Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sophia Loren poses with her mother and her sister

So I guess all three were whores before Carlo Ponti came along, huh?

And those bullet bras are to die for!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 19, 2018 3:49 AM

Her mom looks like Barbara Stanwyck (from Big Valley days)

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2018 3:36 AM

Are you sure that's not Babs Stanwyck in the middle?

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2018 3:36 AM

Wow, Sophia's mother was born in 1896, she had Sophia very late in life.

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2018 3:36 AM

And you do it with a bing, bang, bong

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2018 3:40 AM

R3, she would have been about 38 when Sophia was born, and I think the sister is younger than Sophia. While the mama does look like Stanwyck there, she had won a Garbo lookalike contest and did have a similar facial structure . Wonder how much Sophia drew on her early life for "Two Women."

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2018 3:50 AM

photo looks enhanced

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2018 4:03 AM

The stories about all three of them being hookers are legion and plausible, and the really sad thing is that the girls were being pimped out long before they became legal. I even heard that the grandmother (I guess the mother's mother?) was the madam in charge.

Apparently Sophia met Ponti because he was one of her johns.

No need to dig deep for the "Two Women" character there.

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2018 7:19 AM

[quote] photo looks enhanced

Now why would it be enhanced? There are plenty of other silly photos that were taken on that day, like this one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2018 7:26 AM

And this one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2018 7:26 AM

R8 - look at Sophia from the waist up compared to her mother and sister. She was the only one to have a very smooth skin tight shirt?

by Anonymousreply 10January 19, 2018 3:39 AM

R10, I think it's just the angle.

I hope no one is judging these women. Life during and just after the war, in Italy, must have been hell.

by Anonymousreply 11January 19, 2018 3:45 AM

The first thing I noticed is that the photos have been touched up.

by Anonymousreply 12January 19, 2018 3:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!