Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jolie laide men

Actor Adam Campbell used to be adorable and twinky but I saw him on Great News recently and he was bug-eyed and wizened in the way that British men get from too much sun and smoking, but still oddly sexy.

What other jolie laide men are out there?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 6, 2019 7:13 AM

Brad Pitt - he was laid by Jolie.

by Anonymousreply 1January 8, 2018 6:19 PM

Jean-Paul Belmondo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 8, 2018 6:25 PM

joli laid

get the gender correct

by Anonymousreply 3January 8, 2018 6:27 PM

I feel that is a micro aggression r3.

by Anonymousreply 4January 8, 2018 6:28 PM

javier bardem wins

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 8, 2018 6:36 PM

Him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 8, 2018 6:41 PM

OP, please, recognize that the term for such men is "beau laid," not "jolie laid.," so you don't look so illiterate.

Most men in the category would be cited as having bdf, although the OP's example is not quite there (yet).

With women, it has been said that those seen jolie laide often are brunette or blonde but read "darker." But another, more useful consideration is that in such judgments "men act and women appear" (John Berger). The men who strike a viewer as beau laid appear to be men who are ready to take action in an unregarding, unselfconscious way. Men who are more effete, intellectual or slender/frail may be somewhat beau laid but carry a sense of aestheticism or indirection that may be sexy, but have a very different effect that the Belmondo types.

Cumberbatch often is seen as today's quintessential beau laid male, and he's a very rare example of a man who conveys action with intelligence, and has a big-dick face along with it all. He's beefed up somewhat, which has helped him retain attractiveness as he's aged.

by Anonymousreply 7January 8, 2018 7:06 PM

The guy who played Denny on Grey’s Anatomy.

by Anonymousreply 8January 8, 2018 7:10 PM

young Nic Cage. His cousin Sophia is also jolie laide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 8, 2018 7:26 PM

Him I guess

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 8, 2018 7:30 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 8, 2018 7:40 PM

^Forgot to add: overly big forehead.

by Anonymousreply 12January 8, 2018 7:42 PM

That's Gosling post rhino

by Anonymousreply 13January 8, 2018 8:05 PM

I think Adam Campbell is much too hot to be "jolie laide."

by Anonymousreply 14January 8, 2018 8:56 PM

Richard Boone

According to Maureen O'Hara, he and Peter Lawford were at an Australian male bordello when it was raided.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 8, 2018 9:02 PM

Adam's eyes were always like that. You don't get more "bug-eyed" with age - eyes are most prominent in young adulthood. I know beady eyes are trendy, but let's not act like they're a sign of youth.

by Anonymousreply 16January 8, 2018 9:18 PM

R15 I find that hard to believe. I imagine Maureen would be too puritanical to know that such a thing exists.

by Anonymousreply 17January 8, 2018 9:51 PM

Young Simon Pegg for me, circa Shaun of the Dead.

by Anonymousreply 18August 4, 2019 7:22 PM

So much more eye-catching than the conventional beauties.

by Anonymousreply 19August 4, 2019 7:34 PM

Jurgen Melzer. He kind of looks like a cross-country serial killer, but I find him attractive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 4, 2019 8:46 PM

Here's a before and after (rhinoplasty) of Ryan Gosling. Still sexy "before."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 4, 2019 9:55 PM

Steve Buscemi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 4, 2019 9:57 PM

Eleanor Bron.

by Anonymousreply 23August 5, 2019 4:54 PM

Vincent Cassel

Grosse queue visage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 5, 2019 5:12 PM

Wow: Andrea Martin should take a good long break from cosmetic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 25August 6, 2019 12:23 AM

Some of these are flat out ugly! Ain't no "beau" to it.

by Anonymousreply 26August 6, 2019 12:29 AM

I think David Schwimmer should be on the list.

by Anonymousreply 27August 6, 2019 12:34 AM

Daniel Craig

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 6, 2019 3:09 AM

Daniel Craig

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 6, 2019 3:09 AM

Craig Daniel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 6, 2019 7:12 AM

Craig Daniel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 6, 2019 7:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!