Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

National Union of Students LGBT+ campaign accuses Student Pride of being run by 'cis white gay men' as the groups cut ties

The National Union of Students (NUS) LGBT+ campaign has cut ties with the biggest gay student group, after accusing it of being run by “cis white gay men” and not being inclusive enough. ---- Noorulann Shahid added that Student Pride is “unrepresentative”, as “most of their ‘board’ is cis [people whose gender identity matches the sex they were assigned at birth] white gay men”.

There is “no way for Queer students to feed into Student Pride and shape the events they want to see”, the activist added.

The statement from the NUS LGBT+ campaign officials came after Student Pride announced a "break in ties" with them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175February 9, 2018 2:03 AM

DL catnip. Go girls!

by Anonymousreply 1January 26, 2018 1:57 AM

LGB only

Drop the rest!

by Anonymousreply 2January 26, 2018 1:59 AM

So it finally happened.

Gay guys got thrown out of the gay rights org...

by Anonymousreply 3January 26, 2018 2:01 AM

We're here We're Cis Get used to it

by Anonymousreply 4January 26, 2018 2:04 AM

Tweet :

It's mutating; "Privileged cis-gay white males" are now oppressing hetero "queers" because "they're gender identity lines up with the sex they were *assigned* at birth".

by Anonymousreply 5January 26, 2018 2:05 AM

[quote] Noorulann Shahid added that Student Pride is “unrepresentative”, as “most of their ‘board’ is cis white gay men”.

The NUS Officer who represents LGBT+ students nationwide has said she sympathises with the Taliban, and calls their mistreatment as “insulting and disgusting”.

In a blog post uncovered by Heat Street, Noorulann Shahid, who prefers to be referred to as ‘they’, argues this is ‘not because I sympathise with the Taliban, but because they are Muslims’.

Shahid, described on their Twitter profile as a “Muslim, Feminist, Desi, Queer, Disabled, Trans (they/them)” is a close ally of current NUS President Malia Bouattia.

Noorulann Shahid aka Donald aka Conman:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 26, 2018 2:07 AM

sicker and sicker

by Anonymousreply 7January 26, 2018 2:11 AM

What college is this?

by Anonymousreply 8January 26, 2018 2:27 AM

It represents the UK

by Anonymousreply 9January 26, 2018 2:29 AM

LOL. Noorulann Shahid. They's a piece ofwork.

by Anonymousreply 10January 26, 2018 2:32 AM

Don't don't each college's gay club decide what activities it does? It's not some higher up that dictates what every college needs to do.

by Anonymousreply 11January 26, 2018 2:36 AM

You will all burn in hell.

by Anonymousreply 12January 26, 2018 2:37 AM

#Trannypanic...oh wait!

by Anonymousreply 13January 26, 2018 2:48 AM

Of course, trannies and their enablers are nowhere to be seen here defending this

by Anonymousreply 14January 26, 2018 2:37 PM

Trans is indefensible on any grounds and is anti-feminist, anti-gay, and just plain anti-human.

by Anonymousreply 15January 26, 2018 3:20 PM

#peaktrans

by Anonymousreply 16January 26, 2018 3:38 PM

Remember a few months ago when the LGBT student association at Georgia Tech elected a mentally ill tranny and he brought the police to the campus for a deadly shoot out?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 26, 2018 3:58 PM

In the past few years, the NUS has also abolished the gay men's caucus where gay male-specific issues could be raised, encouraged LGBT societies to drop the position of gay men's representative, refused to condemn ISIS on the basis that it would be "Islamophobic" (which is mentioned earlier in this thread), decided it wouldn't be inappropriate to work with Cage (a group that has strong links to Islamic extremism), no-platformed numerous lesbian speakers (TERFS), attempted to no-platform Peter Tatchell for speaking against Islam, and tried to ban drag in its venues.

Individual NUS Islamic Societies have also been allowed to get up to homophobic escapades without any kind of condemnation, and in some cases with full support. In particular, the regular appearances by numerous hate preachers who have openly advocated the killing of gays, and the recent Goldsmith's controversy in which the Islamic Society attempted to no platform Maryam Namazie and was supported in doing so by the LGBT Society and the Feminist Society, who apparently didn't realise the contradiction in supporting the censorship of someone who was speaking against homophobia and misogyny by a group that has openly, and very publicly, advocated both.

by Anonymousreply 18January 26, 2018 4:04 PM

Tranny is a Y short of Tyranny

by Anonymousreply 19January 26, 2018 4:31 PM

[QUOTE] Shahid, described on their Twitter profile as a “Muslim, Feminist, Desi, Queer, Disabled, Trans (they/them)”

Seriously, this is why they hate us.

by Anonymousreply 20January 26, 2018 7:58 PM

Why THEY hate us? Hell, R20, this is why [bold][italic]I[/bold][/italic] hate us!

by Anonymousreply 21January 26, 2018 8:05 PM

[/italic] And this is why I hate DL.

by Anonymousreply 22January 26, 2018 8:05 PM

So go hang out at Huff Po r22, they push the trans agenda all day.

by Anonymousreply 23January 26, 2018 8:09 PM

The feeling is mutual, r22.

by Anonymousreply 24January 26, 2018 8:10 PM

NUS is infamously nutty and intolerant. It's the classic political correctness story: the circular firing squad in action.

They're pretty much a joke in the UK

by Anonymousreply 25January 26, 2018 8:13 PM

[quote]So go hang out at Huff Po [R22], they push the trans agenda all day.

Perhaps I was unclear. I come here to get away from that shit. It's the Italics I was talking about.

by Anonymousreply 26January 26, 2018 8:14 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 26, 2018 8:42 PM

Lesbianism was never illegal in England, so women had that privilege over men prior to 1967.

by Anonymousreply 28January 26, 2018 8:45 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 26, 2018 8:45 PM

Please tell me that's verbatim, R5.

by Anonymousreply 30January 26, 2018 8:56 PM

R29 That's a cryptic picture.

by Anonymousreply 31January 26, 2018 9:17 PM

There are the kind of stories that the right looks for and tries to use as proof that the gay agenda has been co-opted by the Marxist Left.

This LGBT group like many takes itself way to seriously.

I am tired of this cursade by radicals against the cos white male. They are just people like the rest of us and many of them are liberal! Not that that has a say in wheaten they should be treated fairly or not.

by Anonymousreply 32January 26, 2018 9:22 PM

[quote]I am tired of this cursade by radicals against the cos white male

It's not just radicals. Stop deluding yourself.

by Anonymousreply 33January 26, 2018 9:26 PM

Wtf does "hetero queer" mean?

by Anonymousreply 34January 26, 2018 9:30 PM

All these things that have fuck all to do with homosexuality are completely irrelevant to gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 35January 26, 2018 9:32 PM

[quote]Wtf does "hetero queer" mean?

A straight woman with blue hair!

by Anonymousreply 36January 26, 2018 9:36 PM

Genius, R19!

by Anonymousreply 37January 26, 2018 9:37 PM

And if you want your Pride to be fun and popular, you will leave it in the hands of cis white gay men!

by Anonymousreply 38January 26, 2018 9:55 PM

Why are trans so defensive of their mental illness being discussed? It’s a disorder that requires extreme medical integration. It’s like Muslims going crazy because someone drew a picture of Muhammad.

by Anonymousreply 39January 26, 2018 11:56 PM

Cis my ass, you whiny babies

by Anonymousreply 40January 26, 2018 11:59 PM

[quote] They're pretty much a joke in the UK

And yet in a few years that tranny will probably be a Shadow Minister for the Labour Party.

by Anonymousreply 41January 27, 2018 12:03 AM

Let's put the sizzle back in CIS.

by Anonymousreply 42January 27, 2018 12:24 AM

R31, they're cutting ties.

by Anonymousreply 43January 27, 2018 1:36 AM

[quote]Tranny is a Y short of Tyranny

Well, we know they're not a Y Chromosome SHORT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 27, 2018 1:49 AM

This is GREAT news. The sooner these postmodern, neo-Marxist,authoritarian "queers" disassociate from homosexual groups and organizations the sooner we get to witness THIS:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 27, 2018 2:01 AM

I hate how cis white gay males are made out to be the bad guy. We have faced lots of struggles too and have led the charge on getting equal rights for all. Just because we are cis males doesn't mean we should be pushed out.

by Anonymousreply 46January 27, 2018 2:09 AM

No worries r46, cis isn't even a word, it's a fucking made up slur and it's good when people use it because you know exactly where they stand.

by Anonymousreply 47January 27, 2018 2:16 AM

Some of the hate for these student activists is justified. However....

"Noorulann Shahid and Beth Douglas, both of whom are NUS officers, launched a withering attack on Student Pride, which they say has abandoned its “radical beginnings” and now allows big corporations to “cash in on the ‘pink pound’.”

They said that Student Pride, a campaigning group which runs an annual conference and careers fair for LGBT+ students, “has become less and less about queer representation and more about profits”."

What this one is saying is, in fact, accurate. Gay INC. has gotten way too cozy with corporate interests to the detriment of the larger struggle for the entire community. These same corporations that a lot of these gay organizations pander to throw us under the bus constantly by supporting anti-gay Republicans, anti-gay Middle Eastern dictators and other various hate groups which undermine the fights that still need to occur for our rights. If these students could quit the gay man bashing and refocus their message on this point, they'd do a lot better job of bringing the community together rather than tearing us apart through needless and mindless spats that go absolutely nowhere and benefit no one.

by Anonymousreply 48January 27, 2018 2:20 AM

[quote]cis isn't even a word, it's a fucking made up slur

"Cis" is a top down, ideologically based PROPAGANDA term straight out of the Stalinist handbook. I NEVER use it. I will not cede ANY lingusitic territory to a socio/political project that I find morally and ethically reprehensible.

by Anonymousreply 49January 27, 2018 2:20 AM

Exactly r49 and when someone does use it, it's a tip off that they are to be avoided at all costs.

by Anonymousreply 50January 27, 2018 2:27 AM

It's inevitable. Authoritarian, narcissistic homophobes who only clung to our coattails until they had the money and institutional power to do without us. They can keep the Q as well.

by Anonymousreply 51January 27, 2018 2:39 AM

I am a cis white gay male and I think it's crazy how we're persecuted, but cis is in no way a slur. Sounds like some of you need to get a little more woke.

Cis is just the way to identify that you were born the gender you are. It's used by The NY Times. I think we need to find common ground with these more radical elements and show them that we're not the enemy- the right is. Come together rather than continue this in-fighting.

by Anonymousreply 52January 27, 2018 2:51 AM

R52, not until bullshit like that uttered by Sophia Banks stops.

I'm a non-trans male. Don't I get the same opportunity to name my identity as the trans, non-binaries, genderqueers, etc. do?

The Right has always b

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 27, 2018 3:04 AM

Right r52 and it signifies that you think it's possible to change genders, it's not. Like when someone identifies as a Mormon, I know to avoid them. It's actually a good thing, it lets me know where people stand but make no mistake, it's a slur, used to malign anyone who hasn't gone through the "struggle" and oppression of a tranny, it denotes your "less than" status, like wearing a yellow star.

by Anonymousreply 54January 27, 2018 3:07 AM

You reading WAY too much into cis. It's just an identifier the same way blonde and brunette are ways to describe your hair color. Being blonde has no implication of not understanding the "struggle" of being a ginger. It just means you have blonde hair.

Being cis just means you were born into the correct gender and you're transitioning/transitioned. One is not better than the other or designed to make someone less than.

by Anonymousreply 55January 27, 2018 3:14 AM

[quote] cis. It's just an identifier the same way blonde and brunette are ways to describe your hair color. Being blonde has no implication of not understanding the "struggle" of being a ginger. It just means you have blonde hair.

Apparently some haven't gotten that memo.

Public university’s ‘Queer Women’s Sex’ event excluded ‘straight cisgender’ students

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 27, 2018 3:17 AM

Then, R52, lesbians who do not “identify” with femininity are not cis.

Are they trans?

Can one be both trans & cis?

Or is it one of the other...you know, “binary.”

So trans/cis is binary, but male/female is not. There is such a thing as a feminine penis, but no such thing as a cis lesbian. However, translesbians are ...real.

R55, what the hell is a “correct” gender?? So if any boy likes pink, his penis needs to be removed??

by Anonymousreply 57January 27, 2018 3:17 AM

Cis is always used in a scathing and scolding way, r 55, so take it up with them. The implications it carries are never good ones, it's not at all like saying someone is a blonde. See the headline in this thread, it's a pejorative.

by Anonymousreply 58January 27, 2018 3:20 AM

[quote]Being cis just means you were born into the correct gender

No one is born in the correct or wrong gender! No one! It's a fantasy. It's as kookie as $cientology!

by Anonymousreply 59January 27, 2018 3:22 AM

Ok, maybe it’s not just radicals but still isn’t quite mainstream. Not the way the hard right makes out.

Most of the cis white male in the patriarchy are just men trying to feed their families and live life like the rest of us. Some bad apples like Milo and Co. have played ya by blowing up statistics and using scare tactics to take in dough. Gavin McInnes and Alex Jones come to mind immediately.

by Anonymousreply 60January 27, 2018 3:34 AM

R33 ^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 61January 27, 2018 3:35 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 27, 2018 6:01 AM

R55 the word 'cis' is not needed. Man and woman are all the identifiers that are needed. If a minority of people wish to remove themselves from these groups and identify themselves as something else then fine, they can do that. They don't get to recategorise the majority though.

by Anonymousreply 63January 27, 2018 8:00 AM

It is no coincidence that promoters and defenders of the "trans" and Muslim agendas coincide and commingle. Both are authoritarian, regressive, bigoted.

by Anonymousreply 64January 27, 2018 8:10 AM

"Cis" was developed and promoted as a way for the trans community to take the rest of the world down a peg. It's a way to "other" 99.9% of the world, and to give us a taste of our own medicine. Once you know the background of the word, it's simple and easy to reject it along with any other slur.

When you hear "cis" spoken (usually by trans-identified males talking about real women) it is usually spoken with the same sly venom as "fish."

If you need to differentiate transgenders from the rest of the world, the proper words to use are "biological" and "real."

Also, if there is any doubt about the vindictive nature of "cis" and "queer" consider these campus groups bend over backwards to assure that every group is referred to using the language the group itself affirms. Imagine saying to Native Americans that we will now refer to them as "redskins." We could say that the rest of America has "done the work" and "reclaimed" the former slur. It's now a positive and it's how we will refer to Native Americans from now on.

Gay men should feel free to reject any and all nonsense terminology other groups attempt to hang on us.

by Anonymousreply 65January 27, 2018 8:39 AM

Gay men need to run away as fast as they can from these +ers. They're insane.

by Anonymousreply 66January 27, 2018 8:53 AM

Some transactivists will say and do anything in their attempt to impose their distorted view of reality on the rest of society. The reality is that there are two groups of human beings based on sex differences, and it is impossible to change sex. No attempt at redefining language will change that.

by Anonymousreply 67January 27, 2018 8:57 AM

Wait, isn't 'misgendering' the most heinous crime known to humanity? So maybe trans activists should stop labeling people 'cis' before they've even asked and after we've said not to. Calling any gay man or lesbian woman 'cis', dismisses everything we've been through as a consequence of being outside expected gender roles. I do not 'identify' with the gender performance expected of me because of my sex. I don't even qualify as 'cis', whereas most of the world fits under Stonewall uk's 'umbrella'. The word 'cis' offends and misrepresents me. Call me 'cis' and you're a homophobic hypocrite just trying to assert your power over me.

by Anonymousreply 68January 27, 2018 9:34 AM

To clarify that, I'm not trans either. Just pointing out that the definitions of both prefixes just happen to change depending on the trans activist and the point they;re trying to make.

by Anonymousreply 69January 27, 2018 9:37 AM

R68, if you aren't trans who can you not qualify as cis? I would say 99% of the population is cis, both gay and straight. Were you born a male? Are you still male today? Then you're cis.

I'm a gay male. I'm not genderqueer or fluid or any of these things. Just a typical gay male. Yet I have no problem being labeled as cis because that's what I am.

You realize these terms are used in academia, right? They are the standard terms that we've all been taught. The derogatory tones are all in your head.

by Anonymousreply 70January 27, 2018 9:47 AM

Question for R70:

What did you call yourself ten years ago? Did you refer to yourself as "cis"? Of course not. It's a newly-coined term that you have chosen adopt. "Cis" is not a term used throughout academia, only in Gender Studies departments (formerly known as Women Studies, and Gay Studies) and other departments and institutions where loony transgenderists have set the list of acceptable language.

Why do you not use the latest term: AMAB? It means "assigned male at birth" and is as dumb as it sounds. As if sex is some arbitrarily assigned label.

You do know there was a time when academia accepted terms like Negro, homophile, and sapphist. The idea that someone is teaching it in a classroom at Oberlin doesn't make it valid.

Why the ignore and reject gay men and lesbians, yet fully respect the pronouns and adjectives of every other group?

by Anonymousreply 71January 27, 2018 10:02 AM

Yes! We need more of this.

by Anonymousreply 72January 27, 2018 10:04 AM

*applauds r71*

by Anonymousreply 73January 27, 2018 10:37 AM

They're trying to add a P (for pedophile) and K (for kink) to the ever increasing acronym.

by Anonymousreply 74January 27, 2018 10:39 AM

[quote]Please tell me that's verbatim, R5.

I’m not R5 but I found a tweet with that quote

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 27, 2018 10:45 AM

[quote]You realize these terms are used in academia, right? They are the standard terms that we've all been taught. The derogatory tones are all in your head.

They are also still used as hate speech against gays by heterosexuals. I got called that by the boy I had a crush on in high school. By using academia to defend its use, you are defending homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 76January 27, 2018 11:23 AM

You got called cis in high school? How old are you? Did you tell the boy he was also cis (I assume)?

There is no reclamation here. Cis is a new term.

by Anonymousreply 77January 27, 2018 12:19 PM

I got called q***r. Sorry if I was not clear about that. I also got called sissy by others so I don't appreciate being called c*s either. I do not appreciate being defined by what I am not.

by Anonymousreply 78January 27, 2018 12:22 PM

R70 There is no need for a word that means 'non trans'. The default is man and woman. Just because a small number of individuals are unable or unwilling to accept this definition doesn't alter that fact.

You can accept being called cis if you wish but don't expect anyone else to, and don't feel that you can apply it to other people without their permission.

by Anonymousreply 79January 27, 2018 12:25 PM

Cis is just a synonym for biological. It has nothing to do with "sissy." I have no problem being called a biological male or any of its synonyms.

Gay is much more a slur/pejorative than queer nowadays by far.

by Anonymousreply 80January 27, 2018 12:31 PM

Gay is the acceptable word. Q***r means abnormal and it will always be derogatory to refer to homosexuality that way NO MATTER WHAT.

by Anonymousreply 81January 27, 2018 12:35 PM

The ‘Cis’ troll has a one-track mind

No one is buying its propaganda here

by Anonymousreply 82January 27, 2018 12:37 PM

All this stuff is top-down and with the end game of erasing gay people and rolling back the clock for women's rights.

by Anonymousreply 83January 27, 2018 12:47 PM

I am sorry this was always going to happen for a number of reasons.

When German women were thrown to the wolves on New Year’s last year , in Cologne. The Left said little and the Feminists less . They were White and in the ladder of victimhood , came on top and refugees became the highest victim. I knew then Gay White men would be thrown under the bus just as easily.

We have fallen victim to our own agenda. White people are part of the majority culture and now we have marriage equality, we are almost seen as the establishment.

This was always going to happen in the victim narrative we have, because White men and women are more privileged. We are told this again and again. How long did you think they were going to wait before Gay White Men and women would be thrown under the bus in the quest for victim purity.?

by Anonymousreply 84January 27, 2018 12:52 PM

It's no coincidence that cis sounds like sissy. They also say cissies.

by Anonymousreply 85January 27, 2018 1:02 PM

Imagine how a young Cindy Brady would pronounce "cis."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 27, 2018 1:28 PM

Any MtoF trans that does not get his penis removed is not REALLY trans. He's just hedging his bets.

No excuses. Chop it.

by Anonymousreply 87January 27, 2018 2:14 PM

Agreed. I'm gay, not queer. People advocating that we "reclaim" the word often compare it to the way blacks use "nigger" Regardless of how comfortable they may be in calling each other that, they'll never put it in an acronym for one of their advocay organizations. Because they're sensible.

by Anonymousreply 88January 27, 2018 3:21 PM

We don't need to reclaim the word- it has already been reclaimed. Past tense. Hate to break it to you, R88, but if you're gay, then you're also queer. An umbrella term covers all the terms under it.

by Anonymousreply 89January 27, 2018 5:11 PM

No, I'm not, R89. I am a gay man, you do not have permission to call me or any other gay man or lesbian that.

by Anonymousreply 90January 27, 2018 5:15 PM

Sounds like you have some self-loathing issues to work out, R90. If you can't proudly be here and queer then that's a problem you need to figure out within yourself.

by Anonymousreply 91January 27, 2018 5:23 PM

Why should a group of people built around an immutable characteristic welcome people who are trying to erase that? Black civil rights organizations don't advocate passing for white.

by Anonymousreply 92January 27, 2018 5:26 PM

I find it interesting that “they”(is that correct?) Want to capitilize te rf for maximum shouting down impact.

by Anonymousreply 93January 27, 2018 5:51 PM

If you’re going to call me queer as an insult, so be it. I’ll walk away from it. But don’t call me Queer. I don’t believe in a single umbrella that gays AND trans AND obese blue haired SWJs fit under. I completely reject that.

by Anonymousreply 94January 27, 2018 9:21 PM

^^^I meant SJW of course. See? I’m all flustered by this.

by Anonymousreply 95January 27, 2018 9:22 PM

I understand R65. This current fad demonstrated the decadent malaise in our current society.

by Anonymousreply 96January 27, 2018 9:31 PM

LGB only

by Anonymousreply 97January 28, 2018 1:38 PM

When someone uses the term cis, you should shout them down and accuse them of hate speech. Time to throw it back in their face.

by Anonymousreply 98January 28, 2018 1:46 PM

Cis is not hate speech. You sound crazy, R98.

by Anonymousreply 99January 28, 2018 1:52 PM

[quote] Cis is just the way to identify that you were born the gender you are.

We have words for that already. They are called "male" and "female" or "man" and "woman" or "boy" and "girl."

Calling a person a "cis" male or a "cis" female adds an unneeded qualifier. Adding the word "trans" as a qualifier for people claiming to be the opposite sex IS the compromise. If you are a man who identifies as a woman, you are not a real woman... you are a trans woman. And if you don't think there is anything wrong with being a trans woman, there is no need to invent a made up term like cis to justify yourself. Trans women are not real women nor are trans men. They are there own unique category.

by Anonymousreply 100January 28, 2018 2:56 PM

R100, that's like saying there's no reason to have a term for straight men and women. That straight is the default and we can just call them men and women and if someone is gay then we label them a gay man or woman, but there's no reason to add the extra qualifier back to men and women because straight is what is "normal." It's the same thing.

Cis is just the equivalent.

by Anonymousreply 101January 28, 2018 3:23 PM

R64, don't forget the overlap with MRA/pedos.

by Anonymousreply 102January 28, 2018 3:25 PM

It certainly seems like a split has occurred already, and not because we didn't try to get along. Just a completely different agenda, nothing personal, good-bye. Time to stop being whiny apologists and bitter whatevers and move on. I will not miss the drama.

by Anonymousreply 103January 28, 2018 6:29 PM

Whatever it takes to get us i separate camps is a-okay with me.

by Anonymousreply 104January 28, 2018 6:31 PM

R99, you poor poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 105January 28, 2018 6:49 PM

What happened to the German women on New Year’s? Were they cissed off?

by Anonymousreply 106January 28, 2018 7:17 PM

Using 'cis' is like telling everyone that the color black no longer exists and must now be called 'spectral absence'. Sorry, we already have a word for that color...black.

by Anonymousreply 107January 28, 2018 7:51 PM

[quote]Cis is just a synonym for biological.

No it's not because that would mean that a trans woman is actually a cis man because he is, in fact, a bio male.

R101 straight is not the same thing because gay, lesbian, bi and straight are all sexual orientations. They're all still men or women. Cis is not a sexual orientation and doesn't really mean anything except not trans.

I'm not sure why the word cis was even included in the phrase “cis white gay men” in whatever statement the students are trying to make. Are they saying there aren't enough lesbians or people of color or trans people in the group? Would gay white men be OK if they identified as trans gay white men?

When language is used with the intent to muddle issues rather than clarify them then it fails. Cis fails and so does queer for different but similar reasons.

by Anonymousreply 108January 28, 2018 8:38 PM

That “assigned at birth” shit pisses me off. No, the doctor looked down and saw a penis or vagina. What is trans, 2% of the population? That’s like if a person had a two percent predisposition for cancer referring to them as a cancer patient.

And that fuck that “cis” noise. There are also people with the mental illness that makes them think they should be paraplegics. Are we supposed to now consider ourselves humans who identity as able bodied? No, because that’s very very rare. If fifty percent of the population identified as “disabled” that would be a different story that could warrant making that distinction.

by Anonymousreply 109January 28, 2018 9:04 PM

Keep in mind that trans make up an insignificant % of the population. The people making noise and pushing for this bullshit and are as always college leftist radicals and the 'professional' outrage activists. They make a living out of this shit you know, for them it must be nice to multitask a little away from race-baiting.

by Anonymousreply 110January 28, 2018 9:15 PM

[quote] Keep in mind that trans make up an insignificant % of the population. The people making noise and pushing for this bullshit and are as always college leftist radicals and the 'professional' outrage activists.

And we moral exhibitionists who know we can get away with any sort of hidden corruption if we keep everybody's attention on crap like this..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111January 28, 2018 9:24 PM

Aren’t they like point 6 % of the population. I mean for fucks sake.

by Anonymousreply 112January 28, 2018 9:25 PM

[quote]That “assigned at birth” shit pisses me off. No, the doctor looked down and saw a penis or vagina.

Yep. It's not like the doc just said, "OK, all the babies born on the first half of my shift will be girls today, and the rest will be boys."

by Anonymousreply 113January 28, 2018 9:31 PM

R109 where did you dream up those crazy percentages? Do you live in cray-cray Phillipines?

by Anonymousreply 114January 28, 2018 9:39 PM

How much % of the population do you have to be before your life matters?

by Anonymousreply 115January 28, 2018 9:43 PM

R114, I only gave an example of percentage and it’s actually lower than I stated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116January 28, 2018 9:44 PM

Do those numbers break it down by sexual orientation?

I knew that the more they tried to downplay the gay part of LGB-and-all-the-stuff-that-doesn't-fucking-belong the sooner they would try to sell us out this way.

by Anonymousreply 117January 28, 2018 9:47 PM

R116 number of people 'identifying' as trans will keep increasing because media won't stop pushing them and their agenda down everyone's throats, and there are millions of mentally ill people and dumbfuck college activist types that will jump on that bandwagon just to score progressive points.

by Anonymousreply 118January 28, 2018 9:48 PM

R115, how much of the population do you have to be to start redefining reality for the rest of the population? It would have been like gay people demanding that straight people start calling themselves non-gay. Of course, the irony there is that the trans are trying to define everyone as male and non-male. Fucking misogynists.

by Anonymousreply 119January 28, 2018 9:49 PM

Oh shut up, R115. Nothing about this thread is about whose life matters, despite persecution fetishists like you trying to make it make it seem that way. It’s about whether the identity of 0.6% should change the classification of the other 99.4% of the population.

But I get it. Transgender people are allowed to decide how they wish to refer to themselves but no one else is.

by Anonymousreply 120January 28, 2018 9:52 PM

If they really did [R18] refuse to condemn ISIS because it would be islamophobic then not only are they very very stupid and foolish but their self righteous fervour is destroying the movement for gay equality. Do they actually know what ISIS stands for? There's a saying the lunatics have taken out era the asylum. I just don't understand where they are coming from? Their morality seems to be rooted in nothing substantial.

by Anonymousreply 121January 28, 2018 9:56 PM

The SJWs that fill these kinds of groups remind me so much of being an ignorant, idiotic 13 year old mouthing off about world problems that I understood nothing about. The problem is, people don't just shake their heads and roll their eyes and think, 'Aren't they precious? Wait until they meet the real world." like they used to. They actually take these idiots seriously.

One of the best videos was that one where some groups of SJWs invaded a college classroom and the professors in the front just said, "Fuck this noise." and quietly gathered their papers and left the children to throw their little tantrum. It's actually the same advice they give parents to deal with toddler tantrums...just let them tire themselves out and, whatever you do, don't give them any attention for it.

SJWs = giant toddlers

by Anonymousreply 122January 28, 2018 10:02 PM

The US trans percentage tenders ago was .002%

But as R118 says there are now lots of mentally ill people jumping on the bandwagon.

by Anonymousreply 123January 28, 2018 10:10 PM

R112, part of the problem is that these young activists have grown up with social media, have a strong command of it, and are able to use it to their advantage. Because major media corps look to social media as a Holy Grail of soliciting disposable income of young people, so they treat their social concerns as ones of dominance in the culture. The problem is that they aren’t representative of adults and people in the real world. I’m sure lots of us had radical ideas about social justice that evolved once we had a little life experience. A lot of young people are going to look back ten years from now about how ridiculous they acted. The problem is that it’s having a major impact on the culture now and going lots of unnecessary divide and friction.

by Anonymousreply 124January 28, 2018 10:12 PM

I was responding to R122 not R112

by Anonymousreply 125January 28, 2018 10:31 PM

Lots of people with victim complexes saw the struggle of the gay rights movement and wanted the credibility of being persecuted for socially sympathetic reasons. It’s the same as white teenagers dressing black. They redefine the definition of the LGB group to include things like non-binary which allows them to be a part of the group and talk about what victims they are without having to eat pussy.

by Anonymousreply 126January 28, 2018 10:34 PM

r122 Too bad this guy wasn't there!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 28, 2018 11:15 PM

R108, the thing is "cis" doesn't muddle things- just the opposite. It helps clarify. We need to say cis white gay men, because white gay men would also include white transmen who are gay. Adding "cis" just makes things a little more specific.

I'm a cis white gay man and if you are too (which I assume many in this thread are) I honestly don't see what the problem is. Being cis doesn't demote our social status or cause us to lose any rights. In fact it makes us part of the majority- part of the norm.

by Anonymousreply 128January 28, 2018 11:29 PM

I guess because if a trans man, aka woman is into men, then she's not gay.

by Anonymousreply 129January 28, 2018 11:34 PM

Good to hear the push back against "cis" which only dates back to the 90's and didn't enter the discourse until well into the 2000s. Thanks, but no thanks, to the fabricated new label.

I think the trans brigade has had so much success bullying lesbians (because men, with or without wigs and makeup, are highly skilled at policing women's conduct) they think that gay men will roll over and accept their bullshit terminology.

For R128: A white transman (born female) who prefers sex with males, is not a "white gay man." She is a trans-identified female having heterosexual intercourse. If she doesn't use birth control, she might become pregnant. Gay men of every color have 0% probability of becoming pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 130January 28, 2018 11:39 PM

r128 Do you consider Warren Beatty's kid to be a gay man? Do you think "he" shares your struggles? Or is he a gender tourist which was accidentally said but actually is pretty perfect.

by Anonymousreply 131January 28, 2018 11:45 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132January 28, 2018 11:45 PM

That's a heterosexual woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133January 29, 2018 1:11 AM

Seriously though, as gay men, what if you heard that little Beatty snot say some shit like, "oh it's hurtful to know many of my fellow gay men were stricken down by AIDS in the 80's" or something like that, you'd be furious, right? That's how women feel when these fucking men try to appropriate our struggles.

by Anonymousreply 134January 29, 2018 1:15 AM

Beatty's daughter, who LARPs as a "gay man" is/or has been in a relationship with another woman who LARPs as a "gay man". I don't know if she's had sex with actual men but she reminds me very much of the phenomena of lesbians who trans together in a possibly subconscious but quite obvious belief that they've upgraded from boring old terfy lesbians to fabulous gay trans "men".

by Anonymousreply 135January 29, 2018 2:39 AM

Yeah r135 and given how her father treated women until pretty recently as conquests and whores, it's not really fucking hard to figure out why she doesn't want to be one.

by Anonymousreply 136January 29, 2018 2:42 AM

Beatty's kid was driven crazy by the lunatic left/trans/SJW/gender-studies lunacy. This person speaks non-stop in their jargon. I read something she was saying that was using the jargon of 1970 lunatic fringe "radicals" (who were all rich kids fighting with their fathers under the guise of this political posturing).

by Anonymousreply 137January 29, 2018 3:11 AM

If you're cis and white, you owe them, Don't ask, don't judge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138January 29, 2018 5:29 AM

[quote]I'm a cis white gay man and if you are too (which I assume many in this thread are) I honestly don't see what the problem is.

The issue I have with 'cis' isn't that it differentiates between trans and not trans but that it solidifies the idea of an internal gender. The definition of cis is someone whose gender identity matches the gender they were assigned at birth - but I don't believe gender identity exists, and certainly not as an innate quality. Using the term 'cis' solidifies a view of gender that I think is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 139January 29, 2018 6:19 AM

R128 it doesn't matter to men as much so I can see why you don't mind. Transmen are not a threat to men, because they are women. it's really about redefining womanhood so that men can call themselves women, move into women's spaces, take over womens movements and groups and attack women's rights from the inside.

by Anonymousreply 140January 29, 2018 6:42 AM

And R128 please remember that children who are potential gay and lesbian adults have already been identified as collateral damage by the transactivist movement.

by Anonymousreply 141January 29, 2018 6:50 AM

Sometimes I think we are living in Edward Gibbon’s “Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire” We seem to be the last decadents waiting for the Barbarians to overrun us and destroy us forever.

There are people dying in countries of poverty, starvation , homophobia, torture, AIDS and war and we are discussing what pronouns to use on 0.2 % of our population and how offended they will be if we choose the wrong one? This is where we are as a society?

We seem to forget when we discuss CIS etc that Gays and trans and Queer etc make up at best 10% of the population? Why should the 90% of the population who are not Trans or Gay or Queer use the pronouns we wish to call ourselves.

The madness of minorities, and I am proud to be part of the Gay one , is that we forget by the very definition we are not the majority. But not only do we say our rights are important. In some ways we say our rights are more important than the majority.

How long does a majority take before it lashes out at the minority? We are so consumed with the minority being dominant that we fail to see how unreal this all is to the mass of the majority. How many straight truck divers or fraternities are going to refer to themselves as CIS White Males.? This is why this SJW shit gets mocked.

by Anonymousreply 142January 29, 2018 7:04 AM

[quote]We need to say cis white gay men, because white gay men would also include white transmen who are gay. Adding "cis" just makes things a little more specific.

[quote]the word 'cis' is not needed. Man and woman are all the identifiers that are needed

We DON'T need "cis" as a specifier. We ALREADY have a designation that differentiates the two: The term is TRANS. As in "gay" transman or "lesbian" transwoman. No need to fix something that ain't broken. Unless, of course, there's something ELSE at work here.

The strident activists that are the main culprits in pushing the "cis" project are attempting to re-define language so that people who are syntonic with their birth sex are branded with the "cis" slur while the terms "man" and "woman" are claimed for transpeople ONLY. This is the same group of trans identitarians who wrote the HRC "Safer Sex" guide that,among other things,referred to biological vaginas as "front holes" while claiming the term "vagina" for themselves and declaring cross-dressers and BDSM fetishists as members of the "trans" community.

This is not about what's in the best interests of individual transpeople. NO ONE elected, ordained or gave consent that would allow these activists to declare themselves proxies of the "trans community". This is a social/political project that is firmly rooted in a resentful, authoritarian, postmodern, neo-Marxist ideology that has no internal logic, coherence and is unverifiable. It is anti-female,anti-homosexual, anti- SCIENCE and PARASITIC.

by Anonymousreply 143January 29, 2018 7:25 AM

Bravo r143 couldn’t agree more.

The saddest thing about this whole thing is that Trans people have to come to terms with many things. But given how private and conservative many of them seem to be. ( Ok entirely my thoughts , but still) How mortifying must it be for everyone to discuss you and your feelings, must be totally fucked.

We speak as though we meet Trans people every hour if every day.. This total bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 144January 29, 2018 10:13 AM

Why are the subcontinental girls the most uppity?

Is it the inter-generational trauma associated with their female ancestors being thrown on pyres?

by Anonymousreply 145January 29, 2018 10:29 AM

it's a game where straight men can pretend they are some kind of 'minority.' And they can't even be bothered to attempt to change their voices anymore, or shave.

by Anonymousreply 146January 29, 2018 11:12 AM

what is this grifter bullying demanding $20 or free turkeys? Gross.

by Anonymousreply 147January 29, 2018 11:14 AM

they use language from the gay and women's movements to fool people to think they are something progressive when they are actually homophobic and sexist. Most people do not follow it through to see it is contradictory/makes no sense.

"assigned from birth " is taken from the hermaphrodites/intersex. It makes sense in their cases, but it makes zero sense re trans. But people do not point out how they twist language.

by Anonymousreply 148January 29, 2018 11:41 AM

I believe the twisting of language and reality and the criminalizing of language is the whole point of T. They are chaos agents, funded by the chaos agent puppet master, Soros. They are also heavily funded by drone manufacturers and the US military. Surely there is a return on investment expected?

This is not an organic movement. Where did the research behind all of the hypno sissy porn come from? Search trans and parents and see the enormous T media push to parents from magazines to blogs to picture books. Parents who resist are told their kid will kill him/herself. If parents still resist sterilizing and mutilating their minor child, they may lose custody.

by Anonymousreply 149January 29, 2018 1:28 PM

true, R149

by Anonymousreply 150January 29, 2018 2:20 PM

R149, I agree.

The Ps are now using the same argument as the Ts....that their “attraction” to children is just another sexual orientation, and it wasn’t long ago that gays and lesbians were considered mentally ill.

There’s a connection between the Ps and the Ts...they all want access to children.

Kids trust women more than they trust men. So when a man is disguised as a woman, he can gain children’s trust more easily.

Just like the Big Bad Wolf dressing up like granny.

The T agenda has been successful. Now the Ps are claiming it. Not much difference between the two.

by Anonymousreply 151January 31, 2018 8:09 PM

[quote] Shahid, described on their Twitter profile as a “Muslim, Feminist, Desi, Queer, Disabled, Trans (they/them)”

What is "Desi"?

(I'll probably regret asking)

by Anonymousreply 152January 31, 2018 8:43 PM

I believe ‘desi’ means South Asian

by Anonymousreply 153January 31, 2018 8:49 PM

You usually hear Desi when people are discussing guys from India etc

by Anonymousreply 154January 31, 2018 9:22 PM

Dezi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155January 31, 2018 10:01 PM

yes R151 and neither care about the harm to kids or leaving G&L orgs in shambles. They destroy these orgs for their own ends, but want association with G&L letters so it appears they are being endorsed by G&L. And if it does appear that way down the road, then it will be the end for G&L rights.

by Anonymousreply 156January 31, 2018 10:08 PM

The moment P gets (back) in with the L&G, L&G Rights are going to go backwards so fast heads will spin.

by Anonymousreply 157January 31, 2018 10:11 PM

yes it will be over.

Either people realizing what a big scandal "transkids" is or P attaching. People will say is this what GAY was all about all along?

by Anonymousreply 158January 31, 2018 10:25 PM

Pedophiles have NOTHING to do with LGBTQ and never will. No one has ever associated the two together and there's no reason for them to start.

Don't try to make your transphobia valid by lumping them in with a disgusting group of criminals.

by Anonymousreply 159January 31, 2018 10:32 PM

Like parasites, pedophiles have tried, (are trying, and will continue to try) to attach their agenda to the gay rights agenda.

They use gay slogans like "Love is Love" and all over the globe try to insert "age of consent" laws changes whenever and wherever they can.

Anyone who has every worked at an LGBT center can recognize the men (always men) who want to "volunteer" with the youth.

Online there are creepy trans-identified men who pretend to "mentor" trans and questioning youth. Their prurient interest is obvious. So, yes, gays and lesbians need to be ever vigilant against pedophiles using the "rainbow" as a cover to procure children.

by Anonymousreply 160January 31, 2018 11:04 PM

[quote] That straight is the default and we can just call them men and women and if someone is gay then we label them a gay man or woman, but there's no reason to add the extra qualifier back to men and women because straight is what is "normal."

That is a stupid example. Sexual orientation is different than sex. When discussing someone's sexual orientation, applying terms like "heterosexual" or "gay" is adding a descriptive qualifier that necessitates differentiating words.

We are a sexually dimorphic species. There are two sexes that are predetermined at the genetic level. Genetic abnormalities and disorders can sometimes mask a person's biological sex, but that is like arguing there is no such thing as a healthy human being because disorders like hemophilia or cystic fibrosis exist.

If you are a feminine man who likes stereotypical female things (stereotypical as society has defined it), you are still a man. If you are a man who is attracted to men, that does not make you any less of a man. Now if you are man claiming to be a woman (or something other than your real sex), you are still a man, but this is where the qualifier of trans is necessary: you are a trans "woman" i.e. not a real woman but a separate category unto itself. You can feel like you are the "wrong" sex, but you will always be that sex regardless. A man who wants to be a woman will never truly be a woman, but we can respect their viewpoint and experience as a trans "woman" without having to make up words like "cis" that add redundant qualifiers.

It is like a saying I am "man male." It is unneeded, whereas the trans qualifier is (because they are not really the sex they are claiming) is needed.

I am not a gay cis man. I am gay man. A woman who feels like man but is attracted to men is not a gay man. She is heterosexual woman or a gay trans "man."

by Anonymousreply 161February 1, 2018 12:52 AM

"Assigned by birth" equals "assigned by reality".

Fuck that "cis" and "front hole"' bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 162February 1, 2018 8:29 AM

Reality is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 163February 1, 2018 4:43 PM

Of course another reason I don't think we need the "cis" word is that the only reason is exists is to excuse the term "trans woman" [Don't even pretend it was 'trans men' who felt so driven to force this on people]

We don't need the term "cis woman" because "trans woman" shouldn't even exist: An adult male human is not and cannot be, in any way, any type of adult human female.

by Anonymousreply 164February 2, 2018 4:43 AM

[quote] What college is this?

It's being held at the University of Westminster this year. I waked past their campus today and as Student Pride starts tomorrow there are lots of pride flags outside the main building, which reminded me of this thread. Westminster is a working class university with mostly black and minority ethnic or white working class students. It's really shitty of the NUS to boycott this event in the name of diversity when it's being held at probably one of the most unprivileged and diverse universities in the country! I understand what the NUS is moaning about and we've all complained about the commercialisation of Pride but to boycott a university which is mainly black and working class is really, really fucked.

by Anonymousreply 165February 8, 2018 7:43 PM

I'm proud to be cis gay. Also proud to support my trans brothers and sisters. Gender fluidity is as true as the sexual continuum. Non binary and bisexual both deserve rights and dignity.

by Anonymousreply 166February 8, 2018 7:48 PM

More [bold]#TrannyPanic[/bold]. The title isn't even what the article's about. For those who cannot READ, the reason for the split is:

[quote]They said that Student Pride, a campaigning group which runs an annual conference and careers fair for LGBT+ students, “has become less and less about queer representation and more about profits”.

They only touch on their problem with the leadership as a side note. And of course, if there IS no variety in the group's governing body, that's a legit problem. But that's not what caused the breakup.

by Anonymousreply 167February 8, 2018 7:56 PM

[quote]R161 I am not a gay cis man. I am gay man.

Then why do you sound like such a little bitch?

by Anonymousreply 168February 8, 2018 8:01 PM

r167 Why even cite the cis whiteness though? really? why? They said it so it must be a factor.

by Anonymousreply 169February 8, 2018 8:03 PM

R159 obviously doesn’t know his history.

Probably thinks a tranny threw the first brick at stonewall...*eyeroll*

by Anonymousreply 170February 8, 2018 10:02 PM

[quote]r169 Why even cite the cis whiteness though? really? why? They said it so it must be a factor.

Basically, you're saying, "But I read it on the Internet, so it must be true."

The reporter probably asked if they had other problems with the organization, so they mentioned previous mistrust. But it's not like they're picketing about that....and it's not why they broke with the organization.

by Anonymousreply 171February 8, 2018 11:25 PM

If you don't understand why citing cis whiteness is essential, then you are probably a cis white douchebag. And so of course you miss the whole point.

by Anonymousreply 172February 9, 2018 1:26 AM

[quote] I'm proud to be cis gay. Also proud to support my trans brothers and sisters. Gender fluidity is as true as the sexual continuum. Non binary and bisexual both deserve rights and dignity.

Gender fluidity is not a thing. You are either male or female. How you express yourself is irrelevant. Every single person alive today is "gender fluid," a bull shit term itself, because no man or woman adheres to exact gender stereotypes... unless you are trans. You are not a cis gay. You are a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 173February 9, 2018 1:37 AM

I have many non binary and genderqueer civil rights SUPERSTARS who fight in military. Fighting for your freedom and safety. Our blanket of safety is a product of their courage. Service makes us strong. GoTransVets.

by Anonymousreply 174February 9, 2018 1:39 AM

Fuck off r172, if it's not part of the problem then why is it being cited is what I'm asking? It is part of the problem which makes them the douchebags for discriminating against a white male.

by Anonymousreply 175February 9, 2018 2:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!