Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow” Hints At A Romance Between Citizen Cold And John Constantine

Just when we thought the CW’s superhero universe couldn’t get any queerer, they up the ante: Viewers of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow may see some romantic chemistry brewing between Citizen Cold (Wentworth Miller) and John Constantine (Matt Ryan), two new additions to the team of time-traveling heroes.

The CW Citizen Cold is an alternate universe version of Captain Cold (both are played by out actor Wentworth Miller). Introduced in November’s big four-part crossover “Crisis on Earth X,” which spanned Arrow, Supergirl, Flash and Legends, Citizen Cold is openly gay and in a relationship with the Ray (Russell Tovey).

Ryan first debuted as the occult detective in NBC’s Constantine in 2014, before leaping to the Arrowverse for Legends’ third season. In the comic books, Constantine is canonically bisexual.

The CW In a recent interview with Nerdist, Dominic Purcell, who plays Legend’s hot-headed Heatwave (a.k.a. Mick Rory), revealed that Ryan and Miller’s characters shared a mutual attraction.

“Well, Trenchcoat [Constantine] has just arrived and I’ve only had one scene with him,” Purcell said. “He was hitting on Wentworth’s character… Rory watching Citizen Cold and Trenchcoat flirt with one another was like too much for Rory, so he just fucking got out of there.”

Is it just a little flirting or the start of a bad romance? We’ll have to wait till February 12 when Legends of Tomorrow returns to the CW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 7, 2018 3:54 PM

Considering the producers of Constantine clutched their pearls when people who ask them about his sexuality, this is a refreshing change.

by Anonymousreply 1January 27, 2018 1:59 AM

I thought the same thing r1, what a difference a change in showrunners make.

I remember the people who ran the Constantine show were adamantly opposed to making the character bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 2January 27, 2018 2:13 AM

They were r2

by Anonymousreply 3January 27, 2018 2:22 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 4January 27, 2018 6:03 PM

Although I don't want Leo to cheat on Ray.

by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2018 6:07 PM

Is heat Wave supposed to be gay too? I watch the show only extremely sporadically.

by Anonymousreply 6January 27, 2018 6:15 PM

Was there actual flirting? I only saw the end where he and Sarah hooked up.

by Anonymousreply 7February 13, 2018 2:31 AM

God dammit to hell!!

I forgot all about the show!! Damn Olympics 😠😠

by Anonymousreply 8February 13, 2018 2:40 AM

Will there be gay sex? Nope. I will not be enticed.

by Anonymousreply 9February 13, 2018 2:53 AM

No R6 he isn't and I believe John Constantine flirted with Citizen Cold

by Anonymousreply 10February 13, 2018 11:14 AM

Is Miller back on th show as a regular? He entertained me, during the first season.

Not even Brandon Routh's pretty face can interest me without Captain Cold.

by Anonymousreply 11February 13, 2018 12:11 PM

The producers of "Constantine" also never showed him smoking.

In the first few episodes, nothing, but then there was some CGI cigarette smoke added like John had just put out a cigarette.

Then they progressed to having John holding a cigarette and then putting it out in an ashtray.

So, at least the producers of his NBC show were okay finally acknowledging that John is a smoker, but absolutely not a man-lover.

BTW, did David Goyer have anything to do with the "Constantine" show? He was the one who de-gayed Leonardo da Vinci.

by Anonymousreply 12February 13, 2018 12:20 PM

Was that it? Kind of underwhelmed by the whole thing. Never cared for Constantine then the two supposed bisexuals (Constantine and Sarah) hook up with each other? And then Cold is leaving Legends out of nowhere at the end of the episode (he just joined them)? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 13February 13, 2018 12:26 PM

Two years ago, DC had Constantine flirting hard with Nightwing...

Imagine Matt Ryan still playing Constantine, and who could be Nightwing in that scenario? DL Fave Ben Barnes???

I'd watch!

by Anonymousreply 14February 13, 2018 12:30 PM

Goodness, last night’s episode is terrible. It’s a chore getting through it.

by Anonymousreply 15February 21, 2018 1:27 AM

Star Trek: Discovery's take on the concept was a lot better.

by Anonymousreply 16February 21, 2018 1:40 AM

Although given Sara in the jumpsuit and blue eye shadow, Marvel should sign her to star in a Dazzler movie RFN.

by Anonymousreply 17February 21, 2018 2:44 AM

I think Constantine will be back later on this season.

by Anonymousreply 18February 21, 2018 4:29 AM

Let's face it, EVERY scifi show has done a time loop episode so this one wasn't going to be anything new and spectacular, but it was fun because of the characters

by Anonymousreply 19February 21, 2018 4:35 AM

I can't explain it but I love Legends. It's shite and knows it. I respect that. Although, I am disappointed with the "ISIS" character.

That NBC Constantine show was actually good--tho it took a few episodes to get going--but they stuck on Friday so they wanted it to fail.

by Anonymousreply 20February 21, 2018 11:50 AM

The actress who plays Zari was actually playing the violin. That's about as impressive to me as an actor doing his own stunts.

I don't think the show is shitty. It just really loves the characters and doesn't take itself seriously.

by Anonymousreply 21February 21, 2018 12:13 PM

An actor who can play the violin is impressive to you? I'm sure she can also perform ballet, tap dance and play the piano. Isn't that part of the "Getting into show business" process young entertainers go through?

by Anonymousreply 22February 21, 2018 12:47 PM

Constantine to possibly be series regular for season 4.

by Anonymousreply 23March 19, 2018 9:54 PM

Constantine had his first man kiss tonight.

by Anonymousreply 24March 20, 2018 12:53 AM

WTF? Why does Sarah break up with her girlfriend?? That sucks.

So now they're gonna pair up Sarah with Constantine?

I'm not understanding any of that shit about the totems.

by Anonymousreply 25March 20, 2018 2:30 AM

About time r24

R25 Each of the totems were used to bind a powerful demon but those who followed the death totem end up giving their allegiance to the demon Malus.

by Anonymousreply 26March 20, 2018 3:07 AM

Shitty show with shitty portrayal of everything.

And...another thread about this? Enough.

by Anonymousreply 27March 20, 2018 3:13 AM

[quote]And...another thread about this? Enough.

Yeah, is it the same poster starting all these threads about this Constantine character being bisexual or whatever? There have been a million fucking threads trying to promote the hell out of this.

by Anonymousreply 28March 20, 2018 3:15 AM

So some demon totems can be used for good? Like what Rory did tonight?

And Darke wants to connect them all sort of like what Thanos wants to do in Marvel Land?

by Anonymousreply 29March 20, 2018 3:28 AM

Legends of Tomorrow is the gayest show on TV.

by Anonymousreply 30October 23, 2018 1:35 PM

The season premiere was great!!

Constantine and Sara gettin’ some!!

Love Sara and Ava together.

by Anonymousreply 31October 23, 2018 3:42 PM

I think Constantine needs to do whatever it was he and Gary did again. Gary deserves it. At a bare minimum, he could have kissed him.

He did say something about talking about the "virgin situation" as they were walking away together.

They appear to have turned Constantine into the Legends' answer to Jack Harkness. Good choice.

by Anonymousreply 32October 24, 2018 12:06 AM

After the unicorn, Gary's virginity went from "technical" to "non-existent."

by Anonymousreply 33October 25, 2018 2:10 AM

Constantine works better as an occasional guest star - he doesn’t belong in a super hero group - though I enjoyed his appearance in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 34October 27, 2018 9:49 PM

Love Nate and his dad. Biff is pretty great in this role.

So the Legends don’t get paid? I didn’t know the actor was taking a step back from the show, too bad.

Constantine is cool with all those Dr. Strange circle thingies.

by Anonymousreply 35October 30, 2018 3:10 PM

Noticed Gary checking out naked Ray.

by Anonymousreply 36November 2, 2018 12:18 AM

Legends seems to be going along, in spite of its Z-list cast.

by Anonymousreply 37November 7, 2018 3:51 PM

[Quote] in spite of its Z-list cast.

Couldn't you say that about the other DC shows?

by Anonymousreply 38November 7, 2018 3:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!