Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Private detective who ‘conned McCanns out of £300,000’ found dead

A private detective accused of conning the McCanns out of £300,000 has been found dead at a Surrey mansion covered in blood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 17, 2018 11:14 PM

Is he wearing lipstick? It's probably just blood from his latest victim. This is not in the least upsetting.

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2018 6:33 PM

The McCann case files have been public for years. I have no doubt in my mind, based on having read the files, that the British liaison and Portuguese Police were correct in that Madeleine tragically died in apartment 5a and her parents panicked and covered up her death.

I've never seen either couple display any actual grief.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2018 6:55 PM

That should have read as *either person (i.e., Gerry or Kate), not either couple.

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2018 7:03 PM

How did Maddy die though, R2?

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2018 8:35 PM

They'd been leaving the kids every night while they went out with their friends. The theory is that Maddie had apparently woken up one night and was really distressed to find they weren't in the apartment. The following night they'd supposedly started drugging the kids, and when they got back they realised that Maddie was no longer breathing, and so they'd covered up the death. The Portuguese police absolutely believe they were responsible, as do a large chunk of the British public.

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2018 9:12 PM

It’s so creepy the way people refer to her as “Maddy” or “Maddie,” when her actual family only ever called her Madeleine.

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2018 9:23 PM

[quote] I've never seen either couple display any actual grief.

Well, that's proof enough! Don't they know they're supposed to cry on cue to satisfy you?

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2018 9:25 PM

Some people don’t feel grief immediately. Shock is first.

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2018 9:28 PM

There has never been such a suspicious and corrupt case as Madeline McCann. Why have the British Government funded over £11 million for this one child, when the other missing children over the country are over looked?

R5 All the common belief of many. What you didn’t say was the child supposedly died several days before they reported her missing. When the Portuguese police got on the scene Interpol were already there. Gerry McCann was heavily connected and Gordon Brown was involved with the whole thing. Sending his own advisor Clarence Mitchell out to Portugal to deal with the press. The cadavor dogs went straight into the apartment and detected something in the wardrobe. Kate McCann also washed Madeline’s Cuddle Cat toy! What parent of a missing child would wash off their smell from a toy. Apparently the dogs had gone mental over the toy and she later claimed they could smell the corpses of the dead patients she’d visited with the toy cat in her bag?

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2018 9:37 PM

You'd think medical doctors would be able to properly drug their own child.

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2018 9:39 PM

How long until the tinfoil folks try to tie this to this Clintons?

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2018 9:51 PM

Didn't the police dogs go crazy re the trunk of the car as well?

So was she drugged, or did she injure and bleed somehow? What is the theory?

by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2018 9:53 PM

What part of, "having read the POLICE FILES," did you not understand, R7? That is what my opinion is based on. The fact the McCanns have never displayed any genuine grief over M's "disappearance" was merely an observation. I never said that was proof of their involvement. However, do you feel that Gerry McCann's behaviour (laughing and joking on the balcony), which was captured by a Portuguese cameraman within the first few days of M being missing, normal?

by Anonymousreply 13January 14, 2018 10:10 PM

Bye, “Captain Intolerance!”

by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2018 10:19 PM

I see I won the argument. Again.

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2018 10:46 PM

Apparently the local police were never allowed to conduct standard questioning of the McCanns following the incident?

by Anonymousreply 16January 15, 2018 1:05 AM

So what did they do with the body?

by Anonymousreply 17January 15, 2018 1:08 AM

The photo of the private detective looks like Mads Mikkelsen and Lindsey Graham met and had a baby.

by Anonymousreply 18January 15, 2018 2:26 AM

Would he be Graham Crackers, then?

by Anonymousreply 19January 15, 2018 2:32 AM

The Richard D Hall stuff on Youtube is one of the best sources of information on this subject. It's split up into parts because its so long. He goes through every detail of the case.

Interestingly, despite the McCann's threatening legal action against everyone else, they've never gone for Rich Hall. He's very careful how he says stuff. Worth watching for the information he uncovers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 15, 2018 10:21 AM

I find it hard to believe that two doctors injected their daughter incorrectly with some kind of sleeping agent, so she died. They give injections every day but they fuck this one up? Not likely. And then I’m supposed to believe they were so familiar with Portugal that they knew where to hide a body so that she would never be found. I’m not buying that either.

She was taken by someone who noticed the kids were unsupervised intermittently, possibly secuslly abuses or with the intention of selling her off and then definitely killed. There’s no way the kid of such a highly publicised case would be kept alive.

by Anonymousreply 21January 15, 2018 10:47 AM

*sexually abused

by Anonymousreply 22January 15, 2018 10:48 AM

I love that barky dog in R2. He sure does love his work! Look at his little tail wag. But, I think he’d cave under cross examination in court.

Defense: “so, barky dog, are you a good boy?”

by Anonymousreply 23January 15, 2018 12:43 PM

R21 I agree with you about the doctors accidentally overdosing the child. Even if they had, they'd have known that they could have come up with a good defense, especially since the mother also had twins to deal with. Plus I agree that they couldn't have hidden the body or at least, not well.

I've always thought it was pedo group. But I have my suspicions that the McCanns know full well what happened.

When the mother first discovered that Maddy was missing, she ran out of the apartment screaming 'They've taken her'. Who was she talking about?

The McCanns also spent some time visiting Clement Freud who had a house in Portugal. This was after the child disappeared. He's dead now but was a known paedophile. Mother McCann talks about how well they got on in her book.

Then there are the two colleagues of the 'Tapas How ever many' who had holidayed with the group previously. They reported seeing one man and Father McCann making sexual gestures about Maddy.

For me, leaving the kids on their own raises huge red flags. The McCanns were not the only ones leaving their kids alone, all the other families were too. If you look at the distance and the huge brick wall between the apartment and the Tapas Bar, it's quite unbelievable that educated people would leave the kids alone. There was also a babysitting service available, why didn't they use it?

I doubt we'll ever get to the truth.

by Anonymousreply 24January 15, 2018 3:29 PM

r24 if the lid finally blows off the UK/global paedo ring, you will get your answer on whether or not there was any connections to a child abuse ring. I have a feeling that the Queen's death will hasten that.

by Anonymousreply 25January 15, 2018 3:35 PM

I find it difficult to believe the McCanns had anything to do with Madelaine's disappearance, they were doctors for fucks sake. If they'd killed her they would be keeping a low profile, not wanting to draw suspicion to themselves or jeapordise their careers by launching the world's biggest and longest publicity campaign. As for showing grief, well you can see the strain in the mother's face and Gerald is Scottish.

by Anonymousreply 26January 15, 2018 3:45 PM

*was any connection

by Anonymousreply 27January 15, 2018 4:02 PM

R26 'They were doctors for fucks sake'.

Whats that got to do with it? Doctors kill. Harold Shipman killed at least 218 victims and is believed to have killed more. John Bodkin Adams was suspected of killing 163 victims. Both of these men were doctors.

As for keeping a low profile... they've made a lot of money by not keeping a low profile.

Then there's the super paranoid conspiracy thought that if the there is an elite pedo ring, what better way to stop people from telling than to keep reminding them of what will happen to their children if they were to speak up. (Sorry for the super long sentence)

Gerald may be Scottish but he comes across as a bit of a psychopath. The fact that he's a surgeon doesn't help. Surgeons always think they're god.

by Anonymousreply 28January 15, 2018 4:53 PM

"Gerald is Scottish."

And? What's your point, R26?

For those who find it hard to believe that two doctors would fuck up drugging their children so they could drink with their pals in peace - the general belief is that Madeleine either choked on her vomit, while K+G were at the tapas bar, or she woke up and fell behind the sofa and died from her injuries. Her pink blanket and a beach bag, which M's body could have easily fit inside, were missing. Police also noted how groggy their twins were. Portuguese police wanted to test their hair for drugging, but team McCann said no and cut the children's hair. They only agreed to a drug test after 6 months, and several haircuts, had passed.

One thing that always struck me as odd was how much control Kate and Gerry had in the investigation.

by Anonymousreply 29January 15, 2018 5:24 PM

They have made an inordinate amount of money from appeals. That's just a fact. There was a boy who went missing in Greece years before Madeline did in Portugal, and it didn't get half of the attention.

The thing that consistently gets me is the artist's impression of a man carrying a little girl. It looks so much like Gerry. That and the fact that the cadaver dogs identified that there was dead body in both the apartment, and the boot of the car. In terms of how or why they might have gotten away with it, there was always a lot of talk about him being a mason. I have no idea if that's tinfoil bullshit, but this is one of those cases that has always made me feel really uneasy.

by Anonymousreply 30January 16, 2018 10:29 PM

Simplest explanation is most likely. The parents did it.

by Anonymousreply 31January 16, 2018 11:07 PM

Back to the PI:

Esophageal varices.

by Anonymousreply 32January 17, 2018 12:33 AM

The American greed episode on this guy was one of the best. He was able to con many American and British intelligence people.

by Anonymousreply 33January 17, 2018 1:13 AM

Gay dad here. Our son (adopted at four mos old) has bi-polar disorder. Even taking him to the 'best' doctors it's appalling how even with the greatest care, how often these professionals can make mistakes with powerful psycho-tropic medication More than once a psychiatrist has over-shot the mark with a newly prescribed medication and left our son temporarily a drooling zombie or accidentally asleep for 24-hrs. And these are the experts.

by Anonymousreply 34January 17, 2018 1:47 AM

[quote] There’s no way the kid of such a highly publicised case would be kept alive.

Jaycee Lee Dugard was found alive in the same state (California) after 18 years, R21. It's very unlikely that Madeleine's still alive, but not impossible.

by Anonymousreply 35January 17, 2018 2:09 AM

Doctors, yes, but perhaps not used to using that drug on a child. Or perhaps they used just the amount they wanted.,ß

Look, the parents are involved. OJ did it, the Ramseys did it, Capt. MacDonald did it. That is why no other person has been found in connection to any of the aforementioned murder cases.

The McCanns might even have arranged for Madeleine's kidnapping/sale. They ate in a restaurant with no sight line to their condo. Plausible deniability. "Etched grief" might as likely be "etched guilty stress."

Stranger things have happened.

by Anonymousreply 36January 17, 2018 2:24 AM

iirc, little Madeleine screamed and cried FOR HOURS one night until finally someone in an adjoining unit reported it. I think a manager or some other liaison of the resort confronted the McCanns about the incident. After that, not a peep from the McCann kids during the following nights. I think that it is very likely that the kids were drugged so that the parents could drink and party well into the night, that's the first thing I thought when I first heard about her case. And it would be VERY easy for the parents to do, if they had liquid codeine or something to give her to drink, there are also suppositories, many ways to get meds with a sedative effect into small children other than via injection. Perhaps it was an honest accident, maybe Gerry gave Madeleine a dose, and then Kate, unaware of that dose, gave her one as well. But...and I hate to even think this, I have also wondered if some of the kids were drugged in order to sedate them while being molested. It's not like Gerry and his friends hid their perveted thoughts about small children. Maybe the "checking in on the kids" was actually "taking turns with each other's kids". That's terrible to say and I hope I'm wrong but there is something about the McCanns and their clan, especially the way they were protected, there is a big piece of the puzzle missing.

And Gerry...if anyone read his early blog entries, they are the work of a true narcissist sociopath. It was all about GERRY, he clearly was reveling in his new-found celebrity. I remember when Madeleine was only missing for weeks, he was jetting all over the place giving interviews and rubbing elbows with people he found desirable. He even came to the US and was APPALLED that First Lady Laura Bush did not have time to pencil him into her schedule for a personal meet up. I just found his behavior to be very odd and self-serving. It was very unlikely that Madeleine had been brought to the US, and it was far too early for him to be in "victim's advocate" mode.

I'm curious about the theories that Madeleine had died actually earlier than the evening she went missing, if anyone is willing to expand on that theory.

by Anonymousreply 37January 17, 2018 2:30 AM

There is something very suspicious about this case. I don’t know if the parents did accidentally overdose her or she was taken, but either way the parents prioritised going out for a meal and drinks instead of looking after their children. Yes shock horror DOCTORS can be negligent parents. If these parents had been working class or on benefits social services would probably have taken the other two kids off them. No other missing British child has ever been given the amount of money towards funding them as Maddie has. Everytime the money runs out the police say they “have a new lead” and are given more money towards the search. The Portuguese detectives book which isn’t available in the UK (I found it online) is very interesting reading too. Kate also refused to answer a number of questions whilst being interviewed by police. Why wouldn’t you want to cooperate fully ? I don’t think we’ll ever get to the bottom of it but the Portuguese detective did say they it seemed they were being given special treatment and he didn’t understand why. By the way, I do fully understand there are two sides to every story and there was criticism of how the Portuguese police were handling the case. I’m just saying it’s worth a read and there just isn’t something quite right about this case ..

by Anonymousreply 38January 17, 2018 5:07 PM

Crazy though it may seem, these police sketches are authentic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 17, 2018 5:18 PM

Even CBS News aired the sketches back in 2013.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 17, 2018 5:20 PM

The Podestas really do match those sketches! Who are they and how do they relate to the case?

by Anonymousreply 41January 17, 2018 5:29 PM

Look who else matches the police sketches . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 17, 2018 5:34 PM

Who is the pock-marked guy and the Maxwell lady? I wish I were more familiar with the details of this case. If I have time later today I'm going to watch the YT documentary suggested upthread.

by Anonymousreply 43January 17, 2018 5:38 PM

The parents, through their neglect did it.

They are both well respected, middle class professionals who had a lot to lose, so they made up the abduction claim to cover themselves.

I believe the Portuguese investigator. He had no axe to grind, he just wanted the truth. It's why the McCann's spent so much money (from their charitable fund) to block the publication of his book.

The irony is, I think if the McCann's had admitted responsibility and showed some remorse the public might have forgiven them and they'd be given a second chance.

But the involvement of government ministers and the media made it an unstoppable snowball that grew and grew. There was no turning back.

They should still come clean though, because a lot of public money has been spent that could have been used searching for other missing children instead. That makes me angry.

by Anonymousreply 44January 17, 2018 6:13 PM

John and Tony Podesta did it!

Confirmed FBI Anon Information

One of our FBI insiders can confirmed the Intelligence community indicates John and Tony Podesta were in Praia da Luz, Portugal on May 3rd 2007– the day Madeleine McCann vanished.The Podesta brothers were staying with a friend named “Clem.” Clement Freud, the grandson of psychopathology sex expert Dr. Sigmund Freud, who was known to be a pedophile. This is a quote from our insider: “Of greater interest is that fact that Freud owned a villa in Praia da Luz.”It was then revealed that Clement Freud's villa in which the Podesta Brothers were staying, was in fact only a third of a mile from the exact location from which Madeleine was taken:

by Anonymousreply 45January 17, 2018 6:23 PM

Here is the link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 17, 2018 6:23 PM

This reminds me of a type of clock.

by Anonymousreply 47January 17, 2018 6:35 PM

If the parents were responsible, why did they shell out 300K to the fake private detective? That seems odd to me. Was this money from the charitable fund as well?

by Anonymousreply 48January 17, 2018 7:37 PM

R48, the McCanns raised millions for their trust. I assume that they had to spend some of that to look legitimate.

by Anonymousreply 49January 17, 2018 11:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!