Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Home Improvement", the TV series starring Tim Allen

I'm wondering if anyone watched this show regularly. While I don't agree with Tim Allen's political views I did enjoy the show. I thought Richard Karn was kinda sexy, too. I wonder how Patricia Richardson, who has a gay son, got along with Tim Allen and what she thinks of him now. Watching the show now I would think that the Taylor family would be Trump supporters. The next door neighbor creeped me out, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78January 30, 2019 4:43 AM

I thought Jonathan Taylor Thomas would have become a big star, but his career fizzled after this and a few Disney films.

by Anonymousreply 1February 8, 2018 3:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 8, 2018 4:10 PM

Patricia Richardson is a very talented actress. It’s too bad she hasn’t gotten higher quality work, but getting a long term network sitcom is like wining the lottery. She should be pleased with that.

She does some regional theater

by Anonymousreply 3February 8, 2018 4:17 PM

Patricia Richardson was dreadful on HI, easily one of the worst mothers/wives on a sitcom. She brought nothing to the show, no charisma, no warmth, no humor, no nurturing, nothing. If she got some jobs doing theater, more power to her. Ironic that Allen was considered just a comic and she was the actress when Allen was better in all ways than she was on this show.

by Anonymousreply 4February 8, 2018 4:22 PM

Zachary Ty Bryan was pretty hot for a while...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 8, 2018 4:23 PM

Did they ever fully show the neighbor? Also, Pamela was at her hottest on this show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 8, 2018 4:24 PM

...then he got really ugly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 8, 2018 4:24 PM

That's an incredibly gay pose Richard Karn is striking there. He is very popular among the bear crowd.

by Anonymousreply 8February 8, 2018 4:25 PM

Did Jonathan Taylor Thomas ever officially come out of the closet?

by Anonymousreply 9February 8, 2018 4:26 PM

r4

I agree and I don't think any of the supporting cast had any chemistry with each other. Tim Allen was OK as a onenote comic, but he was no actor at all. I was dead certain the actor who played youngest son Mark would've turned out to be gay, but it seems he's just a big all around loser instead.

by Anonymousreply 10February 8, 2018 4:26 PM

Would l9ve to have a four way with the Tyler kids at that age

by Anonymousreply 11February 8, 2018 4:53 PM

[Quote] I thought Jonathan Taylor Thomas would have become a big star, but his career fizzled after this and a few Disney films.

It really was downhill after this gem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 8, 2018 4:56 PM

R10, they just didn't seem like brothers at all. Tim could at least be funny, which Patricia could not. I also thought Tim really didn't like Mark.

by Anonymousreply 13February 8, 2018 4:57 PM

Patricia Richardson was great. Her later seasons short cropped "Marcia Clark" perm was unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 14February 8, 2018 4:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 8, 2018 5:01 PM

JTT was also hurt by the fact that he was shorter than Michael J. Fox.

by Anonymousreply 16February 8, 2018 5:02 PM

Stopped watching when the youngest son started turning into Marilyn Manson.

by Anonymousreply 17February 8, 2018 5:03 PM

Didn’t know how short he was, R16. What a cute little pocket bottom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 8, 2018 5:04 PM

Agree about Patricia Richardson. Her character was such a boring frau. Not fun at all. I guess someone had to play the straight man to Tim Allen.

by Anonymousreply 19February 8, 2018 5:07 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 8, 2018 5:13 PM

R1 don’t forget that JTT played a bisexual secondary villain in SPEEDWAY JUNKY, directed by Gus Van Sant’s protege Nicholas Perry and also starring DL-fave Jesse Bradford and the gorgeous Jordan Brower.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 8, 2018 6:22 PM

Patricia Richardson was fine. No crazy eyes, no jazz hands, no hysterics. It was a grounded performance that added a little authenticity to a sitcom.

Take a look at the entire cast of Modern Family, just as one example. The adults all mug like maniacs and the kids lost their acting genes just before puberty.

by Anonymousreply 22February 8, 2018 6:34 PM

"Speedway Junkie" was depressing as fuck.

But I love JTT and Jesse Bradford so it made it worthwhile.

And yes, they did eventually show the neighbor ("Wilson"). I forget exactly where or when. I think the guy died.

by Anonymousreply 23February 8, 2018 6:40 PM

r21

And got orally raped by a beak-nosed bully in the locker room in "Common Ground".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 8, 2018 6:43 PM

I'm willing to guess the writers and producers wanted to make Randy or Mark gay but Timmy put his foot down and refused to let them. They kept hinting at it, at least with Mark's "goth" phase and his mysterious friend. God knows what those two were up to.

Patricia Richardson was the anti-Patricia Heaton, who was on "Everybody Loves Raymond" at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 25February 8, 2018 8:17 PM

[quote]Zachary Ty Bryan was pretty hot for a while...

I'm around his age and I honestly liked him better than JTT back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 26February 8, 2018 9:24 PM

I always thought Tim Allen was rather cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 8, 2018 9:25 PM

[QUOTE]I'm around his age and I honestly liked him better than JTT back in the day.

Cause he was the masculine one. You’re probably a bottom and wanted to get fucked by him.

by Anonymousreply 28February 8, 2018 9:27 PM

Every good top has bottomed before.

by Anonymousreply 29February 8, 2018 9:29 PM

[quote] Zack's cock was bulging to an incredible degree as he looked down at his sexy co-star completely naked on his knees, his big mouth all wet from taking cock. "Oh yeah, you're really turning me on, Jon! Fuck, yeah! Uhh..."

[quote] He was tugging at his cock like mad as he savoured the sight.

[quote] "Fucking suck mine too, now!" he instructed.

[quote] He closed his eyes and took the great hard head into that mouth of his. Zack grinned with glee, and began thrusting into the sexy fucker's face, holding on to his head and yelling, "Yes! Yesss! You cocksucker! Yes!"

[quote] And then he struggled to withdraw, gasping and panting. He lifted his foot up and pushed at Jon's shoulder with it. "On your front", he said. "I want to get my dick in the other end too"

[quote] The hunky boy lay on the floor obediently.

[quote] Zack slammed on top of him, diving in and pounding his ass like an animal, growling and roaring as he fucked him. "This is the greatest!" he hissed, "All the girls and guys want you, don't they? And you love it! Well...this...is...what...happens...when...guys... want...you... rrrrrrrrgh...rrrrrrgh.... GRRRRRRRR!"

[quote] His voice strained as the cum started to pour from him. He squeezed his arm under Jon's chest and grabbed hard at his face as he came into him. "Unnngh! Yes! Yessss!"

[quote] The cock was completely buried, as far in as it could possibly go. The cum was gushing into that sexy body, and Zack had Jon, completely had him at last.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30February 8, 2018 9:41 PM

quote]Her character was such a boring frau. Not fun at all. I guess someone had to play the straight man to Tim Allen.

Mary Frann and Suzanne Pleshette played straightmen much better.

by Anonymousreply 31February 8, 2018 9:47 PM

R23, they showed Earl Hindman's face during the last episode. Not as part of the show itself, but when they aired the curtain call over the end credits. I love when sitcoms do that for their finales.

by Anonymousreply 32February 8, 2018 9:54 PM

r32

Yeah, that's great, like on Rhoda, they introduced Carlton the Doorman and it turned out he was a cat that could talk. And people asked Valerie why since she had a cat that could actually talk, she chose to hide him and she said, "I got three months to live."

by Anonymousreply 33February 8, 2018 10:03 PM

Nice, R30.

by Anonymousreply 34February 8, 2018 10:08 PM

JTT was primed to be a big start but him being a midget stunted his growth as a major actor.

by Anonymousreply 35February 8, 2018 10:32 PM

Didn't the actor who played the youngest kid marry a woman three times his age and run off to a commune?

by Anonymousreply 36February 8, 2018 11:26 PM

Not quite three times his age- only two. They started dating when he was 17 and she in her 30's. He was a gawky and ugly kid so you can be sure she just wanted his Home Improvement money. His parents begged him not to marry her, but he did anyway.

They got divorced, she got a bunch of his money, he is bankrupt and last I heard (a few years ago) was back living with his parents in Kansas or somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 37February 9, 2018 12:39 AM

I always thought Jill was a bit bitchy to Tim. He could be a dope, but he meant well. I would've loved to have had a dad like Tim.

by Anonymousreply 38February 9, 2018 12:46 AM

Yeah Tim was like the best, most well adjusted sitcom dad other than Cliff Huxtable. I don’t know what she ever had to be mad about. He brought home serious bacon, was great with his kids, was always around. Had their house all decked out. He was handsome with a head full of hair. Funny, charming. In good shape. Didn’t have a wandering eye. Could still get it up. This bitch should’ve been on her hands and knees at the front door whenever he came home from work.

by Anonymousreply 39February 9, 2018 12:57 AM

Jill was definitely jealous of the relationship Tim had with the boys but she never showed the other side that would have made them relate to her. She just was such a void in the family. There was the episode where Tim talks about how losing his father affected him and Jill isn't really supportive, she's just there. The entire scene was Tim's.

by Anonymousreply 40February 9, 2018 1:02 AM

And Tim supported her dream of going back to school and becoming a psychologist.

by Anonymousreply 41February 9, 2018 1:03 AM

What a bitch. He might as well have been fucking Heidi on the side.

by Anonymousreply 42February 9, 2018 1:06 AM

The only times I thought they were a realistic couple is when there was outside adversity and one had to stick up for the other. Tim defending Jill to her sisters or Jill by his side when the station tries to change his show. Those moments had some edge but they didn't seem a loving, understanding couple.

by Anonymousreply 43February 9, 2018 1:09 AM

Is Richard Karn packing in OP's pic. That looks like real bulge.

by Anonymousreply 44February 9, 2018 1:12 AM

R27 Wow! hot pic! I never realized Tim was so hung.

by Anonymousreply 45February 9, 2018 1:42 AM

[quote] The next door neighbor creeped me out, too.

I fucking hated that asshole know it all neighbor. He was like an old Sheldon Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 46February 9, 2018 2:09 AM

Patricia Richardson has a small role in the horror film "Christmas Evil."

by Anonymousreply 47February 12, 2018 2:44 AM

Richard Karn was a bear icon during the run of the show. Whatever happened to him?

by Anonymousreply 48February 12, 2018 2:52 AM

[quote]Patricia Richardson was fine. No crazy eyes, no jazz hands, no hysterics. It was a grounded performance that added a little authenticity to a sitcom.

Yes - I actually thought she played the necessary role of the sane one well, and it seemed to be a minority opinion here, but thought she had good chemistry with Tim.

He was always blowing things up, I think most of the time she was annoyed with him were more than justified.

by Anonymousreply 49February 12, 2018 2:57 AM

Hate to admit it, but as a young gayling, I thought Tim Allen was hot during "Home Improvement" - but then I later discovered his politics.

by Anonymousreply 50February 12, 2018 3:40 AM

I watched it for a little while, ended up really not liking it.

by Anonymousreply 51February 12, 2018 3:42 AM

It was pretty lame, even at the time.

by Anonymousreply 52February 12, 2018 3:44 AM

The peasants rejoice at this thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53February 12, 2018 3:53 AM

Fun-fact. When when Dr. Jerome Oziel (the shady Menendez brothers’ psychiatrist) had to sell his his Longridge estates home after the trial, guess who bought it? He sunk tons of money into it & completely remodeled it. The former Mrs Allen (Dick) owns it now.

by Anonymousreply 54February 12, 2018 4:19 AM

Hated the show. The emphasis on gender roles was absurd.

Patricia Richardson always looked embarrassed and wishing she was doing a prestigious show. Although HI was technically not blue collar, it had a blue collar vibe.

by Anonymousreply 55February 12, 2018 4:19 AM

Frances Fisher was the original Jill. But she got fired after the pilot because she was too stiff and humorless.

by Anonymousreply 56February 12, 2018 4:26 AM

Hated the show. My whole family liked it though so I watched it now and then. It had one episode that wasn't just funny but was belly laugh hysterical. That's when Tim used Jill's driver's license photo for the invitations to her surprise birthday party.

You do know time is a homosexual don't you? A homosexual rat fink. He would have spent his life behind bars if he didn't turn states evidence on his drug gang. Surprised he's still alive.

by Anonymousreply 57February 12, 2018 4:34 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58February 12, 2018 4:35 AM

Tim needs to grow that mustache back.

by Anonymousreply 59February 12, 2018 4:36 AM

I recently discovered that Nickelodeon-famous Millennial actor/musician Drake Bell had his very first television role on HI, as Pete Bilker’s little 8 year-old son who wants Tim to build him a swing-set.

A few years later Bell appeared as a similar guest on an episode of SEINFELD, and later on CAROLINE IN THE CITY. All this before he managed to win a leading role on Nick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60February 12, 2018 1:57 PM

Tim Allen and Richard Karn both seem to have big packages.

by Anonymousreply 61February 13, 2018 3:57 PM

It was tolerable, so by default it was better than [italic]Friends[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 62February 13, 2018 4:03 PM

Yeah, I'm gonna have to dispute that, R62.

by Anonymousreply 63February 13, 2018 4:43 PM

Jill hired a tool. He most certainly was stupid like one, including his grunting. But yeah, she was a bit jealous about his relationship with the kids, because he was more their stupid friend (who blows shit up) than a parent and all the parenting was left to her and she had to be the bad guy all the time ruining their fun. I believe they even made an episode about it where, for once (when she had to go to the hospital?), where he had to discipline the boys.

by Anonymousreply 64February 13, 2018 4:44 PM

Jill wasn't much of a prize herself. Not encouraging to anyone, didn't cook, didn't clean and her attempts at discipline were typical frau passive aggressive behavior. There was an episode where Jill said that if he couldn't civilize the boys, he'd have to go with her to the opera. Hilarity ensues.

by Anonymousreply 65February 13, 2018 5:12 PM

Zachery Bryan is a major MAGAt these days

by Anonymousreply 66January 29, 2019 8:16 PM

But was a good looking white boy I wouldn't kick out of bed

by Anonymousreply 67January 29, 2019 8:26 PM

Hate it. Hate him.

by Anonymousreply 68January 29, 2019 8:27 PM

That show was for the mentally challenged. Tim Allen was a coke dealer who snitched to save himself from prison. He’s a lowlife who acts all wholesome and sanctimonious on tv, yet has that in his background. Now isn’t he playing a conservative dad on some show? How very Republican.

by Anonymousreply 69January 29, 2019 8:28 PM

You would now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 29, 2019 8:28 PM

He's a Tommy Lahren/Breitshart fan

by Anonymousreply 71January 29, 2019 8:54 PM

[quote]Richard Karn was a bear icon during the run of the show. Whatever happened to him?

He hosted Family Feud for a few years. Not sure what he's doing now.

by Anonymousreply 72January 29, 2019 8:55 PM

You are fucking hilarious talking how the Mom was "jealous" or "passive aggressive", like they were real people.

by Anonymousreply 73January 29, 2019 8:59 PM

[quote]You do know time is a homosexual don't you?

Deep! And probably true!

by Anonymousreply 74January 29, 2019 9:04 PM

R25 I also assumed Mark was meant to be the coded ‘oddball/artschool/freak’ of the family and the gay-coded one of the kids. He spent a whole season wearing eyeliner and swishing around in back of takes.

The episode where he starts a grungey punk band in Tim’s garage (including his probable secret boyfriend) and sings/play tamborine in rehearsal still tickles me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 29, 2019 9:53 PM

R65: You clearly never watched the show and just hate women. Die already.

And this is from someone who only watched cause of the 3 boys...

by Anonymousreply 76January 29, 2019 10:06 PM

R75 oh my god, I forgot about his dog collar friend of his. I remember him being on a couple of episodes Wonder what he looks like now

by Anonymousreply 77January 30, 2019 4:36 AM

"TIIIIIIIIM! I can't BELIEVE you would be so INSENSITIVE!"

--the wife, every single fucking episode

by Anonymousreply 78January 30, 2019 4:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!