Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A New "48 Hours" on Aaron Hernandez - Will They De-Gay Him?

I guess we'll know soon. It's on at 10 pm ET on CBS.

Would you prefer this aspect of his life be glossed over?

by Anonymousreply 85January 22, 2018 9:46 PM

I think the cock is already out of the zipper.

by Anonymousreply 1January 21, 2018 1:36 AM

it is a sensational aspect of the story - of course they will mention it

no one could say it when he was a heroic football player, though

by Anonymousreply 2January 21, 2018 1:37 AM

when is it going to be on?

by Anonymousreply 3January 21, 2018 1:38 AM

Oh man, I wish I was making this. The jail sex scenes with Kyle Kennedy after lights out would be so grimey yet passionate. I know Aaron was a dominant, merciless lay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 21, 2018 1:38 AM

R2 10 pm tonight, Eastern Time, Jan 20.

by Anonymousreply 5January 21, 2018 1:39 AM

Oops, that was for R3.

by Anonymousreply 6January 21, 2018 1:50 AM

Thank you OP. I had no idea that this was going to be on tonight. I followed his trial, and I took part in the post suicide threads here so I am dying to see what they will say about his "close friend/s."

by Anonymousreply 7January 21, 2018 1:54 AM

I'll be watching

by Anonymousreply 8January 21, 2018 1:55 AM

Oh wait there’s no sex on 48 Hours. I’m thinking of American Crime Story.

by Anonymousreply 9January 21, 2018 1:57 AM

The ads are mentioning his "secret life - and you don't know the half of it!"

by Anonymousreply 10January 21, 2018 2:00 AM

Hmmmm...It's hosted by James Patterson and based on his book about A.H.

Somehow I'm doubting Patterson looked too deeply into gay affairs.

by Anonymousreply 11January 21, 2018 2:07 AM

Watching. Thanks, op.

by Anonymousreply 12January 21, 2018 2:10 AM

CTE is BS, no?

by Anonymousreply 13January 21, 2018 2:11 AM

Patterson’s spittle is bothering me.

by Anonymousreply 14January 21, 2018 2:17 AM

Only if BS stands for “bye, synapse!”

by Anonymousreply 15January 21, 2018 2:18 AM

No mention of his childhood friend so far...I can’t remember his name.

by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2018 2:19 AM

They didn't mention that the shady friends he started hanging out with after his father died were actually his Aunt's (father's sister) husband and his scuzzy friends. His Aunt is a piece of shit. She hid the silver SUV in her garage that he used to murder those two men

by Anonymousreply 17January 21, 2018 2:26 AM

Ryan McDonnell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 21, 2018 2:26 AM

I still wanna have hot thug sex with Bradley but I'd be scared the whole time

by Anonymousreply 19January 21, 2018 2:27 AM

No mention of Ryan so far. Hmm.

by Anonymousreply 20January 21, 2018 2:29 AM

I loved the part where they just talked about the text messages from the guy who Aaron shot in the face. Aaron shoots this guy in the eye, dumps him out of the vehicle and into a parking lot - to die AND the victim refuses to tell the police who shot him and left him to die. Then he messages Aaron, Why did you do that to me. I still miss you and watch videos of us together. James Patterson said something like, "what was that about"?

by Anonymousreply 21January 21, 2018 2:32 AM

Aw, they look cute together at r18!

by Anonymousreply 22January 21, 2018 2:32 AM

i miss the bulge

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 21, 2018 2:45 AM

Football is to blame, y'all!

by Anonymousreply 24January 21, 2018 2:50 AM

R23 You know Aaron wanted Tom's hand to slip a little lower.

by Anonymousreply 25January 21, 2018 2:50 AM

I'm now convinced Aaron had a sexual relationship with Bradley.

"I love and miss you bro and I still watch videos of us together."

What thug sends that to another thug? Aaron was a little hoe wasn't he.

by Anonymousreply 26January 21, 2018 2:52 AM

The only honest statement so far was the semi-pro football coach stating that Odin knew personal things about Aaron.

by Anonymousreply 27January 21, 2018 2:52 AM

I thought Aaron was hookimg up with the blind guy too.

by Anonymousreply 28January 21, 2018 2:53 AM

Wow—no mention of Ryan or Kyle Kennedy at all. Talk about straight wash. How homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 29January 21, 2018 2:56 AM

Odin Lloyd was killed because he knew Aaron was gay or bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 30January 21, 2018 2:58 AM

That was garbage. That was complete garbage.

by Anonymousreply 31January 21, 2018 2:59 AM

Wow, not a word.

OP here. My apologies if I caused any of you to waste an hour. Like R2, I couldn't imagine how it would be possible not to even [italic]mention[/italic] it.

This was unbelievably bad investigative journalism. Patterson may write mysteries well, I don't know, but he sure as fuck can't solve one.

by Anonymousreply 32January 21, 2018 2:59 AM

Or Odin was one of Aaron's thots.

That sucked, no mention of anything juicy and it looks like Pattersons book wont even touch his personal life. But the advertisers knew what they were doing, sucking in the gay audience by saying "Shocking secret life" and that shocking "secret life" turned out that he was a thug.

uhm

DUH

that wasnt a secret.

by Anonymousreply 33January 21, 2018 3:00 AM

The most sensational part of the Aaron Hernandez saga was omitted.

by Anonymousreply 34January 21, 2018 3:01 AM

Shame on 48 Hours.

by Anonymousreply 35January 21, 2018 3:01 AM

This show added absolutely nothing new and served no purpose other than to plug Patterson's book which, if this is any example, is poorly researched and written.

by Anonymousreply 36January 21, 2018 3:03 AM

I was going to buy Pattersons book. now i'm definitely not going to unless someone reports he didn't copy and paste news articles about shit everyone already knew about and made a book out of it.

by Anonymousreply 37January 21, 2018 3:07 AM

Bet you all wish I made this instead.

by Anonymousreply 38January 21, 2018 3:11 AM

Don't feel bad, OP/R32. Your title suggested they might "de-gay" him. You were right.

by Anonymousreply 39January 21, 2018 3:21 AM

Lmao, I’m sure he researched. Just cuz his research didn’t reveal any bisexuality doesn’t mean you all have to throw a fit that your fantasies are just that.

by Anonymousreply 40January 21, 2018 3:25 AM

Thanks for bumping our ratings tonight, gals!

by Anonymousreply 41January 21, 2018 3:27 AM

Oh, the thread wouldn't be complete without a 'phobe like R40.

Truth Fairy? You wouldn't recognize the truth if it walked up and slapped you in the face.

by Anonymousreply 42January 21, 2018 3:29 AM

R42= DL Resident Snappy Phrase Maker

by Anonymousreply 43January 21, 2018 3:34 AM

Just block em R42. I did.

by Anonymousreply 44January 21, 2018 3:39 AM

He was straight.

by Anonymousreply 45January 21, 2018 3:43 AM

Another one here who was going to buy the book...I didn't realize that the author was THE cheesy mystery author, James Patterson.

by Anonymousreply 46January 21, 2018 3:53 AM

I need to look more into that Bradley guy.

by Anonymousreply 47January 21, 2018 3:54 AM

Well, R45, the gay rumors come from several sources. The 100% straight claim mainly comes from his baby mama, who even slipped on Dr Phil saying, "Whether this is true or not..." admitting she had no way of knowing.

by Anonymousreply 48January 21, 2018 3:55 AM

R48, why do you bother?

by Anonymousreply 49January 21, 2018 4:01 AM

Just ignore them. Not worth your time.

by Anonymousreply 50January 21, 2018 4:02 AM

What r49 said... and r50

by Anonymousreply 51January 21, 2018 4:03 AM

Thanks, R39. But I thought they might briefly mention it, then gloss over the topic. Or, at the worst, they'd bring up the prison lover - the one who got the $50,000 watch - and try to discredit him and discount the others.

But not a word.

Maybe the prohibition against star athletes being gay extends even after death in the NFL.

by Anonymousreply 52January 21, 2018 4:10 AM

OK, I get the message R49 through R51. Don"t feed the trolls.

by Anonymousreply 53January 21, 2018 4:19 AM

With Hernandez's wife suing the NFL and Odin's mother suing the estate, do you blame Patterson and the network for avoiding the gay insinuations? These are some litigious people and I get the feeling it's only beginning.

by Anonymousreply 54January 21, 2018 4:28 AM

Has Kyle talked yet?

by Anonymousreply 55January 21, 2018 5:50 AM

He was fine as hell and probably a sweet and tender lover. Just got caught up in a bad situation coupled with homophobic NFL and such. People were starting to try to blackmail him I believe due to all the money he was worth... Poor guy..

by Anonymousreply 56January 21, 2018 6:30 AM

[quote][R23] You know Aaron wanted Tom's hand to slip a little lower.

So did Tom.

R23's post:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 21, 2018 6:38 AM

i saw NO mention of his being gay/bi......i think it was a fairly balanced look at his life.....his pops dying unexpectedly really fucked him up....all in all a very sad story of traumatic brain injury and the rage it can cause....

i also cannot stand james patterson.....he has other people write his books for him and has for quite a long time....he's a poseur anymore... ************************************************************************************************************************************ For the novels on which he works with co-authors (some recruited from his days at J. Walter Thompson, some recommended by other writers, one a former New York City doorman), Patterson sends his collaborator an outline, then revises the resulting manuscript multiple times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 21, 2018 7:12 AM

[quote]i saw NO mention of his being gay/bi

Of course you saw "NO mention of his being gay/bi."

Did you read the topic of the thread or are brain damaged, like your beloved hero?

by Anonymousreply 59January 21, 2018 7:28 AM

Exactly right, r58. Patterson now has a large stable of ghostwriters, he sends one of them a synopsis or outline, that person writes the book, he makes his edits and it's off to the printer. A very successful formula that has nothing to do with artistry but has made him rich. He's brilliant as a marketer and businessman but not as a writer. It's a writing farm and he's a smart farmer.

by Anonymousreply 60January 21, 2018 7:42 AM

R59 ......AR is not my "beloved hero" but it sounds like he may be yours.....and TBI is no joke Jasper.....I wonder how much Tau is in your brain right now???

by Anonymousreply 61January 21, 2018 7:50 AM

Was Aaron Hernandez gay? Rumors about the former Patriot tight end’s sexuality are once again swirling after a letter he sent to prison officials requesting a cellmate Hernandez called “my heart” went public this week.

Five letters handwritten by Hernandez, who hanged himself in his cell last month, were released to CNN by the Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center in Massachusetts following a Freedom of Information Act request. Though the names of specific prisoners Hernandez referred to in the letters were redacted, the nicknames he gave them were not.

"So, please make this happen," Hernandez wrote, according to a CNN report. "I even prefer to move in with (name redacted); me and him are very close and have been since the streets and that's FACT, not bullshit. He's my heart and like a real brother to me that's why I want and am requesting to go upstairs and live with him."

Hernandez left three suicide notes when he killed himself April 19 — one for his 4-year-old daughter, one for fiancé Shayanna Jenkins Hernandez and the third for his gay prison lover, according to media reports by Newsweek, The Daily Mail and others.

Hernandez’s gay prison lover was reported to be 22-year-old Kyle Kennedy, who is currently serving time for armed robbery.

Kennedy’s lawyer has told the media the two were close, but declined to comment on the exact nature of the pair’s relationship. Hernandez’s fiancé has denied rumors that he was gay and said Hernandez did not leave a suicide note for his rumored lover.

“You never approach any situation by accusing,” she said. “So I asked, he told me [that it wasn’t true] and that was it.”

Some have pointed to the rumors of Hernandez’s bisexuality as cause for his suicide. Less than a week before committing suicide, Hernandez was found not guilty of a 2013 double murder of Safiro Furtado and Daniel de Abreu.

Hernandez was serving life in prison without the possibility of parole on his 2015 conviction of the murder of his friend, semi-professional football player Odin Lloyd. His lawyers had planned to fight the conviction on appeal, but since Hernandez died before the automatic appeal could be rendered, a judge vacated the conviction earlier this month.

by Anonymousreply 62January 21, 2018 7:53 AM

He hasn’t written anything good (or pretended to) in two decades. Isn’t he also the master of the 3 page chapter?

by Anonymousreply 63January 21, 2018 7:53 AM

[quote] I'm now convinced Aaron had a sexual relationship with Bradley. "I love and miss you bro and I still watch videos of us together."What thug sends that to another thug? Aaron was a little hoe wasn't he.

That was really revealing. But did you notice James Patterson's comment after they mentioned that? I have a feeling the book will go into this and other things further, but they just didn't mention it on 48 Hours

by Anonymousreply 64January 21, 2018 8:07 AM

[quote]I'm now convinced Aaron had a sexual relationship with Bradley.

Oh, please. You didn't need convincing, Bruce.

[quote]He was fine as hell and probably a sweet and tender lover. Just got caught up in a bad situation coupled with homophobic NFL and such. People were starting to try to blackmail him I believe due to all the money he was worth... Poor guy..

Yup...that pretty much sums up this thread. Good one.

by Anonymousreply 65January 21, 2018 9:22 AM

Ultimately who cares? Aaron was a product of the environment and the times. I hope all of us still on this Earth learn from his story and progress.

by Anonymousreply 66January 21, 2018 11:29 AM

The narrative was that he has “CTE” that’s why he went crazy.

by Anonymousreply 67January 21, 2018 3:15 PM

[quote]Ultimately who cares? Aaron was a product of the environment and the times. I hope all of us still on this Earth learn from his story and progress.

How can we or people progress when the gay element of someone’s story, which is always the catalyst of a man’s mental breakdown because of internal and external homophobia is removed?

by Anonymousreply 68January 21, 2018 3:17 PM

[quote] The narrative was that he has “CTE” that’s why he went crazy.

Well how can that be? He, his lawyers and everyone around Aaron say he was innocent and didn't kill anyone. If you are innocent of a crime, why would his medical status matter at all?

I have a feeling Aaron's scumbag family will use the "he didn't do it" defense during the wrongful death civil trials that will proceed against his estate

by Anonymousreply 69January 21, 2018 4:00 PM

That’s what I took away from the 48 Hours last might, R69. I think that was their aim. They kept mentioning his CTE and his irradic behavior (ie, spilled drink setting him off).

by Anonymousreply 70January 21, 2018 4:02 PM

Even if he didn’t do it, (I think he did), they’re goal was to say his brain was damaged. Not that he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 71January 21, 2018 4:04 PM

[quote] Ultimately who cares? Aaron was a product of the environment and the times.

No he wasn't. He was a piece of shit thug who had everything and he fucked it up simply because he wanted to be some thug. He tried to emulate a gang banger. In the end the issue of him probably being gay is just a small part of this. If he were completely straight, he'd have still fucked up his life. Look at the lifestyle he led. Hanging out with trash, carrying guns, doing drugs and murdering two innocent people who spilled a drink on him. He was shit. The world is a much better place with him out of it

There are lots of football players that are probably on the down low. They don't murder anyone.

by Anonymousreply 72January 21, 2018 4:09 PM

Who was the person spilling all the tea, that radio host woman? It's a shame that this story was not covered from a gay perspective in the media. Just like everything it was gay washed. But let some hetero NFL guy be cheating on his wife with another woman and it's front page news.

by Anonymousreply 73January 21, 2018 4:09 PM

[quote]There are lots of football players that are probably on the down low. They don't murder anyone.

Well, accept the gay kids who kill themselves because they have nobody to look up to.

by Anonymousreply 74January 21, 2018 4:56 PM

[quote]It's a shame that this story was not covered from a gay perspective in the media.

I think the murderer narrative was much more acceptable then the gay narrative. There was a lot of talk about how it was better to be thought if as a murderer than gay I read on social media and in the media.

by Anonymousreply 75January 21, 2018 4:58 PM

Lots of homophobia from the people defending Hernandez, a probable murderer, from the gay rumors.

by Anonymousreply 76January 21, 2018 4:59 PM

Am I on any ballot?

by Anonymousreply 77January 21, 2018 8:26 PM

I'm glad we missed this while we watched Zeta-Jones tear up the screen on Lifetime as drug queen Griselda Blanco. A lot of fucking, killing and girl on girl action. LIFETIME.

Pathetic 48 Hours/CBS. still pander to the small minded. Homosexuality still too naughty, CBS?

by Anonymousreply 78January 21, 2018 9:44 PM

[quote] Pathetic 48 Hours/CBS. still pander to the small minded. Homosexuality still too naughty, CBS?

We don't know that. If this was all James Patterson had, he can't have much of a book. There wasn't any new information, except that message from the guy Aaron shot (and who survived). To me, that a bombshell. I have a feeling the book will have a lot more stuff in it than this episode of 48 hours

by Anonymousreply 79January 21, 2018 9:59 PM

Hope so, R79.

by Anonymousreply 80January 21, 2018 10:39 PM

Aaron said he and Bradley were "inseparable" . I'd love to know more about their relationship and how he reconciled this with Ryan who was also very close to him.

by Anonymousreply 81January 21, 2018 11:51 PM

I’m just thinking he hooked up with these guys.

by Anonymousreply 82January 22, 2018 2:13 AM

^ while feverishly masturbating, dear?

If he was ugly and had a small dick you wouldn't be fantasizing that you had a chance to suck his verga

by Anonymousreply 83January 22, 2018 4:48 AM

I hope someone reads the book and reports back. It's always possible Patterson included more and CBS/48 Hours decided to limit the scope of what was covered.

However, since the point was to create interest in the book, it seems you'd include the most interesting elements in the show.

by Anonymousreply 84January 22, 2018 5:00 AM

R84 I have it on hold when it comes in at the library and will report in.

I foolishly Kindled Patterson's Jeffrey Epstein book and it was as someone described above--no new info that hadn't already been reported by various outlets. What a rip-off it was, and I'm not expecting much more with this book.

Which is why I'm borrowing it from the libe

by Anonymousreply 85January 22, 2018 9:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!