Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Poorly Rated Megyn Kelly Not Traveling to the Winter Olympics

She's OVER.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 20, 2018 12:08 AM

Who is she?

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2018 8:12 PM

Phew! Cancel that extra production run!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2018 8:14 PM

This is another nail in the coffin to her NBC career.

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2018 8:16 PM

Who will do the soppy "triumphing over adversity" human interest stories, then?

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2018 8:19 PM

She is so self centered, cold, and plastic.

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2018 8:20 PM

[quote]Who will do the soppy "triumphing over adversity" human interest stories, then?

That's what I was thinking. Conducting interviews over satellite is idiotic if that's what they're going to do. I wonder what the real story is.

by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2018 8:21 PM

Megan Kelly's vibe is obviously cold. What on earth made NBC think she would make a good daytime host?

by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2018 8:21 PM

Take the two weeks off, Meg. We'll let you know how it goes.

by Anonymousreply 8January 15, 2018 8:29 PM

She can't keep trading on her Aryan race looks forever. She'll probably be welcomed with open arms at neo-Nazi mouthpiece Breitbart.

by Anonymousreply 9January 15, 2018 9:15 PM

But, she was a contender for a medal in luge.

by Anonymousreply 10January 15, 2018 10:37 PM

R7 She's definitely more Dateline material.

by Anonymousreply 11January 15, 2018 10:54 PM

I’d rather just stay back in New York too if I were here. God I hate the Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 12January 15, 2018 10:57 PM

Her gestures don't ring true.

by Anonymousreply 13January 16, 2018 12:56 AM

And then there's this at the end of OP's article:

[quote]The blog claimed recently that now NBC is considering moving Kelly to the fourth hour, or 10 a.m. EST, and firing Gifford, in an effort to improve Kelly’s ratings.

by Anonymousreply 14January 16, 2018 1:07 AM

Is there a clause in her NBC contract that can have her fired?

by Anonymousreply 15January 16, 2018 1:10 AM

I am more than willing to sacrifice Kathie Lee Gifford’s career to watch Megyn Kelly fall further

by Anonymousreply 16January 16, 2018 1:11 AM

R14 They're willing to tear the whole network apart to appease her? Or are they pretending they didn't waste a bunch of money bringing her over?

by Anonymousreply 17January 16, 2018 6:04 AM

I'm just quoting the article, r17. I would imagine they're trying to get more for the enormous sum of money they're spending on her. I doubt that appeasing her fits into it.

by Anonymousreply 18January 17, 2018 4:55 AM

Could they sell her off for parts?

by Anonymousreply 19January 17, 2018 8:32 AM

Im sorry so many of you hate the Olympics. I actually think it's one of the few things the world sometimes comes together to do right.

No way will the network let her host an hour from New York during the Games, right? She'll be on paid leave.

by Anonymousreply 20January 17, 2018 10:31 PM

How is moving her to 10am and firing Kathy Lee supposed to improve her ratings?

by Anonymousreply 21January 17, 2018 10:40 PM

Oh no!

Who'll inform the South Koreans what color Santa Claus is?

by Anonymousreply 22January 17, 2018 10:41 PM

Next stop, Trump administration regardless of past bad blood.

by Anonymousreply 23January 17, 2018 10:45 PM

I don't hate Megyn Kelly, but she is SO out of her element on Today that it is painful to observe.

by Anonymousreply 24January 17, 2018 11:22 PM

She is staying back for one simple reason - in hopes that some major story will break and she will be the senior-most person to handle it. This is probably her last chance to break-through her otherwise awkward and lame tenure at NBC.

by Anonymousreply 25January 17, 2018 11:29 PM

If they move enormously popular Hoda and KLG to the 9 am hour, and have lots of guest hosts because God knows KLG doesn't work full weeks and takes the whole summer off, and have plenty of time to work out who gets to replace Gifford, who no doubt will remain a "senior contributor" to Today, etc...

And if they relegate Ms Megyn to the last hour---really, 10 am eastern, Ms Kelly? How sad.

Success and no problem with affiliates dropping the fourth hour. Am I wrong?

by Anonymousreply 26January 19, 2018 9:25 PM

YOU'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 27January 19, 2018 9:29 PM

Look out - she's not kidding around . . .

by Anonymousreply 28January 19, 2018 9:31 PM

[quote] Is there a clause in her NBC contract that can have her fired?

That may not be the clause in her contract to look for:

𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐌

January 16, 2018 Blind Item #16

This wannabe A list talk show host has some clauses in her contract that let her pass on things her colleagues can't. She has no interest in being away from home for several weeks so she took a pass. Plus, she knows if anything happens, she will be in line to be a much bigger star and make her mark.

( One of the comments at the link: ""Megan Kelly and the winter Olympics. She's making herself a "designated survivor." "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 19, 2018 9:35 PM

If they fire KLG, she can accuse them of ageism.

by Anonymousreply 30January 19, 2018 9:35 PM

If "anything happens" - she's having the plane with the other stars sabotaged!!@ She is pure evil!

by Anonymousreply 31January 19, 2018 9:40 PM

She might do OK at a Super Bowl or Stanley Cup. Young fresh winter olympians doesn't seem a good match.

by Anonymousreply 32January 19, 2018 9:45 PM

I'm pretty sure if I mentioned her name to anyone I know, the ones who wouldn't shrug would say " fat pigs, dogs, slobs.."

That's all she's famous for.

by Anonymousreply 33January 19, 2018 9:47 PM

It is such a lame show. (and boy the Fox News lighting team was really better for her. People used to say she looked like Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct on Fox. On NBC she looks like an overly hair processed.......well I guess the best way to describe it would be she looks Kelly Ripa-ish)

(Was home sick last week. Saw too much daytime TV.)

by Anonymousreply 34January 19, 2018 9:59 PM

R27 & R28 She wouldn't even let me be....well I can't say that word....in the brief window I was hot! Now I am a red face "closet drinker".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 20, 2018 12:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!