Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Remember When Tootie went all ape shit to go to a Jermaine Jackson concert?

It freaked Mrs. Garrett's shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 23, 2018 12:59 PM

Tootie sure was all ga-ga for Jermaine. Not Michael, mind you, who was hugely big at the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2018 1:56 PM

Remember when the Honkycaust happened after black people got tired of you racist crackers calling your black superiors "apes", OP? Well, get ready because WE'RE movin' on up—upside your head, HONKY!

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2018 1:56 PM

Didn't Jermaine supremely disappoint her in this episode as well? Something about not meeting your idols.

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2018 2:08 PM

My meetings with celebrities have all been happy ones thus far, R3.

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2018 2:09 PM

Wasn't it strongly implied that Jermaine, disappointed by dwindling record sales, got drunk and raped Tootie and that Very Special Episode?

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2018 2:22 PM

R5 Probably nothing that extreme, but it does make it seem like he took advantage of her adoration in some way.

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2018 3:04 PM

Was Tootie the one who suggested to Jermaine that drawing hair on your greasy scalp with a black Sharpie is totally cool?

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2018 3:18 PM

She should have pulled out her gun and shot that old bitch for disrespecting her.

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2018 3:21 PM

All of her rocking back and forth during that scene really detracted from her performance. Actors must learn to plant their feet!

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2018 3:40 PM

Compared to that blond AIDS-wop from that stupid guinea show that almost drove Norman Lear out of television, she's Viola fricking Davis!

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2018 3:43 PM

[quote]Wasn't it strongly implied that Jermaine, disappointed by dwindling record sales, got drunk and raped Tootie and that Very Special Episode?

No, that was me in my Charlie Chaplin suit. To this day, I still get flashbacks whenever I see a homeless guy eating a shoe.

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2018 3:44 PM

That episode was so depressing. Tootie made jermaine this ceramic bust and his bodyguards broke it because they thought there could be a bomb inside.

I did read somewhere that they wanted Michael but got Jermaine.

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2018 3:44 PM

I actually think it's a pretty great episode. I am surprised Jermaine and his handlers allowed it to air because he doesn't come off well at all in this episode. It really takes the glamour away from being the "star". It comes off as a job to Jermaine, and this is what Tootie learns - that celebrity has a down side.

by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2018 3:52 PM

WTF, R10

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2018 3:53 PM

So much drama on that episode! Mrs. G all worried that if she didn't let Tootie go to that show and blow off cleaning the kitchen or whatever, that she may flip the fuck out, Jo telling Mrs. G not to be an asshole pushover since no one else would be able to get away with that psycho shit. Tootie busting in and being put in a headlock by Jermaine's bodyguard and then flying across the room...I cringe laugh at this whole episode. It was so fucking weird and if Mrs. G really did fold that easily the other girls would have totally used that and pretended that they too would flip the fuck out if they didn't get their way.

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2018 5:07 PM

The added security was because John Lennon's assassination was less than two years ago. And how many gay men have pulled the same stuff over the years? Be honest.

by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2018 5:12 PM

Cousin Jeri licked Tootie’s clit.

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2018 5:37 PM

Who wouldn't go ape shit for this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2018 5:40 PM

I loved that episode, especially because Tootie got her bust of Jermaine smooshed and then returned to her and she was SO DISAPPOINTED AND SAD and realized that the entire world sucks and she shouldn't have idols and be psychotic about them. Mrs. Garret's spell worked! Also it was funny when Tootie was sad.

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2018 6:09 PM

ah. I loved that shit.

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2018 11:54 PM

Sad little mushroom head.

by Anonymousreply 21January 19, 2018 9:04 PM

I can relate to the way Tootie felt about Jermaine. I felt the same about Olivia Newton-John during that time.

by Anonymousreply 22January 20, 2018 12:35 PM

[quote] I loved that episode, especially because Tootie got her bust of Jermaine smooshed and then returned to her and she was SO DISAPPOINTED AND SAD and realized that the entire world sucks and she shouldn't have idols and be psychotic about them. Mrs. Garret's spell worked! Also it was funny when Tootie was sad.

She had to learn it one way or another. Better she learn it as a teenager than as an adult. And in spite of all that, it didn't reduce her own drive for stardom at all. In fact it went into overdrive after that. In the first 2 seasons, Tootie was the school gossip, almost like a younger version of Willona from [italic]Good Times[/italic], but that aspect of her personality was overshadowed by her acting aspirations and once a false rumor almost cost Mrs. Garrett her job.

by Anonymousreply 23January 20, 2018 1:13 PM

After a breakdown like that, she would have been put on 3 different antidepressants and an antipsychotic today

by Anonymousreply 24January 20, 2018 2:13 PM

[quote] Sad little mushroom head.

That was my 9th grade poetry contest entry. I lost.

by Anonymousreply 25January 20, 2018 2:16 PM

This was the episode that proved what a selfish bitch Janet was. She could have easily gotten her bestie Tootie backstage passes and a meet and greet but she couldn't be bothered. Word is that Janet actually told the security guards to break the bust right in front of Tootie's face.

I guess she was pissed that Tootie taught her the, "whole have a baby and drop it off at a relative's doorstep and make them raise it. "

by Anonymousreply 26January 20, 2018 2:29 PM

wtf, r26?

by Anonymousreply 27January 20, 2018 2:31 PM

What didn't you understand, R27?

Are you new here (serious question not being a bitch like Janet).

by Anonymousreply 28January 20, 2018 2:33 PM

I never even saw Tootie and Charlene do a scene together on [italic]Diff'rent Strokes[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 29January 20, 2018 2:34 PM

[quote]I never even saw Tootie and Charlene do a scene together on Diff'rent Strokes.

Because they had already had all those Good Times!

by Anonymousreply 30January 20, 2018 2:37 PM

Such great acting… I love the subtlety in Kim's performance...

by Anonymousreply 31January 20, 2018 2:41 PM

You know something, Facts Of Life had good lighting for a shitty sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 32January 20, 2018 4:04 PM

Jermaine's wife was never *that* excited to see him!

by Anonymousreply 33January 20, 2018 4:20 PM

Poor lil negress slave girl just wants to escape her white slaver. Poor toots.

by Anonymousreply 34January 20, 2018 4:31 PM

He said "Thank you."

by Anonymousreply 35January 20, 2018 5:00 PM

Why didnt Lionel Ritchie cast Kim in his “Hello” video?

by Anonymousreply 36January 20, 2018 5:23 PM

Also remember in real life at this time Kim had a song out called "Dear Michael" which was told from the pov of an MJ super fan

by Anonymousreply 37January 20, 2018 5:41 PM

I think there was a unaired episode where Cousin Geri had a similar obsession with Rebbie Jackson and was trying to get her to sign her Centipede dildo.

by Anonymousreply 38January 20, 2018 5:43 PM

Also, shout out to Charlotte Rae and the writing staff, shamelessly trying for Emmys with that chilling monologue about how fucking scary Beatlemania (the phenomenon, not the Broadway show) was.

by Anonymousreply 39January 20, 2018 6:17 PM

r35 lol that would get a #SOBRAVE #FEARLESS #WOMYN slew of hashtags today.

by Anonymousreply 40January 20, 2018 6:18 PM

R18 Wow. I never realized that Jermaine has ALWAYS been ugly.

Well, at least he gave the world a laugh with Jermagesty.

by Anonymousreply 41January 20, 2018 6:56 PM

lmao, r38!

by Anonymousreply 42January 20, 2018 10:13 PM

Is Tootie the baby mama to Jermaine's kid, Jermajesty?

by Anonymousreply 43January 23, 2018 2:31 AM

[quote]Didn't Jermaine supremely disappoint her in this episode as well? Something about not meeting your idols.

Jermaine pointed to Jo and Blair and said to Tootie "who are those two bulldaggers?" Tootie got upset over that.

by Anonymousreply 44January 23, 2018 2:38 AM

I do remember playing "Lets Get Serious" until the grooves of the LP were disappearing. Almost afraid to listen to it now, fearing it wont live up to the memory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 23, 2018 2:50 AM

Granted I was very young at the time, but I can barely even remember Jermaine Jackson. Did he have any solo hits or was he just riding on Michael's coattails, as Michael was the biggest star in the world back then?

by Anonymousreply 46January 23, 2018 2:52 AM

Mrs. G was a hater!

by Anonymousreply 47January 23, 2018 3:31 AM

R39 which is funny since Charlotte did get a Best Actress in a Comedy Series Emmy nomination that season for FOL

by Anonymousreply 48January 23, 2018 9:04 AM

Jermaine had a few solo hits and a minor career separate from Michael. Although interest in Michael no doubt benefitted him, if there were any other forces benefitting him they were from other sources. He famously stayed behind at Motown after the other brothers moved on to another label. Jermaine was married to the daughter of Motown boss Berry Gordy. A connection like that is how “Lets Get Serious” features a guest solo by label-mate Stevie Wonder.

by Anonymousreply 49January 23, 2018 12:14 PM

I liked Jermaine's duet with Pia Zadora.

by Anonymousreply 50January 23, 2018 12:15 PM

Tootie loved to go ape shit!

by Anonymousreply 51January 23, 2018 12:57 PM

R48: The competition for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series that year was fierce:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 23, 2018 12:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!