Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hollywood Closet Cases

Do you understand why they're not coming out? Or do you think it's pathetic of them to hide? In 2018? Personally I'm torn. On the one hand I wanna scream PATHETIC - especially when it comes to those old queens who already had a career, who are still bearding at 45+. On the other.. it may still be career-ending (?) so maybe I should be more understanding?

by Anonymousreply 208March 20, 2021 11:14 AM

They’re assholes. Gay people will never change. They will always support the closet. A tiny minority are against it. I’m against it completely. But, I’ve resigned to the fact that I will always be on the minority side. The closet is a victimized place. People like to be victims. Coming out and living honestly is a sign of maturity, responsibility and being an adult. Gay people who come from the same harsh environment as the closeted live openly gay, but the closet is easy.

Hate away. This site always does when you’re anti-liar.

by Anonymousreply 1January 19, 2018 10:34 PM

The corporate structure in Hollywood encourages and supports "bearding" not only for gays but for some hets, too.

If this doesn't change, I don't see an increase in people coming out. Same with the sports world. The corporate world rewards bearding and often demands it before opportunities are given.

by Anonymousreply 2January 19, 2018 10:38 PM

R1 I'm also absolutely against the closet (with maybe the one exception: you live in a country where being gay is illegal and you'll be prisoned or death-sentenced). I've also noticed that a lot of people seem to glorify the closet - especially when it comes to celebrities. The guessing-game is what excites them, the "mystery" - once someone comes out they lose interest. The likes of Clooney & Co - they disgust me. They're huge enough not to have a coming out threaten what they have in any way, they could actually encourage others to come out too but instead they decide to hide all their damn life, and with a smug smile on their faces no less.

by Anonymousreply 3January 19, 2018 10:45 PM

R2 If some huge names - those who are already too big to have Hollywood ditch them without a second thought - refused to play this game things would change tho. The industry won't change what works well for them if there is no pressure to do so, it's the HW big names that could make a change.

by Anonymousreply 4January 19, 2018 10:48 PM

okay, you're a gay guy 24 to 34 or around there and you land a nighttime series as the hot guy who's paired with the hot girl.

And you're gay.

Do you come out? and then your character is written out and you never work again b/c casting people don't think you're convincing as a hetero?

or you stay in, run out the five years on the show, invest wisely and never have to worry about money again.

by Anonymousreply 5January 19, 2018 11:19 PM

R4, but from what I see, that Hollywood actor would never have been given the opportunity to become "big" if they didn't first agree to beard.

Someone who already agreed to sign up for marriage and kids as part of the deal to be given an opportunity to become a huge star isn't then going to turn around and drop the charade. The deal has already been made and there are other people involved.

by Anonymousreply 6January 19, 2018 11:24 PM

and then what's next; so you're out; are you involved? are you a top or bottom?

Your fans need to know!

by Anonymousreply 7January 19, 2018 11:25 PM

OP, it depends on whether the actor has made "the final deal". Those who do are unlikely to come out.

by Anonymousreply 8January 19, 2018 11:34 PM

R8 What do you mean with that? Marrying the beard and getting kids?

by Anonymousreply 9January 20, 2018 1:40 AM

This thread is filled with self-hating gays who seem to think being gay is a disease and you should therefore never mention having it to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 10January 20, 2018 1:41 AM

Yes, R9.

by Anonymousreply 11January 20, 2018 1:41 AM

I wonder what the reaction would be if someone like Clooney came out. After bearding for decades, publicly getting married and parading kids around. Would people call him brave or pathetic for lying for so long?

by Anonymousreply 12January 20, 2018 2:11 AM

R12 I don't think people would react positively because the act was taken too far.

by Anonymousreply 13January 20, 2018 2:14 AM

R12 The SJW (straight teenagers) would surely celebrate him, but their standards are non-existent.

by Anonymousreply 14January 20, 2018 2:16 AM

I remember some German late night dude outing Clooney live on TV once and everyone around him got super quiet and flustered, you could tell that no one was surprised but everybody was shocked he said it out loud and would try to brush it over by talking about all kind of random shit afterwards so people would 'forget' the comment. The Clooney play is by far the most embarrassing of them all since absolutely everybody knows he's gay and still happily plays along, congratulating him on the marriage and kids and his lovely straight life.

by Anonymousreply 15January 20, 2018 2:25 AM

R12, he'd be called pathetic, proving gays who come out can never win.

They do it too early and nobody cares or the response is 'gurrlll, we could see your gayness from space!"

Or they do it too late and are chastised for it.

People come out when they're ready.

by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2018 5:28 AM

They should come out. Especially if they're young. Who needs a career?

by Anonymousreply 17January 21, 2018 5:35 AM

It's acting youre fucking pretending to be someone else being gay should not matter!!

by Anonymousreply 18January 21, 2018 5:45 AM

The most pathetic closet cases are the ones who are washed up. Guys like Hayden Christensen who refuse to come out in case their career might take off again are the worst IMO.

by Anonymousreply 19January 21, 2018 5:45 AM

R19, yes, but if he came out now he'd be criticized for coming out when nobody cares. It's a lose/lose situation

by Anonymousreply 20January 21, 2018 5:58 AM

Where is Matt Damon when you need him?

by Anonymousreply 21January 21, 2018 6:11 AM

A lot of these guys would get excoriated by fans as liars and frauds. Even though we all know they would have lost their careers if they hadn’t obeyed the Hollywood system. People are mostly too dense to understand the way Hollywood actually works. Maybe the timesup movement and revealing the town as it really is can help the gays eventually.

by Anonymousreply 22January 21, 2018 6:18 AM

I disagree. I think actors like Christensen would be supported if they finally came out. They're all hoping for a career revival at some point, and don't want to come out as gay in case it might jeopardise that.

by Anonymousreply 23January 21, 2018 6:32 AM

Every closeted gay man in Hollywood needs to come out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 21, 2018 6:55 AM

Well maybe some of the current closet cases will do it Joel Grey style and come out at age 80 when nobody really cares about it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 25January 21, 2018 8:45 AM

Why is there this baseless insistence on Clooney being gay? I don't like him and don't care. I have a friend in NY who said one of her voice students, female, had a fling with him.

by Anonymousreply 26January 21, 2018 10:47 AM

If you want a major career as an actor in Hollywood or TV coming out from the get go is completely idiotic.

Life is not fair and as an actor and in creating an image sacrifices have to be made. If you're not going to want to limit yourself to the stage then you've got to fill the fantasies of the majority of the audience you're working for.

For those outraged by this try spreading your ideals on a cracker.

by Anonymousreply 27January 21, 2018 11:11 AM

Like it or not we still live in a world of make believe and fantasy.

We talk about actors coming out. But let’s be honest here. Most out people who are known to Datalounge are continuously put down, mocked and ridiculed.

Before even a Diver like Tom Daley came out , there were threads about hot he was and if he was or wasn’t Gay. Most seemed to think he was BI. Then he came out and so did the daggers. We ripped him down faster than we could write threads about him.

He went out with the wrong person. He should have gone out with someone more age appropriate. He was a famewhore etc. But his supposedly straight team mate Chris Mears? Well he is a hunk etc , until he comes out.

I am sorry but a star , as opposed to a stage actor is not going to survive in many cases. Things will change, but my mother, who adored Rock Hudson , cannot watch a movie of his without laughing.

Until this changes you have the Closet

Movie Stars also are a business with many people buying into their stock , so to speak. Agents would be very invested in keeping a major actor in the closet.

I am just stating my opinion here.

by Anonymousreply 28January 21, 2018 11:34 AM

I think it will never change as long as romcoms are produced for straight women and marvel movies are still popular among straight men, the closet will remain. This is why the tabloid business is a multi billion dollar empire because fantasy about celebs are been sold to millions of gullible fraus. Also visit any click bait frau central gossip sites, it is mostly about so and so "straight entertainer" dating or engaged to a famous female celeb and straight women fans go crazy arguing among themselves about if they are right for each other or they are soulmates. It is not just movies but in music and showbusiness in general.

by Anonymousreply 29January 21, 2018 1:02 PM

I think R28 pretty much covered it.

by Anonymousreply 30January 21, 2018 5:20 PM

R16, maybe; but I have no lover to hold me at night.

one guy I was with called it a Billy Club; he was trying to help my self-esteem.

I'm just trying to meet someone taller with a big chest and arms; someone who is kind to small children, animals and waitresses; has a sense of humor and 'gets' me

by Anonymousreply 31January 21, 2018 5:26 PM

crap

R31 post was meant for the too small gay dating pool

by Anonymousreply 32January 21, 2018 5:28 PM

OP, contrary to most gay men's belief EVERYBODY hates the gays. Including most gays. These guys need an income. Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 33January 21, 2018 5:38 PM

OP, Some who beard even if they follow through with "marriage" and kids via surrogate are so obvious in their fakery that they couldn't scream any louder that they're not straight and not totally het. I've said on DL before that managers need to start a "Bearding School" to teach actors and their arranged partners how to not look totally foolish when they're supposed to be posing together as a couple. I mean how many clearly made up tales does one need to leak to the paps of how Mr. Movie Star and his contract met and magically experienced instant, lifelong bliss? If that doesn't scream LIAR I don't know what would do so.

by Anonymousreply 34January 21, 2018 6:01 PM

Hollywood is built on lies and fake images. And you are only allowed to join their game when you lie and take on a fake image in order to sell stuff.

Sure, you can be openly gay in Hollywood, but you will not come close to get as rich and famous as the straight guys or the closet cases willing to play by the rules.

[quote]Do you understand why they're not coming out?

I most certainly can when I read all the "Who? He's a nobody!", "Why couldn't it be ...?", "Fuck him!", "What a loser! Obviously his career is in the toilet so he has nothing to lose by coming out!" comments when a celeb comes out.

by Anonymousreply 35January 21, 2018 6:05 PM

R26, DL doesn't officially recognize male bisexuals nor those who are gay today but at one time in their past were gay.

I could also reveal similar stories to yours with a lot more intimate details but DL always shoots it down as unproveable gossip.

by Anonymousreply 36January 21, 2018 6:07 PM

"DL" blow me off, or doesn't answer, when I've asked in the threads (CRUISING) how they knew that Richard Cox (actor who played the Columbia student in Cruising) was gay.....and by the way, you have tons of threads about KEVIN SPACEY, is he a "scapegoat" ?.......I don't understand that big "silence".

by Anonymousreply 37January 21, 2018 6:31 PM

Maybe because he is one of the most underrated actor in the USA....And who cares about him!!!??????

by Anonymousreply 38January 28, 2018 9:54 PM

How's Chastain's "marriage" going? They always look so happy...apart.

by Anonymousreply 39January 28, 2018 10:06 PM

In the 80's and 90's I thought they should come out but now I am old and I really don't think actors trying to make a living owe gay rights or anybody, anything as for declaring their sexual prefences. Not my profession, I don't know the stakes and rules. They can do whatever works for them.

If they come and never make it big, thats sort of sad for me because there won't be any gay actors in big productions and big productions are what I consume. Now the gay ones get to work and I get to enjoy them. Maybe Brad Pitt is bi - at this point I am glad I got to watch him in movies that maybe he would never have made if he had sabotaged his career.

by Anonymousreply 40January 28, 2018 10:06 PM

R5 "or you stay in, run out the five years on the show, invest wisely and never have to worry about money again."

Good point for financially savvy people in the real world, but no actor is smart enough to save and invest. They could be pulling in a few hundred thou for each year on a successful show, but they always spend it all. Maybe the high-flying lifestyle of celeb is too tasty to return to a normal life where you actually pay attention to $$ spent.

Never heard of a has-been actor doing a normal job like accountant either. Except the child actor Charlie from Charlie and the chocolate factory (1960s) became a farm vet. But that's for a different thread.

by Anonymousreply 41January 28, 2018 10:15 PM

Even nowadays, Gay actors don't come out because they know that they can disappoint their "fans". That's why they "play" the straight man : they married women, they adopt children or they look

for surrogate mothers, women beard for them etc etc........And when there are many "gossips about their gay relationships" they come out as "Bisexuals"...which is pathetic!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 42February 3, 2018 9:41 PM

keanu is a closet case and since he usually stays out of the public eye, most people have no interest and no clue. Tomorrow he has a commercial running on the Super Bowl.

by Anonymousreply 43February 3, 2018 10:02 PM

Sometimes, people is not interested anymore not because the artist is in the "closet", but because the talent is not very "present"...KEVIN SPACEY was in the closet for many years and the public was very found of him and not only in the USA but around the world (SPACEY is very "loved and admired" in Europe).

by Anonymousreply 44February 3, 2018 10:12 PM

I love Spacey and I don't see a problem with him, unless he actually raped some young guy.

by Anonymousreply 45February 3, 2018 10:21 PM

You shouldn't use words like "rape" because justice didn't judge him yet and if you think about A.RAPP when you say that, it's easier to accuse someone 30 years later!!!!! Rapp is a "drama queen".

by Anonymousreply 46February 3, 2018 10:27 PM

What?

by Anonymousreply 47February 3, 2018 10:31 PM

Some people like to seduce celebrities and when they don't get what they want ( a job in the entertainment, for instance ) you have a torrent of sexual accusations. That's why we should be careful.

by Anonymousreply 48February 3, 2018 10:35 PM

Women 'beard' for straight men all the time and have been doing it from time in memoriam.

In other words marrying men who don't love them and they don't love them in return. But there are often social and professional pressures which society places on people so that things are smoother for both parties who marry navigating financial and cultural expectations.

Don't just dump this on ambitious queers and the women they marry.

by Anonymousreply 49February 3, 2018 10:42 PM

On the one hand marrying simply for the money seems fine but they often bring children into the mix.

I never thought Clooney was gay, even though I knew he contracted his models...why did he marry this particular woman...what is his plan? Are those really his test tube babies? He is kind of old.

by Anonymousreply 50February 3, 2018 10:48 PM

Straight women who marry men only for money is very ordinary and since ever.....(R49) but everybody knows "bearding" is the favorite gay sport : Rock Hudson married a woman, Elton John married a woman etc..... Women beard most of the time for gay men, it has always been like that.

by Anonymousreply 51February 3, 2018 11:03 PM

"Before even a Diver like Tom Daley came out , there were threads about hot he was and if he was or wasn’t Gay. Most seemed to think he was BI."

No one thought he was "bi" except maybe fangurls. Gay men knew he was gay.

"I love Spacey and I don't see a problem with him, unless he actually raped some young guy."

Have you been in a coma since October? He's a predator and a child molester.

by Anonymousreply 52February 4, 2018 4:03 PM

A "child" ?????? how old is a "child" for you ? because when you are a teenager you are not a child anymore and by the way, in FRANCE when you are 15 years old, you can live your sexuality as you like and which who you want..... "All is relative".

by Anonymousreply 53February 4, 2018 5:54 PM

R53 that may be but guys' brains don't fully mature until they're mid 20s.

Some people are ready for sex at earlier ages than others are.

Guys who are looking for just sex, if they're attractive enough, can find it at most ages.

But some guys are looking for love, they're looking for someone who isn't going to fuck them and never call again; some guys aren't emotionally mature enough t handle sex.

And predators look for those guys because they're easier to get into bed.

It's pretty fucked up to take advantage of someone you know isn't ready for sex.

by Anonymousreply 54February 4, 2018 6:01 PM

I'm choked by the word "rap" because if some people, here, would know (unfortunately) what is a rap they wouldn't call KEVIN SPECEY a "rapist".... He can be a "molester", whatever, but not a rapist. He doesn't need it...

by Anonymousreply 55February 4, 2018 6:54 PM

Don't look at me R8

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 10, 2018 3:12 PM

Nor me either R8

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 10, 2018 3:13 PM

And me too R8

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 10, 2018 3:14 PM

I hate the closet, and I hate that some people feel the have to stay there. But of the Hollywood cases, some of them might be staying closeted for personal rather than finance or career reasons. Family or whatever. Closets who go out of their way to pretend being straight, or who attack us can go get fucked though.

by Anonymousreply 59March 10, 2018 3:23 PM

Keanu isn't gay and has never bearded as far as I know. He doesn't care what people think.

by Anonymousreply 60March 10, 2018 3:36 PM

When you see where the "closet" led Kevin SPACEY....

by Anonymousreply 61January 20, 2019 8:27 PM

R57 Billy's wife is not bearding. She is hot and loves him. Billy on the other hand......

by Anonymousreply 62January 20, 2019 8:35 PM

Tom Cruise Val Kilmer Jake Gyllenhal

Tom Hanks Ryan Reynolds Kirstey Alley

Tom Selleck Matt Damon

Ben Affleck John Travolta

by Anonymousreply 63January 20, 2019 8:37 PM

Kirstey loves The BBC honey. Tammy is not gay either. Tom and Rita are for real.

by Anonymousreply 64January 20, 2019 8:47 PM

How sad for gay actors, unable to live their true lives because of the stigma of being homosexual! I'm hear gays and I support and love u always!

by Anonymousreply 65January 20, 2019 8:54 PM

Hollywood as an entity doesn’t give a shit whether an actor is gay or not, but Hollywood films are increasingly being financed by Asian companies — and Asian countries will NOT tolerate out gay actors. If they’re known to be gay, either the financing gets pulled, countries can ban the showing of films, or audiences stay away. Asia is so lucrative that no Hollywood production company is going to risk losing that source of income. Tom Cruise is still the top-grossing movie star in Asia, which says something.

Being out is removing oneself from the A list, or the possibility thereof, so it’s not surprising that many gay actors would rather be gay socially and not professionally. It’s a business choice, not a political one.

Speaking as a gay man, I personally don’t care if a gay actor is out or not. It’s no longer necessary or relevant.

by Anonymousreply 66January 20, 2019 9:44 PM

O.K but how do you (DL) manage to know who is a "closet case" and of course, who is gay (although when the man is married with a woman) ?

by Anonymousreply 67January 26, 2019 12:57 PM

Hugh and Debbie Jackman have been ripped on DL for ages. They have a loving long lasting marriage. How dare you all lambast them for having a supposed lavender marriage.

by Anonymousreply 68January 26, 2019 1:49 PM

Donovan Scott - the bear who played cadet Barbara in the original Police Academy - among other things. More like glass closet, I guess,

by Anonymousreply 69April 15, 2020 4:31 AM

I respect anyone who comes out of the closet or chooses to stay in it. As an actor, it is is no ones business regarding their sexuality. Since when does sexuality define someone?

by Anonymousreply 70April 15, 2020 4:55 AM

Poor Asians. They get blamed for everything.

White people, am I right?

by Anonymousreply 71April 15, 2020 5:42 AM

[Quote] Since when does sexuality define someone?

Seriously??

by Anonymousreply 72April 15, 2020 8:42 AM

There aren't that many closet cases to begin with. Homosexuality isn't as common as DL fantasises. Those who stay in the closet don't want being gay to alienate potential audiences or be locked out of certain roles. As long as they aren't knocking cocks out of your mouths, why do you care?

by Anonymousreply 73April 15, 2020 8:59 AM

Tom Cruise, Keanu Reeves, Tom Selleck..all closet cases.

by Anonymousreply 74April 15, 2020 10:22 AM

DL takes comfort in believing that certain people are gay who are not. But it doesn't matter because it doesn't affect their lives in any real way.

by Anonymousreply 75April 15, 2020 10:29 AM

It's always the guys they're desperate to fuck too. Tom Cruise is a cult head so he probably is just gulping cum all day for Xenu. Meanwhile rightwing gun nut Tom Selleck is a has been. Nobody needs him on the team.

But Keanu is a schizoid aka the hermit disorder. Doubtful that at his age after not giving a shit his whole career he's decided to take up bearding with that white haired woman. More likely that like most schizoids he has little to no sex drive and no desire to be around people for extended periods. She probably gets that and that's why she's the chosen one.

by Anonymousreply 76April 15, 2020 11:31 AM

[quote]Personally I'm torn.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 77April 15, 2020 11:33 AM

Closeting will not end anytime soon. Everything is shut down for another month, then projects are being cancelled or postponed, movie theaters are going to close, the whole entertainment industry will have to change to fit the pandemicing world.

So work for actors is going to be harder to find than ever, and no actor is going to do anything that might prove to be a disadvantage. The closet doors will stay shut.

by Anonymousreply 78April 15, 2020 11:50 AM

Actors pretend to be who they are not; or neglect to mention who they actually are, in order to be “accepted” by the perceived prevailing norms. To get jobs.

It’s not just gay actors that “closet” the fact they aren’t straight.

There are actors who’ve closeted the fact they are Jews.

Hell, in his Tony acceptance speech, Tony Shalhoub bemoaned actors having to closet the fact that they are Arab.

by Anonymousreply 79April 15, 2020 12:04 PM

People closet their plastic surgery and lipo and mental illnesses and stripper pasts (hi Amber Heard) and sex work and former relationships and ethnicities and race etc etc. It's your life, you don't have to share anything with anyone.

by Anonymousreply 80April 15, 2020 1:11 PM

If someone like Travolta had followed your advise, he would have ended up an air steward and then as he aged out, endes up a struggling masseur. Move strategically kids. There's no medals for coming out. Be smart about when where and how..

by Anonymousreply 81April 15, 2020 1:39 PM

amber heard is such a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 82April 15, 2020 1:52 PM

Were it not for DL, I would never have known about Thom Selleck.

by Anonymousreply 83September 5, 2020 1:04 AM

If they are trying to be romantic leading men, they can't come out and continue being romantic leading men.

As sad a commentary on Hollywood and the film-going public as that is, it's the truth. I won't ask someone to sacrifice his career for who he is and who he loves.

by Anonymousreply 84September 5, 2020 1:27 AM

I just read a headline that Zac Efron has a new girlfriend...

by Anonymousreply 85September 6, 2020 3:36 PM

r3, Isn't George Clooney married to a woman. I'm not being green here, but what guys has he been linked to. Is it because he's hot and didn't get married until in his 50s. He seems to be very self righteous and a die hard progressive. I doubt he'd live a lie.

by Anonymousreply 86September 6, 2020 3:44 PM

99 percent of actors are gay so,no, they should not come out of closet because it would devastate industry and humiliate America. Stop being entitled. It's a privilege for a minority to be allowed to exist. Not to mention it would humiliate their families. Go see a therapist . Mathew Broderick was at the beach with Sarah this weekend. Convincing couple. Not sure why that hag wants more sun damage though.

by Anonymousreply 87September 6, 2020 3:52 PM

Think of the level of contempt there is for Travolta. People want to believe the stars have very romantic lives. People care more about off screen life of actors than that on screen. Tons of people followed the Selena Gomez Justin Bieber romance. People would be disgusted if they knew the truth.

by Anonymousreply 88September 6, 2020 3:59 PM

PR Rep @ r86 trying to engage a poster from 2018 and working on a holiday weekend.

by Anonymousreply 89September 6, 2020 4:01 PM

Anything you want in your fantasy world, R12.

Matt Bomer seems to be a very good example of how this can work. Wasn't he closeted publicly but known to be gay in the industry when he was cast in White Collar? And then he gradually became more open about it.

by Anonymousreply 90September 6, 2020 4:01 PM

Here's a revelation: I have no opinion about how other people choose to live their lives.

by Anonymousreply 91September 6, 2020 4:11 PM

[Quote] Tons of people followed the Selena Gomez Justin Bieber romance. People would be disgusted if they knew the truth.

Two drug addicts who were taken advantage of in their pre-teen years.

by Anonymousreply 92September 7, 2020 12:15 PM

What's the deal with James Corden?

by Anonymousreply 93September 8, 2020 1:59 PM

R93 he’s gross, fug, unpleasant, and exceedingly poor at his job?

by Anonymousreply 94September 8, 2020 8:56 PM

[quote] If they are trying to be romantic leading men, they can't come out and continue being romantic leading men.

See, this logic doesn’t hold.

Look at, say, George Michael. He still had hordes of female fans after he came out. GM concerts in the 00s were replete with females in the crowd cheering and crying.

These people are knowingly held up as fantasy figures. It’s a kind of wilful self-aware cognitive dissonance to watch a performer act or sing or dance heterosexually, and still acknowledge they are unattainable whether because of their orientation or some other reason.

by Anonymousreply 95September 8, 2020 8:59 PM

Was C0rden out at some point? Thought I read that on a thread awhile back.

by Anonymousreply 96September 12, 2020 2:30 AM

that cooper man from str is born of course

by Anonymousreply 97September 12, 2020 2:32 AM

Kenneth Branagh the actor/director so rumor has it

by Anonymousreply 98September 12, 2020 2:33 AM

R95. Just like Asia likes its leading men to be on the whiter end of the spectrum they also like their leading men to be straight. It is one of the biggest foreign markets for movies. The actors are told to be in the closet. Every time an actor has been ' caught' with an escort or porn star it is 9 times out of ten a cover for gay rumours. The Asian market can handle pornstars and escorts it is actually seen as a masculine thing to be admired. Being gay no.

by Anonymousreply 99September 12, 2020 3:22 AM

"Humiliate America" and "their families"? Stfu R87, you homophobic POS.

by Anonymousreply 100September 12, 2020 4:11 AM

"The SJW (straight teenagers) would surely celebrate him, but their standards are non-existent."

Whining about SJWs makes you look like a deplorable. Conservatives like you are to blame for homophobia, not "SJWs"

by Anonymousreply 101September 12, 2020 4:14 AM

Marishka and her husband.

by Anonymousreply 102September 18, 2020 1:14 AM

Um, hello, George is straight. Get over it, bitches, and move on.

by Anonymousreply 103September 18, 2020 1:29 AM

"Look at, say, George Michael. He still had hordes of female fans after he came out. GM concerts in the 00s were replete with females in the crowd cheering and crying."

He wasn't a movie star, though. It's completely different for a pop star. You can be a gay or bi pop star and still have a successful career.

by Anonymousreply 104September 18, 2020 1:38 AM

Yes, George is the straightest straight whoever straighted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105September 18, 2020 1:55 AM

What about O and Gail?

by Anonymousreply 106September 21, 2020 9:43 PM

Lucy L iu?

Sandy O h?

by Anonymousreply 107September 23, 2020 7:36 PM

Richard Madden

by Anonymousreply 108September 23, 2020 7:41 PM

[quote] Every time an actor has been ' caught' with an escort or porn star it is 9 times out of ten a cover for gay rumours. The Asian market can handle pornstars and escorts it is actually seen as a masculine thing to be admired. Being gay no.

Indeed. I still remember my poor dear drinking partner Matsujun becoming embroiled in such a scandal. He came out looking rather grubby and shamefaced. Pity, he was talented sometimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109September 23, 2020 7:45 PM

Hugh Grant

by Anonymousreply 110September 23, 2020 7:48 PM

Patrick Duffy

by Anonymousreply 111September 23, 2020 11:12 PM

R107 Lucy has rumours. Never heard anything about Sandra.

by Anonymousreply 112September 24, 2020 12:25 AM

Amber Heard very well may be a sociopath, but she also encouraged the many gay men in Hollywood she knows "personally" to come out so audiences would realize how many of their fave leading men were cock gobblers. From her 2017 interview with E!:

"I stand here now amongst many of my romantic leading lady peers who are out and fluid... I'm one of many now, and I'm working... If every gay man that I know personally in Hollywood came out tomorrow, then this would be a non-issue in a month."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 24, 2020 1:18 AM

R110 first I’ve heard of it.

by Anonymousreply 114September 24, 2020 10:38 AM

randy fuks george up the ass hole?

by Anonymousreply 115September 24, 2020 10:40 AM

Emma Stone

by Anonymousreply 116September 24, 2020 10:58 AM

Depp is clearly gay. Amber tried to blackmail him but he called her bluff and no one believes her and nobody will Hire her. Maybe she didn't understand that every leading man is bearding.

by Anonymousreply 117September 24, 2020 2:20 PM

Actors,by definition, are gay. They don't need to come out.

by Anonymousreply 118September 24, 2020 2:29 PM

This thread clearly exemplifies why some gays choose to stay in the closet.

Why do gays so viciously choose to hate other gays? How others live their lives really isn't your concern.

by Anonymousreply 119September 24, 2020 2:40 PM

I only comment on those who are garish in their bearding like chicken hawk George.

by Anonymousreply 120September 24, 2020 2:57 PM

Clooney is gross for endorsing and promoting disgusting corporations who use child labour, pushing twinks off cliffs, and ruining beautiful films with awful bit parts.

Gay or straight, he deserves what he gets.

by Anonymousreply 121September 24, 2020 3:02 PM

Clooney, not gay. Get over it, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 122September 24, 2020 3:56 PM

Can someone link to one of the alleged reports of these twinks "falling off" cliffs near Clooney's home?

by Anonymousreply 123September 24, 2020 4:37 PM

Has George's PR arrived? They like to ask for "links".

by Anonymousreply 124September 24, 2020 4:41 PM

R25 I can’t believe Joel Grey didn’t think people knew he was gay. JG=nice jewish boy from Cleveland, ME=nice Jewish boy from Cleveland, though of a much younger generation. It’s a very insular community and there are no secrets. I’ve known since high school in the 70s. Big deal.

by Anonymousreply 125September 24, 2020 4:53 PM

[quote]ME=nice Jewish boy from Cleveland,

Who is 'ME'?

by Anonymousreply 126September 24, 2020 4:56 PM

R124_ Its a legitamate question. Because you lonely old pervets have deluded yourself into "knowing" this man is gay. He may very well be gay. But how do you know. What makes your truth more real than are very own eyes or logic. What gives? Are you living through Hollywood actors. This isn't some soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 127September 26, 2020 7:30 PM

^^^Perhaps your time would be better spent learning how to spell and proper English. You don't even know how to reference a previous post correctly.

by Anonymousreply 128September 26, 2020 7:50 PM

Here is the thing: Why do people NEED celebs to come out in the first place? Why do people need that validation that now, because a certain celebrity has come out, it's cool (or "ok") to be gay and not before the celebrity came out?

Here's what I believe: Nobody (celebrity or private person) should come out for someone else. Only when the secrecy is crushing your soul and you consider suicide as valid option it's better to come out, because no matter what happens after you come out it will not be worse than considering killing yourself. That way the coming out process will be a positive experience that will lead to a happier life. If you come out for someone else (or the Gay Community, for example) all you will see is the sacrifices you made and how little reward you receive for your brave act from those you came out for.

by Anonymousreply 129September 26, 2020 8:31 PM

But, my careeeeer...

by Anonymousreply 130September 26, 2020 8:40 PM

nobody who has any experience in Hollywood or around celebrity actors would claim 99% are gay. Anyone who tries to share information here based on personal experience with a straight actor will be mocked as a PR shill. 20-30% of all the actors you read on here who are definitely gay are actually straight.

by Anonymousreply 131September 26, 2020 8:41 PM

R131 it's very easy to tell if a celebrity is gay by scrutinizing their dating history. I know of no straight actors.

by Anonymousreply 132September 26, 2020 8:56 PM

r132 Your concept of dating history is flawed because what you really mean is "public dating history". Who people dated and did public appearances with or did interviews about. Most of the actual dating that goes on is below the radar and a lot of what you see is meant to be seen.

by Anonymousreply 133September 28, 2020 7:31 AM

R6 But they will regret it later in life because there is nothing more unattractive than paying child support because men are judged by how much they earn and having some beard that popped out your brats which now demands several thousand in child support can turn your life upside down.

It is also not necessary anymore because there are plenty of gay guys in hollywood who are in the closet and they either simply stay single or have some random model beard for the paparazzi.

We should also ackowledge that many came out recently anyway by saying they are pansexual because they are afraid to use the word bisexual because bisexual men are seen as gay... ok so they didn't really come out but it's a start and we schould commend them for that.

by Anonymousreply 134September 28, 2020 8:27 AM

R133 when they have kids together and raise them together, it's more than a publicity stunt.

by Anonymousreply 135September 28, 2020 1:59 PM

I just don't get DL's obsession with making George Clooney gay. He's always been an ally. I'm guessing its the older crowd. What gives?

by Anonymousreply 136September 29, 2020 4:55 AM

Does anyone believe that Clooney is attracted to Matt Damon's bulbous female ass?

Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 137September 29, 2020 5:24 AM

Where's Waldo?

by Anonymousreply 138September 29, 2020 1:57 PM

R136 Clooney is too transparently gay. He is almost like Travolta. Gays hate gays.

by Anonymousreply 139September 29, 2020 2:30 PM

I thought he and Noah were adorable. It's a shame his pr stepped in and hired the french girl to deflect when they weren't being discreet. They could have been groundbreaking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140September 29, 2020 2:33 PM

Jon voight is likely gay.

by Anonymousreply 141September 30, 2020 3:11 PM

What about Jamey Fox?

by Anonymousreply 142October 1, 2020 3:37 PM

r15's late night story is funny.

by Anonymousreply 143October 10, 2020 12:51 AM

Jimmy Kimmel. I always imagine him enjoy sex with young guy. And I know I am damn right.

by Anonymousreply 144October 10, 2020 12:56 AM

R143 but which late night dude was it?

by Anonymousreply 145October 10, 2020 1:40 AM

M@tt LeBl@nc

by Anonymousreply 146October 14, 2020 3:16 AM

The tea is Riz Ahmed is bi, yet others claim he's gay. If that's the case, I cannot comprehend why this idiot hides his GFs. He brings these women to show business events, then demands they stand in the wings with his publicist.

by Anonymousreply 147October 14, 2020 3:41 AM

Because of the Asian market, no actor has financial interest in coming out.

by Anonymousreply 148October 16, 2020 6:19 AM

Excuse Me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149October 16, 2020 6:24 AM

[quote]Clooney is gross for endorsing and promoting disgusting corporations who use child labour, pushing twinks off cliffs, and ruining beautiful films with awful bit parts. Gay or straight, he deserves what he gets.

He ruined [italic]Tomorrowland[/italic]. I couldn't get past the first hour of that mess. Someone remake it without him and with a screenwriter who doesn't waste the whole first act on overwritten backstories.

by Anonymousreply 150October 16, 2020 6:49 AM

R150 I completely forgot about that movie. Sounds like i didn't miss much.

by Anonymousreply 151October 16, 2020 8:54 AM

Julia Roberts - she is married to a man but technically she is gay. She is, in fact, Steven Tyler in disguise.

by Anonymousreply 152October 16, 2020 10:05 AM

[quote][R150] I completely forgot about that movie. Sounds like i didn't miss much.

On what planet is riding the most annoying Walt-era Disneyland ride with the most annoying former [italic]Facts of Life[/italic] cast member (yes, I include Pippa in that statement) a selling point?

by Anonymousreply 153October 16, 2020 10:22 AM

R153 beats me 🤷🏽‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 154October 16, 2020 1:33 PM

R149

You’re the biggest douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 155October 16, 2020 1:45 PM

R152 it's amazing how many Hollywood family members are gay. It's like gay is 100 percent genetic. Lesbians are so perky. The level of dishonesty.

by Anonymousreply 156October 16, 2020 4:50 PM

Klaus Kinski

by Anonymousreply 157October 18, 2020 1:14 AM

Riz Ahmed is involved with the male British VOGUE editor.

by Anonymousreply 158October 23, 2020 9:49 PM

R28 I'm like your mother. I can't take Rock Hudson seriously.

A stupid name. And thankfully he stuck to comedies rather than dramas.

by Anonymousreply 159October 23, 2020 10:11 PM

Dack Rambo

by Anonymousreply 160October 24, 2020 1:31 AM

r160 God he was dreamy!!! But I thought he was openly bisexual? No?

by Anonymousreply 161October 26, 2020 4:45 AM

Towards the end of his life he was openly gay. Saw him on Donahue or something like that talking about AIDS. Scared me silly as a teen.

by Anonymousreply 162October 26, 2020 6:07 AM

Thank you r162

by Anonymousreply 163October 26, 2020 6:49 AM

Oh, Dack! I hardly knew you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164October 26, 2020 6:53 AM

[quote][R131] it's very easy to tell if a celebrity is gay by scrutinizing their dating history. I know of no straight actors.

What about Paul Rudd and Zach Galifianakis?

by Anonymousreply 165October 26, 2020 7:00 AM

david muir!

by Anonymousreply 166October 26, 2020 7:02 AM

Here is a list of famous closet cases based on my highly accurate gaydar: Tom Holland - gay boy with daddy issue, take one to know on, bitch Robert Downey Jr - Bisexual Jimmy Kimmel - bisexual and love young boy and girl, over 20 of course Stephen Colbert - straight but experience gay sex in college John Mayer - Bisexual and love twink Lindsey Graham - gay and a twink at heart Paul Ryan - gay and love people his age - he is those who use body pic as profile pic on Grindr Christina Aguilera - bisexual Alicia Keys - straight but look like a lesbian in 2002-2003 Mike Pence - gay and love a young men called him daddy in bed Juliet Roberts - gay. Yes, she is married to a man, but she is, in fact, Steven Tyler in disguise Matt Bomer - gay but turning straight, he straightness has been growing Henry Cavill - gay fabulous queen who LOVE straight dick Ben Shapiro - desperately using Jewish religion and conservatism to fight his gayness, he is a gay boy at heart Justin Bieber - straight but once have a very confusing time Matthew Mcconaughey - straight but had sex with men Caitlyn Jenner - straight? lesbian? a man? a woman? she is EVERYTHING

by Anonymousreply 167October 26, 2020 9:49 AM

Yes, acting is by definition......acting. But the willing suspension of disbelief by the audience can yet be intruded upon by TMI about the actors.

by Anonymousreply 168October 26, 2020 10:14 AM

R165 both comedians but pretty obvious gays

by Anonymousreply 169October 26, 2020 11:54 AM

I admire those who know Justin is gay. He fooled me completely with all his kissing of selena Gomez. Once I knew Gomez was hardcore lesbian I suspected Justin and then he moved onto another lesbian. He's very unhappy and candidate for suicide.

by Anonymousreply 170October 26, 2020 11:58 AM

[Quote] Once I knew Gomez was hardcore lesbian I suspected Justin and then he moved onto another lesbian.

Except she's not and neither is Hailey.

by Anonymousreply 171October 26, 2020 12:24 PM

R171 All of selenas friends are lesbians including swift. Hailey is gay and mist if the Baldwin family is gay.

by Anonymousreply 172October 26, 2020 3:01 PM

R172 keep digging that hole.

by Anonymousreply 173October 26, 2020 11:26 PM

R173 lots of people think Justin is gay. Research girl Has documented the lesbian lives of all the girls in Selena's life. I had no clue that Selena was a lesbian until research girl spelled it out. Selena dates gay men just like Taylor. Every major female singer is a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 174October 27, 2020 2:02 AM

R174 Stop reaching.

You can suspect Justin is gay, but don't go so far as claiming all the major female singers are lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 175October 27, 2020 7:11 AM

R174 Stop reaching.

You can suspect Justin is gay, but don't go so far as claiming all the major female singers are lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 176October 27, 2020 7:11 AM

R144 Jimmy Kimmel is so sexy. I would love to suck and milk his cock dry. Such a hot daddy.

by Anonymousreply 177October 27, 2020 11:08 PM

Does anyone else remember that blog that was dedicated to writing about how Trevor Blumas and Hayden Christensen were both gay and in a dl relationship with each other? It also accused Aaron Carter and Elijah Wood of being gay. It was mostly dedicated to outing actor Trevor Blumas though (whom I didn't know then and still don't to this day), and I always wondered if it was written by a scorned lover of his.

I was a teen when I stumbled upon it in the early 2000s. It gave me so much jerk off material.

by Anonymousreply 178November 18, 2020 1:25 AM

I think Brad Pitt will come out as bisexual in the next few years. Not only has there been speculation and rumors, even magazines started reporting on it. That was probably his main attraction to Jolie, that she was also and was open to outside flings.

by Anonymousreply 179November 18, 2020 1:48 AM

[quote] Actors,by definition, are gay. They don't need to come out.

Exactly. I think most of those posting here don’t intimately know many actors.

90% of actors are profoundly damaged, intensely needy, tingly, touchy, psychologically screwed up individuals who, because they’ve spent so much of their lives on agonising self-examination and narcissistic activity, are conflicted about who might be their true self.

They’re not normal or even quite sane. Far more actors are bisexual than straight or gay because it comes with the territory of exploration of experience and self.

Trying to jam these these individuals into square pegs, and conform to any notion of normality, just because their jangly multiplicity, and self-confusion and self-delusion, offends little 9-to-5 office-drone, self-defined middle class gay you, is just stupid and deeply petit bourgeois. As is the bizarre fan-gurly need for them to be ‘likeable’. FOR FUCKS SAKE!!! The more twisted they are, the more fucked up in their private life, often the more interesting their performances. Look at the well-known backstory of someone like Brando. A mother loving conflicted deeply fucked up sensitive plant who fucked anything warm irrespective of gender. GROW UP.

Here endeth the rant.

by Anonymousreply 180November 18, 2020 2:46 AM

No, here endeth the rant. People demanding actors actors 'come out' simply comes down to them not understanding the 'actors experience' -- the life of an actor. People here go on about Hugh Jackman being gay: he may have had gay experience, but also don't doubt he's deeply in love with his life, who fulfills some motherly need of shelter and comfort in a profoundly disruptive existence.

One of the best windows I've ever seen into an actor's life is this fantastic interview with (the presumably straight) Rami Malek, who is a clearly deeply sensitive soul, which helps make him the preternaturally gifted actor he is. A YouTube self-proclaimed 'body language expert' has analysed the video and his face-scratching and squirming and 'fight or flight' seat positioning, and claimed 'she would not want to be friends with this person', which is a kind of bullshit. It's clear he's wrestling here with the Hollywood carapace and sharing the truth of his experience -- there's one bit in the video where he calls life in the industry "deeply scary" , and a place where you have to be brave enough to take great risks or die in your career, and you can see he says it in a way he's talking with himself. What he doesn't say is that he invested so much of himself psychologically into his performance in The Pacific, that when filming ended, he went to live in South America and considered not returning to acting because it had screwed him up so much.

For viewers such performances are just a few hours of screen time of well paid people playing 'pretend'. For actors, they can be gruelling mental nightmares. Repeat: actors aren't normal. Their life experience isn't normal. Demanding they 'come out' is intrinsically ridiculous. Come out of what? Many of them would struggle to tell you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181November 18, 2020 3:28 AM

typo: "deeply in love with his life"= wife

by Anonymousreply 182November 18, 2020 3:30 AM

John G00dman.

by Anonymousreply 183December 11, 2020 3:40 AM

Rami Malek is neither "sensitive" nor "gifted".

by Anonymousreply 184December 11, 2020 3:52 AM

Henry Cavill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185December 16, 2020 7:34 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186December 16, 2020 7:43 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187December 16, 2020 7:43 AM

[quote] They’re assholes. Gay people will never change. They will always support the closet. A tiny minority are against it. I’m against it completely. But, I’ve resigned to the fact that I will always be on the minority side. The closet is a victimized place. People like to be victims. Coming out and living honestly is a sign of maturity, responsibility and being an adult. Gay people who come from the same harsh environment as the closeted live openly gay, but the closet is easy. Hate away. This site always does when you’re anti-liar.

Maybe because many here are adults and understand the nuances of life, unlike you who claims maturity but can't look past your probably privilege. There are many reasons people keep themselves in the closet, America and most of the Western world is still incredibly religious and a lot of people com from this sort of background. You don't know their stories, you don't know what goes on with their lives and why should you even care? They dont yowe you shit and you're not better than anyone just because you think you're soo brave for saying you're gay. This coming from a privileged gay guy who has openly bisexual parents.

by Anonymousreply 188December 16, 2020 7:49 AM

R185 bullshit

by Anonymousreply 189December 16, 2020 9:03 AM

Who's R187 ?

by Anonymousreply 190December 16, 2020 11:02 AM

R189 Go away.

by Anonymousreply 191December 20, 2020 3:22 AM

R191 grow up.

by Anonymousreply 192December 20, 2020 3:36 AM

We can always tell when Henry Cavill's PR folks come onboard. R191. They are everywhere unlike his career.

by Anonymousreply 193December 20, 2020 4:08 AM

A lot of the people on here are convinced certain celebrities are gay who aren't. It's part fantasy, part informed guessing that's wrong. Definitely part of the fantasy that PR people come on this site to steer the conversation for the dozens of regular users. I can't say for a fact this doesn't happen but it would surprise me if it were true.

by Anonymousreply 194March 17, 2021 2:20 AM

LOL r193 Bitchy!

by Anonymousreply 195March 17, 2021 3:16 AM

R194 HC's whack PR still grinding away and for what?

by Anonymousreply 196March 17, 2021 5:48 AM

r196 Excellent question!😁

by Anonymousreply 197March 18, 2021 4:08 AM

How is Matthew Boner becoming straighter?

by Anonymousreply 198March 18, 2021 6:48 AM

Riz Ahmed, the whispers are that he fucks important men in show business and in the fashion world.

Here he is out on the town in London with his Sound Of Metal director Darius Marder.

There was a recent now deleted post at DListed about him trying to pick up a man's BF at some party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199March 18, 2021 7:25 AM

I really do think Henry Cavill is a "wishful thinking gay" meaning there are a million gay men who WISH he was a big mo.

So much evidence seems to indicate he's actually an emotionally stunted huge geek who is into 16 year old girls.

by Anonymousreply 200March 18, 2021 8:00 AM

R200 the problem is that he is hiding. He's not a "whore of fame". That's why people like to write shitty stories about him. He's an ordinary guy, not the best, not the worst. But he's very sexy so thirst makes you go crazy. Take it easy. Most likely he will never be with you, but he is happy with someone else now.

by Anonymousreply 201March 18, 2021 8:13 AM

R199 O great it's the severely mentally ill Riz Ahmed obsessive again.

by Anonymousreply 202March 18, 2021 8:27 AM

WTF triggers this weirdo to go ballistic when anyone mentions that Riz Ahmed is gay? Because he's Muslim, he cannot be gay?

What rock are you hiding under R202?

He's gay, deal with it R202.

by Anonymousreply 203March 18, 2021 10:01 AM

[Quote] but he is happy with someone else now.

Escorts don't count.

by Anonymousreply 204March 18, 2021 10:28 AM

R203 Have you ever typed a single post on this website that didn't include Riz Ahmed's name?

You're a fucking lunatic. See a doctor.

by Anonymousreply 205March 18, 2021 10:45 AM

R204 nahaa....i mean Gf

by Anonymousreply 206March 18, 2021 11:25 AM

R206

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207March 19, 2021 1:59 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208March 20, 2021 11:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!