Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So Is All the Good News I am Seeing About the Economy "Fake News"?

I hate Trump and never vote GOP, but where is all this good news coming from? Companies giving bonuses, companies "repatriating" money from overseas and giving credit to the GOP tax law, unemployment lower than ever, etc. Is it possible all the nay sayers were wrong? Or is it too soon to tell? And does Trumplethinskin get any credit, or would he have signed anything put in front of him?

by Anonymousreply 13January 19, 2018 3:09 PM

Yes those bonuses they give while laying off workers lol.

We've done trickle down economics many times before, to the same result. It doesn't work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2018 10:49 PM

Those "bonuses" are to tide them over while they look for new jobs.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2018 10:51 PM

Oh ffs sake, loosening or removing regulations is what is doing it and most here know it. They hate it, but they know it.

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2018 10:53 PM

OP you do realize that the unemployment rate has been going down since Obama, right? And the stock market was going up under Obama? Trump's still riding Obama's wave. He hasn't had enough time to make serious impact on the economy, but your baby will be poisoned by the environmental rules he's been rolling back, your pension destroyed by the financial regulations he's rolling back, and your Internet access curtailed by his evil FCC head, and your services all provided by GIANTCORP, which owns everything now. It just own't happen overnight, despite him trying to take credit for everything. The deficit, which Clinton had going in the opposite direction, G.W. Bush destroyed and wasted trillions on overseas wars, and Obama never really had a chance to fix due to the economic disaster left by Bush, now the deficit is larger than ever with no end in sight, and will drag the economy like an anchor, while we spend less and less money on the US infrastructure and more on defense spending so we can wage more war and sell more weapons to the rest of the world to make more money for the private arms dealers funded by the government.

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2018 10:59 PM

[quote] So Is All the Good News I am Seeing About the Economy "Fake News"?

Whatever it, it really ruins the day for the reporters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2018 11:14 PM

The truth, told from one gay guy's limited perspective. My investments have been growing like gangbusters since the election. But I'd rather have a different political outcome, than all the money I've been making. Seriously. Of course, some one will come along and tell me to give the profits back: to whom? I've been giving more to charity lately, since I can better afford it. That's all I can do at this point.

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2018 11:20 PM

[quote]They hate it, but they know it.

We don't hate it because it's having a positive short-term effect. We hate it because it will negatively impact the environment and consumer protection. But who cares about that, right? Cancer, cancer for everyone!

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2018 11:23 PM

Ditto, R6. My mutual funds had been doing well the past few years. But my eyes nearly bugged out when I saw my 2017 end-of-the-year statements

by Anonymousreply 8January 19, 2018 7:18 AM

President Trump's First Year Of Job Growth Was Below President Obama's Last Six Years

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 19, 2018 7:25 AM

"President Donald Trump likes to boast that he and his achievements are the biggest and the best, and not just about the size of his nuclear launch button."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 19, 2018 7:28 AM

The "good news" is more about raiding the government coffers removing regulation as quickly as possible, serving up chaos that can be exploited by the "cushioned" and getting back to the private sector to make money before the bubble pops.

All the Republican House members you read about not seeking re-election are really just "raiders" who never wanted to govern or create any sustainable growth. The only prosperity they care about is for themselves and their cronies.

Trump is trying to pay off his debts to Putin and Russian mobsters before he dies, so his kids can have what's left free and clear after he's gone. What he can't pay back fromMAGA hats and contributions at his rallies, he sells in geo-political favors to Russia.

Trump is a useful tool for Putin but like all extortionist, when Putin is done with Trump, he won't abide by any of his commitments, Trump and his family will be tossed aside and sold out to th authorities and Putin will exploit the advantages to undermine and weaken th US., further lining his own pocket.

Enjoy it while it lasts.this is the last gasp of stock market pirates pillaging our economy. It seems like success until the Hanover of deficits, bankruptcies, inflation,and depleted resources and polluted food and water and air start to matter.

by Anonymousreply 11January 19, 2018 9:44 AM

This tax bill will be a disaster for our country and I don't know if it can be fixed.

by Anonymousreply 12January 19, 2018 9:51 AM

Oh dear to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 13January 19, 2018 3:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!