Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nancy Pelosi is over FIVE HOURS into her speech on DACA

She has thus far refused to yield to Republicans angry that she's taking down their racist claims about immigration.

NBC live feed here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138February 10, 2018 3:38 AM

Washington (CNN) House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi has spoken over six hours to oppose the spending deal to lift spending caps and avert a government shutdown -- because the plan does not address immigration issues.

The House Historian's office told CNN that Pelosi's speech is the longest on record on the House floor, according to their records. Pelosi started speaking shortly after 10 a.m. ET, and was still speaking as of 4:40 p.m. ET.

A source close to the California Democrat told CNN she thought of the idea overnight to speak for hours on the House floor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 7, 2018 9:12 PM

[quote][bold] @NancyPelosi[/bold] 6h6 hours ago

[quote]We‘re demanding @SpeakerRyan commit to bring up bipartisan legislation to #ProtectDREAMers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 7, 2018 9:15 PM

This sums up modern democrats to a T. Shut down the government for a bunch of illegal aliens whose parents broke the law, and cause the suppression of wages for blacks and other minorities. Pelosi is the gift that keeps on giving.

by Anonymousreply 3February 7, 2018 9:25 PM

Somehow I knew that the only people who would even respond to this thread would be the alt-right scumbags who have taken over DL.

by Anonymousreply 4February 7, 2018 9:28 PM

Grandstanding to distract how dems again caved on the illegals.

Congressional leaders reach budget deal

Congressional leaders clinched a two-year deal to lift strict budget caps on defense and domestic spending, putting an end to a series of short-term spending bills and shutdown fights that have defined Washington the past few months.

The deal is expected to increase defense and domestic spending by roughly $300 billion over two years, according to administration and congressional sources, as well as lift the debt ceiling through the election and include tens of billions in disaster aid.

"This bill is the product of extensive negotiations among congressional leaders and the White House. No one thinks this bill is perfect. But we worked hard to find common ground and stay focused on serving the American people," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said in announcing the agreement.

"The budget deal doesn’t have everything Democrats want. It doesn’t have everything the Republicans want. But it has a great deal of what the American people want," said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.). "After months of legislative logjams, this budget deal is a genuine breakthrough."Support from GOP defense hawks, especially in the House, will be critical to passing the bill. Senate Armed Services Chairman John McCain (R-Ariz.) — at home in Arizona while being treated for brain cancer — and House Armed Services Chairman Mac Thornberry (R-Texas) came out strongly in support of the package.Republicans said privately they were not going to overreact to Pelosi's comments, even as she held the House floor for hours demanding action for Dreamers. Pelosi and her aides have been part of the budget caps negotiations from the start, and no deal will occur unless all four party leaders on the Hill support any agreement and work to pass it.

On Tuesday, Schumer said that he and Pelosi are aligned strategically on moving forward, potentially defusing another government shutdown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 7, 2018 9:29 PM

Filibustering to demand laws to protect DACA is "caving"? Gosh, you're smart, R5.

by Anonymousreply 6February 7, 2018 9:30 PM

And in those five hours, she managed to get out one coherent sentence.

by Anonymousreply 7February 7, 2018 9:38 PM

I'm a liberal Democrat but I've never been her biggest fan. But this woman deserves respect. I would love to see fucking Trump or fucking McConnell do this. I'm 59 and I for sure, couldn't do it. She's a fucking hero! I have a newborn respect for her. I hope that minorities are watching this and will go out and vote. It's really remarkable for a 77 year old person to be doing this.

by Anonymousreply 8February 7, 2018 9:50 PM

Geez, she's sweating and obviously suffering. Her finest hour.

by Anonymousreply 9February 7, 2018 9:53 PM

I'm not a huge fan, either, but I'm tired of people online claiming to be Democrats who do nothing but whine about Pelosi when she does the right thing for once.

The country is not in a good place. She epically screwed up with the impeachment situation with W. But this is the biggest fuck you the Dems have done thus far and I'm glad she's doing it.

by Anonymousreply 10February 7, 2018 9:55 PM

She has passed 7 hours. She's 77. Fuck!

by Anonymousreply 11February 7, 2018 9:58 PM

I hope this kills her.

by Anonymousreply 12February 7, 2018 10:05 PM

R6 Why should one protect criminals? Illegal aliens are criminals you know. In any other country they'd be jailed, deported or shot.

by Anonymousreply 13February 7, 2018 10:07 PM

She's good at what she does. I never understood the hate for her.

With that said, Priebus said on one of the Sunday shows this past week that the republicans were happy to box the democrats in on DACA. I think it's a mistake to attach it to the budget. It's a no win scenario for the democrats because there's not enough of them yet. They are only going to look like obstructionists by tying it to the budget. If they left it as a stand alone or tied to immigration reform the democrats may actually pass it and if it didn't then the democrats would still win the PR battle by making the republicans look like,the heartless racists they are.

by Anonymousreply 14February 7, 2018 10:09 PM

love her

by Anonymousreply 15February 7, 2018 10:14 PM

Someday they’ll make a movie about this.

by Anonymousreply 16February 7, 2018 10:14 PM

A comedy.

by Anonymousreply 17February 7, 2018 10:15 PM

How many times did she refer to Trump as Bush (you know, like she usually does)?

by Anonymousreply 18February 7, 2018 10:15 PM

How did she get so rich spending a lifetime in congress? They don't pay a whole lot.

by Anonymousreply 19February 7, 2018 10:16 PM

The hate for Nancy is part of the propaganda that’s being pushed by the right and their Russian friends.

Unfortunately some Democrats are buying into this. People should look at Pelosi’s history and accomplishments before running their stupid mouths about her “being too old”.

by Anonymousreply 20February 7, 2018 10:18 PM

R3 right, thankfully black people and other american minorities are waking up to the fact the democrats don't give up a fuck about no one but illegals.

by Anonymousreply 21February 7, 2018 10:20 PM

R20 Yeah it couldn't possibly be because of her own words and actions could it? Kind of like Hillary. Anyone who doesn't worship old Hills is obviously Russian or a Klan member.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 7, 2018 10:21 PM

5 hours!

by Anonymousreply 23February 7, 2018 10:22 PM

Amateur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 7, 2018 10:26 PM

FUCK THEM UP NANCY!

by Anonymousreply 25February 7, 2018 10:27 PM

Paul Ryan meanwhile strangles a penguin to death and then fries it up and swallows it snake like feather and all. Your move Trumpy?!

by Anonymousreply 26February 7, 2018 10:28 PM

Reagan signed an EO giving dreamers deferred deportation and a path to citizenship. Bush sr signed an EO giving dreamers deferred deportation. The Rs in power now are right wing racists.

by Anonymousreply 27February 7, 2018 10:32 PM

Marble ceiling?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 7, 2018 10:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 7, 2018 10:35 PM

Latinos have to register and vote if they want to protect themselves. Until they do that, they can't expect us to save them. If they didn't vote in 2016 with the threat of a Trump presidency, then I don't know what to say.

by Anonymousreply 30February 7, 2018 10:53 PM

I’m surprised that stupid Cunt can stand upright that long.

by Anonymousreply 31February 7, 2018 11:01 PM

"The House Historian has now confirmed @NancyPelosi has broken the record for the longest continuous speech on the floor of the U.S. House since at least 1909."

Considering all the fucked up shit that has happened in this country over the last 109 years, this is the issue that has gotten the most talk?

by Anonymousreply 32February 7, 2018 11:06 PM

R27 and what did all that amnesty over the years do? Some of us were alive through all those amnesties, and have not seen the illegal situation improve.

We need to change our foreign policy towards Latin America - stop fucking them over - removing the incentive to come here.

by Anonymousreply 33February 7, 2018 11:08 PM

"Considering all the fucked up shit that has happened in this country over the last 109 years, this is the issue that has gotten the most talk?"

Yep. Veterans and children homeless on the streets. But let's fight tooth and nail for illegals who break our laws, rape/murder our citizens, and burn our flag. And who probably won't vote Democrat after 1 or 2 generations anyways, if at all.

by Anonymousreply 34February 7, 2018 11:18 PM

When are we going to talk about the people who use illegal immigrants? They’ll keep coming here if they keep getting work.

by Anonymousreply 35February 7, 2018 11:18 PM

you're a fucking idiot r33. it'd be simple to stop immigration. Steep fines for anyone who hires them. However, making groups of people scapegoats has worked for thousands of years, so as long as Republicans and other racists can count on the stupid people and/or racists like yourself, they will keep attacking the people with least amount of power.

by Anonymousreply 36February 7, 2018 11:22 PM

[quote]Somehow I knew that the only people who would even respond to this thread would be the alt-right scumbags who have taken over DL.

^Such a poor fragile little snowflake.

by Anonymousreply 37February 7, 2018 11:24 PM

Idiot, R33, illegal immigration has been declining since 2000, look it up.

That is, if you can let go of your racist preconceptions.

by Anonymousreply 38February 7, 2018 11:24 PM

Nobody is saying to stop immigration altogether R36, just illegal immigration. I think that the responsible thing to do is to temporarily close down our borders until the illegals situation is brought under control. We can't just let everyone stay, most need to go back and go through the proper legal process to come here. The Dreamers, I'm fine with them staying as long as they are productive members of society and have no criminal record/gang affiliation, and as long as there is no chain migration or it is very limited. I think that is the fairest solution. Any illegal with criminal record or gang affiliation gets deported immediately and forever, no second chances, period.

by Anonymousreply 39February 7, 2018 11:28 PM

I'm not alt right r4 and I agree that this is some bullshit. I do not support the Democrats going this far for illegal immigration. But they want that voter base (but they can't vote) no but the legal ones can.

I'm sick of the parties pandering to whoever they can get a vote from and ignoring the policies that we need to help Americans that have lost jobs, health care, decent education. . . I could give a shit about DACA. There is plenty that needs fixing in this government before we worry about that issue. We are talking about an uneducated population who relies on blue collar jobs that are being made obsolete every day by technology. This is not good for us and only adds to the problems we are currently ignoring.

by Anonymousreply 40February 7, 2018 11:28 PM

Daca beneficiaries are not just Hispanics they are blacks and asians racist assholes.

by Anonymousreply 41February 7, 2018 11:30 PM

R39, Obama deported more illegal aliens than Bush. I'm not even sure Trump can come close to Obama's number.

by Anonymousreply 42February 7, 2018 11:30 PM

Stop with the word "racist," because you are cheapening it, R36 and R38. I am mixed-race, the product of generations of institutionalized racism, so take your fucking R card elsewhere.

Beyond that the waves of amnesty hurts the last round given amnesty, we are facing automation taking 50% of our jobs by 2033, according to an Oxford Univ. study updated in 2013) - what are we going to do with all that low-skilled labor?

And why do illegals get to jump the line?

I am with R41 - there are a billion things wrong now, for the Dems to so ostentatiously focus on illegal immigration will ensure that we have the fucking GOP forever.

by Anonymousreply 43February 7, 2018 11:31 PM

Tell us about it then 41 obviously no one has seen the importance in educating the American public about how DACA is good for all minorities. Maybe the press does not want many people to know because then it just seems like an issue that only benefits one group to the exclusion of other Americans. Maybe someone feels it is beneficial to get those of us in the more diverse party to fight among ourselves to keep us from becoming a force for productive change.

Open your mouth, tell us where we are wrong.

by Anonymousreply 44February 7, 2018 11:34 PM

Did she mention that undocumented border crossings from Mexico are at historic lows? Or that more Mexicans have left the US than entered every year since 2010?

by Anonymousreply 45February 7, 2018 11:34 PM

[quote]for the Dems to so ostentatiously focus on illegal immigration will ensure that we have the fucking GOP forever.

Actually, you need to look at this country's demographics. The number of Hispanics is rising significantly and more areas are becoming minority-majority. The Democrats have a much better sense of where this country is going electorally.

Meanwhile, the Dreamers that she's talking about - the ones who've been here since they were children, remember - are "illegal" only by a quirk of fate. They have already contributed just as much to this country - in taxes and otherwise - than native-borns. But since they're "brown" they'll never be good enough for some white people.

by Anonymousreply 46February 7, 2018 11:39 PM

Crazy Aunt Nancy hasnt spent 8 hours in her whole career, helping actual American citizens.

But has all fucking day to squawk on about illegal fucking aliens.

Maybe the filibuster will kill her.

What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 47February 7, 2018 11:42 PM

[quote]Shut down the government for a bunch of illegal aliens whose parents broke the law, and cause the suppression of wages for blacks and other minorities.

[quote]Thankfully black people and other american minorities are waking up to the fact the democrats don't give up a fuck about no one but illegals.

Like [bold]you[/bold] give a fuck about “black people and other american minorities”. Eyeroll.

[quote]I hope that decent people of all backgrounds are watching this and will go out and vote.

FIFY.

by Anonymousreply 48February 7, 2018 11:46 PM

[quote]If they didn't vote in 2016 with the threat of a Trump presidency, then I don't know what to say.

You filthy dog R30. Latinos are the reason the Southwest and West Coast are blue, and just as the Virginia election showed they are the reason Democrats won so many sits in the elections. In fact, it was Latinas and not black women (like Joy Raid likes to ignore) that handed over the win to the Dems.

And that trend will keep growing because Latinos, the youngest ethnic population in the [bold]whole[/bold] United States, will start coming of voting age with each passing year. In 2022 and 2024 the electorate demographics will be so different throughout the country, gerrymandering won't be enough to stop Latino votes in particular.

by Anonymousreply 49February 7, 2018 11:53 PM

r46 is that White Hispanics or non White. If you look at the numbers for both there is are slightly more Hispanics that are White than brown some of who may be Republicans. Believe it or not I have heard of some Hispanics voting for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 50February 7, 2018 11:53 PM

seats*

by Anonymousreply 51February 7, 2018 11:54 PM

I do think that children should not be punished for the actions of their parents, but still can't get over this is what broke the record. Is DACA really the most important issue? I am a Democrat, but it ticks me off. I think there are more important problems to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 52February 7, 2018 11:56 PM

There are a gang of young white male Dems with a token woman from LI and a token African American male that have been treashing Nancy all this last year. They speak of her as “baggage” whereas anyone with 2eyes in their head can see the scheming for her position. These same assholes are now luckily joined by GOP, Breitbart and Russian trolls. These fucking Dems shall be known by the company they keep.

Nancy Pelosi is a treasure, she did a great job speaking up for DACA americans Looking at the troll idiots in here, they are completely unaware these young Americans have jobs, are in college and most of the men serve in the Armed forces. So that is how you know - they are racist, GOP or Russian trolls.

GO NANCY PELOSI- You are a True Patriot!!

by Anonymousreply 53February 7, 2018 11:57 PM

Chuck Todd was drilling his narrative that Pelosi is a bad politician. Fucking misogynist pig is doing the bidding for the Kremlin and Deplorables.

These assholes forget that Obamacare is more hers than it was Obama's

by Anonymousreply 54February 8, 2018 12:02 AM

Keep making California proud Nancy Pelosi. <3 Fuck the rest of the country !

by Anonymousreply 55February 8, 2018 12:03 AM

What has she done for the rest of us 53? She wouldn't push for impeachment. She didn't make a sound when Obama's supreme court nomination was obstructed by the GOP. So many times she could have lead like this yet...nothing.

Why this, why now? As if the rest of this fucking tax bill wasn't bad enough she draws her line in the sand for DACA? Not the rest of the fucked up tax bill?

by Anonymousreply 56February 8, 2018 12:04 AM

Would she do that for gay people, for poor people if Medicaid, Medicare, SS, SSI, SSDI or Food Stamps were in danger. I don't think so. Yes this should be one of the things Democrats care about but they, like usual are fucking up on not making the economy, including healthcare their main issue.

by Anonymousreply 57February 8, 2018 12:04 AM

R43 i was calling people like you racist asshole. You people like to make Hispanics the scapegoat when blacks and asians also benefit from the daca program. So much hate for hardworking young people who are just as American as most naturalized citizens.

by Anonymousreply 58February 8, 2018 12:07 AM

The GOP needs Nancy to survive. Their strategy to retain the House this year depends a lot on her and her bitter scowl.

by Anonymousreply 59February 8, 2018 12:08 AM

Those supporting this take a look at this thread. This is what Pelosi should be fired up about. We have to get the country back for the middle class and poor. I'm not worrying about DACA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60February 8, 2018 12:10 AM

[quote]Would she do that for gay people, for poor people if Medicaid, Medicare, SS, SSI, SSDI or Food Stamps were in danger.

Seeing as ACA/Obamacare was her pet project, I would guess so R57. But then again, you already knew that troll...

by Anonymousreply 61February 8, 2018 12:10 AM

R57, are you really asking what Pelosi would do for GAY rights and gay marriage? You lost your fucking mind.

by Anonymousreply 62February 8, 2018 12:11 AM

Nancy Pelosi is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 63February 8, 2018 12:13 AM

[quote]Latinos have to register and vote if they want to protect themselves

All the Hispanics I know are against illegals, but I associate with people who are law-abiding and believe in the just application of law and order.

by Anonymousreply 64February 8, 2018 12:15 AM

It's all true. If it wasn't for California Democrats, this country would have collapsed already.

Thank you Pelosi, Schiff, Swalwell, Waters, etc..

by Anonymousreply 65February 8, 2018 12:17 AM

Illegals are more important than Americans.

by Anonymousreply 66February 8, 2018 12:20 AM

RESPECT.

Luv ya, Nance.

by Anonymousreply 67February 8, 2018 12:30 AM

Again, I have no problem with Nancy Pelosi speaking up for DACA, but breaking the record? That does tell me she thinks that is more important than anything else going on.

by Anonymousreply 68February 8, 2018 12:32 AM

Nothing is more important than standing up to a racist President who wants to implement racist immigration policies.

by Anonymousreply 69February 8, 2018 12:34 AM

So standing up for DACA recipients is more important than anything else going on? Thanks for the confirmation. Yes, it is important, but I would not say it is the most important problem/issue we have.

by Anonymousreply 70February 8, 2018 12:38 AM

[quote] the electorate demographics will be so different throughout the country, gerrymandering won't be enough to stop Latino votes in particular.

That's we're counting on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71February 8, 2018 12:39 AM

But will they actually vote? They have the demo power NOW. Doesn't mean anything if they don't vote.

by Anonymousreply 72February 8, 2018 12:43 AM

R70, what is the most important issue right now? What is it that you’re passionate about? And how many hours per week do you volunteer for that cause?

by Anonymousreply 73February 8, 2018 12:45 AM

R71's map is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 74February 8, 2018 12:46 AM

With the exception of maybe Texas and Florida, the other states with a high Latino population are already in blue states. Maybe they can flip Texas, but Florida might be difficult. The Cuban population tends to vote republican.

by Anonymousreply 75February 8, 2018 12:47 AM

Why didn't Pelosi wear her "Make America Mexico Again" cap? Was it because of the dress code?

by Anonymousreply 76February 8, 2018 12:50 AM

What she did for Obamacare she did for Obama, not so much for the people. No, I don't think she or any of the Democrats will stand up for the poor if push came to shove. Hell, Obama himself in 8 fucking years never spoke the words "The Poor." He would sometimes say "Those trying to get into the middle class." Well fuck that. The very poor, who cannot work, the elderly, disabled, will never get into the middle class. He was giving them a big fuck you!

This is what Democrats have to turn around. They have to fight for everyone in the 99%, including those who can't and never will be able to work. What should they do, just die! The only Democrat I've heard who even came close to this is Kennedy. Surely, not Pelosi or Schumer or any Democrat. What is their message for 2018. We want to help immigrants? You think that's going to be a winning issue. We want gun control? We want legal abortions? Where is the economic issue. There are close to 60 million very poor people that Democrats have ignored since B. Clinton. Even Bernie only spoke mostly about the middle and working class. WTF about those too old, sick and disabled to work who at best live on about 700 dollars a month. Democrats used to speak for those people and they got them registered and those people voted. Not since the late 60s has any Democrat tried to engage them. 60 fucking million people. You think that many votes wouldn't help swing an election.

by Anonymousreply 77February 8, 2018 12:50 AM

Democrats have never worked this hard for citizens. Once these dreamers become citizens, democrats can take their votes and ignore their concerns just like they do with black people, working class whites, and all other citizens. These dreamers will find out that once you become a US citizen you mean less than nothing to democrats.

She never addresses once that they rejected a reasonable compromise on immigration. Where they offered to enshrine a better version of DACA in return for putting in the works to switch us to a not race and state of origin based immigration system and funding for boarder security. Oh, and they offered a continuing resolution that was 100% a concession to democrats (including a large extension of the child healthcare fund) and everything else just being an extension of the previous budget, just to let them talk about it more.

This is the Democrats' way of covering up the fact that they just caved on a budget deal without pushing the Dreamer issue. Instead of threatening another shutdown they just caved and sent Pelosi out there to talk and virtue signal hoping that would ward off the far left from freaking out yet again that millions if illegals aren't granted free voting rights.

by Anonymousreply 78February 8, 2018 12:51 AM

77 year old woman stands for 8 and a half hours AND talks wthout sniffing, and swallowing her dentures?

Fuck Yawl, I am impressed. I really could not stand for 20 minutes, and I am 20 years younger than her.

by Anonymousreply 79February 8, 2018 12:53 AM

[quote]But will they actually vote? They have the demo power NOW. Doesn't mean anything if they don't vote

Are you saying they don't already? They have been eclipsing the black vote throughout 2017. They are the reason Democrats have seats in congress in order to put up a fight, even though Dems are a minority.

by Anonymousreply 80February 8, 2018 12:53 AM

R73, off the top of my head, I say the fact a hostile foreign country stole our election, income inequality, the economy, healthcare, and the environment are huge problems. I always vote, have been to several marches, and donate to several causes. My spare time was tied up with family. Now that I have more, I have been investigating organizations to see where my volunteer efforts would be the most needed and appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 81February 8, 2018 12:57 AM

R69, I have a brilliant Kenyan friend with two Masters degrees, who was raised wealthy in London, so speaks English better than many natives, who has been waiting patiently in line to become a US citizen for 13 years or so, spending a fortune on immigration lawyers. He gets very angry on the topic of illegal immigration.

Ask him, or any other immigrant working through legal channels, whether their opposition to illegal immigration is based on their own racism.

by Anonymousreply 82February 8, 2018 12:59 AM

Latinos, unlike other minorities, have proven to flip states into blue territories. The West, the Southwest, Illinois, and Virginia are prime examples of what the Latino block is capable of doing. Arizona is likely to be their next conquest and that leaves only Texas for them.

Florida has Cubans and retirees that are a mostly Republican demographic, only time will tell what a generation or two of Puerto Ricans can do to that place.

by Anonymousreply 83February 8, 2018 1:03 AM

R8 And according to Maddow, she did it in 4-inch heels. RESPECT. She is 77 years old.

by Anonymousreply 84February 8, 2018 1:10 AM

[quote] 77 year old woman stands for 8 and a half hours AND talks wthout sniffing, and swallowing her dentures?

Goddamn showoff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 8, 2018 1:14 AM

This has really upset the DL conservatroll population. Good.

by Anonymousreply 86February 8, 2018 1:14 AM

R81, you are making some excellent points that I actually agree with. The difference is that I don’t think that we can afford to say that one issue is less important than the other, and we can hopefully work on all of them.

by Anonymousreply 87February 8, 2018 1:15 AM

I listen to Spanish-language radio (so ask me anything about El Señor). I also deal with Latinos on a daily basis.

My prediction is that Latinos will never be a solid Blue voting bloc, in fact, I think that Latinos are ripe for the GOP picking, because if you ask them if they should keep the money they earn or spend it on people who don't work (the standard GOP talking point that brought us "welfare queens") they will, very adamantly, say that they want to keep the money they earn. That's all the evil piece of Satan's shit Paul Ryan has to say to get them on the GOP side.

The other thing is, according to a study I saw about ten years ago or so, by the second generation, Latino birth rates decrease and are more in line with white birth rate, so the idea that we are going to have a massive explosion of Latino voters without more illegal immigration is probably not happening.

R86, the Dems will continue to lose if they behave like you and don't address the concerns of traditional Democrats (or, as you put it "Conservatrolls") who are not onboard with unvetted, unfettered illegal immigration and successive waves of amnesty.

by Anonymousreply 88February 8, 2018 1:17 AM

If u like Obamacare, know it's because of Pelosi it got passed. This is a made up issue. Trump signed an EO lifting protections for DACA. Last time the Rs held DACA and chips hostage. This time it's DACA and community health centers. The constitution provides civil rights protections for ppl within its borders, not just citizens. If u think the Rs are only after brown skinned ppl, u are going to be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 89February 8, 2018 1:21 AM

R87, I agree they are all equally important problems we need to work on. That was my point all along.

by Anonymousreply 90February 8, 2018 1:22 AM

R81 did not make any good points. He said five times in this thread alone that Pelosi was wrong to filibuster because there are more important problems. The reason he said it five times is because no one was paying his ridiculous statement any mind, and he was whining like a little child who felt he wasn't getting enough attention.

It's astonishing to me that someone could think that the importance of an issue is measured by hours of speech and discussion on the floor, and nothing else.

Anyone who claims to be as involved in politics as r81 does cannot possibly be unable to comprehend the reasons behind Pelosi's filibuster.

Based on what he's said and his behavior, it's far more likely he's one of those older centrist Dems who just doesn't like illegals.

by Anonymousreply 91February 8, 2018 1:26 AM

I know she is trying to do the right thing and it is hard to trust any republican, except I was happy when Graham and what's his name came to an agreement. Sorry I am completely blanking on the guys name.

by Anonymousreply 92February 8, 2018 1:29 AM

Everytime I see a Dem whine about “Nancy doesnt favor impeachment” I roll my eyes at their utter ignorance.

Nance does not suppprt impeachment now for a very very very good reason - NOW it will not pass not by a long shot- the House is GOP controlled as is the Senate. Anyone pushing for Impeachment right now is insane. If any move was made in this direction now and fails as it surely would - Donald would be out of control and totally unstoppable in every direction. He would have survived the worst possibility and would torture America and the world with it.

Impeachment is for later, post Mueller, it is a bargaining chip: indictment, resignation or impeachment. Nancy wont do “impeachment” now because it is utterly stupid and best served when the evidence is in.

by Anonymousreply 93February 8, 2018 1:32 AM

Right wingers hate Nancy because they hate good people and they hate woman in every position of importance. I admit I hate these wingers as much as I hate Trump, Sessions, Ryan and McConnell. If wishing could make it so, those 4 people would be boiled in oil. Nines would be strapped our a fire ant hill and covered in honey. I would like to watch.

by Anonymousreply 94February 8, 2018 1:34 AM

I will say it: DACA is nowhere near as important as what the Dump administration and the GOP are doing to the judiciary, the environment, education, the expansion of the military, the threat to reproductive rights, the threat of breaking the Iran deal and or attacking North Korea, the tax bill, the destruction of Net Neutrality, gay rights - I could go on and on.

Furthermore, Pelosi's stunt will signal to people mildly in favor of letting the Dreamers stay, which is probably most of that much-touted 70% who supposedly favor it - that the Democrats care more about the illegals than they do about Americans. And that will cause fewer in the Middle to get out to vote in the mid-terms and result in fewer Democratic victories.

by Anonymousreply 95February 8, 2018 1:36 AM

R88 must be listening to a station in Florida, because I actually do listen to Spanish radio and I have noticed the opposite. The right wing has done a massive buy out of Spanish radio outlets in order to pro the GOP through out the Southwest to Latin communities, more so in the last year and a half, and the reception has been a complete disaster especially when Latinos are turning a corner in Liberal issues. The majority of Latinos support Gay marriage and abortion which was not the case a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 96February 8, 2018 1:38 AM

on*

by Anonymousreply 97February 8, 2018 1:38 AM

[quote]My prediction is that Latinos will never be a solid Blue voting bloc

And if you had any data to back up that prediction, we might take you more seriously. Sadly, you don't.

[quote]That's all the evil piece of Satan's shit Paul Ryan has to say to get them on the GOP side.

You really have so little respect for them, think so little of them that you think they will be swayed by something like that? That's astonishing. And pretty dumb.

[quote]the Dems will continue to lose if they behave like you and don't address the concerns of traditional Democrats

"The Dems" have just won 35 out of the 39 state seats up for grabs in 2017 and 2018. They are beating their prior numbers by double digits. Republicans are retiring in record numbers. We have a record number of Democratic candidates this year, and they are raking in record amounts of money. Sorry, but that's not "losing."

by Anonymousreply 98February 8, 2018 1:43 AM

Mrs. Smith Goes to Washington

by Anonymousreply 99February 8, 2018 1:48 AM

[quote]But let's fight tooth and nail for illegals who break our laws, rape/murder our citizens, and burn our flag. And who probably won't vote Democrat after 1 or 2 generations anyways, if at all.

LOL... You really are a special kind of stupid, aren't you? I do love our trolls. They are just so damn [italic]stupid[/italic] that you can't possibly take them seriously.

by Anonymousreply 100February 8, 2018 1:57 AM

Mrs. Smith Goes to Washington. . . . and becomes a multi millionaire.

by Anonymousreply 101February 8, 2018 2:03 AM

[quote]My prediction is that Latinos will never be a solid Blue voting bloc

But they are Blanche, there already are....

by Anonymousreply 102February 8, 2018 2:07 AM

Good post R95

by Anonymousreply 103February 8, 2018 2:10 AM

Nancy rocks!

by Anonymousreply 104February 8, 2018 2:12 AM

I used to be pro-immigration until I saw this and thought about how much farther the dollar goes in poor economies than here. Now I feel like an asshole about it all. I still go back and forth though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105February 8, 2018 2:15 AM

[quote]Furthermore, Pelosi's stunt will signal to people mildly in favor of letting the Dreamers stay, which is probably most of that much-touted 70% who supposedly favor it - that the Democrats care more about the illegals than they do about Americans.

The only people stupid enough to believe that are the people who will never vote for a Democratic candidate anyway.

by Anonymousreply 106February 8, 2018 2:20 AM

Amen R106

by Anonymousreply 107February 8, 2018 2:22 AM

[quote]people mildly in favor of letting the Dreamers stay, which is probably most of that much-touted 70% who supposedly favor it....

Don't you just love it when someone just makes shit up because he's too fucking lazy to look for the actual data? Here you go, moron (emphasis added):

“Not only do a majority, 73 percent, of voters want legislation protecting Dreamers from deportation, a majority [bold]want Congress to make that a priority[/bold],” said Kyle Dropp, Morning Consult’s co-founder and chief research officer. “Overall, [bold]65 percent of voters say protecting Dreamers should be either an important or top priority for Congress[/bold].”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108February 8, 2018 2:26 AM

"But let's fight tooth and nail for illegals who break our laws, rape/murder our citizens, and burn our flag. "

OH YEAH, THAT'S THE BREITSHART I WANT IN MY MOUTH! HOT AND STEAMY, NUM NUM NUM !!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109February 8, 2018 2:31 AM

[quote]the Democrats care more about the illegals than they do about Americans

People brought over here as children by their parents are as much American as the rest of us. Almost none of us have more than a small amount of true American in us; we're all immigrants.

If you're calling DACA recipients "the illegals" and saying that concern for them means "real" Americans are being shoved aside, you're not a Democrat and there's no reason to take your advice.

by Anonymousreply 110February 8, 2018 3:02 AM

R108, you have to understand that when people say those things, they’re picturing an orderly legislative process that’s entirely separate from government funding. Like the Schoolhouse Rock “I’m Just a Bill” bullshit. That’s how they think government is supposed to work.

The pollster never asks their respondents if they want to shut down the government to get a DACA deal, or if they would like the debate over Dreamers to occur in midst of budgetary discussions. That’s where the Democrats fuck up. If you ask voters in the context of the methods Dems are using, they think it sounds utterly insane.

by Anonymousreply 111February 8, 2018 3:12 AM

This thread is a good reminder why I despise a lot of liberals as much as I do right wingers.

by Anonymousreply 112February 8, 2018 9:39 AM

Sahil Kapur @sahilkapur

A message from a House Democratic lawmaker who is ... less than thrilled with Pelosi’s marathon speech on Dreamers today:

Many of our members are furious. We have spent the last three weeks insisting that we don't want to shut the government down over DACA, and she essentially made the whole thing about it. Virtually everyone trying to win seats outside of California feels she has hurt their chances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113February 8, 2018 1:19 PM

If a long winded speaker already wears Depends, it’s not as big an accomplishment. There should be an asterisk placed, or a second “D” after her name in addition to the regular one.

by Anonymousreply 114February 8, 2018 1:36 PM

r96 you have no idea how many Hispanics voted for Trump. Quite a lot. What people keep ignoring is that many who voted Trump wanted someone outside of the usual Dem or Repug political bullshit we always get. Trump ran on populist issues, issues he had no intention of paying attention to. As someone else stated in this thread there are a good many legal Hispanics that do not like illegals. I'm in California, I look Hispanic but I'm not, I hear a lot of things and what you don't know is that the Hispanic community and the issues they support are a bit more complicated than you think. They will not support abortion, they will not support gay marriage, they will not support drug legalization. They are conservative on many issues but they want health care, education, good paying and not to be taxed to death.

by Anonymousreply 115February 8, 2018 1:47 PM

The Hispanic and young vote killed the California republican party.

You can stick a fork in the California GOP - they are done.

by Anonymousreply 116February 8, 2018 1:55 PM

I can’t bear to read this thread. Let us SHUT DOWN anyone who attacks ANY Dem. DO NOT TOLERATE THESE DIVISIVE VOICE ATTACKING FREEDOM.

If you’re too stupid to understand why it’s important to protect immigrants in America, GO LIVE IN RUSSIA YOU STUPID WHORES. I mean, fuck, r6 I think it was is quoting FUCKING MCCONNELL?

If you’re a Dem, BE LOYAL. Any time you hear someone trying to attack immigrants, tell them they 1) hate America and b) they should go live in Russia since their whole party thinks Vlad is so great.

Dems, this is OUR TIME. Hold, hold, hold. Be ruthlessly loyal, attack anyone who attacks us. Remember Chris Wray’s statement? “Tackle Hard.” We need to stick together NO MATTER WHAT.

Muriel, PLEASE, for the love of fucking anything, we’ve got posters lifting up MITCH MCCONNELL. I’m ALL FOR letting people speak, but can’t we at least make it as miserable as possible for them? What kind of human being lifts up the words of McConnell lmao?!?!?!?!?

by Anonymousreply 117February 8, 2018 2:41 PM

I was suprised she did that too, r113. Democrats lost the PR battle after the shutdown. They also came out of it with the dreamers not being happy with them for settling. So I'm suprised they picked that hill to die on again in a budget discussion.

by Anonymousreply 118February 8, 2018 3:03 PM

[quote]They are conservative on many issues but they want health care, education, good paying and not to be taxed to death.

So they want the government to give them things for free, but they don’t want to pay for it. In other words, they’re Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 119February 8, 2018 3:21 PM

There's no racism here, it's about illegals. No one is against LEGAL immigration. Why can't she see that? I would love to talk to her in five minutes, I'd have her in tears and agreeing that she is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 120February 8, 2018 3:45 PM

R119, what do you think of corporations who pay their employees so little they are forced to go on welfare?

by Anonymousreply 121February 8, 2018 3:46 PM

Why do people like R119 never mention corporate welfare?

by Anonymousreply 122February 8, 2018 3:50 PM

[quote]I would love to talk to her in five minutes, I'd have her in tears and agreeing that she is wrong.

Oh, honey, that's never happened to you in your life, with anyone, on any topic. Nancy Pelosi would eat you for a snack to fuel her next eight-hour speech.

by Anonymousreply 123February 8, 2018 3:51 PM

You can’t get more delusional than R117.

by Anonymousreply 124February 8, 2018 3:53 PM

Lest we forget, in September of only last year, Dreamers shouted down Pelosi.

[quote] SAN FRANCISCO (KTVU) - Undocumented youth got loud and disruptive in San Francisco on Monday at a news conference where Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi called for the passage of the Dream Act.

Young people, who were invited guests of Pelosi's at College Track San Francisco, chanted, "You're a liar!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125February 8, 2018 4:27 PM

Editorial cartoon from the Albuquerque Journal slurs Dreamers:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126February 8, 2018 4:30 PM

[quote]The pollster never asks their respondents if they want to shut down the government to get a DACA deal

Actually, they do. The respondents were split evenly on the topic, with half wanting to shut down the government; the other half not.

[quote]If you ask voters in the context of the methods Dems are using, they think it sounds utterly insane.

Again with making up shit. Come back when you can actually support any of your bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 127February 9, 2018 1:42 AM

[quote]Why can't she see that? I would love to talk to her in five minutes, I'd have her in tears and agreeing that she is wrong.

ROFLMAO.... Chuckles, you can't even do that to anyone here; what on earth makes you think you could handle Pelosi? Talk about delusional....

by Anonymousreply 128February 9, 2018 1:43 AM

[quote]you have no idea how many Hispanics voted for Trump.

Of course we do; the exit interview polling is readily available.

[quote]Quite a lot.

No it wasn't; not even close.

by Anonymousreply 129February 9, 2018 1:44 AM

[quote]Impeachment is for later, post Mueller, it is a bargaining chip: indictment, resignation or impeachment. Nancy wont do “impeachment” now because it is utterly stupid and best served when the evidence is in.

The one problem with your argument attacking democratic voters is that Nance pulled a similar stunt back in 2006. When you've already used impeachment as a means to get votes and then taken it off the table the second you've won, it's kind of idiotic to think that voters aren't going to doubt that you'll follow through the second time. (Watch her recent View appearance to catch her fence sitting on the issue)

You can take issue with Maxine Waters all you want, but it's people like her and John Lewis who are doing the democrats the most proud by not normalizing this administration under any circumstances possible.

by Anonymousreply 130February 9, 2018 2:06 AM

House Dems could take a big political risk if they reject the budget deal later this morning. CNN polling has shown most Americans support DACA - but not shutting down the government over it ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131February 9, 2018 5:29 AM

And how am I delusional, darling at r124? Delusional in my passion? Delusional in my hope? Delusional in my audaciousness? Delusional in my vulgarity?

I am a person who wants Trump OUT. I am here to strategize with like-minded people. Now, why don’t you be off, before somebody drops a house on YOU?!?

by Anonymousreply 132February 9, 2018 6:07 AM

You're delusional R132 in that you think that the Dems are knights in shining armor when they too pull all kinds of shit. They tend not to be as vile in terms of domestic policy as the Satans of the GOP, but their foreign policy, especially visi vis Israel, their support of banks, insurance companies, corporations and the 1% is there, just hidden better.

Then the Dems have slashed women's rights by enacting laws that support the trans genders, who have, a truly regressive agenda that will also make Big Pharma a huge profit while it destroys the lives of tens of thousands of confused kids, many of whom would have otherwise grown up gay.

by Anonymousreply 133February 9, 2018 6:22 AM

[quote] You're delusional [R132] in that you think that the Dems are knights in shining armor when they too pull all kinds of shit.

When it comes to gay rights, the Democrats [italic] are [/italic] knights in shining armor, cunt - especially when you actually review the mean-spirited, antigay policies that the republicunts have worked so tirelessly for: blocking same sex marriage, refusal to enact hate crime laws and workplace discrimination laws, attempts at blocking adoption by gay parents, passing "religious freedom" laws fhat make it OK for businesses to discriminate against gay people.

So don't feed me your idiotic bullshit about Democrats being "just as bad" as republicans.

by Anonymousreply 134February 9, 2018 6:34 AM

Yeah, R134, the Dems, by handing gay kids over to the pedophiles in the trans movement and Big Pharma, both of which want to lower the age of transition to younger than puberty, are sure saving gay rights!

by Anonymousreply 135February 9, 2018 6:44 AM

Why don't you defend the republican party, you stupid cunt, and provide any type of pro-gay law or legislation that they have [italic] ever [/italic] passed?

by Anonymousreply 136February 9, 2018 7:00 AM

[quote]Yeah, [R134], the Dems, by handing gay kids over to the pedophiles in the trans movement and Big Pharma, both of which want to lower the age of transition to younger than puberty, are sure saving gay rights!

You really need help. Badly.

by Anonymousreply 137February 9, 2018 11:56 PM

Dreamers unimpressed.

Pelosi and the Democrats sold out the Dreamers, By Greisa Martinez Rosas

Greisa Martinez Rosas would qualify for the Dream Act and serves as the Advocacy Director of United We Dream, the largest immigrant youth-led organization in the country.

This week, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi spoke in Congress for eight hours straight about immigrant youth. She shared our stories and called for passage of the Dream Act.

Yet, while she was speaking, Democratic and Republican party leaders were writing a budget deal that would leave protections for immigrant youth out in exchange for dollars on other projects. Our lives — and the moral compass of this country — are in real danger and yet Congress is playing games with both.Speeches, empty promises and crocodile tears will not protect me or my sisters from deportation agents. Only votes from Congress can do that.

We are tired of speeches, tweets and promises that are not followed by solutions. This is especially true for Democrats and moderate Republicans who say that they support us when the cameras are rolling but repeatedly cave to Trump's bullying.

Earlier this week, the Senate's Democratic Leader, Chuck Schumer, crafted a deal that, cruelly, will do nothing to stop the pain and the deportations. And Thursday night, Nancy Pelosi failed to whip her caucus to use its leverage to protect us, as 73 Democrats voted with Republicans for the budget deal and secured nothing from Paul Ryan.

They did this over the wishes of the American people. Polls consistently show voters across the political spectrum supporting citizenship for immigrant youth over the Trump administration's vision of mass deportation.

Immigrant youth and our allies in cities, towns, and states across the country have generated bipartisan, broad and deep support for passage of the Dream Act in Congress.

We have created the political and moral conditions for Congress to use its leverage to protect the lives of immigrant youth and stand up to Trump. The world now must wonder if there exists in Congress a resistance to Trump's unpopular vision.

The stakes are incredibly high. Millions of us have no protection from deportation at all and those who are now protected are becoming increasingly vulnerable. Since Trump announced last fall that he was ending the DACA program, more than 19,000 immigrant youth have lost their protections from deportation, 850 more lose it every week and on March 5, Trump has decided that it will end for all of us. Nearly every day, I hear of another friend who loses protection.

While Trump's top immigration agent announced last June that we undocumented immigrants "need to be worried," and that no undocumented person would be off the table, young immigrants have continued to hear from politicians of every stripe (even Trump!) that this is our home and that they love us. Yet they continue to play cruel games with our lives.

Trump is killing DACA, putting me at risk, and now says he will only protect me if the country buys his plans to deport our families and end family immigration for all. It is blackmail — pure and simple.

Those who claim to stand in the way of Trump's racist policies give us only speeches. Just weeks ago at the Women's March, I watched former Democratic Vice Presidential nominee Sen. Tim Kaine speak of his admiration for immigrant youth to great applause but just days, later, Kaine voted to give up the fight to protect us.

Immigrant youth, people of color, faith leaders, women and millions of allies are putting our bodies on the line every day to resist Trump and fight for a better and fairer country.

Leader Pelosi, House Democrats and the Republicans who say they stand with immigrant youth and the promise of Lady Liberty have a decision to make. Will they use their leverage to save the lives of immigrants or will they continue to enable our abuser?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138February 10, 2018 3:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!