Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Breaking! Canadian Billionaire Couple Murdered According to Private Investigators

The billionaire husband and wife found hanging side-by-side in their posh Toronto home last month were both murdered, according to a bombshell report citing a team of private investigators on Saturday.

Multiple killers played a role in the deaths of Barry and Honey Sherman — contrary to the widely-circulated murder-suicide theory initially leaked by law enforcement, sources told CBC News, citing a parallel probe by a team of investigators hired by the couple’s family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 27, 2018 6:24 AM

While earlier media reports suggested they died by hanging, sources say that is incorrect. They were found in a seated position at the side of a pool in a lower level of the house, with their legs facing away from the pool. The belts were around the neck, with the end of the belt through the buckle and pulled tight. The free end of each belt was then looped or tied around a low railing that surrounds the pool. Sources say a working theory of the private team probing the deaths is that the Shermans were strangled by the belts, then the belts were attached to the railing, holding them in a seated position.

Sources with intimate knowledge of the Sherman family’s investigation have used words like “professional,” “contract killing,” and “staged homicide” to describe the scene.

A key finding discovered in Chiasson’s autopsy were marks on both Barry and Honey Sherman’s wrists, an indication that each person’s wrists were bound together at some point, likely with rope or a plastic strap. An examination of the markings does not clearly determine if the hands were bound in front or behind. Their hands were not bound when the bodies were discovered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 21, 2018 12:00 PM

Continuation by OP (Warning Disturbing Details)

The private investigators have found evidence that both Barry and Honey Sherman had their necks wrapped with leather belts that were then knotted around a handrail that runs adjacent to the pool, the source told CBC Toronto.

A coroner previously ruled that the couple had died from "ligature neck compression," or strangulation. Their wrists showed evidence that they had been, at one point, bound together. No rope or other materials that could have been used to tie their wrists were discovered, the source told CBC Toronto.

Their bodies were otherwise limp and their arms unbound when they were discovered, the source said. The day the Shermans were found police said that there was no evidence of forced entry into the home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 21, 2018 12:01 PM

DLers said they were murdered when this story first broke!!

by Anonymousreply 3January 21, 2018 12:30 PM

It’s too hard for me not to gloat. I KNEW IT.

And how long were these belts? Granted we are not gay people, so my husband and I have relatively short leather belts. Maybe they could be used to strangle a person, but there wouldn’t be enough left over to knot around a railing. Or are they talking about lengths of supple leather that could be used as a belt but are for all practical reasons a leather rope,

Because this is what I think of as “leather belt”:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 21, 2018 12:34 PM

^^ “we are not FAT people”. Whoops.

by Anonymousreply 5January 21, 2018 12:35 PM

This is a surprise to no one, except apparently the police.

by Anonymousreply 6January 21, 2018 12:38 PM

Are those cops incompetent or trying to cover the murderers

by Anonymousreply 7January 21, 2018 12:50 PM

All of the details provided in the press certainly made it sound nothing like a murder suicide. Are the Toronto police known for being either incompetent or paid off?

by Anonymousreply 8January 21, 2018 1:42 PM

R8, not that I’m an EXPERT or anything, but the details revealed weren’t the least bit indicative of murder-suicide. Or not that any murder-suicide I’ve ever heard of.

by Anonymousreply 9January 21, 2018 1:46 PM

I remember reading his business was in trouble. The facility in India had problems with contamination. The UK would not take shipments of their drugs unless they were on world wide shortage. Also, I noticed the Shermans gave very little to charity recently.

Something is still not adding up here.

I read that Honey's autopsy revealed she must have fought off her attacker as she had a cut on her lip and was found in a pool of blood.

by Anonymousreply 10January 21, 2018 4:11 PM

Nancy Bélanger tells court she’ll decide by Feb. 2 whether to keep investigating Sherman’s cash-for-access fundraiser featuring Justin Trudeau

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 21, 2018 4:35 PM

Where are the "it was them refugees" trolls. Must be sleeping in.

by Anonymousreply 12January 21, 2018 4:43 PM

I don't think anyone said it was refugees. People seemed to think it was a hit job.

by Anonymousreply 13January 21, 2018 4:48 PM

Toronto police have a less than stellar success rate when it comes to solving murder cases. In fact, as per usual, the police union is whining about needing more officers for this very reason. This case hardly strengthens their case. At best, many of them are paid thugs. Hell, a few years back the head of the police union, one of the numerous McCormick's in the police force, went to discuss "tactics" with the frinking LAPD, well known of course for their own busload of problems.

by Anonymousreply 14January 21, 2018 4:50 PM

Their last moments must've been terrifying. They were by all accounts generous and down-to-Earth people; Honey in particular came off as very sweet and normal in that dancing video someone posted. What an awful way to go. RIP

by Anonymousreply 15January 21, 2018 6:20 PM

Yes. I wonder if they will catch the culprits.

by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2018 6:28 PM

I spotted this article few days ago. Policing doesn't sound like a great career to me:

New numbers show 86 officers have resigned from Toronto Police, with 52 leaving to work for another force.

Amanda Grant - CBC News

January 11, 2018

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 21, 2018 7:06 PM

Apparently Serial Mom got a look at the woman's eyebrows and understandably had to do something about it,

Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 18January 21, 2018 7:09 PM

The woman looks like she was once a man, and the man looks like he was once a woman. They must have been very compatible. RIP

by Anonymousreply 19January 21, 2018 7:33 PM

As with so many stories, we probably won’t ever know what really happened. But I think they were murdered by professionals and it had to do with Israel and/or money.

I cannot believe anyone thinks it was murder/suicide.

by Anonymousreply 20January 21, 2018 9:27 PM

Police have confirmed they're double homicides, and targeted.

The latter is interesting

by Anonymousreply 21January 26, 2018 6:06 PM

I wonder if big Pharma had them killed.

by Anonymousreply 22January 26, 2018 9:45 PM

Enty Knew

𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐌

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Right after the calendar turned to 2018, he was going to talk. He had to talk. He didn't want to go to jail for lying. He was going to have to talk to investigators in his own country. When they asked where the money was going and who he was paying and that secret installation out in the middle of his country, that is where things were going to get more interesting. Investigators from the US would then be called in and that would set off alarm bells all over the place.

Who is the he mentioned in the first paragraph? If you live in his country, you might not know his name but you knew his company. You knew his products. Almost every single person had probably used one of his products. People from all over the world used his products. It is why he was very very rich. He also had a lot of charities he supported. People also gave his charities money. He was very interested in creating products for people that his charities supported. That is how The Church became involved with him. That is the "product" that was created.

Why was he going to talk to investigators? He got busted. He got busted for paying off people he shouldn't have paid off and he gave them a lot of money. He gave them enough money to do his bidding for the rest of his days. When investigators asked him did he give any money to anyone else he would answer yes. They would go through the list and one of those names was going to make some ears go up and some telephone calls made. Lets call that name F.

Why did he give money to F? He wanted to try a new product. A product he had been testing not only in poor countries around the world, but also testing in a facility in the middle of his own country, away from prying eyes. Did he have permission to test it there? No. Those indigenous people thought they were signing up for something completely different for that money they were being paid.

He finally got the product mastered and wanted to be able to sell it to the world. He thought of a way to do that and make a big splash. That is where F comes in. He gave a huge amount of money to F to get his product into a country at a time when all eyes were focused on that country. He wanted every news story to have pictures of his product and people talking about his product. That all happened. He got his wish and the product flew off the shelves. It flew off so quickly that it was easy to forget the early stages of the product that killed people in other countries and his own country.

When faced with all of that in front of him, when he would have nothing left to save himself, the only thing he could possibly offer up was The Church. So, they killed him. Period. And now? That pesky investigation that was scheduled to happen is about to be called off. No one is going to ask any questions about anything.

Company owner: Bernard Sherman (and wife Honey found dead)

Home country: Canada

Company: Apotex (products)

F: Justin Trudeau (Some suggest Bill Clinton's HIV "charity"

Product: Apo-triAvir (generic HIV/AIDS drug)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 27, 2018 12:00 AM

I'm from Canada. While I don't know information about the Shermans specifically, I do have a close friend who works for Apotex who got drunk and spilled the tea about their shady dealings. With drugs on the market, each country has its own regulations about what the shelf life of those medications are. After it expires in one country, they collect it and ship it to another whose shelf life is longer. It goes along the chain until no where will sell it because it's so expired. At that point they donate it somewhere like Africa and then get a tax write off for the full value of the drugs - so they look like they give a shit while they're actually just lining their pockets. The main drug that my friend mentioned was the AIDS cocktail.

by Anonymousreply 24January 27, 2018 6:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!