Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How to allow DL to send me notifications?

I clicked no.......but now I've decided I want to see if I get any W and Ws.

by Anonymousreply 20December 24, 2018 3:06 PM

What browser are you using? In Chrome, click the space in the address bar before https (says "Secure"), and then enable notifications. If you're using Firefox, do the same, but click on "Permissions".

by Anonymousreply 1January 16, 2018 11:42 PM

Damn, DL cut off my post because I used a blocked word!

Anyway, in Chrome click on the space in the address bar before the datalounge.com address (says "Secure") and then enable notifications. If you're using Firefox, do the same, but click on "Permissions".

by Anonymousreply 2January 16, 2018 11:44 PM

what about in internet explorer? I'm using somebody else's computer and that is all they have.

by Anonymousreply 3January 16, 2018 11:54 PM

What's the banned word? T Y P E I T O U T L I K E T H I S

O

R

L

I

K

E

T

H

I

S

by Anonymousreply 4January 16, 2018 11:55 PM

Can one receive DL notifications on an iPhone?

by Anonymousreply 5January 16, 2018 11:56 PM

R3 They can only be enabled in Edge, I'm afraid. Internet Explorer isn't supported for push notifications anymore as it's just too old. However, you can install this little standalone program if you really want to see them on IE (version 10 or 11).

R4 The banned term was H T T P S.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2018 12:03 AM

Can I get it on android? X

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2018 12:16 AM

free hugs

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2018 12:17 AM

Someone said in another thread he gets notifications on his phone as well but in general, posters have reported that can't be done. At least when it comes to DL.

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2018 12:30 AM

I'm on Apple Mac Safari and it has a little icon of a padlock in the address bar before the datalounge.com address.

When I click on it, it says "Encryption with a digital certificate keeps information private as it's sent to or from https website www.datalounge.com."

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2018 12:49 AM

Yeah, you have to go to Preferences and enable notifications from there if you're using Safari.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2018 12:56 AM

Is there any way to do this on an iPad in safari?

by Anonymousreply 12April 29, 2018 1:18 PM

I haven't found a way with iOS, R12.

But I have my iMac announce my W&Ws. "Pardon me! One poster liked your post!"

by Anonymousreply 13April 29, 2018 1:55 PM

Don't worry op, I will help you out. You never had any ww, but lots of ff

by Anonymousreply 14April 29, 2018 3:21 PM

bump for someone in the "Do you get a notification if you get an F and F?" thread

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2018 9:06 AM

On a Mac, go to your Notifications under the Safari tab and turn on the announcement slide button.

by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2018 1:00 PM

Can someone please like this post? I need to test this out. I wonder if it works.

by Anonymousreply 17December 24, 2018 2:53 PM

Can someone tell me how to "unblock" posters? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 18December 24, 2018 2:59 PM

While it’s sort of sweet that the poster gets notified if someone likes their post, why can’t we all see how popular or unpopular a post is?

by Anonymousreply 19December 24, 2018 3:05 PM

You have to tweet the url.

by Anonymousreply 20December 24, 2018 3:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!