Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are there any conspiracy theories or questions and doubts surrounding the death of Princess Grace of Monaco AKA Grace Kelly?

The death of Princess Diana in a car crash spawned numerous conspiracy theories of varying quality but Grace Kelly was before my time so I am asking elder gays on here about the death of Grace Kelly and the aftermath. Has the official version of events ever had serious doubts cast on it? The only things I recall hearing in a TV documentary in the late 1990s was that Grace was deeply unhappy in her marriage and also was involved in a sinister religious cult. Solar temple or something? Whom she paid lots of money too just before her death allegedly? Are there plausible explanations for someone wanting her out of the way and having the means to do it or does it and did it at the time seems like a straightforward tragic car accident?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 18, 2019 12:54 AM

Q: What is the national anthem of Monaco?

A: "She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain When She Comes"

by Anonymousreply 1February 9, 2018 12:39 AM

Naughty!!!! [R1] 😯😆

by Anonymousreply 2February 9, 2018 12:41 AM

Rumor was the Stephanie was driving. And they got into a bad argument and Stephanie did not slow down.

by Anonymousreply 3February 9, 2018 12:50 AM

52 must have looked older then. So matronly.

by Anonymousreply 4February 9, 2018 12:57 AM

[R3] Has Princess Stephanie ever commented on those allegations?

by Anonymousreply 5February 9, 2018 1:35 AM

I think there was an investigation. She testified that Grace was driving. I remember she wore a neck brace for a good while. It's one of those things, we won't ever really know for sure. Stephanie was pretty screwed up for years. But who knows, maybe she would have been that way anyway. The Grimaldi's are pretty screwed up.

by Anonymousreply 6February 9, 2018 2:22 AM

I also believe Stephanie was driving.

by Anonymousreply 7February 9, 2018 2:39 AM

Prince Rainier just wept and wept at the funeral service. It was clear he felt enormously guilty at ruining her life by cheating so much (the only famous figure I've ever seen weep so much at the spouse's funeral was Richard Nixon at Pat's, and again, he felt guilty he had ruined her life, as she infamously told him the night before he resigned).

by Anonymousreply 8February 9, 2018 2:41 AM

R4 Let's be frank, she had a wide face. Look at her son!

If she stayed in Tinsel-Town she'd be competing with those other wide-faced actresses Kathy Bates, Ellyn Burstyn and that Louise Fletcher.

by Anonymousreply 9February 9, 2018 2:45 AM

Was the cause of the crash ever revealed [R6]?

by Anonymousreply 10February 9, 2018 3:35 AM

Ellen Burstyn maybe [R9] but I don't see there ever being a scenario were Grace Kelly competed with Kathy Bates for the same roles.

by Anonymousreply 11February 9, 2018 7:50 AM

This secret lives documentary on the life of Grace Kelly is a real eye opener especially the last 15 minutes or so about her final years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 9, 2018 7:19 PM

R11, you made me spew water on my keyboard! :)

by Anonymousreply 13February 9, 2018 7:27 PM

Lol 😂! [R13]

by Anonymousreply 14February 9, 2018 7:35 PM

R11 I'm talking about if Kelly stayed on living in Hollywood.

Kelly would have got old and frumpy and would be forced to play supporting roles.

Look at Kathleen Turner. She started as a sex-symbol opposite George Clooney but degenerated into a car mechanic wearing a wig.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 9, 2018 10:16 PM

[R15] I think she may have gone more the Elizabeth Taylor route and did less film roles rather than becoming a big participater in supporting roles in films.

by Anonymousreply 16February 10, 2018 4:05 PM

Anybody any thoughts on the Secret Lives documentary revelations?

by Anonymousreply 17February 10, 2018 10:19 PM

I remember the bad joke at the time.

"Did you hear that Princess Grace was on the radio?"

"No, really?"

"Yeah, and on the steering wheel and in the glove compartment....."

by Anonymousreply 18February 10, 2018 10:57 PM

That's naughty [R18]!!!!! 😉 😮😆

by Anonymousreply 19February 10, 2018 11:04 PM

Princess Stephanie was the quintessential bad girl for a few years. I've always believed she was the one driving. That family, at least the younger generation, was known for breaking rules to get what they wanted.

by Anonymousreply 20February 11, 2018 2:45 AM

What makes you feel Stephanie was driving [R20]?

by Anonymousreply 21February 11, 2018 4:00 AM

I think Stephanie was driving too. I seem to recall that Kelly was supposed to have told the ambulance people - 'You must believe I was driving' or something to that effect. So everyone presumed she was covering up for Stephanie.

Wasn't the crash blamed on Kelly having a mini stroke or something.

by Anonymousreply 22February 11, 2018 4:00 AM

Graces sister said that they proved she did not have a stroke. She says she believed she got “dizzy”. WTF? Having driven those roads, I can say you don’t have to be drunk- a few miles too fast or a few seconds of inattention and you’re a goner. Totally unsafe. With that said, I think she was a big drinker, so wouldn’t be surprised if she was at least a little tipsy.

by Anonymousreply 23February 11, 2018 4:05 AM

Oh [R23] I didn't know Grace Kelly was a big drinker? I know in the Secret Lives video they talked about her being given wine or something mixed with a drug during a religious cult initiation ceremony but that wasn't on the day of the crash.

by Anonymousreply 24February 11, 2018 4:16 AM

So do we think Grace Kelly may have been murdered?

by Anonymousreply 25February 28, 2018 7:52 PM

As I remember it, it went like this"

[quote]Pull over, Stefi. Mummy has a headache.

by Anonymousreply 26February 28, 2018 7:55 PM

Princess Grace was going through a difficult menopause

Princess Stephanie was going through a rebellious streak

They got into a huge fight over some McDonald's french fries

So tragic, McDonald's fries aren't even that good

by Anonymousreply 27March 1, 2018 1:56 AM

Interesting theory [R27]!!

by Anonymousreply 28March 1, 2018 4:04 AM

Everybody knows Hillary murdered Princess Grace.

by Anonymousreply 29March 1, 2018 4:34 AM

Princess Stephanie did an interview on an American television program. She said she was not driving the car and that people who claim so are basically accusing her of killing her mother. IIRC, the interview was with either Barbara Walters or Diane Sawyer.

by Anonymousreply 30March 3, 2018 11:12 AM

Lol [R29} Wouldn't surprise me if some do believe that!

by Anonymousreply 31March 3, 2018 6:20 PM

Her guardian angel romy was distracted by a dilf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 17, 2019 9:51 PM

At the time it wAS thought that maybe the daughter was driving or perhaps fighting with her mother.

by Anonymousreply 33January 17, 2019 10:03 PM

I was in Nice last May and we drove our car on the same high, curvy mountain road that she and her daughter drove off. We were driving to La Turbie.

As I understand it, they had been at the Grimaldi summer home in the alpine foothills above Monaco and were coming down the mountain to return to the palace in Monaco.

Someone up thread said that that road requires careful driver attention and I completely agree.

It's a beautiful drive though. There is a certain hue of blue of the shimmering Mediterranean Sea that is completely unique.

by Anonymousreply 34January 17, 2019 10:37 PM

Kelly died the next day from her injuries, so I doubt she was able to speak.

by Anonymousreply 35January 17, 2019 10:44 PM

Broadway saw this coming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 17, 2019 10:47 PM

Grace was so fat by the time she died...

The only mystery is why she didn't she die from spontaneously combustion with all the friction caused by her thick panty-hose covered thighs rubbing together

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 17, 2019 11:38 PM

She will never be forgiven for stealing Judy’s deserved ASIB Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 38January 18, 2019 12:01 AM

Oh dear r36 ! glorious!

by Anonymousreply 39January 18, 2019 12:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!