Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Aussie Gays, Tell Me About the TV Drama ALL SAINTS??

I've been binge watching the reruns on HULU. I really like the show. Everyone is so refreshingly average with their good and bad faults on display. No self righteous heroes or overwritten characters trying too hard to be edgy or quirky a la US medical dramas. Ben Taro was very cute, if a little underfed. And I think Georgie Parker is pretty. What shows are the actors in now? I was sorry to hear about Judith McGrath passing away...what was the cause of death? And has Martin Lynes gone to prison yet for rape?

by Anonymousreply 16March 23, 2021 2:20 AM

Georgia Parker is on Home and Away. The character she plays on that was originally played by Justine Clarke, who was also on All Saints. I remember reading that Home and Away producers were always asking Clarke to return but finally threw in the towel when she was cast on AS, which was filmed at the same studio. Ben Tari was very cute and is very gay friendly but I think he's married to a woman. Martin Lynes appears to still be in jail. I'm typing this having just watched another episode from series one and because of his later conviction, it's a strange experience. Other than that it always seems to be cloudy and theres nothing special about any of the houses the various characters live in(plus I've always prfered Melbourne over Sydney), but I'm still enjoying it, Australian TV will always hold a special place in my heart.

by Anonymousreply 1March 20, 2021 1:02 AM

[quote] I've always prfered Melbourne over Sydney

Why?

Melbourne is Very flat. The western suburbs has ghetto riots.

by Anonymousreply 2March 20, 2021 2:02 AM

The hospital used for the non-studio scenes in All Saints is Concord in Sydney. (A public hospital.) You get to see long shots of it from time to time. I went there once as a day patient and was told by Reception not to mind the people wandering the foyer on drips: they were extras in the show.

by Anonymousreply 3March 20, 2021 2:16 AM

R2 Melborne always comes across as move livable, more edgy. Sydney just comes across as rough around the edges, full stop. Thanks for the tip r3, I never thought about looking it up, it's a pretty distint building.

by Anonymousreply 4March 20, 2021 3:07 AM

Cute nurse Connor is now a plastic surgeon with his own skincare range. Von, Judith McGrath, was my favourite. Died of lung cancer..too many cigarettes, I get the impression she may have been gay. She had no family.

by Anonymousreply 5March 20, 2021 3:13 AM

Blonde paramedic guy was in a Place To Call Home...Conrad Coleby and his actual dad played his dad in real life, as he also did in All Saints.

by Anonymousreply 6March 20, 2021 3:15 AM

[quote] it's a pretty distinct building.

It was built for our soldiers returning from the war.

The design was lifted from those Scandinavian hospitals by Alvar Aalto.

by Anonymousreply 7March 20, 2021 3:28 AM

r5 JM was also on a children's show, Round the Twist and the actress who she shared her role with, Jan Friedl, died a couple of months before her. I literally thought Ben Tari was gay up until yesterday. He appears to be a member of Tennis Sydney, which is an LGBT sports club, but he also seems to be married to a woman. R6 CC was also on Home and Away and Ben was just really nice to look at.

by Anonymousreply 8March 20, 2021 3:32 AM

It's nice design, if a bit in need of TLC. Any gossip on the actors from AS, or Aussie actors in general?

by Anonymousreply 9March 20, 2021 3:40 AM

[quote] Aussie actors in general?

Which ones are you after?

by Anonymousreply 10March 20, 2021 6:02 AM

R10, I remember back in the 90's a straight friend swore blind Daniel MacPherson was gay and hwas almost patronising about it, but Macpherson recently announced his seperation from his wife. Any goss? Nowadays my gaydar pings when I watch Mitchell Bourke on The Heights, but I tend to prefer Phoenix Raei. Was Ben Unwin really gay or was it just hearsay? It was suicide, wasn't it? I won't ask about David Hoflin since he's happily married and based in LA, but how about Lauren Hewitt? She really gave it all up, didn't she? How about Alex Dimitriades? 47 and not married. I might as well thrown in the Hemsworths as well, and I know he's not Australian but any dirt on Pana Hema Taylor is always appreciated!

by Anonymousreply 11March 20, 2021 5:46 PM

Daniel MacPherson competed in some athletic competition a decade ago with some gay guy. And that guy lived in the same house as this nice guy (that I know) who was being molested by that ex-Premier named Bob Carr who's a confirmed closet-queen.

Alex Dimitriades has a starring role in some new women's TV show. He's now a middle-aged pussy-hound but the gays have been lusting over him for 30 years. It's all part of his job.

by Anonymousreply 12March 21, 2021 9:03 PM

But MacPherson is straight? Dimitriades is dissapointing, but that's life I guess. I remember there was on article on him aroud the time of The Slap that explored what it must be like for a guy like him to age. Nothing on the guys from The Heights? I know it's based in Perth, but still. Any dirt on the guys from Neighbours over the years? Jesse Spencer, Scott majors, Damien Fotiou, James Sorensen etc

by Anonymousreply 13March 21, 2021 11:01 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 22, 2021 10:55 PM

Never heard of him before r14, but he's cute!

by Anonymousreply 15March 22, 2021 11:43 PM

MAFS is perhaps the trashiest piece of reality TV produced in Oz.

by Anonymousreply 16March 23, 2021 2:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!