Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Married at First Sight

OMG, what is the deal with the Jepthe?

by Anonymousreply 31October 25, 2020 12:42 PM

Shawniece and Jephte: The duo shares a laugh in their wedding portrait above. According to People, 29-year-old Shawniece is an entrepreneur and cosmetologist who is looking for someone who makes her laugh. And 26-year-old Jephte is a second grade teacher who is looking for a confident and outgoing partner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2018 7:45 AM

Whoever calls the shots at TLC is worth every cent they make. I swear between this show and 90-Day Fiance, Before 90-Day, and Happily Ever After, I'm glued to this crack.

I suspect Jepthe is gay, if not, he's not feeling his wife.

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2018 8:34 AM

Shawniece giving her new husband of four hours a lapdance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2018 9:33 AM

The face you make when you realize you’ve made a big mistake!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2018 9:34 AM

Can't wait for tonight's episode when the shit gets real for him.

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2018 10:00 AM

He's gay, and I don't know why he's on the show.

by Anonymousreply 6January 25, 2018 7:21 AM

Okay, I'm on the wife's side now that she's toned down, but he still doesn't want to be touched and keeps calling her a stranger.

The other chick, who lost the love of her life, doesn't need to be on this show only with Jefphe.

by Anonymousreply 7January 25, 2018 8:03 AM

The other wife on the show whose bf died a little over a year ago does not need to be on this show. That sucks for her husband to hear about the greatest love of her life is gone.

by Anonymousreply 8January 26, 2018 8:22 AM

Okay, Jepthe was human on tonight's episode, but he doesn't share a bed w/his wife on their honeymoon. He doesn't like to be touch. Next week, we find out he doesn't have a bed at his place. He's so strange.

by Anonymousreply 9February 5, 2018 5:55 AM

The gif is the big question for Jepthe's decision to be on this show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 5, 2018 8:22 AM

What, no episode this week?

by Anonymousreply 11February 15, 2018 6:15 AM

So, Jepthe turned it around and became human.

by Anonymousreply 12February 23, 2018 6:38 AM

So did anyone watch this week's episode? It was probably the best episode of the season for several reasons, but here was the corker:

Kate (the cute, chubby white gal) admitted to Dr. Pepper that she and Luke (the bearded asshole) have had sex, around six times in six weeks since their honeymoon. The thing is, Luke told Kate she could not admit the two had sex. What's weird is that after each sexual encounter, Luke sequesters himself in a room in their apartment, withdraws, and demands to be left alone for several hours. Then he treats her bad for the rest of the day.

I ask you MAFS viewers of DL -- what the fuck is that? Luke's gay, right? Why does he have sex with Kate, then runs off, locks himself in a room and takes an emotional rape shower for two to three hours afterwards? Self-hate? Denial?

I've never heard of anything like this and no amount of Googling is yielding answers.

by Anonymousreply 13March 17, 2019 6:22 PM

Luke is as gay as the day is long.

by Anonymousreply 14March 17, 2019 6:25 PM

I think the other white guy is gay as well.

by Anonymousreply 15March 18, 2019 6:24 AM

[quote]I ask you MAFS viewers of DL -- what the fuck is that? Luke's gay, right? Why does he have sex with Kate, then runs off, locks himself in a room and takes an emotional rape shower for two to three hours afterwards? Self-hate? Denial?

LOL. Yeah, it is strange. You would think he would need the hours to prepare him for sexy. After it is done, why seclude yourself?

by Anonymousreply 16March 18, 2019 6:27 AM

R15, I don't know if he's gay, but he sure is irritating as hell.

by Anonymousreply 17March 18, 2019 6:58 AM

At first, I thought he preferred women of color, as he stated. Why did the producers paired him with Kate, I'm thinking was done for entertainment value. Still, the weirdness, and his desire to stay married startles me. I think the only reason he wants to see this to the end is for the bonus money they get for sticking it out.

by Anonymousreply 18March 18, 2019 7:04 AM

Anyone watching this season, set in New Orleans? Henry, who, inexplicably, is besties with the Real World’s Trishelle, has to be the most awkward person who’s ever signed-on to be on a reality show.

by Anonymousreply 19August 27, 2020 12:37 AM

Henry has a nervous facial tic that’s hard to watch.

by Anonymousreply 20August 27, 2020 10:36 PM

Is anyone watching this current season, which started taping pre-pandemic? What so mysterious is when, once the pandemic hit, the participants are shown meeting with friends and family with nary a mask in sight. No social distancing is practiced, either. And the unfiltered shows, clearly all taped after “decision day,” which include individual members of the married couple, are equally mysterious. Initially they were done remotely, although this year’s cast members are seated closely together, again without masks. They are now no longer done remotely, but again cast members are also seated right next to each other without masks. It’s like they all exist in a parallel universe.

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2020 3:47 PM

So nobody’s watching the parallel universe that is this season?

by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2020 10:25 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 23October 24, 2020 10:41 PM

What is the premise for this show?

by Anonymousreply 24October 24, 2020 10:43 PM

People get married at first sight, R24. "Experts" match them, they meet @ the wedding, have a honeymoon. Shitshows ensue. Right now, it is Covid lockdown for our new couples.

by Anonymousreply 25October 24, 2020 10:47 PM

I’m surprised that’s legal. It shouldn’t be.

by Anonymousreply 26October 24, 2020 11:35 PM

R26, how is this concept different from in-family arranged marriages?

by Anonymousreply 27October 25, 2020 12:07 AM

They don’t meet at the altar. If they do, those should also be illegal.

by Anonymousreply 28October 25, 2020 12:44 AM

They may not meet at the altar, R28, but does the arranged couple have the right to veto their family’s choice?

by Anonymousreply 29October 25, 2020 12:54 AM

They do meet at the altar. It is different than a family arranged marriage, as this is arranged by a group of psychologists and other "experts". It is legal, as any consenting adult may marry another in any state, provided they can meet the local laws (blood tests/waiting period). If they don't work out, they divorce. Many do not consummate it, and there have been annulments.

No gay couples yet, though there was a lesbian one on the Australian version (it isn't a legal marriage there). The drama was DL Lesbian Drama realness.

I am ashamed that I have turned to this awful programming under lock down. But here I am, actually discussing it online.

by Anonymousreply 30October 25, 2020 10:30 AM

R30, my reference to them not meeting at the altar was not about this show, but to R28’s attempt to distinguish arranged marriages within families from marriages arranged by “the experts.”

Have you wondered how it is in this lockdown season there are no masks, no social distancing when the cast interacts with friends & relatives?

by Anonymousreply 31October 25, 2020 12:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!