Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ann Curry Returns The Favor To Matt Lauer

In her first television interview since leaving NBC, former "Today" show host Ann Curry is speaking out about the firing of her former co-host Matt Lauer and the pervasive "verbal sexual" harassment during her time at NBC. Lauer was fired over "inappropriate sexual behavior" last November.

"I can say that I would be surprised if -- if -- many women did not understand that there was a climate of verbal harassment -- that existed. I think it'd be surprising if someone said that they didn't see that. So it was p -- a verbal -- sexual --," she said on "CBS This Morning" Wednesday.

"She just said that verbal sexual harassment was pervasive," "CBS This Morning" co-host Norah O'Donnell said.

"Yeah," Curry replied.

"At -- at NBC at the time when you were there?" O'Donnell said.

"I don't wanna cause more pain. But no, I'm -- you are asking me a very direct question. I'm an honest person. I wanna tell you that it was. Yes. Period," Curry replied.

Asked if Lauer was behind her firing, Curry said,

"No, no, because I -- I don't know what was all behind it. I do know that -- it hurt like hell. It wasn't a fun moment. I've learned a great deal about myself. I've really at this point let it go. I've just let it go. And I -- and I -- and I think that it's time to -- it's been years and I want to sort of really move on from that. I mean, it's -- it's -- it's -- you know, at this point I'm thinking Hakuna Matata. You know, it's just sort of over. But, no, I think -- I think that -- I think that the real question, in my view, is what are we going to do with all of this anger? And it's not just, obviously, about where I used to work. It's not about where you're now working. But it's about the problem that's pervasive across industries in work places across America. And this is actually the issue. And the question is, ultimately, what are we going to do about it? And I-- I wonder if we-- if we keep focusing only on these individual scandals -- if we're actually going to move off of that foot into creating something better in the future."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 23, 2018 6:38 PM

I've always liked her, bravo Ann.

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2018 4:27 PM

Hi Matt. This Curry is a dish best served COLD!

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2018 4:36 PM

I wish she spoke English so I could understand this.

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2018 4:36 PM

I have no idea what she said

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2018 5:01 PM

Ann was an OK newsreader but a terrible show host. She’s the “anti-Katie Couric” and the show needs a Katie Couric as host.

America wants to see the Prom King and Queen banter. They don’t want to see the Chess Club Secretary stare in awe at the Prom King while he tries to keep the energy up with the weather man.

And that testy goodbye when she was fired! Ugh, cringetastic.

No one cared about her back then and no one cares about her now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2018 5:09 PM

Teary not Testy

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2018 5:10 PM

Matt Lauer at R5, trying not to leave lube on his iPhone screen as he fingers himself for the eighth time today in the bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2018 5:11 PM

What a weird thing. She had the moment to really have her say and instead it turned into an awkward word salad

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2018 5:12 PM

This.

Um. Uh. Um. Uh.

The reason she got canned from Today.

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2018 5:13 PM

There’s a reason why Brad Pitt and Angelina would only appear on Today if “interviewed” by Ann.

The world wanted to know about the Brangelina madness yet here’s Ann with Brad when he was on the cover of every tabloid in the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2018 5:14 PM

[quote] So it was p -- a verbal -- sexual --

What?!

Are her words censored or is she this inarticulate?

by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2018 5:15 PM

She's too classy. That's probably why the Today Show thought they could get away with railroading her in such terrible fashion. Stand up for yourself, girl! Matt doesn't deserve your grace.

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2018 3:25 AM

She was avoiding the questions. Talked about there being "more important issues"

Well until women are willing to face their darkness and share it as men are forced to, they will continually be replaced by hard hitters.

She was as limp as they come and STILL told us nothing about how this effected her PERSONALLY before bursting out with platitudes about some "opening up to life; the good and the bad" WHAT was bad Annie baby? What PERSONALLY did YOU learn about your fucking self??

If you aint gonna reveal yourself how you gonna have revealing interviews.

And put a clip on that hair.

by Anonymousreply 13January 23, 2018 10:03 AM

Reading the quote above, it looks like all she did was demonstrate why she didn’t belong on The Today Show.

by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2018 10:16 AM

EXACTLY R14!

by Anonymousreply 15January 23, 2018 10:26 AM

[quote]"At -- at NBC at the time when you were there?" O'Donnell said. "I don't wanna cause more pain. But no, I'm -- you are asking me a very direct question. I'm an honest person. I wanna tell you that it was. Yes. Period," Curry replied.

So she knew what was going on, but remained $ilent.

by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2018 10:50 AM

Despite the word salad, it does sound like an unpleasant work environment. I always found her a bit strange though and the Brad Pitt interview was very weird.

by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2018 11:37 AM

Ann Curry seemed dumb as grass back then. Still seems dumb as grass now.

by Anonymousreply 18January 23, 2018 11:55 AM

This bitch can’t put two cogent sentences together without a teleprompter.

by Anonymousreply 19January 23, 2018 1:22 PM

But she’s a woman! And she’s Asian!!!!

by Anonymousreply 20January 23, 2018 1:55 PM

She should be on The View everyday.

by Anonymousreply 21January 23, 2018 5:31 PM

what, as punishment for being so bland?

by Anonymousreply 22January 23, 2018 6:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!