Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Richard Pryor openly talked about sexual experiences with Dudes

So why he is never credited as an openly bisexual celebrity?

“I sucked one dick,” he said from the stage, drawing his audience back into a scene from his red-light district childhood. “Back in 1952. Sucked Wilbur Harp’s dick. It was beautiful, but I couldn’t deal with it. Had to leave it alone.” The crowd roared. “It was beautiful because Wilbur has the best booty in the world. Now I’m saying booty to be nice. I’m talking about ass-hole. Wilbur had some good ass-hole. And Wilbur would give it up so good and put his thighs against your waist. That would make you come quick.” With that confession, Pryor became perhaps the first major Hollywood celebrity to talk graphically about his own positive experience of gay sex – and certainly the first to do so in front of tens of thousands of people.

by Anonymousreply 118March 18, 2019 5:26 PM

Turning Against Him!

by Anonymousreply 1February 7, 2018 9:48 PM

You’re ignorant r1

by Anonymousreply 2February 7, 2018 9:51 PM

R2 I know, Black Culture is the least homophobic of all races. You got me!

by Anonymousreply 3February 7, 2018 9:52 PM

Here’s what matters. Did Richard fuck this Marlon...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 7, 2018 10:08 PM

...or did he fuck this Marlon?

It matters!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 7, 2018 10:09 PM

Richard Pryor talked about having sex w/ a dude at his roast but he’s Richard Pryor so most ppl thought he was joking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 7, 2018 10:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 7, 2018 10:12 PM

Anyone got a pic of Wilbur Harp? I couldn't find one on google. Who is/was Harp?

by Anonymousreply 8February 7, 2018 10:16 PM

So do we think he shagged Gene Wilder? They did a lot of movies together.

by Anonymousreply 9February 7, 2018 10:16 PM

R3 Black culture is white culture (religions, language, culture, customs). Now, thank god for Trump and family values. We are talking our country back from fags, feminists and morally corrupt liberals.

by Anonymousreply 10February 7, 2018 10:19 PM

F&f for the deplorable at r10

by Anonymousreply 11February 7, 2018 10:22 PM

I know it's off-topic. But since we're talking about Richard Pryor and Paul Mooney......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 7, 2018 10:23 PM

R12, that’s fucking hilarious! I though similar when I heard her say she was the most decorated.

by Anonymousreply 13February 7, 2018 10:45 PM

Richard Pryor, “One evening I was at the “Candy Store,” club in Hollywood. I spotted her standing beside the dance floor. She told me her name was Mitrasha and she was beautiful and exotic as her name, a dead ringer for a young Josephine Baker.”“After a night of drinking, flirting, kissing and dancing, I took Mitrasha home, where we did cocaine and got down to business.” “The next time we were together, Mitrasha forgot to do the tuck and fold. When I reached down, I discovered that she was actually a “he”.

“For some reason, I didn’t care. Either I wanted the nut too badly, I was too high to object, or I was as sexually confused as Mitrasha. It was probably a combination of all three reasons.”“Mitrasha and I carried on for several weeks. We even went out dancing at the “Daisy.” I never kept him a secret” “My best friend, for instance, knew I was fucking a dude, and a drop-dead gorgeous one at that. I even admitted doing something different was exciting. But after two weeks of being gay, enough was enough and I went back to life as a horny heterosexual.”

“A while later, my best friend delivered a message from Mitrasha. He’d realized a lifelong dream and undergone a sex-change operation. Now biologically a woman, she wanted to get back together.”

“I passed.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 7, 2018 10:52 PM

OP, because Pryor told that story at the infamous Hollywood Bowl gay rights fundraiser, right before he turned on the audience because of the racism he saw there in person. No one knew for sure if he was telling the truth or just fucking with them.

Pryor was so fucked up, and so brutally honest about being fucked up, and then honest about the lies he had told himself and everyone around him when he was his most fucked up, and so biting in his social commentary and so hilarious about all of it that it was hard to tell when he was telling a truth about himself or telling a story to illustrate a point (or some combination of those). He had no problem using his humor to confront audiences about their fears and prejudices. And his own.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 7, 2018 11:09 PM

[quote]So do we think he shagged Gene Wilder? They did a lot of movies together.

What about Cleavon Little, who co-starred in Blazing Saddles, which was co-written by Pryor?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 7, 2018 11:16 PM

" With that confession, Pryor became perhaps the first major Hollywood celebrity to talk graphically about his own positive experience of gay sex – and certainly the first to do so in front of tens of thousands of people."

"Confession?" You mean you're taking what he said seriously? He said it onstage as part of his act. No doubt he thought homosexuality might be good for some laughs. He was JOKING, dummy.

by Anonymousreply 17February 7, 2018 11:20 PM

R14 He "passed" because he was probably into the dick. Eddie Murphy has no balls to say this about himself.

by Anonymousreply 18February 7, 2018 11:21 PM

Why would you doubt his stories Now?! His wife confirmed he banged dudes

by Anonymousreply 19February 7, 2018 11:46 PM

OP=Wilbur Harp

by Anonymousreply 20February 7, 2018 11:46 PM

Wilbur was a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 21February 7, 2018 11:49 PM

Wow, he said sucking dick was addictive! Sounds like a top. Starts at 14:50

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 8, 2018 12:09 AM

But An oral top

by Anonymousreply 23February 8, 2018 12:10 AM

"Jennifer tells TMZ ... Richard would have no shame about Quincy's comments. She says the comedic legend was always very open about his bisexuality with friends, and documented it extensively in diaries. Jennifer says she'll publish them later this year."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 8, 2018 12:33 AM

He was 12 years old in 1952.

by Anonymousreply 25February 8, 2018 12:36 AM

Quincy Jones: [Marlon] Brando used to go cha-cha dancing with us. He could dance his ass off. He was the most charming motherfucker you ever met. He’d fuck anything. Anything! He’d fuck a mailbox. James Baldwin. Richard Pryor. Marvin Gaye.

He slept with them? How do you know that?

Quicy Jones :[Frowns.] Come on, man. He did not give a fuck!

by Anonymousreply 26February 8, 2018 12:46 AM

[quote]He was 12 years old in 1952.

Your point being ... ?

by Anonymousreply 27February 8, 2018 1:05 AM

R10 rims Mitch McConnell in the Senate cloakroom on a semiweekly basis.

by Anonymousreply 28February 8, 2018 1:10 AM

Pryor grew up in a whorehouse owned by his grandmother. His mother was one of the whores.

by Anonymousreply 29February 8, 2018 1:12 AM

"Why would you doubt his stories Now?! His wife confirmed he banged dudes."

Which wife? I think he had six. And if it was Jennifer Lee who said that I wouldn't believe that whore for a minute.

by Anonymousreply 30February 8, 2018 1:23 AM

I believe her

by Anonymousreply 31February 8, 2018 1:29 AM

marlon brando is truly the king of bisexuals!

by Anonymousreply 32February 8, 2018 1:32 AM

????? RT @RealMarlinsFan: EXCLUSIVE: James Dean and Marlon Brando had a secret sadomasochistic relationship fueled by the Godfather star's ego and insatiable desire for control

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 8, 2018 1:34 AM

So this means Superman's dad had sex with Superman's enemy-turned-ally.

by Anonymousreply 34February 8, 2018 1:36 AM

Richard Pryor's wife is releasing diaries about him being very open about his bisexuality (but not so much in public) and he had sex with quite a few men including Marlon Brando. Quincy Jones was the first to hint about it a number of years ago. Look for the book later this year. It's all coming out in the open now.

by Anonymousreply 35February 8, 2018 1:37 AM

How many people can say they had sex with both Pam Greer AND Marlon Brando, thats impressive to say the least

by Anonymousreply 36February 8, 2018 1:40 AM

Quincy Jones said that Marlon Brando was so aroused that he would fuck a mailbox.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 8, 2018 1:41 AM

"Richard Pryor's wife is releasing diaries about him being very open about his bisexuality (but not so much in public) and he had sex with quite a few men including Marlon Brando. Quincy Jones was the first to hint about it a number of years ago. Look for the book later this year. It's all coming out in the open now."

WHICH fucking wife? And again, if it's Jennifer Lee it's total bullshit. The woman is a horror story, a total skank. Richard Pryor used to beat the dogshit out of her and after reading her memoir it's easy to understand why. After he became totally disabled by MS she glommed onto him again and took over his life to the extent that his own children had to make appointments to see him. She's pure trash.

by Anonymousreply 38February 8, 2018 1:43 AM

It's amazing that someone here is trying to closet Richard Pryor, when he himself has talk about being bisexual. It's really bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 39February 8, 2018 1:46 AM

R38 is a loon. FF it

by Anonymousreply 40February 8, 2018 1:46 AM

What does Rain think?

by Anonymousreply 41February 8, 2018 2:27 AM

R40 is a retard. Got a big pile of shit for brains, that one.

by Anonymousreply 42February 8, 2018 2:29 AM

After the Marlon Brando stories life is pretty much what we do waiting for the next Quincy Jones interview.

by Anonymousreply 43February 8, 2018 2:32 AM

What would Rain Pryor say? Well, here some things she had to say about Jennifer Lee in her memoir:

In early 1994 when Daddy was already finding beginning to find it difficult to walk, Jennifer Lee came back into the picture. Initially this seemed like a good thing. I figured she still loved him, and that she returned in an hour of need to do what she could to help. But by 2001 I started having my doubts about Jennifer.

When I was alone with my father I expressed my misgivings about her, but he assured me that Jennifer was only there in the capacity of an employee to help me manage his various business enterprises and to juggle his increasingly frequent appointments, and there was no emotional component to their relationship. "That woman and I are ancient history", he told me. "She's just here to help."

So you can imagine my confusion when I was told by Jennifer that they had married in June of that year. I was crushed. Obviously Jennifer had a real hold on my father, and it worried me.

As Daddy got worse she began to take total control and before long their roles were completely reversed. Now she was the one with the power, not Daddy, and it looked like that's the way it was going to be until the bitter end. Before long I was informed that I couldn't simply stop by the house at my leisure but that I had to schedule appointments in advance. Since I never made any secret of my feelings for Jennifer, I wondered if she was simply going out of her way to make things as difficult as possible for me.

I came home one afternoon to find a message from a friend on my answering machine: have you looked at your father's website lately?

I had not, so I logged onto Richardpryor.com. The site was managed by Jennifer, so perhaps it shouldn't have come as a surprise, but I was completely floored by the hateful, ugly things she had written about me and other members of the family. She said that she, Jennifer, was the only one who truly loved Richard, the only one who cared enough to take care of him, and the only one who tended to his interests and that the rest of us were simply out for ourselves.

"I am very sorry these girls didn't have a relationship with their father", she wrote in one posting, referring to us as "low-life bitches," then went on to describe the "Herculean tasks" she performed on Daddy's behalf.

by Anonymousreply 44February 8, 2018 2:49 AM

Contrary to popular belief, a lot of black men are bisexual

by Anonymousreply 45February 8, 2018 3:52 AM

R38 is a LSA refugee. Notice: she hates the white wife. I don't hear her talking shit about Deborra or any of his black wives.

by Anonymousreply 46February 8, 2018 6:37 AM

[quote] So this means Superman's dad had sex with Superman's enemy-turned-ally.

Meanwhile, I actually kissed Superman.

by Anonymousreply 47February 8, 2018 6:42 AM

[quote]WHICH fucking wife? And again, if it's Jennifer Lee it's total bullshit. The woman is a horror story, a total skank. Richard Pryor used to beat the dogshit out of her and after reading her memoir it's easy to understand why.

Really R38? You think there are circumstances when it's okay for men to beat their wives?

by Anonymousreply 48February 8, 2018 7:32 AM

I see nothing wrong with a caregiver asking for advanced notice when the cared one gets a visit from a relative, yes even an offspring. As any other of you who have gone through this ordeal can attest, sick people need to be readied for visits, lest wandering relatives want to walk into daddy literally full of shit, drool or vomit.

by Anonymousreply 49February 8, 2018 8:21 AM

I do believe everybody was playing king for themselves, children included.

Rain Pryor's memoirs have a not so honest, self promoting ring to them:

by Anonymousreply 50February 8, 2018 8:22 AM

Playing king>> pulling

by Anonymousreply 51February 8, 2018 8:23 AM

Richard Pryor enjoyed all life had to offer without moderation.

by Anonymousreply 52February 8, 2018 8:59 AM

Woww

by Anonymousreply 53February 8, 2018 9:03 AM

Probably because he admitted this in 70s OP. Also, he wasn't necessarily "Open." There was no TMZ, he was never considered a sex symbol, he was married a hundred times, had plenty of offspring, and AND he was Black.

Do the math...

by Anonymousreply 54February 8, 2018 9:53 AM

I can’t wait to tell my asshole dad all this.

He grew up loving Pryor’ s comedy and Brando’s movies, and he’s a big old leery homophobe (ironic as he also loves disco).

by Anonymousreply 55February 8, 2018 10:47 AM

Why is everyone debating whether or not this is true? We will never really know. But we do know:

-Brando spoke openly about sex with men, according to many sources

-Pryor spoke (“joked” or joked) to audiences about sex with men, on the record

...so it certainly is not impossible.

What’s interesting in our current dumpy Trumpy world is that Jones named three men who Brando—if there’s a royal lineage of white male sex symbols, he will always have a seat on that throne—was intimate with Richard Pryor, James Baldwin and Marvin Gaye. That’s pretty remarkable if it’s true. Baldwin was a superior intellect and a major covil rights activist. Brando famously boycotted the Oscars to draw attention to the mistreatment of Native American—so he was equality and justice minded, and even in his young, hot days, he seems to have been into substance instead of just being a narcissist in it for the fame. In his day, any kind of homosexual behavior could take down a career forever, and yet he was unabashed about his (as was Pryor, reputedly). In his day, interracial relationships were more taboo than they are now. Yet he was compelled to actively use his fame to raise awareness. It makes sense to me that this guy would have hung out with progressive, courageous intellectuals and artists and also get off with them.

I have a hard time not buying the story. If Jones had simply left out the part about JFK, which always puts people in a conspiracy theory mindset, it’d be challenging to deny any of the claims he makes.

by Anonymousreply 56February 8, 2018 11:12 AM

Baldwin, were he still alive, would have told us all the truth about this.

by Anonymousreply 57February 8, 2018 11:30 AM

Re James Baldwin biopic ‘I Am Not Your Negro’ being ‘heterowashed’:

“Referenced almost in passing in the film by way of an FBI memo. According to Gordon, during that time, the tactic of questioning one’s queerness was used to discredit individuals the government considered to be radicals. It was not only done to Baldwin but also others, like Langston Hughes.”

by Anonymousreply 58February 8, 2018 11:38 AM

Oops, I meant to post this with R58

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59February 8, 2018 11:38 AM

Are they saying James Baldwin and Langston Hughes were NOT gay?

by Anonymousreply 60February 8, 2018 11:43 AM

R60 No, read the article. They are saying that Baldwin was “queer,” with a sexual identity that was never defined, and that pushed him to such an outsider status in addition to being black that the reverb is what catalyzed his outspoken activism and his introspection. They’re saying he was gay/bi/something that involved dick, and he was persecuted for it. And that the movie totally glossed over that part of his life, which is a critical mistake because he wasn’t such an outstanding intellectual only because of his experience as a black man, but also as a queer man. The article argues that the two should not have been separated because both were necessary to the creation of James Baldwin the activist.

by Anonymousreply 61February 8, 2018 11:48 AM

Ok, R61. I agree. They didn't mention his sexuality in the film? That seems like a big omission.

by Anonymousreply 62February 8, 2018 11:50 AM

R62 They only mentioned his sexuality in passing, that certain entities used it against him to try to discredit him in the public eye. Otherwise, no mention.

by Anonymousreply 63February 8, 2018 12:03 PM

Shut up r1. Richard Pryor was far ahead of his time as this perfectly written article demonstrates. Check out all the white celebrities (Lily Tomlin, Bette Midler, Paul Newman) present at the time of the infamous Hollywood Bowl performance. None of them were woke enough to get even get what he did, let alone support him. Even today, there is no mainstream white celebrity who would do what he did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64February 8, 2018 12:04 PM

So Marlon Brando fucked three important black icons: James Baldwin, Richard Pryor and Marvin Gaye. A lot of straight homophobic black men are mad at Quincy for spilling this tea.

I must admit the Marvin Gaye bit shocked me. I'm a fan and think him the sexiest, coolest man in music history. I own everything he ever recorded. Yet I had no inkling he was at least bi. I will forever be forever grateful to Quincy for revealing this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65February 8, 2018 12:15 PM

R65 Just hypothetically, I wonder if it’s possible he was less bi—less generally attracted to men—than specifically attracted to Marlon Brando? Brando in his youth was beautiful to an extent either sex must acknowledge it; he had a rare sexual magnetism, and he seems to have been uniquely open minded/free of social constraints, and authentically interested in human equality. All that might have added up to something more than a hot dick. Occasionally people, including many men, are turned on by energy and intellectual and ideological compatibility.

by Anonymousreply 66February 8, 2018 12:25 PM

What are you on about, r66? Was Brando a man? Yes. Did Gaye hook up with him? Yes! Does that make him gay/bi? I think so. He could very easily have told Brando to fuck off, if he wasn't interested. Jones makes it seem that it was Brando who was pursuing and seducing these black men which isn't out of character as, even in his straight relationships, he seemed attracted to exotic, non-white partners. He married and spawned with a Tahitian woman.

by Anonymousreply 67February 8, 2018 12:35 PM

Is Quincy bi?

by Anonymousreply 68February 8, 2018 12:36 PM

"Notice: she hates the white wife."

Jennifer Lee wasn't he only white wife. The mother of his daughter Rain was a white, Jewish go-go dancer named Shelley Bonis.

by Anonymousreply 69February 8, 2018 3:16 PM

"So Marlon Brando fucked three important black icons: James Baldwin, Richard Pryor and Marvin Gaye."

If you believe the gossip, which I don't. Notice that all the principles in this are conveniently dead. They're not here to confirm or deny any of this, so anybody can say anything about them. I think it's all sensationalistic bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 70February 8, 2018 3:22 PM

R65 also interesting to note that it's reported that there was tension between Marvin Gaye and his father because of the question surrounding his father's sexuality

by Anonymousreply 71February 8, 2018 5:12 PM

Marvin's birth name was GAY, not GAYE. What does that tell us?

by Anonymousreply 72February 8, 2018 5:14 PM

Source r71?

by Anonymousreply 73February 8, 2018 9:51 PM

This explains a lot.

by Anonymousreply 74February 8, 2018 10:09 PM

R4 That's not Marlon.

by Anonymousreply 75February 8, 2018 11:03 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76February 9, 2018 12:36 AM

Marvin's family was fucked up. "Marvin Sr's excessive jealousy of their close mother-son relationship; and Marvin Sr's life-long hidden penchant for cross-dressing. To reconcile this behavior with being a Christian and ordained minister, Marvin Sr. allegedly had incest with his own mother who disciplined him by stripping him naked, turning a water hose on and beating him to the point of bleeding before forcing him to her bed. Throughout it all the Bible and church were his constant companions. Marvin's mother, Alberta constantly rebuked and prayed against these generational curses. It is probable that Marvin Sr. feared his son had inherited some of his own propensities."

by Anonymousreply 77February 9, 2018 12:43 AM

Tragic

by Anonymousreply 78February 9, 2018 12:45 AM

[quote]If you believe the gossip, which I don't. Notice that all the principles in this are conveniently dead. They're not here to confirm or deny any of this, so anybody can say anything about them. I think it's all sensationalistic bullshit.

Hi racist black lesbian troll. Unfortunately for you the gossip is from Quincy, someone who knew them all first hand, not some anonymous blog post. And if they were still alive, they would have likely denied it for the sake of their career and standing in the black community. But their denials still wouldn't make it any less true.

Now Pryor's wife has confirmed it and says she'll publish his diaries, which is good because people like you would have continued to deny, deny, deny, even though articles and video have been linked of Pryor talking about sucking dick and fucking guys.

by Anonymousreply 79February 9, 2018 1:40 AM

"Hi racist black lesbian troll. Unfortunately for you the gossip is from Quincy, someone who knew them all first hand, not some anonymous blog post. And if they were still alive, they would have likely denied it for the sake of their career and standing in the black community. But their denials still wouldn't make it any less true.

Now Pryor's wife has confirmed it and says she'll publish his diaries, which is good because people like you would have continued to deny, deny, deny, even though articles and video have been linked of Pryor talking about sucking dick and fucking guys."

Hi, fucking stupid idiot dumbass who will believe anything. Quincy Jones is obviously a nutcase. He's saying outrageous things either due to dementia or a desire to shock. The crazy fuckhead said the Beatles were "terrible musicians", for fuck's sake! You're willing to believe HIM but if Pryor, Baldwin and Gaye were still around and denying the shit he says about them you would discount THEIR denials. Boy, are YOU fucked in the head.

As for Jennifer Pryor....in her incredibly sordid memoir "Tarnished Angel" she has no qualms about recounting her sex life (she would fuck anything, male or female) but also goes into detail about what Richard Pryor did. And NO WHERE DOES SHE EVER MENTION HIM HAVING SEX WITH ANY MAN. If it had happened she sure as hell would have put it in her nasty memoir which is chock full of the unsavory details of her life with Richard Pryor. And NOW she comes out with the revelation that he was into sex with men? Honey, if you believe Jennifer Lee than you're astonishingly stupid.

If you have the "articles and video" where he talks about "sucking dick and fucking guys" then post them here. Performance videos don't count, because his performances were he said a lot in his stand up routines that was not meant to be taken seriously. Come on, let's see your PROOF that Richard Pryor was bi, proof that doesn't involve that bat shit crazy Quincy Jones or the skank from hell Jennifer Lee.

by Anonymousreply 80February 9, 2018 2:23 AM

The story about him and the tranny was from his autobiography. He wrote, in is autobiography, that he had sex with a man.

You seem dense, so in case you aren't clear, these are his own words: "I never kept him a secret” “My best friend, for instance, knew I was fucking a dud.," WTF more do you want and why are you so invested in not wanting to believe he was bi?

by Anonymousreply 81February 9, 2018 2:38 AM

So r80, how about believing Richard Pryor then? He talked about it in his autobiography and in his act. Or does that ruin your fantasy of strong black men having nothing to do with whitey?

by Anonymousreply 82February 9, 2018 3:12 AM

Richard Pryor was a hard core drug addict. Drug addicts, when high, will fuck anything, male or female. He may have had a sexual encounter or two with a guy when fucked up. But Richard Pryor was VERY into women, as his track record plainly shows. He got married over and over and was constantly paying for the services of female hookers. I don't think he classifies as bi, and definitely not as gay.

by Anonymousreply 83February 9, 2018 3:19 AM

"How about believing Richard Pryor then? He talked about it in his autobiography and in his act. Or does that ruin your fantasy of strong black men having nothing to do with whitey?"

His act was just that: an act. And actually, Richard Pryor was not very honest about himself. He at first said that he burned up due to spilling rum on himself and accidentally setting it alight; in reality he set himself on fire while freebasing. And what the hell are you talking about with "strong black men having nothing to do with whitey?" You sound drunk or deranged.

by Anonymousreply 84February 9, 2018 3:23 AM

Every single one of you posters here can go fuck a mailbox!

by Anonymousreply 85February 9, 2018 4:00 AM

Lord, people are hopeless. Good thing the widow is releasing the diaries. Or will those be in character as well?

by Anonymousreply 86February 9, 2018 7:18 AM

Richard, by the way, says he started fucking a guys (Wilbur) in 1952. Meaning he was pre-teen. Richard and 'Wilbur'(a hairdresser) wound up becoming roommates as young adults and when Richard moved to LA, he had Wilbur as a live in guest as late as 1976. Wilbur is believed to have been one of the early victims of the AIDS epidemic.

by Anonymousreply 87February 9, 2018 7:23 AM

DL has become so unfriendly to gossip. Not sure where to post this Twitter thread. A fun read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88February 9, 2018 7:24 AM

R83, you do realize he could love women and also like cock as well?

Why come to a gay gossip website if you can't handle the fact that a celebrity you like liked to fuck dudes?

by Anonymousreply 89February 9, 2018 12:35 PM

It's odd to me that I was at that Human Rights benefit and I don't even remember Richard. Of course, it was the 70s and I was high.

The 2 I do remember were Bette and Lily. Bette, because she fell and split her kneecaps, but kept performing with blood running down her legs.

Lily told a story about a grade school teacher that was so touching I almost remember it word for word. It was a clever way of saying I'm a lesbian, but very subtle.

Good for Richard showing up- he was never someone I followed but that benefit was quite an event. It's just too bad he let drugs ruin his life.

by Anonymousreply 90February 9, 2018 4:25 PM

THAnk you r81.

by Anonymousreply 91February 9, 2018 4:31 PM

R83, you’re so ignorant. Everyone should know many dudes love women and dudes at the same time

by Anonymousreply 92February 9, 2018 4:32 PM

"Good thing the widow is releasing the diaries."

The "widow" is a gold digging whore who is trying to make money off her dead husband's rotting corpse.

by Anonymousreply 93February 9, 2018 9:32 PM

That’s not unique

by Anonymousreply 94February 9, 2018 9:35 PM

"TRUST ME RICHARD, YOU'RE GONNA LOVE MY DAD"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95February 9, 2018 9:39 PM

r95 I don't get it. People seem to think that it "won" the internet so please explain it to me?

by Anonymousreply 96February 10, 2018 4:00 AM

Yeah it definitely set the internet ablaze this week

by Anonymousreply 97February 10, 2018 4:03 AM

is this true? from R88

Pam Grier didn’t know that her boyfriend at the time, Richard Pryor was putting cocaine in her vagina. She didn’t find it until her doctor told her she had a buildup of cocaine residue around the cervix and in the vagina. Pam could never have children due to this.

by Anonymousreply 98February 10, 2018 9:28 AM

R45 the same is said of white men as well. Even more so. The stories I could tell.

by Anonymousreply 99February 10, 2018 2:38 PM

Quincy Jones is a long time coon. On DL insinuations are automatically deemed to be fact. He never said anything about Marlon having sex with those men indirectly. He insinuated they had sex. Because if he knew for a fact. He would have bluntly said it with gusto and conviction. But he didn't. Just like so many people outside of this DL world have said. Quincy Jones is a messy ass coon who have never cared about black people. While loving white women. And throwing black icons under the bus to the white media. But he made his entire fortune off of black music and culture. fuck his self hating coon ass.

by Anonymousreply 100February 10, 2018 2:47 PM

R96, Marlon Brando played Superman's dad.

by Anonymousreply 101February 10, 2018 3:07 PM

Ohhhh

by Anonymousreply 102February 10, 2018 9:39 PM

SATC movie discussions

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103February 11, 2018 12:22 AM

Quincy Jones said in a bombshell interview that Pryor had a slept with Marlon Brando, an assertion that his wife Jennifer Lee Pryor later said was true. (Richards’ son Miko disputed the claim.) In a new documentary titled I Am Richard Pryor, Jennifer — who discusses their whirlwind romance in an exclusive PEOPLE clip — dives deeper into Richard’s life.

“It certainly wasn’t an affair, it was a dalliance with Brando, as he had with other men,” Jennifer, 79, clarifies to PEOPLE. “Richard wasn’t gay, he just had dalliances. He preferred women over any other kind of experience, but he wasn’t loathe to have those experiences.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104March 15, 2019 6:17 PM

Pryor was a genius at comedy. Raunchy, shocking, and ahead of his time. Cosby hated his guts.

It's too bad he didn't live to see Pill Cosby get exposed

by Anonymousreply 105March 15, 2019 6:22 PM

I think he meant when he was horny Brando would fuck a malebox.

by Anonymousreply 106March 15, 2019 6:40 PM

Pansexual

by Anonymousreply 107March 15, 2019 6:41 PM

Richard Pryor sucked dick for crack

by Anonymousreply 108March 15, 2019 6:43 PM

Oh is that the only reason why R108? He wasn’t one of...them?

by Anonymousreply 109March 15, 2019 7:16 PM

I read a Marlon Brando biography that was very well researched and said that Brando molested his daughter that committed suicide.

by Anonymousreply 110March 15, 2019 7:41 PM

Richard Pryor was a fucking genius.

by Anonymousreply 111March 15, 2019 9:02 PM

Brando was a flipper!

by Anonymousreply 112March 15, 2019 9:47 PM

Richard and Lily together in her first TV special as Juke and Opal. It's brilliant for today but imagine what people must have thought in 1973 watching this in their living room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113March 16, 2019 12:21 AM

R113 Lily Tomlin told a story about the above clip... they were specifically told by the network to play this platonically and under no circumstances were they as an interracial on screen couple, to kiss. They agreed and did rehearsals platonically to appease the network and when this was airing live they kissed. The network execs lost their shit.

Tomlin recalls that when they were filming this sketch, CBS producers ran into the control room and shouted, "STOP THIS FILMING IMMEDIATELY!". Eventually, the sketch aired which led to Tomlin's show receiving two EMMY's for 'Best Special' and 'Best Writing in a Special'. This segment was written by Tomlin's longtime partner, Jane Wagner.

Genius

by Anonymousreply 114March 16, 2019 12:28 AM

Don’t do drugs

by Anonymousreply 115March 16, 2019 1:24 PM

I still say Superman III was his best work

by Anonymousreply 116March 16, 2019 3:35 PM

He was interesting

by Anonymousreply 117March 17, 2019 4:27 PM

What did Brando look like at that time!

by Anonymousreply 118March 18, 2019 5:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!