Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Weather-beaten Brigitte Bardot joins the anti #MeToo camp

1960's sexpot calls the movement "hypocritical and ridiculous".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 21, 2018 11:43 PM

OP, Baby Boomer Bitches Like "Get Yo Pussy Beat, Get Dat Part, Shut Yo Mouth!"

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2018 7:17 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2018 7:45 AM

She’s old.

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2018 7:47 AM

This will not end well.

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2018 8:15 AM

Who cares what she thinks. She wasn’t even smart enough to use sun screen.

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2018 8:16 AM

She's a funny mix. Right wing but a great advocate for nonhuman animals. I think there is some small degree of validity to the Meetoo backlash. She sure as hell was a gorgeous woman.

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2018 8:17 AM

You know In a way I think she still is... physically anyway I look at her and I can still see the beauty it’s just hidden under a lot of fat

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2018 8:25 AM

Whatta shocker that a right-winger who made her career on flashing her tits & ass is against younger generations speaking out about systemic abuse.

She's anti-gay and was fined for extreme hate speech but this is DL so WE WUB HER BECAUSE OF THE CUTE WIDDLE ANIMALS

Fuck this hate-filled bitch.

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2018 8:26 AM

And yes, her pussy stinks. I mean world class putrid.

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2018 8:28 AM

Bitch can't work my look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2018 11:40 AM

She's spot on about the hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2018 11:48 AM

She’s anti-gay? Then die ya old crone.

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2018 11:53 AM

"Me, I was never the victim of sexual harassment and I found it charming when I was told that I was beautiful or I had a nice little backside. This kind of compliment is nice," she said.

No, the slut just spread her legs for every director and producer in the French film industry. She's right. For her it wasn't harassment, it was called whoring.

by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2018 11:59 AM

Oh, give the old bitch a break. She probably doesn't even know what year it is.

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2018 12:20 PM

i bet her scalp itches a lot.

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2018 12:23 PM

Do any of you live in WeHo? Bridget did for years. She still might. I’m assuming she does.

Anyhow, she used to go to the Trader Joe’s that was on Santa Monica and Poinsettia, the one that was on that huge lot with a bunch of other small businesses that were all demolished for building that huge apartment complex.

There was a coffee shop , a cigarette shop, and a laundry mat there too. Bridget would hang out at the coffee shop, sit outside, smoking and drinking coffee. She talked to everyone and anyone who came to buy smokes, do laundry, or whatever. She would engage pretty much anyone who wanted to chat. She was extremely friendly, and sometimes quite drunk. Regardless of her sobriety on any given day, this was Bardot’s hang out.

I went to the coffee shop regularly. Sometimes a few times a day because I love walking and I love coffee.

We would talk about men, women, love, death, films that had recently come out, whatever.

So here’s the kicker: I had NO IDEA that she was Bridget Bardot!!! NONE!

She had told me her name when we first met, and I had told her mine, but after that we called each other “hon” or “Love”. I knew she had been an actress, because she mentioned it here and there, but she never went into details. I thought she was just this really cool West Hollywood senior citizen, who smiled at everyone and said Hi!!!

And I am not alone, because we sat together often, and for an hour, here and there. Sometimes we would walk to Plummer Park or wherever.

One day I was getting some stuff at Trader Joe’s, and one of the cashiers who was a total sweetheart, asked me how I liked hanging out with a Hollywood icon, and wasn’t she just the nicest lady, and I was like, “who and what are you talking about???”

That’s when I found out I had become friends with Bridget Bardot!

by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2018 12:34 PM

Correction : And I am not alone, because we sat together often, and for an hour, here and there. Sometimes we would walk to Plummer Park or wherever, and no one EVER ran up to her and asked for her autograph. She was just another little old lady.

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2018 12:38 PM

When was this r16? I thought BB lived in Saint Tropez on the Riviera. It's a lovely story!

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2018 12:40 PM

I don't think Bardot ever lived in the US. But her sister Mijanou who was also a lesser-known actress has been living in the L.A. with her husband for a long time now. Maybe she's the one you met or maybe you just made the whole story up...But it's a cute little tale anyway. 7/10

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2018 12:46 PM

Just because these old broads never even dared to complain, doesn't mean other women can't.

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2018 12:54 PM

She's never lived in California.

Apparently another woman with the same name (real or later changed) did once live in CA.

Also, the actress is not a nice person, which has been long established. That's how you know it wasn't the actress who was your friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2018 12:55 PM

It’s not a cute little tale. It’s the truth. Why on earth would I make something up or lie? I have no reason to.

R18, this was in 2010-2011.

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2018 12:57 PM

Anti-gay bitch.

by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2018 12:59 PM

Sally Struthers lookalike.

by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2018 1:00 PM

Nice try R16 - Bridget Bardot or Brigitte Bardot

by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2018 1:02 PM

She's like a fascist, so I'm not that surprised. Sexual harassment was just kind of accepted back then and not every woman has the guts to stand up to it.

by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2018 1:06 PM

Her husband works for the French National Front. They're Fascists. Bardot, among other things, denounces racial mixing. The woman is a Nazi. She also went after "homos" who blame heterosexuals for all their problems. She called us fairground freaks.

by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2018 1:10 PM

It's classic DL though for people to say she's soooo nice and she luuuurves bunnies and she's a movie star GODDESS and just kind of forget she's a real, card-carrying fascist.

by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2018 1:12 PM

Isn’t French a highly misogynistic country? French women are the last group I look to for feminist ideals

by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2018 1:12 PM

The only thing I admire about this seething cunt is the fact that she decided to age sans any plastic surgeries. Sure, she may look like shit but at least she still looks human (unlike Mamie van Doren or Mrs. Bing Crosby). There aren't many other former sex symbols who weren't afraid to age naturally.

by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2018 1:16 PM

Other women are allowed to criticise the whole #me to movement. I am a woman and I do believe the movement is ridiculous. It does nothing to protect the average woman out there who have to put up with abusive boss, husband and male figures in their lives. Privilege women creating movements to indulge their narcissism when they make it all about them is not by idea of real change.

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2018 1:16 PM

[quote] Isn’t French a highly misogynistic country? French women are the last group I look to for feminist ideals

It's a Catholic country, and Catholics basically invented the douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2018 1:21 PM

Homophobic women deserve to be beaten to a pulp. They can be even worse than men when they want to be.

by Anonymousreply 33January 18, 2018 1:22 PM

Being complimented isn't comparable to having some rancid director trying to stick his dick where he shouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2018 1:27 PM

Breeders really are inferior to gays after all.

by Anonymousreply 35January 18, 2018 1:29 PM

Breeders really are inferior to gays after all.

by Anonymousreply 36January 18, 2018 1:29 PM

You gays are worst than the homophobes. Such hateful words against those who do not agree with homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 37January 18, 2018 1:40 PM

r37 No, just hateful words for hateful people.

by Anonymousreply 38January 18, 2018 1:43 PM

She looks like she could play Mrs. Garrett on a Facts of Life reboot.

by Anonymousreply 39January 18, 2018 3:05 PM
by Anonymousreply 40January 18, 2018 5:01 PM

Well said Brigitte

by Anonymousreply 41January 18, 2018 5:04 PM

I like her. She's speaking her mind and no one was more erotically beautiful than she. As Cohen said, after Bardot who to discover?

by Anonymousreply 42January 18, 2018 5:19 PM

R31, so you think that the metoo movement couldn't be of help to "ordinary" women? By raising awareness in general?

by Anonymousreply 43January 18, 2018 5:53 PM

[quote] She looks like she could play Mrs. Garrett on a Facts of Life reboot.

That would require her to demonstrate compassion and empathy, two things she obviously lacks for humans.

by Anonymousreply 44January 18, 2018 6:37 PM

[quote]Weather-beaten Brigitte Bardot

Well, at least she was beaten.

by Anonymousreply 45January 18, 2018 6:51 PM

She is nothing but aJew hating old bag...I see old age hasn't been kind to her...GOOD!

by Anonymousreply 46January 18, 2018 6:54 PM

r42 = '‎Livvie' de Havilland

by Anonymousreply 47January 18, 2018 7:01 PM

[quote]Other women are allowed to criticise the whole #me to movement.

Sure, then again other women are entitled to call anti #metoo women idiots.

by Anonymousreply 48January 18, 2018 9:50 PM

In the olden days, it wasn't called, "rape" or " abuse", because it was expected of you and you knew , it was called " putting out", or being a " muse" for a director or a producer, and if you were a lucky bitch they'd even marry you. If you wanted to be an " actress", you knew what to expect, in fact, you knew what you wanted in entering the arena. Sexual freedom, and "stuff". It s the world second oldest profession, and good girls certainly didn't want to become " actresses", so please stop.

by Anonymousreply 49January 18, 2018 10:00 PM

Things change, R49. The profession is going to change. It will become more corporate. The USA likes corporate. In the long run, it will be cheaper that way.

No need to pay out hush money. No expensive lawsuits. No over paying actors just because they clawed their way into the inner circle of the predator's club. No pouring money into making a predator seem like some kind of rare "genius". No movies tanking because the director or actor gets exposed as a predator.

by Anonymousreply 50January 18, 2018 10:16 PM

Love that, R16, thanks. I would've killed to have met her there. I could even sing some of her songs (the Serge G ones anyway).

And she's not wrong here either. She's talking about actresses, not all women, as am I. She knows of what she speaks.

by Anonymousreply 51January 18, 2018 10:26 PM

R16's story would've been better if he/she ever bothered to research if Brigitte ever lived in the US and what her name actually is.

by Anonymousreply 52January 18, 2018 10:34 PM

R52, I just noticed that. Bridget. Maybe (s)he became imaginary friends with Brigitte Nielsen.

by Anonymousreply 53January 18, 2018 10:54 PM

No surprise. This is exactly what I'd expect from a whore.

by Anonymousreply 54January 18, 2018 11:03 PM

She's half-crazy, but I love her because she doesn't give a fuck if she pisses anyone off or not.

by Anonymousreply 55January 18, 2018 11:07 PM

R55 why should she care? It's not like she has anything to lose like a career.

by Anonymousreply 56January 18, 2018 11:21 PM

^ To maintain her status as a legend in French film.

But she quit more than forty years ago.

by Anonymousreply 57January 18, 2018 11:36 PM

R31 what an idiotic comment. STFU

by Anonymousreply 58January 19, 2018 3:21 AM

(R55) BRIGITTE BARDOT is not crazy at all. She is the best "thing" that happened in the French cinema and above all, she always says what she thinks (she has been honest all her life), she is a "true woman", she will never excuses for what she thinks and what she said (not like Catherine Deneuve...). Can you accept people with a different state of mind ?..... I 've always heard " all kind of people" saying that they want to be "accepted" (for political, religious etc.....different point of views), but the contrary is not reciprocated.

by Anonymousreply 59January 20, 2018 10:12 PM

Sick to death of hearing Brigitte Bardot’s bigoted views? Me too | Rebecca Nicholson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 21, 2018 2:03 AM

She looks like she stole Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 61January 21, 2018 2:20 AM

Brigitte Bardot has many gay friends. She was bitching about the gays of today for being overly camp, over the top and feminized compared to gays back then. Basically the gays who come to Pride all decked out like the floats themselves.

In the book, she contrasted her close gay friends with today's homosexuals, who "jiggle their bottoms, put their little fingers in the air and with their little castrato voices moan about what those ghastly heteros put them through" and that some contemporary homosexuals behave like "fairground freaks".[55] In her own defence, Bardot wrote in a letter to a French gay magazine: "Apart from my husband — who maybe will cross over one day as well — I am entirely surrounded by homos. For years, they have been my support, my friends, my adopted children, my confidants."

by Anonymousreply 62January 21, 2018 2:31 AM

I think her problem with Islam has to do with the way it can victimize women in its most narrow form ("honor" killings of women who have been raped). She's a free spirit, hence her strong connection to animals. Look at her early movies and she's a stunning force of nature. No nonsense. I like her.

by Anonymousreply 63January 21, 2018 2:59 AM

Is Brigitte Bardot Bashing Islam?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 21, 2018 3:18 AM

In 1997, Bardot was convicted of “inciting racial hatred” by publishing an Open Letter in the French Daily, Le Figaro; she complained of “foreign over-population,” mostly by Muslim families.

In 1998, Bardot was again convicted for “decrying the loss of French identity and tradition due to the ‘multiplication of mosques while our church bells fall silent for want of priests.’”

In 2000, Bardot was again convicted for what she wrote in her book Pluto’s Square, which featured a chapter in which she grieved for “my country, my homeland, my land is again invaded by an overpopulation of foreigners, especially Muslims.”

In 2004, in another book, A Cry in the Silence, Bardot ran afoul of the political correctniks by “generally associating Islam with the 9/11 terror attacks and denouncing the ‘Islamization of France’ by people she described as ‘invaders.’ She also wrote: “Over the last twenty years, we have given in to a subterranean, dangerous, and uncontrolled infiltration, which not only resists adjusting to our laws and customs but which will, as the years pass, attempt to impose its own.”

by Anonymousreply 65January 21, 2018 3:20 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 21, 2018 3:21 AM

Does she hate non-Muslim colored people?

by Anonymousreply 67January 21, 2018 3:46 AM

(R67) : No she doesn't. (R62) (R65) (R66) : Are you French ? or are you living in France ? If the answer is "no", please don't judge Brigitte Bardot. More and more people (they are becoming the "majority") think link BB....

by Anonymousreply 68January 21, 2018 10:35 AM

R65, her fears might not be unfounded.

by Anonymousreply 69January 21, 2018 10:40 AM

(R65), that's right and by the way, I would say it's not a "feeling" (like fear), unfortunately, it's Reality : remember CHARLIE HEBDO and LE BATACLAN (just both for example) and you will see that she is not crazy or "anti-muslims"....Just realistic....

by Anonymousreply 70January 21, 2018 10:48 AM

R65 makes me really like her a lot. Wow totally fearless not only in stating her views but having no fear of her aging body(now this is really fearless) when she was once one of the mot beautiful women on the planet.

Jesus even I would have slept with her. Not that I was in her league as a man.

by Anonymousreply 71January 21, 2018 10:53 AM

Cannot find evidence that she lived in US for any period of time.

Story is nice but suspect.

by Anonymousreply 72January 21, 2018 11:01 AM

she has a itchy scalp. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 73January 21, 2018 12:53 PM

Raise awareness for what. You mean for issues that only personally affect them. I think the average woman out there cares less about famous women in expensive dresses congratulating themselves, getting paid millions telling them to care that they were sexually harrassed. #mettoo is all about white female privilege just like the women's March. I don't think working class or middle class minority women are paying much attention to it or think it impact their lives in anyway.

by Anonymousreply 74January 21, 2018 1:28 PM

R68 Are you French ? or are you living in France ?

No. I agree with some of her views.

by Anonymousreply 75January 21, 2018 10:15 PM

R31, couldn't #MeToo raise awareness among the guys who harrass women of all social levels? If a message gets out there enough...

by Anonymousreply 76January 21, 2018 11:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!