Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Alison Arngrim celebration thread

Everyone's favorite little bitch on the prairie just turned 56 yesterday.

Celebrate her here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 6, 2019 12:56 PM

She really did bitch better than anyone. I wish she played an adult villainess type role - she would rock it.

by Anonymousreply 1January 19, 2018 5:18 PM

Happy birthday, Alison! Thank you for adding so much fun to my childhood! I really want to see you make a big acting comeback because I know how good you can be.

by Anonymousreply 2January 19, 2018 5:21 PM

I think fun bitch would be great - not a negative or damaged one.

She could totally rock a Karen Walker type. She should be Karen's new BFF on Will and Grace.

by Anonymousreply 3January 19, 2018 5:21 PM

She was my favorite character on little House ! I always wanted her to kick half pint right in the cunt . And the insipid Mary too! I only watched it because of Micheal Landon,and Nellie.

by Anonymousreply 4January 19, 2018 5:22 PM

She told a story in her book about being invited to be a grand marshal for some parade and the crowd was booing her and she really hammed it up waving her arms in the air like a wrestler and sticking her tongue out at the crowd who eventually came around and started cheering.

I think that she became friends with Katherine MacGregor early on helped her stay grounded and be able to deal with her character.

by Anonymousreply 5January 19, 2018 5:26 PM

I liked her as Nellie and she seems like a nice and fun person. I thought Katherine McGregor as Harriet Oleson was the best character on the show though. Now she was a great actress.

by Anonymousreply 6January 19, 2018 5:53 PM

Nellie and Harriet were two of the most perfectly cast characters ever. Love them both. I wonder if any of the surviving cast is still in touch with Katherine?

Happy Birthday, Allison!

by Anonymousreply 7January 19, 2018 6:26 PM

Her autobiography is really a model of how it should be done. Alison tells her own story with a lot of humor, but so much of it is hilarious anecdotes about LHOTP — she knows what fans want to hear about, and she goes into it with great relish.

One of the funniest stories involved a wrestling match with Laura in a big muddy pond. Since Alison and Melissa were best friends, they loved getting the chance to pretend to beat the crap out of each other and were yelling things like "I'm going to fucking kill you!" She also mentions that they were in wetsuits that took forever to put on, so they just pissed themselves and laughed about it.

by Anonymousreply 8January 19, 2018 6:55 PM

I never knew: she's two days older than I.

by Anonymousreply 9January 19, 2018 6:57 PM

[quote] I never knew: she's two days older than I.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 19, 2018 7:02 PM

The four actors that did the Olesons (and the added kid later) - I just loved roaring at whatever scene they set up and brought it home. I really enjoyed that ensemble.

by Anonymousreply 11January 19, 2018 7:22 PM

I loved "Confessions of a Prairie Bitch", Alison's book. Really good read and seems to be a really cool person. I loved how her and Half-Pint were so close and they both couldn't stand Mary.

May have to plan a last minute trip out to L.A. to meet her in person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 19, 2018 11:43 PM

COUNTRY GIRLS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 19, 2018 11:58 PM

Why did they dislike Melissa Sue Anderson so much? I read Alison's book but don't remember.

by Anonymousreply 14January 21, 2018 4:42 AM

Alison's book is on sale on Amazon (Kindle edition) for $2.99 today. Just picked it up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 1, 2018 6:06 PM

It's one of my favorite celeb bios.

by Anonymousreply 16April 1, 2018 6:10 PM

She has a podcast where she interviews C list celebrities and talks about old TV shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2019 2:30 AM

She was a great Nellie

by Anonymousreply 18June 6, 2019 2:37 AM

Didn't her character end up becoming good friends with Laura in the later seasons and sort of just being exasperated with her mom's over the top antics?

by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2019 3:15 AM

I've worked with her, she's fabulous. Very funny, professional, and a very good actor. The camera loves her.

by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2019 4:09 AM

Why doesn't she press charges against her brother, who she said raped her?

by Anonymousreply 21June 6, 2019 4:17 AM

Family is family.

by Anonymousreply 22June 6, 2019 5:00 AM

R17 Thanks for the heads up about the podcast. I wouldn't have found that one on my own and it sounds like just what I need for commuting to work. The morning News Radio bums me out for the whole day now.

by Anonymousreply 23June 6, 2019 5:16 AM

Um... R21 it's been 50 years and she has no concrete evidence.

by Anonymousreply 24June 6, 2019 5:42 AM

I adore her, and Confessions of A Prairie Bitch is one of the all time great celeb memoirs. Her father was gay, and her mother was the voices of Casper, Gumby and Davy from Davy & Goliath.

She is a true heterosexual lady gay ally.

by Anonymousreply 25June 6, 2019 5:45 AM

R4, Melissa Sue was a cunt. So was her mother.

by Anonymousreply 26June 6, 2019 5:46 AM

I have always imagined she reads and posts here, or has.

by Anonymousreply 27June 6, 2019 5:46 AM

Agreed R25. She would be a great ghostwriter for other memoits

by Anonymousreply 28June 6, 2019 6:15 AM

DL Icon Alison Arngrim!

by Anonymousreply 29June 6, 2019 12:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!