Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did Kirk Douglas rape Natalie Wood?

He just got a standing ovation at the 2018 Golden Globe Awards.

I'm not actually watching the awards, I just saw the headline and was puzzled. It would be in pretty bad taste to honor a rapist in the midst of Time's Up, MeToo, and the fashion blackout.

I think he's guilty and hope the truth comes out sooner rather than later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338February 5, 2020 11:51 PM

He is a huge asshole!

by Anonymousreply 1January 8, 2018 3:00 AM

He was never charged or even publically accused, so it would be strange for the audience to shun a centenarian based on gossip alone.

But, it appears to me that he is and has been in a living hell ever since his massive stroke. I can't imagine a soul who would change places with him.

by Anonymousreply 2January 8, 2018 3:04 AM

There were rumors that he raped someone on location in Bend, Oregon back in the day. Can't remember the movie though. "How to Paint your Wagon" or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 3January 8, 2018 3:15 AM

If there are any actors here do yourself a favor and don't let them put you on stage in that condition. All it does is generate pity unless that is what you are looking for, but most people aren't. And we can never understand what is being said which generates even more pity.

by Anonymousreply 4January 8, 2018 3:19 AM

And let's not forget about Jean Spangler

[quote][bold]The Disappearance of Jean Elizabeth Spangler[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 8, 2018 3:35 AM

They applaud loads of despicable perverts and rapists - they only stop if 1) the public knows AND 2) the public reacts in such a way that not stopping would hurt their brand.

If the public doesn’t turn, they don’t bother either. #timesonlyupwhenthePRgoessouth

by Anonymousreply 6January 8, 2018 3:50 AM

Are we sure it was him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 8, 2018 4:17 AM

He raped a 16 year old Natalie Wood and the studios covered it up.

by Anonymousreply 8January 8, 2018 4:19 AM

But where are the receipts?

by Anonymousreply 9January 8, 2018 4:21 AM

a raped 16 year old Natalie Wood was still about 70 years ago and never even mentioned but on Datalounge I bet. I doubt they would drag out the corpse of Kirk Douglas this year of all #metoo times if anyone in real life actually believed it. Michael Douglass and the still beautiful Catherine Zeta Jones haven't enough pull to get on the stage never mind a job. I thought it was remarkably generous of NBC to allow it. Natalie Wood was a drunk skank anyway.

by Anonymousreply 10January 8, 2018 4:58 AM

None of her family have ever made these allegations publicly. Joan Collins was a good pal of Natalie Wood and is good friends with both Kirk Douglas and Natalie's children. If she'd heard this and believed it to be true I don't believe she'd still be friends with Kirk.

by Anonymousreply 11January 8, 2018 5:04 AM

But the minute Kirk kicks the bucket - oh the stories we’ll hear! You can’t libel the dead - and the goss has always been that he was a rough, compulsive womaniser. He had worked his way up from nothing - and was hot! - and felt whatever he wanted was his due. He was arrogant, brutal and had no respect for the women he had. And everyone has heard the stories about Wood.

Let’s see if he’s still held in such high regard after his demise...

Interestingly - similar stories about the treatment of women by Sinatra and Burt Lancaster. But guess there was plenty of money and power and the implicit threat of no one believing a victim’s story that they were taken advantage of - especially when those guys were considered hot and had so many fans who would literary throw themselves at their idols. They had their pick.

So much shit covered up! As much as I dislike a lot about the digital age we live in - at least everyone at anytime who has a phone on them can record stuff or take pics. Kinda hard to dispute claims when there’s evidence of wrongdoing.

by Anonymousreply 12January 8, 2018 5:57 AM

I don't know if the rumors are true, but the camera tonight briefly caught Christopher Plummer looking a little displeased during the Kirk Douglas standing ovation. Recently there was a video posted here on DL of a Roddy McDowall party with Natalie Wood and Christopher Plummer hanging out. It's a big leap, but maybe they were friends and he heard the story. Or maybe he was just upset to see someone he is closer to in age being trotted out in that shape. Plummer certainly still seems to have his wits about him and as a fan, I hope his family never allows that to happen.

by Anonymousreply 13January 8, 2018 6:04 AM

R13, Plummer co-starred with Wood in the bizarre and entertaining "Inside Daisy Clover," in which Redford plays a bisexual actor. 1966? Roddy was in that too.

by Anonymousreply 14January 8, 2018 6:10 AM

You must be one hundred years old R112. The Golden Globes would not have chosen this night to have Kirk Douglas on if he was suspected or known to have raped an underage girl. This was the black dress #metoo night.

There was no reason to have him there at all. If anything the invite was to redeem him from crazy rumors. I don't even know who Kirk Douglas is other than that cool old movie with Barbara Stanwick. But DL has it's own mythology and the only ones that come true are commonly reported elsewhere. The rest is crazy talk. Read the funny but true story of what Irving Thalberg's wife was overheard saying in last weeks NY mag if you want old gossip about sexual predation. Today it changes, it changed a few months back to be truthful.

Kirk Douglas could easily be a rapist I guess, but that is not how the young and then virginal Lauren Bacall portrays him at the beginning of her career. It's not about video now, people are fired based on two or more accusers, There is no court of law or process really. But Weinstein will get his days in court, of that you can be sure. Why would Natalie Wood's relatives (who must be ancient) wait until KD is dead to say he hurt her lil thing? Makes no sense at all. If it don't make sense, it isn't true.

by Anonymousreply 15January 8, 2018 6:15 AM

No, Natalie used her "wood" on him.

by Anonymousreply 16January 8, 2018 6:24 AM

R16 -

You wait until they’re dead because then you can’t be sued.

He’s rich. His family is rich. If you besmirch his reputation while he’s alive - you will be smack in the middle of an expensive law suit.

If he’s dead - you can say what you like. His family can refute it and try and discredit you - but you can stick to your guns. And maybe Lana Wood or one of Natalie’s other relatives who knows what happened feels there should be an airing of it by way of getting some sort of belated justice?

Besides - the rape isn’t the whole story. The common narrative about it is that the studio people advised Natalie’s mother that if they went public, Natalie would never work again as she’d be viewed as damaged goods by the public. End of career. End of earning potential. All they’d worked towards. If they shut up and cooperated however, Natalie would be given a leg up and promoted and they’d give her some good roles. So her ambitious mother opted for the later solution. And who could blame her? But it sorta muddies the waters and makes team Wood look a little less saintly...no?

I don’t think it’s hard to understand why some of those who loved her and thought the perpetrator got off scot free should feel that they’d like to see the record set straight.

by Anonymousreply 17January 8, 2018 6:29 AM

And PS! (R17 again here!). -

It’s still all hearsay remember. The story has been around forever. No one really knows who the culprit is - though for years it’s been assumed. It might be some other man altogether!

But if that’s the case - you’d think someone would have spilled about what really happened by now - after the death of the culprit (and you’d have to assume that the culprit would be dead by now - or very, very old)

So as was previously stated - let’s see what stories surface after a certain centarian’s denise...

by Anonymousreply 18January 8, 2018 6:34 AM

Dick about dick R17 and R18. You just love repeating old gay men stories. Were you salivating? Nothing happened.

Again I ask you why would the Golden Globes choose tonight to wheel out Kirk Douglas if there as any real rumor that he raped a young actress? You didn't answer that dude. The whole lawsuit question was my point. Over a hundred women have accused Weinstein of things not on tape or recorded. Is he suing them? No. Don't be so old fashioned. Kirk Douglas can't participate in a lawsuit or change his own diaper. There is nothing to tell when Kirk Douglas dies or they would tell it now. Now is the time for all accusations to make the press. I am not being facetious. No one knows who Natalie Wood or Kirk Douglass are. If her family wanted to make an accusation, now would be a good time. Besides that family's real secret HAS to be about how Natalie Wood died. She died before I was born too but most people have heard or her. She was pretty.

by Anonymousreply 19January 8, 2018 6:45 AM

Isn't the whole Douglas / Wood rape thing just another CDAN creation?

by Anonymousreply 20January 8, 2018 6:50 AM

R20, there was public speculation naming Douglas as the perpetrator long before CDAN. I seem to recall seeing this info on Usenet at least 15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 21January 8, 2018 7:13 AM

The story of Natalie's rape was first mentioned in Suzanne Finstad's biography of Natalie published in 2001. The alleged rapist was her childhood idol, an unnamed powerful, married, movie star/producer. The actor raped her so violently that she had to go to the hospital to stop the bleeding. The story was corroborated by her friends Jackie Eastes, Dennis Hopper, and Scott Marlowe. Natalie's sister Lana said she would reveal the actor's name once he died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 8, 2018 7:24 AM

Jews are so dirty.

by Anonymousreply 23January 8, 2018 7:33 AM

‘Dude’ at R20 -

You seem to be getting pretty heated about old gay mem’s stories about people you don’t think are relevant and know nothing about....

Anyway - whatever.

No one knows what really happened. And it could have been another powerful actor/producer/Hollywood player who was the perpetrator. And either we’ll never know - or there are stories that’ll surface after the death of the man most consider to be prime suspect.

Does anyone remember reading one of the old James Ellroy crime novels - maybe American Tabloid - but possibly LA Comfidehtial? - where one of the detectives has this big paragraph spilling the sleazier details of some really famous Hollywood celebs’ more pervy pursuits? I was fairly young when I read it and was kinda gobsmacked at the time. Not long after that Ellroy was touring and I asked him about it in the post-lecture Q&A. I had thought he might have got some pushback from these celebs’ relatives or estates. But not at all. Can’t libel the dead

by Anonymousreply 24January 8, 2018 7:33 AM

You seem to be libelous and intent on slander. Be as old as you want but watch what you say old gay man. Did you even watch the Golden Globes because twice you haven't answered my question? If it doesn't make sense, it isn't true dude.

by Anonymousreply 25January 8, 2018 8:34 AM

The Natalie Wood story is not a CDAN fabrication. It’s apocryphal, and I’ve heard it mentioned over the years. And as with the Weinstein rumors, if I’VE heard about it, everyone else has. I could have sworn it was also in the Hollywood Babylon books, but it’s not, and those guys don’t say outrageous things about living celebs.

This is from the old A-List Gossip site:

“Douglas, Kirk. "The most hated man in Hollywood." Difficult to work with (obviously). Sex addict, and was willing to physically force women to have sex with him (which is to say, he was a rapist; among his victims were Jean Seberg and Natalie Wood). Linked with Lauren Bacall, Joan Crawford, Marlene Dietrich, Rita Hayworth, Patricia Neal, Gene Tierney, and Lana Turner.”

by Anonymousreply 26January 8, 2018 10:46 AM

Off topic. When women wear those wide deep V-necklines, I always see it as their head is on backwards. Like Meryl Streep in “Death Becomes Her”.

by Anonymousreply 27January 8, 2018 11:01 AM

The 'Kirk Douglas is a rapist' stories predate the internet. I can remember hearing them years ago. I can also remember hearing that a story Douglas told in his own auto biography about his 'manliness' with women basically described a rape.

I'm not at all surprised that they wheeled him out on stage. It was probably some sicko's joke on the audience.

by Anonymousreply 28January 8, 2018 11:05 AM

All I'm saying is check this out at 19:27 Blink and you'll miss it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 8, 2018 11:25 AM

I also wonder about the rumour that Natalie walked in on Walken & Wagner having sex the night she died...

by Anonymousreply 30January 8, 2018 11:30 AM

R29, Wow. "Since I can't say it, I'll show it."

by Anonymousreply 31January 8, 2018 11:39 AM

Wow, R29. I would have missed it.

Theories as to why KD was honored at the GG:

1. His people campaigned and paid for the honor 2. He has friends in high places who were doing his family a favor 3. It was a Fuck You to the #metoo community orchestrated by misogynistic suits 4. The Douglas family is well aware that their names are on the list of accusers and are working on positive PR campaigns before the news breaks. The Douglas family may very well have dirt on other Hollywood players and threatened to go public if the GG didn't go along with this recognition. It's all a game.

by Anonymousreply 32January 8, 2018 11:54 AM

R28, I read his autobiography The Ragman's Son and there was one story that stuck with me: He wrote about a young woman whom he said was an anti-semite. He pursued her and had sex with her. He was very graphic in his description of the moment when he revealed to her he was Jewish. Paraphrasing - he told her she had a Jew's dick in her as they were having sex. A lot of anger and he went the extra mile to humiliate this woman.

R32, it's most likely no. 4 - I believe he raped Natalie Wood.

by Anonymousreply 33January 8, 2018 11:57 AM

Another reason as to why KD was controversially honored, demographics. The GG needed a big name to draw in the geriatric population to increase ratings. He may have just been the biggest name available.

by Anonymousreply 34January 8, 2018 11:59 AM

hollywood: hey guys let's all dress in black at the golden globes to protest sexual assault it'll be cool

also hollywood: does a standing ovation to a man who raped actress natalie wood all while telling her he "liked young girls"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 8, 2018 12:18 PM

it’s well known in hollywood that this man raped the actress natalie wood but sure give him a standing ovation at the same event where you’re “protesting” abuse and harassment, hypocrites

by Anonymousreply 36January 8, 2018 12:20 PM

Kirk Douglas raped Natalie Wood when she was 16 and people who claimed to support sexual assault and wore black tonight in support just gave a standin ovation to a rapist. This is a sick fucking joke.

by Anonymousreply 37January 8, 2018 12:22 PM

Twitter Calls Out Golden Globes For Honoring Kirk Douglas, Accused of Raping Natalie Wood: ‘Not a Good Look'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 8, 2018 12:24 PM

They always pull this protest and “message” type shit at the Globes (like allowing the Writer’s Guild protests to cancel the Globes a few years back) but then act all business as usual by the time the Oscars roll around.

No one will be #MeToo-ing or wearing all black at the Oscars, that’s for sure...

by Anonymousreply 39January 8, 2018 12:27 PM

Kirk Douglas has never been *officially or publicly* accused by any woman though, right?

by Anonymousreply 40January 8, 2018 12:29 PM

Is good old Kirk holding on until Natalie's sister dies? LOL.

by Anonymousreply 41January 8, 2018 12:30 PM

It still pisses me of when I think of Meryl giving Polanski a standing ovation at the Oscars. She also knew about Harvey because she warned her daughters about him. And now she shows up at the GGs accompanied by a "justice advocate." All to save her career and preserve her legacy. Fucking hypocritical phony.

by Anonymousreply 42January 8, 2018 12:34 PM

Exactly, [R42].

by Anonymousreply 43January 8, 2018 12:36 PM

New York Post went there

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 8, 2018 12:38 PM

R34, but the age group that would be interested in his career is mostly gone. Many younger people know about the Natalie Wood rumors so aren't interested in seeing him honored.

I think Hollywood and beyond are forgetting that people who first started using the Internet regularly are starting to get up there in age. So a lot larger percent of the public gets most of their info from the Internet. The pre-Internet generation continues to shrink. The mainstream media assumes that if they don't talk about a topic then that means that the general public doesn't know about it. This is incorrect.

by Anonymousreply 45January 8, 2018 12:49 PM

Just because a rumour is old doesn't make it automatically true.There were false rumours pre Internet age too . Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 46January 8, 2018 12:52 PM

I still love “The Bad and the Beautiful” though—such a great movie...

by Anonymousreply 47January 8, 2018 12:53 PM

I think Hollywood is hypocritical and full of shit of course, but I don't know that it's fair to trash them for this one in particular. It may be a well-established rumor but it's not like he's been accused openly.

by Anonymousreply 48January 8, 2018 1:01 PM

What was the motivation for bringing him out on stage? I really don't get it. No one out there is tuning in for Kirk Douglas. His time is LONG past.

I really doubt that in his prime he would have made the decision to leave this last impression on the public. Plus, now you have all these people on Twitter bringing up the Natalie Wood thing.

It wouldn't surprise me if he did it since it is quite obvious that Hollywood has treated women and children horribly since its inception and has long attracted and embraced fellow predators.

by Anonymousreply 49January 8, 2018 1:07 PM

He's an egotistical jerk, R49. He probably thinks he still looks hot. Roll me on out there Cathie and let me shine!

by Anonymousreply 50January 8, 2018 1:28 PM

Natalie's sister Lana said she would reveal the actor's name once he died and Douglas is the only male star to fit her description of the rapist that is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 51January 8, 2018 2:51 PM

Where was Michael Douglas?

by Anonymousreply 52January 8, 2018 2:52 PM

Wow, there's a very dedicated Kirk Douglas defender in this thread. He is also rumored to have killed Jean Spangler, see R5.

by Anonymousreply 53January 8, 2018 3:03 PM

Could someone describe what’s shown at that particular moment in R29’s link? It says the video isn’t available when I try to access it.

by Anonymousreply 54January 8, 2018 3:09 PM

I really hope Kirk Douglas kicks off soon. I screamed at the TV last night when they rolled his near-corpse on TV. How hypocritical, on a night of #metoo and #timesup, they bring on a man that everyone knows raped and threatened a 16 year old girl. It's an open secret in Hollywood. You can't tell me that those phony celebs, garbed in black, standing for him, didn't know that he was a rapist?

I really hope Olivia DeHavilland survives Douglas so she can be the last great Hollywood star from the golden era alive, not that disgusting rapist.

by Anonymousreply 55January 8, 2018 3:11 PM

LOL @ all the posts claiming Kirk Douglas is a rapist are posted from the same individual

by Anonymousreply 56January 8, 2018 3:15 PM

I read the Kirk Douglas bio The Ragmans Son. It was a long time ago but he had an anecdote in it about hate fucking some woman that I thought was kind of disturbing and made his look really creepy instead of badass which is what I think he was going for. I do not know if the Natalie Wood rape story is true but I would not be surprised at all.

by Anonymousreply 57January 8, 2018 3:16 PM

Everyone knows? KNOWS [R55] Really? I don't think we KNOW that at all. How do you know?

by Anonymousreply 58January 8, 2018 3:16 PM

[quote]The 'Kirk Douglas is a rapist' stories predate the internet. I can remember hearing them years ago

My mother mentioned the rumor to me when Natalie Wood died, though I think she said there was no proof who it was, just that it had happened. It had been mentioned in books and I think Natalie herself said in an interview that she'd been attacked when younger. (Didn't Robert Wagner also mention it on Donahue a few years after Natalie died?)

It was only later that people pieced together who it must have been, either Lancaster or Douglas. And then Lana said she'd reveal who it was when the guy died, and she's never revealed who it is, so everyone has put two and two together.

by Anonymousreply 59January 8, 2018 3:19 PM

R54, as Lana is talking about how an actor said he'd told Natalie he "always wanted to fuck a teenager" just before raping her, the footage cuts to a quick glimpse of The Kirk Douglas Theatre.

by Anonymousreply 60January 8, 2018 3:25 PM

What the Hell happened to his nose? And his face in general? GAAAAAAAAAAH!

by Anonymousreply 61January 8, 2018 3:27 PM

????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 8, 2018 3:57 PM

????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 8, 2018 3:58 PM

What's your point, R62 and R63? There are plenty of pictures of actresses with Harvey Weinstein after he allegedly assaulted or tried to assault them, it's no easy escape in Hollywoodland, especially back then.

by Anonymousreply 64January 8, 2018 4:07 PM

TA r28.

by Anonymousreply 65January 8, 2018 4:08 PM

R64, I am just confused about why she and Robert Wagner would have anything to do with him after that.

by Anonymousreply 66January 8, 2018 4:11 PM

Should everyone hate Douglas because of pure innuendo. In every other case, the victims made the accusations. In this case, Wood said nothing,

Also, would Douglas stop insisting on being carted out. The man is a billion years old. Stop it already.

by Anonymousreply 67January 8, 2018 4:12 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 8, 2018 4:21 PM

I'm too lazy to post the link, but in today's Entertainment Weekly review the writer questions the inclusion of Kirk last night, with a few others.

by Anonymousreply 69January 8, 2018 4:36 PM

Honoring Kirk Douglas at last night's ceremony was truly a bone-headed decision. With all the people involved in the production of a spectacle such is the GG's, it's amazing there wasn't one person who said, "Hey, I think this might not be such a good idea."

by Anonymousreply 70January 8, 2018 4:40 PM

"Should everyone hate Douglas because of pure innuendo"

r67, datalounge runs on "pure innuendo"

by Anonymousreply 71January 8, 2018 4:45 PM

Kirk helped end the Hollywood black list. Ironic that he's alive to witness another witch hunt. We should not be treating unsubstantiated rumors as fact. Kirk could have done some regrettable things but that does not make someone a rapist.

by Anonymousreply 72January 8, 2018 4:47 PM

I'm really surprised that some actress didn't sit quietly in her seat while everyone else applauded. Think of the publicity she could gave gotten, the support she'd get from the metoo crowd - and she wouldn't even have to open her mouth!

Have they all forgotten to pull publicity stunts?

by Anonymousreply 73January 8, 2018 4:51 PM

[quote] We should not be treating unsubstantiated rumors as fact. Kirk could have done some regrettable things but that does not make someone a rapist.

Isn't that what they used to say about Harvey Weinstein?

by Anonymousreply 74January 8, 2018 4:52 PM

So we should also accept as fact that Robert Wagner murdered Natalie Wood because it was on the internet?

by Anonymousreply 75January 8, 2018 4:55 PM

I wouldn't fire someone on the strength of an unsubstantiated rumor, but I'd definitely refrain from applauding.

by Anonymousreply 76January 8, 2018 4:56 PM

What now??? I didn't know about that! It can't be true, in our tabloid culture it would have leaked long ago.Who is Natalie Wood again ?

by Anonymousreply 77January 8, 2018 5:07 PM

it's also a bit odd seeing CZJ in a see-through showgirl dress as she wheels the rapist out....

by Anonymousreply 78January 8, 2018 5:10 PM

How come no-one EVER tell me ANYTHING ??? I am an acting goddess but I am not above everything! It is not because my genius protects me against the evil that besieges the little sluts that I don't have great empathy for the less talented. Besides I am too old a girl to be harassed now. No?

by Anonymousreply 79January 8, 2018 5:26 PM

Was Meryl filmed on her feet, applauding the old coot?

by Anonymousreply 80January 8, 2018 5:33 PM

[quote]R52 Where was Michael Douglas?

Probably off at sex rehab again. Like father, like son...

by Anonymousreply 81January 8, 2018 5:34 PM

It wasn't rape rape though.

by Anonymousreply 82January 8, 2018 5:44 PM

Was she raped really ? Could it be more like she was " hit on"...perhaps...?

by Anonymousreply 83January 8, 2018 5:49 PM

That moment was as cringe-worthy as Mary Pickford at the Oscars, or Kim Novak looking like the Elephant Man. Thank God some people like Doris Day know when to quit.

by Anonymousreply 84January 8, 2018 5:49 PM

What on earth is Catherine zeta jones wearing in that pic ?

by Anonymousreply 85January 8, 2018 5:55 PM

It's scary that rumors are now seen as facts. Yes it's very well possible Kirk Douglas raped Natalie Wood but then again since he's never even been publically accused it's all just hearsay. I found Evan Rachel Wood's circle-the-alleged-harassers battle cry extremely weird as well. I'm seriously wondering if I can watch her in Westworld any more. This kind of hyperbolic crap can easily be turned against minorities as well, and when it's done with alleged criminals first it's only a small leap to use it against any unwanted individual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 8, 2018 6:03 PM

I love how these threads always produce some asshole who calls on the women to be fair to men accused of sexual harassment, and not the sexual harrassers to be fair to women!

Those who've been mistreated for a long time don't play fair, just so you know. Mistreat an individual or a group, and they'll come back at you with any kind of dirty pool at their disposal, and they'll still sleep at night because they'll know they're still better people than the assholes who put them in that position! And if that thought scares you, don't mistreat people.

by Anonymousreply 87January 8, 2018 6:16 PM

Rape?

Hate fucking?

No need to say it because they tell us --

Jews are very dirty.

by Anonymousreply 88January 8, 2018 6:21 PM

The odd thing about Kirk Douglas receiving praise is he was a very generic leading man. I know he made a million films, but the only thing that comes to mind is Disney's "20000 Leagues Under the Sea."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89January 8, 2018 6:32 PM

[quote]I am embarrassed to admit that I never heard of Jean Spangler until recently. She disappeared without a trace in 1949, but they found her purse with a partially written note in Griffith Park. There is lots and lots of stuff about her on the internet, very fascinating if you have time to google.

[quote]Lots of theories, the most salacious being that she was three months pregnant with Kirk Douglas's baby and that she died as the result of an illegal abortion. But she also had connections to the mob with talk that she either fled the country with one of them or was killed with a Mobster who also disappeared at the same time, custody issues with her ex-husband over their young daughter, and an abusive former boyfriend who vowed to kill her if she ever broke up with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 8, 2018 6:42 PM

[quote][bold]The Mysterious Disappearance of Jean Spangler[/bold]

[quote]Investigators converged on the scene and what they found sparked one of the biggest manhunts in LAPD history. The purse’s double handles had been ripped off at one end, intimating the possibility of violence but it was the note inside the purse, written in Jean’s hand, that intrigued the detectives even more. It read: "Kirk – Can’t wait any longer. Going to see Dr. Scott. It will work out best this way while mother is away…"

[quote]The unsigned note ended with a comma, indicating that Jean had not had time to finish her thoughts

[…]

[quote]Robert Cummings, star of Pretty Girl, the last film Jean had been working on, threw some light on who the "someone" might have been when he told police two weeks before her disappearance he had been sitting on his dressing room steps at Columbia Studios when the pretty starlet had walked by whistling. "You sound happy," Cummings remembered telling her.

[quote]"I am," Jean replied. "I have a new romance."

[quote]"Is it serious?"

[quote]"Not really," Jean told the popular star. "But I’m having the time of my life."

[quote]The only clue the police had to the identity of Jean’s romantic interest was the name "Kirk." Hearing news reports about the case, actor Kirk Douglas phoned investigators from Palm Springs where he was vacationing, and volunteered that Jean may have worked as an extra in his last film, but claimed he barely remembered her. "I didn’t remember the girl until a friend recalled that it was she who worked as an extra in…one of my pictures," Douglas told the Los Angeles Police Department Deputy Chief Thad Brown. "If she’s the one I’m thinking about, IO do recall talking to her that day. But I never saw her before or after that and have never been out with her." (Today, Mr. Douglas offers that "the incident was so long ago, (I) have very little recollection about it," but nonetheless "wishes me success" with this investigation.)

[quote]Jean’s mother wasn’t much more help. "I heard her talk about a ‘Kirk’ she knew around the sets," she said. "But she was at first one studio then another. I simply can’t remember."

[quote]The plot thickened when one of Jean’s girlfriends revealed that Jean had told her she was pregnant, adding a possibly ominous significance to the love affair and Jean’s urgency in seeing the mysterious "Dr. Scott." The reference about things working out better while her mother was way made sense in that context, too, in that Jean’s mother had been visiting relatives in Kentucky during the time Jean disappeared.

[…]

[quote]That did not mean theories about the disappearance of the starlet did not abound: Jean was done in by the mysterious "Kirk" who killed her when she tried to blackmail him.

[…]

[quote]Nearly 50 years later, the still-open case remains one of the mysteries linking the dark side of Hollywood to the night side of the desert.

jean Spangler's name comes up a lot in DL threads about Hollywood mysteries and threads about Kirk Douglas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 8, 2018 6:48 PM

I had no idea.

by Anonymousreply 92January 8, 2018 6:52 PM

Does anyone remember the name Fatty Arbuckle? Everyone knew he raped and killed that woman. Everyone knew. Right?

by Anonymousreply 93January 8, 2018 6:53 PM

Does the Harvard Lampoon still call the Worst Actor Award the Kirk Douglas Award?

by Anonymousreply 94January 8, 2018 6:55 PM

The Douglas family have been accused more than once, they never answer innuendos but the Kurt and Natalie one remains persistent.

by Anonymousreply 95January 8, 2018 7:00 PM

Sigh...Does everyone know about Fatty Arbuckle ?... I am not interested in the answer of me...I am interested in YOU VODing the french lieutenant's woman...Not, under any circumstances August Osage county...nor Mamma mia...or anything I ever did after 1981....thx

by Anonymousreply 96January 8, 2018 7:03 PM

Fatty Arbuckle was railroaded.

by Anonymousreply 97January 8, 2018 7:05 PM

Well, the one good thing about them showcasing KD is that you all can see nothing has really changed in Hollywood. We might have been tempted to believe otherwise, but we can see the truth of what they were and continue to be.

by Anonymousreply 98January 8, 2018 7:35 PM

Abusing Natalie Wood was just " the thing" in hollywood during the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's and Oh, not the 80's because that's when she was murdered. Did Douglas rape her ? Just pure gossip. Its not like there were 3 direct witnesses on a small boat in the middle of the sea, who can't be bothered to answer any questions. 3 F*UCKING ADULT WITNESSES !! Its been over 30 yrs now that no-one is FUCKING OPENING THEIR MOUTHS in order to explain how they lost that tiny lovely woman at sea in the middle of obvious drunken fight , said woman terrified of water & found covered in bruises, and you ask Kirk fucking Douglas wether he raped her or not 20 yrs prior that ? Are u JOKING ???

by Anonymousreply 99January 8, 2018 7:36 PM

Well, R99, thus a thread about Kirk Douglas and his appearance at an awards show centered around the #MeToo movement, it is not a thread about Natalie Wood's death.

by Anonymousreply 100January 8, 2018 7:48 PM

* this

by Anonymousreply 101January 8, 2018 7:49 PM

Haunting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 8, 2018 7:52 PM

I'm 55, people have known about KD and his raping teenage girls forever. Way before the internet. People forget he was a successful producer back then, and that carried a lot of power with the studio heads who were also creeps. He was not personally liked and after his peak you didn't hear about him too much. Until his son became a legend. Michael, who has problems of his own when it comes to women, will end up being the great protector of his dad to save the family name. Last night was not a coincidence. Michael knows his dad will be dead soon and the cover up has begun. And they have to worry about Lana. Remember, this is the Hollywood Foreign Press. They can be bought off and are creepy too. The whole thing shows what BS last night was.

by Anonymousreply 103January 8, 2018 7:52 PM

Big picture please! Natalie Wood's " death" is THE POSTER for the #MeeToo movement. Natalie Wood's MURDER if you don't mind.

by Anonymousreply 104January 8, 2018 7:53 PM

I read the bio mentioned of Natalie that said the rape affected her relationships with men after that and that is why she went for gay (Raymond Burr, I kid you not) and RJ, who was bi. They were less threatening to her. So, if not for KD she might have married someone else and still been alive.

by Anonymousreply 105January 8, 2018 8:01 PM

Natalie Wood was THE MOST SUSPENDED star in the history of the studio era for refusing the b-list crapfest in wich producers wanted to showcase her pretty ass, when she was a 3 times oscar nominee. She was punished by the academy for the same reason- no oscar for the little sluts, forget about Splendor, we'll give it to some fascist hooker who knows producerfuck . She was making roughly 50 000 $ per week LESS than Tony Curtis who was supposed to be supporting HER, she was abused as a child, she was raped as a teenager, she was murdered when she decided she had played trophy wife long enough. MURDERED. and that was not some poor little wannabee with no connections. That was NATALIE WOOD THE LEGENDARY SUPERSTAR. So we have been waiting long enough. Don t tell us its not about her death 1st and foremost. They are all 3 still alive. We' ll deal with alleged rapist AFTER, if posthulously. NATALIE WOOD IS #MeToo

by Anonymousreply 106January 8, 2018 8:26 PM

Did anyone think Douglas looked like Gary Oldmans character in Hannibal?

by Anonymousreply 107January 8, 2018 8:29 PM

Last night he had the perfect opportunity to atone for his actions.

by Anonymousreply 108January 8, 2018 8:31 PM

... So Thank you Hollywood Foreign press. And I m sorry I raped that little Wood whore! (Music-Standing ovation)...

by Anonymousreply 109January 8, 2018 8:51 PM

I think KD was the real whore of Babylon.

by Anonymousreply 110January 8, 2018 9:05 PM

Fuck that POS Kirk. Yes, he's alive but shittlng and drooling on himself for years. I only hope he is raped by a retarded health care worker. With a broom handle.

When they ask about his bloody anus, all he can answer is "I iiii dont reashy gknow". And then he shits himself and asks for some apple sauce.

by Anonymousreply 111January 8, 2018 9:16 PM

Just as a note to the previous poster who lauded KD’s efforts ‘to end the Hollywood blacklist’...

It seemed to be Hollywood folklore now that hugely brave Douglas put his foot down over using blacklisted talent, and in doing so helped put an end to the whole sorry episode. Over the years, in hindsight, KD’s nobility in doing this has grown in stature. Out of memory, it’s even pivotal in that recent biopic, Trumbo.

I was listening to the Hollywood Blacklist episodes of that fantastic podcast - You Must Remember This - not long ago - and upon analysis, the story doesn’t necessarily hold up.

Douglas had a big ego. And he had his eye on the bottom line. He wanted a person to do a job - right person, right price. The person was blacklisted? Pah! I’m Kirk Douglas and I want that person - so tough shit! It felt more like a monumental pissing contest between Douglas and Hollywood/studio elites.

Sure - in doing so it helped put an end to it. But there’s a good argument there that he didn’t act from some high-minded motive as is so often attributed. So unless it’s to be a uncritical hagiography of KD - we might wanna look a little deeper there...

by Anonymousreply 112January 8, 2018 9:42 PM

[quote]R96 Does everyone know about Fatty Arbuckle ?..

I believe either Mary Pickford or Marion Davies hired him to direct some films under a different name, post scandal.

Also, I believe he was overweight.

What else would you like to know?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113January 8, 2018 9:53 PM

[quote]R106 Natalie Wood was punished by the academy for the same reason

Well, perhaps more for the fact that she wasn't a particularly [italic] good actress. [/italic]

She was professional, but slight. Pauline Kael called her a plastic, mechanical toy.

I do like THIS PROPERTY IS CONDEMNED, though. She's a bit livelier in that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114January 8, 2018 9:59 PM

Kirk Douglas is disgusting at any age. His looks nauseate me.

by Anonymousreply 115January 8, 2018 10:11 PM

R93, are you trying to be funny? Fatty Arbuckle was innocent, and when he was acquited, the judge apologized to him for the fact that charges had been brought against him. The case was that flimsy. But by then his career was ruined. By all accounts, he was a very gentle person.

by Anonymousreply 116January 8, 2018 10:34 PM

I think it was CZJ's idea to bring Kirk with her to make herself look younger. C'mon, even Olivia de Havilland would look 33 standing next to that.

by Anonymousreply 117January 8, 2018 10:38 PM

[R106] Natalie Wood was punished by the academy for the same reason Well, perhaps more for the fact that she wasn't a particularly good actress.

Yes! Oscars are for the GOOD actors.

by Anonymousreply 118January 8, 2018 10:41 PM

Natalie Wood was not a particularly good actress...R114 you should see the silent abortion scene in Love with a proper stranger, then splendor in the grass, and think about her age when she did Rebel, the Searchers and West side story, then compare with any other female star of old studio system at the same age...

by Anonymousreply 119January 8, 2018 10:54 PM

Her final scene in WSS always makes me limp.

by Anonymousreply 120January 8, 2018 11:02 PM

R119 I am very familar with Natalie Wood's "acting". She was pretty. By all accounts a nice person.

That does not make her a remarkable actress.

Rather, she was perfect for her era; small, delicate, somewhat flimsy.

by Anonymousreply 121January 8, 2018 11:08 PM

[quote] But, it appears to me that he is and has been in a living hell ever since his massive stroke. I can't imagine a soul who would change places with him.

I hope Kirk lives another 20 yrs

by Anonymousreply 122January 8, 2018 11:12 PM

R121 = Rita Moreno

by Anonymousreply 123January 8, 2018 11:15 PM

I think she won the Harvard Lampoon Award for Worst Actress (which predated the Razzies) THREE TIMES...so, you know, there's that.

The award was even eventually named after her...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124January 8, 2018 11:18 PM

I think she is getting raped on this thread.

Sad.

Lets stick to the topic, shall we?

by Anonymousreply 125January 8, 2018 11:34 PM

I love you r87. No snark, but 100% agree with you.

And yes, r107.

by Anonymousreply 126January 8, 2018 11:40 PM

Her eyes were incredible and she knew how to use them. And she could do comedy as well as drama. I'm not saying she was the greatest but she was compelling and the camera loved her.

by Anonymousreply 127January 8, 2018 11:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128January 8, 2018 11:53 PM

Natalie Wood by William Claxton

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129January 8, 2018 11:55 PM

Did well in "Splendor in the Grass."

by Anonymousreply 130January 8, 2018 11:57 PM

No one's saying Natalie Wood wasn't pretty. That was her whole claim to fame.

But she was never considered a remarkable actress. In fact, quite the opposite.

Don't try to rewrite history.

by Anonymousreply 131January 8, 2018 11:57 PM

She was beautiful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132January 8, 2018 11:57 PM

Her pussy stank.

by Anonymousreply 133January 8, 2018 11:59 PM

#Me too!

#Time's up Kirk!

by Anonymousreply 134January 9, 2018 12:01 AM

Some of you would make terrible jurors basically finding a man guilty beyond any doubt based on very limited evidence. Not even evidence but rumours. A rape allegation which needs a high bar of evidence not a low bar in such serious matters.

by Anonymousreply 135January 9, 2018 12:07 AM

I can't believe Lana hasn't flapped her gums about this yet.

by Anonymousreply 136January 9, 2018 12:10 AM

Poison

by Anonymousreply 137January 9, 2018 12:13 AM

Lana

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138January 9, 2018 12:17 AM

There’s a rather wide gulf between saying he should be convicted of a crime without a fair trial and saying maybe you shouldn’t drag him on stage during a massive, industry-wide sexual abuse scandal and give him a standing ovation. It comes off as a shot across the bow and a huge “fuck you” to the whole #TimesUp movement. “Thanks ladies. Resume your positions”.

by Anonymousreply 139January 9, 2018 12:25 AM

Rumor: pier angeli suffered the same fate as Natalie... anyone else heard this? It could have been what caused her to kill herself.

by Anonymousreply 140January 9, 2018 12:32 AM

R30 From what I have read, allegedly, Robert Wagner liked to watch Natalie with another man--one who was great looking and very endowed. What we call today --a cuckold, seems to have been the role he liked to play. I doubt Natalie walked in on the men alone together. They may have all fallen asleep together, but for some reason Natalie went on deck. She could not swim and was very frightened by water. It's never made sense to me that Wagner would want her dead. Someone else may have.

by Anonymousreply 141January 9, 2018 12:55 AM

PLEASE PUT A BULLET IN MY BRAIN before I get to the age where I look like Kirk Douglas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142January 9, 2018 1:13 AM

Jesus, does Lana have ugly, huge nipples.

by Anonymousreply 143January 9, 2018 1:21 AM

areolas not nipples

by Anonymousreply 144January 9, 2018 1:22 AM

What Really Happened the Night Natalie Wood Died

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145January 9, 2018 2:25 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146January 9, 2018 2:26 AM

Natalie Wood’s Fatal Voyage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147January 9, 2018 2:29 AM

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 148January 9, 2018 3:48 AM

Ok...this is not going well. Kirk Douglas was a CRAP actor and an ugly man, and he abuses me every time he is presented to the public. Enough with that cunt and his family of sick losers. Natalie Wood should never be associated with that disgusting twat. She was great, great screen presence for 40 years, she was almost never given good material but when she was, she was fantastic. At her lowest point was still a golden globe winner..critics didn't like Vivien Leigh either. When I saw "Ryan's daughter" I had to replay the movie to realize why John Mills was in the credits Never happened with Kirk Eww Douglas

by Anonymousreply 149January 9, 2018 7:02 AM

[quote] critics didn't like Vivien Leigh either.

???

by Anonymousreply 150January 9, 2018 7:31 AM

R142, sorry to tell you, but it's too late for that.

by Anonymousreply 151January 9, 2018 7:46 AM

Yes dear, miss Leigh was judged a " not very good actress" a "small talent" " quite competent in her little way" she apparently " lacked the big guns" and was " very well trained but not quite appropriate"...

by Anonymousreply 152January 9, 2018 8:21 AM

Oh and I forgot the best " I remember how beautiful she looked and how far her talent fell short of her beauty".. ( Vivien Leigh, people)

by Anonymousreply 153January 9, 2018 8:24 AM

Natalie was very good in “The Cracker Factory.”

by Anonymousreply 154January 9, 2018 8:34 AM

True R154

by Anonymousreply 155January 9, 2018 8:39 AM

his LATE son Peter was notorious in Manhattan in the NINETIES causing riots in blue collars bars, getting the shit kicked out of him, inviting delvery guys up to his place so they could jerk off together. TRAIN WRECK FROM BEVERLY HILLS

by Anonymousreply 156January 9, 2018 8:41 AM

I'm a dirty girl mama. And so she was...

by Anonymousreply 157January 9, 2018 8:41 AM

R152 Isn't that all from Kenneth Tynan tho...the guy who had such a crush on her husband? Besides which, those were in response to Shakespeare performances, which weren't the bulk of her career.

You could say some critics did not respect her in Shakespearean roles, but it's quite an overstatement to say "critics didn't like Vivien Leigh" (!)

by Anonymousreply 158January 9, 2018 8:44 AM

Please be this thread about the great beautiful talented ever loved Natalie Wood and NOT about Spartacunt..

by Anonymousreply 159January 9, 2018 8:44 AM

R158 no no poster, that was from the all round great guy Elia Kazan, some woman critic judging her performance in GWTW when it first release, and so on, read the archivesc it is Unbelievable!

by Anonymousreply 160January 9, 2018 9:05 AM

No, be this thread about ME because there is hope.I was just reclining in my rarefied aired boudoir, knowing nothing, discussing the merits of La Duse vs Sarah Bernhardt with the lady Kate W., when some servant informed us YES informed us for once, that there is in our age group some exciting new talent named Isabelle Huppé or whatever stupod foreign name, who gets noms for leading performances in SMALL INDIE FOREIGN FILMS. You haven't seen the last of me..ingrates

by Anonymousreply 161January 9, 2018 9:11 AM

Oscars are very overrated and don t always go to particularly good actresses.

by Anonymousreply 162January 9, 2018 10:18 AM

So true ma chérie... Americans are very narrowminded about these things anyway

by Anonymousreply 163January 9, 2018 11:12 AM

[quote]Does anyone remember the name Fatty Arbuckle? Everyone knew he raped and killed that woman. Everyone knew. Right?

Wrong. Plenty of op-eds at the time were written, pointing out that he was being railroaded by certain members of the press. Lots of casual articles would call witness statements and claims into question all the time. Letters were published in entertainment magazines of people saying they wanted to see Arbuckle back in movies.

You might want to stick to topics you actually know something about, buddy.

by Anonymousreply 164January 9, 2018 12:33 PM

Kirk is just one example of that twisted culture -- there was also a guy who went down to a Nazi March. A normal guy beat up one Nazi, but this twisted guy jumped in and protected the Nazi just so he could tell the Nazi that a Jew had protected him -- a case of "hate helping."

by Anonymousreply 165January 9, 2018 2:18 PM

#MeToo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166January 9, 2018 2:24 PM

More like Beurk Douglas. This man has a disgusting personality and it shines through, just like Natalie was a wonderful woman and it shows in everything she does.

by Anonymousreply 167January 9, 2018 3:04 PM

Dear God, please send us Natalie back, we give you Kirk in exchange

by Anonymousreply 168January 9, 2018 3:07 PM

R158, despite appearances Tynan was heterosexual. His crushing (if you could call it that) on Olivier was platonic. Olivier was furious with Tynan for writing those vicious reviews of Vivien’s stage performances but they eventually became friends.

by Anonymousreply 169January 9, 2018 3:12 PM

How nice of Larry...no wonder she had a nervous breakdown

by Anonymousreply 170January 9, 2018 3:23 PM

[R142], sorry to tell you, but it's too late for that.

I guess that's why the other day while at Macy's I got cruised by a number of good looking men and some 19yo blonde, who was coming out of the restroom just as I was walking in, decided to RE-ENTER the restroom and make a point to come stand at the urinal next to mine and try to make eye contact. And I seem to get LOTS of furtive eye contact whenever I go out and even after a decade together my bf is always wanting to fuck me.

So, maybe all those guys are hookers, maybe I'm noticeably deformed OR maybe I'm still pretty damn doable.

by Anonymousreply 171January 9, 2018 3:28 PM

In the Ragman's Son, Kirk wrote that Viv killed herself and slut shamed her pretty bad.

by Anonymousreply 172January 9, 2018 3:47 PM

why oh why won't he just go away?

by Anonymousreply 173January 9, 2018 3:53 PM

Kirk Douglas wrote that Vivien Leigh killed herself? She died from tuberculosis.

by Anonymousreply 174January 9, 2018 3:55 PM

What makes no sense is you, "dude," ... R15, R19, R25

by Anonymousreply 175January 9, 2018 3:59 PM

R6 lol at your hashtag

by Anonymousreply 176January 9, 2018 4:00 PM

In the Ragman son, Kirk wrote that little girl Natalie performed a little russian dance for him....

by Anonymousreply 177January 9, 2018 4:29 PM

r124, and she went to Harvard and accepted it!

by Anonymousreply 178January 9, 2018 5:21 PM

But that was a winnning gesture, see youtube " what's my line" mystery guest Natalie, great sense of humour

by Anonymousreply 179January 9, 2018 5:27 PM

Halle Berry did the same thing Nat did.

by Anonymousreply 180January 9, 2018 5:33 PM

Can the Stories Troll PLEASE post the Kirk Douglas auto????

by Anonymousreply 181January 9, 2018 5:34 PM

(Anna-Maria) Pier angeli didn't commit suicide. She suffered two badly broken legs and pelvis fractured in a plane crash and suffered hideously for years, finally had a massive reaction to painkillers and had a stroke. Her son described the freak allergic reaction and begged the tabloids to cut the James Dean crap. She knew better than to kill herself over him lol, and she was about to start filming the Godfather, knowing it was her big comeback.

by Anonymousreply 182January 9, 2018 5:39 PM

Maybe Natalie killed herself over the pain of Kirk's rejection? It's not like she was a virgin at 16.

by Anonymousreply 183January 9, 2018 5:41 PM

????

by Anonymousreply 184January 9, 2018 5:52 PM

You are disgusting R183

by Anonymousreply 185January 9, 2018 5:53 PM

Natalie meticulously planned her suicide fot 30 years, to punish Issur for rejecting her yes..she quietly tip-toed outside with slippery socks while the boys were busy non-violently arguing about politics, untied the dingy hush-hush, then very quickly threw herself against the boat until she knocked herself unconscious et voila! Happy now Issur ?

by Anonymousreply 186January 9, 2018 5:54 PM

Lana got all of her furs in the will and then resold them which angered The Empty Suit.

by Anonymousreply 187January 9, 2018 5:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188January 9, 2018 5:59 PM

LANA ! THAT unreliable bitch! The woman is CRAZY!

by Anonymousreply 189January 9, 2018 6:03 PM

I'm not big on celebrities because i think most are assholes, but I have a soft spot for Natalie after reading the bio. Everyone, except Rita Moreno, liked her. They said she was never bitchy to other women, never a diva. Tried to put everyone at ease at her peak. She was really traumatized by that rape, but had to stay in the business because she was the sole bread winner for the family. She was a controversial choice for WSS, and when she realized it she took extra lessons and finally won over the whole cast. Except Rita. She didn't deserve the rape or her marriage to RJ. One thing the author noted is that young actors and actresses can come off refined, worldly, and more mature to the outside world but are usually more emotionally immature then their counterparts outside of the industry. She was like that and the rape really affected who her future partners were.

by Anonymousreply 190January 9, 2018 6:04 PM

I have worked with several people who knew Natalie, and they all have the same things to say. Simple,kind,insecure...I asked Alan Bates, who's agent was Gregson, if she was really that small ( I know, stupid question) and here is his answer: " That's not what I remember about her" what Do you remember then said I...pause and faraway gaze..." She was very sweet"...

by Anonymousreply 191January 9, 2018 6:12 PM

Sorry, but Natalie Wood really was a "small" talent. She was beautiful and photogenic and projected both sexiness and likeability, so she was a terrific leading lady, but was always good and never great. She just lacked whatever it is that brings an actor's performance totally to life, that spark, or depth, the ability to let the camera see into her soul, or whatever you want to call it. I don't know where that comes from, so I don't know if she was just born without Marilyn Monroe's ability to connect with the camera, or if there was something she wasn't doing. But it's the difference between a good actor and a great one.

Kirk Douglas was for the most part a terrible actor and a repellent screen presence. He has a ton of screen presence, so you can't ignore him, but he's usually filled with anger and self-righteousness and other qualities I dislike, and he's so unattractive! But occasionally he got it right, he'd use his intrinsic unpleasantness to play a creep like the reporter in "Ace In The Hole" who manipulates the story, and very rarely, he showed a real sense of humor! In some of his later films, and in the rarely seen "The Devil's Disciple" he's actually excellent in a sophisticated comedic role, and blows Sir Lawrence Olivier off the screen. Olivier was on the verge of a breakdown at that point, and regretted botching a terrific role in his autogiography.

by Anonymousreply 192January 9, 2018 6:37 PM

Yeah ! Marilyn was the great actress NOT Natalie!!! (eyeroll)

by Anonymousreply 193January 9, 2018 6:42 PM

No, Monroe wasn't a great actress, even though some people like to claim she was. But she did have a great ability to let the camera see into her, she was one of these actors where you look at into her eyes and see what's going on in her tiny brain.

by Anonymousreply 194January 9, 2018 6:53 PM

R171 is triggered.

by Anonymousreply 195January 9, 2018 6:58 PM

That's quite alright dear R194, I never saw her on screen

by Anonymousreply 196January 9, 2018 7:21 PM

They both had star quality.

by Anonymousreply 197January 9, 2018 9:02 PM

I'd like to whisper to Issur, "only the good die young."

by Anonymousreply 198January 9, 2018 11:12 PM

The guilt is keeping him alive

by Anonymousreply 199January 10, 2018 12:21 AM

Meryl knew and did nothing about it. Again she stands for a rapist. She disgusts me.

by Anonymousreply 200January 10, 2018 12:25 AM

she was 152cm

by Anonymousreply 201January 10, 2018 12:37 AM

R180. What do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 202January 10, 2018 7:00 AM

R190. Why didn't Rita Moreno like Natalie?

by Anonymousreply 203January 10, 2018 7:02 AM

R202, I ignored 180, so s/he probably isn't worth listening to.

by Anonymousreply 204January 10, 2018 7:02 AM

[quote]R201 she was 152cm

Her clit?

by Anonymousreply 205January 10, 2018 7:10 AM

She's been reincarnated as Natalie Portman.

by Anonymousreply 206January 10, 2018 7:19 AM

Rita didn't like Natalie coz she s fugly and nat was gorge, that's why, plain and simple

by Anonymousreply 207January 10, 2018 9:04 AM

Did her pussy stink? Especially after that time in the water?

by Anonymousreply 208January 10, 2018 9:42 AM

R202 in February 2005, the Razzies awarded Halle Berry with Worst Actress for the dreadful CATWOMAN. Unlike previous recipients, she actually showed up to the event and accepted it -- something Natalie Wood had done nearly 40 years earlier, when the Harvard Lampoon named her Worst Actress in the late '60s.

by Anonymousreply 209January 10, 2018 10:34 PM

Here's a video of Natalie accepting in person her Worst Actress award (skip to 2:52)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210January 10, 2018 10:39 PM

Thanks for sharing, R210.

by Anonymousreply 211January 10, 2018 10:44 PM

R156 I believe Peter Douglas (his son with Anne Buydens) is still alive and in his sixties. Rather, it was his younger brother Eric (Kirk's overall youngest and second child with Buydens) who died in his forties in the early 2000s. It was ruled an accidental drug overdose.

by Anonymousreply 212January 10, 2018 10:45 PM

OMG...she was SO beautiful...she may have been Hollywood 's most beautiful star...R210 thanks, that's priceless

by Anonymousreply 213January 10, 2018 10:54 PM

R162/R163 you French bitches realize that the Academy is, first and foremost, an American institution, established to promote and award American films? How often do the Césars nominate Americans? Not as often as the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 214January 10, 2018 10:54 PM

Q: Why doesn't Natalie Wood like showers?

A: She prefers to wash up on the beach.

by Anonymousreply 215January 10, 2018 11:05 PM

How ironic that the Harvard Lampoon worst actor raped the Lampoon worst actress. Apparently Harvard is smart after all.

by Anonymousreply 216January 11, 2018 12:52 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217January 11, 2018 12:53 AM

I agree with R162 just look at some of recent winners JLaw, Emma Stone and Brie Larson

by Anonymousreply 218January 11, 2018 1:04 AM

Natalie was always a darling girl. For the first time, I think I have finally heard th real story. The coronor's report and investigation seem to be the best explanation possible. No foul play, it was an accident with many contributing factors. She was definitely gone too soon.

by Anonymousreply 219January 11, 2018 2:34 AM

R219 Well, if she'd lived, most here would be making fun of her age and inevitable facelifts, so...

by Anonymousreply 220January 11, 2018 4:20 AM

Why is Miss Moreno so mean about her?

by Anonymousreply 221January 11, 2018 4:56 AM

!! Moreno Finally said something nice-ish about Natalie Wood at the WSS 50 yrs anniversary reunion. It almost killed her but she did. She took a deep breath, her jaw hardened and she smiled the way my mother smiled when she cut herself while opening a thuna tin can, then she SAID: " I wish Natalie were still with us, it would be the 4 of us celebrating" and then she had that very strange expression on her face, I think she threw up in her mouth a bit, but the PR were very happy.

by Anonymousreply 222January 11, 2018 8:01 AM

Like Rita Moreno could sing or dance. She's such an asshole. Natalie couldn't sing or dance or act or speak that well. She earned her way to wherever she got. She was good in scenes of hysteria but you can't always tell if that's intended. Nice eyes and a shaky voice and body. Brick dollhouse. She was very very pretty. Very very pretty is more rare than beautiful. She must have been nice.

by Anonymousreply 223January 11, 2018 8:43 AM

Miss Moreno didn't think that Natalie Wood was big enough a STAR to headline a movie starring Rita Moreno..quote: "I thought we wouldn't sell a ticket... there was nobody...Well...Natalie Wood... But she wasn't a STAR...She wasn't a LUMINARY..she'd done" splendour in the grass" but it hadn't been released yet...so we had nobody" its a recorded interview, you can actually watch it on line...( miracle on the 34th st/the ghost and Mrs Muir/Rebel without a cause/the searchers...just a bunch of shitty films NOBODY, NOBODY ever saw)

by Anonymousreply 224January 11, 2018 9:15 AM

I thought Rita was very pretty:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225January 11, 2018 9:24 AM

Well, R225, she herself didn't think so, as explained at length in same interview, and her obsession over her own " ugliness" is obviously the reason behind 50 years of NatalieWood-bashing. I personnaly have gurl friends who foam at the mouth at the very mention of Natalie Wood, and don't mind other beautiful stars at all !?!

by Anonymousreply 226January 11, 2018 9:38 AM

I don't feel pretty

by Anonymousreply 227January 11, 2018 9:44 AM

R215 the punchline is 'she prefers to wash ashore'

by Anonymousreply 228January 11, 2018 9:44 AM

OK she threw some shade at Natalie but she's right about not selling a ticket.

It opened as a high priced roadshow film which was only done for the most prestigious films and properties. While WSS was a successful show it was not a hit for which people would line up to play high ticket prices for a movie as in half of what you would pay to see a Broadway musical. As in today imagine paying $95 to see a movie.

Even Sondheim says radio stations started giving major airtime to the songs when the movie came out(probably paid off big time by the Mirisch Brothers) which got people used to for its time very sophisticated score. The film went onto be a huge critical and popular success which seems to have surprised a number of people involved. It played at the Rivoli movie house on Broadway exclusively for a year and a half. Rita is on record as saying when Chakiris and she were told how the film was going to be marketed they thought it was going to be a flop. Nobody was going to pay that kind of money to see it.

And I love Natalie in it. So incredibly pretty yet so warm and in love. And she plays with such conviction Laurents finale hokey scene with such heart breaking conviction and despair that bitter wizened queen really lucked out. A great star who could play drama and comedy wonderfully well and then at times really could surprise you with such depth. And I'd hardly take Kael's word for anything. She simply loathed WSS as a work completely-the score, the dancing... not just the movie itself.

by Anonymousreply 229January 11, 2018 9:55 AM

I should add that the wonderful dancer Bob Banas(look at his terrific Nitty Gritty on youtube) who played one of the Jets thought the film was nothing special when he first saw it and then was surprised by its success.

by Anonymousreply 230January 11, 2018 10:05 AM

R230 thank you

by Anonymousreply 231January 11, 2018 10:12 AM

Sad,

by Anonymousreply 232January 11, 2018 11:02 PM

Lana

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233January 11, 2018 11:10 PM

R233 did Lana birth 8 children? Those sure are some matronly-looking udders. Weird because her sister was so slim and nubile

by Anonymousreply 234January 12, 2018 3:41 AM

Lana looks nothing like Natalie. There were 3 sisters. Olga looked rather heafty as well. There was a story about Natalie 's real dad being mama's true love hence the alcoholic mr. Gurdin randomely threatening her with a loaded gun

by Anonymousreply 235January 12, 2018 12:17 PM

I think Lana was the one who was not a biological Gurdin per the TV movie which she herself authorized,

by Anonymousreply 236January 12, 2018 9:10 PM

R234, I went to high school with a girl who didn't wear bras but did wear white shirts, and her big floppy boobs hung down further than Lana's. Some women are just born with the genes for "matronly" boobs.

Some straight men seem to like that sort of thing, my high school friend was very popular with the guys.

by Anonymousreply 237January 12, 2018 9:45 PM

Lana Wood

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238January 12, 2018 9:47 PM

Natalie and Lana Wood

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239January 12, 2018 9:48 PM

Why did Lana take up Natalie's stage surname? Why didn't she do like Emilio Estevez?

by Anonymousreply 240January 12, 2018 9:57 PM

Fatty Arbuckle was indeed totally railroaded in the press but when the case went to trial, the jury acquitted him. Nonetheless, his career was ruined. As mentioned above, he did have some success later as a director of B movie comedies, but under a pseudonym: "Will B. Good." Seriously.

Speaking of WSS, wasn't the soundtrack album the best-selling album in the country for over a year?

by Anonymousreply 241January 12, 2018 10:16 PM

WSS was also the highest-grossing film of 1961. SPLENDOR IN THE GRASS was #10. Natalie really had a banner year. I'm surprised she didn't win Best Actress for the latter because of that, especially against a foreigner.

by Anonymousreply 242January 13, 2018 12:16 AM

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 243January 13, 2018 12:40 AM

I didn't watch the GG's and only heard about Douglas being honored today. WTF. We're currently living in a world where rumors and anonymous accusations are enough to call celebrities out and damage careers. The Wood rape rumor has been circulating for decades and there does seem to be some truth there. So Hollywood chose to honor the possible rapist of a young girl the same night women are making bold statements about harassment, male power over women and equality? Only in Hollywood folks.

by Anonymousreply 244January 13, 2018 12:55 AM

Was Fatty Arbuckle railroaded by the press, or by the Hollywood studios? Because that did happen back in the day, ever read "A Cast of Killers" , about the 1922 murder of director William Desmond Taylor? According to the research done for the book, the studio planted evidence to involve ingénue Mary Miles Mintner and comedian Mabel Normand, because they were losing the studio money and a scandal was a way to invalidate their expensive contracts. Was anything like that going on with Arbuckle?

Because I suspect that's what's going on in some of today's cases, particularly the ones where someone loses their job the minute an accusation hits the media. Certainly it's not going on with old Kirk, if anyone is out to get him it's for past misdeeds, not current finance.

by Anonymousreply 245January 13, 2018 1:13 AM

Natalie lost that year because she was on a strike after SITG. Hollywood considered her washed up child/teen idol, didn't give her good scripts, didn't capitalize on her nom for rebel. Kazan insisted on casting her, had her on a bargain deal, practically for free, then the WSS team lost Elvis and asked to see W.Beatty dailies, they wanted A.Hepburn for Maria but when they saw the dailies they went gaga for Natalie and DIDN T RECOGNIZE HER ! They had to ask Kazan who the girl was. She was a last minut casting and then Warner put her back on misery shelf. That's when she went on strike, longest suspension in history. Plus she was pulling a Taylor with Beatty. Hence mrs Maf herself, Sophia the Whore winning for the first time in a foreign language

by Anonymousreply 246January 13, 2018 9:13 AM

Natalie ENJOYED it. Don't you know women?

by Anonymousreply 247January 13, 2018 9:36 AM

What's your favorite Natalie Wood movie?

by Anonymousreply 248January 17, 2018 2:08 AM

Tab and Natalie were in "The Girl He Left Behind." They didn't like it and called it "The Girl with the Left Behind." There are some shots of a smiling Tab where he looks like her brother.

I love the flawed "Inside Daisy Clover." Great Previn score.

by Anonymousreply 249January 17, 2018 3:03 AM

Splendour, the seachers, this property is C. But I love her in bob and carol, perfecr stranger, ghost and mrs muir. I love her. As in i am in love with the woman, always have been

by Anonymousreply 250January 17, 2018 6:53 AM

Gypsy

by Anonymousreply 251January 17, 2018 3:43 PM

I hated the '62 film version of GYPSY. Actually, the 1993 TV remake, as well. But at least the latter stuck with the original script. I hated the changes made for the GYPSY film. For example, what was the point of the Tulsa character, if he was not going to crush Louie's dreams and run off with June? In the film, some off-screen character Jerry elopes with June, instead.

by Anonymousreply 252January 20, 2018 2:11 AM

R252, I think the point of the Tulsa character was that he had a nice ass in those tight pants, IIRC.

by Anonymousreply 253January 20, 2018 2:15 AM

R253 Touché! haha

by Anonymousreply 254January 20, 2018 2:22 AM

I think it's possible that Michael Douglas paid women to make false sexual assault claims against him (I believe Michael Douglas is gay) in attempt to heterosexualize himself and distract attention from the real story the story of his father raping Natalie Wood

by Anonymousreply 255January 20, 2018 2:31 AM

I don't think Michael Douglas is cool enough to be gay. He's just too....emotionally blobby.

by Anonymousreply 256January 20, 2018 2:32 AM

Natalie's younger sister Lana said that once the alleged rapist dies, she will name him. How many people are still living that could have raped the 16 year old Natalie back in 1954, 55 ? That's over 60 years ago !

One theory was that Kirk picked her (Natalie) because she resembled Pier Angeli who he'd allegedly had an affair with but who had broken it off which angered him. The rapist allegedly told Natalie that he's 'always wanted to fuck a teenager' and that he knew 'she was a little teenaged slut, begging for cock' and all kinds of sick devaluing bullshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257January 20, 2018 2:36 AM

R257, well, Norman Lloyd is still around...

by Anonymousreply 258January 20, 2018 2:40 AM

[bold] Q [/bold] : What would Nalaie Wood be doing if she were alive today?

[bold] A [/bold] : Clawing at the lid of her coffin.

by Anonymousreply 259January 20, 2018 2:41 AM

Natalie would turn 80 this July. You tell me ?

[Natalie in disguise as an 80 yr old woman for a bank robbing scene from PENELOPE (1966). Natalie had said at the time that it sort of freaked her out to see what she would probably look like at 80.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260January 20, 2018 2:46 AM

Below is a picture of Kirk with Pier who some considered to have been the one great love of his life.

You can see her resemblance to Natalie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261January 20, 2018 2:48 AM

And Pier dated James Dean, who was in RWAC with Natalie. And Kirk's age is just about the combined ages of the other three when each died.

by Anonymousreply 262January 20, 2018 2:56 AM

Natalie Wood(en) was a very pretty girl. And that's it.

Sarah Bernhardt she wasn't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263January 20, 2018 3:49 AM

With the #MeToo movement at the forefront of today's media explosion and cultural movement for accountability, the Douglas camp new the shit about Kirk/Natalie would eventually hit the media as well. Hence their decision to rollout an ailing Kirk to run interference at the most viewed media event, with lovely, complicit Cathy at his side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264January 20, 2018 4:02 AM

[QUOTE]Natalie Wood(en) was a very pretty girl. And that's it.

I wouldn't be so dismissive about the late Natalie Wood. In Hollywood, being is pretty is plenty enough. IMO, she was adorable as a little girl and as an adult was quite good at comedy. Her mistake I think was in trying to stretch herself into great drama; same problem for Monroe. Though I think that she (NW) was good in SPLENDOR IN THE GRASS and LOVE WITH THE PROPER STRANGER.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265January 20, 2018 4:41 AM

[R261] Gosh Kirk was a sexy hunk in his prime. I'm crushing on him. 😍

I'm not persuaded by these allegations though. Lana has had plenty of opportunities to name him. Saying she will do so once the perpetrator has died seems like a cop out to me

by Anonymousreply 266January 20, 2018 4:49 AM

A DLer that went to a book discussion on the Wood biography said that he spoke to the author (Finstad) after the event and she confirmed that it was Douglas. The Finstad book is probably the most well researched and detailed book on Woods life an she interviewed friends and colleagues going back to when she was 5 or 6.

Wagner, both of woods sisters, and friends she had during the time of the rape know the name as well. Also Mart Crowley and Delphine Mann were woods closest friends in adulthood so I imagine the know as well. Joan collins was not a close fiend of hers. I don’t know if her two daughters would ever reveal it, Courtney (her daughter with Wagner) has battled drug addiction much of her adult life and has had a hard time getting her life together. She gave an interview some time back about watch fashion police and Joan Rivers making a joke about her mother and how much it hurt like it just happened.

Wood was inconsistent as an actress but I wouldn’t have quibbled if she had won the supporting actress Oscar for rebel without a cause, she was wonderful in that.

The god awful TV movie about her life touched on the rape and a few of her friends during that time we’re interviewed about it. There was a crazy woman that claimed Natalie was her half sister but Lana said the woman’s mother was a friend on their mother from the days when they lived in San Francisco with other Russian immigrants and she became obsessed with Natalie and started claiming she was a “wood” family despite the fact that their name was Gurdin and Natalie had her fathers dark gfeatures. Natalie’s real half sister is named Olga and wood was closer to her then Lana.

Lana did some really shitty things to Natalie including selling her wedding photos of her second marriage to Wagner to a tabloid and charging clothes to Natalies in store accounts at numerous high end clothing shops in Beverly Hills without her permission. In one instance Natalie went to a shop to buy clothes and was told she couldn’t charge anything there anymore.

by Anonymousreply 267January 20, 2018 4:51 AM

Natalie's performance in "This Property is Condemned" (1966) was spectacular; she was only 27 years of age during its filming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268January 20, 2018 4:55 AM

As many here know, Natalie had a fear of water and in many of her films had scenes taking place in water. In an early film, "The Green Promise," she almost drowned. Spooky.

by Anonymousreply 269January 20, 2018 5:01 AM

[R267] What makes you say Joan Collins and Natalie Wood weren't close friends or good friends?

I think she Warren Beatty, Natalie and Robert Wagner all hung around with each other and there's plenty of pics to prove it.

Joan is definitely good friends with Robert Wagner as she was at an intimate party with him and his wife and daughters several years ago on oscars night and she speaks fondly of him.

by Anonymousreply 270January 20, 2018 5:05 AM

Yes, R269. While fliming "Splendor in the Grass" with director Elia Kazan, Elia had this knowledge, of Woods' near drowning. Because he had this knowledge, he'd forced the filming of the scene of Natalie in the quarry (water scene) at night because he knew how terrified she would naturally react. Bastard.

by Anonymousreply 271January 20, 2018 5:06 AM

Lol r270 wood “hung around “ with Joan Collins because she was Beatty’s girlfriend when they were shooting splendor in the grass together. I doubt her acquaintance with Collins hung out much after Collins found out her and Beatty were fucking behind her back.

R266 a number of woods friends from that era are still living and still haven’t said who it was but that it did occur.

by Anonymousreply 272January 20, 2018 5:49 AM

[quote] R271. Because Kazan had this knowledge, he'd forced the filming of the scene of Natalie in the quarry (water scene) at night because he knew how terrified she would naturally react. Bastard.

Yup. That's basically what you have to do with performers who can't deliver on their own. Deal with them instead of the character.

by Anonymousreply 273January 20, 2018 5:53 AM

[R272] I'm sure I recall Joan Collins saying she was friends with Natalie from her early days in Hollywood and was friends with her after all of the Warren Beatty business. Something about feeling bad because when she saw Natalie say less than a year before her death (could be longer genuinely not sure) they rowed at a party on a beach or something about drink or drugs or acting drunk or something? Maybe It was Joan trying cocaine and offering some to Natalie? I'm genuinely not sure but they rowed the last time they met and didn't fully sort it out but it was years after the Warren Beatty affair.

by Anonymousreply 274January 20, 2018 7:03 AM

[quote]R274 I'm sure I recall Joan Collins saying she was friends with Natalie from her early days in Hollywood and was friends with her after all of the Warren Beatty business.

"Friends" in Hollywood usually means convivial coworkers. The two might have gone to the same parties and hung out once in a while, but I doubt there were many midnight phone calls going back and forth in times of stress.

by Anonymousreply 275January 20, 2018 7:08 AM

No, he didn't rape Natalie Wood, it was Ethel Merman who was abused that night by Douglas. She was lured to his condo with the promise of a singing role in his latest project and Kirk just had to have her. Later, after she married Ernie, she confessed the rape on their wedding night and the marriage came to an end.

by Anonymousreply 276January 20, 2018 7:59 AM

Big star, or VIP, might be a very different notion for Hollywood insiders and the general public. I was in the business for a while. High level. Met many oscar winners. Sick disgusting industry based solely on sex trade. And drugs. A big star for an insider could be someone you barely heard of, because they exaggerate their own importance. I personnaly doubt that K.Douglas raped Natalie Wood. He even mentionned her in his autobio. As a child, and how cute she was. You don't do that unless you are a character from the silence of the lambs. He is Gross, but he is not a psychopath. Lana Wood was a minor celebrity, and a bit of a (sad) joke. A big star for her could be a near unknown for us. Or someone you don't know is also a producer. BTW I started working in the business as an assistant in an award winning theatre company in Europe in the early 90', not exactly hollywood inner cercle, and I knew about Spacey and Weinstein. So I let you figure out what my opinion of Streep, Fonda et all is

by Anonymousreply 277January 20, 2018 8:24 AM

No, R 276, it was ERNIE who was raped by Kirk.

by Anonymousreply 278January 20, 2018 8:48 AM

R278: Ernie put out for roles, it was well known in the biz that Borgnine would trade sexual favours for parts. When he turned up for that meeting with Douglas it was expected he'd give it up for the butt sex.

by Anonymousreply 279January 20, 2018 7:49 PM

I would give Borgnine a part for NOT having to fuck him

by Anonymousreply 280January 20, 2018 8:12 PM

[quote]she became obsessed with Natalie and started claiming she was a “wood” family despite the fact that their name was Gurdin

Wasn't the family's original surname Zakharenko?

by Anonymousreply 281January 20, 2018 8:30 PM

Kirk starred in Town Without Pity, 1960, as an army prosecutor in West Germany who looks into a case of rape. The victim is Christine Kaufman, before her marriage to Tony Curtis, who was in Spartacus with Kirk.

Kirk did portray a rapist (of delicate Jill Haworth) in In Harm's Way.

by Anonymousreply 282January 20, 2018 11:37 PM

R272

Doubt all you want, Collins & Wood were good friends. They were at each others' homes plenty & vacationed together several times. Say what you want; you're wrong.

by Anonymousreply 283January 21, 2018 4:03 AM

I've got a feeling Lana Wood might be telling the truth on this one. I don't like her and I also believe she's a pathetic has-been, however, something traumatic definitely happened to Natalie Wood. If it was Douglas maybe he expected her to sleep with him that night; after all she turned up alone, late at night, without a chaperone. She'd also previously had an affair with an older Director at the urging of her mother so she was known to have slept with people who could help her career.

by Anonymousreply 284January 21, 2018 6:03 AM

Actually, when Natalie Wood fucked Nicholas Ray, she was sneaking around so her mother wouldn't find out.

by Anonymousreply 285January 21, 2018 6:22 AM

I just remembered another Douglas film in which a rape figures. A Western called "Last Train From Gun Hill." It begins with the rape and murder of the wife of the sheriff character played by Douglas. The rest is about his revenge. It's very good and was made in the 50s. The rapist is DL Fave Earl Holliman, still with us.

by Anonymousreply 286January 21, 2018 7:18 AM

[quote]R285 Actually, when Natalie Wood fucked Nicholas Ray, she was sneaking around so her mother wouldn't find out.

She was shtupping him to get the part in REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE?

by Anonymousreply 287January 21, 2018 7:32 AM

R283 go chew on Joan Collins ratty old wig you deranged old cunt. She wasn’t woods friend, she was the girlfriend of the costar she fucking. Collins was 5 years older than wood and they never ran in the same social circles.

R281, yes that’s correct, Natalie’s father nick changed their name. The woman who was claiming she was Natalie’s half sister is named Natasha loftt and she was claiming that her and Natalie had the same father. That old queen Gavin lambert actually interviewed her and she told this story to R.J. Courtney and Natasha at a luncheon they arranged. Lambert included the story in his extremely one sided book on Wood that was sanctioned by Wagner. Lofft left a glowing review of the book on amazon and was slapped down by Lana’s daughter (who is now deceased).

Wagner hates Lana but I think he hated their mother Maria even more. Natalie bought a condo for her parents to use and stipulated in her will that they could use it for the duration of their lifetime. Nick (Natalie and Lana’s father) died in 1980 and in the early 90s R.J. kicked Maria out and moved his daughter Katie in to the condo. It doesn’t discussed much but Katie was fucking dweezil zappa when he was 16 and she was 22-23 and became his legal guardian.

R.J. has had to financially support his 3 daughters well into adulthood (Natasha isn’t his but both consider each other father/daughter)

by Anonymousreply 288January 21, 2018 8:16 AM

Not that it matters but Collins is very well liked by her peers. Surprisingly so even. She is very friendly with, of all people Vanessa Redgrave for instance. I saw an interview of the two where they are mind boggingly affectionate towards each other. Its on youtube. I completely believe she was good friends with Natalie Wood, and even some with Taylor, who was good friends with one of her husbands, or companions. There is an anecdote about Taylor going out of her way to be nice to Collins

by Anonymousreply 289January 21, 2018 8:37 AM

Joan Collins gets a bad rap because everyone immediately connects her with that Dynasty cunt. She was very, very close with her sister and a devoted mother. She worked hard in some pretty shitty movies and enjoyed the Dynasty fame immensely. Also, she's a good actress.

by Anonymousreply 290January 21, 2018 10:50 PM

R290 Also, she's a good actress.

Well, I think we have to draw the line, there. All actors are limited to a certain range...but she's REALLY limited. She's professional and grew to be acceptable, but come on. She has no depth at all to speak of, and no great ability with humor, either. She's arch, and sharp, but that's the whole schmear. Don't waste your time digging for much else.

She's certainly a pro makeup artist, tho!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291January 21, 2018 11:08 PM

BREAKING: Robert Wagner officially named as a "person of interest" in Natalie Woods’ death

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292February 2, 2018 2:04 AM

Isn't RJ named a "person of interest" every three or four years?

by Anonymousreply 293February 2, 2018 2:21 AM

I did a play with Kirk’s poor doomed son Eric. Eric got drunk a lot. One night after the show he told me and another castmate that Kirk would personally take 13 year old to particularly sleazy whorehouses to have sex with some women as old as fifty to “show him the variety of women.” And that sort of explains Michael’s sex addiction. And Kirk entered Eric into a “clinic” to “cure” him of homosexuality. It didn’t take. Poor Eric.

by Anonymousreply 294February 2, 2018 4:19 AM

Oops, in post above I meant to write “Kirk would take 13 year old Michael to particularly sleazy whorehouses...” We asked Eric where these whorehouses were and Eric said “Not in LA, baby. Outside of LA. Sometimes outside Las Vegas. And a few times in Mexico.”

by Anonymousreply 295February 2, 2018 4:22 AM

Bleeech....

by Anonymousreply 296February 2, 2018 4:23 AM

Oh [R294] I didn't know that Kirk Douglas had a gay son?

by Anonymousreply 297February 2, 2018 4:25 AM

Michael is gay

by Anonymousreply 298February 2, 2018 4:54 AM

Eric got in trouble for harrassing male flight crew. He ended up committing suicide.

by Anonymousreply 299February 2, 2018 5:20 PM

did pier angeli dump Kirk for James dean? She always said that Dean was her true love.

by Anonymousreply 300February 2, 2018 5:38 PM

She knew Dean liked dick, though.

by Anonymousreply 301February 2, 2018 7:35 PM

Tiny bits of rotten flesh likely got on his flaccid century old cock if he raped her recently.

by Anonymousreply 302February 2, 2018 7:53 PM

Kirk was a known lech in HW with a preference for very young starlets. People forget he was also a producer.

Rita was pissed Natalie got the lead. She wanted it. When Natalie started the pic she realized the singers and dancers were miffed they hired a star instead of a singer and dancer although that was the norm (Mary Martin, Julie Andrews, Shirley MacLaine playing Chinese). Natalie took extra lessons and worked hard and soon won everyone over .Except Rita. She just couldn't get over it. I can't imagine Rita in the role. Natalie was so perfect, so unaffected, and untouched by the gang shit. In Finstad's biography Rita is about the only person who didn't like her.

by Anonymousreply 303February 2, 2018 8:25 PM

Rita is a terminal cunt.

by Anonymousreply 304February 2, 2018 8:33 PM

Rita is Rita and not Chita.

by Anonymousreply 305February 2, 2018 11:04 PM

When Rita got to recreate her stage role of Googie Gomez in The Ritz she commented 'This is one part Natalie Wood isn't going to get!' So, apparently the bitterness continued. Bitch, everyone knows Anita is THE ROLE in WSS and she won a fucking Oscar while Natalie wasn't even nominated. Natalie and Beymer didn't get along at all but made up a few years later when they met at a party and both acknowledged that, while they were both professional on the set, they should have made an effort to connect off the set as well. Tamblyn, Chakiris and Tony Mordente all loved Natalie.

by Anonymousreply 306February 3, 2018 12:49 AM

R306

Natalie & Dick Beymer had known one another for 15 years when they made WSS. She just didn't feel any chemistry with him and wanted her lover Warren Beatty to have the role. Considering Beatty's smoldering looks in his youth he likely would have been a better pick. His masculinity and sex appeal would have added considerably to both the role as well as to bring in more female patrons to see the film. Beymer was serviceable yet bland, impotent.

by Anonymousreply 307February 3, 2018 2:58 AM

That’s why I think it’s perfectly OK for Spielberg to direct a remake with a script by Tony Kushner. Maybe in his version Tony and Maria will actually be exciting and believable unlike Beymer and Wood.

by Anonymousreply 308February 3, 2018 5:06 AM

I liked Natalie in WEST SIDE STORY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309February 3, 2018 5:08 AM

I'm dull, I'm dull

My world is sort of null

Warm milk and ball less bulls ............

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310February 3, 2018 5:14 AM

She was a whore, just like her snatch-showing sister Lana Aureole.

by Anonymousreply 311February 3, 2018 5:19 AM

R289-291 is the oddest troll the “Natalie wood was good friends with Joan Collins”troll. No she wasn’t a close friend of woods nor even a friend.

by Anonymousreply 312February 3, 2018 6:08 AM

Nobody said they were close friends. They were friendly

by Anonymousreply 313February 3, 2018 7:33 AM

R311 = Rita Moreno

by Anonymousreply 314February 3, 2018 7:37 AM

Going after Kirk wouldn't be without precedence. They went after all those old demented Nazi prison camp guards 50 years after the Holocaust.

by Anonymousreply 315February 3, 2018 10:54 AM

I wonder if Lana and her minions will make the announcement/accusation within 24 hours or the death. He’s Jewish so will be buried quickly, right?

by Anonymousreply 316February 3, 2018 6:01 PM

R298 No wigger he's straight. Or the straights can have him.......

by Anonymousreply 317February 4, 2018 2:59 AM

R5 Kirk is a rapist and a murderer? A very suspicious end to that woman's life. Kirk acted very strangely in that case. Why did he call to say he wans't the Kirk in her note. she was also an extra in Kirk's latest film at the time. If this is true, what a wicked man that Kirk Douglas is.

by Anonymousreply 318February 4, 2018 3:02 AM

Stories abound as to what an asshole Kirk is. Another one is how badly he treated his youngest son, Eric. When Eric told his parents that he was gay, Kirk tried to have him committed to a psychiatric hospital in the hopes of a cure. Eric eventually committed suicide although they all tried to say it was an accidental overdose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319February 6, 2018 4:38 AM

[quote]Bitch, everyone knows Anita is THE ROLE in WSS and she won a fucking Oscar while Natalie wasn't even nominated.

Not that I think Natalie was award-worthy in WSS, but she was nominated that year for Best Actress for SPLENDOR IN THE GRASS, instead. SPLENDOR was her Oscar vehicle and was released a week before WSS. (Oscar rules stipulate that no one can be nominated more than once in the same category.)

[quote]Natalie was so perfect, so unaffected, and untouched by the gang shit

I too like Natalie in WSS. She gets too much crap because she didn't look Puerto Rican. WTF does that even mean? I'm Central American, and when I first watched the film as a teen, I didn't realize anything was amiss in her casting. Believe it or not, there are Puerto Ricans who are lighter than Natalie. My sister-in-law, for example. She and her family are often mistaken for being 'white Americans.'

Also, I thought that Natalie's pronunciation of certain Spanish words was pretty good. For instance, when she says José in the scene where Shrank pays her a visit. Most Americans, especially back then, would've said it like 'ho-zey.' But she said it perfectly as 'ho-SEH,' with the strong H and the emphasis on the second syllable. Rather minor, but I was impressed, nonetheless, because I've known Americans who speak fluent Spanish but with a terrible gringo accent.

by Anonymousreply 320February 8, 2018 5:39 PM

For whatever reason(s), Anita had a real bug up her ass about Natalie's performance in WSS.

by Anonymousreply 321February 8, 2018 5:52 PM

Because the girl wasn’t a latina. Makes perfect sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 322February 8, 2018 7:56 PM

R322 what is a Latina?

by Anonymousreply 323February 8, 2018 8:09 PM

Eric Douglas, Kirk's youngest son, was notorious in NYC during the nineties. Out of control to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 324February 8, 2018 9:52 PM

Look at Kirk's sons and there sure as hell can't be any doubt about their paternity.

by Anonymousreply 325February 9, 2018 3:07 AM

[quote]R322 Because the girl wasn’t a latina. Makes perfect sense to me.

I know. She was practically playing it in blackface.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326February 9, 2018 3:12 AM

When I was a kid and saw WSS, I thought she really was Hispanic. I had Hispanic girlfriends, they were very pretty and so were their mothers, I made an assumption about Natalie but I did not know her name.

by Anonymousreply 327February 9, 2018 3:22 AM

[QUOTE]Because the girl wasn’t a latina. Makes perfect sense to me.

So what ? Neither was George Chakiris nor Gus Trikonis who played one of the Sharks and whose sister Gina played the red headed girlfriend of Riff.

by Anonymousreply 328February 9, 2018 4:36 AM

Incidentally, Gus Trikonis was Goldie Hawn's first husband.

by Anonymousreply 329February 9, 2018 2:57 PM

Bitches, can you believe that CHRISTOPHER FUCKING WALKEN will be presenting tomorrow night ????????? I mean. They do in on purpose, right ?

by Anonymousreply 330March 3, 2018 8:06 AM

R330

Can you believe that GET OUT is in the running for 'Best Picture' ?

by Anonymousreply 331March 4, 2018 3:21 AM

R331, maybe you should GET OUT. You're an alt-right internet minion.

by Anonymousreply 332March 4, 2018 3:37 AM

R332

You sound deranged but of course you know that, don't you ?

by Anonymousreply 333March 4, 2018 4:31 AM

cracker ass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334March 4, 2018 4:39 AM

Time to resurrect this

by Anonymousreply 335February 5, 2020 11:05 PM

Is Lana Wood talking to any news outlets right now?

by Anonymousreply 336February 5, 2020 11:23 PM

So it's okay to resurrect this story, right? But is Kobe still off limits? I'm so confused!

by Anonymousreply 337February 5, 2020 11:29 PM

What I find amazing is that he continued to get Botox and fillers even over 100. That’s dedication!

by Anonymousreply 338February 5, 2020 11:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!