Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dream about Nuclear War

I just had a dream about nuclear war It was scary , so sudden and fast. A bomb was dropped and I wondered if I had been killed, then I woke up.

by Anonymousreply 25January 19, 2018 11:19 AM

Shounds shcary!

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2018 4:26 AM

I had these all the time in the 80s. Inevitably I woke up relieved that the worst thing that happened was I still had to go to school that day.

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2018 4:28 AM

Dreams about tornados are scarier. They are a real threat every year.

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2018 4:29 AM

Stress dreams from the news.

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2018 4:33 AM

Getting killed immediately is preferable to watching your skin peel off, constant vomiting, and then a painful death.

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2018 4:34 AM

Think of the bright side, OP -- you wouldn't hear Trump's latest tweet.

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2018 4:34 AM

Stupid millennial! This is NOTHING compared to the Cold War.

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2018 4:36 AM

Very cute OP.

Go douche yourself and I'll hug you while I plow your ass.

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2018 4:39 AM

Same here, R2. Happened a handful of times in the late 70s and the 80s. A sense of dread, that something is wrong, followed by a distant mushroom cloud, sometimes a flash. Damn. I'm getting chills just describing it. Now, I'm gonna have one. Crap. At least I now know other people have had them.

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2018 4:44 AM

Was your butt hole on fire?

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2018 5:02 AM

Sounds like a Gen X dream. I had so many dreams in the eighties and even early nineties with nuclear flashes, mushroom clouds, EMP dropping out all the electrics, post-bomb scenes, radiation illness etc

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2018 5:27 AM

West Coasters have already been being irradiated constantly since 2011 thanks to our Allies the Japanese.

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2018 5:30 AM

And yet ongoing radiation level monitoring does not support that statement, R12.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2018 5:36 AM

No one talks about Fukashima anymore, but it’s still going on....and on.....and on......

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2018 6:29 AM

Anyone else have similar dreams lately?

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2018 12:57 PM

In my dream it was right before Christmas and we knew a giant meteor was going to hit. No one was buying anything, no one was out. The mood was totally somber and the focus was just on being with family. The world was ending soon and there was nothing anyone could do about but wait.

by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2018 2:56 PM

I had one about 10-15 years ago, OP. It was very realistic, and I have never forgotten it.

What’s interesting is that everything was going very well in my life at the time. In the dream, I had traveled to Europe with a relative, when it occurred. I’m not sure where we were exactly, but I’m assuming we were somewhere in France, because we were attempting to run and find shelter, having heard that a nuclear warhead was heading our way. I was reading all of the street signs in French, and translating them to my relative, while attempting to guide the relative and myself into a safe quarter.

Alas, we weren’t able to find a nuclear shelter in time, and suddenly everything became very bright. Brighter than normal daylight on a clear, sunny day, even though it was the middle of the night.

Here’s something else: this relative has asked me to travel with them several times in the last several years, all expenses paid, and I have turned down each and every offer each and every time.

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2018 3:11 PM

Thanks for the dream descriptions, R16, R17 and others. Very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 18January 13, 2018 3:16 PM

I had a dream of nuclear war back in the late 90's. I was away at camp in Pennsylvania with friends we heard then saw a mushroom cloud in the distance and we knew NYC was hit. I hope this never happens.

by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2018 3:18 PM

This is not about nuclear war, but was freaky when you think about what happened in 2001. In the/ late 1990's, I was living in a highrise apartment. I had this very vivid dream that I was looking out the window and saw an airliner flying way too low. It saw me looking at it and turned and headed straight to me. I woke up in a total panic state, sweating profusely. I had this dream several times. Once I must have sleepwalked because I woke up inside my front door trying to get the deadbolt unlocked because in my dream I had this feeling of impending doom, like something very bad was about to happen and I had to get out immediately. Then a few years later 9/11 happened.

by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2018 8:28 PM

I had a dream about a giant wave last night. I was standing on the beach and all of a sudden I saw a wave about 100 ft tall coming toward the shore. I ran and ran thinking, "It's going to catch me. It's going to break on top of me and crush me, then I'll drown." Then I woke up.

I have sleep apnea, so I probably needed more oxygen and my mind devised this scary dream to wake me up.

by Anonymousreply 21January 13, 2018 8:41 PM

R22, what’s that like? Are you ever frightened that you may not wake up? Does it happen often?

by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2018 2:49 PM

Oops! ^^^^ I meant that post for r21. Sorry!

by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2018 2:50 PM

Whitney Houston had such strong preminitions about 9/11 in the summer before the attacks that she left NYC.

by Anonymousreply 24January 14, 2018 3:07 PM

I’m always dreaming about cliche superstitious symbols like black cats & crosses & spooky old houses.

I like to think my subconscious is just very Extra and altogether Ooky.

by Anonymousreply 25January 19, 2018 11:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!