Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nancy Davis, Actress

Her film career baffles me. She wasn't traditionally pretty or sexy, and just a competent actress. Yet she was signed- to a contract at MGM!

"Following her graduation from college, Davis held jobs in Chicago as a sales clerk in Marshall Field's department store and as a nurse's aide. With the help of her mother's colleagues in theatre, including ZaSu Pitts, Walter Huston, and Spencer Tracy, she pursued a professional career as an actress. She first gained a part in Pitts' 1945 road tour of Ramshackle Inn, moving to New York City. She landed the role of Si-Tchun, a lady-in-waiting, in the 1946 Broadway musical about the Orient, Lute Song, starring Mary Martin and a pre-fame Yul Brynner. The show's producer told her, "You look like you could be Chinese."

After passing a screen test, she moved to California and signed a seven-year contract with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM) in 1949, she later remarked, "Joining Metro was like walking into a dream world." Her combination of attractive appearance—centered on her large eyes—and somewhat distant and understated manner made her hard at first for MGM to cast and publicize. Davis appeared in eleven feature films, usually typecast as a "loyal housewife", "responsible young mother", or "the steady woman". Jane Powell, Debbie Reynolds, Leslie Caron, and Janet Leigh were among the actresses with whom she competed for roles at MGM."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 21, 2018 10:34 PM

Wonder where she learned to suck the chrome off a Studebaker's bumper?

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2018 5:47 PM

She was an EXPERT cocksucker.

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2018 5:48 PM

I wonder if Melania ever took Nancy's course?

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2018 5:51 PM

She worked at Marshall Field's? No wonder they were taken over by low end Macy's!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2018 5:56 PM

[quote] She was an EXPERT cocksucker.

I learned it by watching her.

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2018 5:56 PM

Yes. No actress, save for Shirley Jones and Jessica Lange, had a reputation as well-established for having begun her career on her back.

Oh, well.

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2018 6:00 PM

[quote] She worked at Marshall Field's? No wonder they were taken over by low end Macy's!!!!!

They wouldn't have if I were real and not just a TV character.

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2018 6:02 PM

R6 is right.

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2018 6:06 PM

[quote]She was an EXPERT cocksucker.

She was my IDOL!

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2018 6:08 PM

I much preferred her sister Bette.

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2018 6:12 PM

Love you William! Say hi to Ja net du Boys! Love you guys!

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2018 6:20 PM

CHEESECAKE!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2018 6:25 PM

She was Benny Thau's personal cocksucker.

by Anonymousreply 13January 14, 2018 6:26 PM

She was a whore, Blanche

by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2018 6:27 PM

Just say no? Bitch, practice what you preach!

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2018 6:28 PM

Just say Ho.

by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2018 6:29 PM

Young and pensive.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2018 6:29 PM

Excelled at casting couch and casket dance.

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2018 6:30 PM

What’s up with her eyes in R12’s picture?

by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2018 6:32 PM

Jane Wyman had four other husbands besides Reagan. Apparently she couldn't just say no either.

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2018 6:34 PM

Even beyond the cocksucking: though pretty, she wasn't exceptionally beautiful and she certainly was not glamorous, but the studios needed women in the early 1950s to play housewives, and those were almost entirely the roles Nancy was given. (You couldn't have Arlene Dahl or Elizabeth Taylor as a very believable ordinary housewife.) Indeed, sometimes people got so sick of the MGM glamour gals always being foisted on them that someone as ordinary looking as June Allyson could become a big star just by NOT looking like that. Although Nancy Davis was prettier than June Allyson, she wasn't as charismatic as Allyson, and so she mostly got loser roles until she became Ronald Reagan's wife--and then she was given the role of a lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2018 6:34 PM

She looked like she was in her 40s even when she was a young newcomer.

by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2018 6:35 PM

She had fat legs and ankles. She had a reporter thrown off the 1980 campaign plane when she wrote that Nancy had "piano legs."

by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2018 6:40 PM

[quote]Her film career baffles me. She wasn't traditionally pretty or sexy, and just a competent actress. Yet she was signed- to a contract at MGM!

MGM didn't just sign glamorous leading ladies and gentlemen. They needed competent regular-looking Joes and Joannes to play the character parts, the sidekicks, the villains, and to be the B-picture and short film players. Nancy had that "supportive wife" look about her, so she was frequently cast in those parts.

by Anonymousreply 24January 14, 2018 6:42 PM

[quote] She had a reporter thrown off the 1980 campaign plane when she wrote that Nancy had "piano legs."

I think you're mixing up stories. When someone wrote that she had "piano legs" she went into hiding for several days because she was so depressed, but I don't think she had anyone thrown off a place for that.

by Anonymousreply 25January 14, 2018 6:45 PM

Where did Nancy get the reputation for being an expert cocksucker? Just curious, was it in someone’s autobiography? It’s not a bad thing to be be but you don’t want to be famous for it. Or do you?

by Anonymousreply 26January 14, 2018 6:56 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 14, 2018 6:58 PM

Jane Wyman and Nancy Reagan both have large wide-set eyes. Ronald Reagan must have gone for that look. I don't fine either especially attractive, they have a more wholesome, clean look, but not beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 28January 14, 2018 7:03 PM

that slut, she never held a candle to me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 14, 2018 7:03 PM

R26, it was mentioned in Kitty Kelley's unauthorized biography on Nancy and in Patricia Seaton Lawford's book on her late husband Peter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 14, 2018 7:04 PM

She was pregnant when she married her beloved Ronnie, so evidently she occasionally gave up the snatch instead of just sucking like a Hoover.

by Anonymousreply 31January 14, 2018 7:05 PM

SPY also did an article when her husband left office where they talked about her cocksucking rep in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 32January 14, 2018 7:06 PM

She had a big mouth- that helps.

by Anonymousreply 33January 14, 2018 7:07 PM

The rumor had been around prior to the Kelley/Lawford books--Spy Magazine alluded to it in the 80s i believe.

Reagan loved ball busting women-Jane Wyman, Nancy, Margaret Thatcher, Jeanne Kirkpatrick....

by Anonymousreply 34January 14, 2018 7:08 PM

Well someone had to play the “normies”! Certainly wasn’t my bag.

by Anonymousreply 35January 14, 2018 7:13 PM

Thanks, R30. I loved that article, especially this:

[quote]She will be buried next to her corporate sellout husband, whom she cheated on with Frank Sinatra upstairs at the White House whenever the commander-in-chief was out of town on business.

by Anonymousreply 36January 14, 2018 7:17 PM

Did Barbara Sinatra know about them?

by Anonymousreply 37January 14, 2018 7:21 PM

Milton Berle, who reputedly had a 14" cock, was at a Reagan-era White House function when he boasted about the First Lady, "I fucked her 50 years ago!" No doubt she had a go deepthroating that humungous member.

by Anonymousreply 38January 14, 2018 7:27 PM

She did r37 (or at least was suspicious) and she hated Nancy. The Sinatras came to one of the first White House State Dinners. Nancy sat Frank next to her and Barbara in Siberia. There's a picture from that night that shows Frank and Nancy dancing closely and Reagan trying to cut in.

The Kitty Kelley book is required reading for any DL'er. Nancy was a grade A cunt, and Kitty did not find one redeeming quality.

by Anonymousreply 39January 14, 2018 7:30 PM

Nancy wasn't ball busting r34....

by Anonymousreply 40January 14, 2018 7:33 PM

Bios say she was born in "New York City." A two-story frame house at 149-40 Roosevelt Avenue in Flushing which still stands.

by Anonymousreply 41January 14, 2018 7:41 PM

[quote]She landed the role of Si-Tchun, a lady-in-waiting, in the 1946 Broadway musical about the Orient, Lute Song, starring Mary Martin and a pre-fame Yul Brynner.

But she was never a Chu-Chu girl from Chu-Chin-Chow, now, was she?

by Anonymousreply 42January 14, 2018 7:46 PM

Apparently the secret of her success in life and love was that she'd wait until a guy was ready to cum, and then she'd plunge two fingers up his ass. They never knew what hit them. And then, of course, after they exploded they realized what had happened and she'd smile, like her fingers and say, "We wouldn't anyone to know our little secret about how you really like to get off, would we?"

Ka-CHING.

by Anonymousreply 43January 14, 2018 7:56 PM

Supposedly on a road trip to Arizona Nancy sat in the back seat between actors Peter Lawford and Robert Walker and was able to pleasure them both simultaneously to pass the time.

by Anonymousreply 44January 14, 2018 8:14 PM

Come on! Could you see Nancy Reagan as a nurse’s aid, emptying bedpans?

by Anonymousreply 45January 14, 2018 8:19 PM

give Her some credit...she worked hard enough to know how to get aHEAD.

by Anonymousreply 46January 14, 2018 8:25 PM

Such a fucking whore! Funny!

by Anonymousreply 47January 14, 2018 8:37 PM

Not a fan of either her acting or politics but that doesn't mean I've ever believed those cock-sucking stories about her.

by Anonymousreply 48January 14, 2018 8:40 PM

Once Crawford was out the door, they let any old trash through the gates.

by Anonymousreply 49January 14, 2018 8:42 PM

[quote]She looked like she was in her 40s even when she was a young newcomer.

This.

[quote]Her combination of attractive appearance

[italic]Attractive???[/italic] Oh, my sides!!! In what alternate universe?

She put the “PAF” in PLAIN AS FUCK!

by Anonymousreply 50January 14, 2018 8:49 PM

Sort of had the look of OMG, so that is SURPRISE ANAL!!!

by Anonymousreply 51January 14, 2018 9:41 PM

The mafia knew she wouldn't rat on them.

by Anonymousreply 52January 14, 2018 9:46 PM

She was probably one of the worst actresses ever. All she could do is suck dick and take it up the ass.

by Anonymousreply 53January 14, 2018 9:54 PM

After Nancy, I don't know why people are bagging on Melina.

by Anonymousreply 54January 14, 2018 9:58 PM

Then there really isn't any hope for you r54.

by Anonymousreply 55January 14, 2018 10:01 PM

Then provide some genuine documentation for the rumors, r55. You can't because there isn't any. No one has ever gone on the record with it. It's just gossip anyone could have invented.

by Anonymousreply 56January 14, 2018 10:06 PM

You don't think there's ample reasons to "bag on" Melania r56?

by Anonymousreply 57January 14, 2018 10:11 PM

[quote]After Nancy, I don't know why people are bagging on Melina.

Don't drag me into this!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 14, 2018 10:12 PM

I don't think she lasted long at MGM. She was too old to be a starlet and they had plenty of other girls next door with more talent. She ended her career in drek like Donovan's Brain and Hellcats of the Navy (with Ronnie). The Reagan library had an exhibit on her movie career--it wasn't very large and it would have been obvious to Helen Keller that Nancy didn't have much of a career. No mention of the blow jobs, though.

by Anonymousreply 59January 15, 2018 1:01 AM

Watch her in "Hellcats of the Navy", she wasn't all that competent an actress.

by Anonymousreply 60January 15, 2018 1:02 AM

She was actually far more attractive as she got older. I don't think she was pretty at all when she was younger.

by Anonymousreply 61January 15, 2018 1:12 AM

Kitty Kelly has lots of documentation of the b-j queen. I loaned the book to someone who never returned it, but after Nans visited one of the studio big-shots, there was always a used condom in the wastebasket.

She really was a talentless whore. It says a lot when your own daughter has herself sterilized.

by Anonymousreply 62January 15, 2018 1:28 AM

The only reason she had even an extremely modest acting career was due to her privileged background. John Houseman, the director of the Broadway show Lute Song wanted to fire Miss Davis. However, herstep father Dr. Loyal Davis was good friends with Mary Martin (I believe she may have stayed with him once while touring) and Mary insisted that Nancy stay. The same with her film career. In early 1949 someone at MGM noticed her and she was sent to Hollywood for a screen test. Her stepfather called old friend Spencer Tracy and told him to keep an eye on her. Tracy arranged for George Cukor to direct the screen test (can you imagine Cukor, the best and most famous director at MGM, directing screen tests?). After the test, Cukor insisted she wasn't good enough for a contract, but Tracy insisted she be hired and so she was. After Nancy became First Lady, Cukor would say about her career in films, "If I had a nickel for every Jew that Nancy was underneath, I would be a rich man."

by Anonymousreply 63January 15, 2018 1:35 AM

Her stepdad, Loyal Davis, was a thoroughgoing anti-semite.

by Anonymousreply 64January 15, 2018 1:59 AM

She made a cameo appearance on the cover of the Life magazine with the article about Ricky which showed Lucy's arm holding little Ricky. "If I had known what they were up to, I would have held the baby in my teeth!"

by Anonymousreply 65January 15, 2018 2:09 AM

I’ve been known to give the Kitty Kelly book as a gift.

by Anonymousreply 66January 15, 2018 2:10 AM

She really was rather homely. Huge head with that tiny narrow body.

by Anonymousreply 67January 15, 2018 3:54 AM

Probably no gag reflex helps.

by Anonymousreply 68January 15, 2018 4:18 AM

I know it's an unpopular opinion on here, but I thought she wasn't a bad actress at all. She had a very low key style that worked well, especially in retrospect. She wasn't an exciting actress, or a very pretty one, but she was certainly more than competent. That said, she was a truly horrible human being.

by Anonymousreply 69January 15, 2018 1:30 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 15, 2018 1:38 PM

And such a wonderful mother figure.

by Anonymousreply 71January 15, 2018 1:49 PM

She was an awful actress--checkout Hellcats of the Navy where she mostly gazes into Ronnie's eyes--she knew she had him where she wanted him. But otherwise, not much of a performance. She had ambition w/o a lot of talent.

by Anonymousreply 72January 15, 2018 1:50 PM

I'll say this, her friend Betsy Bloomingdale could really light up party. FLOTUS Nancy probably thought she was the big invite but people HAD to invite her and got Betsy as the pleasant bonus and person they felt like seeing.

by Anonymousreply 73January 15, 2018 1:51 PM

What R70 said, Amen.

by Anonymousreply 74January 15, 2018 2:13 PM

my god, she was a DOG!

by Anonymousreply 75January 15, 2018 3:04 PM

It's all due to who she knew and who she blew. Her looks and acting ability shouldn't have gotten her any further than a bit part in the teacher's lounge or the secretarial pool.....

by Anonymousreply 76January 15, 2018 4:14 PM

She really was a worse whore than Melanoma. Nancy spread her lips, pussy or ass for free. Unless you count the crumbs of acting jobs.

by Anonymousreply 77January 15, 2018 5:02 PM

Her most frequent co-star

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78January 15, 2018 5:46 PM

Broderick Crawford was a bj queen??!?

by Anonymousreply 79January 15, 2018 8:12 PM

Hollywood is a dirty Jewish world.

by Anonymousreply 80January 15, 2018 10:20 PM

[quote]All she could do is suck dick and take it up the ass.

Still, skills to be admired and respected.

by Anonymousreply 81January 15, 2018 10:27 PM

R63 Funny you should mention Mary Martin. Alla Nazimova was her godmother. So Mrs. Davis had some interesting friends.

by Anonymousreply 82January 15, 2018 10:31 PM

There long have been rumors about Broderick Crawford being gay.

by Anonymousreply 83January 15, 2018 10:52 PM

Broderick? Let the straights have him.

by Anonymousreply 84January 15, 2018 10:57 PM

Nancy Davis, Actress is just the wrong title for any thread.

Substitute Bitch, Blow-Job Queen, Does Anal on the First Date, Lousy Mother, Thief, Liar, Whore, soany good choices.

by Anonymousreply 85January 15, 2018 11:33 PM

I don't think Ronald Reagan would've married Nancy if she hadn't been pregnant with Patty.

Nancy was the queen of manipulators when it came to getting HER way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 17, 2018 4:46 PM

Are those soulless eyes, crazy eyes, or both?

by Anonymousreply 87January 17, 2018 7:27 PM

Is that Brenda Marshall in r86? She's modern gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 88January 18, 2018 4:30 AM

True story: after WWII the casket dance swept the nation replacing the jitterbug as America's number one dance craze.

Hollywood saw potential in young Nancy though she wouldn't exhibit her fine dancing skills for many years to come.

by Anonymousreply 89January 18, 2018 6:01 AM

Unlike Jackie, Nancy popularized no style . She dressed like a rich woman who knows about name brands. That doesn't take any imagination.

by Anonymousreply 90January 21, 2018 10:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!