Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Actor Johnathon Schaech: I Was Molested by Director Franco Zeffirelli

Johnathon Schaech was 22 when acclaimed director Franco Zeffirelli cast him as the lead in his movie Sparrow. It was 1992, and the newcomer was thrilled to work with the Italian filmmaker, famed for films such as The Champ, La Traviata and Romeo and Juliet, for which he earned a 1969 Oscar nod for best director. But Schaech says Zeffirelli harassed and sexually abused him during the shoot, a trauma he’s kept secret for 25 years. Hopeful his story can help make positive change, the Ray Donovan actor, now 48, who rose to fame in That Thing You Do!, shared this first-person account with PEOPLE’s Elizabeth Leonard.

In a statement, Zeffirelli’s son, Pippo, denied his father, now 94, verbally or sexually abused Schaech, calling the accusations “not credible.” His full statement appears below Schaech’s account.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407March 13, 2018 10:44 PM

Interestingly enough, I was searching for existing threads and found seven threads about Schaech on DL, dating back to 2008. Plenty of interest in this guy around here back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2018 1:39 PM

Wait -- Zeffirelli has a son? As in, an actual biological offspring that's not adopted? He busted a nut into a woman at some point?

I find that much harder to believe than anything Schaech is claiming.

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2018 1:40 PM

How ironic that 1979's [italic]The Champ[/italic] was the least creepy film of Ricky Schroder's pre-[italic]Silver Spoons[/italic] career.

by Anonymousreply 3January 11, 2018 1:48 PM

My two cents:

I don't think you can call what happened to him a molestation. It may have been abuse or rape, but JS was not a child.

They talk to an ex GF and an ex and current wife....but interestingly, not to Christina Applegate (his first wife).

by Anonymousreply 4January 11, 2018 1:52 PM

Of course OP. Schaech was fucking sexy as fuck and starred in all those Araki movies in the 90s.

Goodness knows it would have taken self-discipline to keep your hands away from his sexy self.

by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2018 1:55 PM

if every hot young actor groped or worse by Franco Z. started talking ... And for his "son" i think he is an adopted adult.

by Anonymousreply 6January 11, 2018 2:06 PM

He's not saying any of this to cover up putting himself on a casting couch.

by Anonymousreply 7January 11, 2018 2:09 PM

Correct, not an adopted kid in the traditional sense

[quote]Several years ago, Mr. Zeffirelli adopted two adult sons, men he has known and worked with for years who now live with him, dote on him and help manage his affairs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 11, 2018 2:09 PM

He's still super hot in his middle age.

by Anonymousreply 9January 11, 2018 2:20 PM

I'm going straight to hell for getting totally turned on by Johnathon Schaech being molested while saying "no!" over and over.

by Anonymousreply 10January 11, 2018 2:31 PM

[quote] He's still super hot in his middle age.

I agree. He was hot then and he's still hot now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 11, 2018 2:35 PM

I forgot that he bearded for Ellen... see he would do anything for fame!

by Anonymousreply 12January 11, 2018 2:37 PM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 13January 11, 2018 2:38 PM

DL has talked about Zeffirelli being a creep before. I totally believe Schaech.

Btw, Zeffirelli gave Tom Cruise his first big break

by Anonymousreply 14January 11, 2018 2:39 PM

You just know that Zeffirelli was all up in Tammy's junk too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 11, 2018 2:51 PM

Sheffirelli.

by Anonymousreply 16January 11, 2018 2:56 PM

Ah, so he adopted his toyboys.

Yeah, in many countries you can adopt an adult. They mostly do it to get around restrictive inheritance laws.

by Anonymousreply 17January 11, 2018 2:57 PM

I'm italian and over here is a well known fact that Zeffirelli had his way with all the young beautiful men he cast in his movies. Just like his mentor Luchino Visconti. It's a beloved tradition, and he gave big breaks to all of them. Leave him alone. Also, it was already revelead in Withnall & I.

by Anonymousreply 18January 11, 2018 2:59 PM

Further on what R17 said... you can adopt adults in the US. Many were considering doing it to get around DACA.

by Anonymousreply 19January 11, 2018 3:00 PM

Vishconti.

by Anonymousreply 20January 11, 2018 3:00 PM

The stories of Zeffirelli molesting young men on movie sets and at the Metropolitan Opera are legion!!! He was just as bad as James Lavine.

by Anonymousreply 21January 11, 2018 3:01 PM

[quote]DL has talked about Zeffirelli being a creep before. I totally believe Schaech.

For sure, I don't think anyone doubts the veracity. Of course an old perv like Zeff wanted Jonathon.

by Anonymousreply 22January 11, 2018 3:01 PM

Gays sometimes adopted their lovers so their lovers could inherit their wealth without issue. I assume this is why Zeffirelli adopted adults.

by Anonymousreply 23January 11, 2018 3:01 PM

Zeffirelli also directed an acclaimed , well-done miniseries "Jesus of Nazareth" in the late 1970's. Probably had one of the most incredible casts ever assembled for Television. Wonder if he was banging anyone in that set.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 11, 2018 3:02 PM

Jeshush of Nasharesh.

by Anonymousreply 25January 11, 2018 3:03 PM

[quote]It's a beloved tradition, and he gave big breaks to all of them.

Oh, yes, I'm sure every straight guy like Schaech was simply delighted while this "beloved tradition" was taking place. What a warped view, but not surprising, coming from a country that is probably the cradle of toxic masculinity.

by Anonymousreply 26January 11, 2018 3:06 PM

James Spader, from Zeffirelli's "Endless Love."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 11, 2018 3:07 PM

[quote]I'm going straight to hell for getting totally turned on by Johnathon Schaech being molested

I'm going right to hell with you. This reasonable part of me knows this is wrong, but anonymously I can't deny it is hot to get confirmation that Schaech has engaged in the mansex.

by Anonymousreply 28January 11, 2018 3:08 PM

R27, that photo is from Pretty in Pink.

by Anonymousreply 29January 11, 2018 3:15 PM

I wonder what Tom Cruise had to do to get that role in Endless Love

by Anonymousreply 30January 11, 2018 3:19 PM

Did he fuck Leonard Whiting too, I wonder.

by Anonymousreply 31January 11, 2018 3:23 PM

What do you think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 11, 2018 3:25 PM

R32, I tapped that ass!

by Anonymousreply 33January 11, 2018 3:31 PM

A movie career in exchange for a 5 minutes bj by an old man??? Sign me up!!

by Anonymousreply 34January 11, 2018 3:31 PM

R34, giving someone a BJ is no guarantee of a career

by Anonymousreply 35January 11, 2018 3:34 PM

He knew exactly what he was doing.

by Anonymousreply 36January 11, 2018 3:34 PM

So was Franco all up in Tammy's butt or was it just oral?

by Anonymousreply 37January 11, 2018 3:38 PM

These actors like Jonathan Schaech and Rose McGowan traded in sexuality HARD. They cannot pretend they are not in some ways responsible for the effects that created. I'm not saying, blame the victim; I'm saying, victim, own your part in things.

by Anonymousreply 38January 11, 2018 3:39 PM

r38 I understand what you're saying, but when you're sound asleep in your hotel room and the old perv basically breaks into your and jumps on top of you in bed and won't stop when you say no, that's a whole different thing.

by Anonymousreply 39January 11, 2018 3:42 PM

I seem to remember him confessing to Rosie O that he had a crush on Cruise. He said it on her talk show back when.

by Anonymousreply 40January 11, 2018 3:58 PM

[quote]I'm italian and over here is a well known fact that Zeffirelli had his way with all the young beautiful men he cast in his movies. Just like his mentor Luchino Visconti. It's a beloved tradition, and he gave big breaks to all of them. Leave him alone.

Agreed.

Zeffirelli gave him a big break and the opportunity to work with a Master. Appreciate it and shut up. A little bit of sophistication in these matters, please.

It was years and years ago. And you were a man, not a helpless boy.

by Anonymousreply 41January 11, 2018 3:58 PM

r38 interesting that both of them were in The Doom Generation.

by Anonymousreply 42January 11, 2018 4:02 PM

Oh, boo fucking hoo. He let an old man suck his dick in exchange for a career. Get a grip on yourself, pussyboy.

by Anonymousreply 43January 11, 2018 4:04 PM

So jealous of franco and luchino. They had the hottest dicks of the 20th century! Damn.

by Anonymousreply 44January 11, 2018 4:09 PM

When I was young and living in NYC (1970s) a well known theatre director/actor (now dead) invited me to his place. Making a long story short, he proceeded to put his hands all over me.

I just told him I wasn't interested, I tried not to offend him, I tried to make light of the situation and I left. So big deal. The last thing I'd ever do screech about it now.

I was flattered he found me attractive ....and good for him for trying. Why not?

by Anonymousreply 45January 11, 2018 4:11 PM

I am so sick of Italians.

by Anonymousreply 46January 11, 2018 4:13 PM

We are sick of you too, r46. Please don't come.

by Anonymousreply 47January 11, 2018 4:15 PM

But didn't James Franco have you sign a contract for nudity, Mr. Lipnicki?

by Anonymousreply 48January 11, 2018 4:15 PM

[quote]We are sick of you too, [R46]. Please don't come. —Italians

Fuck you, crackers.

by Anonymousreply 49January 11, 2018 4:18 PM

R46 what ethnicity are you? Can't wait to hear...

by Anonymousreply 50January 11, 2018 4:19 PM

You have oceans of blood of people of color on your hands, you fucking fascists. I'm Jewish and GODDAMN proud of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 11, 2018 4:20 PM

Q: What's Italian for "psychopath?"

A: Italian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 11, 2018 4:20 PM

So since Zeffirelli was that grabby, did he have his hands on Martin Hewitt as well?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 11, 2018 4:20 PM

Trauma ? What a load of bullshit. A late friend of mine worked for Zeffirelli in the 70s. As did a whole bunch of his friends. Some were gay, some were straight. It was a given that Zeffirelli would try it on, chase you about a bit. He said he actually felt bad because they were all able to rebuff his advances easily but made sure to lead him on a bit as well because they were getting paid well and having a great time while they filmed in Italy. They were all amused by it. Certainly far from traumatised.

The only trauma possible here is that this bloke allowed something to happen and felt guilty afterwards...or he’s just jumping on the current bandwagon for attention. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 54January 11, 2018 4:21 PM

Every time I have dealt with you sociopathic fucking fascists, I have suffered as a result. Whether it's a broken heart, a broken nose, or broken dreams, never get involved with Italians. They invented the douchebag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 11, 2018 4:22 PM

Who's the boss? JEWS are, motherfuckers, and don't you ever fucking forget it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 11, 2018 4:23 PM

The only funny sitcom Italians that weren't played by Jews were Coach on [italic]Cheers[/italic] and Louie on [italic]Taxi[/italic], and one of them married a Jew and cheated on her!

by Anonymousreply 57January 11, 2018 4:24 PM

Of course, nobody can come out and say what r54 did because they will be called a rape apologist or be accused of siding with Zefferelli.

I'm going to hell for saying this: but this caused him all those addictions? Please. You got a blow job by an old man and you felt ashamed. And he didn't think of his career? Please.

Camille Paglia was right. We're a victim-obsessed culture.

by Anonymousreply 58January 11, 2018 4:26 PM

JoHnatHan ScHaecH has too many unnecessary Hs.

by Anonymousreply 59January 11, 2018 4:28 PM

England should have taken over all of Europe as reparations for the Blitz, including Shitaly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 11, 2018 4:29 PM

Schaech really was a force of nature.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 11, 2018 4:31 PM

Is he mad that a BJ didn't make him more than a poor man's Peter Gallagher?

by Anonymousreply 62January 11, 2018 4:33 PM

We have a deranged italophobic troll!! Che carino!

by Anonymousreply 63January 11, 2018 4:33 PM

Tom Cruise, Ian Ziering and James Spader must have gotten the treatment in their Endless Love auditions.

by Anonymousreply 64January 11, 2018 4:35 PM

Schaech of Fellini Satyricon fame!!

by Anonymousreply 65January 11, 2018 4:36 PM

[quote]I understand what you're saying, but when you're sound asleep in your hotel room and the old perv basically breaks into your and jumps on top of you in bed and won't stop when you say no, that's a whole different thing.

That's if his story is how it actually happened.

When was the last time anyone heard from Schaech prior to this?

by Anonymousreply 66January 11, 2018 4:38 PM

99% of actors and actresses willingly get on the couch to get that part and then hate themselves afterwards. When the self-loathing gets overwhelming, then they attack to get even.

by Anonymousreply 67January 11, 2018 4:41 PM

30-second bj?

by Anonymousreply 68January 11, 2018 4:41 PM

Zeffirelli getting handsy with Jesus....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 11, 2018 4:43 PM

Did he cum in Zeffi's mouth?

by Anonymousreply 70January 11, 2018 4:44 PM

Zeffirelli was quite handsome too... it could've been worse, Joe!

by Anonymousreply 71January 11, 2018 4:45 PM

Have Amber and Rose tweeted yet?

by Anonymousreply 72January 11, 2018 4:50 PM

[quote]I was flattered he found me attractive ....and good for him for trying. Why not? 45

Exactly, R45, YOU were flattered. YOU as an individual, not everyone feels the way you do.

[quote]The only trauma possible here

That's not the way life works though, R54. Look at it this way, some soldiers experience PTSD when they come back from war and some don't. (obviously this is no where near the same experience as war but I'm trying to make a point) Some kids are bullied in school and they carry that pain with them for the rest of their lives while others just shake it off and keep on going as if it never happened.

We're not sheep or clones or robots. We all process things differently. Why is it so difficult for people to understand that?

by Anonymousreply 73January 11, 2018 4:52 PM

Because men have to understand the forces that rule men and are not allowed the same trauma regarding male sexuality if they want to grow into being a man.

It looks like he has a son.

Maybe he'll figure this out sooner than his father did.

by Anonymousreply 74January 11, 2018 4:55 PM

Oh, my stars and garters!!!! More pics, please. My mussy got so moist I slipped off my chair!

by Anonymousreply 75January 11, 2018 4:55 PM

So Zeffirelli molested an adult man?

by Anonymousreply 76January 11, 2018 5:08 PM

Well, at least Zeffirelli has good aesthetic taste.

Weinstein allegedly hit on that freak Cara Delevigne.

A man has to have standards, whatever he does!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 11, 2018 5:10 PM

oh youre bad ;)

by Anonymousreply 78January 11, 2018 5:12 PM

He was 22 and was ‘molested’?

Puh-lease.

He wasn’t a child. He was an adult working as a professional. It was a business transaction. A strapping young man who could have easily fought off the attentions of some lascivious old guy - had he chose to do so.

Instead, he went via the career enhancing route and gave in. As countless other young actors and actresses have done. And now he feels guilt about it. Or sees it as a way of getting publicity (new film? New book?).

Very pretty manwhore who did what he had to do back in the day. Now he is airing it in public and casting himself as a victim? C’mon!

by Anonymousreply 79January 11, 2018 5:14 PM

Exactly, it's not like he was trying to seduce the old dude for a part, but if you're not happy what's expected of you for Christ sake just walk off the set. It's not likely anyone was holding a gun to his head to stay.

by Anonymousreply 80January 11, 2018 5:28 PM

If only the WORLD thought like the DL!

by Anonymousreply 81January 11, 2018 5:31 PM

[quote]Exactly, it's not like he was trying to seduce the old dude for a part, but if you're not happy what's expected of you for Christ sake just walk off the set. It's not likely anyone was holding a gun to his head to stay.

There was no set to walk off. The old dude broke into his hotel room and clamped his mouth around his cock.

by Anonymousreply 82January 11, 2018 5:36 PM

I'll join the anti Italian troll.

Italian catholics are nasty fuckers. The Catholic part is important too.

Why do you think fascism and the mafia flourished there?

Though I deeply envy Visconti sleeping with the cast of Rocco e i Suoi Fratelli..

by Anonymousreply 83January 11, 2018 5:37 PM

Zeffirelli was cute AF in his youth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 11, 2018 5:39 PM

funny how that happens

by Anonymousreply 85January 11, 2018 5:46 PM

I think this is probably much ado about nothing. 'Molested" by Zefferelli? I don't think so. To me he just seems like a physically demonstrative Italian male. By the way, he slobbered over Brooke Shields during the making of "Enclless Love" while showing her how to do the love scenes in that silly movie. She's never had anything but good things to say about him.

by Anonymousreply 86January 11, 2018 5:47 PM

Keanu Reeves must have a tale or two to tell.

Now say that ten times.

by Anonymousreply 87January 11, 2018 5:54 PM

[quote]never get involved with Italians.

Well it's kinda too late for you to say this...

by Anonymousreply 88January 11, 2018 5:55 PM

Never heard any stories but i'm pretty sure Bertolucci got handsy with his actors too. He always striked me as a pansexual.

by Anonymousreply 89January 11, 2018 5:58 PM

R86, I seriously doubt he abused Brooke Shields, so why wouldn't she have liked working with him?

by Anonymousreply 90January 11, 2018 6:09 PM

[quote] They flew me [Schaech] to England to work on the English dialect at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, and it was brutal. I didn’t know it at the time but I’m dyslexic and mastering the words and dialect was difficult for me so I already felt vulnerable.

JFC. "Mastering WORDS and dialects" is like half of an actor's job description. If at the adult age of 22 he still found it "brutal" due to dyslexia and "mastering words" made him "feel vulnerable" - then WTF was he doing in acting as a profession.

Probably the only reason he got the job was that Zeffirelli wanted to bang him.

by Anonymousreply 91January 11, 2018 6:32 PM

[quote]Probably the only reason he got the job was that Zeffirelli wanted to bang him.

That is hardly an unusual reason for actors to get hired.

And not even in a creepy way. People figure if they are so drawn to an actor, than the audience will be as well.

by Anonymousreply 92January 11, 2018 6:34 PM

R91, there are tons of famous actors who can't do accents to save their lives

by Anonymousreply 93January 11, 2018 6:37 PM

Whiting admitted that he got cast as Romeo because Franco thought he was pretty though he never said Z was a masher.

by Anonymousreply 94January 11, 2018 6:37 PM

[quote]JFC. "Mastering WORDS and dialects" is like half of an actor's job description. If at the adult age of 22 he still found it "brutal" due to dyslexia and "mastering words" made him "feel vulnerable" - then WTF was he doing in acting as a profession.

Well he was working as a model at the time, this was his first real acting gig.

[quote]there are tons of famous actors who can't do accents to save their lives

Sir Ian Mckellen can't do a good american accent, he has always said that probably limited his career.

by Anonymousreply 95January 11, 2018 6:42 PM

Yes, R93, R95 - lots of actors can't do accents. But at least they don't whine to the public that "mastering accents AND WORDS" makes them "feel vulnerable".

It's like an accountant crying in self-pity that counting big numbers makes him "feel vulnerable".

Schaech sounds like a Millennial.

by Anonymousreply 96January 11, 2018 6:46 PM

" I seriously doubt he abused Brooke Shields, so why wouldn't she have liked working with him?"

My point is that Zeffirelli seems more like a touchy feely Italian than a lech who "molests" young men.

by Anonymousreply 97January 11, 2018 6:48 PM

[quote]My point is that Zeffirelli seems more like a touchy feely Italian than a lech who "molests" young men.

So you think Jonathon is making up the story of Franco breaking into his hotel room and to get his cock in his mouth?

That isn't being touchy feely, or being excessively flirtatious, it is trying to force someone into sex.

by Anonymousreply 98January 11, 2018 6:53 PM

LOL R18 I majored in Film Studies and one of my professors said that Luchino Visconti casted with his dick. No wonder all the brothers in ROCCO were hit! He tapped Alain Delon too. Damn!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 11, 2018 6:53 PM

To be fair, Delon was quite a competent actor. He was rather good as Ripley in "Plein Soleil".

by Anonymousreply 100January 11, 2018 6:55 PM

Sorry r89, I got my Italian film directors mixed up.

by Anonymousreply 101January 11, 2018 6:57 PM

Sorry guys, this is rape rape

by Anonymousreply 102January 11, 2018 6:58 PM

He wanted to be a star and was willing to do what it took.

Now, he thinks it wasn't worth it and wants attention.

by Anonymousreply 103January 11, 2018 7:00 PM

R96, you sound like an old out of touch Repug whining about millennials for no reason. Schaech is 50ish. Maybe attack the abuser instead of the victim.

by Anonymousreply 104January 11, 2018 7:07 PM

R100 he was never a great or even good actor. He was too pretty to be taken seriously anyway.

by Anonymousreply 105January 11, 2018 7:07 PM

How do you break into a hotel room? Was it one of those "charming, old world" tear-downs with no locks?

by Anonymousreply 106January 11, 2018 7:15 PM

No one wants to read articles

[quote]Almost every day, Franco would say, “I need to be with you.” We filmed all over Italy and at one point we were at a château, and he would come to my door, knock on my door late at night. But I kept it locked. I would literally put stuff, chairs and things, in front of it. I could hear him coming. During the day, he would say things like “I’m coming up to see you tonight” and I would say, “I’m not OK with that Franco, it’s not OK.” He didn’t listen. [Then], one night, I think it was when we were at a hotel in Sicily and my costar wasn’t there, he told me he was coming to my room. This time he had managed to get a key. I was in bed sleeping and he let himself into the bedroom and he got beside my bed and was over the top of me on the side of the bed as I awoke. He got in my face. There was a moment where I was telling him “No” and he told me, “We have to.”

by Anonymousreply 107January 11, 2018 7:17 PM

R104, please provide convincing, corroborating evidence that Zeffirelli was "the abuser" - then I'll gladly attack him.

Statements about "feeling vulnerable" (in normal, inoffensive situations - e.g. learning a script) is a stereotype currently associated with Millennials. And I'm admitting this as a Millennial myself.

by Anonymousreply 108January 11, 2018 7:21 PM

[quote]And I'm admitting this as a Millennial myself.

Of which millennium R108?

by Anonymousreply 109January 11, 2018 7:22 PM

In Lugano, the summer between my junior and senior year at Le Rosey, Visconti sodomised me and promised to make me the next Helmut Berger. I was thrilled! Besides a few glamorous cocktails in Gstaad, I got bupkis.

by Anonymousreply 110January 11, 2018 7:25 PM

The 1st Millennium AD, R109. Things were so much better in my heydey. Now get off my lawn!

by Anonymousreply 111January 11, 2018 7:29 PM

Well, Fraanco nevah molested ME!

by Anonymousreply 112January 11, 2018 7:30 PM

If he was, it was probably visually stunning.

by Anonymousreply 113January 11, 2018 7:30 PM

I read Zeffirelli's autobiography. He's really a serious narcissist - one big self-praise after another. Callas was his neurotic fag hag until she blew him off and he was really bitter about it.

Many of the gorgeous and unknown young men Zefro cast in his movies later never worked again (like that cute twink who was in Tea with Mussolini - I believe he did just one other film after that). I wonder why?

But yeah, Zefro certainly had great taste in both men and women. Graham Faulkner and Judi Bowker from "Brothe Sun, Sister Moon" were just as gorgeous as Olivia Hussey and Leonard Whiting in R&J.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114January 11, 2018 7:37 PM

And just like poor Leonard, Graham was forced to put his buns on display (even though he was playing St. Francis!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 11, 2018 7:39 PM

Even the film poster featured his naked ass:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116January 11, 2018 7:41 PM

[quote] Schaech: "It got to the point where [Zeffirelli] made me feel like I couldn’t act, I couldn’t do anything right, I couldn’t speak right, I couldn’t move right — everything I did was wrong. So I felt beaten down."

This is what happens when you cast a hot male model (who doesn't have much acting experience) as your leading man.

Zeffirelli cast Schaech for his looks, and then probably went half-mad on set, trying to get a stellar performance out of him.

by Anonymousreply 117January 11, 2018 7:43 PM

How come no one accuses closet cases ? Just spacey ? No one else ? WTF ? There have been hundreds of accusation and not a single one against closeet cases ?

by Anonymousreply 118January 11, 2018 7:43 PM

Travolta

by Anonymousreply 119January 11, 2018 7:45 PM

Another heartbreaking story about people I admire.

SIGH

by Anonymousreply 120January 11, 2018 7:46 PM

R116 I love the unintentionally hilarious tagline on that poster:

[quote] "Zeffirelli's story of the wild youth who brought the world of pomp and power to its KNEES."

Yeah, I'm sure that wild youth brought Franco down on his knees as well.

by Anonymousreply 121January 11, 2018 7:49 PM

R118, have you been sleeping under a rock?

Bruce Weber is closeted (kind of an open secret though) and 2 male models are now bringing actual lawsuits in court against him for groping their junk.

Michael Bergman (ex-Calvin Klein model) also accused Weber of "massaging" him during casting. Though he never sued.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 11, 2018 7:54 PM

So when Schaech was singing "That Thing You Do," he was referring to that thing that Zeffirelli did to him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123January 11, 2018 7:55 PM

Terry Crews also accused a closet case (someone who was married to a woman with kids) of sexual harassment.

by Anonymousreply 124January 11, 2018 7:56 PM

Zeffirelli also harassed and molested the guy who played Benvolio in Romeo & Juliet.

by Anonymousreply 125January 11, 2018 7:57 PM

R125 Yeah, and he later became a screenwriter and famously based the character of Uncle Monty in "The Withnail & I" on Zeffirelli.

by Anonymousreply 126January 11, 2018 7:59 PM

R126...R54 here. Exactly what my friend ( who was a mate of Bruce Robinson ) said. The scene where Uncle Monty forces his way into Marwood’s bedroom is based on Zeffirelli so, in fairness, he does have a thing about trying to get into their bedrooms. But, like I said, they just found it amusing and figured out ways of avoiding it happening.

by Anonymousreply 127January 11, 2018 8:12 PM

[quote] Schaech: "I went from being a very vibrant young charming person who faced evil to someone who didn’t know himself."

I do sympathize with Jonathon if his claim is true. But, oh boy, his statement is worded in such an eye-rolling, self-flattering manner.

Love how he compliments himself as a "very vibrant and charming person".

by Anonymousreply 128January 11, 2018 8:17 PM

[quote]He was 22 and was ‘molested’? Puh-lease.He wasn’t a child.

Here comes the: "men can't be raped" posters.

by Anonymousreply 129January 11, 2018 8:21 PM

R122 Yeah, one photographer who is known for clicking erotic pictures of male models. Quelle Surprise !!

by Anonymousreply 130January 11, 2018 8:25 PM

R130 - it's actually quite surprising. The only other big-name (straight) photographer who's being investigated is Terry Richardson.

There are a lot of accusations in the film business right now. But very, very few in the fashion business (though they pretty much specialize in erotic photos of teenagers).

This ratio is way off.

by Anonymousreply 131January 11, 2018 8:40 PM

Oh R73, don’t start comparing sexual abuse survivors with war veterans. Please, please, please, please, please. It’s plain you have no experience of either.

Do these so-called “victims” think EVERY sexual experience is supposed to be amazing? Who told them that?

by Anonymousreply 132January 11, 2018 8:52 PM

"So you think Jonathon is making up the story of Franco breaking into his hotel room and to get his cock in his mouth?"

Yes, I think he's making it up. I think he wants the publicity.

by Anonymousreply 133January 11, 2018 8:54 PM

Maybe Schaech is still harboring a grudge against Zeffirelli - because Franco apparently told him (and maybe the whole production team) that Jonathon is useless as an actor? Could this be cold-served revenge for that public humiliation?

by Anonymousreply 134January 11, 2018 9:12 PM

Did any of you assholes actually read his account??

Wow. I give him much credit. It is brave for a man to be able to share how this has affected him, in a way few men are able to in this culture, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 135January 11, 2018 9:19 PM

Yes, R135 - I also read a female model's very detailed and emotionally moving "account" of how Gal Gadot allegedly tormented her after Gadot's male friend allegedly raped this model. The "victim" also claims that Gadot helped cover up the rape. It is now suspected that this female model possibly made the whole story up to get back at fellow model Gadot.

More people need to come out against Zeffirelli to verify Schaech's account. At present, it's a He Said vs. He Said situation.

by Anonymousreply 136January 11, 2018 9:49 PM

Isn't there some sort of saying about not getting to know your idols?

by Anonymousreply 137January 11, 2018 10:34 PM

r132 oh my

by Anonymousreply 138January 11, 2018 11:07 PM

Well Schaech certainly never learned his lesson, did he?

He's worked for some very well-known very hands-on trolls throughout his film and TV career and still never really managed to hit it big, but he keeps on going back.

by Anonymousreply 139January 11, 2018 11:14 PM

well, Enty is already serving some realness to Miss Schaech

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140January 11, 2018 11:16 PM

R129 - of course men can be raped. But that’s not what is being claimed here. Molestation implies something different - a lesser degree of contact than rape.

Maybe we need to quantify the terminology a little so that everyone can be on the same page?

I remember years ago , some queen with HPD was saying he’d been raped by someone or other - and the story didn’t make sense and was contradictory. When I questioned on this and some of his assertions, he changed it again - and the ‘rape’ became something else - and he asserted he was ‘raped in spirit’ or something like that. His story was all over the place, as was his terminology.

Something may well have happened - but he turned it into such a story of high drama and nonsense that he kind of lost credibility. Doubt anyone oId attention to his ramblings.

But if we’re going to destroy reputations and careers - would like to know why! - and not have ambiguous, confusing language involved.

by Anonymousreply 141January 11, 2018 11:19 PM

Franco has worked with quite a few beautiful young men in his films and this is the only one harassed?

There should be dozens if not hundreds of once pretty men to come forward.

This would be fun.

Alright Michael York, spill!

by Anonymousreply 142January 11, 2018 11:22 PM

that pool scene with winona ryder in how to make an american quilt? what a beautiful guy. he was truly beautiful. *lix lips pat's hair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143January 11, 2018 11:30 PM

There is something sleazy looking about the guy.

by Anonymousreply 144January 11, 2018 11:37 PM

Yes I Know!

by Anonymousreply 145January 11, 2018 11:48 PM

I saw him recently on the street in NY and his looks have faded a lot. Mainly, it's because his skin has developed a grey and ashy look with dark circles under his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 146January 11, 2018 11:58 PM

Who wants to see an ugly actor in a movie?

by Anonymousreply 147January 12, 2018 12:01 AM

"More people need to come out against Zeffirelli to verify Schaech's account. At present, it's a He Said vs. He Said situation."

No, read about Bruce Robinson in the posts above. Or read all the stuff about Zeffirelli that's been posted on the datalounge for the past 20 years

by Anonymousreply 148January 12, 2018 12:11 AM

Poor guy. I feel badly for him.

I look at a guy like him and think he has no problems in life.

You never know.

by Anonymousreply 149January 12, 2018 12:44 AM

r149 that's true of so many celebrities. The public gets the PR/InStyle version of their lives, but the reality is really quite different.

Reese Witherspoon, for example, is held up as Miss Perfect but in her private life she's a shrewish, wildly insecure neurotic with an alcohol problem.

by Anonymousreply 150January 12, 2018 12:53 AM

"Or read all the stuff about Zeffirelli that's been posted on the datalounge for the past 20 years."

Yes, Datalounge is such an impeachable source for 100% trustworthy information (snort).

by Anonymousreply 151January 12, 2018 1:36 AM

Ruh, roh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152January 12, 2018 1:42 AM

R151 Except DL was spot on when it comes to Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 153January 12, 2018 1:52 AM

And Harvey Weinstein for that matter r153.

DL gossip has been right in many cases, though wrong in others of course.

by Anonymousreply 154January 12, 2018 1:54 AM

[quote] He put his hands in places that I couldn’t even imagine and he did things that I am not proud of.

Mary!

You know, I can't think of many 22-year olds who have places on their body they "couldn't even imagine" someone else's hands probing. Was he perhaps raised in a convent?

by Anonymousreply 155January 12, 2018 1:59 AM

Maybe he beat his wife because of what happened to him??? Not justifying it per se, but many men who abuse their partners have been abused in some way themselves....

by Anonymousreply 156January 12, 2018 2:07 AM

You cannot be "abused" as a fit and muscular 22 year-old man by a 65-year old man unless you want it to happen.

by Anonymousreply 157January 12, 2018 2:08 AM

That's complete bullshit r157.

Just because you are capable of physically overpowering the other person does not mean you can't be abused. That is mind-blowingly simple.

He was a nobody model on his first acting job, this was a big name director.

Fucking Terry Crews, one of the most physically imposing guys around, was sexually abused. That is the real world of sexual abuse, where someone puts you in a situation where you feel you have no choice but to comply. It's not some wild west of slugfests.

by Anonymousreply 158January 12, 2018 2:13 AM

"Except DL was spot on when it comes to Spacey."

EVERYBODY knew about Kevin Spacey. And Harvey Weinstein. It just wasn't talked about, except on gossip websites like this one.

by Anonymousreply 159January 12, 2018 2:30 AM

The person who's saying Schaech is making it all up- that's just silly. Of course it happened. And Zeffirelli was wrong to do it.

I think Schaech's sense of victimization is misplaced, however. He'd been a working model for three years at that point. He knew the score, and had likely been chased around a few couches (or capitulated) in the past. He was a strapping 22 year old who could certainly handle himself. I'm supposed to buy that he went though years of drug abuse and self doubt because of a five minute encounter where nothing really happened?

The fact is that Johnathon Schaech was in way over his head in El Storia de Capinera. He was not nearly enough of an actor to do what the role required. Zeffirelli's frustrations showed in front of the cast and crew, and dealt a blow to Schaech's self esteem. THAT is the reason the experience traumatized him. Had he been brilliant in the movie, and if it was a big success, he never would have written this article.

Come on. The next year he was working with Greg fucking Araki. You think he didn't fuck around with him and James Duval? He did three-way scenes with Duval and Rose McGowan on camera. I don't buy this babe in the woods routine for a second.

by Anonymousreply 160January 12, 2018 2:36 AM

"Of course it happened."

How would you know? Did you witness it? I didn't think so. In order to believe this you have to take it on faith. I don't really have much faith in Johnathon Schaech.

by Anonymousreply 161January 12, 2018 3:00 AM

R161 Dude. Go look at Bruce Robinson's Ruby Wax interview. It's basically the same story. It rings true. It happened.

by Anonymousreply 162January 12, 2018 3:07 AM

[quote] He was a strapping 22 year old who could certainly handle himself. I'm supposed to buy that he went though years of drug abuse and self doubt because of a five minute encounter where nothing really happened?

Actually none of that was true... He was one of the Universe's most preciously lilting and beautiful snowflakes... He went in there thinking they had his "best interests at heart" and they were do-wrongers and evil.

by Anonymousreply 163January 12, 2018 3:15 AM

When he says he fell into sex addiction, does it rule out sex with men?

by Anonymousreply 164January 12, 2018 3:42 AM

Please. At 22 an actor knows the game, how he's going to play it, and how to shoot an asshole down even if he's the director.

All of these little precious pussies of both sexes are disgusting. Stand up to power abused. How else will it be defeated? Don't take the job. Don't settle. Or, if you're not put out by it, put out.

Just shut your whiny squeak holes. They're SO fucking proud to play Super Victim, as if that sets them above accountability for themselves and allows them to judge everyone else. The awards shows have been unbearable.

Cunts.

by Anonymousreply 165January 12, 2018 3:48 AM

Big Z tore my chemise.

by Anonymousreply 166January 12, 2018 4:58 AM

Schaech has a type, his wife looks like Christina Applegate

by Anonymousreply 167January 12, 2018 5:10 AM

Do I detect sarcasm [R163]?! 😉😄

by Anonymousreply 168January 12, 2018 5:28 AM

[quote]I can't think of many 22-year olds who have places on their body they "couldn't even imagine" someone else's hands probing. Was he perhaps raised in a convent?

Then it was the wrong convent.

by Anonymousreply 169January 12, 2018 7:03 AM

#lookatmetoo

by Anonymousreply 170January 12, 2018 9:02 AM

His BITD was 1985.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171January 12, 2018 9:42 AM

[quote]More people need to come out against Zeffirelli to verify Schaech's account.

That would only verify their own accounts. But who cares about the law?

by Anonymousreply 172January 12, 2018 9:46 AM

I happen to find that hilarious as well a 22 year old male model in LA saying 'He put his hands in places that I couldn’t even imagine.'

A model in LA for 3 years?

He had much bigger problems than Franco molesting him.

Like severe mental retardation.

by Anonymousreply 173January 12, 2018 10:24 AM

[quote]More people need to come out against Zeffirelli to verify Schaech's account.

The story is in the Italian papers. Zeffirelli's son says that he and Schaech have been in contact over the years and that Schaech never made any complaints about anything.

Others who worked on the film claim that Schaech is making up stories.

by Anonymousreply 174January 12, 2018 10:25 AM

[quote]He put his hands in places that I couldn’t even imagine and he did things that I am not proud of.

Who in the world talks that way? He sounds like the heroine of a Victorian romance novel.

We're supposed to believe him?

by Anonymousreply 175January 12, 2018 10:30 AM

You people all suck.

by Anonymousreply 176January 12, 2018 10:33 AM

R176 Model in LA for 10 years and still has places on his body that he couldn't even imagine somebody's tongue let alone hands going.

It's called an intellectual disability or how did you manage to be a model for 10 years with no jobs?

by Anonymousreply 177January 12, 2018 10:49 AM

Schaech outed himself accidentally years ago on Rosie O'Donnell's talk show in his first big interview. He looked and sounded scared shitless and blurted out, "We have something in common. We both have a crush on Tom Cruise."

Rosie froze as he went on about Cruise then *quickly* changed the topic.

by Anonymousreply 178January 12, 2018 10:56 AM

I believe him and I think it did mess with his head. All you dim-bulbs think sexual harassment and assault can only happen if the victim is physically weaker? Are you time travelers from the Paleolithic era? A person who has complete power over someone else's life and career can be far more threatening. One thing ALL these trolls have in common is psychological abuse--they use it like a weapon to intimidate, manipulate and control their victims. They make people feel worthless, systematically breaking them down until they believe they have no choice. The power imbalance is so extreme that abusers start to think of themselves as Gods and their victims as objects they can grope, assault, rape and discard with impunity.

One thing I do agree with is that Schaech's flowery, purple prose does make him sound like a whiner. Other than that, though, I can believe that when someone you greatly admire treats you like and object to be used and abused, it can be devastating..

by Anonymousreply 179January 12, 2018 11:11 AM

R55 that list is spot on. I was laughing out loud. I have been dating an Italian for 5 years and i am so miserable with him.

by Anonymousreply 180January 12, 2018 11:12 AM

It should not be expected that men and women have to put out, because they chose to be models or actors. It should not be expected that men and women have to put up with handsy bosses and their lewd remarks and accept it as part of their profession. This is not ok. People who abuse their position of power should not get away with it. People who come forward should not be victim shamed. A status quo where people can abuse others to stroke their own ego is not something that should be accepted and most certainly not respected.

by Anonymousreply 181January 12, 2018 11:20 AM

He's retrospectively fretting about special secret places on his anatomy that he couldn't even imagine.

But he's already had a female's mouth between his buttocks and displayed these special secret parts of his anatomy to anyone who bought a movie ticket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182January 12, 2018 11:31 AM

I had a female manager who worked for me years ago who was verbally abusive toward some of the members of her staff. After a number of complaints it came to a point where I had to put her on written warning for it. She was very petite---100 lbs soaking wet. She tried to defend herself with the "little old me?" routine. One of the employees she regularly abused was a tall woman who looked like a weight lifter. I'll never forget the manager saying to me, "are you kidding me? How can she be afraid of me? She could kill me with one punch". I had to explain to her that she wasn't physically threatening to ANYONE. But she did have power over their jobs and she was abusing that power.

by Anonymousreply 183January 12, 2018 11:33 AM

^ You're talking about the real world.

In the celebrity world, Young and Beautiful has power over Old and Sex-starved.

by Anonymousreply 184January 12, 2018 11:49 AM

" It happened."

No, you just BELIEVE it happened. But there's no real reason to believe that it did.

by Anonymousreply 185January 12, 2018 2:49 PM

R185, do you know anything about Zeffirelli? He is a known creep.

R165, the "pussy" is you. You sound like a dipshit Republican who is scared of football players kneeling.

by Anonymousreply 186January 12, 2018 2:53 PM

[Quote] Reese Witherspoon, for example, is held up as Miss Perfect but in her private life she's a shrewish, wildly insecure neurotic with an alcohol problem.

I don't think anyone thinks she's Miss Perfect now. Not after getting arrested and making an ass of herself in the process.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187January 12, 2018 3:13 PM

Johnathon looks white adjacent... what's his background and why does he look so exotic.

by Anonymousreply 188January 12, 2018 3:13 PM

[quote]do you know anything about Zeffirelli? He is a known creep.

He's a known genius. More in the world of Opera than in film. And have there ever been any other accusations about him during his long career?

Only from this loser.

Zeffirelli's son notes that in all these years Schaech never mentioned anything about being molested until now: when Zeffirelli is 94 years old, wheelchair bound and unable to defend himself.

So what exactly is his motive?

Zeffirelli's son also says that he and Schaech have been in contact over the years even via Whatsapp. And that the exchanges were always cordial. He says that as late as last month Schaech inquired about Zeffirelli's health and sent his regards.

by Anonymousreply 189January 12, 2018 4:40 PM

I'm tending to think closet case Schaech went along with some casting couch sex and decided now was the time to bring it up.

by Anonymousreply 190January 12, 2018 4:53 PM

He's stunning in the clip with Rider but sounds like he has a mouth full of marbles.

Doesn't ANYONE train these specimens anymore?

by Anonymousreply 191January 12, 2018 5:17 PM

Zeffirelli has had opera productions last longer than this guy's career. I doubt he'll win this battle.

by Anonymousreply 192January 12, 2018 5:18 PM

The very talented British writer/actor Bruce Robinson describes being sexually molested by Zeffirelli.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193January 12, 2018 5:22 PM

R170 that is fucking brilliant.

In a perfect would, that would've ended the thread.

by Anonymousreply 194January 12, 2018 5:26 PM

On Bret Eason Ellis' podcast, Rose McGowan talked about how Schaech was awful to her during the filming of Doom Generation. This was also a way for him to get back in her good graces.

by Anonymousreply 195January 12, 2018 5:28 PM

You know, Rose McGowan, at this point it seems that you believe everyone has been awful to you at one time or another.

by Anonymousreply 196January 12, 2018 5:30 PM

Rose McGowan of course had to make the tweet about herself.

by Anonymousreply 197January 12, 2018 7:14 PM

"The very talented British writer/actor Bruce Robinson describes being sexually molested by Zeffirelli."

The "very talented" Bruce Robinson seems like a drunk homeless person. And from what he's said, Zeffirelli made a pass at him that was declined, which doesn't really count as molestation, if it happened at all.

by Anonymousreply 198January 12, 2018 11:21 PM

I know this is a serious matter, but can't help but see dark comedy in Jonathon's choice of prose style. He does indeed write like a prim Victorian nun or fainting Southern debutante in need of smelling salts. He's one step away from using vocabulary like "he ravaged me" and "stole my virtue".

by Anonymousreply 199January 12, 2018 11:24 PM

[quote]This was also a way for him to get back in her good graces.

Why would he want that???

by Anonymousreply 200January 12, 2018 11:31 PM

The video at R193 isn't interesting at all. They keep making stupid jokes about nothing, first of all, and then the subject of the interview lacks focus and looks dirty and distracted.

It's as if everyone thinks he needs to get in on this latest turn of the cards. The sexual predator unmasking game. They're making a shtick out of something serious, thereby weakening it. Everything turns into show business.

by Anonymousreply 201January 12, 2018 11:36 PM

r198, you must be hopelessly American. Bruce Robinson wrote the iconic Withnail & I. Perhaps you can't discern the nuances of English conversing, but in the Ruby Wax clip he says that Zeffirelli forcibly performed oral sex on him. Robinson just lay there and took it because he knew he wouldn't get the part if he objected.

By the way, Ruby Wax wrote the best lines in the Absolutely Fabulous series.

by Anonymousreply 202January 12, 2018 11:38 PM

I love how in r193's clip a celebrity talks casually on tv about his habit of shitting himself and being assaulted by another man. It's so british! You'd never see something like that in America or probably in any country, now or even then.

by Anonymousreply 203January 12, 2018 11:46 PM

Zeffirelli is turning 95 this February. He's almost a century old and already one foot in the grave.

(By comparison, Bill Cosby was 77 when his scandal broke. Jimmy Saville died age 84 and so predeceased his scandal.)

Schaech waited too long. Does anyone know if Zeffirelli is even "mentally here" still? Can he even remember his own name?

by Anonymousreply 204January 12, 2018 11:46 PM

"Zeffirelli's son also says that he and Schaech have been in contact over the years even via Whatsapp. And that the exchanges were always cordial. He says that as late as last month Schaech inquired about Zeffirelli's health and sent his regards."

If his "son" said it, it must be true!!!!

by Anonymousreply 205January 13, 2018 12:47 AM

Give me a fucking break. This pitiful actor is so full of himself - "I had my charm and my looks". Purportedly he gets a blow job for 30 seconds and that accounts for years of drug and alcohol abuse? 25 years of shutting down? Yes, if it happened it was wrong, but stop playing the diva.

by Anonymousreply 206January 13, 2018 12:51 AM

[quote] Johnathon looks white adjacent... what's his background and why does he look so exotic.

I wondered the same thing when I first saw him shirtless in some film. Wikipedia doesn’t provide any information.

by Anonymousreply 207January 13, 2018 12:55 AM

I like blue.

by Anonymousreply 208January 13, 2018 12:59 AM

This story means nothing without the shower-of-shame after-video.

by Anonymousreply 209January 13, 2018 1:15 AM

Like Bruce Robinson, it's likely that Leonard Whiting may have also been molested by Franco, but he never discusses it.

by Anonymousreply 210January 13, 2018 1:24 AM

Tom Cruise was probably molested by Franco, too.

by Anonymousreply 211January 13, 2018 1:31 AM

James Franco, R211?

by Anonymousreply 212January 13, 2018 1:32 AM

[quote] Schaech waited too long. Does anyone know if Zeffirelli is even "mentally here" still? Can he even remember his own name?

He's still here, all right. He was still directing stage productions up until a few years ago. He's also just as cunty as ever - during one of his last productions he sent the star of his opera crying from stage during rehearsals because he loudly commented on her being too fat.

But you gotta hand it to him - despite being a perv and a spectacular cunt he's amazingly talented. I watched his production of Aida in Verona Arena and it was amazing. Of course that still doesn't give him the right to go around molesting people. Besides, he's got his "sons" for that.

by Anonymousreply 213January 13, 2018 1:50 AM

"Perhaps you can't discern the nuances of English conversing, but in the Ruby Wax clip he says that Zeffirelli forcibly performed oral sex on him."

In another interview he said that after meeting him at an apartment Zeffirelli started "hitting" on him, and then his "kaftan" was up, "but he didn't bum me." He also made it clear that he didn't want sex with Zeffirelli because "I'm not a homosexual." Since he was 22 years old at the time of the "molestation" it can only be surmised that if anything did happen between them it was consensual, because 22 is old enough to defend yourself against unwanted sexual advances. He could have left the room. He could have punched Zeffirelli out, which I think what most men would do if they weren't homosexual and another man made sexual advances. There was no "molestation", just sex between a director and a younger man who wanted to further his career, if indeed there is any truth to Robinson's tales. By, the way, Robinson is a hopeless drunk, not exactly the most credible type.

by Anonymousreply 214January 13, 2018 2:22 AM

I saw him years ago at the Lincoln Center Tower he was looking for a laser disc of one of his films, I think maybe it was Romeo and Juliet.

He was with a tall young man. I was surprised that the young man was no beauty of the kind one normally sees in a Franco or Luchino film.

by Anonymousreply 215January 13, 2018 2:28 AM

He’s been married three times and has a kid. I was surprised. My gaydar pings massively for him, and I’m not the DL type who cares whether good looking guys are gay or not.

by Anonymousreply 216January 13, 2018 2:36 AM

[quote] These actors like Jonathan Schaech and Rose McGowan traded in sexuality HARD. They cannot pretend they are not in some ways responsible for the effects that created. I'm not saying, blame the victim; I'm saying, victim, own your part in things.

Schaech was a victim. He was only 22. This was his first movie. He is not gay. And none of you queens would want to get it on with a 70 year old. It's the power differential, the obvious coercion, the sexual revulsion and the attendant shame that causes the trauma. He admits he thought he had to submit to this disgusting abuse as the price of admission. He was a relatively innocent young man who was warped into a substance-abusing pretty boy "Hollywood" actor.

I think Zeffirelli was the first time but probably not the last time. Schaech was taken advantage of. He was blindingly handsome as a young man. All the pervs in Hollywood were trying to get at him. It took him a long time to find himself and settle down. I am glad he was brave enough to tell his story.

by Anonymousreply 217January 13, 2018 2:53 AM

Bruce Robinson has always seemed like a creep (I remember when he was better known as Lesley Anne Down’s boyfriend when she first came to America,) and that was verified in that embarrassing Ruby Wax clip at R193.

by Anonymousreply 218January 13, 2018 2:54 AM

Love Schaech

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219January 13, 2018 2:59 AM

I believer Franco's Turandot and La Boheme are still in the Met's repertoire. Unfortunately they got rid of his Tosca which was fabulous and in a great coup de theatre you were brought down from the roof of the Castel St Angelo to a cell underneath where Lucevan le Stelle was sung followed by the final duet. To see the rather well cushioned Pavarotti and Caballe ascend the steps to the roof as the set was being lowered was something.

They then cut that part in later productions.

And as soldiers ran in to grab Tosca before her famous and fatal jump Caballe grandly and defiantly threw her cloak around her and strode off. The soldiers looked stunned and were so shocked by her Diva brazenness they let her go.

by Anonymousreply 220January 13, 2018 3:17 AM

"Schaech was a victim. He was only 22. This was his first movie. He is not gay. "

Oh shut the fuck UP, you yammering idiot. The way you talk about him it would seem that at the time of the "molestation" he was a child, not an adult. The more you blather on, the more I believe that Schaech is full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 221January 13, 2018 3:22 AM

r211 but Tammy liked it.

by Anonymousreply 222January 13, 2018 4:15 AM

[quote] Schaech was a victim. He was only 22.

Why, he was BARELY out of the cradle!!!

by Anonymousreply 223January 13, 2018 4:18 AM

from R193s post--it was a different clip--

4 minutes in heres the section on the molestation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224January 13, 2018 4:21 AM

R217 He was only 22!

You mean an American 22 which is a like a 16 year old everywhere else in the world.

by Anonymousreply 225January 13, 2018 5:56 AM

Robinson comes off even worse in the clip at R224. I can’t believe he used such insulting language. It reflects poorly on Ruby Wax, too, since she was egging him on.

by Anonymousreply 226January 13, 2018 6:11 AM

I agree with you R226.

It's a vile little conversation. Ruby Wax is the Poor-Man's English version of Joan Rivers (Jewish, psychologically-unstable, vulgar and will do anything to get cheap laughs).

Robinson's only claims to fame are his lost beauty, appearing in 2 high-quality Shakepeare films and scripting 'Withnail". The bulk of his career is owed to Zeffirelli.

by Anonymousreply 227January 13, 2018 6:56 AM

[quote]You mean an American 22 which is a like a 16 year old everywhere else in the world.

R225 has a point. Americans have been infantilized by their own culture. There is a reason certain states like California have not abandoned raising the legal age from 18 & 21 to [bold]25 years of age[/bold].

by Anonymousreply 228January 13, 2018 7:21 AM

Can someone explain to me how can a 22 yo fail to resist a 70 yo? Was he drugged?

by Anonymousreply 229January 13, 2018 7:32 AM

R228 The brain doesn't fully develop until the age of 25!

by Anonymousreply 230January 13, 2018 7:38 AM

This needs to a new Lifetime movie:

"Blighted Innocence: The Johnathon Schaech Story"

A helpless young male model barely in long pants at age 22 finds himself ravaged and ruined by a corrupt and sinister world-famous 70-year old Italian director, and then sees his subsequent career and relationships ruined by drug use, drinking, and sluttiness all caused by the long-term trauma, until he can come forth to speak his truth to an astonished world.

Starring...

Cole Sprouse as Johnathon Schaech

Armand Assante as Franco Zeffirelli

Jane Seymour as Vanessa Redgrave

Dakota Fanning as Angela Bettis

Bella Thorne as Christina Applegate

Darren Criss as Gregg Araki

Ileana Douglas as Vivian, the Sexaholics Anonymous counselor

And Dylan Farrow as Herself

by Anonymousreply 231January 13, 2018 7:53 AM

He was sort of irresistible back then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232January 13, 2018 8:00 AM

R231 I want to see that movie. And I want to see a young cute actor playing Bruce Robinson.

Bruce and Johnathon can fight each to get the love of the great Zeffirelli.

by Anonymousreply 233January 13, 2018 8:07 AM

R231 Cole Sprouse? They sure don't make 'em like they used to.

by Anonymousreply 234January 13, 2018 8:28 AM

Does Schaech remind anyone else of DL fav Cheyenne Jackson a bit?

by Anonymousreply 235January 13, 2018 8:35 AM

The precious darlings at R226 & R227 are beyond belief!

Ruby Wax was ten times as funny as Rivers ever was, and an interviewer of genius. As for Robinson: in the UK he is considered a GOD because of Withnail and I. He doesn’t have to do another damn thing ever.

by Anonymousreply 236January 13, 2018 8:51 AM

^ "Withnail" was a full three decades ago.

He has done nothing noteworthy since.

'Withnail' would not have happened without the catalyst Zeffirelli.

by Anonymousreply 237January 13, 2018 9:00 AM

You didn’t read what was posted. He doesn’t have to do anything more to remain a national legend. And no one is disputing - except possibly a few crazed fraus - that Zefferelli pouncing wasn’t valuable life experience for him in eventually producing his own masterpiece.

by Anonymousreply 238January 13, 2018 9:04 AM

I guess you have to be British to appreciate "Withnail & I". I love me some Richard Griffiths but I wasn't able to finish watching that film. So fucking dull.

by Anonymousreply 239January 13, 2018 9:06 AM

boo hoo

by Anonymousreply 240January 13, 2018 9:19 AM

Have been watching a fair number of youtubes lately trying to find one where Joan Rivers is actually funny.

Came up with nothing.

Her compulsion for plastic surgery did us all a favor.

Truly a jaw droppingly embarrassing American entertainment institution.

by Anonymousreply 241January 13, 2018 9:19 AM

R238 'Withnail & I' was a 100-minute film with one joke. The homosexual was the most repellant of grotesques.

Richard E Grant was mildly amusing, Mr McGann was pretty but the humour was pretty much on the level of the 'Carry-On' movies. And, unfortunately too many Englishmen regard those 'Carry-On' embarrassments as "masterpieces" and "a national legend".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242January 13, 2018 9:42 AM

We here take a short break to offer apologies British readers for R242: one of those WAA WAA WAA WAA WAA know-all know-nothing culturally provincial Americans who bang on endlessly informing you about yourselves. Why can’t you all you simply be more like HIM?!

by Anonymousreply 243January 13, 2018 9:53 AM

It was R238, who's one of those WAA WAA WAA know-all know-nothing culturally provincial persons informing us that the 30 year old homophobic 'Withnail' movie was a "masterpiece" and "a national legend".

by Anonymousreply 244January 13, 2018 10:01 AM

[quote] [Zeffirelli] sent the star of his opera crying from stage during rehearsals because he loudly commented on her being too fat.

Zeffirelli must have forgotten for a second that he was dealing with OPERA. He should have worked in Ballet instead - the domain of borderline anorexia.

by Anonymousreply 245January 13, 2018 10:07 AM

[quote] I watched his production of Aida in Verona Arena and it was amazing.

I saw that open-air production @ the Coliseum-like Arena di Verona too, R213!

I had no idea it was directed by Zeffirelli. It was indeed impressive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246January 13, 2018 10:15 AM

I believe him

by Anonymousreply 247January 13, 2018 10:20 AM

R15 poor Tom

by Anonymousreply 248January 13, 2018 10:22 AM

Robinson was also the love object in Truffaut's Adele H. He was very pretty in that too.

by Anonymousreply 249January 13, 2018 11:27 AM

You'll never hear of a French or Italian actor complaining about this stuff....but Americans and Brits? Yes.

It's a cultural difference.

by Anonymousreply 250January 13, 2018 12:18 PM

^ No, Americans more than Brits.

We started with the Puritans and we just LOVE victims nowadays. All our top tv shows celebrate victims and failures-in-life.

by Anonymousreply 251January 13, 2018 12:21 PM

Schaech > Cheyenne

by Anonymousreply 252January 13, 2018 12:32 PM

His parents molested him by spelling his name wrong. What's a blowjob in comparison the the lifetime annoyance of having to correct everyone's spelling of your first name?

by Anonymousreply 253January 13, 2018 12:33 PM

R237 R238 R242 Bruce Robinson has written several scripts for films. Withnail & I's dialogue and perfectly captures the subtle humor of the two leads. It is not a one-joke film by any means. More recently he wrote and directed the film The Rum Diary based on the Hunter Thompson book. The film was well received critically but was not successful at the box office.

Like many pretty actors of his era his looks may have actually worked against him as an actor. Bruce is a talented writer so it's just as well he went that way. He has also written several books. Smoking in Bed and The Peculiar Memories of Thomas Penman are both excellent reads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254January 13, 2018 12:55 PM

Bjorn Andersen who was in Visconti's Death in Venice when he was 16 also has traumatic memories of the making of that film that sound very similar to Robinson's:

[quote] I was just 16 and [Luchino Visconti] and the team took me to a gay nightclub. Almost all the crew were gay. The waiters at the club made me feel very uncomfortable. They looked at me uncompromisingly as if I was a nice meaty dish. I knew I couldn't react. It would have been social suicide. But it was the first of many such encounters.

by Anonymousreply 255January 13, 2018 1:05 PM

ISHC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256January 13, 2018 1:07 PM

In the Death in Venice instance, WTF did he expect?

by Anonymousreply 257January 13, 2018 1:08 PM

WTF does some 30 year-old movie have to do with getting mouth-raped by some filthy old perv?

by Anonymousreply 258January 13, 2018 1:12 PM

I am curious why there seems to be so little regard for Schaech. Is it because he was so pretty? Is it because he isn't more successful? Men have NOTHING to gain from sharing their #MeToo experiences. He wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true.

Also, 22 is very young to have to fend off unwanted advances from an authority figure. I'm gay and if at 22 my 70 year old boss groped me and tried to fellate me I would still be traumatized.

by Anonymousreply 259January 13, 2018 3:26 PM

[quote]Also, 22 is very young to have to fend off unwanted advances from an authority figure. I'm gay and if at 22 my 70 year old boss groped me and tried to fellate me I would still be traumatized.

It happened to me... and it left me with a great story to tell at dinner.

by Anonymousreply 260January 13, 2018 3:32 PM

[quote]This story means nothing without the shower-of-shame after-video.

You're in luck. It was captured on film!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261January 13, 2018 4:41 PM

[quote]He is not gay. And none of you queens would want to get it on with a 70 year old.

No, he's not gay, he's bi, you brain-addled Frau. His sexuality is no secret but he's too obscure for anyone to care. He was outed around the time he married Applegate by Billy Masters. Luckily for Schaech, Masters is pretty obscure, too.

by Anonymousreply 262January 13, 2018 4:54 PM

It's a sure bet that him being gay/bi is not anyone's wishful thinking. The last time I saw him he looked so bad I didn't recognize him, and I've seen The Doom Generation many times. (Also, I've seen Hush, That Thing You Do, etc. so I'm quite aware what he once looked like.)

A few years ago he was a villain on the whorehouse show with Jennifer Love Hewitt and he looked rough. Yet vaguely familiar. When I checked the credits I was gobsmacked. That's some hard living.

by Anonymousreply 263January 13, 2018 5:02 PM

R235 Schaech and Cheyenne Jackson both look wild with their prominent cheekbones. But Cheyenne's prettier than Schaech.

by Anonymousreply 264January 13, 2018 7:23 PM

For those of you who were wondering about Schaech's heritage: his father's side is German/French/English, and his mother's side is completely Italian.

by Anonymousreply 265January 13, 2018 7:35 PM

^ I suppose that's more interesting than prostitute 'Arad Winwin's 100% Tartar heritage.

by Anonymousreply 266January 13, 2018 7:37 PM

Cheyenne Jackson once said in some interview that he met Christina Applegate at some event and she told him "You look just like my ex-husband!"

by Anonymousreply 267January 13, 2018 10:23 PM

Still no explanation as to how a 70 yo can have his way with a male 22 yo?

by Anonymousreply 268January 13, 2018 10:30 PM

In this week italian Vanity Fair there's a great profile/interview with Alain Delon. He only has kind words for Luchino Visconti and Rene Clement (and god knows what shit they pulled on young gorgeous Alain back then). So yes, it's a cultural thing.

by Anonymousreply 269January 13, 2018 10:32 PM

It's NOT a cultural thing. What about Björn Andrésen who spoke about the creepy gays on the Death in Venice set? Or Omar Sharif who said Youssef Chahine always begged him for sex.

by Anonymousreply 270January 13, 2018 10:36 PM

Bjorn was a minor, and Omar was an arab

by Anonymousreply 271January 13, 2018 10:42 PM

. "As for Robinson: in the UK he is considered a GOD because of Withnail and I."

Which goes to show how utterly fucked in the head Brits are. And "he doesn’t have to do anything more to remain a national legend." Boy, are YOU a pitiful asshole. He seems like an absolute loser drunk, and if The UK considers him a "national legend" than the UK is a country of retards. If anything happened between Robinson and Zeffirelli it was consensual (he was an adult male, very capable of defending himself against unwanted sexual advances) at the time) so all this talk about "molestation" is laughable. And take your "frau" shit and shove it right up your bum, you sad little wanker.

By they way, the UK also revered the loathsome Jimmy Savile; he was considered a "national treasure", even though he had no looks, charm or talent and was actually on video groping the ass of a young girl on the tv show Top of the Pops. More recently there was footage of him groping a young woman in a restaurant. Yep, those Britons LOVE their drunks and perverts.

by Anonymousreply 272January 13, 2018 10:45 PM

"WTF does some 30 year-old movie have to do with getting mouth-raped by some filthy old perv?"

Who got "mouth raped?" Not Johhnathan Schaech and Bruce Robinson. They were adults letting an older man pleasure them (assuming that they're telling the truth in the first place.).

by Anonymousreply 273January 13, 2018 10:51 PM

R272, being drunk is a prerequisite for being an english legend. You sound quite deranged. BTW Bruce Robinson directed a cult thriller with Uma Thurman called Jennifer8, it was good.

by Anonymousreply 274January 13, 2018 10:53 PM

[quote] Men have NOTHING to gain from sharing their #MeToo experiences. He wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true.

Except the quasi-fame which follows, with potential for book deals and paid talk-show appearances. Before this scandal, most people had no idea who Schaech even was. A generally obscure actor. But now he’s fame-adjacent.

His story might be true. But it also brought him more international notice than his entire film career.

by Anonymousreply 275January 13, 2018 10:54 PM

[quote] Cheyenne Jackson once said in some interview that he met Christina Applegate at some event and she told him "You look just like my ex-husband!"

He dreamt that. Cheyenne is cute but was never beautiful. Young Schaech was beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 276January 13, 2018 10:55 PM

[quote] You know, I can't think of many 22-year olds who have places on their body they "couldn't even imagine" someone else's hands probing. Was he perhaps raised in a convent?

I'm 50 and I still can't imagine anyone wanting to put their tongue in my ass crack or their fingers up my ass...but they do.

by Anonymousreply 277January 13, 2018 11:04 PM

[quote] Omar was an arab

Except he wasn't. He was born into a Catholic family of Greek origins.

by Anonymousreply 278January 13, 2018 11:17 PM

"You sound quite deranged."

You sound like quite the idiot. Being a pathetic drunk is "a prerequisite for being an English legend?" That's pretty stupid. And "Jennifer 8" sucked, you silly twat.

by Anonymousreply 279January 13, 2018 11:31 PM

r279, you see a pathetic drunk (you must be some mormon). We see an inebriated smart interesting man with a fascinating mind who lived a hell of a life. Stay in Salt Lake City, ok?

by Anonymousreply 280January 13, 2018 11:33 PM

If that incident involving the “Death in Venice” star is true - that’s some fucked up irony. The movie was based on Thomas Mann’s book about a pederastic obsession with a 14-year-old. And now it’s alleged the 16-year-old actor who played him had a somewhat seedy experience while filming.

Life imitates art?

by Anonymousreply 281January 13, 2018 11:35 PM

"His story might be true. But it also brought him more international notice than his entire film career."

Except the story isn't even getting THAT much attention. I wouldn't have known about it if I didn't post here. You guys slay me - if he was in the habit of making up shit to get attention, why not accuse a bigger name? Zeffirelli hasn't been relevant in decades. Some people here are really delusional.

by Anonymousreply 282January 13, 2018 11:41 PM

R282, which other famous gay directors (“bigger name” than Zeffirelli) did Schaech work with?

Zeffirelli might not be relevant, but he’s still a household name across the world. He has legendary fame - which is all that matters in big scandals.

by Anonymousreply 283January 13, 2018 11:53 PM

R278, we don't allow research of fact-checking here on DL.

C'mon, now.

by Anonymousreply 284January 13, 2018 11:54 PM

so Gregg Araki was a total gentleman, i guess. Good for him

by Anonymousreply 285January 13, 2018 11:58 PM

I was 19 when some guy started licking my asshole.

My first thought was 'I didn't know you could do that...well ok, if you enjoy it.'

But I didn't think oh my god never in a million years could I imagine such a thing! And god knows I was not some model living in LA.

This guy sounds like Lillian Gish in Way Down East before she got knocked up.

by Anonymousreply 286January 14, 2018 12:00 AM

r283, he isn't a big name in America, has made a hit in decades, and no one cares about him anymore. If you think this is made up you obviously know nothing about Zeffirelli. He is a known creep.

by Anonymousreply 287January 14, 2018 12:03 AM

r283, he hasn't been a household name in eons. Try harder.

by Anonymousreply 288January 14, 2018 12:07 AM

^^^^That! I still don't know Zeffirelli

by Anonymousreply 289January 14, 2018 12:10 AM

The sex doesn't need to be made up. But Schaech may be exaggerating how shocked and violated he felt, if he felt shocked and violated in the least.

While I wouldnt call him a household name, Zeffirelli is certainly known among film buffs and better known in the US than Buñuel (a far greater talent, IMO).

by Anonymousreply 290January 14, 2018 12:14 AM

Nobody ever accused Zeffirelli of being a great filmmaker. Though he's made a few films that are very enjoyable.

And a few opera productions of his I've seen have been terrific.

by Anonymousreply 291January 14, 2018 12:20 AM

[quote]By they way, the UK also revered the loathsome Jimmy Savile; he was considered a "national treasure", even though he had no looks, charm or talent and was actually on video groping the ass of a young girl on the tv show Top of the Pops.

Jimmy Savile looked like a total child molester at first sight to everybody except, apparently, the British.

by Anonymousreply 292January 14, 2018 12:23 AM

[quote]Except he wasn't. He was born into a Catholic family of Greek origins.

Omar Sharif's father was Lebanese and his mother was Syrian.

by Anonymousreply 293January 14, 2018 12:26 AM

I thought he was Egyptian?!

by Anonymousreply 294January 14, 2018 12:29 AM

For R293:

[quote] Omar Sharif, whose adopted surname means "noble"or "nobleman", was born as Michel Dimitri Chalhoub in Alexandria, Egypt, to a family of Melkite Catholic descent: he belonged to a small ethnocultural minority known as the Lebanese 'Antiochian' Greek Catholics of Egypt (Rum Katuleek al Shawamm), an offshoot of the Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch.

But Sharif did convert to Islam before marrying his wife and became ashamed of his Greek origins later on.

by Anonymousreply 295January 14, 2018 12:36 AM

[quote]so Gregg Araki was a total gentleman, i guess. Good for him

Yeah I had the same thought. This experience did not keep Jonathan Schaech from continuing to work with gay directors, and I guess never had any more issues.

Of course Araki was also a lot closer to him in age, maybe he was down for that lol.

by Anonymousreply 296January 14, 2018 12:36 AM

That is a religious designation r295. Ethnically his father was Lebanese and his mother was syrian, like the poser said.

by Anonymousreply 297January 14, 2018 12:39 AM

R297 Nope! Ethnoreligious groups like the Copts or Antiochian Greeks predate modern-day states of Lebanon and Syria by thousands of years and were used to describe both your ethnicity as well as your religion. People from different groups were also forbidden to mix or marry each other. So technically, you can't be "ethnically Lebanese" because those countries are made my by a large number of different ethnic groups - so if you come from Egypt that doesn't necessarily make you an Arab (which is just one of the many ethnic groups there, though the largest by far).

by Anonymousreply 298January 14, 2018 12:53 AM

r295, Chalhoub is an Arabic surname. Greek Orthodox is a religion not an ethnicity. Omar Sharif was very proud of his Arab identity.

Bruce Robinson also wrote a meticulously-researched book revealing the real identity of Jack the Ripper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299January 14, 2018 1:05 AM

Robinson was gorgeous:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300January 14, 2018 1:05 AM

[quote] he isn't a big name in America

[quote] if he was in the habit of making up shit to get attention, why not accuse a bigger name?

I don’t get this point at all. Zeffirelli is obviously a well-known name. The US is only one country (and a very insular one). Zeffirelli is widely known across all of the European continent and even Asia.

Thanks to his “Romeo and Juliet”, Zeffirelli has the added perk of being taught in high school in many countries. Teachers often show the film in class when covering Shakespeare. So Zeffirelli is not like Kurosawa - he’s not the esoteric preserve of film buffs. For better or worse, he’s often part of the international HS curriculum.

My question was left unanswered. Which “bigger name” GAY director did Schaech work with?

by Anonymousreply 301January 14, 2018 1:07 AM

R298 is actually right - ETHNOreligious groups in the Middle East are not quite the same thing as religious groups over here in the West (like the Catholics or the Protestants).

But who the fuck cares?! Can we go back to talking about what a perv Signor Zeffirelli is?

by Anonymousreply 302January 14, 2018 1:09 AM

r298 Lebanese and Syrian are definitely ethnic groups.

by Anonymousreply 303January 14, 2018 1:13 AM

R300 Gorgeous (except for the sagging cheeks).

I wonder if Zeffirelli was genuinely attracted to the Brit boys he hired or whether he thought they would sell best in his products?

by Anonymousreply 304January 14, 2018 1:13 AM

if you're shooting Shakespeare adaptations choosing british actors seems the way to go to me...

by Anonymousreply 305January 14, 2018 1:23 AM

r54, why don't you believe him? Why are people believing every woman that talks about having her ass patted or some minor gropping yet Johathan had hid director breaking into his room to paw him. I don't think he made this up. What the fuck for?

If he did the old guy to get a part and then regreted it, his mouth would be closed. I applaud him for telling what happened. he was a victim too.

by Anonymousreply 306January 14, 2018 1:29 AM

[quote] so Gregg Araki was a total gentleman, i guess

Araki doesn’t rape his actors - he rapes his unsuspecting audience instead. I felt I neeeded to take a sanitizing shower after watching “Mysterious Skin”. Did anyone really need to see Joseph Gordon-Levitt give an awkward massage to some old john with advanced skin disease?

by Anonymousreply 307January 14, 2018 1:35 AM

"We see an inebriated smart interesting man with a fascinating mind who lived a hell of a life."

"We?" You think you're representative of the country of England? You don't speak for the masses, sweetheart. And an "inebriated smart interesting man with a fascinating mind who lived a hell of a life? Your worship of this minimally talented nobody drunk is unhealthy. There's nothing fascinating about this sod. Just because you want to fuck him (you seem to have a thing for drunks) doesn't mean he's smart or fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 308January 14, 2018 1:36 AM

What can I do to make myself relevant? I have been ignored for a decade.

Who will pay me to do something?

Anything?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309January 14, 2018 1:37 AM

R308 Are you talking to the British person who was obsessing over Bruce Robinson?

He created a confusing subthread to the main thread

by Anonymousreply 310January 14, 2018 1:39 AM

"Robinson was gorgeous."

No, Leonard Whiting was gorgeous. Robinson always looked like a disheveled, ordinary looking British drunk. Which he was. And is.

by Anonymousreply 311January 14, 2018 1:41 AM

Did Whiting weigh in on this yet?

Did Zeffirelli jump into his hotel bed too?

by Anonymousreply 312January 14, 2018 1:46 AM

As far as I know Leonard Whiting has always diplomatically deflected any questions regarding Zeffirelli making passes at him. Len got the lead and was even prettier than Bruce so it's not hard to believe Zeffirelli had put the moves on him too.

by Anonymousreply 313January 14, 2018 1:50 AM

No r298. There is no genetic difference between Lebanese people of that religious group or Lebanese of any other religious group.

Quit trying to make him greek, it is so fucking bizarre. He has a lebanese dad and a syrian mom (which you keep ignoring his mom's heritage)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314January 14, 2018 2:00 AM

Didn’t Sharif also recently come out as “half-Jewish” (on his mother’s side)?

The plot thickens.

by Anonymousreply 315January 14, 2018 2:18 AM

[quote]If he did the old guy to get a part and then regreted it, his mouth would be closed.

Well, unless he's simply desperate for attention and this is exactly the right time to tell this story.

I'm sorry but we're not talking about an inecperienced, awkward-looking 14 year-old, like Rapp. This is a breathtaking, 22 year-old model who, by this age, has been hit on hundreds if not thousands of times and surely knows how to deflect unwarranted advances.

by Anonymousreply 316January 14, 2018 2:20 AM

This is a short film about the Making of Romeo and Juliet where you see the actors and director behind the scenes talking about the film. You see Zeffirelli, Hussey, Whiting, Michael York, and I think, a young Bruce Robinson.

It's interesting to see what the cast and Zeffirelli look like at the time, especially as a background to what Robinson alleges in the video at R224 .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317January 14, 2018 2:26 AM

I contend that half of the filmmakers who hired Shaech were/are gay.

He would be forgotten by now if he looked like Jonah Hill Feldstein

by Anonymousreply 318January 14, 2018 2:31 AM

Schaech was on a show I liked called Impastor a few years ago - looked hot with Michael Rosenbaum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319January 14, 2018 2:34 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320January 14, 2018 2:57 AM

R320 The 90s was a long time ago. And this hasbeen needs to eat everyday.

by Anonymousreply 321January 14, 2018 3:26 AM

R286, and that was your experience; JS had another one.

22 is way far away in my rear view mirror, but there were things I didn't to or experience until long after that.

Not everyone matures or experiences things at the same time other people do.

by Anonymousreply 322January 14, 2018 7:01 AM

“Every day”, R321. “Everyday” is an adjective.

by Anonymousreply 323January 14, 2018 8:09 AM

R322 I somehow doubt you looked like Schaech at 22. To quote a poster upthread:

[quote]I'm sorry but we're not talking about an inexperienced, awkward-looking 14 year-old, like Rapp. This is a breathtaking, 22 year-old model who, by this age, has been hit on hundreds if not thousands of times and surely knows how to deflect unwarranted advances.

by Anonymousreply 324January 14, 2018 8:21 AM

"I am curious why there seems to be so little regard for Schaech. Is it because he was so pretty? Is it because he isn't more successful? Men have NOTHING to gain from sharing their #MeToo experiences. He wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true.

Also, 22 is very young to have to fend off unwanted advances from an authority figure. I'm gay and if at 22 my 70 year old boss groped me and tried to fellate me I would still be traumatized.

—Anonymous"

THANK YOU!!! So much ignorance and lack of empathy in this thread!!!

by Anonymousreply 325January 14, 2018 8:24 AM

R323 The second 'everyday' is an adjective with an unstated (inferred) noun.

Just like when people say 'motor' when then could have said 'motorcar'.

Or when car advertisers advertise 'free air' when they could have said 'free air-conditioning'.

by Anonymousreply 326January 14, 2018 8:30 AM

[quote]For those of you who were wondering about Schaech's heritage: his father's side is German/French/English, and his mother's side is completely Italian.

Well, now that [italic]that[/italic] has been settled. (And the critical debate re Sharif's ethnicity as well.)

by Anonymousreply 327January 14, 2018 8:35 AM

Hello Johnathon @ R325. Welcome to Datalounge!

So did you and Christina have an arrangement or did you just suck cock behind her back?

by Anonymousreply 328January 14, 2018 8:37 AM

Gee, I must have been an unusually worldly 22 year old, as by that age I would have instinctively figured out what angle horny old men were coming from in no time at all, and brushed off unwelcome advances with ease. As almost every person I knew knew how to do at that age.

by Anonymousreply 329January 14, 2018 8:43 AM

^ yes, when I was 22 we'd go to parties and laugh at the old queens who swarmed around us salivating and wanting to touch our fresh nubile bodies.

We were like George—

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330January 14, 2018 9:02 AM

[quote]In 1989, dance troupe Chippendales flew Schaech out to Los Angeles and offered him a job, but his father urged him to aim higher. He signed with Wilhelmina West and survived for three years doing commercials and bit parts in movies.[4] Schaech studied under acting teacher, Roy London, who also taught stars such as Michelle Pfeiffer, Brad Pitt and Forest Whitaker.[6] He studied with Roy London for three and half years until London's death in 1993.[7]

Some 22 year olds are a bit more worldly than others.

by Anonymousreply 331January 14, 2018 9:15 AM

[quote]A helpless young male model barely in long pants at age 22

What century are these ancient Zefferelli defenders posting from? Long pants?

by Anonymousreply 332January 14, 2018 10:03 AM

[quote]yes, when I was 22 we'd go to parties and laugh at the old queens who swarmed around us salivating and wanting to touch our fresh nubile bodies.

Why were you at parties with old men? Normal 22 y/o people hang out with people their own age. If they aren't whores, that is.

by Anonymousreply 333January 14, 2018 10:09 AM

Yes, it IS very easy for most 22 y/o people to PHYSICALLY deflect the attentions of an old troll.....if their careers don't depend on his good graces. Z sounds highly deceptive, manipulative and evil, not unlike many pigs in the business.

by Anonymousreply 334January 14, 2018 10:14 AM

[quote]Z sounds highly deceptive, manipulative and evil, not unlike many pigs in the business.

Most accounts disagree.

by Anonymousreply 335January 14, 2018 10:22 AM

[quote]Men have NOTHING to gain from sharing their #MeToo experiences.

Nothing to gain? Here we are talking about this nobody. Plus he got his name in the news.

For a D lister, that's pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 336January 14, 2018 10:58 AM

I don't really care about this accusation but Withnail and I is one of my top 10 favorite films. Both hilarious and right on the money with its depiction of the late 60s.

by Anonymousreply 337January 14, 2018 12:18 PM

R333 We went to big parties and public gatherings where we'd chase sexy men and keep an eye out for 'old queens' who may offer something to our advantage. We were as poor as a church mouse but 'old queens' had suitable houses for pool parties.

I definitely would not have turned down an offer of mild sex-play from distinguished persons such as Zeffirelli or Visconti— but there's an unstated rule that I would not be expected to reciprocate.

by Anonymousreply 338January 14, 2018 12:28 PM

[quote] THANK YOU!!! So much ignorance and lack of empathy in this thread!!!

R325, I believe it's also jealousy. Jealousy about Schaech' s beauty and his celebrity.

Also, I think any talk of sexual abuse is uncomfortable for gay guys. It is difficult to reconcile the sexually abusive behaviour we all experienced as young men, adults but with the psyche of children due to the social and emotional dysfunction of growing up gay. Being taken advantage of by older guys, in some cases MUCH older guys. Even when we thought we were in control (like if we were getting money or gifts) we were being abused. It took a toll on all of us -- it was ruinous of our self-esteem, confidence, self-image and well being. We don't want to be reminded and we react with hostility when we are triggered.

I believe most Dataloungers have at some point been the victim of traumatic abuse, and they know full well that it can happen to a young man in his 20s. Especially one who is not worldly or sexually experienced. The only difference here was an Schaech Adonis and when most of the guys in this thread were 22 they already looked like they would grow up to post on DL.

by Anonymousreply 339January 14, 2018 4:45 PM

r339 most gay men were not molested. It's terrible that ANY of us were, but to claim that we were all diddled as kids/teens, or even most of us were, is just false.

by Anonymousreply 340January 14, 2018 4:57 PM

[quote] Didn’t Sharif also recently come out as “half-Jewish” (on his mother’s side)?

Oops, that was Omar Sharif’s namesake gay grandson - Omar Sharif Jr.

Sorry for the confusion, folks.

by Anonymousreply 341January 14, 2018 6:56 PM

@[R339] Or maybe those attacking Schaech are they themselves guilty of being drunk old queens trying to forced themselves on, chasing or manipulating young gays ...LOL

by Anonymousreply 342January 14, 2018 9:20 PM

[quote]I believe it's also jealousy. Jealousy about Schaech' s beauty and his celebrity.

Johnathon, honey, any beauty and celebrity you ever had are long gone. Try again.

by Anonymousreply 343January 14, 2018 9:25 PM

I can’t tell if I like Bruce Robinson because he’s funny and can tell a story well or if he’s a total alcoholic cunt that can be amusing at times.

The story was what it was but his language leading up really brought back the way we used to talk to each other before the PC police. I kinda miss the 90’s.

by Anonymousreply 344January 14, 2018 11:06 PM

Schaech looks like Fred Armisen now.

by Anonymousreply 345January 14, 2018 11:13 PM

"THANK YOU!!! So much ignorance and lack of empathy in this thread!!!"

Calm down, Mary. You're obviously overwrought. And obviously a birdbrain. Unless you're mentally challenged (IS Johnathon Schaech mentally challenged?) you're an adult at 22, and perfectly capable of resisting unwanted sexual advances. Whatever happened between Schaech and Zeffirelli, IF anything actually happened, it was consensual. Schaech looks like a total idiot, trying to make himself seem like a helpless little victim who fell prey to a predator. I guess he desperately wants publicity, hence his jumping on the "I was abused by (fill in the blank)" wagon.

by Anonymousreply 346January 14, 2018 11:26 PM

R339 gives the nail a few good whacks. But R342 drives it home.

by Anonymousreply 347January 14, 2018 11:29 PM

It's interesting to me how some of you seem so hung up on the fact that Schaech was 4 years an adult at the time and also very good looking, while giving no weight to internal goings on.

I admit that his retelling is odd and seems to attribute a shit ton of stuff to sexual harassment and an apparently brief physical act. There does seem to be something missing in his account. He could never be properly to intimate with a woman until recently because of Zeffirelli's treatment? I don't buy that. FZ cannot be soley responsible for Schaech's self esteem.

But I don't doubt that a grown, built guy like Schaech could have "given in" to Zeffirelli and that whatever act that occured was traumatic. There was a power differential. There was a talent differential.

by Anonymousreply 348January 14, 2018 11:51 PM

The thing that's too bad for Schaech is if he were younger he would have been perfect for the enormous spate of superhero movies after 2005 or so--he had the face and body for it, and he's also decent at comedy.

by Anonymousreply 349January 15, 2018 12:41 AM

I want to hear about what happened with him and his major rships like with christina applegate. And any guys he's been with - consensually

by Anonymousreply 350January 15, 2018 9:24 AM

[quote] [R339] gives the nail a few good whacks. But [R342] drives it home.

Sadly, I think ur right. R342 hit it squarely. That is the only explanation for the callousness towards Schaech. He is not disbelieved, he is just dismissed.

by Anonymousreply 351January 16, 2018 3:12 AM

[quote]Did anyone really need to see Joseph Gordon-Levitt give an awkward massage to some old john with advanced skin disease?

And that "uh-oh" feeling tells you that something's wrong.

by Anonymousreply 352January 16, 2018 4:08 AM

[quote]He was outed around the time he married Applegate by Billy Masters. Luckily for Schaech, Masters is pretty obscure, too.

Not surprisingly, Masters wrote a rather skeptical description of Schaech's "molestation."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353January 16, 2018 5:57 AM

[quote] Pippo Zeffirelli (Franco’s adopter son): “At the time Johnathon suffered from a throat type of obstruction which made his speaking difficult.”

What “throat type of obstruction”? Cock-in-mouth syndrome?

Pippo writes like a DLer, throwing nuanced shade.

by Anonymousreply 354January 16, 2018 10:35 AM

[quote]Schaech looks like Fred Armisen now.

He's too lean. He'd look a lot better with some fat in his face -- but he's decided to have a really tight body instead.

I love his soft speaking voice -- totally incongruous with his physicality.

by Anonymousreply 355January 16, 2018 12:34 PM

I still want to know what places he considers he couldn't even imagine.

Unless he has the body of a space alien I can't figure that one out.

by Anonymousreply 356January 16, 2018 1:13 PM

It's all probably very prosaic. He likely just means finger up the ass. Let's remember, it was early 90s. Anal wasn't that common among straight people yet.

by Anonymousreply 357January 16, 2018 3:28 PM

Neither of the participants are straight, though.

by Anonymousreply 358January 16, 2018 3:51 PM

To hear tales of how at the age of 22 he was "molested" is funny as hell. Doesn't he know how ridiculous he sounds? If anything went on between him and Zeffirelli it was consensual. Maybe he didn't LIKE it, but it was consensual.

by Anonymousreply 359January 16, 2018 3:55 PM

If I were Schaech's lawyer, I'd argue diminished mental capacity / stunted intellectual growth. He had all the signs - dyslexia (suddenly manifesting itself at the age of 22), "throat obstruction" preventing him from speaking properly, followed by drug abuse and violent outbursts.

Basically, that he was too "mentally challenged" to give consent. Given that he was also a male model, that won't be too hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 360January 16, 2018 4:08 PM

I find this thread very troubling. There seems to be a basic belief that a man can't be assaulted or molested as long as he's physically stronger. The discourse around male sexual abuse is 40 years behind that relating to women.

by Anonymousreply 361January 18, 2018 6:05 AM

I love that scene in the Doom generation when Jonathan is licking the cum off his hand after choking his chicken watching Rose McGowan and that Keanu guy have sex

by Anonymousreply 362January 18, 2018 6:28 AM

I love how Billy Masters puts it:

[quote] Days ago, Johnathon Schaech announced that he had been sexually molested by director Franco Zeffirelli while making the 1993 film Spar- row. First, who saw Sparrow? Hands? OK, moving on. What had Johnathon Schaech done be- fore Sparrow? Anything? So, an unknown model (and a stunning one at that) is cast by a director widely known for sleeping with virtually every hot guy he encounters. After lots of innuendos and propositioning, Schaech claims that one night, Zeffirelli was very drunk and got the key to his (Schaech’s) hotel room. It is beyond the confines of this column to dissect this moment by moment, except to mention that’s a lot of activity for 30 seconds! Zeffirelli’s (adopted) son stated that this lurid tale is news to him. He said Schaech has regularly been in touch with the family, often texting inquiring about the 94-year-old director’s health

by Anonymousreply 363January 18, 2018 6:38 AM

I'm jealous of anyone who has ever had sex with Johnathon Schaech. He must have been quite an A+ fuck back in the day. he's still hot now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364January 18, 2018 7:34 AM

Whatever applies to women regarding being sexually abused or molested can apply to men as well, especially when it comes to employment, because you're in a compromised position. I believe Johnathon, just like I believe Bruce Robinson and others. Zeffirelli has a long sorted history of being lecherous towards younger men.

by Anonymousreply 365January 18, 2018 10:49 AM

R365 and R361, are you women?

Because there is a price men must pay to be men. And it is decidedly different than what a woman pays to be a woman.

We'll talk about that later if we must.

by Anonymousreply 366January 18, 2018 11:25 AM

The challenge for Schaech is not just that he's a man, but that he's an actor / model.

Actors (especially D-list ones from Hollywood) have an unfortunate reputation of being narcissistic, attention-seeking crazies, who'll do anything for publicity. Create a fake PR relationship. Sell fake illness rumors to the tabloids. Anything to be in the news. It's difficult to discern whether a Hollywood thesp is telling the truth or just spinning another manipulative PR tale (fishing for a book deal and a TV appearance).

by Anonymousreply 367January 18, 2018 1:57 PM

"There seems to be a basic belief that a man can't be assaulted or molested as long as he's physically stronger."

There's no "basic belief" like that at all. The point is that Schaech was an adult male, not physically frail or weak, who didn't have a mental disability (I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here). An older man made a pass at him (if you believe his story) which he could have easily deflected, but didn't. There was no force; there was no gun put to his head, he was not physically overpowered. So the only reasonable assumption is that Schaech was NOT "molested", he just had an unpleasant sexual encounter, if you believed it happened at all.

by Anonymousreply 368January 18, 2018 3:03 PM

r368, you seem really dim. The guy broke into his bedroom and started groping him. He didn't invite Zeffirelli into his bedroom, it wasn't a consensual "sexual encounter"

by Anonymousreply 369January 18, 2018 3:22 PM

Have you ever been pinched by an Italian? It takes ten minutes.

by Anonymousreply 370January 18, 2018 3:24 PM

"You seem really dim. The guy broke into his bedroom and started groping him. He didn't invite Zeffirelli into his bedroom, it wasn't a consensual "sexual encounter."

You seem like an idiot. If Schaech LET him grope him, then it was indeed a consensual sexual encounter. He could have prevented it or stopped it but he LET it happen. So it was consensual.

I think if Schaech had gone to the police and said "I'm only 22 years old! He broke in! He molested me! I'm going to be traumatized for life!" they would have laughed in his face and justifiably so.

by Anonymousreply 371January 18, 2018 3:43 PM

." I believe Johnathon, just like I believe Bruce Robinson and others. men."

You believe a clod and a drunk? That's not very bright.

Schaech and Robinson may (or may not) have had a sexual encounter with Zeffirelli. But since they were both adult males at the time by no stretch of the imagination could it be called molestation. For them to try and portray it as such is just an attempt for publicity. They both need it, since their careers are virtually nonexistent.

by Anonymousreply 372January 18, 2018 3:49 PM

[quote]I think if Schaech had gone to the police and said "I'm only 22 years old! He broke in! He molested me! I'm going to be traumatized for life!" they would have laughed in his face and justifiably so.

Explains why violence and rape against gay men is grossly underreported.

by Anonymousreply 373January 18, 2018 4:02 PM

I think it would be really interesting and actually beneficial to know when you post if you are male or female .

Does anyone have objection to that? If you dont, could you?

by Anonymousreply 374January 18, 2018 4:17 PM

The thing about thirsty whores is they love to jump on bandwagons if it means they'll get more attention.

The same impulses that led Schaech to let Zeffirelli fuck him are what led him to post all this now in this unbelievable story.

by Anonymousreply 375January 18, 2018 6:13 PM

I think the ones here that are 'troubled' by us mocking a dim witted LA model who is shocked by someone putting his hand somewhere he couldn't even imagine(!) aren't even posting from the '50s they are posting from another universe.

Even men in the 50s weren't so unashamedly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 376January 18, 2018 9:51 PM

r376, maybe you should be more troubled by a hack director who makes shitty movies and thinks it entitles him to be a sexual predator. You seem unashamedly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 377January 19, 2018 12:09 AM

I’ve was 22. Give me a break. He whored then and he’s whoring now. 22!

by Anonymousreply 378January 19, 2018 12:12 AM

He was 22... damn

by Anonymousreply 379January 19, 2018 12:13 AM

Didn't he say that he deflected prior to FZ gaining entry to his room?

I have to laugh at "An older man made a pass at him (if you believe his story)", as if that's some far out claim.

It's interesting to compare this thread to the one on the opera conductor, James Levine. I wonder if it's because FZ picked smarter than JL - Schaech, Robinson etc. had something to lose by outing FZ in their prime and they've both "made it" so they're less sympathetic to DL than all those anonymous black boys. I would bring up the minor vs adult issue but plenty of DLers were dismissive of Anthony Rapp. Rapp too has "made it" so his account can be brushed aside as well, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 380January 19, 2018 1:27 AM

R377 Ok I'll call you incredibly naïve instead of unashamedly stupid because I can be generously nice when dealing with insufferably self righteous children.

by Anonymousreply 381January 19, 2018 1:52 AM

"I have to laugh at "An older man made a pass at him (if you believe his story)", as if that's some far out claim."

Not ALL older men make blatant sexual passes, doofus. I don't believe Schaech's tale of "molestation" for a minute. If it happened, it was sex, sex between some dumb actor and an older director. Happens all the time, big fucking deal.

by Anonymousreply 382January 19, 2018 2:22 AM

Who said all older men make passes? And you said older director and some dumb actor fucking happens all the time. Are all these older directors bein relentlessly pursued?! Poor things. Zeffirelli mustn't have beej able to eve eat in peace.

by Anonymousreply 383January 19, 2018 2:42 AM

Who said all older men make passes? And you said older director and some dumb actor fucking happens all the time. Are all these older directors being relentlessly pursued?! Poor things. Zeffirelli mustn't have been able to even eat in peace.

by Anonymousreply 384January 19, 2018 2:43 AM

"I think the ones here that are 'troubled' by us mocking a dim witted LA model are posting from another universe. "

No, I think the majority of them ARE WOMEN.

I asked earlier if you could post your sex on these posts.

No one has!

I think it would make it VERY clear with regards to the vast differences in opinion.

Now could you please post your sex so we can see the differences?

To assume sex is not an issue and that men and women see this the same way is ludicrous!

by Anonymousreply 385January 19, 2018 5:22 AM

[R193] Franco Zeffirelli wasn't mentioned in the clip I watched just his problematic relationship with his father?

by Anonymousreply 386January 19, 2018 5:34 AM

"Are all these older directors being relentlessly pursued?!"

Oh, I think they are quite a bit. Lots of mediocre young actor wannabes will do anything to further their careers, and that includes fucking directors. If you don't believe THAT, then you are truly an innocent lamb.

by Anonymousreply 387January 19, 2018 3:01 PM

MALE^ and CORRECT!

by Anonymousreply 388January 19, 2018 3:05 PM

Happy 95th Franco!

22 years old and you you couldn't shake off an old (even then) man. Why does everyone want to be a victim now? Bruce Robinson could have said no. Sure, FZ is gross for focing himself on these guys, but they didn't have to acquiesce.

by Anonymousreply 389February 12, 2018 2:22 PM

"22 years old and you you couldn't shake off an old (even then) man"

He did shake him off. The issue is that he shouldn't have been breaking into guys' rooms to molest them in the first place. That's what you're defending? Don't be gross.

by Anonymousreply 390February 12, 2018 2:49 PM

No, whats weak is holding on to such a minor event as a fucking LIFELONG INJURY!

Women are different: sorry but true.

Men must learn to defend themselves FROM OLD MEN and their psyches as well!

by Anonymousreply 391February 12, 2018 2:53 PM

There's a difference between "hit on" and "molested." Johnathon would have really had something to bitch about if no one had been interested in "molesting" him.

by Anonymousreply 392February 12, 2018 2:58 PM

r392, merely "hitting on" someone is not the same thing as breaking into their room at night and jumping on top of them without their permission.

What's up with the sexual abuse apologists on this thread? Are they jealous of Schaech because he's good-looking?

by Anonymousreply 393February 12, 2018 3:08 PM

[quote]What's up with the sexual abuse apologists on this thread?

It has nothing to do with this thread or Schaech, you'll find the same comments on every thread about these type of things.

One is a well known troll, the males can't be raped person. Some are just pervy queens who would happily do the same thing and don't like seeing this behavior called out.

by Anonymousreply 394February 12, 2018 3:34 PM

Excuse me! Excuse me!

by Anonymousreply 395February 12, 2018 3:38 PM

Oops, R393 is right. From the article:

[quote][Then], one night, I think it was when we were at a hotel in Sicily and my costar wasn’t there, he told me he was coming to my room. This time he had managed to get a key. I was in bed sleeping and he let himself into the bedroom and he got beside my bed and was over the top of me on the side of the bed as I awoke. He got in my face. There was a moment where I was telling him “No” and he told me, “We have to.” I remember his breath smelling of scotch. And this is the whole thing, and you hear it from the women who are opening up now about their own experiences with abuse: There’s a moment where, even though you are taught to be charming and have sex appeal as an actor, a line is crossed and everything changes. When someone crosses that line, when someone preys on you, there’s a panic that sets in. That’s what Franco did. He crossed that boundary and I felt as though I left my body. He molested me in my bed. He put his hands in places that I couldn’t even imagine and he did things that I am not proud of. But it’s not my fault. His pants never came off but I can [still] see him fumbling with his belt. He attempted to give me oral sex. I just remember being like, “God, please no. I’m OK, I’m OK.” I did nothing. I just lay there in bed. It felt like four hours but it was probably like 30 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 396February 12, 2018 3:41 PM

....and some people comment without having glanced at the article or any of the hundreds of posts about this story from last month.

by Anonymousreply 397February 12, 2018 3:43 PM

[quote]One is a well known troll, the males can't be raped person.

That's not me. I am male. I have been raped. I am guilty, however, of the behavior described in r397. I did not read the article. I dismissed it as yet another #metoo. There have been accusations made since this thread was first posted that didn't really amount to rape, and my eyes have begun to glaze over every time I read a new accusation. I don't read them all.

by Anonymousreply 398February 12, 2018 3:48 PM

[quote] What's up with the sexual abuse apologists on this thread? Are they jealous of Schaech because he's good-looking?

Yes!

by Anonymousreply 399February 12, 2018 3:51 PM

"The issue is that he shouldn't have been breaking into guys' rooms to molest them in the first place. That's what you're defending? Don't be gross."

Actually, the real issue is Schaech's credibility, which is minimal. His story sounds utterly absurd. And from the way he talks ("he put his hands in places I couldn't even imagine") he sounds like an utter idiot. There was no molestation. If there was sex it was consensual, obviously. Consensual sex between two adults.

by Anonymousreply 400February 12, 2018 6:52 PM

I wish I could remember who wrote "lavender prose." That was funny.

by Anonymousreply 401February 12, 2018 7:23 PM

Lorna at R395, we already saw where you chimed I’m at R13. We get it - you were molested. This thread ishn’t about you. Not everything is about you!

by Anonymousreply 402February 12, 2018 8:15 PM

But now I've got the brain cancer!

by Anonymousreply 403March 12, 2018 5:52 AM

and in places you couldnt even imagine!

by Anonymousreply 404March 13, 2018 10:19 PM

Pokoima (sp?)?

by Anonymousreply 405March 13, 2018 10:22 PM

Quote: it felt like four hours but it was probably 30 seconds.

Get off the cross, Jonathan, we need the wood.

by Anonymousreply 406March 13, 2018 10:33 PM

Schaech was fuckin' hotter than shit in Doom Generation. Gregg Araki knew how to present him. Fucking DIRTY, he looked like he smelled like BO, Marlboros, and Red Bull. There is once scene where he's eating drippy nachos, and he's licking his fingers, and has dirt under his fingernails. I know, hygene is important, but for some reason, when it's a guy as hot as Schaech was back then, being that dirty is sexy as fuck, dude.

Then, of course, there's the scene where he jerks off and licks the succulent Schaech cum off his hand. And the scene where he describes double penetration to Jimmy Duval. "Like to pistons pumping, you can feel the bulge inside her"

He also looks hot with a blood face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407March 13, 2018 10:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!