by Anonymousreply 117February 19, 2018 10:44 PM

Aquarians are great work colleagues, but messy up close and personal. Too hot/cold and scared on their feelings. Aqua moons, jfc don't get me started.

Libras are flaky but accommodating and cognizant of your needs.

Cancer - too moody, need space and yet are paradoxically clingy.

Scorpios - great if you can find an evolved one. Good luck with that though.

Caps - again, great if you can find an evolved one. An evolved cap is the perfect partner and someone who whose loyalty is unparalleled.

Taurus - get along with them, but their extreme stubbornness and selfishness can be a turn off.

Virgo - great co-workers, hard to live with as partners. Prefer Virgo moons over Virgo suns.

Leo - gotta see what's up with the rest of the chart. Can be angles or cunts.

Sags - fun as hell but then you get cheated on.

Pisces - see Sags. Pisces will also drain you emotionally like no other.

Gemini - gotta do an #astrofax and check their moon signs to see if they have a snowballs chance in hell of being stable. Earth moon gems are pretty ace.

by Anonymousreply 118February 19, 2018 10:45 PM

Somebody needs to summarize R81 for me, because I have zero patience to read all of that.

I’m an Aries, Cancer rising, Sagittarius Moon. My sun sign and rising sign are in constant disagreement, but they have learned to coexist.

It’s funny that everybody seems to hate Virgos and Cancers, because they make up the majority of my friends. I get along with almost everyone in real life except for negative people. I hate negativity and intolerance.

by Anonymousreply 119February 19, 2018 10:46 PM

[quote] At least you’re probably good looking. Or you were good looking in your youth. Before you got fat.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 120February 19, 2018 10:46 PM

R117 This is a only for fun thread if u dont like this, you can leave and make one about "real science and cosmos "

by Anonymousreply 121February 19, 2018 10:47 PM

I’m a Sagittarius, I find Pisces to be very passive aggressive - who suddenly explode with pent up resentments. Currently in a relationship with a Scorpio and I have never experienced such juvenile behavior, mainly I regard to his desire to fight!

by Anonymousreply 122February 19, 2018 10:48 PM

R120 = Libra. Probably has some maple syrup on her shirt and a piece of pancake stuck to his/her cheek.

by Anonymousreply 123February 19, 2018 10:48 PM

Not trying to prove you wrong, R113. You and your angry profanities are in a one-way argument. I’m just giving you a little nudge and saying “pssssst! Chill out. Casually discussing astrology is not going to invalidate the laws of physics or the stability of your nation or mine.” Just take a breath. If the conversation here is so overwhelming that you have to spew a half dozen profanities and call people names in your rebuttal, you’ll be better off ignoring this thread. No one should be so angry about other people’s chatter.

by Anonymousreply 124February 19, 2018 10:50 PM

It looks like we’re all in agreement that Leos are the best. Headstrong, loyal, fierce, creative. What more could you ask for?

by Anonymousreply 125February 19, 2018 10:54 PM

R113, THANK YOU!

I have looked up The Science and have read it all. Cool! What coolness Science is!

Carl Sagan! Cool! Where did you ever hear of him? I am grateful that you have shared your obscure knowledge of cool Science with us.

You have demonstrated the coolness of Science several times.

Also, I habe read about the movements of planets and now I understand that millennia-old sacred beliefs are not cool like Science is cool and I have converted to anti-astrology and will join you in burning down all the murals of zodiac figures because they are not cool.

by Anonymousreply 126February 19, 2018 10:56 PM

I'm an old Cancerian Bitch from Hell born in the Year of the Dragon. Everyone thinks Scorpio is a killer sign. Not true. It's Cancer. We will bring out your passive, masochistic side until we break you and you will either love every second of it or you will take a look at us and say "You're crazy. No fucking way," and flee in horror. I hate food. I don't even like to eat. I'm one of the skinny, angular Cancer guys, like Stewart Copeland. Only163 locks to go till you get to my heart and figure me out. And just think. It might not even be worth it. Happy Hunting!

by Anonymousreply 127February 19, 2018 10:57 PM

I’m a Scorpio and I’ve had good luck with Virgo and Cancer.

Cancers, I have found, want to be taken care of but don’t want to tell you. They get pissed when you can’t read their mind. Virgos were my favorite. Thoughtful, organized and sweet.

I live up to the loyal part of Scorpio, but also the vengeful part. If someone crosses me I never forget, and if I get a chance for revenge I will take it. I used to have bad jealousy but I’ve tamed it now.

by Anonymousreply 128February 19, 2018 11:01 PM

R126 Thanks, you made me laugh out loud. I needed that!

by Anonymousreply 129February 19, 2018 11:03 PM

What sign has zero sense of humor and writes long and exhausting posts aka lectures to bore other people to death?

by Anonymousreply 130February 19, 2018 11:05 PM

R130 Don’t know his zodiacal sign, but I’m pretty sure he was born in the Chinese year of the asshole.

by Anonymousreply 131February 19, 2018 11:07 PM

R131 lol

by Anonymousreply 132February 19, 2018 11:07 PM

I want to learn more about this cool new science thing. Could someone superior please start a thread dedicated to science so that I can learn about this little-known Richard Dakins R113 speaks of? Tell me about Dakins! Fill my well with cool knowledge!

by Anonymousreply 133February 19, 2018 11:09 PM

Oh fuck Okay. I deserved that.

by Anonymousreply 134February 19, 2018 11:10 PM

Zodiac wheel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135February 19, 2018 11:14 PM

i find it fascinating that a bunch of little queens who believe in astrology (like middle school tween girls) believe they even have the capacity to be able to mock/insult anyone else about anything.

by Anonymousreply 136February 19, 2018 11:15 PM

Note to self. Don't toke and post. If you think it's cute, it's probably not. Learn how to kill your children.

by Anonymousreply 137February 19, 2018 11:17 PM

R137, I don’t know what any of that means, but there must be a pill for that.

by Anonymousreply 138February 19, 2018 11:26 PM

Yeassuh, Massa. We’s just havin fun. We’s not tryin to be smart, Massa. We know you the smart one, Massa.

by Anonymousreply 139February 19, 2018 11:30 PM

Apparently I had a bad Pisces. Talk about sucking the life out of you. She was constantly putting me down and trying to change me. Heaven forbid I talk on the phone too long with a friend. She was so emotionally cold ice cubes could come out of her mouth. Emotionally manipulative and self centered. I never want to know another Pisces of my experience with her.

by Anonymousreply 140February 19, 2018 11:33 PM

[quote]I love virgos as friends but they always seem to be OCD control freaks who lose their shit when they can’t call all the shots. I would never consider living with someone like that.

Nailed it, r21; every Virgo I've known have been either OCD, passive-aggressive, backstabbers, or so dumb you wonder how they function.

by Anonymousreply 141February 19, 2018 11:37 PM

[quote]I find Pisces to be very passive aggressive - who suddenly explode with pent up resentments.

Pisces are the most intuitive of all the signs. We know instantly when there is bullshit going on, about to happen, or when we don't like something/someone. But we will try convince and fool ourselves otherwise to please others, and others believe us because we are masters of finesse and lying. Sometimes we do this to the point where we get bent out of shape. Once we can't bend anymore, it's not pretty!

by Anonymousreply 142February 19, 2018 11:38 PM

I have a virgo friend at work who is sooo OCD. She knows it. I don’t understand why knowing you have OCD doesn’t make it less annoying.

We’ll go for a walk at work and she’ll say, “how do you want to go? This way or that way??”

I say, “I know you want to go that way, so let’s go that way. I don’t really care at all...as I tell you every time.”

“HAHAHA! Well, I DO like to go that way. But if you want to go this way...”

“No, i don’t.”

“OK, good. Because I really like to go that way. I like to go up to U street and cross the street and come back. Is that OK?”

“YES. We walk the same way EVERY SINGLE TIME and you have explained your route EVERY SINGLE TIME.”

“Hahhaa!!! Well I guess I do like to go my way. I don’t know why. I’m a Virgo!”

“You are OCD.”

“Haha! That too!”

by Anonymousreply 143February 19, 2018 11:42 PM

Another Pisces here and I think we are getting a bad rap. Every Pisces I have ever known is a good person and loyal.

I have had three boyfriends who were Sagittarius - all sexy, all cheated

by Anonymousreply 144February 19, 2018 11:45 PM

My dad is a pisces and he’s a saint to everyone who knows him. He’s just open and caring and goes out of his way to help people.

I had a “best friend” in college who was a pisces and she had many of the same characteristics...except she was blinded by her self indulgence and I had to fire her as a friend one night while she was crying about her boyfriend. I told her to get out of my car and go home. She was just TOO sentimental, too soft, too in her emotions. Lovely human being, unbearable company.

I’m a taurus.

by Anonymousreply 145February 19, 2018 11:51 PM

Your “sign” has very little to do with your personality, you can blame your parents for who you are as a person

by Anonymousreply 146February 19, 2018 11:55 PM

R146, do you happen to have any scientific references for your statement? A list of books that you would like us to read?

by Anonymousreply 147February 19, 2018 11:57 PM

Nature vs nurture has been settled in all cases, R147. If you have a bad personality or a bad life, it’s your parents’ fault and they probably raped you.

by Anonymousreply 148February 20, 2018 12:00 AM

You don’t really believe there is any scientific evidence that supports Astrology? Ha ha ha

by Anonymousreply 149February 20, 2018 12:01 AM

I'm a Scorpio, and I will admit that I can be pretty impossible. I'm actually very loyal and devoted, and my sexuality is all about pleasing my partner. But it's difficult for me to give in to a partner when I feel strongly about something, but I also never want to force someone I love to give in to me, either. So I prefer being single.

by Anonymousreply 150February 20, 2018 12:08 AM

R142 Slay hunty!

And Leos, y'all can lick me where I shit!

by Anonymousreply 151February 20, 2018 12:10 AM

I am a fire horse - beware!

by Anonymousreply 152February 20, 2018 12:11 AM

Pisces are supposed to be the dust bin of the Zodiac - the most evolved and sometimes- the most damaged and disturbing

by Anonymousreply 153February 20, 2018 12:14 AM

R152, I read fire hose and got interested for a second. Fire horse. Ok, that’s nice.

by Anonymousreply 154February 20, 2018 12:15 AM

R153 I've heard that too, that Pisces are like the cat on its 9th life, that it has lived in all those other signs before.

I had someone tell me when I was at a spiritual meeting in Chicago once that I was the most grounded person in the room. And then he shivered and said, "You're a Pisces. This is your first life where you're not a woman. I can see you out in a rice field!"

by Anonymousreply 155February 20, 2018 12:35 AM

R115 an Aqua Rising here also. In da klurb we all fam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156February 20, 2018 12:38 AM

R124 Leo are cuntesses to the last, but thanks for playing.

by Anonymousreply 157February 20, 2018 12:39 AM

I find Aries men lazy and evasive.

I get along with Taurus guys the best.

Leo here and I do argue alot

by Anonymousreply 158February 20, 2018 1:26 AM

Mom was a Pisces. Never will I date a Pisces.

by Anonymousreply 159February 20, 2018 1:27 AM

Leos are arrogant sociopaths. The most selfish men.

by Anonymousreply 160February 20, 2018 1:57 AM

My parents were both Aries and they both physically abused me.

Ghastly sign!

I like sweet, gentle Picses

by Anonymousreply 161February 20, 2018 2:01 AM

R42 "rigid Virgo"

Congratulations!

by Anonymousreply 162February 20, 2018 2:01 AM

R162 "Rigid" not "Turgid"

by Anonymousreply 163February 20, 2018 2:05 AM

I hear you r113 but even though the light from the stars left them years before we see them in their placement, their rotation and placement are never going to change (in our view), unless the Earth's rotation changes. The calculation that takes place is based on when WE see them and where they fall in the sky.

As someone else said, if you don't believe in astrology fine, go on you way continuing to have pity of those of us that choose to discuss it like it's real.

It would be considerate of you to just leave the discussion.

by Anonymousreply 164February 20, 2018 2:30 AM

Hey r118 can you give an idea of what an unevolved vs an evolved Cap would look like?

by Anonymousreply 165February 20, 2018 2:33 AM

Cancers are basically vomit in human shape.

by Anonymousreply 166February 20, 2018 2:38 AM

Virgos are natural healers and have a tenancy towards hypochondria. I personally (Virgo) have cured myself of just about every disease and have a tendency to proselytize towards others regarding their health. That's why Cancer and Virgo have a specially connection, Cancers tend to need lots of healing in their lives and they also understand the Virgos need to be loyal.

by Anonymousreply 167February 20, 2018 2:50 AM

Cancers need Taurus.

by Anonymousreply 168February 20, 2018 2:52 AM

My sister is a cancer and she is just one of the most difficult people you could ever get to know. I can't imagine anyone ever living with her - she is moody, unstable, irrational. She has some legit mental issues/disorders but a lot of it is just her basic personality. She is also highly dysfunctional in just about every area of her life, wasn't able to finish college or ever hold a real job.

My mortal enemy is a Virgo, exactly what everyone has said - controlling, neurotic, emotionally explosive, rigid, easily flies off the handle when things don't go his way because has poor coping skills.

Now, I am a Libra, I have my ways, but I am one of those people that gets along with everyone (except said mortal enemy, ok well I have 2 of those lol), but I am very easy to talk to, good listener, non-judgmental, trustworthy, give good advice and just very considerate of others. I find people confide me a lot or at the very least find themselves opening up to me more than they typically do with people (or so I am told). I also intensely dislike confrontation. Of course there are downsides, I hold grudges and I have a hard time making strong relationships with people, most of mine stay very surface - something about me that doesn't want to get too close I guess. I can be neurotic but it affects me worse than anyone else. I am my own worst enemy and no one else's, if that makes any sense. I don't consider myself flakey but I also don't ever do anything I don't want to do, which might mean canceling plans at the last minute - so in that sense, yes I can be flakey.

by Anonymousreply 169February 20, 2018 2:57 AM

I would quickly end a date, or a relationship, the first time the subject of astrology came up and it had anything to do with our relationship. Or the relationship they had with their family or someone they dated in the past. Somehow I've not been subjected to being with someone who is into astrology. Gee, I wonder why? Perhaps I avoid dating people who are sad and miserable. Get it?

by Anonymousreply 170February 20, 2018 3:00 AM

No170 you seem like the sad and miserable one to me because you are here trying to force your perspective on a group of people who are perfectly happy having a discussion that you seem determined to shit all over.

If you were as sane and balanced as you think you are, you would pass this discussion by and leave us alone, you'd want to do better things with your time.

by Anonymousreply 171February 20, 2018 3:05 AM

R170 You are lame mr smart.

by Anonymousreply 172February 20, 2018 3:07 AM

So we red to avoid all 12 signs unless they are evolved?

by Anonymousreply 173February 20, 2018 3:16 AM

* need to

by Anonymousreply 174February 20, 2018 3:18 AM

I was in a LTR with a Libra. As a Virgo I now know this was a bad Idea. He was kind, loving, funny and at the surface a very emphatic person. Wise and helpful, also majorly intelligent. Yet he also was a Jekyll and Hyde character with a self loathing I could not really fathom at first, after several years I gained an insight of how deep and endlessly this chasm would run, also how much he enjoyed being at war with the two sides of his personality. His narcissism and game playing would also extend to playing people against each with almost no regards for any consequences. Also like Cancer they need a lot of healing ,yet too prideful to accept any help from unsophisticated Virgo.

by Anonymousreply 175February 20, 2018 3:24 AM

So far this thread seems to be mostly about Pisces, Virgo, Libra, Leo, Scorpio.

by Anonymousreply 176February 20, 2018 3:28 AM

I am the Libra in 169 and I can relate to what you said. There is a lot of self-hate and self-criticism that goes on, kind of like perfectionism but with narcissistic nuttiness too. I can relate to that, but yes, there is another side that is often very different from the friendly, diplomatic, loving person - that side exists, and it's strong, which is why people are drawn to Libras, I think, but there is just a dark underbelly to it as well. I never did the whole pitting people against each other, I don't enjoy bringing pain to people, but I did "drop" people without notice for many years when I started not to like something about them or if they slighted me. I don't do that anymore, which was not an easy dynamic to break, but like I said, I tend not to get too close either. It took a long time but I got a lot of healing, which has only made these faults better.

by Anonymousreply 177February 20, 2018 3:34 AM

R165:

Capricorn is ruled by Saturn (time, karma, restriction). Unevolved caps are like malicious little goats, determined to climb to the top of the mountain and kick anyone else off to their death if that person gets in the way. They are obsessed with money, power, and status and achieving those things at almost all costs. Think the ego of a Leo with the cunning and drive of a Scorpio masquerading with the pleasantry of a Libra. Their thirst for power rivals (and some would say exceeds) that of Scorpio.

Now evolved caps, they *get* the whole Saturn/Karma thing and tend to work toward the greater good. They will be your best friend, your cheerleader, you rock, your source of support and advice when you are down. They will use the power of Saturnarian wisdom to guide you, because they know there's always a return on investment in being a part of someone else's success. But they don't dare give you such sage advice unless you invite them in and ask for it (unlike hypercritical Virgos or preachy Aquas). If you're messy, they'll leave you the fuck alone because they innately understand your messiness will catch up to you. Contrast that to the unevolved cap, who will keep mental note of your messiness and use that against you at a later date.

LPT: Don't ever fuck with a Capricorn in the workplace, because that shit will come back on you!

by Anonymousreply 178February 20, 2018 3:40 AM

Cancer.

by Anonymousreply 179February 20, 2018 4:16 AM

I’m... get this. Aquarius sun, Aquarius rising, and Aquarius moon. I’m a terrible pain in the ass and I know it but I’m very clean!

by Anonymousreply 180February 20, 2018 4:29 AM

Well I'm an Aries so I LOVE me!

by Anonymousreply 181February 20, 2018 4:30 AM

[quote]but I’m very clean!

Clean as in...surprise anal?

by Anonymousreply 182February 20, 2018 4:32 AM

R182 yes!

by Anonymousreply 183February 20, 2018 4:34 AM

If you believe in any of that "astrology" or "astrological sign" shit, you are pathetic. Time to grow up and stop living in fairy tale land.

by Anonymousreply 184February 20, 2018 4:37 AM

hasnt studied A WORD!^

by Anonymousreply 185February 20, 2018 4:39 AM

You people posting positive shit about Libras must be Libras.

by Anonymousreply 186February 20, 2018 4:57 AM

I loathe virgos.

by Anonymousreply 187February 20, 2018 5:07 AM

What is wrong with Libras? We are charming!

by Anonymousreply 188February 20, 2018 6:06 AM

A Cap's-eye view of the signs...

Aires - They don't sit around gathering dust; they do stuff, which we admire. They teach us about how to take risks and are refreshingly direct, so you know where you stand.

Taurus - They're dependable, like a stake in the ground. Also, the most affectionate lovers who will suck, kiss, lick, squeeze, rub, tug and cuddle you endlessly.

Gemini - Will accept you without judgment and introduce you to interesting people. They're also the most eloquent speakers and writers.

Cancers -- Tend to adore us and are funny as hell. Great wine connoisseurs. If you can put up with a little moodiness, you'll feel well cared for.

Leo - They make excellent grandmothers, because it's a mutual, unconditional lovefest and there's no question who's boss. Just don't date one because it's a constant power struggle and they're high-maintenance, divas who demand that you sit at their feet like Jabba the Hut.

Virgo - We see eye-to-eye on everything and they're sexy as fucking fuck. My most compatible lovers have been verse Virgos. Hawt.

Libra - BFFs, loyal, thoughtful, interesting friends. They like to mind meld with you and they're beautiful to look at. Maybe it helps that my Moon's in Libra.

Scorpio - They basically trust us because we don't push it; we let them reveal their secrets gradually, but it's still infuriatingly slow. They can hold grudges but usually give us a second, third, fourth, fifth etc. chance to redeem ourselves.

Sag - We respect their lofty, idealistic values. R107, nobody can pin down a Sag, so don’t take it personally. The trick is to catch them whenever they orbit by.

Cap - Other Caps will trust us when we acknowledge their ambitions and stay off their turf. Lots of knowing nods pass between us. Not as sexually compatible because it's hard to break the ice with another Cap.

Aquarius - BFFs. Give us our space. Cerebral, progressive and open-minded. If they decide you're The One, they'll be in your corner for life. My partner's an Aquarius Sun/Taurus Moon and I'm a Cap Sun/Libra Moon.

Pisces - Awesome work buddies who know their shit and also don't mind going with your flow. Very compassionate, gentle souls.

by Anonymousreply 189February 20, 2018 6:58 AM

I cannot believe people really believe this CRAP!

by Anonymousreply 190February 20, 2018 7:10 AM

OK, I’m a Leo, but also born in the year of the Tiger. Do I have too many large cat characteristics to have a balanced personality?

by Anonymousreply 191February 20, 2018 7:24 AM

I'm a Cancer and find Pisces, Pisces moon and Pisces Mars impossible.

by Anonymousreply 192February 20, 2018 7:28 AM

R189, Very nice!

R190, Typical Virgo reaction

by Anonymousreply 193February 20, 2018 7:31 AM

I know everyone says Saggies cheat but most of the guys in relationships who come after me are Capricorns. I don't know if I attract them because they're my opposite (Cancer sun)

by Anonymousreply 194February 20, 2018 7:34 AM

Virgo here. I'm very organized and detail driven, but am really the least controlling person you'd ever meet, am very spontaneous, and not at all OCD. However, I judge and analyze everything around me, good and bad, and it's an ingrained habit that maddens me. I don't do anything with my judgments to affect the lives of others, I just take notes because it's all very interesting to me, this human species. I'm very social and love interacting with people, even people who annoy me (I often get over any initial annoyance very quickly as soon as I start talking to most people).

My Sagittarius partner, however, is very OCD, has to have certain things in their places, isn't very sporty or social, and nags me to death about the dumbest stuff. He thinks it's silly of me to analyze anything at all - yet he benefits from my analysis all the time, and admits it. He thinks I'm a slob, too. Anyone else who knows me laughs at the notion that I'm somehow this sloppy person (when he has a pile of receipts from the 90s, in a pile, and some in boxes, in a closet), and can seemingly never throw away a newspaper. And no, he's not a cheater. He has loyalty down, and thinks like I do - we work with what we have.

Somehow, we constantly keep each other in good spirits, making fun of each other, bickering, have a good amount in common, great sex and affection, love spending time with each other, and are yin to each other's yang (depending on the day), and have cared for each other during crises. I love him dearly, and yet our signs are not supposed work together.

Astrology can be fun, but as someone mentioned above, it shouldn't be any more than fun - if I listened to the advice of Linda Goodman, I'd never have approached my shy Sag partner in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 195February 20, 2018 8:08 AM

Astronomy and science only bitches!!!

by Anonymousreply 196February 20, 2018 8:36 AM

If you get deep into astrology like far beyond just the basic sunnsign shit and really study it there is nothing more accurate.

by Anonymousreply 197February 20, 2018 8:47 AM

There is nothing more accurate than astrology?

Really?

by Anonymousreply 198February 20, 2018 8:57 AM

R194, yes, most people are attracted to their opposite.

I spent time going deep with a Cancer and r127 is so accurate it's scary. Are you my nutty ex?

I am a Sag in a LTR with a Gemini (8 years) and I find him hot and distant, which is okay with me. I don't cheat because we are older and wiser now and both cheated on others when we were younger. It's more a choice than anything else. The emotional distance creates a little mystery so we don't get bored. He would probably say I should think before I speak, but whatever, I'm better than I used to be.

Taurus is wimpy and boring, but will rub every inch of your body.

Aries are spontaneous, but controlling in weird ways. Adventurous sex.

Gemini sort of gets off of talking. If I want him to cum quicker, I just talk dirty or moan loudly on that big cock. Works like a charm.

Cancers are mind fucks as r127 described, but it is fascinating to participate in that craziness at least once.

I know no Leos or Virgos, thankfully.

Libras are mealy-mouthed and hate to get dirty. Attracted to me, I actively dislike them.

Scorpios are brooding assholes who think they are always right and try to control you with great oral skills (mmmmmm). Run away beforr they think it is a relationship.

Other Sag's suck in bed, but are fun.

Capricorns do fuck you over at work and evolved ones are good friends. Uninteresting sexually though.

Aquarius are fake, judgmental and rigid in their "liberal" ideas and not manly. Outwardly they seem great, but I have lived with two. Soul-less SJWs. Covert narcissists.

Pisces are either the greatest or the nuttiest. I know a great one so I will shut up now.

Being cheated on is not the worst thing that can happen to any of you.

by Anonymousreply 199February 20, 2018 9:08 AM

Real astrology is complicated and yes, accurate. But there’s no point in having this conversation with you when your mind is made up, R198.

Astrology and the history of astrology is fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 200February 20, 2018 9:10 AM

I’m a Libra who dated a Cancer and they were crazy as fuck but the sex was hot. My mars is in Cancer and their Mars was in Libra and I was told that’s why we had such sexual chemistry even though we were so incompatible in every other way.

by Anonymousreply 201February 20, 2018 9:13 AM

Sounds hot r201.

by Anonymousreply 202February 20, 2018 9:18 AM

Astrology is about as accurate as tea leaves, tarot cards or divining rods.

I really, really cannot believe people believe this CRAP!

by Anonymousreply 203February 20, 2018 9:18 AM

Virgo at R203, and this is why you’re not invited to parties, because you’re no fun. Grab a drink and go sit in the corner, go on.....

by Anonymousreply 204February 20, 2018 9:35 AM

I am a taurus and as such people think I am stable, steady, headstrong...all true. But as you see me as a moocow with horns standing here munching on clover, you ought to know that the gears in my head are turning turning turning and I’m ruminating life...and not only practical matters.

We taureans have a lot going on beneath the surface that isn’t visible from the outside. Sometimes it’s devious. For example, I’m deeply gleeful watching “astronomy trolls” triggered by the discussions here.

PLEASE keep bantering about astrology because whether or not we take it seriously, the mere mention of it evidently drives some people into mad rages and forced (shallow) lectures about science. They simply cannot bear to overhear discussions beyond their own paradigms. This amuses me.

by Anonymousreply 205February 20, 2018 10:17 AM

I'm a Gemini and I get why people don't like us but I really do like other Gemini people. It takes a lot of courage and stamina to get through life when you mind is like a BB in a boxcar.

by Anonymousreply 206February 20, 2018 10:25 AM

I like most gemini people I know a lot. Everyone has multiple facets and many people are two faced. Geminis will tell you upon meeting that they have a good personality and a dak personality. At least you know what to expect.

by Anonymousreply 207February 20, 2018 10:30 AM

I like Gemini, I just don’t like their not so nice twins. Every Gemini I’ve met so far has been two faced.

Hi twin at R207!

by Anonymousreply 208February 20, 2018 10:31 AM

R208 I’m a taurus, not a gem. I am perpetually fearful of betrayal, so geminis make life a little easier...because I expect betrayal!

I feel like we bulls share common traits with geminis, anyway. We famously can stand and listen with seemingly endless tolerance to just about anything until something—often random seeming to people—flips the switch on our “I’ve had enough and you will be gored now” personality. I have a good friend who is a gemini and she warns people all the time about her evil alter ego. I think she recognizes and respects (because she has seen it) that I am reliably sweet and loyal but I’ll cut a bitch with no warning if that bitch pushes the wrong button intentionally or not.

by Anonymousreply 209February 20, 2018 10:38 AM

R192 I know of this Cancerian man with a Pisces Moon/Jupiter conjunction natally.

He seems to be actively trying to drink & smoke himself to death, presumably as a way to medicate his unresolved childhood abuse issues and the fact that he’s a bisexual closet-case who cannot let go of his secret Scorpio ex-boyfriend (who incidentally also had a Pisces moon). He drives drunk constantly, spends money he doesn’t have like seawater (he’s massively in debt) and is always having SM drama. He also had some kind of convoluted ED and fluctuates between skinny & ripped.

That said, he’s sexual very appealing (feminine looks, he has Capricorn Venus) and is a genuinely talented musician who writes popsongs that speak to everyone. He’s sweet, fundamentally, like Pisces always are and Cancer sometimes can be. He’s just darksided, just hates himself to the point of self-sabotage that drags other people around him down. It’s a shame. I hope he works it all out one day soon.

by Anonymousreply 210February 20, 2018 10:40 AM

I just looked it up and I'm a Libra with Scorpio rising, so basically I'm insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 211February 20, 2018 10:56 AM

R208, I'm sorry dear, Gemini and Taurus are not similiar. Of course I haven't seen your whole chart, but generally speaking, you are not alike.

by Anonymousreply 212February 20, 2018 11:16 AM

Not my place to make judgments about the validity of astrology. I can only say that I have had my chart created and then read twice over the years, by two different women, about 25 years apart. Each of them gave me a lot of information that was very useful. Not winning lottery ticket numbers, of course. That's not what astrology does. But looking ahead several years, each pointed out very specific windows of time when things were going to be turbulent. And they were. They each pointed out very specific windows of time in which life changing events would occur. And they did. The second woman I met with told me I would be moving soon and that it would be a good move. I had bought a co-op apartment six months earlier and I scoffed. A year later, my neighborhood had become hot and my neighbor sold her apartment for twice what I had paid. Two months later, I sold mine, used the profit to buy a house. In Brooklyn. I sold that a few years ago at a huge premium.

That astrologer told me to beware of problems related to water. When I was buying the house, I did extra scrutiny on the plumbing. The plumbing got its own inspection. Everything was deemed to be in order. But wasn't. Then there were problems with the water bill because of fuck ups by the city. The adjoining house got a gut renovation and that created water problems for me. The house and I survived Hurricane Sandy, but the flood waters got to within a block away. After that... I sold.

But I make no judgments about astrology.

I am a Scorpio and do think I well match much of what is written about Scorpios. But I was also raised in a bumpy home with a much older sister who had severe mental illness. That was one long, stressful, volatile, and unpredictable ride. My character is easily as affected by that experience as it is by my Scorpio birth date. One's astrological chart is not alone in influencing one's life.

by Anonymousreply 213February 20, 2018 11:29 AM

R213 Stop, you’re scaring the astronomer! Religious zealots would tell you to “find religion.” The astronomer will tell you to find science (it’s cool!) in 3...2...1...

Actually, he’s mocking you for being a gullible fool, but it’s fun to imagine him pulling out his hair in frustration that his superiority is not being recognized and his advice heeded.

by Anonymousreply 214February 20, 2018 11:34 AM

Anyone who is on the cusp. I know i’m a Gemini on the cusp of Cancer which gives me 3 personalities .

by Anonymousreply 215February 20, 2018 11:55 AM

Good morning, Science Is Cool Troll! :::waves:::

I know you’re still reading this thread because your intuition tells you that there’s some unexplainable truth to astrology, even as your frontal lobe battles that truth.

Don’t let It drive you mad.

by Anonymousreply 216February 20, 2018 12:02 PM

Leos are so chill.

by Anonymousreply 217February 20, 2018 1:18 PM

Why is r70 the only normal one in this thread?

On a website where it is an OBSESSION to point out ESTs and call every fucking post out for being fake, you people believe in astrology? Do you even know how many studies have proven it is complete BS?

The research into astrology being a pseudoscience goes back to the 1970s. Then, there are decades of research on the fools who think it's real.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218February 20, 2018 1:25 PM

R218 Mary, get a fucking grip!

by Anonymousreply 219February 20, 2018 2:54 PM

Astrology is widely followed as a pasttime. Everyone into astrology does not actually believe everything about astrology.

Coming to a thread for the sole purpose of criticizing the topic, especially past 100 or 200 posts in, is a supremely dickish move. In otherwords, only insufferable assholes do this.

I would rather spend time with an entertaining person who believed in astrology 100% than some humorless scold who can’t pass up an opportunity to act superior.

by Anonymousreply 220February 20, 2018 3:01 PM

Popping in to say to the Virgo, you're absolutely right, okay? You've covered the topic thoroughly, defended science and no one can argue with you. You've made me proud.

Now, let the pseudoscientists play...

by Anonymousreply 221February 20, 2018 3:22 PM

Someone start a thread about Game of Thrones so that I can scream and yell at my computer that dragons and ice zombies do not exist!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 222February 20, 2018 3:33 PM

The airheads among us are always ready to believe whatever fake news is put in front of them, plausible or not. So Astrology is “just for fun” but they go on to talk about it like it’s real and form opinions of people in their lives based on this fakery.

by Anonymousreply 223February 20, 2018 7:17 PM

[quote] I know i’m a Gemini on the cusp of Cancer which gives me 3 personalities.

Just the 3 dear?

by Anonymousreply 224February 20, 2018 7:26 PM

R223, keep breathing, you sound very upset. What else upsets you in this world?

by Anonymousreply 225February 20, 2018 7:49 PM

R212, I’m an Aries. You know the FIRST sign, with the most amazing horns of all.

I was referring to R207 as my “twin”, because as I was typing about two faced Geminis, his post popped up where he was talking about two faced Geminis.

R207 is a Taurus, and while I have enjoyed screwing (and loving) one of them for the past 20 years, I enjoy being an Aries. And I know that Taurus and Gemini are nothing alike.

Thank you for your attention. Did I manage to sound as tedious as that Virgo person who keeps screaming “science”?

by Anonymousreply 226February 20, 2018 7:58 PM

Okay, R22. So are you willing to admit that astrology is as fake as a scrioted fantasy show?

If not, what is your point?

I enjoy Harry Potter and The Magicians. It doesn't mean magic is real. I enjoy Buffy. It doesn't mean vampires really exist.

You can't honestly be trying to tell me that--with all fhe detailed responses in this thread where it is taken so seriously, that it is really "just for fun."

Point, please?

by Anonymousreply 227February 20, 2018 8:02 PM

R227, vampires don't exist? You're just telling us without any warning?

R227, where do you fall on the autism spectrum?

by Anonymousreply 228February 20, 2018 8:06 PM

This thread is useless without photos.

by Anonymousreply 229February 20, 2018 8:22 PM

Astrology is fake. Maybe that's why so many silly fags are into it.

by Anonymousreply 230February 20, 2018 8:39 PM

Given astrology is a poor predictor, has it any value?

Martin Cohen: “Actually, I’m not sure that I do want to give the nod to the description of astrology as a poor predictor, as that reinforces the stereotype image of the subject as given in newspaper columns. My suggestion is to see it as a tool for interpreting the world, and in particular each individual’s relationship to it – I mean, in psychological terms. This way, I think, astrology is full of rich and subtle insights. How it arrives at them is of little importance.

“But yes, astrology is easy – laughably easy – to debunk using conventional methods and ideas. On the other hand – and this is really the subtext of the entire social science debate over Paradigm Shift – convention is a poor guide to anything.

“Mainstream science regularly rules definitively on things about which, in fact, the state of knowledge really only allows tentative opinions. In science, the measure is usefulness; we should give astrology the same chance.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231February 20, 2018 10:11 PM

Well, SMELL Miss R230.

Someone's just farted in the elevator and it's her....

by Anonymousreply 232February 20, 2018 10:30 PM

[quote]Astrology is bullshit.

I have always had this suspicion that astrology may in fact be science. Hear me out. It doesn't really have anything to do with the stars and houses, that's probably mostly conjecture - at the end of the day though, it's all about the moon. Which has been exactly where it is, more or less on a 28 day cycle, for millennia and the sun (albeit on a longer cycle), the same. And how the forces they exert upon each other affect the earth. We know that the moon affects the earth on the regular - we see the evidence of the tides coming and going twice a day. What most people don't know is that the sun too affects the tidal forces, just far less strongly. What is the human body made mostly of? That' right...water.

My pet theory is that the characteristics we have come to identify with the signs, and which are also replicated in other systems like Chinese and Vedic astrology are actually due to replicable tidal forces being exerted upon the fetus during the formation of it's neural pathways and brain that end up with similar structural outcomes. So babies that gestate in the same timeframes end up with some general characteristics due to tidal force during formative cell processes. Cells made mostly of water, gestated in a bag of mostly water.

I suppose it's possible that some of those further away planets may have some pull, or they may have been measuring devices for where the sun and moon actually are in the their cyclic relation to each other, but I don't really know. I do know though that water's the key to the whole thing.

Do I think astrology can in any way whatsoever predict the future? Hell no. Do I think that it might be able to make some mostly accurate gross generalizations about personality types? Yes. A little bit of nature vs. a little bit of nurture.

by Anonymousreply 233February 20, 2018 10:35 PM

Seems like some megabrain guys are here to crash a funny party

by Anonymousreply 234February 20, 2018 10:38 PM

Ffs, this is why we can’t have nice things. Thiis thread was fun before the drama science queens showed up.

Damn Capricorn!Virgo fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 235February 20, 2018 11:04 PM

I'm now convinced, R225, that observational science exists even if the basis for its existence is based on the belief that the mind exists. If one of these geniuses can give me proof of where the mind is based, where thoughts come from, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt for possessing true intelligence.

One thing I've noted about Cancers. No matter what their body types they tend to be in perfect proportion. Cancer men also tend to overcompensate for their more feminine traits if they're not fully embracing them in very flamboyant ways.

by Anonymousreply 236February 20, 2018 11:07 PM

[quote]Cancer men also tend to overcompensate for their more feminine traits

Yes, they'll play against their nurturing, sensitive natures by being contrary and argumentative. But their bark is worse than their bite, I've found.

by Anonymousreply 237February 20, 2018 11:15 PM

I'm a Virgo from up-thread (R16) and I'm amused by all the negative opinions of Virgos.

I am naturally observant and analytical. I can't help it - my brain is constantly absorbing and figuring things out. I listen more than I talk, because I am genuinely interested in what each person is made of (as a side effect, any flaws a person may have are glaringly obvious to me). I talk about myself only when I fee it's safe to be myself (when I get to know the other person well). It sounds sneaky, like I'm collecting information about someone to have an advantage over that person, but it's not. I am no Barbara Covett. If I criticize you, it means that I thought about you a lot. In a weird way, it's a compliment.

Virgos save the harshest criticism for themselves. You have no idea.

I have learned over the years to tone down my critical tone, because it's not productive and because I have hurt people in the past, and so I keep my thoughts to myself. But they are there.

Oh, and being stuck with uninteresting people or poor conversationalists is my worst nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 238February 20, 2018 11:30 PM

R238 Your second paragraph, except for the last two sentences, sounds just like me and I am a Taurus.

by Anonymousreply 239February 20, 2018 11:33 PM

Makes sense, R239. Virgo and Taurus are supposed to be a good match.

by Anonymousreply 240February 20, 2018 11:40 PM

I miss my Virgo. When they love you they really take care of you. You can tap them on the shoulder anytime for sex, and afterwards they'll bring you a nice warm towel and scurry off to the kitchen to fix you a snack. If you're spacey and disorganized like I was, Virgo will be just the opposite and give you a good life, even on limited resources.

by Anonymousreply 241February 20, 2018 11:40 PM

Virgos make excellent technical editors.

by Anonymousreply 242February 20, 2018 11:44 PM

Love you R238. ❤️

by Anonymousreply 243February 21, 2018 12:06 AM

Do you R238. Don’t worry about the haters.

by Anonymousreply 244February 21, 2018 12:06 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 245February 24, 2018 8:31 PM

[quote]R66 They call Capricorns "young fogeys."

Look, SOMEONE has to blow out the candles and lock up the house after the rest of you have all passed out in your own sick.

by Anonymousreply 246February 24, 2018 8:36 PM

Breezing through these posts, I can’t help but feel like something is lacking. I think we could use more discussion about the awesomeness of Leos. They really do make life more enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 247February 24, 2018 8:38 PM

If you're not good at taking care of yourself get yourself a capricorn.

by Anonymousreply 248February 24, 2018 8:41 PM

[quote] we could use more discussion about the awesomeness of Leos. They really do make life more enjoyable.

R247 sometimes. Interesting that my worst ‘frenemy’ (who all but stalked me), the pervert in my dorm and my asshole father are all Leo Suns, and among the worst people I’ve had to deal with personally in my life (not THE worst though, that award is tied between a Gemini & a Capricorn).

Then again, one of my best friends has a Leo Mars (she’s a Pisces) and one of my sweetest college classmates had a Leo Moon (Aqua sun) so there’s upsides to it.

Maybe Leo + Sun is just too much Ego. Or my Leo Chiron is just a real motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 249February 24, 2018 9:24 PM

GEMINI

PISCES

by Anonymousreply 250February 24, 2018 9:25 PM

R248 a Cap will take care of you - for years, even -but make no mistake, they are billing you for time in their mind no matter how selflessly they seem to give of themselves.

They expect recompense when all is resolved, and if they don’t receive what they feel they are owed in return for their exemplary service then they will take their pound of flesh and split. They aren’t carers by Nature, but can be dutiful (not always).

by Anonymousreply 251February 24, 2018 9:29 PM

I wonder if Sybil's mother was a Capricorn with Leo moon and Cancer ascendant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252February 24, 2018 9:32 PM

I have an Aquarian moon, does that make me problematic?

by Anonymousreply 253February 25, 2018 1:20 AM

no, you're fine

by Anonymousreply 254February 25, 2018 1:21 AM

Is Venus in Scorpio problematic?

by Anonymousreply 255February 25, 2018 1:31 AM

R175, you should hear what he said about you.

by Anonymousreply 256February 25, 2018 3:00 AM

R255 they’re only a problem for people they hate or are sexually obsessed with. No-one else is even on Venus in Scorpio radar.

The Venus signs to avoid imo are: Cancer, who tend to moody & passive-aggressive; Libra, who are fickle and like to mindgame/toy with people; Sagittarius, who act childishly & thoughtlessly; and Pisces, who are like wet noodles.

The best Venus position: Taurus, where she is most at home; Aquarius, for all humanity; and Capricorn for good sex & good taste.

by Anonymousreply 257February 25, 2018 2:30 PM

[quote]The Venus signs to avoid imo are: Cancer, who tend to moody & passive-aggressive

by Anonymousreply 258February 25, 2018 4:13 PM

Aquarius Moon people are the worst for me as I have Pisces Moon and I need to have an emotional conection with the person, I wont get that with tses people.

by Anonymousreply 259February 25, 2018 5:09 PM

How many Capricorns does it take to change a lightbulb? One because I'm the only one around here that ever does anything.

by Anonymousreply 260February 25, 2018 5:11 PM

R259 would you mind elaborating a little bit on why you Lunar Pisces behave in such strange ways? I’m a Libra moon myself - aspecting Neptune but with tricky Capricorn aspects - and I just don’t understand you, especially the men. I sincerely would like to know what goes through your minds to make you act thus.

For instance; just why does Pisces Moon show up places having clearly been crying but then refuse to share feelings verbally? (making everyone else uncomfortable...) And why does this Moon sometimes pick on others but then act mortally wounded if anyone dare bite back? Why do they cheat & get high constantly and wonder why they aren’t considered paragons of faith?

by Anonymousreply 261February 25, 2018 6:42 PM

I have Venus, Moon and Mercury in the 8th house

by Anonymousreply 262February 25, 2018 6:53 PM

R223, sounds like you have Mars in Uranus. That can be a painful transit, so sit tight and before you know it, your Moon will be waxing. Beware of Venus envy.

by Anonymousreply 263February 26, 2018 1:02 AM

Too funny!

by Anonymousreply 264February 26, 2018 1:29 AM

Are Capricorn’s as heartless as they seem?

by Anonymousreply 265March 14, 2018 2:33 AM

Anyone ever had an accurate chart done by an astrologer?

by Anonymousreply 266March 14, 2018 2:36 AM

^ In addition to R266's question, how much did it cost?

by Anonymousreply 267March 14, 2018 2:53 AM

Which online astrologer do you like best? I tend to read astrologyzone Susan miller but she's been a bit off the past year imho. I'd love to get my chart done but don't know how to find a good astrologer in my area.

by Anonymousreply 268March 14, 2018 2:55 AM

Try this one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269March 14, 2018 3:14 AM

I work in an office with something like 4 Scorpios. Fun times. Poisonous den, indeed!

by Anonymousreply 270March 14, 2018 3:25 AM

Adam Sommer is really good. The guy who was on the god warrior episode of trading spouses is actually a really good astrologer too. His name is Chris Flisher he has an astrology podcast and I got a reading with him that was really accurate.

by Anonymousreply 271March 14, 2018 3:48 AM

Thanks @R271

by Anonymousreply 272March 14, 2018 4:16 AM

I had a book about the birth charts, planets and numbers but i lost it...

by Anonymousreply 273March 14, 2018 4:22 AM

Aquarius men.

by Anonymousreply 274March 14, 2018 4:37 AM

The absolute worst are ANYBODY who actually believes "astrology signs" are anything more than fantasy entertainment. It's all a crock of shit.

by Anonymousreply 275March 14, 2018 4:41 AM

Thx r269!

by Anonymousreply 276March 14, 2018 12:33 PM

I've done it twice, R266. The first time, at about 20 years of age. The 2nd time, at about 40 years of age. Both times, I went with recommendations from friends and from reading I was able to do about them. Your chart is your chart. Starting with the same basic information, every practitioner should come up with the same chart. After the chart is drafted, it will be interpreted. You want someone with whom you are comfortable spending an hour or so, someone whose expertise is apparent to you.

Both times I did this, I got a trove of useful information. No winning lottery numbers, though. I was told of periods of time where there would be change and upheaval. The second time I did it, I was just settling into an apartment I bought about six months before. The woman reading the chart told me I was going to move. I told her no. She told me yes. I told her that I had just moved and had no intention of moving again. She told me, "Don't unpack. It's right here. You're moving. Soon." My Brooklyn neighborhood soon began to gentrify and prices soared. Two years after I moved in, I moved out, having sold for twice what I paid. It took a while to work through the idea that while it would be a lot of bloody work, I could take this opportunity to make some money and improve my finances. Somehow, having been tipped off in advance, it made the decision making a little easier. I'm glad it did. That additional move worked out well, too.

But, yeah. No lottery numbers.

by Anonymousreply 277March 14, 2018 12:56 PM

I understand this stuff is harmless fun for most people but the poster who said he actually turned down someone he was attracted to just because of the person's sign? If you're allowing random star patterns to limit the people you let into your life or what experiences you have you've crossed the marker into Crazyville.

by Anonymousreply 278March 14, 2018 2:14 PM

R270, yikes, nest of vipers indeed. If I were you I wouldn’t make any move to get close to them and would keep my personal life & data from them at all costs. If anything they can use to hurt you falls into their hands, they will pick it up. Civil distance is best when you can’t outright get away from them. No sudden movements, remember.

by Anonymousreply 279March 14, 2018 2:22 PM

Scorpios are the best, the brightest, and the most skilled and adventurous lovers. All the best things in life, wrapped into one hot little sun sign. If the other 11 signs were more reasonable, there would be no trouble.

by Anonymousreply 280March 14, 2018 2:38 PM

LOL at you Marys throwing away your money on this nonsense.

My sides.

by Anonymousreply 281March 14, 2018 6:21 PM

I've said this before, but I'm nothing like my astrology sign. I'm supposed to be a Leo, but I'm shy, awkward, introverted and I hate socializing. I am not domineering, manipulative or anything people say about Leos. The only thing I have in common with Leos is I'm kinda fiery, as in a short fuse, I get easily pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 282March 14, 2018 7:01 PM

Dollars to donuts you are a Leonine 12th house sun, R282. Were you born early in the morning in the Western Hemisphere?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283March 14, 2018 7:18 PM

r2 you're right, I'm a virgo and Im all those things but we are compassionate and kind when we aren't following around our partners with a Swiffer

by Anonymousreply 284March 14, 2018 7:44 PM

I have NEVER witnessed a Virgo being compassionate or kind. That just does not happen. Brittle and controlling? Oh, hell yes. That they've all got.

by Anonymousreply 285March 15, 2018 12:51 AM

I once had a sweet-natured Nigerian Virgo gf who couldn’t have been a sweeter person. She was one of the only classmates I had who didn’t judge me harshly or give me a hard time for being different, and was always chilled out & kind not to mention generous. She put up with a lot of crap from her family & her pastor/boss etc. She was too nice for her own good back then, really.

Of course, there is every chance that she’s become bitter & superficial & nagging with age. I wouldn’t know as I haven’t seen her since the year after we graduated HS (and that was some years ago). She went into business, married a white guy and cut off her parents so I guess she grew a pair and did well for herself, nice or not.

Virgo Suns are generally not as hard to get on with as Leo & Libra Suns, IMO. The two ‘L’s will judge you right out of the gate and almost always find you wanting. Virgo will see your flaws and point them out but won’t punish or ridicule you for them.

by Anonymousreply 286March 15, 2018 12:59 AM

I can never tell where my Libra sun leaves off and my Libra moon kicks in?

by Anonymousreply 287March 15, 2018 1:38 AM

R287 look at the house each light is in and the aspects they individually make to other planets/houses in the chart, hon. The effects of each should then become clear.

by Anonymousreply 288March 15, 2018 1:58 AM

I agree 100% with R278. Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 289March 15, 2018 3:49 AM

But that's just it, R289...there really is no "just for fun" where astrology is concerned. You either buy into it, or think it is bullshit.

And the way these posters are going on about it makes it is crystal clear they are into it whole hog. Look at all these detailed posts about how they use it to form judgments about people's personalities, and use it to make decisions about their lives.

It is every bit as clueless and ridiculous as bible thumpers who think they have a "personal relationship with Jesus."

Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 290March 15, 2018 7:55 AM

Scorpio here trying to attract an older Capricorn. Any pointers?

by Anonymousreply 291March 15, 2018 10:05 AM

[quote]I once had a sweet-natured [bold]Nigerian[/bold] Virgo gf

Because, relevance.

by Anonymousreply 292March 15, 2018 10:30 AM

[quote]Scorpio here trying to attract an older Capricorn. Any pointers?

R291 I'd offer up my Father (4 Jan), but he died last year.

by Anonymousreply 293March 15, 2018 10:38 AM

R291 that depends what you’re trying to attract him for. Sun isn’t generally important in synastry until the LTR stage, as you usually need to establish an emotional (Moon), physical (Mars) and intellectual (Mercury) connection before anything else. Unless he has a Capricorn stellium, a strong Saturn and/or a very strong Sun you can afford to ignore that element of his chart.

For sex you’ll need to target his Mars and his 5th & 8th Houses, taking into account the sign as well as cusp/aspects. For love or an intimate personal relationship, try to target your appeal more to his Moon and his 4th & 7th Houses. If you just want to shake him down for money then take a closer look at his Mercury and his 2nd House. If you want be his close friend or by mentored by him then examine how to appeal to his 10th & 11th house or his Saturn (but be careful playing with Saturn)..

Also, remember to look at your house overlays. This can tell you where connection flows between you or where it cannot.

Bonne chance!

by Anonymousreply 294March 15, 2018 12:24 PM

[quote]I'm A Cancer.

Truer words....

by Anonymousreply 295March 15, 2018 12:34 PM

Anyone who believes in astrology would fit the bill. They'd be completely insufferable, I'm sure, OP.

by Anonymousreply 296March 15, 2018 12:37 PM

Those born under Aries tend to give people who live with them a hard time. According to some experts, every sign is related to an aspect of spiritual evolution, so Aries, as the first sign of the Zodiac, represents a soul which is going through its spiritual childhood (that could explain the whole "I only do what I want", "I want it now" and "I'm tired of this toy, I'm going to find another one" behavior patterns).

However, this is very limiting, there are many more aspects to consider: only a good synastry can help to understand a relationship between two people.

by Anonymousreply 297March 15, 2018 1:04 PM

[quote] However, this is very limiting.

Face it, Dorothy; Sun signs are limited.

by Anonymousreply 298March 15, 2018 1:19 PM

r 285 Perhaps you've never witnessed a Virgo being kind because we dont feel the need to announce a kindness, we just do it....Virgos may be anal retentive, suffer fro OCD but mean we arent

by Anonymousreply 299March 15, 2018 2:43 PM

R268 go to Astro.com and make yourself an account. You can make up & save your own complete chart profile there as well as 99 others (for family, friends, acquaintances, celebrities or whoever’s chart you want).

The site is so good as it has teaching resources and in-depth articles as well as the algorithms to instantly create natal & synastry/composite charts & reports. Charts are free, and even though you have to pay for comprehensive reports often they aren’t necessary as the previews tell you enough. There are even free full weekly horoscopes for sun/rising signs and analysis of important stars in the chart.

I learned astrology from scratch a few years ago just using it and nothing else, and I’d say I’m a pretty strong amateur now.

by Anonymousreply 300March 15, 2018 3:09 PM

[quote]He’s also responsible for finances and bills, because I have no patience for annoying tasks and details in my life.

Aries + Math = Certain Disaster

by Anonymousreply 301March 15, 2018 3:18 PM

I’m a Pisces but got over the worst of my issues thanks to getting my shit together before law school.

My only major relationship was with a Scorpio and while we had a great connection, there was definitely a see-saw element to it. When he was moody, living with him was super unpleasant, whereas I generally bounce back from moods pretty quickly. The result was a mess where if I needed support at the same time he was in a funk, we became a dual emotional disaster and by the time I snapped out of it, it was often difficult to start pulling him out of it.

As a Pisces, I ended up doing everything home-related, such as cooking, washing dishes, and taking care of the dog but I still ended up getting blamed for the things I did not do. It was frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 302March 15, 2018 3:41 PM

But I am also a top and take responsibility very seriously so I am one of those “upstream fighting” Pisces - I tend to be goal oriented and like having the essentials in order before relaxing.

by Anonymousreply 303March 15, 2018 3:47 PM

^^a Pisces top....? Does such a thing really exist....?

by Anonymousreply 304March 15, 2018 4:04 PM

Thanks Cancer OP, we Aquarians like you a lot too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305March 15, 2018 4:05 PM

The fact that people believe this shit is a real sad state of humanity... I think it makes people feel like they're in control and there are reasons for, and answers to all of life's peculiarities... People for the most part end up being assholes despite their astrological sign.

by Anonymousreply 306March 15, 2018 4:18 PM

R304: I like giving more than receiving hence the household-chore related comment.

by Anonymousreply 307March 15, 2018 4:19 PM

Meh R306: I think it is a sadder state that you think people overall are assholes. Astrology is harmless.

by Anonymousreply 308March 15, 2018 5:10 PM

Exactly, it’s just fun. Humans are natural classifiers, and most people understand that astrology isn’t an absolute science. It’s really just poppsch, an excuse to consider who we are as people and how we behave in ourselves and in relationship to others.

It’s the same with blood types, handedness, eye color, Chinese Zodiac..

by Anonymousreply 309March 15, 2018 5:17 PM

[quote] Aries + Math = Certain Disaster

Same with Aries + Standardised Spelling, or Aries + Good Grammar. They’re very good at scoring 100 on tests but barely ever understand anything intellectual beyond that. They also can’t abstract thought.

by Anonymousreply 310March 15, 2018 7:17 PM

R298

Exactly! That's why a good birth chart made by a professional is important to determine your ascendant, your Moon sign and which planet is positioned in each astrological house. As far as Sun-based Astrology is concerned, pretty much every culture has a different Zodiac, but the main features of each sign (archetypes) tend to be the same regardless of origin.

P.S.: Thank you, but I'm not Dorothy! In fact, if I had a pair of ruby shoes, I've had already sold it!!!

by Anonymousreply 311March 15, 2018 8:15 PM

My Aries parents were really good about keeping track of finances. Although, my father's math skills in themselves weren't very strong.

by Anonymousreply 312March 15, 2018 9:00 PM

[quote]They’re very good at scoring 100 on tests

By cheating. Aries.

by Anonymousreply 313March 15, 2018 10:39 PM

Oh yes, R300. Let me run right over to some "free chart" website and give them all of my personal info. I think astrology is bullshit, but I know enough about it from my 20s new age phase that a full chart is going to ask for not only your birth date, but the exact time of your birth, and the exact location (city/state) where you were born. I bet they even ask for your full name, citing some tangentially related numerology bullshit.

Do you naive fools really give all that information to some anonymous fly-by-night website that could easily steal your identity or sell your info to a million scammers?

Fucking. Morons.

by Anonymousreply 314March 16, 2018 12:12 PM

Calm down r314, it's harmless according to r308... It's all in fun and most people are wonderful and trustworthy.

P.S. Thank r308 for proving my point about people being assholes...now go back to your gin.

by Anonymousreply 315March 16, 2018 7:53 PM

R314, you don't have to put in a name or email to have a chart generated on astro.com. You sound paranoid.

by Anonymousreply 316March 17, 2018 1:49 AM

As a Virgo I must say I find this all a bunch of bullshit. None of you know what the hell you are talking about, and if I could stop all of you Virgo haters from posting I would.

by Anonymousreply 317March 17, 2018 2:13 AM

R12 Pisces people are very kind, it's the world which can be too cruel, which just throws Pisces off.

by Anonymousreply 318March 17, 2018 3:11 AM

I’m a Taurus but I’m horrible at math

by Anonymousreply 319March 17, 2018 4:15 AM

^^Moment of silence for the Mutable signs.

by Anonymousreply 320March 17, 2018 1:25 PM

I have despised all my past Capricorn & Cancer roommates.

Mutables can be among the easiest to live with, provided they don’t have other difficult planets/aspects (my Piscean cousin with the Leo Mars and the Saturn oppositions springs to mind....)

by Anonymousreply 321March 19, 2018 1:46 PM

[quote]Same with Aries + Standardised Spelling, or Aries + Good Grammar.

My spelling and grammar are 99.999999% perfect.

by Anonymousreply 322March 19, 2018 2:04 PM

Virgos, how has this Virgo season been for you?

by Anonymousreply 323September 21, 2018 10:45 PM

Virgos are fussy control freaks.

I’m a Sagittarian and I am great to live with unless you don’t give me space to breathe.

by Anonymousreply 324September 21, 2018 10:59 PM

Not very good, R323.

by Anonymousreply 325October 22, 2018 8:33 PM

Libras are a joy to live with because they hate to fight/argue and try to keep everything peaceful.

Scorpios, Geminis fucking live to fight/drama. Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 326October 22, 2018 8:46 PM

Leos are mind numbingly self-centered and boring.

by Anonymousreply 327November 6, 2018 8:21 PM

Aries men are the best fucks.

by Anonymousreply 328November 6, 2018 8:26 PM

I'm a Leo and I like a neat, ordered home (not nutty about it). My partner is an Aries who THINKS he's clean but is, in actuality, a slob. He does the dishes once in a while and makes it seem like it's some special event. He rarely returns things to places they belong--particularly in the kitchen. I am constantly cleaning. ALL our arguments are about that one thing.

Typical argument" "You need to do the dishes more!" "I did the dishes last week!"

by Anonymousreply 329November 6, 2018 8:42 PM

Cancerians are awesome people...very trustworthy

by Anonymousreply 330November 6, 2018 8:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!