Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Katya Zamolodchikova Taking a Break from the Biz Called Show

Has drug issues that he wants to deal with.

Good for him.

I wonder how pissed Trixie is, now that they have their new TV show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 28, 2018 1:40 AM

They have already taped all the Trixie and Katya shows for the season so she is good. Trixie has a while to ride out her All Stars win so they should be good till the fall.

by Anonymousreply 1January 16, 2018 11:01 PM

Uh we know Trixie won all-stars? Did they film the finale? I know about the radio slip.

So where is the link to Katya in French, cherie?

by Anonymousreply 2January 16, 2018 11:09 PM

It is heavily rumored that Trixie won All Stars, I doubt even Trixie knows for sure. They film multiple crownings.

by Anonymousreply 3January 16, 2018 11:14 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2018 12:27 AM

I know Trixie though mutual friends. He is very nice. And funny. But not "ON" when not performing, which I really like.

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2018 1:02 AM

They don't film multiple crownings for All Stars just Drag Race. Everyone knew Alaska won before as2 aired.

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2018 3:06 AM

A thread about Katya and all the responses are about Trixie.

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2018 3:36 AM

Katya stole my last name.

Elena. Olympic gold medalist.

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2018 3:36 AM

Katya Zamolochogiva has collapsed!

I was trotting along and suddenly

it started raining and snowing

and you said it was hailing

but hailing hits you on the head

hard so it was really snowing and

raining and I was in such a hurry

to meet you but the traffic

was acting exactly like the sky

and suddenly I see a headline

Katya Zamolodoony has collapsed!

there is no snow in Hollywood

there is no rain in California

I have been to lots of parties

and acted perfectly disgraceful

but I never actually collapsed

oh Katya Zamorama we love you get up

by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2018 3:39 AM

Cancelled all gigs for the year.

"Hi, I am not Katya, my name is Brian..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2018 2:04 PM

Wow. Goodbye, career. Self-Sabotage 101. I hope he heals and finds peace.

The “Help Me I’m Dying” Show was made possible through a very successful Kickstarter-type campaign a few years ago. I hope the fans who sent him all that money are forgiving.

by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2018 3:46 PM

I vill tour for heem!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 17, 2018 4:04 PM

Deleted her Twitter

by Anonymousreply 13January 17, 2018 5:24 PM

Her Twitter was obviously how she communicated with her dealer!

by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2018 5:30 PM

Katya's YouTube videos done after shows were getting a bit disturbing. He wasn't out of it but very hostile and clearly stressed out. How in the fuck did Trixie win All Stars 3? He's not talented and his looks suck. All the All Stars winners have been giveaways to $popular$ contestants. Alyssa or Katya deserved to win All Stars 2 but it was rigged for Alaska. Same with the terrible first one going to the ancient and boring Chad Michaels. Even Cher doesn't like him. Katya is pretty clearly troubled with brain disorders, ADHD and pressured speech, the tics and inappropriate vocal sounds, tangential word salad. It made her famous. But BRIAN always appeared to suffer the after effects of his previous meth addiction. It can ruin your brain function and nervous system for life.

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2018 5:37 PM

I'll be his fan forever. Hope he gets healthy

by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2018 5:41 PM

R9 I love this poem.

Its author deserve the DL [italic] ee cummingsinsideme fellowship, [/italic] to create more!

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2018 5:53 PM

What did Cher say about Chad Michaels?

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2018 5:56 PM

Cher never said anything bad about Chad Michaels but he is not the drag queen she acknowledges when speaking of the ones who do her best. The Talk had him on when Cher was on for the day and she didn't even look at him. Chad has only met Cher once, but she has not only met but hired other drag queens who perform as her. Chad's face is pretty busted and he has no sense of humor or irony about what he does so it's easy to see why Cher wouldn't be impressed by him. He's a bit creepy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2018 6:09 PM

From an interview in Billboard, a couple months ago...

Katya: So to be honest, I live a rollercoaster life of drug abuse and sobriety, and I’m currently not on heavy-duty narcotics now, so our relationship is good [laughs]. If you’ve ever known a drug addict or a drunk, Elyssa, you know that if the person is in active addiction, it’s very troubling. If you add money and a professional relationship into the mix, it’s very troubling. The thing now is, [sobriety] only happens one day at a time, which is even more troubling to a non-addict. Because you can’t say I’m straight, I’m done for good. But for today I’m done and I kind of do it for [Trixie], I do it for other things, too, but I do it a lot for her.

Trixie: Our friendship exists in physical distance all the time because we’re never in the same place together. When she’s not in a super-healthy chemical space, there’s added emotional, mental distance, too. It’s always good but when we’re on the same page, when I’m happy and when she’s happy, it’s absolutely perfect, it’s great.

Katya: The thing is, when I show up to work on drugs, I’m not really showing up. And that’s a huge problem when you’re doing improv with someone, when 30 percent of my energy at least, probably more like 60 percent of my energy is trying to conceal the fact that I’m on drugs, I’m not fully present enough to react in the moment to her authentically, and that’s a real big problem. And thank god I vibrate at 180 percent most of the time so I can shave off a few but it’s just not going to be as good as it can be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2018 6:12 PM

Aw, poor Chad. He seems like the type of person who would have chintz throw pillows and a stuffed kitty on his bed. It was also funny that he was so defensive about how Cher never said "hooooooeewooo!" or whatever the proper written form of that is. Didn't he get plastic surgery to look more like her, too?

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2018 6:14 PM

I do have to agree though - either never have idols, or never meet or talk to your idols. It will always be disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2018 6:14 PM

Katya is taking a year off - Trixie talked to Hiffington Post and it sounded like she was okay with it but it also sounded like the end of Trixie and Katya.

by Anonymousreply 23January 19, 2018 1:51 AM

If she really stays away for a whole year, I can’t imagine her coming back.

Most of her appeal is being wacky and unpredictable and manic—is that fueled by drugs? If she behaves that way next year, will people suspect that she’s using? Will people feel sorry for her?

A drag queen is tough as nails and the life of the party, not someone fragile who requires mental care.

by Anonymousreply 24January 19, 2018 2:00 AM

Katya has always been very open about the fact she was a drug addict in recovery though, I mean it isn't that surprising she relapsed. Most addicts do.

She is who she is, the warts of her personality is what have helped make her such an interesting entertainer.

by Anonymousreply 25January 19, 2018 2:04 AM

Katya has been phoning it in, being repetitive, missing the beats and getting the timing off - it has been obvious she needs a break, and so does the audience. I like him a lot, but too much of too much is - too much.

by Anonymousreply 26January 19, 2018 2:10 AM

I don't really like the guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 19, 2018 3:36 AM

It's absolutely the right thing to stop the train and take a break. And years fly by so quickly now, there will be an audience for him still when he comes back.

by Anonymousreply 28January 19, 2018 4:20 AM

It looks like Katya is seriously not coming back - Trixie posted an Instagram video of her filming an episode of the Viceland show with Bob the Drag Queen as Katya's replacement. They just got another 6 episode order, so Bob will probably be taking over.

Bob made a joke at a Drag Con panel last year saying that the T&K YouTube show was an example of someone taking advantage of a person with a major mental illness (Katya). While everyone laughed, it does seem very telling.

by Anonymousreply 29February 13, 2018 4:45 AM

Bob sucks. I hope Trixie can move on to bigger and better things when Bob tanks the show.

by Anonymousreply 30February 13, 2018 4:55 AM

[quote]It looks like Katya is seriously not coming back

Did you think she was joking about taking a break?

by Anonymousreply 31February 13, 2018 1:21 PM

Saw Bob do a live comedy show (not lip sych) and she was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 32February 13, 2018 1:27 PM

The show is a hit - it's a big deal to hit pause on your career just as things are rapidly ascending. Addiction is a serious issue, but Katya better hope Trixie is forgiving.

by Anonymousreply 33February 13, 2018 4:03 PM

Trixie loves Katya and knows she struggles with addiction. It was no secret.

by Anonymousreply 34February 13, 2018 10:21 PM

The show was created in response to the viral popularity of T&K. You can’t just toss two queens together and expect the same magic.

by Anonymousreply 35February 13, 2018 10:38 PM

I think it can work with Bob. Not the same magic as Katya but it can work.

by Anonymousreply 36February 14, 2018 2:20 AM

Are they going to change the name of the show?

by Anonymousreply 37February 14, 2018 3:32 AM

I don't think so - kind of how Raja is subbed out on FPR on youtube. IF they go to a season two and no Katya then yeah Trixie and Bob.

by Anonymousreply 38February 15, 2018 12:18 AM

Katya is kind of back. She has a podcast now. I wasn't a fan of her drag but really like the podcast. I never realised how interesting and intelligent she/Brian is.

by Anonymousreply 39April 23, 2018 6:52 AM

R39 - what’s the podcast called? Or do you have a link?

by Anonymousreply 40April 23, 2018 7:33 AM

There are some serious episodes which I actually prefer. I really like his perspective on things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 23, 2018 8:40 AM

The podcast is great - Brian is very intelligent but it's sadly obvious that he's been dealing with very serious mental health issues for years.

by Anonymousreply 42April 23, 2018 12:42 PM

He doesn't look sober in the photos.

by Anonymousreply 43April 23, 2018 2:20 PM

Is he back to performing as Katya? Or is that still months away?

Has he completed any rehab or mental health assessments? Or is that still months away?

by Anonymousreply 44April 23, 2018 3:58 PM

I believe he's been to rehab recently.

by Anonymousreply 45April 29, 2018 10:04 PM

He’s doing a brief panel at Drag Con as Brian (out of drag)

I guess he needs the money

by Anonymousreply 46April 29, 2018 10:11 PM

Did he do the DragCon panel? I can’t find anything on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 47May 27, 2018 9:39 PM

r47 Almost three minutes of it available here. Interesting exchange in the comments:

[quote]How is it that no one took a whole video of his talk??

[quote]Because the entire talk was about living now. He was so damn earnest and present the entire room held its collective breath for the duration of the talk. I left feeling like he was talking right to me, and I imagined everyone else did too. If there was anything to take away from the talk it’s this: life is messy and beautiful and isn’t lived through the phone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 27, 2018 9:43 PM

Hasn't he heard that Ru is going the Oprah/Guru way now? There's no room for two queens doing that schtick!

by Anonymousreply 49May 27, 2018 9:45 PM

I’m too old for the “I used to be fun and interesting but now I’m sober and boring and you should be, too” routine but maybe it’ll benefit his tween fans. Bless.

by Anonymousreply 50May 27, 2018 10:02 PM

Didn't Willam say that they don't get paid for doing panels at DragCon?

by Anonymousreply 51May 27, 2018 11:12 PM

If somebody is retiring from the public eye, what's the point in Datalounge tranny trolls continually bringing it up the person in a thread that has only 50 posts in a half-year, probably all posted by said tranny troll?

by Anonymousreply 52May 28, 2018 1:07 AM

r51 Aren't they paid for DragCon attendance in general? Seems a bit excessive that they'd get paid for individual panels as well.

r52 This thread is about a drag queen, not a trans person, hatemonger. Go be triggered somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 53May 28, 2018 1:28 AM

DragCon is probably the best opportunity for queens to connect with drag fanatics. The superfans who travel, buy tickets, wait in huge lines, and buy tons of merch are the people that the queens need to be with.

Willam should be glad that queens don’t have to pay to appear at DragCon. Yet.

by Anonymousreply 54May 28, 2018 1:36 AM

[quote] Aren't they paid for DragCon attendance in general?

No. They PAY to have a booth at DragCon -- and then hope to sell merchandise there and raise their profiles.

Ru is the one who makes bank at DragCon.

Katya was a mess at DragCon. He returned to the limelight much too soon.

by Anonymousreply 55May 28, 2018 1:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!