Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Michael Wolff new book tearing up the news

all the tv talkiin bout is wolff's new book showing how trump and his cronies were shocked to win, what a mess it all was, and is, lots of insiders dissin trump bad. good stuff. excerpted in NY magazine.

by Anonymousreply 600January 9, 2018 11:31 AM

watching the brilliant lawrence o'donnell go off on it now, wow

the snakes he hired turning against him BAD

by Anonymousreply 1January 4, 2018 2:35 AM

R2= Butthurt Deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 3January 4, 2018 3:00 AM

The quotes are comical and outlandish!! Love this telenovela.

by Anonymousreply 4January 4, 2018 3:07 AM

Will be the best selling book of 2018. Trump’s trapped.

by Anonymousreply 5January 4, 2018 3:09 AM

trumps ass is grass

the creeps he hired are all spillin their guts now

let the fun begin!!!

the old man must be reachin for the xanax.

by Anonymousreply 6January 4, 2018 3:19 AM

I pre-ordered the kindle copy on amazon. It’s drops next Tuesday.

Can’t wait to read it

by Anonymousreply 7January 4, 2018 3:22 AM

In bed with cheeseburgers at 6.30pm.

by Anonymousreply 8January 4, 2018 3:26 AM

What is OP’s point?

by Anonymousreply 9January 4, 2018 3:33 AM

Trump is the major creep...yes, he also hired creeps who I hope will be arrested but TRUMP is the major creep. As they say, Trump is a man with only bad traits. He is the most flawed man on earth and racist Americans voted for him.

by Anonymousreply 10January 4, 2018 3:55 AM

You dont mess with Bannon . he one bad cowboy. this will open the floodgates for more tell all books to tear the trumps new assholes..

by Anonymousreply 11January 4, 2018 4:12 AM

He supposedly told Hope Hicks who was dating (the married) Corey Lewandowski "You're the best piece of tail he'll ever have." He also called Sally Yates a cunt.

I was just about to read another article where he brags about bedding the wives' of friends while making them listen to him having sex on speakerphone(?) or something weird, but the article has disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 12January 4, 2018 4:22 AM

I saw that too. [R12] I think it is in the original article.

by Anonymousreply 13January 4, 2018 4:29 AM

Beyond his ingnorance and destructive nature is the snowballing damage to the TRUMP brand. Martha Stewart’s empire never recovered from a measly insider trading conviction.

All of this is on a completely different level. Maybe Martha should give Trump the poncho instructions for the chic coverall she made in the slammer.

by Anonymousreply 14January 4, 2018 4:37 AM

I heard about this in the news, they said Melania was crying, not tears of joy, she was sad.

They sleep in different rooms and that Trump has his bedroom locked, despite secret service objections. He didn't want the cleaning people touching his stuff, germs etc.

by Anonymousreply 15January 4, 2018 4:40 AM

Wolff writes in 'Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House that Trump told staff not to touch anything - especially not his toothbrush - as he's notoriously afraid of being poisoned.

He would even strip his own bed and let housekeeping know when he wanted his sheets washed, Wolff says in a set of unsourced claims.

An excerpt of Wolff's book ran on Wednesday in New York Magazine as other tidbits began to leak elsewhere in news publications that obtained advance copies.

Wolff writes that Trump was often the source of the embarrassing information that was later printed about him, complaining day and night on the phone to people he should not have trusted.

'He was a river of grievances, which recipients of his calls promptly spread to the ever-attentive media,' Wolff's excerpt says.

In one call, on Feb. 6, Trump complained about New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman - 'a nut job- columnist Gail Collins - 'a moron' - and CNN chief Jeff Zucker, who he said was 'made by Trump.'

by Anonymousreply 16January 4, 2018 4:48 AM

You should see a doctor about that spastic tic, R2.

I mean goddamn. Bannon describing Hope Hicks as the real daughter, and Ivanka as the real wife? That's freaking cold.

by Anonymousreply 17January 4, 2018 4:55 AM

Wolff had a lot to say about the head of Trump’s National Economic Council and quoted from an email “purporting to represent the views of Gary Cohn” that circulated in the White House in April.

“It’s worse than you can imagine. An idiot surrounded by clowns. Trump won't read anything — not one-page memos, not the brief policy papers; nothing. He gets up halfway through meetings with world leaders because he is bored. And his staff is no better. Kushner is an entitled baby who knows nothing. Bannon is an arrogant p---k who thinks he’s smarter than he is. Trump is less a person than a collection of terrible traits ... I am in a constant state of terror and shock,” the email said, according to “Fire and Fury.”

by Anonymousreply 18January 4, 2018 4:56 AM

he eats fast food out of fear of being poisoned!

by Anonymousreply 19January 4, 2018 4:58 AM

^ And they can't strip the bed and remove his bed sheets because he's probably incontinent; pees or shits the bed at night. Or both.

by Anonymousreply 20January 4, 2018 6:27 AM

Since they sleep in separate bedrooms and he only sleeps 4 hrs a night maybe he jacks off half the night and doesn't want the housekeepers or anyone to see the cum stained saturated sheets.

by Anonymousreply 21January 4, 2018 6:33 AM

Here’s a link. It is astonishing. As bad as you thought it was, it’s even worse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 4, 2018 6:34 AM

[quote]watching the brilliant lawrence o'donnell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 4, 2018 6:40 AM

Wow, what a great read. Definitely getting the book.

by Anonymousreply 24January 4, 2018 8:06 AM

[quote] Pn the other side, Shattered is a good book on the disaster that was the Clinton campaign, and Hillary's lack of leadership skills.

Oh for Christ's sake. Anyone (on either side) that still brings up Hillary Clinton is a loser. She's not even in this equation. She's not even in the galaxy of this situation.

by Anonymousreply 25January 4, 2018 8:18 AM

Any scoop on Page & Miller?

by Anonymousreply 26January 4, 2018 8:30 AM

The book and Bannon's allegations have made our 6 PM news here in Australia. Frankly, for some time we have all be wondering how much worse Trump & Co can get and it just keeps spiralling down and down and down. Each day or week there's some new low.

I would be horrified if I was an American.

by Anonymousreply 27January 4, 2018 8:38 AM

What will enrage Trump is: not only has his grotesque unfitness has been explicitly laid bare, but that Wolff will make a huge fortune from the book.

First rough draft of history about this insane inaugural year: a global bestseller, before even the paperback is published. Has any 'President' ever been so humiliated so soon?

With this and Mueller's machine humming along steadily, bets might be made as to the status quo come December. As always though, the fear has to be what the dangerous clown will do to contrive 'authority.'

by Anonymousreply 28January 4, 2018 8:53 AM

MSNBC was like a pig frolicking in mud last night with this news. I thought the book’s revelations (especially Bannon’s break with Trump) might actually be covered on Fox last night. But when I checked in, they were covering the fading of the #metoo movement and going on about a Hillary campaign manager who sexually harrased someone.

by Anonymousreply 29January 4, 2018 8:57 AM

Here's the Lawrence O'Donnell clip about the Wolff book. It's wonderful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 4, 2018 9:11 AM

Lol "Trump is less a person than a collection of terrible traits"

by Anonymousreply 31January 4, 2018 9:16 AM

He should have called the book, "Waking up with fleas"

by Anonymousreply 32January 4, 2018 11:20 AM

[quote]It’s drops next Tuesday.

Don't do that. You aren't a teenage girl talking about a new line of Kardashian lip gloss.

by Anonymousreply 33January 4, 2018 11:26 AM

R31 that's the killer line, immortal

by Anonymousreply 34January 4, 2018 11:27 AM

[quote]He also called Sally Yates a cunt.

I bet he was just telling it like it is.

by Anonymousreply 35January 4, 2018 11:43 AM

#1 trending story on Murdoch's NY Post site is about Carrie Underwood's plastic surgery. This is the REALLY important story, people.

by Anonymousreply 36January 4, 2018 12:05 PM

Trump 'incapable of functioning,' failed to recognise old friends

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 4, 2018 12:06 PM

R37 De-li-cious!

by Anonymousreply 38January 4, 2018 12:08 PM

Illness then could be his least-bad get-out - "If I can't serve The American People to the best of my ability it's time to step aside, having laid the strongest foundations, for a man who can give of his very best for this most demanding of positions." Etcetera etcetera.

Close call as to whether that'd be 'better' for him than what'll ensue after Mueller reports. For all his 'billions', I doubt there's a man alive who would want to be in Trumpy's built-up little shoes at this point.

by Anonymousreply 39January 4, 2018 12:17 PM

I love the bit where Jared and Ivanka agree that she will run for President, and she will be the first female President, and then Bannon laughs his ass off when he hears this decision.

by Anonymousreply 40January 4, 2018 1:04 PM

Reminds me a bit of the “Hollywood Babylon” books. Deliciously gossipy with fun turns of phrase, uncovering truths, but also a little hyperbolic and speculative.

All in all, MUST READ.

by Anonymousreply 41January 4, 2018 1:06 PM

So, impeachment would take too long. They're going straight to the 25th amendment.

by Anonymousreply 42January 4, 2018 1:46 PM

F&F r35

by Anonymousreply 43January 4, 2018 1:58 PM

Funny how this was released after Christmas when it would have been the most popular gift of the season. I have to wonder if the publisher was asked to hold off by Mueller's team. If that's the case I expect something big between now and Tuesday, if not very shortly after.

by Anonymousreply 44January 4, 2018 2:03 PM

I think what will destroy Trump the most is his daughter making fun of his lack of hair and going into detail about how he piles up the wisps around his bald dome and twirls it around in an elaborate comb over and plasters it down with hair products. TeeHee!

by Anonymousreply 45January 4, 2018 2:04 PM

r15 he isn't a germaphobic, that's just an excuse. he's worried someone might set something up to kill him. he doesn't trust anybody, no matter how friendly he seems towards them. He also knows he hasn't exactly been kind to those that are supposed to protect him. I'm sure his fear of being poisoned comes from his connections to Russia

by Anonymousreply 46January 4, 2018 2:12 PM

He wouldn't be the first dementia sufferer to blame his diminishing capacity on poison or drugs in his food. Apparently my grandmother did as well.

by Anonymousreply 47January 4, 2018 2:23 PM

Why does Wolff get all this access if he is always so negative about his subjects? I know the answer but do most people get it?

by Anonymousreply 48January 4, 2018 2:27 PM

R45, it's so weird how he has such an elaborate hairstyle yet he has never bothered with plastic surgery. He seems so vain yet his face is falling by the minute with no relief in sight.

R46, I recall reading an article about Trump many years ago where he spoke of his germ phobia and said if someone came up to him in a restaurant and shook his hand he could not finish his meal. I was quite surprised to see him shaking hands during the campaign but I suppose he tried to gain some control over his phobias in order to run a successful campaign.

by Anonymousreply 49January 4, 2018 2:33 PM

R21 Like he can still cum.

I doubt his dick is working at all.

Heck, he's probably wearing an astronaut diaper 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 50January 4, 2018 2:34 PM

I had no idea he had the scalp reduction surgery done on him. The following paragraphs are horrific.

[quote]Donald Trump, the President of the United States, has long denied that he wore a toupee. Alas, he is telling the truth. In a 1990 divorce deposition, under oath, Ivana Trump swore that in a fit of rage, Donald raped her because of the pain he was suffering resulting from his scalp reduction surgery in 1989.

[quote]According to Ivana’s sworn statements, her plastic surgeon, Dr. Steven Hoefflin, who had performed Donald’s waist and chin liposuction procedures, also performed his scalp reduction surgery. Hurt wrote in the Lost Tycoon that the recovery was painful and Donald suffered “nagging headaches caused by the shrinking of the scalp, and the pain of the initial incision.”

[quote]In pain, and not satisfy with the immediate coloration associated with the process, on an irate phone call, Donald told the Dr. Hoefflin, “I’m going to kill you!” He then threatened to sue the doctor, not pay for the procedure and work to destroy his practice. (Vintage Donald Trump)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 4, 2018 2:40 PM

That's probably why his face is so taut still, because they pulled everything up when they sliced off the part of the scalp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 4, 2018 2:42 PM

Makes me think of the ending of this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 4, 2018 2:49 PM

New tidbits from today's Hollywood Reporter (much more at link):

Everybody was painfully aware of the increasing pace of [Trump's] repetitions. It used to be inside of 30 minutes he'd repeat, word-for-word and expression-for-expression, the same three stories — now it was within 10 minutes. Indeed, many of his tweets were the product of his repetitions — he just couldn't stop saying something.

Hope Hicks' primary function was to tend to the Trump ego, to reassure him, to protect him, to buffer him, to soothe him. It was Hicks who, attentive to his lapses and repetitions, urged him to forgo an interview that was set to open the 60 Minutes fall season. Instead, the interview went to Fox News' Sean Hannity who, White House insiders happily explained, was willing to supply the questions beforehand. Indeed, the plan was to have all interviewers going forward provide the questions.

At Mar-a-Lago, just before the new year, a heavily made-up Trump failed to recognize a succession of old friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 4, 2018 2:53 PM

I'm guessing rightwing news outlets are ignoring this and still shrieking about Hillary and emails?

by Anonymousreply 55January 4, 2018 3:08 PM

[quote]I'm guessing rightwing news outlets are ignoring this and still shrieking about Hillary and emails?

Fox News is focusing on the weather.

by Anonymousreply 56January 4, 2018 3:24 PM

Last night Tucker Carlson was focused on the plight of white people in America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 4, 2018 3:26 PM

The DM just did a smear piece on the author in order to calm the idiots over there who are complaining about non-stop negative Trump coverage. You should read the comments - sighs of relief saying Wolff made it all up. Good for you DM, you gave them their false sense of security blanket to get them through another MAGA!1!1!! day.

by Anonymousreply 58January 4, 2018 3:28 PM

Unfortunately the only people who will read this book already know he’s batshit crazy. His base don’t read books. In other words, it’s just juicy gossip for us to enjoy. Meanwhile Rome continues to burn.

by Anonymousreply 59January 4, 2018 3:32 PM

[quote]sighs of relief saying Wolff made it all up.

Ah, that's OK then, he can be sued and it'll all go away. The great administration can proceed with reputation unsullied.

by Anonymousreply 60January 4, 2018 3:34 PM

It's interesting to know why Rupert Murdoch called Trump a "fucking idiot." Interesting because it involved DL icon and gay vampire, Peter Thiel.

Thiel set up a meeting at the White House of Silicon Valley execs and Trump so that the execs could talk about their business problems. Sometime after the meeting Trump talked to Rupert Murdoch about it.

[quote] Mr Trump is said to have told Mr Murdoch: "'These guys really need my help. Obama was not very favorable to them, too much regulation. This is really an opportunity for me to help them.'

[quote] 'Donald,' said Murdoch, 'for eight years these guys had Obama in their pocket. They practically ran the administration. They don't need your help.' 'Take this H-1B visa issue. They really need these H-1B visas.' Murdoch suggested that taking a liberal approach to H-1B visas, which open America's doors to select immigrants, might be hard to square with his promises to build a wall and close the borders.

[quote] But Trump seemed unconcerned, assuring Murdoch, 'We'll figure it out.'

[quote] 'What a fucking idiot,' said Murdoch, shrugging, as he got off the phone."

by Anonymousreply 61January 4, 2018 3:39 PM

Luckily, he has it all on tape.

by Anonymousreply 62January 4, 2018 3:39 PM

Did not read the DM R58, but my friend who work as journos have all noted that Michael Wolff is as unlikely a character as any to have written this book.

He's a wild card, a former investor who got burned by a tech startup and then turned on the tech industry in his columns. He's also done a takedown of Rupert Murdoch.

He's very outrageous in both his looks and his writing, which is why he seems to be in demand.

But more curious still is that he was regarded by the more liberal elements of the media as a freak and loud-mouthed nutjob.

Jacob Weisberg of Slate did a pretty harsh take-down of Wolff's last book in the NY Review of Books in 2015.

NONE OF WHICH IS TO BE TAKEN TO MEAN I AM NOT THRILLED THAT THE DONALD AND BANNON ARE BEING EXPOSED AND TAKEN DOWN

Just that Wolff is perhaps the strangest messenger for that you can hope for and for us to be aware that the Daily Mails of the world will be making much of his very controversial background.

by Anonymousreply 63January 4, 2018 3:40 PM

I would be paranoid too. Think about this. everyone hated him, the dems, the repugs, etc. Of course he is suspicious of people trying to poison him and harm him, such things do happen. he probably has a lot of enemies.

by Anonymousreply 64January 4, 2018 3:41 PM

No No No. It is all about Hillary's Emails.

by Anonymousreply 65January 4, 2018 3:42 PM

[quote]His base don’t read books.

They do if it's Clinton's Cash. That, of course, is the unvarnished truth, while this is just a hit piece against our Savior!

by Anonymousreply 66January 4, 2018 3:45 PM

Another thing to watch out for: I've already seen a revival of the theory that the 2016 election was just a variation on "The Producers" -- that Trump was put forward by his friends the Clintons who assured him that running would be hugely helpful to his business and his profile, thinking that there was no way she could possibly lose to someone as ridiculous as Trump.

And like Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder, Bill and Hillary were shocked when "Springtime for Twitler" became a hit.

Establishment Rethugs like this theory as it neatly explains the 2016 election and removes any and all blame from them.

by Anonymousreply 67January 4, 2018 3:47 PM

That's interesting, R63. I'll have to research his background if I can find a somewhat objective article on the man.

I have a question for those with insight into the publishing world: Would a publishing company move forward with a book of this nature about a current POTUS (who is notorious for suing the hell out of anyone who says anything remotely negative about him) if they did not safeguard themselves with verifiable proof of the accusations contained within the book?

Breaking!!! The idiot Trump has now issued a Cease and Desist order to the author and publisher trying to ban the book from being sold!

by Anonymousreply 68January 4, 2018 3:51 PM

Delighted to read Murdoch cited as acknowledging that Trump is "a fucking idiot." It needs to join the list of contemptuous dismissals by heavy-hitters during this past year.

As against that, no heavy-hitter anywhere I think has ever been caught forwarding respectful praise for 'POTUS.' No-one.

by Anonymousreply 69January 4, 2018 3:54 PM

Can't Mr. Mueller hurry up little bit? Rome is burning and our Nero keeps fiddling with his burgers. We can't take another year of this, but--wait--Pence! We are fucked.

by Anonymousreply 70January 4, 2018 4:09 PM

Found the link to the NYRB piece R68.

Weisberg is quite liberal and Slate has been very anti-Trump. Yet the review unfavorably compares Wolff 's book with that of a self-published industry analyst (who actually seems to have real credentials.)

TL;DR version (it's a long long article) -- Yet again Wolff has no idea what he's talking about and is basing everything on feels versus the other guy, also named Wolf, who is the real deal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71January 4, 2018 4:09 PM

Quote from the Weisberg piece that once again highlights Trump's bad judgement. Why would ANYONE let this guy write a book about them?

[quote] As a media writer, Wolff specializes in sizing people up and cutting them down. An hour spent with Alan Rusbridger, the former editor of The Guardian, he writes in British GQ, is “unpleasant in the exertions required to penetrate his lack of transparency.” The secret of Tina Brown’s career is “failing upward.” Even among “semi-retarded” newspaper business reporters, the late David Carr was “quite a nitwit.” Contempt expressed so promiscuously has a tendency to lose potency. But if Wolff the columnist is consistently mean, he is seldom dull, often writing what others inside the New York media bubble think about each other but would only say in private.

by Anonymousreply 72January 4, 2018 4:18 PM

Well he is right about Tina Brown

by Anonymousreply 73January 4, 2018 4:23 PM

This is from The Daily Beast, for some reason I couldn't link to the story:

President Trump’s lawyers have sent a cease-and-desist letter to journalist Michael Wolff and book publisher Henry Holt, demanding that they halt the Jan. 9 publication of Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, which has already made waves following the release of two excerpts in major publications. Trump is also asking for an apology for defamatory statements made in the excerpts. “We are investigating numerous false and/or baseless statements that you have made about Mr. Trump,” Trump’s lawyer, Charles Harder, reportedly wrote to Wolff. The apparently lengthy letter accuses Wolff of “actual malice” and declares that Trump’s team is looking into several legal avenues, including possible defamation of Trump and his family and invasion of privacy. Sections of the book reveal former top strategist Steve Bannon criticizing Trump campaign officials and family members, and it has prompted a political firestorm—and personal attacks by Trump himself aimed at Bannon. Trump has also sent a cease-and-desist to Bannon through his legal team.

by Anonymousreply 74January 4, 2018 4:26 PM

So it was okay to publish a book critical of Clinton but Trump is off limits????? They don't even try to hide the hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 75January 4, 2018 4:28 PM

Duh R75, that was discussed in Trump 101 many semesters ago.

by Anonymousreply 76January 4, 2018 4:30 PM

Trump never actually sues. If he does take action against Wolff and Holt, Trump as well as family and staff would be deposed--which could result in even more stuff coming out.

by Anonymousreply 77January 4, 2018 4:31 PM

Trump's a simpleton who knew Wolff had written for The Enquirer so he thought Wolff would be safe roaming around the West Wing. It really is this simple in terms of Wolff's WH access.

by Anonymousreply 78January 4, 2018 4:39 PM

...but, but, but...Benghazi!!!........

by Anonymousreply 79January 4, 2018 4:48 PM

It will be very hard for Trump's lawyer to prove that Wolff's wrote the book with malice. Without proof of that, any defamation suit will fail quickly.

by Anonymousreply 80January 4, 2018 4:52 PM

Why isn't Wolff writing about Hillary? This is unfair!

by Anonymousreply 81January 4, 2018 4:53 PM

Why read the book when all the good parts have already leaked out and been widely dissected and analyzed?

by Anonymousreply 82January 4, 2018 5:49 PM

Wolff and Bannon my hero!!

by Anonymousreply 83January 4, 2018 5:49 PM

The cease-and-desist letter made me guffaw, and thus I nearly spit out my morning coffee. It won't do a damn thing except make the book even more popular. Who the fuck is the Orange Asshole hiring as his attorneys? These people are complete morons.

by Anonymousreply 84January 4, 2018 5:53 PM

Murdock may think DJT is an idiot, but his Fox News and other outlets are promoting and spinning in behalf of Trump to undermine the Mueller investigation. And Murdoch must really, really despise Hillary, given the way Fox still attacks her over a year after she lost the election. Murdoch has done as much as Vlad Putty in undermining U.S. democracy.

by Anonymousreply 85January 4, 2018 5:59 PM

The Trumptards on ABC news are in full meltdown mode and Boris and Ivan are in full troll "MAGA" mode. It's hilarious. They are kind of tame here today.

by Anonymousreply 86January 4, 2018 6:07 PM

[quote] Murdock may think DJT is an idiot, but his Fox News and other outlets are promoting and spinning in behalf of Trump to undermine the Mueller investigation.

So if even the Republicans think he's incompetent or an idiot, why do the protect/defend him? I think it's like that old joke:

[quote] "My uncle thinks he's a chicken."

[quote] "So why don't you have him committed?"

[quote] "Cause we need the eggs."

It's so obvious that Republicans need the eggs. Trump's an idiot, but his office is the most powerful one in the world. They ideally need him to shut the fuck up and sign things they want into law. McConnell has said as much.

Trump is the classic definition of a useful idiot. The Republicans are controlling everything and changing our country by using the power of his office to change regulations and the judiciary and the tax laws. They need his eggs until he becomes too much of a liability even for them.

by Anonymousreply 87January 4, 2018 6:17 PM

R87, I'd say that liability is here now.

by Anonymousreply 88January 4, 2018 6:23 PM

[quote]Who the fuck is the Orange Asshole hiring as his attorneys?

Wolff reported that at least nine law firms have declined to represent Trump in matters concerning the FBI investigation. He's not getting the cream of the profession. I haven't seen an explanation but I imagine it has to do with the difficulty such a prevaricating client will present for any defense team. Normally, more billable hours are a good thing, but not with someone like Trump who has been known to stiff his lawyers. It would be a lose/lose situation take on the case.

by Anonymousreply 89January 4, 2018 6:37 PM

According to the book, Trump and Melania fought all through the inauguration.

Remember when he scolded her on live TV?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 4, 2018 6:40 PM

Interesting thread.

by Anonymousreply 91January 4, 2018 6:49 PM

I wonder why he has that lock on his door. Is he frightened that someone will come into the room unannounced and see the state of his hair with that combover of his askew. I also wouldn't be surprised if his underpants and sheets are full of skids and shit stains and he doesn't want anyone finding out. He's a a disgusting fat fuck who lives on fast food.

by Anonymousreply 92January 4, 2018 7:11 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 4, 2018 7:15 PM

Stephen Miller wrote that weird shit. It seems like he is the only one of the more senior staff who is still left besides the family and the generals.

by Anonymousreply 94January 4, 2018 7:20 PM

Now they're banning all personal devices from the WH. Have you ever witnessed such a spectacle as this administration? Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 95January 4, 2018 7:29 PM

Trump can't get top-tier legal representation because he is notorious for stiffing all his vendors, including his attorneys. *Notorious*. And his legal bills, which have always been high, are about to become astronomical.

by Anonymousreply 96January 4, 2018 7:32 PM

Talked to my friend who is a journalist. Just doing a cut and paste from her text:

Wolff is one of those Ted Cruz types who delights in having people despise him, the more you seem to dislike him, the happier he is. That makes him the perfect person to write the book about Trump because the more names Trump calls him and the more Trump tweets about how horrible a person he is, the better, as far as Wolff is concerned.

by Anonymousreply 97January 4, 2018 7:36 PM

And not only does Trump not pay his bills but his attorneys inevitably find themselves in highly unethical legal positions. Attorneys do unethical things every day but doing them with Trump puts them in the highest glare spotlight. That they do not like.

It just isn't worth it in any way, shape or form.

by Anonymousreply 98January 4, 2018 7:44 PM

R96, so when they say 9 declined I wonder how many others he burned his bridges with.

by Anonymousreply 99January 4, 2018 7:51 PM

Also he refuses to adhere to his lawyers advice (usually just to shut up) Who wants that kind of pain in the ass?

by Anonymousreply 100January 4, 2018 7:51 PM

Maybe I'm misremembering but I think Michael Wolff had/has a long ongoing feud with Nick Denton, resulting in Wolff often being in Gawker's cross hairs.

by Anonymousreply 101January 4, 2018 7:55 PM

HA! Breaking News! Wolf's publisher just gave a big FUCK YOU to Trump and his lawyers, they're moving up the publishing date to tomorrow instead of next week.

by Anonymousreply 102January 4, 2018 7:56 PM

R102: HA- Yay!!!

by Anonymousreply 103January 4, 2018 8:02 PM

Amazon still has the release date for 01/09. Where'd you read that, R102?

by Anonymousreply 104January 4, 2018 8:03 PM

R104: Here you go!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105January 4, 2018 8:09 PM

Just announced on MSNBC

by Anonymousreply 106January 4, 2018 8:09 PM

So we could potentially have the Kindle version at midnight tonight. What a time to be in bed with the flu!

by Anonymousreply 107January 4, 2018 8:12 PM

Ordered it just to help it’s sales figures.

by Anonymousreply 108January 4, 2018 8:19 PM

LOL! I just can't believe MSNBC. They're genuinely talking about the feasibility of removing Trump by either impeachment or the 25th Amendment.

by Anonymousreply 109January 4, 2018 8:21 PM

At this rate, Trump may be stuck with a public defender.

by Anonymousreply 110January 4, 2018 8:21 PM

Thank you, R105!

The only thing that sucks is Amazon usually delivers a pre-order on the release date, now they'll be delivering days after the release and me no likey Kindle. Oh, well.

by Anonymousreply 111January 4, 2018 8:21 PM

What I found so funny about the inauguration r90 was that right after the luncheon he had with (the FBI?) he and Melania clearly weren't speaking but both were eating McDonald's in the limo! It was obvious on TV.

by Anonymousreply 112January 4, 2018 8:36 PM

I've done exhaustive testing of President Trump's mental state and capacity, and he's passed with flying colors.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113January 4, 2018 8:41 PM

One more thing: if you want the Kindle version the second it comes out, don't order it in advance. If you order at 12:01 you'll get it immediately, but there is sometimes a delay (up to a few hours) delivering preorders, and syncing won't help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114January 4, 2018 8:42 PM

so everyone to him is an idoit, a nitwit etc? everyone is stupid except him?

by Anonymousreply 115January 4, 2018 8:42 PM

r112, I believe the post-inauguration luncheon is hosted by Congress in the Capitol Rotunda. He probably thought Nancy was going to poison him, thus the Mickey D's in the limo. You can't make this shit up.

by Anonymousreply 116January 4, 2018 8:44 PM

Not sure if this was already posted upthread (I've been trying to pay attention), but here's an article written by Michael Wolff himself in today's Hollywood Reporter...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117January 4, 2018 8:49 PM

I wonder how Trump is taking the news that his beloved Ivanka likes to mock and make fun of him with her girlfriends.

by Anonymousreply 118January 4, 2018 8:49 PM

L..O..L!...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119January 4, 2018 8:52 PM

Lol at this Twitter comment: "Take it to the next level: Audiobook narrated by Hillary Clinton"

by Anonymousreply 120January 4, 2018 8:55 PM

Janice Min is tweeting about the Bannon-Ailes dinner party...

[quote]So I was one of the 6 guests at the Bannon-Ailes dinner party in January 2017 and every word I've seen from the book about it is absolutely accurate. It was an astonishing night...

[quote]At dinner, Ailes and Bannon discussed managing Rudy Guiliani's disappointment about Sec of State. Ailes said: 'Just let him be photographed one or two times walking out of Air Force One. He'll be fine then.' It was crazy like that all night. I sat btwn them

[quote]Bannon was pragmatic, said the administration should be 'thrown out' if they couldn't deliver on the 3 core things voters cared about (I'm paraphrasing): 1. Having a good job, 2. Having a decent home, 3. Knowing their kids are safe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121January 4, 2018 8:59 PM

I'd pay big money for that version, r120. It would probably take HRC days in the recording studio, though. She'd be cackling with glee far too often. Producer: "Okay .. Chapter 1 .. take ten."

by Anonymousreply 122January 4, 2018 9:01 PM

R122 they could put out a blooper reel with her laughing at each outrageous thing.

by Anonymousreply 123January 4, 2018 9:15 PM

I know R111! I am about to cancel my Amazon preorder and get my ass to the Tribeca B&N by 10am tomorrow (or the other way around in case it is sold out at B&N).

by Anonymousreply 124January 4, 2018 9:16 PM

A poster upthread mentioned that dementia patients often imagine they’re being poisoned. Then combine that with Trump’s knowledge of Putin’s history of poisoning people. Paranoia plus actual risk = ?

My mom had dementia and her geriatric psychiatrist said paranoia was very common in Alzheimer’s patients. One thing I observed with my mom is that she didn’t trust family or anyone she had regular contac with, but she would trust total strangers, like the drug addict next door that went to the store for her a couple times and then took some cash she had lying around. That skeevy-looking woman was great, but her family trying to help her were all bad. So watch out for that.

People are always talking about dementia making people forget, but the big change is lack of judgment. People make decisions based on thousands of bits and bytes of information, but with the dementia patient a lot of that is missing. So they trust the wrong people, act recklessly, and come up with crazy irrational judgments about people. Their reasoning ability is just gone, not just their memory.

by Anonymousreply 125January 4, 2018 9:16 PM

Apologies, just noticed the article I linked was already presented at r54. Ugh, keeping up with the daily Cheetolini shitshow is rather dizzying.

by Anonymousreply 126January 4, 2018 9:24 PM

R111: Amazon finally updated the release date to tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 4, 2018 9:27 PM

[quote]Trump complained about New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman - 'a nut job- columnist

Ironic considering she's practically a shill for him, defending him on Twitter nearly every day.

by Anonymousreply 128January 4, 2018 9:27 PM

R127, I just refreshed my Amazon page and it still lists the release date as 01/09. I may have to join R124 at B&N tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 129January 4, 2018 9:31 PM

Drakaris!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130January 4, 2018 9:31 PM

R125, thank you for that tip. my father in law was just diagnosed with dementia. so far he is ok. he lost his dentures, blames it on the dog.

by Anonymousreply 131January 4, 2018 9:31 PM

I'm sorry but calling someone a "cunt" isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just go to the UK, so many guys there call their own mothers cunts.

by Anonymousreply 132January 4, 2018 9:32 PM

Speaking of dentures and dementia, did we ever find out why the demented moron did that slurring thing a couple of weeks ago?

by Anonymousreply 133January 4, 2018 9:40 PM

Has it been confirmed Trump wears dentures? Because he would probably opt for implants if given a choice.

by Anonymousreply 134January 4, 2018 9:45 PM

i thought he had caps?

by Anonymousreply 135January 4, 2018 9:47 PM

r134, in the expansive DL thread at the time, it was hypothesized that he might indeed wear dentures due to insufficient bone strength for implants. Wouldn't surprise me, as his diet is complete shit.

by Anonymousreply 136January 4, 2018 9:48 PM

Thanks, R134. His diet is ridiculous for a man his age. hHw the hell does he eat all of that crap without feeling like total shit?

by Anonymousreply 137January 4, 2018 9:51 PM

If I was him I'd shave that dead cat-pelt of his head and get fitted for realistic looking hair piece or weave

by Anonymousreply 138January 4, 2018 9:53 PM

The slurring episode looked like his dentures slipped

by Anonymousreply 139January 4, 2018 9:57 PM

R134 they can't always do implants when the gums have receded too much. Probably dentures at his age.

by Anonymousreply 140January 4, 2018 9:59 PM

The Trump Kool Aid drinkers watching the Fox News version of a Potemkin Village will never see this. I just looked at The Post website and it's laughable. And the Fox News site is covering it but not mentioning a single allegation in the book.

by Anonymousreply 141January 4, 2018 9:59 PM

Where's Ron Popeil when our POTUS needs him? Okay he's dead but his life-saving Hair In A Can lives on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142January 4, 2018 10:00 PM

Wouldn’t it be wild if the scalp reduction scars on his head looks like a 666?

by Anonymousreply 143January 4, 2018 10:23 PM

LOCK HIM UP !!! 😁

by Anonymousreply 144January 4, 2018 10:32 PM

R143, years ago a friend of mine told me a politician would rise to power in the US with the birth date of 06/06/1966 and they would (of course) be evil. Trump most likely has a scalp scar which spells out "Idiot" as carved by his surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 145January 4, 2018 10:36 PM

Fox News website right now on this topic. Main heading:

"White House tell-all to hit bookshelves early, as publisher defies Trump demand."

Sub-headings:

"Should liberal media trust Michael Wolff's explosive, anti-Trump book?"

"White House has strong words for 'pathetic' Michael Wolff book."

"Coulter: Bannon's comments on the Trump Tower meeting 'completely insane.'"

"Gorka: Wolff book is full of 'inaccuracies and lies.'"

"Bannon-backed candidates distance themselves over Wolff book."

"Trump demands publisher stop release of book that caused Bannon fallout."

"Scaramucci: Author's claim that Trump didn't want to win election is 'nonsense'."

"Karl Rove: Steve Bannon has marginalized himself."

No spin there. No sir.

by Anonymousreply 146January 4, 2018 10:39 PM

R141, The Daily Mail's online front page is wall-to-wall Trump articles taken from Wolff's book. His supporters are having seizures in the comment section. I know everyone hates the DM and calls it a Conservative rag but there are enough "Libtards" who post there who annoy the shit out of the Trump supporteers in the comment section.

They just updated their headline about the cease and desist to: "Shove your cease and desist, Mr. Trump, we're publishing EARLY. " The Trump supporters are losing their shit today.

by Anonymousreply 147January 4, 2018 10:44 PM

I just ordered the book. It's being released tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 148January 4, 2018 10:47 PM

Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell are going to be HOT tonight!!!!

by Anonymousreply 149January 4, 2018 10:53 PM

WTF is scalp-reduction surgery?

by Anonymousreply 150January 4, 2018 11:00 PM

They cut out part of the skin in the back of your head (bald spot) and sew it back up to remove the bald spot. I. Shit. You, Not.

by Anonymousreply 151January 4, 2018 11:01 PM

R150: They still perform this surgery in Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 152January 4, 2018 11:06 PM

Thanks, R151. That's so gross!

by Anonymousreply 153January 4, 2018 11:12 PM

Kind of like a giant xiao long bao made of scalp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154January 4, 2018 11:24 PM

IVANKA TRUMP UNFOLLOWED STEVE BANNON ON TWITTER AFTER HE TRASHED HER FAMILY

"Ivanka Trump no longer follows former White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon on Twitter, as of Thursday afternoon. She either unfollowed or blocked Bannon, according to the bot account @TrumpsAlert, which tracks changes to the Trump family’s Twitter accounts. "

SO, THERE! TAKE THAT!!!

by Anonymousreply 155January 4, 2018 11:25 PM

Seriously, what do you think the Clintons are talking about today?

by Anonymousreply 156January 4, 2018 11:45 PM

I love that Trump's lawyers sent the Publisher's of the book a cease and desist order to try and stop them from releasing the book next Tuesday.

Their response was to release the book tomorrow.

LMAO, you cannot make this shit up.

by Anonymousreply 157January 5, 2018 12:11 AM

Stop the presses!

For $10 million, you can have my story.

by Anonymousreply 158January 5, 2018 12:12 AM

R131 that's not uncommon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159January 5, 2018 12:38 AM

For comparison, since it's all about who's bigly moving the most tremendous number of books, the most recent book by a member of the Trump cartel — [italic]Women Who Work: Rewriting the Rules For Success[/italic] by Ivanka — sold a total of 10,445 its first week. Let's come back a week from now and see who has the biggest button, shall we?

And let's not forget how [italic]The Art of the Deal[/italic] made it to the NYT best-seller list...

[quote]Contrary to Trump’s claims [“I go out, I make a tremendous fortune. I write a book called The Art of the Deal, the number-one-selling business book of all time.”], however, other business books have sold far more copies than The Art of the Deal. Total sales figures for Trump’s memoir are estimated at between one million and four million copies—compared to at least seven million for Rich Dad, Poor Dad; 25 million for The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People; and 30 million for How to Win Friends and Influence People. And while it’s true that The Art of the Deal spent 48 weeks on the Times best-seller list—even reaching the number-one spot, where it remained for 13 weeks—that achievement was due not just to Trump’s image as a celebrity, but also to his vanity and penchant for gaming the system.

[quote]The story of how Trump all but assured his book reached the best-seller list was first revealed by Jack O’Donnell, a former Trump executive who detailed his boss’s self-dealing in his 1991 tell-all, Trumped! According to O’Donnell, who oversaw marketing and served as president and chief operating officer of the Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino from 1987 to 1990, the Trump Organization helped boost The Art of the Deal by purchasing tens of thousands of copies on its own. In his book, O’Donnell recounts buying 1,000 copies of The Art of the Deal to sell in the Plaza’s gift shop—only to be told by fellow executive Steve Hyde that it wasn’t nearly enough. “You’ve got to increase your order,” Hyde told him. “Donald will go nuts if you don’t order more books.” How many more? Four thousand copies, O’Donnell was told.

[quote]“We were pressured to buy a lot of books,” O’Donnell tells the New Republic. So many, in fact, that he had to find creative ways to get rid of them all. “What we would do is use them as a turn-down service in a hotel,” O’Donnell laughs. “You know how in a nice hotel they turn your bedcover down and put a mint there? We were putting books on the bed.”

[quote]And it wasn’t just the Plaza Hotel that was buying the book in bulk. According to O’Donnell, Trump executives were instructed to buy thousands of copies for their properties. In typical Trump fashion, the boss pitted his top executives against each other: When Trump’s then-wife, Ivana, ordered 4,000 books for the Trump Castle Casino in Atlantic City, O’Donnell was warned that he needed to match her. “Hey, Jack,” a fellow executive cautioned him, “you better buy as many books as Ivana, or Donald will use it against you.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160January 5, 2018 1:05 AM

I would LOVE to see Melania file for divorce! There will never be a better time for her.

Think of what SHE could then net on a tell all book!!!

by Anonymousreply 161January 5, 2018 1:40 AM

I’M BUYING IT!!!

by Anonymousreply 162January 5, 2018 1:40 AM

R161, she probably signed an NDA.

by Anonymousreply 163January 5, 2018 1:41 AM

I said when he was elected, and I'll say again: we will watch a president literally go insane in office. it will be frightening, but really, with this cunt, it will also be hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 164January 5, 2018 1:52 AM

Wolff supposedly has recordings of the interviews. They defied Trump's cease and desist letter so I imagine they've covered their asses quite soundly.

by Anonymousreply 166January 5, 2018 2:55 AM

The book says he called Melania his "trophy wife" TO HER FACE and told her to go "do her own thing."

I just hope her "own thing" turns out to be DIVORCE!!!

by Anonymousreply 167January 5, 2018 3:03 AM

[quote]Wolff supposedly has recordings of the interviews.

That would be great, especially if he releases enough to prove the truthfulness. One gets so used to journalists using non-existent "sources" that it becomes the expectation.

by Anonymousreply 168January 5, 2018 3:04 AM

There is no way that Trump would make himself vulnerable in a deposition as he would have to if he wanted to enforce the cease and desist.

by Anonymousreply 169January 5, 2018 3:05 AM

the quotes are true, I am pretty sure. there is probably a lot of gossip that is unprovable, but I suspect this guy is careful enough to ensure that actual quotes are on tape.

by Anonymousreply 170January 5, 2018 3:06 AM

his fans won't care, and the fact that he hates or at least despises his wife is probably true and irrelevant. melania should kick his ass to the curb now, while he can't really fight back.

by Anonymousreply 171January 5, 2018 3:07 AM

Poor Ivanka ...how does she feel about her dads reputation in tatters? Does she even feel shame?

by Anonymousreply 172January 5, 2018 3:13 AM

There was a blind item at BlindGossip shortly after the election that said Melania was ready to divorce his ass after the election but then he went and (sort of) won the damn thing. He supposedly made a new deal with her to play nice for the next four (or less) years.

by Anonymousreply 173January 5, 2018 3:13 AM

The notion that Trump didn't want actually to win, seems pretty ludicrous. It would be the only time ever he didn't want to win something he was involved in. It has to be a misinterpretation of his tendency, which we have all seen, to state that he didn't really want something if he doesn't get it or it looks like he is going to lose.

by Anonymousreply 174January 5, 2018 3:28 AM

doesn't matter. vote. this year, if you have never voted before because REASONS, fuck it, vote. just get your ass to the polls. vote.

by Anonymousreply 175January 5, 2018 3:30 AM

Anyone care to post snippets of deplorables melting down?

I'm kinda unable to browse at this time.

by Anonymousreply 176January 5, 2018 4:06 AM

Is there any account that Trump threw a lamp in unhinged anger? Or was crying so hard he couldn't come out to make a concession speech? If not, this is pretty boring stuff. Hillary is more fun.

by Anonymousreply 177January 5, 2018 4:12 AM

Keep your chin up, Miss r177. You’ll get through this!

by Anonymousreply 178January 5, 2018 4:17 AM

[quote]Anyone care to post snippets of deplorables melting down? I'm kinda unable to browse at this time.

I don't recall deplorables melting down. The snowflakes, however...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179January 5, 2018 4:25 AM

Must not have been reading many comments at the news sites R179. They're melting down.

by Anonymousreply 180January 5, 2018 4:28 AM

That's right, R179, most people were horrified and taken aback at the thought of having this illiterate asshole as a president--- rightly.

by Anonymousreply 181January 5, 2018 4:32 AM

R131, get a key to your FIL’s place right away. My mom forgot how to unlock the bolt on the front door and repeatedly locked herself in. We had to keep unscrewing the window screen and climbing in to unlock it from the inside. If you did that today, the cops would shoot you. She refused to go to a home as many older people do. We found out it is very hard to commit people against their will no matter how impaired they are. You need to settle this now, before he’s too impaired to consent:

Get a power of attorney for your FIL if he will allow it. You can pay his bills and have the authority to do whatever is necessary to take care of him and his medical needs. Do it now, before he’s too paranoid or incompetent to allow it. This is really really important. Do it as fast as you can. If he’s too impaired no lawyer will touch it.

Look into getting a conservatorship as well. And put his assets in a family trust. Talk to a probate or estate lawyer ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 182January 5, 2018 4:49 AM

melania doesnt have a bad deal at all, she gets money and a lot of freedom, she does her own thing, she doesn't have to be around him all the time. yes of course she knew she was a trophy wife.

don't you remember she was even supposed to be dating a head of security for Tiffanys or something? he was fit and a silver fox.

by Anonymousreply 183January 5, 2018 5:08 AM

She has an awful deal. She has to travel with the orange anus and be around his vile, raging, stressed out ass in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 184January 5, 2018 5:47 AM

Yeah, I can't help it. I feel sorry for her. I don't care that she's just a ho. Even ho's deserve some respect. Especially if they have to put up with a vile POS like dump.

by Anonymousreply 185January 5, 2018 7:02 AM

The book is temporarily out of stock on Amazon; at least where I live.

by Anonymousreply 186January 5, 2018 7:42 AM

Yup. Amazon is already sold out

by Anonymousreply 187January 5, 2018 7:46 AM

Where's Kellyanne lately?

by Anonymousreply 188January 5, 2018 8:05 AM

r172 yes she feels shame all way to the bank. She probably realizes like many of us that her dad is a dumbass and destroyed the family but she still loves him and forgiveness will set her free.

by Anonymousreply 189January 5, 2018 8:17 AM

It’s a shame there is not a White House Pool. I would love for Melania to get down with Enrique the House Boy.

by Anonymousreply 190January 5, 2018 8:18 AM

Rudy Giuliani is awfully quiet.

by Anonymousreply 191January 5, 2018 8:35 AM

I don't believe Trump didn't want to be president. He rallied too long and hard. At first I assumed he wasn't all that serious about winning, and I wasn't completely convinced of his seriousness until he showed up for the first debate with Hillary. Prior to that debate, he didn't really have to debate issues very deeply, he could just badger the Republicans for being establishment politicians and it worked for him. I couldn't imagine him debating a Democrat one-on-one on a national level, especially a policy wonk like Hillary, knowing the whole world would probably be watching. After he showed up and debated her, I realized he was serious about wanting the job.

There were a few times before that debate that I thought Trump would drop out: After Romney's press conference describing him as a fraud; after it was revealed that he had posed as his own PR person in the past; after the Access Hollywood tape. But, nope. And, here we are.

by Anonymousreply 192January 5, 2018 8:36 AM

Trump rallied hard because he liked the adulation from the deplorables. Remember the photo of his face when it was announced he won? He was not happy.

by Anonymousreply 193January 5, 2018 8:44 AM

Blissful to imagine Wolff's publisher considering how large to make the second print run. And in due course, the third. Thus the sold-out first edition will be considered collectable. Good times.

by Anonymousreply 194January 5, 2018 9:52 AM

From the THR article:

[quote]With Melania a nonpresence, the staff referred to Ivanka as the "real wife" and Hicks as the "real daughter.")

Aaaaagh.

by Anonymousreply 195January 5, 2018 11:06 AM

How often is Melania actually at the White House? I suspect she's in NYC more than we know.

by Anonymousreply 196January 5, 2018 12:21 PM

I'm gonna order as soon as I can (still waiting on the return of my security deposit from my previous apartment). It sounds hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 197January 5, 2018 1:18 PM

From The Atlantic:

The scandal of Michael Wolff’s new book isn’t its salacious details—it’s that everyone in Washington has known its key themes, and refused to act.

They know. They could act. And they don’t. The failure of responsibility starts with Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan, but it doesn’t end with them. Every member of a bloc-voting majority shares responsibility for not acting on their version of the open secret. “Independent” Republicans like Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski share it. “Thoughtful” ones, like Ben Sasse and Jeff Flake. Those (in addition to Flake) who have nothing to lose electorally, from Bob Corker to Orrin Hatch. When they vote as a majority against strong investigations, against subpoenas, against requirements for financial disclosure, and most of all against protecting Robert Mueller and his investigation, they share complicity in the open secret.

We are watching the political equivalent of the Weinstein board paying off the objects of his abuse. We are watching Fox pay out its tens of millions to O’Reilly’s victims. But we’re watching it in real time, with the secret shared worldwide, and the stakes immeasurably higher.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198January 5, 2018 1:24 PM

I hate their self-righteous tone R198, but of course they're right This could turn into a Weinstein type of domino effect if more journalists start blatantly calling out those who have stood by and done nothing. Congress doesn't even have the balls to close the loopholes in the anti-nepotism law that allows Jared and Ivanka to play advisers at the expense of the country.

by Anonymousreply 199January 5, 2018 1:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200January 5, 2018 2:43 PM

Last night Lawrence O'Donnell made the point that this book was fact checked and carefully vetted by the publisher's libel lawyers, as well as Wolff's own lawyers. The first person he thanks in the acknowledgments is his libel lawyer. Trump threatens to sue but never follows through.

by Anonymousreply 201January 5, 2018 4:19 PM

R178, of course r177 will keep her chin up, the better to keep her nose up Trumps ass....

by Anonymousreply 202January 5, 2018 4:21 PM

R201 that’s his way of terrorizing people without the resources to go to court. Even if his claims are crybaby nonsense, it costs a fortune to defend against them in court.

But it didn’t work against a real company of course.

by Anonymousreply 203January 5, 2018 4:30 PM

Trump sues to terrorize. He likes to ruin his perceived enemies with all kinds of pretrial motions that are financially crippling for others. Its worked for him over the years to silence others, but he's so demented that he doesn't realize there's nothing to be gained in this situation.

by Anonymousreply 204January 5, 2018 4:36 PM

Amazin sucks! They didn't send the preordered book and now it is on backorder for 2 to 4 weeks. I canceled my book order and will listen to it on Audible (for free!)

Anyway, it is fun reading the troll/Trumpets comments to Amazon positive reviews. They are so butthurt! They are trying to post negative comments/insults for all positive reviews, but are getting swarmed with positive reviews.

by Anonymousreply 205January 5, 2018 4:37 PM

He also does not seem to realize that in these latest threatened lawsuits he is gonna be on the wrong end of the discovery stick.

by Anonymousreply 206January 5, 2018 4:38 PM

R177 Give it up already. We all know the game of "but Hillary" as a deflection you guys play every time the ugly truth about Trump comes out. And it's not working and it's not stopping anyone from exposing Trump as the corrupt, con man that he is who is losing his grip on reality.

by Anonymousreply 207January 5, 2018 4:42 PM

he is childish. oh cmon, all men are fucking childish. I agree tho, he is unfit for the job. he is not a deep thinker. he is not familiar with complex world issues, problems.

he is a moron, i wonder why people say this? I think it's because trump doesn't agree with those people, he's so stupid, he was able to become a billionaire? yes, his dad gave him a million to start out with but it's not easy to turn that into a billion. he doesn't think the way politicians think. that's why they think he's fucking stupid. he is a very simple man, a child. not complex. loves fast food. he's easy to figure out.

i don't like him but all this is very bad for the image of usa.

meanwhile the fat cats who voted for him are really happy. the stock market is flying.

by Anonymousreply 208January 5, 2018 4:42 PM

[quote]he is a moron

Says the man with no shift key on his computer.

by Anonymousreply 209January 5, 2018 4:45 PM

Do Cyrillic keyboards even have shift keys?

by Anonymousreply 210January 5, 2018 4:48 PM

Meghan McCain had her first full Hasselbeck style meltdown on The View today, when the co hosts were asking whether he was mentally fit to serve this country.

Meghan ranted that none of them had degrees in psychology, and that it was ridiculous to even discuss this. Joy then said she had to cut to break, but Meghan talked right over her to complain how all the attention was being focused on this book, while no one cares that the Dow had just gone up . Joy just waved her off and rolled her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 211January 5, 2018 4:50 PM

Wolff on this morning's Today show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212January 5, 2018 4:54 PM

[quote]Meghan ranted that none of them had degrees in psychology, and that it was ridiculous to even discuss this. Joy then said she had to cut to break, but Meghan talked right over her to complain how all the attention was being focused on this book, while no one cares that the Dow had just gone up .

And, this is what causes the partisanship. Republicans didn't say shit when the DOW went up radically under Obama. Even with this unprecedented movement in the DOW it did not meet the DOW performance under Obama. But, the true reality is that a president has very little to do with the financial indices.

And, Republicans are complaining about this book when they funded and purposely construed facts using "Clinton Cash"?

As a former registered Republican I have REALLY grown to hate Republicans and the Republican party! Nothing that they have done in the past 10 years has been for the betterment of our country... or, the world for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 213January 5, 2018 4:57 PM

Funny how the media couldn't find Donna Brazile who in her own book is all but accusing the DNC of murdering Seth Rich.

by Anonymousreply 214January 5, 2018 5:09 PM

The author of the explosive new book about Donald Trump's presidency acknowledged in the book that he wasn't certain all of its content was true.

Michael Wolff, the author of "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House," included a note at the start that casts significant doubt on the reliability of the specifics contained in the rest of its pages.

Several of his sources, he says, were definitely lying to him, while some offered accounts that flatly contradicted those of others

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215January 5, 2018 5:10 PM

[quote]Funny how the media couldn't find Donna Brazile who in her own book is all but accusing the DNC of murdering Seth Rich.

And, why do you lie? You're part of the problem.

[quote]Feds actively investigating Clinton Foundation--Federal authorities are actively investigating allegations of corruption related to the Clinton Foundation, the charity of Bill and Hillary Clinton, according to a US official briefed on the matter. The FBI and federal prosecutors are looking into whether donors to the foundation were improperly promised policy favors or special access to Hillary Clinton while she was secretary of state in exchange for donations to the charity's coffers, as well as whether tax-exempt funds were misused, the official said. The investigation, led by the FBI field office in Little Rock, Arkansas, is being overseen by the US attorney's office in the state, according to the source.

And, hasn't this been done already?

by Anonymousreply 216January 5, 2018 5:13 PM

Loved this review on Amazon:

DEAR COMRADE BUDDY

PLEASE DO NOT BE OF READING. VERY BAD.

YOURS TRULY AMERICAN FRIEND NO1

by Anonymousreply 217January 5, 2018 5:14 PM

[quote]Funny how the media couldn't find Donna Brazile

Funny how you don't seem to remember that she was all over the news for a week or so with the tidbits released from her book.

[quote]who in her own book is all but accusing the DNC of murdering Seth Rich.

Funny how you cannot read.

[quote]The author of the explosive new book about Donald Trump's presidency acknowledged in the book that he wasn't certain all of its content was true.

Funny how you are not noting that Wolff wrote:

[quote]"Sometimes I have let the players offer their versions, in turn allowing the reader to judge them. In other instances I have, through a consistency in the accounts and through sources I have come to trust, settled on a version of events I believe to be true."

Of course they lied to him; this is the Trump campaign/administration, led by the single worst liar since we began measuring such things. But a good journalist knows how to separate fact from fiction, looking to weed out the lies.

Moreover, in those cases where he couldn't confirm, Wolff simply let the person talk and he reported the conversation verbatim. And in those cases where it was simply a matter of opinion, i.e., that Trump is unfit for the position, it's highly unlikely that those giving that opinion were lying to him, mostly because they had no reason to do so and every reason to state the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 218January 5, 2018 5:19 PM

r215 I condole you. Such desperation.

by Anonymousreply 219January 5, 2018 5:21 PM

Keep hope alive r214

by Anonymousreply 220January 5, 2018 5:27 PM

Hillary will never be President. That is what matters.

by Anonymousreply 221January 5, 2018 5:29 PM

[quote]Hillary will never be President. That is what matters.

Well, shit! Even the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost know that! Everyone knows that except Trump and his idiotic supporters.

by Anonymousreply 222January 5, 2018 5:33 PM

Donna Brazile again? I love that fat dyke.

by Anonymousreply 223January 5, 2018 5:33 PM

Well, now that collusion with Russia is proving to be a total hoax and the only collusion is with Hillary Clinton and the FBI/Russia, the Fake News Media (Mainstream) and this phony new book are hitting out at every new front imaginable. They should try winning an election. Sad!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224January 5, 2018 5:39 PM

I live in France and I can buy it and read it on Kindle now for 12 euros 92 cts.

by Anonymousreply 225January 5, 2018 5:42 PM

god I hate clicking on DJT twitter links.

by Anonymousreply 226January 5, 2018 5:44 PM

r225 did you download it successfully to Kindle?

by Anonymousreply 227January 5, 2018 5:46 PM

Pas encore :) I do love this Amazon review however:

Powerful Insights into a Disaster of Trumpian Proportions

ParW. Christian le 5 janvier 2018 - Publié sur Amazon.com

Achat vérifié

Every once in a great while a book comes along which puts to word such profound and great truths that the whole world cannot help but stop and take notice. The Bible, the Tao Te Ching, Plato’s Republic, Newton’s Principia, Darwin’s Origin of Species and now Wolff’s Fire and Fury, an instant classic concerning the origin of a curious species of orange humanoid currently infesting 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

With one fell swoop, Mr. Wolff surely has immortalized his name as a great thinker and philosopher of our age. But should you buy it? I don’t know. Should Americans try apple pie at least once in their lives? Is baseball a national treasure and/or painfully boring? Do humans need love? Is freedom a good thing? If you answered yes to any of those questions, then yes, you should buy it. In fact, you should purchase multiple copies and donate the extras to your local library so that people of all walks of life may bask in its everlasting glory.

The mere fact that Trump is spitting out more furious, poorly written tweets than the girls of my local middle school is evidence enough that this book truly gets to the decaying, tumor-ridden heart of Trump’s “presidency” and makes it worth a read. But this is also the sort of work that is going to affect our nation’s collective consciousness for years to come and is worth reading simply as a cultural artifact. I’ll spare you getting into specific quotes since I’m sure if you’re interested in this book you’ve likely already seen dozens of them plastered all over the news. But suffice it to say it paints a picture of a ship without a captain, a chaotic maelstrom where the man in charge doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing, doesn’t know what he wants to accomplish and often doesn’t even care. Instead, he essentially smashed open the presidency like a piñata and let his many hangers on, yes men and family members scratch and claw at each other for the pieces of candy that fall to the floor.

It’s pretty telling that this book actually makes former right hand man and closet-Sith Lord Steve Bannon look pretty good by comparison. Fire and Fury will confirm a lot of what you’ve probably already suspected but didn’t have much concrete evidence for. Ivanka Trump is a apparently “dumb as a brick” and stupid enough to think she has what it takes be the first female president (although I suppose that’s not too crazy considering her father somehow did it). Jared Kushner has the business style of a used car salesman and the heart of a strip club owner. Trump has the attention span of an insect, has probably never read an entire book in his life and may actually be functionally illiterate. Most of Trump’s hired professional political staffers have spent his presidency just trying to get him to do basic, basic stuff that any career politician would have done months, if not years, before assuming office. For example, his deputy chief of staff said it was like pulling teeth just to get him to come up with three basic goals he wanted to accomplish. Despite his obvious ignorance and apathy towards the actual work of politics and government, he apparently doesn’t trust experts even slightly and will often make decisions regarding complex, highly difficult topics no layman should dare attempt himself based on vague gut feelings, about like if some random passenger had to land a plane and told an actual pilot on the radio trying to help guide him to shut up, he knew what he was doing. And even if he agrees to listen to an expert brief him, it’s nearly impossible to hold his attention for more than a couple slides. Many people who’ve worked with him have likened it to working with a toddler. So yeah, if you want to know about the inner workings of our toddler in chief’s administration, here are all the gory details.

by Anonymousreply 228January 5, 2018 5:49 PM

R211 Of course Meghan doesn’t realize that those with degrees in psychology are traditionally taught NOT to speak about the mental health of public figures. It’s called the Goldwater Rule. That’s why you don’t hear more of us speaking out.

by Anonymousreply 229January 5, 2018 5:51 PM

From the book in a passage about Steve Bannon:

[quote] After the Biosphere 2 disaster, he participated in raising financing for a virtual currency scheme (MMORPGs, or MMOs) called Internet Gaming Entertainment (IGE). This was a successor company to Digital Entertainment Network (DEN), a dot-com burnout, whose principals included the former child star Brock Pierce (The Mighty Ducks) who went on to be the founder of IGE, but was then pushed out. Bannon was put in as CEO, and the company was subsumed by endless litigation. (133)

Doesn't DEN get frequent mention in gossip here?

by Anonymousreply 230January 5, 2018 6:39 PM

R229 the Goldwater Rule is getting sidelined by the Duty to Warn Rule. Trump could annihilate the whole planet so his good mental health (and lack thereof) is an issue of primordial importance.

by Anonymousreply 231January 5, 2018 6:54 PM

It does, R230. Brock Pierce, DEN, Bryan Singer, Sean William Scott. Even Kevin Spacey IIRC. So these are Bannon's connections?

by Anonymousreply 232January 5, 2018 6:55 PM

Good catch on the den connection. Is slopppy Steve a pedo? Keep digging.

by Anonymousreply 233January 5, 2018 6:56 PM

RUN!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234January 5, 2018 7:03 PM

That's a big deal, R234. And yet I've only heard it on DL. Weirrd.

by Anonymousreply 235January 5, 2018 7:40 PM

[quote]It’s a shame there is not a White House Pool. I would love for Melania to get down with Enrique the House Boy.

Try Keith Schiller. Wondered why he left.

by Anonymousreply 236January 5, 2018 7:41 PM

[quote]That's a big deal, [R234]. And yet I've only heard it on DL.

There is SO much happening in this White House that no one can keep up!

by Anonymousreply 237January 5, 2018 7:47 PM

R236, what?

by Anonymousreply 238January 5, 2018 7:58 PM

Hi Mr Wolff. Can you come back to the White House? I've got a few stories you might be interested in ...

by Anonymousreply 239January 5, 2018 8:07 PM

Wow, it must now be even more humiliating to have lost to this guy. How bad a candidate Hillary was! And Obama drove Independents and many Democrats and Republicans who voted for him to either not vote or to vote for Trump. Democrats better learn from this and realize that corruption (Hillary) and continually overriding Congress with Executive Orders and deception (Obama) do not endear them to voters.

by Anonymousreply 240January 5, 2018 8:08 PM

R240, fuck off. Preferably right into the middle of that snowstorm hanging over Northern America atm.

by Anonymousreply 241January 5, 2018 8:18 PM

Facts are stubborn things, R241. Stubborn things.

by Anonymousreply 242January 5, 2018 8:20 PM

R242, just like Trumptards are.

by Anonymousreply 243January 5, 2018 8:22 PM

You wouldn't know a "fact" if it bit you in the ass, R242. Nothing written in R240 was a "fact." Perhaps when you learn the difference, we might be able to have a serious discussion. Until then, we'll just ignore you and/or laugh at you.

by Anonymousreply 244January 5, 2018 8:23 PM

If Trump you believe that didn't want to win the election, then explain why are Democrats and most of the news media continually claiming that he colluded with Russia in order to win the election? Which is it?

by Anonymousreply 245January 5, 2018 8:26 PM

If you believe that Trump didn't want to win the election, then explain why are Democrats and most of the news media continually claiming that he colluded with Russia in order to win the election? Which is it?

by Anonymousreply 246January 5, 2018 8:27 PM

The constant turmoil, relentless stupidity, and unbridled grossness spewed from this nutjob and all of the GOP creeps is so wearying. And the fact that he continues to have supporters even as American values and leadership circle the drain.... God Help Us.

by Anonymousreply 247January 5, 2018 8:29 PM

Love R245 / R246's editorial work. Love his grammar, too.

by Anonymousreply 248January 5, 2018 8:33 PM

So I made a mistake typing on my phone, R248. But, like a typical leftist, you prefer ad hominem attacks rather than answering a question. Again I ask, if Trump didn't want to become president, then why would he collude with Russia in order to do so?

Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 249January 5, 2018 8:36 PM

I'm not here to answer questions. I don't even live in America. Am I under arrest?

by Anonymousreply 250January 5, 2018 8:41 PM

R245's grammar structure sounds Russian.

How's the weather over there, moj ruskij prijatel?

by Anonymousreply 251January 5, 2018 8:45 PM

How very surprising, R251.

by Anonymousreply 252January 5, 2018 8:46 PM

Because I don't think Trump ever thought it would work and he'd actually win, even with collusion. The odds were still very high. Plus Trump always wants to say he WON, but being president is 'boring' to him. The messy, complicated, day to day of presidenting is not something he's interested in.

by Anonymousreply 253January 5, 2018 8:49 PM

I want to read this book but fear having to hand sanitize my eyeballs.

by Anonymousreply 254January 5, 2018 9:07 PM

[quote]If you believe that Trump didn't want to win the election, then explain why are Democrats and most of the news media continually claiming that he colluded with Russia in order to win the election? Which is it?

Dear heart, has it really escaped your notice that both of these things can be true? They are not even remotely in conflict.

by Anonymousreply 255January 5, 2018 9:18 PM

I’m glad this book is such a hot seller. It must be driving the Orange Orangutan crazy. And shame on the GOP for allowing the insanity to continue, they are all complicit.

by Anonymousreply 256January 5, 2018 10:08 PM

Funny that our dear ruskij friend has fallen silent upon me mentioning that his grammar structure looks Russian. 😂

by Anonymousreply 257January 5, 2018 10:11 PM

American beefburger snackbreak of 10 minutes he is taking. No silence!

by Anonymousreply 258January 5, 2018 10:22 PM

Beef buyrger taste like wild Moscow street dog, yes? Next time I take mcTurnip wayffle.

by Anonymousreply 259January 5, 2018 10:32 PM

I love the Russki trolls on the Datalounge! Just think: they're running up Putin's bill posting on a site for gay men who loathe Donald Trump. Talk about wasting his Rubles.

by Anonymousreply 260January 5, 2018 10:41 PM

Obviously, he wanted to make deals, gain favor, and do well enough to not embarrass himself. I truly believe he never expected to win (nor did his team), but they were hoping for the kind of showing that would make them all media stars in the opposition to the Clinton presidency, possibly on a new Trump TV network.

If he finished a decent second place and then owed favors to foreigners, corrupt banks, and assorted other criminal types...all the better for his future!

by Anonymousreply 261January 5, 2018 10:46 PM

I wish the book could kill Trump, Sessions, McConnell, Grassley, Pence and all of the swampthings in Washington.

by Anonymousreply 262January 5, 2018 10:47 PM

Melania needs to FEEL HER POWER. There are probably any number of silk stocking New York divorce lawyers who are salivating at the thought of representing her in a divorce. Prenup or no prenup, NDA or no NDA. They have been married for nearly thirteen years and best of all, she has an eleven year old "special needs" son by him. A good lawyer could tear that prenup to shreds. AND make Trump's head explode in the process! The tax returns would have to come out in order to determine alimony and support, and she would be freed from having to serve her three year sentence as FLOTUS, which she clearly does not want to do.

Melania - save yourself, your son, and your country! DO IT NOW!!!! Your nuclear button is bigger than his will EVER BE!

by Anonymousreply 263January 5, 2018 10:48 PM

I put in for the book at the library.. I was 3rd on the list and 2 days later, there are 80+ on the list!!!!

by Anonymousreply 264January 5, 2018 10:50 PM

R264, same here, Los Angeles has 70 ebook copies and there are 10 people waiting per copy--so 700 signed up in a day. I opted for the e-audio version which has a smaller waitlist.

by Anonymousreply 265January 5, 2018 10:55 PM

R246's scintillating theory is all over right-wing Twitter today, but we've known for months that Trumpy was promising the moon "when I'm elected" knowing/hoping he wouldn't be. Then he got elected and WHOOPS, now Putin wants those promises kept.

by Anonymousreply 266January 5, 2018 11:41 PM

[quote]The book feeds the hysteria of the anti-Trump people and gives them something to nurse on,

It doesn't feed, honey. IT CONFIRMS!!!

No one with any sense, (and therefore that excludes Republicans and Trump supporters), believed Brian Ross. This was not the first time Ross got something grossly wrong! Many people know that Ross is too close to his liberal beliefs and he can dismiss objectivity in order to get the "gotcha". The market tanked because you had those who thought; "Uh-Oh! The jigs up!"

by Anonymousreply 268January 6, 2018 12:11 AM

[quote]but it doesn't appear to have any effect on regular people

Uh-huh, you just keep telling yourself that....

[quote]especially as multiple parts of it continue to be debunked

Uh-huh, you just keep telling yourself that....

Notably absent from your post, of course, is any actual data about "regular people" or about all of those "multiple parts" that have been "debunked."

by Anonymousreply 269January 6, 2018 12:14 AM

Is there any international buzz over the book? I have no idea but I imagine its international sales will hit the roof.

Will it be banned in Russia? Lol.

by Anonymousreply 270January 6, 2018 12:18 AM

R267, eff off, Boris / Ljudmila.

by Anonymousreply 271January 6, 2018 12:19 AM

The whole POTUS thing is like a deal with the devil where someone promises his first born and thinks he can trick the devil by not fathering a child. Donald Trump made a deal with Putin and he thought he would never get elected, but he underestimated Putin's power and it happened after all and now he's bumbling around like a fool hoping for a way out that doesn't hurt his ego and his image.

by Anonymousreply 272January 6, 2018 12:20 AM

Trump setting new records....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273January 6, 2018 12:28 AM

i love what he has done with the book. AWESOME !!! TAKE DRUMP DOWN!

but why dont folks bleach their teeth before going on the today show,

his chompers were a dingy yellow...

smokers!

by Anonymousreply 274January 6, 2018 12:31 AM

Sounds delicious R263!!! Silk stocking lawyer! LOL. Never heard that term before but so apt.

by Anonymousreply 275January 6, 2018 12:42 AM

'Unprecedented demand' for Trump book in Ireland - but it won't be here till next week

The WORLD awaits!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276January 6, 2018 12:42 AM

Pretty much reporting in Austria and Germany, particularly on Trump's reaction to that book (lololol)

by Anonymousreply 277January 6, 2018 12:53 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278January 6, 2018 12:57 AM

Thanks r276 and r277

by Anonymousreply 279January 6, 2018 12:58 AM

[quote]Donald Trump made a deal with Putin and he thought he would never get elected,

There is still no evidence that Trump colluded with Russia. But did it bother you when Obama met with Medvedev and said, not realizing his mic was on, that he would have more flexibility to deal with controversial issues such as missile defense, and that Putin needed to give him space? Probably not. Hysterics tend to be very selective in their outrage.

by Anonymousreply 280January 6, 2018 1:01 AM

WorldViews

As ‘Fire and Fury’ is published, Europe openly debates: ‘Is Trump still sane?’

BERLIN — European commentary on President Trump is rarely flattering, but the cascading revelations alleged in Michael Wolff’s tell-all book “Fire and Fury,” drew an especially fierce response from a horrified continent.

“Is Trump still sane?” asked the Friday lead headline on the site of Germany’s most respected conservative paper, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. The piece was published under the topic “mental health.”

Meanwhile, British readers woke up to the Times of London's main front page headline that also wondered about the president’s stability: “Trump’s mental health questioned by top aide.”

“Donald Trump’s right-hand man openly questioned his fitness to serve and predicted that he would resign to avoid being removed by his own cabinet, according to a book that the US president tried to block yesterday,” wrote the Rupert Murdoch-controlled Times of London.

For its part, France’s paper of record, Le Monde, just described the book as “haunting.”

Trump has never been too popular in Western Europe, with approval ratings in many countries hovering in the single or lower double digits. But even though disagreement with Trump has almost become the norm here, some of Friday’s public responses to Wolff’s book still appeared unprecedented.

The Times of London and the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung are some of Europe’s most renowned news outlets, and both pride themselves with having especially influential readers in business and government in their respective countries where conservative parties are in power. More so than in the United States, European papers frequently mix traditional reporting and editorials on front pages — often helping to sway public opinion, and by extension governmental strategy, as well.

A degree of skepticism over the mental health fears prominently featured in Europe on Friday is certainly warranted, especially given that my colleagues have pointed out several possible flaws in Wolff's book and previous accusations against the author over alleged inaccuracies in his reporting. Trump himself has pushed back hard against the book, describing it as “full of lies, misrepresentations and sources that don’t exist.” His legal team has also threatened libel charges against Wolff, his publisher and Trump's former chief strategist, Stephen K. Bannon, whose no-holds-barred remarks are prominently featured in the book.

But the fears remain, to the detriment of the world’s perception of both Trump and the United States. Some of the United States’ closest international allies, including Britain, Germany and France, are now openly debating whether the most powerful man in the world and de facto leader of NATO — an alliance on which their entire military strategies are based — can still be trusted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281January 6, 2018 1:03 AM

Do you believe that everyone is so stupid as to believe your lame argument, R280? Are these the talking points they're giving out in Moscow tonight?

Whether candidate Trump and his team conspired with a foreign power to damage his opponent to help him win the election is part of the Mueller investigation. Obama was president when he uttered those words to Medvedev so he could say whatever he wanted. Where do people like you come from, R280? Oh, I know.

by Anonymousreply 282January 6, 2018 1:12 AM

[quote] But did it bother you when Obama met with Medvedev and said, not realizing his mic was on, that he would have more flexibility to deal with controversial issues such as missile defense, and that Putin needed to give him space? Probably not. Hysterics tend to be very selective in their outrage.

Why should it, R280? Obama didn't hide it. He didn't lie. HE ADDRESSED IT!

It's ALL about the "Black guy" thing again, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283January 6, 2018 1:17 AM

[quote]But did it bother you when Obama met with Medvedev

Nope, because context matters. Nuance, apparently, entirely escapes you.

by Anonymousreply 284January 6, 2018 1:19 AM

Read the context of the Iran deal before insisting Obama was a president with integrity. Because he wasn't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285January 6, 2018 3:58 AM

[quote] It’s a shame there is not a White House Pool. I would love for Melania to get down with Enrique the House Boy.

There are two White House Swimming Pools. An indoor pool was installed in 1933 for President Roosevelt, a survivor of polio. In the early 1970s, Richard Nixon had it covered and the current White House Press Room was built over it, but the empty pool is still there underneath.

Nixon's successor, Gerald Ford, was an avid swimmer and had the South Lawn tennis court replaced with an outdoor pool. Later, a permanent cabana was added at one end of the pool with an underground tunnel from the South Wing so residents could go from The White House to the pool itself without being seen by the public. The pool is surrounded by trees and greenery such that it can only be seen from above.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286January 6, 2018 3:59 AM

Also, I always thought it was a big deal that Obama was friends with and mentored by domestic terrorists, even dedicating his book to them. The Politico article is well-written and researched, and I hope everyone reads it. It didn't surprise me, but made me think back to when I watched in amazement as Democrats chose him over Hillary in 2008.

by Anonymousreply 287January 6, 2018 4:01 AM

President Ford in front of the outside pool's cabana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288January 6, 2018 4:02 AM

[quote]Also, I always thought it was a big deal that Obama was friends with and mentored by domestic terrorists, even dedicating his book to them.

Oh, dear God R287! USE YOUR BRAIN! Oh! I forgot! You don't have one! But, work with me here... You seem to conveniently forget how BADLY there were those that wanted to take that nig... negro... down! You had more than just a few who spent the eight years of the Obama Administration using and doing everything that they could to destroy that Administration. And, just like Hillary... you got nothing. But, you were successful in taking the presidency away from Clinton. Of course she was at fault too but why can't you take your win and move on? Because.... that would mean that the spotlight is on you--and it most definitely is! Therefore, here's what you need to concern yourself with; We've got shit on Trump AND the Republicans! AND, YOU KNOW THIS TOO! It's just a matter of building an airtight case. You better be trying to figure out how YOU will survive this mess.

You see.. the problem with you and your ilk is that you have spent all of your time and efforts trying to destroy someone else that you don't pay attention to your own house. That's why Republicans can't govern and always leave a mess that has to be cleaned up. Get your own house in order first before you start coming for someone else. The damage and mess that Trump and the Republicans have done in one year can be repaired. It's not irreparable. You idiots came on the scene way too soon and people's memories are still fresh. That's why Trump's approval ratings are in the toilet. Most sane and intelligent people, (that excludes you and your ilk) KNOW that any positive news that is thus far a result is STILL due to the efforts of the Obama Administration and NOT Trump, you, and your ilk.

by Anonymousreply 289January 6, 2018 4:34 AM

Bill Clinton gave North Korea nukes. Obama gave Iran nukes. Hillary gave Russia uranium. Trump is annihilating ISIS.

I like Trump's foreign policy better.

by Anonymousreply 290January 6, 2018 4:45 AM

[quote]I like Trump's foreign policy better.

Then take your ass to the nearest military facility and ENLIST!

by Anonymousreply 291January 6, 2018 4:48 AM

R289, you didn't say anything about Bill Ayers or Bernadine Dorn. You simply implied that I'm racist, which I'm not. Why is that?

Does it bother you at all that Hillary Clinton and her campaign began the birther movement in 2007?

by Anonymousreply 292January 6, 2018 4:53 AM

Just... He's such a DUMBASS!!!

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump @realDonaldTrump

Michael Wolff is a total loser who made up stories in order to sell this really boring and untruthful book. He used Sloppy Steve Bannon, who cried when he got fired and begged for his job. Now Sloppy Steve has been dumped like a dog by almost everyone. Too bad!

by Anonymousreply 293January 6, 2018 4:54 AM

[quote]Bill Clinton gave North Korea nukes.

Nope, that was George W. Bush.

[quote]Obama gave Iran nukes.

Nope. The multi-national agreement and monitoring prevents Iran from having nukes.

[quote]Hillary gave Russia uranium.

Nope. That uranium is prohibited from leaving the U.S., which is why nobody gave a shit about it.

[quote]Trump is annihilating ISIS.

Nope. That was Obama.

[quote]I like Trump's foreign policy better.

That's because you're either a liar or a moron. Take your pick.

by Anonymousreply 294January 6, 2018 4:58 AM

[quote]Does it bother you at all that Hillary Clinton and her campaign began the birther movement in 2007?

Nope, because it's false. What is it with you morons and your long-debunked claims. Do you really think you can get away with shit like this on this site?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295January 6, 2018 4:59 AM

[quote][R289], you didn't say anything about Bill Ayers or Bernadine Dorn. You simply implied that I'm racist, which I'm not. Why is that?

Because when it is all said and done, honey... THAT'S what it all boils down to! The "Black guy" thing. And, no it doesn't bother me that Hillary started the birther thing. She stepped up to the plate, swung, and missed! Shen then moved on. But, you and your ilk can't because.... LOL! It's the "Black guy" thing. And, Jesus himself could tell you folk that he was born in Hawaii because he was there and delivered him but your kind won't accept that because.... well, it's the "Black guy" thing.

by Anonymousreply 296January 6, 2018 5:00 AM

[quote]Also, I always thought it was a big deal that Obama was friends with and mentored by domestic terrorists

Well, given your posts thus far, that's probably because you're a fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 297January 6, 2018 5:00 AM

Someone really, really likes the word ILK.

by Anonymousreply 298January 6, 2018 5:03 AM

I think I love you R294!

by Anonymousreply 299January 6, 2018 5:06 AM

Well, clearly, R296, Bill Ayers was personally instructing Obama on how to make bombs and destroy the United States. Apparently, Obama was a terrible student, though, since the U.S. seems to have survived his eight years as President just fine.

I do love the stupid concern-trolling, made even better by the even more stupid claim about Clinton starting "the birther movement."

by Anonymousreply 300January 6, 2018 5:07 AM

[quote]Someone really, really likes the word ILK.

Would you prefer I call you what I REALLY would like to call you and your ILK, dumb ass?

by Anonymousreply 301January 6, 2018 5:08 AM

They simply can't stand him...

Why?

It's the "Black guy" thing...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302January 6, 2018 5:18 AM

The level of hysteria and the level of hatefulness in this thread is disturbing.

Then again, this is why Trump won. And why he'll win again in 2020.

Sad.

#LoveTrumpsHate was such a phony tagline. Too bad, because it was a good one to aspire to.

by Anonymousreply 303January 6, 2018 5:22 AM

[quote]Hillary will never be President. That is what matters.

That’s pretty fucking far from what matters.

by Anonymousreply 304January 6, 2018 5:25 AM

Uh-huh, that's the same game that concern trolls like you play on all of these threads, R303 and yet, somehow, you never can seem to identify the "hysteria" and "hatefulness" that you imagine.

As for Trump winning in 2020, good luck with that. Of course he isn't. Hell, at this point, I'd give only 50-50 odds that he'll be the Republican nominee.

by Anonymousreply 305January 6, 2018 5:25 AM

R301 needs anger management and someone please teach It to learn how to differentiate one poster from another.

by Anonymousreply 306January 6, 2018 5:27 AM

You left your gaslight on, r303.

by Anonymousreply 307January 6, 2018 5:28 AM

[quote]The level of hysteria and the level of hatefulness in this thread is disturbing.

Let's see...You have people that are ripping off the taxpayers in plain site; throw a crumb to the people and call it a tax cut; people who are moving the country closer to war and therefore risking the lives of our children and other loved ones; taking needed health care away; rolling back environmental protections that protect the people; on and on....

BUT, hey....

The stock markets are up!

by Anonymousreply 308January 6, 2018 5:29 AM

After blocking R305 and all of her posts disappear, life will become pleasant (and sane) again. Although I think she's also OP, so the thread might go away too. Oh well. I opt for pleasantness.

by Anonymousreply 309January 6, 2018 5:29 AM

[quote]Trump is annihilating ISIS.

[quote]Nope. That was Obama.

That’s exactly right. Despite Trump’s claim that he had a plan, a very secret plan, to defeat ISIS in 30 days, no divergence from Obama’s initial plan occurred.

So obsmas plan, which trump said was a miserable failure, was then wholeheartedly adopted by Trump, and it worked.

by Anonymousreply 310January 6, 2018 5:32 AM

At this point the Trumpanzees have moved 1000% into their own private reality.

by Anonymousreply 311January 6, 2018 5:35 AM

Debating with Trump supporters in is a completely through-the-looking-glass experience. Everything they assert as truth is a lie, and everything they declaim as a lie is the truth.

I wonder if there’s a point in even bothering? They are what two decades or rightwing agitprop media have wrought. And this brings me back to my initial point. They decry the “liberal media” with its “leftist bias” (lol) but consume all their own news exclusively from rightwing news sources set up specifically to brainwash them. Through the looking glass indeed.

by Anonymousreply 312January 6, 2018 5:38 AM

Most of the queens on here are just jealous of Trump's looks, hair and savvy political intuition. The man has got it all; Melania has also brought incredible style and elegance to the White House, she's the Jackie Kennedy of this generation.

by Anonymousreply 313January 6, 2018 5:51 AM

Preach it, R313.

Michael Wolff is a jealous, ugly, little Jew.

by Anonymousreply 314January 6, 2018 5:54 AM

Is it morning in Moscow already?

by Anonymousreply 315January 6, 2018 5:55 AM

R315: Must be! They are hard at work here already.

by Anonymousreply 316January 6, 2018 5:57 AM

Tweet of the day:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317January 6, 2018 5:57 AM

After that bracing first vodka of the day, they’re ready to take on the DL, bless their hearts!

by Anonymousreply 318January 6, 2018 5:59 AM

They just can't get enough of that BBC, no wonder they can't stop thinking about Obama even though he's been out of office for a year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320January 6, 2018 6:04 AM

I guess sarcasm escapes you, r314.

by Anonymousreply 321January 6, 2018 6:05 AM

r303 is obviously a Jill Stein voter looking to justify his vote....typical.

by Anonymousreply 322January 6, 2018 7:37 AM

Tweet @ R293 reads like a spoiled petulant dim young teenager.

Just heard Wolff interviewed in the lead spot on BBC Radio 4's flagship morning show. He stated that without exception the word most used by his sources about Trump was 'childlike.' And what followed from that was naturally his 'unfitness for office.'

Even on his own stunted terms Trump is demonstrably wrong: Wolff is plainly not a 'total loser', as his book is already a bestseller and generating global headlines. The proud 'author' of 'The Art Of The Deal' will need to up his denial game yet more.

by Anonymousreply 323January 6, 2018 7:52 AM

Words from the genius...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324January 6, 2018 12:29 PM

A true genius does not need to claim to be a genius.

And sane people don’t need to assert they are sane.

by Anonymousreply 325January 6, 2018 12:39 PM

WHo is this Gorka asshole all over tv crowing about trump? He’s not even American but he’s singing the orange turd’s praises.

by Anonymousreply 326January 6, 2018 12:42 PM

Too bad the 'stable genius' wasn't able to propagate his luminous ideas with 'Trump University.' His course on how to fob off multiple bankruptcies would have been oversubscribed.

by Anonymousreply 327January 6, 2018 12:46 PM

I’m like super intelligent!

by Anonymousreply 328January 6, 2018 1:00 PM

Stephen Colbert @StephenAtHome @StephenAtHome

One of the most surprising parts of "Fire and Fury" is how Donald Trump accidentally started a national book club.

Jessica‏ @sensfanette @sensfanette Replying to @StephenAtHome

International, actually

by Anonymousreply 329January 6, 2018 1:09 PM

[quote]After blocking R305 and all of her posts disappear, life will become pleasant (and sane) again.

Oh, dear ... did someone force you to read a post that caused you to clutch your pearls in anguish? How dreadful of us. We're just so, so sorry for your trauma. Life as a concern troll must be so rough.

[quote]Although I think she's also OP, so the thread might go away too.

Nope, although I would have been happy to have started it.

[quote]Oh well. I opt for pleasantness.

Not to mention ignorance....

by Anonymousreply 330January 6, 2018 1:12 PM

Matthew Yglesias‏ @mattyglesias

I am also a very stable genius who, like most very stable people, is very comfortable bragging about my very stable genius status.

by Anonymousreply 331January 6, 2018 1:12 PM

That has to be one of the most pathetic tweets from Trump that we've ever seen. Seriously, that's actually disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 332January 6, 2018 1:14 PM

LOL R293 is reciting almost word for word what Trump tweeted.

by Anonymousreply 333January 6, 2018 1:17 PM

I thought the thing with Jews was that they used the blood of Christian babies to make matzoh.

by Anonymousreply 334January 6, 2018 1:27 PM

Trump's a geniASS.

by Anonymousreply 335January 6, 2018 1:37 PM

And a geni(an)us, of course.

by Anonymousreply 336January 6, 2018 1:39 PM

A taste of big Arab cock for the Trumpanzees.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337January 6, 2018 1:41 PM

Mayday Mindy @maydaymindy9 @maydaymindy9

Calling Himself a “Genius” is like calling Jeff Sessions a Civil Rights Activist ... @realDonaldTrump

by Anonymousreply 338January 6, 2018 1:49 PM

Proof, as if we needed it, that there is no situation so bad that Donald Trump can't make worse for himself.

by Anonymousreply 339January 6, 2018 2:02 PM

Let's face it, he was never qualified to be President and it was a shock to him and his entire team when he actually won. What we're dealing with now is the fallout of one of the most unqualified people to ever make it to the White House.

by Anonymousreply 340January 6, 2018 2:46 PM

[quote]Let's face it, he was never qualified to be President and it was a shock to him and his entire team when he actually won.

A depressing illustration of the stupidity of the American people that they would actually elect him. Make no mistake, this is on us.

by Anonymousreply 341January 6, 2018 2:48 PM

Among many attributes which won Obama the Noble Peace Prize was that he wasn't George W Bush.

Whichever Democrat follows DJT into The White House should be high on the Swedish Academy's list. If only for facing the Herculean task of making America sane again.

by Anonymousreply 342January 6, 2018 2:51 PM

I think the Republicans are going to try and find a way to get rid of him. Maybe they'll use ill health to try and make him resign.

by Anonymousreply 343January 6, 2018 2:55 PM

[quote]Ironic considering she's practically a shill for him, defending him on Twitter nearly every day.

I love that Maggie has to stew in the knowledge that she's played apologist for Trump (and Hillary-hate monger), and "he's not into you girl". Dumbass

by Anonymousreply 344January 6, 2018 3:02 PM

[quote]A depressing illustration of the stupidity of the American people that they would actually elect him. Make no mistake, this is on us.

Truth fairy speaks the truth. Sure the Russian machinations helped, and sure Hillary reminded a bunch of people with mommy complexes of mommy, but at the end of the day.

The american people have proven to have TERRIBLE judgment.

All the facts about this guy and his history were known.

by Anonymousreply 345January 6, 2018 3:04 PM

In not interested in reading the book since we've heard all the good parts but for $15 on Amazon for the kindle edition I bought it just for the satisfaction of saying trump can't tell us what we can and cannot read.

by Anonymousreply 346January 6, 2018 3:09 PM

I have to confess to being a bit puzzled by the reaction to the book. While there have been a few new tidbits, the basic story the book is telling has been well known for months, hasn't it? We have already had multiple stories about his attention span, his inability to grasp policy, his unwarranted high opinion of his own capabilities, his narcissism, his ignorance, the warring factions in the White House and campaign caused by his lack of leadership, the poor opinion of Trump from those who work closely with him. Hell, Daniel Drezner has a whole series of tweets on the topic of:

[quote]I'll believe that Trump is growing into the presidency when his staff stops treating him like a toddler.

Is it just that it's all laid out in one place? Or was there really something new that I'm missing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347January 6, 2018 3:10 PM

The author intends to make One. Million. Dollars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348January 6, 2018 3:47 PM

LOL... That's your new line of attack, R348? And this is bad because?

Of course he will: the book is selling out all over the world. That's what happens when you have a good story to tell.

by Anonymousreply 349January 6, 2018 3:49 PM

[quote]That's what happens when you have a good story to tell.

Like the story about Saddam Hussein and his vast arsenal of WMDs.

by Anonymousreply 350January 6, 2018 3:52 PM

I don't understand the whinging about his treatment in the media, what did he expect. I think in his business dealings he was always able to walk away without having to deal with the full consequences of his actions. However, politics in Washington are a completely different world, he's being held to account for his incompetence and the poor little man-baby can't handle it. The fact he's never held a political office before must have made his exposure to real media scrutiny all the more jarring. None of this is going away anytime soon, everything he's ever done in his life both business and personal will now be gone over with a fine-tooth comb. He really should have thought the whole thing through properly, ascending to the highest political office in the land has opened him up to intense scrutiny that neither he nor his family will ever be able to recover from. The real irony here is if he entered into this to promote his brand the fallout may well end up destroying it.

by Anonymousreply 351January 6, 2018 3:56 PM

[quote]The real irony here is if he entered into this to promote his brand the fallout may well end up destroying it.

Yeah - the way it destroyed the stock market. I hope you listened to all the economic experts who told you to sell your stocks because the market would never recover from a Trump win.

by Anonymousreply 352January 6, 2018 3:59 PM

I’ll even go so far as to say the publisher new Trump would react and planned to move the release date up from the start.

And I say good for them. At this point, anything that hurts Trump helps America.

by Anonymousreply 353January 6, 2018 3:59 PM

In an explosive new tell-all book published by former Secret Service Uniform Division Officer Gary J. Byrne, a UD Officer was nearly killed in a car accident one night as Bill Clinton tried to sneak over to a ‘lady friend’s’ house.

Bill Clinton was so sex crazed that he got caught sneaking out of the White House one night with a raincoat over his head. This freak almost made it into the White House again. Let that sink in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354January 6, 2018 4:01 PM

I bought it in the hopes that being a huge best seller will boil Trumps blood.

by Anonymousreply 355January 6, 2018 4:03 PM

Man that right-wing troll at r354 has been going crazy all over this thread. Poor thing is melting down.

Anyway, guess I've gone long enough without ignoring you.

by Anonymousreply 356January 6, 2018 4:05 PM

Why the fuck do you think we give a shit about the Clintons?

by Anonymousreply 357January 6, 2018 4:09 PM

I'd love it if Ivanka or whoever dyes his hair exchanged the normal colour he uses for something in bright pink or green without him noticing. Can you just imagine the Orange unwrapping the towel for a rinse and repeat only to look in the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 358January 6, 2018 4:09 PM

I'm guessing American traitor

by Anonymousreply 359January 6, 2018 4:11 PM

[quote]Why the fuck do you think we give a shit about the Clintons?

We know the Clintons' repeated trips to Pedophile Island with their close friend Jeffrey Epstein is of no interest to you, but millions really do care.

Pizzagate is what cost Hillary the election in the last week of the campaign, not James Comey.

by Anonymousreply 360January 6, 2018 4:12 PM

And he’s still bloviating

by Anonymousreply 361January 6, 2018 4:14 PM

Mitt Romney was the zodiac killer and he almost made in too.

by Anonymousreply 362January 6, 2018 4:18 PM

[quote]We know the Clintons' repeated trips to Pedophile Island with their close friend Jeffrey Epstein is of no interest to you, but millions really do care.

Trump is good friends with Epstein too. Do millions care about that?

[quote]Pizzagate is what cost Hillary the election in the last week of the campaign, not James Comey.

Pizzagate was a bunch of shit that only dumbass, low IQ Trumpanzees believed

by Anonymousreply 363January 6, 2018 4:19 PM

[quote]Pizzagate was a bunch of shit that only dumbass, low IQ Trumpanzees believed

Much like Wolff's book. Except that Pizzagate got Trump elected while this book won't get him ousted.

by Anonymousreply 364January 6, 2018 4:21 PM

[quote]Much like Wolff's book.

Great gossip. Ordered my copy of the hardback.

[quote]Except that Pizzagate got Trump elected while this book won't get him ousted.

No, pizzagate had nothing to do with it, troll, unless you are admitting that everyone who voted Trump is dumbass, low IQ 'tard.

by Anonymousreply 365January 6, 2018 4:27 PM

According to his latest tweet he's "mentally stable and a really smart genius".

by Anonymousreply 366January 6, 2018 4:27 PM

[quote]In an explosive new tell-all book published by former Secret Service Uniform Division Officer Gary J. Byrne

Oh, you poor thing ... resorting to links about an ex-President from the site of someone often cited as "the dumbest person on the Internet?" That has to suck....

by Anonymousreply 367January 6, 2018 4:57 PM

So what R348? How many billions do you think Trump and all of his cronies are going to make off of the backs of the American people they have lied to and screwed? At least Wolff is giving us some bang for our bucks. He's earned it.

by Anonymousreply 368January 6, 2018 4:58 PM

[quote]Much like Wolff's book. Except that Pizzagate got Trump elected while this book won't get him ousted.

LOL... I love the smell of desperation....

The major thrust of the information in Wolff's book has been confirmed by multiple news organizations. And no, "Pizzagate" had jack shit to do with Trump getting elected, mostly because it was so ludicrously stupid that few people believed it.

by Anonymousreply 369January 6, 2018 4:58 PM

[quote]Is it just that it's all laid out in one place?

Yes. It's the go-to anthology of first-year insanity. People want both to recall it all in a continuous narrative; and support Wolff's admirable efforts with their time and money.

In a way this is another popular vote which can't be hacked. Check out the numbers, Trumpy.

by Anonymousreply 370January 6, 2018 4:58 PM

[quote]Man that right-wing troll at R354 has been going crazy all over this thread. Poor thing is melting down.

Yeah, and so desperately and pathetically, too. It's not just that R354 is trolling here, it's that the trolling is just so damn [italic]stupid[/italic]. God, I wish we had better trolls.

by Anonymousreply 371January 6, 2018 5:00 PM

OMG! Bill Clinton liked having sex! Lock him up!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 372January 6, 2018 5:02 PM

Is it our favorite LV hotel maid? She was obsessed with Pizzagate and started some hilariously nonsensical thread a few weeks ago. She really believes it, along with the Epstein/underaged girl thing.

by Anonymousreply 373January 6, 2018 5:04 PM

There's really no way to be completely sure, R373. There's just no way to tell the difference between someone writing stupid shit because they're genuinely stupid, or because they're blindly partisan, or because they're a sociopathic troll, or because they're a paid provocateur. Honestly, it doesn't really matter: either way you end up with stupid shit.

I will say that this particular troll is one of the dumbest we've seen here.

by Anonymousreply 374January 6, 2018 5:27 PM

R347, it's all encompassing. Wolff has ripped into his family dynamic, his view of his wife, the way he treats his sons, the way he speaks to Jared. He has told of Trump's daily routine (which closely resembles that of a teenager) and he tapes to back up most of his claims.

Lastly, I know we're all aware of his inflated sense of self, etc, but this book has laid bare all of his inadequacies and idiosyncrasies and the astonishing part is it's about a sitting POTUS. And the even more astonishing part is his staff, instead of trying to protect him, threw him under the bus with nary a thought. It is truly unprecedented.

by Anonymousreply 375January 6, 2018 6:43 PM

I remember seeing Trump's face when he won. He was in shock. He didn't want to win, he just wanted to make a lot of money, get uber-famous and start up Trump TV with Steve Bannon.

by Anonymousreply 376January 6, 2018 6:47 PM

she is a trophy wife. just an "item" to him, not important. many women in her circle are like her, they don't see their husbands every day. it's common, nothing unusual.

He is a child for sure.

Now he says he is genius, which makes him even dumber in my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 377January 6, 2018 7:04 PM

He must be shaking in fury, you know his senile, fragile ego can't take public humiliation.

by Anonymousreply 378January 6, 2018 7:47 PM

Trump has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. This criticism will destroy him. His psyche is very fragile.

by Anonymousreply 379January 6, 2018 8:30 PM

R378 It's like watching a troll getting trolled for all to see. If Wolff is lying, he's just lying about a liar, so the irony of it all.

by Anonymousreply 380January 6, 2018 8:39 PM

They can't print the book fast enough to keep up with the demand. His "like, really smart genius" only served to double the sales.

Some of the defenders here are so crazy I'm guessing they are joking, and yet they are relentless

by Anonymousreply 381January 6, 2018 8:48 PM

[quote]Some of the defenders here are so crazy I'm guessing they are joking, and yet they are relentless

No. They're really not crazy. They're coming to the realization that they did indeed make a mistake in supporting Trump. Trump's mental state isn't anything new. It was quite evident from the very beginning. However, his supporters dismissed it but will now have to face the reason(s) that they supported him was because of their own bigotry, racism, greed, and whatever else. Self-reflection is hard when you have to look at yourself and realize that you helped create a mess and why you participated in it.

by Anonymousreply 382January 6, 2018 10:01 PM

I was just at Barnes & Noble. People in line were asking about the book. Their SOLD OUT!

by Anonymousreply 383January 6, 2018 10:11 PM

Everybody is sold out! Ergo, the publisher;

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384January 6, 2018 10:14 PM

You've got to hand it to Wolff, the way he and his publishers have played this out has ensured it will make a fortune. There's lots of people who are simply buying the book because of Trump's attempt to get it stopped. He must have known how he would react, and the publicity surrounding it has made the book a bestseller.

by Anonymousreply 385January 6, 2018 10:17 PM

Why do people pay money for some trashy journalist's trash-talk about a capitalist who's very INEXPERIENCED in the job.

The Americans voted for a man who didn't belong in the Washington Bubble and they got it.

If you don't like the situation ask that the constitution be changed.

This guy could have been the same —

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386January 6, 2018 10:22 PM

Does it say anything about Sarah Huckabee

by Anonymousreply 387January 6, 2018 10:25 PM

Hmm... maybe, R385. But, this book only confirms what people were talking about or might have known or felt for over a year now. There's nothing new.

So! Some might ask why didn't "Clinton Cash" perform similarly? In my opinion it is because although Republicans were able cause many people to look at Clinton with some trepidation it didn't score the goal. People know that the right-wing have been after Clinton for nearly 30 years and got nothing. Trump complains about this "witch hunt" that has lasted only a year and has cost a fortune. Hmm... nearly 30 years versus 1 year? The money expended to ceaselessly investigate the Clintons versus the money spent on investigating Trump? NO COMPARISON!

by Anonymousreply 388January 6, 2018 10:27 PM

[quote]The Americans voted for a man who didn't belong in the Washington Bubble and they got it.

Americans voted for Hillary Clinton. The electoral college gave us Trump...

by Anonymousreply 389January 6, 2018 10:29 PM

Very true, r386. Ross Perot's whole election campaign was basically built on the allegation that America had left POWs behind in Vietnam. He gained significant support and could have made it under different circumstances. A lot of modern commentators like to dismiss his chances but Trump has proved that it can happen.

by Anonymousreply 390January 6, 2018 10:33 PM

R385, I was just reading some of the reviews at Amazon and the majority said they bought the book because Trump tried to stop its release. As for the early release, I doubt that was planned because Amazon was caught short on the promised delivery date. I don't think anyone who wants to make a buck would fuck with Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 391January 6, 2018 10:36 PM

Poo Shoes is running amok in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 392January 6, 2018 10:36 PM

R390 We need to change the constitution.

by Anonymousreply 393January 6, 2018 10:39 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394January 6, 2018 10:50 PM

R391: I think Wolff planned a hatchet job on Trump from the start. He knew what would happen when it came out and the publicity that would ensue. Trump is predictable, all the information he's given might already be known but the public was always going to eat it up, especially if Trump reacted in his predictable fashion.

by Anonymousreply 395January 6, 2018 10:52 PM

Fake reviews about a book filled with fake quotes and incidents. Makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 396January 6, 2018 10:54 PM

[quote][R391]: I think Wolff planned a hatchet job on Trump from the start.

LOL! It was money sitting there for the taking!

by Anonymousreply 397January 6, 2018 10:55 PM

[quote]Americans voted for Hillary Clinton.

No, Americans who VOTED, gave Hillary the popular vote. Trump won the actual presidency.

Who the people who didn't vote wanted to win, we don't know. But my guess is Trump.

by Anonymousreply 398January 6, 2018 10:57 PM

[quote]They're coming to the realization that they did indeed make a mistake in supporting Trump.

If Trump doesn’t succeed in building the wall and cracking down on illegal aliens, his supporters will be less happy than they are now with the economy and the picks for the judiciary.

by Anonymousreply 399January 6, 2018 10:58 PM

R397: Yep, and only a dumb cunt like Trump would have fallen for it. I can't see Obama or even Bush letting something like this happening to them.

by Anonymousreply 400January 6, 2018 10:58 PM

[quote]No, Americans who VOTED, gave Hillary the popular vote. Trump won the actual presidency.

And that is the only thing that counts, R398.

[quote]Who the people who didn't vote wanted to win, we don't know. But my guess is Trump.

How did you reach that conclusion especially since his approval rating has been underwater since the very beginning?

by Anonymousreply 401January 6, 2018 11:01 PM

IF you’re gonna copy/paste from DM please just copy the body and not the repeating teasers. Who has the time to read the same thing five times in a row.

by Anonymousreply 402January 6, 2018 11:02 PM

This was super ballsy of Mr Wolff. Is he not worried about the secret police?

by Anonymousreply 403January 6, 2018 11:04 PM

Here's the true stable genius:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404January 6, 2018 11:07 PM

[quote]Again I ask, if Trump didn't want to become president, then why would he collude with Russia in order to do so?

Correctly asked. It makes no sense. There was no collusion.

But it's too difficult a question to answer for all these alt-left snowflakes, SJWs, and safe space cry babies. Plus the Clinton Foundation and Soros troll farm trolls frequenting these internet forums. Now they need a new manual of what to write.

by Anonymousreply 405January 6, 2018 11:08 PM

408 Wolff Isn't "ballsy". He's a money-grubbing Jewish nobody who would produced filth about Hillary if he was given a bigger cheque

by Anonymousreply 406January 6, 2018 11:10 PM

Trump wanted to curry favor with Putin and the Russians. And he probably encouraged his family to do the same. Has there been any evidence or any account where Trump said stop engaging with foreign governments? No.

His ultimate goal was to get rich - either through being President or through corrupt business deals. He didn’t expect to win but he was most certainly trying.

by Anonymousreply 407January 6, 2018 11:15 PM

No. It isn't a difficult question to answer, R405. Trump LOVED the race. He had no plans. He had no position papers. He simply loved the race and wanted to win the race by any means necessary. Trump's running for president has always been nothing more than a marketing ploy to keep his name and brand in the papers. He too read the polls, (and was quite aware of Hillary being proclaimed the defacto President) but wanted to put on a good show. There is plenty of evidence about how Trump was using his campaign to make money and expand his brand. But then... he actually won.

OOPS!

by Anonymousreply 408January 6, 2018 11:15 PM

I think there was collusion, Trump wanted to do well but the people under him wanted it more. The whole things a mess and maybe Trump was just a useful idiot. A lot of the GOP were never happy with Trump gaining the nomination but they rallied behind him and I think that's when the Russians got serious. Trump and his family are definitely mixed up with the whole thing but it probably snowballed over time.

by Anonymousreply 409January 6, 2018 11:18 PM

[quote]Why do people pay money for some trashy journalist's trash-talk about a capitalist who's very INEXPERIENCED in the job.

Because the journalist's accounts have mostly been confirmed. As for the "INEXPERIENCE," perhaps that "capitalist" should have considered that before he ran, particularly, since this wasn't the first time he had run for President and he has now had a full year on the job, as well as nearly two years of campaigning for it. I should also add that everyone who takes on the role of President is INEXPERIENCED.

[quote]The Americans voted for a man who didn't belong in the Washington Bubble and they got it.

Uh-huh, and now we're seeing the results and they're not pretty.

[quote]If you don't like the situation ask that the constitution be changed.

What has the Constitution got to do with it? The criticism of Trump is legitimate and is allowed under the First Amendment. Get a grip, you drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 410January 6, 2018 11:18 PM

[quote]He simply loved the race

Not to mention all of the publicity, attention, and adulation he got. His idea of being President was pretty much to run it as a reality show. The real work is done behind the scenes while the star just has to go out and look pretty.

There really isn't any conflict here: there have been multiple stories that he was using his Presidential run as a means of enriching himself. That doesn't mean that he can't take advantage of a "helping hand" if it's offered, particularly if doing so has the potential to put one over on Obama and Clinton.

And if it was a very close race, which it was, then he gets to go into full grievance mode, which is where his comfort zone is, and insist that he would have won if the election weren't "rigged." In fact, that is exactly what he was claiming right up to the moment he won.

by Anonymousreply 411January 6, 2018 11:22 PM

One of the White House domestic staff has just tweeted that Trump wears y fronts and they had skid marks.

by Anonymousreply 412January 6, 2018 11:26 PM

R410 I'm suggesting the Constitution be changed to stop amateurs like Perot and Trump get in the White House.

I thought the Constitution stated we are Free and Equal and a boy born in a log cabin can get into the White House

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413January 6, 2018 11:28 PM

You can't, R413; there is no way to change the Constitution to keep out "INEXPERIENCED" people and "amateurs."

And given that your command of English appears to be somewhat less-than-stellar, I'm guessing that you're just another garden-variety troll here to stir up shit.

by Anonymousreply 414January 6, 2018 11:33 PM

R414 You can insult me all you want but how can we stop the bulk of Americans voting in another AMATEUR president after the current one?

by Anonymousreply 415January 6, 2018 11:36 PM

See, R414, R415. It's exactly the same response.

by Anonymousreply 416January 6, 2018 11:38 PM

Au contraire - Keeping out the obviously unfit is supposed to be the job of the Electoral College

by Anonymousreply 417January 6, 2018 11:39 PM

R417 so the Electoral College kept Hillary out.

by Anonymousreply 418January 6, 2018 11:41 PM

So it didn't work. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 419January 6, 2018 11:41 PM

[quote]but how can we stop the bulk of Americans voting in another AMATEUR president after the current one?

Getting rid of the Conservative Entertainment Media would be a great start! Here's the thing...well, in my opinion anyway... the TRUE Conservative voice is a needed one. However, the Conservative Entertainment Media is more concerned with winning and controlling thought. What is the famous quote by Roger Aisles? "You don't ask people to think. You tell them what to think."

by Anonymousreply 420January 6, 2018 11:44 PM

There's an excepted path into politics and then higher office, politicians like Clinton, Obama and even Reagan and Bush gained valuable experience in how the system worked before they campaigned for the nomination. Trump is completely inexperienced, he probably has no idea how anything is done in Washington. He's never held any elected office whatsoever and is completely unsuited for the position, how is this moron going to react if a real world crisis happens on his watch. There needs to be an amendment that bars people like Trump from higher office as they are danger to the country.

by Anonymousreply 421January 6, 2018 11:45 PM

You can't, R421; there is no way to change the Constitution to keep out "INEXPERIENCED" people and "amateurs.

by Anonymousreply 422January 6, 2018 11:49 PM

You could make "public service" a prerequisite; say four years in elected office at either the state or federal level.

by Anonymousreply 423January 6, 2018 11:52 PM

The funniest thing is that the book shows what an asshole trump is, yet it's Bannon whose career got destroyed by it.

by Anonymousreply 424January 6, 2018 11:54 PM

But, that's not how our country works, R421. The Constitution purposely allows a person to be eligible for President who comes from and will represent the people. Now... objectively speaking, Trump was supposed to be that such person. The problem is that you have all of the other outside noise that influences this, for example FOX. and also voter apathy.

by Anonymousreply 425January 6, 2018 11:55 PM

🇺🇸 A Great Day For America.

👲 And A Bad Day For Trumpty Dumpty.

by Anonymousreply 426January 6, 2018 11:55 PM

R423 That sounds like a good idea.

I like what the English are discussing and that is a ban on billionaires funding massive dumb advertising campaigns.

by Anonymousreply 427January 6, 2018 11:56 PM

Well, yes. The first thing that must be done is repeal Citizens United. Until we get big (and anonymous) money out of politics, it’s just going to be more of the same.

by Anonymousreply 428January 6, 2018 11:58 PM

My but the Trumpanzees are sounding triggered tonight.

by Anonymousreply 429January 6, 2018 11:58 PM

One of the funniest things I read was were Trump was constantly haranguing Bannon over his clothes and hygiene. I mean, Bannon might not give a shit but being called out like that must have pissed him off.

by Anonymousreply 430January 7, 2018 12:00 AM

[quote]My but the Trumpanzees are sounding triggered tonight.

Because this is very serious. The Trump Administration has been irreparably damaged... in my opinion. I cannot see Trump coming back from this. Republicans will want him to continue on with their agenda--which is very unpopular and if you thought that THE PEOPLE were protesting before? You ain't seen NOTHING yet. The Administration could barely get people to work in the White House before. Now? LOL!!!

by Anonymousreply 431January 7, 2018 12:04 AM

It's being reported that he, (Trump), is REALLY bouncing off of the walls at Camp David.

by Anonymousreply 432January 7, 2018 12:06 AM

This blame and investigate Hillary is the Trump and Republican cohorts strategy to deflect and project. She lost over a year ago and most people see it for what this effort really is.

Sessions felt necessary to oblige them to relieve pressure on himself. These are desperate people doing despicable acts.

by Anonymousreply 433January 7, 2018 12:22 AM

Just wait until the Republicans start dropping "selective" findings of the investigation.

by Anonymousreply 434January 7, 2018 12:24 AM

What is so great is that this book makes money without him getting a single dime. You just know that this hurts him the most.

by Anonymousreply 435January 7, 2018 12:26 AM

You did say anyone could be President:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436January 7, 2018 12:27 AM

If those cowardly, honcho Republicans collectively confronted Trump at Camp David and told him the gig is up; then perhaps within them there is a tad of integrity. But no, they won't do anything like that.

by Anonymousreply 437January 7, 2018 12:29 AM

[quote]If those cowardly, honcho Republicans collectively confronted Trump at Camp David and told him the gig is up; then perhaps within them there is a tad of integrity.

LOL!!!! Today's republicans have no integrity!

Just look at this Sam Nunberg who has been ALL OVER the television! He's just making things worse!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438January 7, 2018 12:34 AM

Are you kidding, Trump is perfect stooge for those rotten assholes. Reagan may have been senile but he still had moments of clarity through the Alzheimer's, Trump's just an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 439January 7, 2018 12:34 AM

In an explosive new tell-all book published by former Continental Army Guard Officer Nathaniel Whimpole, a Continental light dragoon was nearly killed when his horse threw him one night as George Washington tried to sneak over to a ‘lady friend’s’ house.

Washington was so crazed for the card game quadrille that he got caught sneaking out of the White House one night with a lady’s rain vestment over his head. This jack a nape almost made it into the White House again. Let that sink in.

by Anonymousreply 440January 7, 2018 12:36 AM

R394, that's impossible to read. Why don't you clean up your copy/paste jobs before hitting the POST button?

by Anonymousreply 441January 7, 2018 12:41 AM

A book like this has hobbled the administration during midterm year and beyond. It has energized his opponents, and demoralized some of his supporters (because it exposes OPEN secrets).

A book like this released during, say, the 2020 Presidential election year would have certainly aided in his loss. It may aid in him not running for a 2nd term at all (provided he isn't removed or steps down before)

by Anonymousreply 442January 7, 2018 12:48 AM

R440 Is this satire or genuine gossip about Washington?

by Anonymousreply 443January 7, 2018 12:53 AM

Nunberg sounds gleefully drunk in that interview...or does he always sound like that?

by Anonymousreply 444January 7, 2018 12:57 AM

If you’d hitched your star to Trump's wagon, wouldn’t you be drinking about now?

by Anonymousreply 445January 7, 2018 12:59 AM

In an explosive new interview White House chief usher Timothy Harleth talked exclusively to The Wall Street Journal. He claims President Trump didn't trust anyone to handle his personal items and made it the personal prerogative of Harleth to handle his personal needs. Harleth sensationally claims trump both pissed and shit the bed and he was given strict instructions to make sure this was kept top secret.

Harleth States: "it was my job to enter the Presidents bedroom first thing in the morning, as soon as Trump had risen from bed I had to strip the sheets and bundle the whole lot up in heavy duty garden sacks." Harleth claims the soiled bed linen is then smuggled secretly into the basement, were the sheets are safely disposed of in the White House furnace.

by Anonymousreply 446January 7, 2018 1:00 AM

The Harleth Disclosure, by Robert Ludlum

by Anonymousreply 447January 7, 2018 1:03 AM

This Gringo is NEVER, EVER gonna get his freaking wall, unless HE pays for it himself.

by Anonymousreply 448January 7, 2018 1:03 AM

Trump showed poor judgment in people from start to finish. How did Wolff get access to the WH in the first place? Let's face it... he's an incompetent old fool. His enablers here and in Russia got him his narrow "win" with dirty tricks and criminal acts, and since he was aware of all the shady dealing, his "win" is on shaky ground and so is his legitimacy. You can see the effect of his popular vote loss in his sinking approval ratings and his inability to rally anyone except the greedy rich and that shrinking pool of deplorables. No president who actually has a popular mandate or at least can act like a rational human being would flounder this badly.

by Anonymousreply 449January 7, 2018 1:14 AM

But, r449, he’s a very stable genius....

by Anonymousreply 450January 7, 2018 1:18 AM

R450 But everyone with a brain reads that as unstable moron.

by Anonymousreply 451January 7, 2018 1:20 AM

I don't really blame Wolff, it was a golden opportunity, he simply played along till he got what he needed. What I can't understand is why some of his staff didn't see this coming and put a stop to it. Does Trump refuse to listen to their advice?

by Anonymousreply 452January 7, 2018 1:20 AM

The whole thing is just so whack-a-doodle. Donald Trump, POTUS and the whole world standing in line to buy a book that confirms what pretty much everybody in the world knows, that he is unfit to be the president of anything.

The GOP should be executed for destroying the US' reputation for decades in favor of their own selfish greed.

by Anonymousreply 453January 7, 2018 1:32 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454January 7, 2018 1:32 AM

From that pic, Nolte would make and interesting Trump....

by Anonymousreply 455January 7, 2018 1:37 AM

The GOP Talking points!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456January 7, 2018 1:38 AM

Gary Busey IS Donald Trump. Just don't tell him who he is playing while filming him.

by Anonymousreply 457January 7, 2018 1:39 AM

The man is a stable genius, who knows maybe this all some kind long-term game plan.

by Anonymousreply 458January 7, 2018 1:40 AM

A stable genius because he knows how to sneak in at night to roger the horses.

by Anonymousreply 459January 7, 2018 1:42 AM

Leave us out of it

by Anonymousreply 460January 7, 2018 1:44 AM

I am sure the entire world let out a sigh of relief when Donald Trump assured the public, through Twitter, that he is sane after all.

by Anonymousreply 461January 7, 2018 1:44 AM

Gary Busey really is the perfect person to play Trump as he matches him on an intellectual level. When he had that motorcycle accident Busey's head went front first through a car windshield and he lost part of his frontal lobe as a result. He also wears dental implants and has a steel plate in his head all due to the accident. Busey is also bald as a cue ball and wears a full on wig. The similarities are striking and I for one would definitely endorse Busey to play the role of President Trump.

by Anonymousreply 462January 7, 2018 1:55 AM

R449: He's floundering because he's completely out of his league. He has absolutely no idea what he's doing and all jokes aside it should be of serious concern to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 463January 7, 2018 2:02 AM

And indeed why should he have any idea what he’s doing? He has never spent one day of his life in elected office or as a public servant — not even as town dog catcher. And he has no familiarity with public affairs or government.

And we elected him to the highest office in the country.

by Anonymousreply 464January 7, 2018 2:07 AM

Trump is a village idiot and what's worse is that people humor his "I can do that, I am smart!" to further their own agenda. And this problem will not be solved by getting rid of Trump alone. Those who put guys like Trump in positions of power need to be dealt with as well.

by Anonymousreply 465January 7, 2018 2:07 AM

[quote]Those who put guys like Trump in positions of power need to be dealt with as well.

Sixty-three million people are a lot to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 466January 7, 2018 2:12 AM

[quote]Those who put guys like Trump in positions of power need to be dealt with as well.

[quote]Sixty-three million people are a lot to deal with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467January 7, 2018 2:15 AM

He’s floundering because he’s a fish out of water.....

by Anonymousreply 468January 7, 2018 2:33 AM

He's floundering because he's suffering from dementia. It's obvious. By now I'd guess close to half the country has seen dementia in their own families. They'll recognize it in him, given the chance. Some will never admit to what they see.

by Anonymousreply 469January 7, 2018 2:42 AM

I don't think it's dementia. This is a full blown temper tantrum of a man-child who got his way for way too long and now has to actually face and deal with opposition and the fact that people question his "greatest man who ever lived" belief.

It's like a black mirror episode of what happens to a child who grew up with "gold star sticker" praise all of his life and now has to deal with people saying "no" "Sorry, but I don't like you very much" to him and no longer getting away with stuff he got away with in the past.

by Anonymousreply 470January 7, 2018 2:57 AM

Would someone with dementia really be focused enough to be constantly tweeting?

by Anonymousreply 471January 7, 2018 3:02 AM

He may have light senility, but moreso I think he is just a bad combination of intellectual lightweight and large, fragile ego.

by Anonymousreply 472January 7, 2018 3:07 AM

In the early stages, R471, it's entirely possible.

by Anonymousreply 473January 7, 2018 3:24 AM

i think he knows at least a little about how things are built. He had to deal with local governments, state and federal about his buildings, etc. so he knows a tiny bit. he's not 100% clueless.

by Anonymousreply 474January 7, 2018 4:08 AM

I don't believe for a second that the guy in said what he said to the wall street journal, where is the link?

by Anonymousreply 475January 7, 2018 4:08 AM

WSJ is a Murdoch paper

by Anonymousreply 476January 7, 2018 4:22 AM

[quote] I don't believe for a second that the guy in said what he said to the wall street journal, where is the link?

You're right. The post about shitting the bed did not pass the smell test. Here's the background of the Timothy Harleth (the guy who supposedly revealed those very personal details about Trump) and how he is a trusted Trump employee who was hired to replace regular White House staff.

[quote] June 23, 2017-- First lady Melania Trump said Friday that she’s hired Timothy Harleth, a top employee at Trump International Hotel in Washington, to be the new White House chief usher. Mr. Harleth replaces Angella Reid, an Obama holdover and the first woman to hold the post, who was dismissed in May. “I am so pleased that Timothy will be joining our team,” Mrs. Trump said in a statement. “He was selected because of his impressive work history and management skills. My husband and I know he will be successful in this vital role within the White House.”

Trump may or may not be incontinent, but I doubt this employee revealed any such thing to the Wall Street Journal. So prove us wrong with a link.

by Anonymousreply 477January 7, 2018 5:06 AM

Dear god, the Harleth thing was obviously (not very clever) satire.

Quit aRemembers sking for links. It makes you look dumb.

by Anonymousreply 478January 7, 2018 8:27 AM

Speaking of looking dumb, here's my post without the "Posted by" tag in the middle of the post. I blame DL lag.

[quote]Dear god, the Harleth thing was obviously (not very clever) satire.

[quote]Quit asking for links. It makes you look dumb.

[quote]—Remembers when DL'ers got parody

by Anonymousreply 479January 7, 2018 8:29 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480January 7, 2018 8:43 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481January 7, 2018 8:50 AM

The stable and very smart-Genuis Trump and his staffers let a journalist have open access, who was going to write a book about them. If this is not UNBELIEVABLY STUPID, I do not know what it? It was not just trump, but also the Republican Party. These people are fucking dangerous and unbelievably stupid. It is just unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 482January 7, 2018 12:59 PM

Trump and the Republican Party think they control everything and everyone and then act all shocked when they learn that's not the case. Over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 483January 7, 2018 1:02 PM

I don't think he's mentally unfit, per se, but clearly the stress of doing this job (and being answerable for his actions for the first time in his life) is taking its toll on his already fevered little mind. He's gonna blow and it's going to be something to see.

by Anonymousreply 484January 7, 2018 1:06 PM

[quote]Sixty-three million people are a lot to deal with.

They were just stupid pawns in this. Let them go back into their miserable existences.

Anyway, they'll suffer enough from the Orange Loon’s policies, we don’t need to punish them any more.

by Anonymousreply 485January 7, 2018 1:11 PM

I'm surprised Ammon Bundy isn't a DL Fave...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486January 7, 2018 1:27 PM

At Camp David, trump is demanding money from the republican congress to build a wall in exchange for his support of massive GUTS to social security, medicare and medicaid. This book has done nothing to stop the Republican Agenda. The Republicans are the problem.

Register to vote NOW.

Vote Dem (progressive) in the November 2018 mid-term elections. But, you have to join the progressive movement now, so you are not confused by campaign ads. We, also, do not want a republican in dem clothing, in office. Know the backstory and commit to progressive policy (democratic policy), before you vote. Also, you may want to help the progressive in your state/district get elected.

by Anonymousreply 487January 7, 2018 1:29 PM

This morning's pearls...

I’ve had to put up with the Fake News from the first day I announced that I would be running for President. Now I have to put up with a Fake Book, written by a totally discredited author. Ronald Reagan had the same problem and handled it well. So will I!

by Anonymousreply 488January 7, 2018 2:03 PM

Ronald Reagan didn’t publicly whine about his “problems”.

by Anonymousreply 489January 7, 2018 2:07 PM

"Washington's growing obsession: The 25th Amendment"

[quote]“We believe that he is now further unraveling in ways that contribute to his belligerent nuclear threats. ... We urge that those around him, and our elected representatives in general, take urgent steps to restrain his behavior and head off the potential nuclear catastrophe that endangers not only Korea and the United States but all of humankind.” The statement, released on behalf of the National Coalition of Concerned Mental Health Experts, was signed by more than 100 medical professionals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490January 7, 2018 2:13 PM

One thing we still don’t know about are Trump’s toilet habits, and I don’t mean peeing. When is an insider going to be brave enough to lift the lid?

by Anonymousreply 491January 7, 2018 2:15 PM

I bet they stage a fake assassination attempt to drum up sympathy for trump and to "prove" there is an anti-trump Deep State plot run by democrats

by Anonymousreply 492January 7, 2018 2:39 PM

If entrusted to his book-contributing staff insiders, that attempt will go wondrfully wrong.

by Anonymousreply 493January 7, 2018 2:52 PM

[quote]I bet they stage a fake assassination attempt to drum up sympathy for trump and to "prove" there is an anti-trump Deep State plot run by democrats

That wouldn't surprise me either.

But, I think that the Democrats, (or whomever), are running the risks of pushing the envelope too far. Now, Trump has to go but I think they should REALLY concentrate on the negative consequences of his decisions and the chaos in the White House rather than focusing so heavily on the 25th Amendment and impeachment at this point.

by Anonymousreply 494January 7, 2018 2:53 PM

There is nothing wrong with doing both and, by all accounts, Congressional Democrats are more focused on the former than they are the latter.

by Anonymousreply 495January 7, 2018 2:55 PM

[quote]I cannot see Trump coming back from this.

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard this ...

I don't think this book will change one thing -- Republican lawmakers know he's unfit for office, they've known it since day one and decided to cover for him so they could advance their agenda. There's certainly nothing in this book that's inconsistent with what's been said in non-Fox/Breitbart media for the past year.

by Anonymousreply 496January 7, 2018 3:02 PM

[quote]If I had a nickel for every time I've heard this ...

That's true but that is where Democrats are stupid and Republicans are smart. Democrats assume that the electorate is smart whereas Republicans assume, and correctly so, that it is dumb. Democrats need to take a play from Republicans and hit a home run with it. All the Republicans do is find a theme or catch phrase and use it with repetition.

Trump could survive this if the right-wing plays it right. However, Democrats, (and the nation) could easily win this if they don't focus so heavily on impeachment or the 25th but also consider that an option is to neutralize him. Make him SO ineffective that he can get nothing done.

by Anonymousreply 497January 7, 2018 3:14 PM

[quote] But, you have to join the progressive movement now, so you are not confused by campaign ads. We, also, do not want a republican in dem clothing, in office. Know the backstory and commit to progressive policy (democratic policy), before you vote.

Exactly. I don’t want fake progressives, like Bernie Sanders who is in the pocket of the NRA, or who doesn’t support Democratic candidates who actually win in states like Alabama *for the greater good* and whose Russia-associate campaign manager hacked the DNC, or fake progressives like deeply homophobic Tulsi Gabbard, or fake progressives like genocide-denying misogynists like Cenk Agyur or Nomiki Konst, or Linda Sarsour. Fake progressives all, enabling Trump and his bedfellow Putin.

by Anonymousreply 498January 7, 2018 3:54 PM

So now he's invoking Reagan. Limited though he was, Reagan would never have stooped to assuring the world he was a stable genius. His first year didn't come close to Trump's daily clown show. And nor would he have cultivated deep dubious compromising contacts with Russia. Characteristically stupid comparison, Trump.

by Anonymousreply 499January 7, 2018 3:55 PM

Bannon apologizes BUT the backlash is quick!

David Axelrod @davidaxelrod @davidaxelrod

Note that in his fulsome apology, Bannon does not deny his comments, as reported in Wolff’s book. Complicates the WH claim that the book is “total fantasy.”

Daily Mail US @DailyMail @DailyMail

Bannon makes groveling APOLOGY to Trump and his son

Shaun King‏ @ShaunKing @ShaunKing

In his backhanded apology to Donald Trump, Steve Bannon admits everything he was quoted as saying in the book was quoted accurately. He just expounds on what he meant, but admits the quotes were accurate.

by Anonymousreply 500January 7, 2018 4:05 PM

The baboon tweets again;

Jake Tapper of Fake News CNN just got destroyed in his interview with Stephen Miller of the Trump Administration. Watch the hatred and unfairness of this CNN flunky!

And a reply....

IR.net ‏

@IRdotnet 2h2 hours ago Replying to @realDonaldTrump Wait, did you watch the same Jake Tapper and Stephen Miller as I did?

@EdKrassen Umm, actually from what I saw, Stephen Miller acted like a 5 year old brat who was trying to talk over his teacher.

You decide....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501January 7, 2018 4:16 PM

Just saw the replay on CNN of that Tapper interview with Satan-spawn Miller. It does not come off as Orangina describes, and deserves its own clip.

That Miller is one vile piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 502January 7, 2018 4:23 PM

And Dear Leader's tweet about Jake Tapper's interview proves exactly the point that Jake was making

by Anonymousreply 503January 7, 2018 4:25 PM

Miller is vile and needs to be taken out by back of wild dogs.

by Anonymousreply 504January 7, 2018 4:28 PM

The reviews

David Levine‏ @Dlloydlevine @Dlloydlevine I'm glad that people are pointing out that Michael Woolf is not the greatest journalist and not well respected. However no one is denying saying what they said to him. Thank you to @jaketapper for having this discussion today on CNN.

Jake Tapper @jaketapper @jaketapper More Jake Tapper Retweeted Donald J. Trump 🙄 Here’s the interview; judge for yourself:

Julie Alderman @juliealderman_ @juliealderman_ Jake Tapper did a great job with Stephen Miller, but it also raises the question of whether hosting such vapid people is worth a viewer’s time.

by Anonymousreply 505January 7, 2018 4:33 PM

[quote]I don't think this book will change one thing -- Republican lawmakers know he's unfit for office, they've known it since day one and decided to cover for him so they could advance...

I’m not quite as confident that’s true as you are. Republican lawmakers also have to look to their control of congress and the worse Trump looks to undecideds, the more they have to distance themselves from him.

Everyone’s saying “who cares, the trump haters already know this and the trump lovers don’t believe it” but there are many people in this country who are not political junkies and don’t hang on every little thing that happens. But this book is so dishy and so incendiary, and will be so widely read, that the negative impression of Trump will be spread far wider than traditional liberal circles.

by Anonymousreply 506January 7, 2018 4:43 PM

Oh, SNAP! This will not help...

And, where's the blonde gal?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507January 7, 2018 4:45 PM

Miller clearly didn't 'destroy' Jake, because he kept on pulling away from the 'stable genius' script to robust reality, one fact of which being approval ratings.

Miller was like an eager Scientologist, entirely Trumpwashed. Because he praised his Daddy, Trump saw his performance as destructive. Not constructive, you note. Tragic all round.

by Anonymousreply 508January 7, 2018 4:45 PM

SO! Do you think that anyone in the White House likes the book?

by Anonymousreply 509January 7, 2018 4:49 PM

Mommy and I sure did.

by Anonymousreply 510January 7, 2018 4:55 PM

Keep the faith, Baranon. It will all be better for you and mom before too long.

by Anonymousreply 511January 7, 2018 4:59 PM

I never thought anyone could be worse than George W, however, at least he fostered the pretence of actually knowing how things work in Washington. The problem with Trump is he has no idea how to get anything done, he has to rely on others and is too open to influence from his advisers and family. When you couple that with the fact he refuses to read and be briefed properly the question must be asked: how is he capable of formulating any policy. As unpredictable as he is the GOP can control him because he's like a blind man stumbling to find his way out.

The likes of Pence, Ryan and the rest of the GOP know what a moron he is but that's the way they like it, because without them Trump is hopeless. That gives them power; none of the policies being pushed by the GOP right now has anything to do with Trump, they all relate to the Republicans and their donors. If they truly had a strong President who was really in charge the worst excesses of the tax bill would have probably have been reigned in by now.

Trump is merely a stooge, albeit an unpredictable one for the Republicans and their backers.

by Anonymousreply 512January 7, 2018 5:15 PM

Yes, Wolff's book definitely confirms your nightmares at just how astoundingly incompetent and petty Trump is.

by Anonymousreply 513January 7, 2018 5:57 PM

Who put the heat on Bannon? A sharp turn-around and now he is trying to downplay and walk back his comments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514January 7, 2018 5:58 PM

Follow the money, R514.

by Anonymousreply 515January 7, 2018 6:03 PM

It doesn't matter now, Bannon let the cat out the bag. He got pushed out and lost the struggle with Kushner, that's why he talked to Wollf, he wanted to get his own back. I don't think anyone has tried to strong arm Bannon, he's probably just trying to protect himself from the worst of the backlash.

by Anonymousreply 516January 7, 2018 6:11 PM

Yeah, it is definitely Rebekah Mercer r515. Still, it's too late.

by Anonymousreply 517January 7, 2018 6:17 PM

Rebekah Mercer stated her requirements.

by Anonymousreply 518January 7, 2018 6:18 PM

Rebekah Mercer is ugly, it doesn't matter how much money she has plastic surgery can't change the shape of that cranium.

by Anonymousreply 519January 7, 2018 6:58 PM

The only response to this book/Trump/Republicans is vote them out of office in November. The Republicans are the problem. Then, impeach Trump/Pence. Then, take the white house 202O and pass campaign fiance reform and raised taxes for health care for all. Lots of problem-SOLVED.

We all need to back the progressive in our district/state now. And get on board the bernie sander/Elizabeth warren train now.

by Anonymousreply 520January 7, 2018 7:09 PM

Not a peep from Chief of Staff Gen. Kelly?

Maybe he is just holed up in his office and saying, "Fuck it, let them hang themselves."

by Anonymousreply 521January 7, 2018 7:09 PM

R520, I'm with you but might take a different train. But that discussion is for a different thread.

As for the present occupant, I love how most of the criticism is so general: "it's all fiction," while no one seems to deny any specific incidents. That seems deliberate: making a big deal of proving one quote or one encounter untrue would give credence to the other hundreds of things in the book; plus, Woolf says he has recordings.

by Anonymousreply 522January 7, 2018 7:18 PM

General Kelly and the rest of the republican cabal is at Camp David trying to talk Trump into Gutting social security, medicare and medicaid. Trump wants a wall and is distracted with the book and Bannon/Mercer betrayal.

by Anonymousreply 523January 7, 2018 7:19 PM

I wonder if Bannon sexually services Rebekah as part of the deal

by Anonymousreply 524January 7, 2018 7:20 PM

Evidently, Bannon has no money. Everything was coming from Mercer and she cut him out. So much for his "beliefs".

by Anonymousreply 525January 7, 2018 7:23 PM

Just finished the audiobook. Wow! Anyway, I was starting to respect Bannon (as much as I can respect an asshole who is speaking the truth). However, that has gone out the window now that he is back to kissing Trump's ass. The only reason he doesn't deny what he said in the book is because Wolff has the recordings..

by Anonymousreply 526January 7, 2018 7:25 PM

But the damage has been done, r526. The fact he's backtracking now won't make any difference.

by Anonymousreply 527January 7, 2018 7:39 PM

I think it would have been more fun to see Bannon and Trump at each other's throat until they both drop dead. But I don't deny there's some glee in seeing Bannon grovel. He's not a patch on Dick Cheney who really did excel as the evil mastermind behind a nincompoop president. Bannon does just comes off as a slovenly drunk paper tiger. Mitch McConnell must be laughing so hard his turkey wattle is jiggling 24/7. So much for destroying the establishment GOP, Stevie.

by Anonymousreply 528January 7, 2018 8:08 PM

Bush wasn't Trump r528.

Cheney couldn't have managed Trump well either. At the end of the day Trump is Trump, and there has never been someone who was more unqualified as a human being to sit in oval office.

by Anonymousreply 529January 7, 2018 8:12 PM

Donald Trump Jr. is a true patriot. A true patriot who committed treason. For the good of the country.

by Anonymousreply 530January 7, 2018 8:15 PM

[quote] I love how most of the criticism is so general: "it's all fiction," while no one seems to deny any specific incidents.

How about if it were said that the book makes claims "without evidence," and is presumed to be fiction based on the on-the-record denial by the people involved. The bluff of audio tapes doesn't count until they are demonstrated to be real.

by Anonymousreply 531January 7, 2018 8:20 PM

Bannon is quoted more than anyone in the book and he doesn't deny that he said those statements r531.

by Anonymousreply 532January 7, 2018 8:21 PM

Correctly quoting someone else's lie doesn't whitewash it into becoming truth.

by Anonymousreply 533January 7, 2018 8:25 PM

COULD THE berniebot stop posting up thread? He is not progressive and neither is recent republican Elizabeth Warren. The former is also linked to Trump’s Russian treason.

by Anonymousreply 534January 7, 2018 8:29 PM

[quote]Now that I've finished Michael Wolff's book, I can say: nothing could possibly underscore the truth of Wolff's portrayal of Trump, and of how Trump's staff humiliates themselves to please him, more than Stephen Miller's performance on @JakeTapper's show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535January 7, 2018 8:44 PM

Trump's mental condition is an unhealthy mix of stupidity, borderline insanity and severe narcissistic personality disorder, with a liberal dose of dementia thrown in. I'm not surprised he's virtually impossible to control. George W Bush was simply intellectually incurious and dim, Cheney and Rumsfeld never had any problems controlling him. It was only later on in his second term that Bush started showing some backbone, however, by the time he started trying to assert himself it was too late. Trump on the other hand is completely unpredictable, Wolff's book only confirms what has already been known for months.

by Anonymousreply 536January 7, 2018 9:15 PM

Bernie sanders and Elizabeth warren are both progressives.

by Anonymousreply 537January 7, 2018 9:26 PM

R537 Ineffectual progressives.

by Anonymousreply 538January 7, 2018 9:29 PM

Not to be shallow, but why does everybody working in this WH look like a space alien struggling to get out of their human skin suit?

by Anonymousreply 539January 7, 2018 9:31 PM

R539 Only bottom of the barrel Trumpbots left. Anyone with a brain or a conscience would be long gone.

by Anonymousreply 540January 7, 2018 9:35 PM

It will be very interesting to see what the general public's reaction will be as Wolff's TV tour goes on full blast this week.

He bears more than a passing resemblance, in both looks and voice, to Mike Meyer's Doctor Evil from the Austin Powers movies.

Will Deplorables seize on that? Will liberals find themselves in the odd position of defending a man they often decry? Or will the fact that much of what he's reporting is so obviously the truth not matter.

Grab your popcorn guys!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541January 7, 2018 9:38 PM

^^Mike Myers, not Meyers

by Anonymousreply 542January 7, 2018 9:39 PM

IT TWEETS AGAIN!!!!

The Fake News Awards, those going to the most corrupt & biased of the Mainstream Media, will be presented to the losers on Wednesday, January 17th, rather than this coming Monday. The interest in, and importance of, these awards is far greater than anyone could have anticipated!

OH MY! Will there be a red carpet? Who shall come? Who will be the presenters? I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS PRODUCTION! (eye roll)

The laughing stock of the world...

by Anonymousreply 543January 7, 2018 9:41 PM

I keep hoping that CNN or the Times takes out an ad in Variety to mimic the ones the studios use for the Oscars/Emmys R543

by Anonymousreply 544January 7, 2018 9:42 PM

Stephen Colbert already did that r544

by Anonymousreply 545January 7, 2018 9:44 PM

I hope he doesn't resign and gets a second term; the GOP have made a huge mistake helping to install this freak as POTUS. The Republicans need to face the consequences of endorsing this fool and for pushing through their tax bill.

by Anonymousreply 546January 7, 2018 9:47 PM

Keep wasting that taxpayer money, and time. Nothing else important to attend to.

by Anonymousreply 547January 7, 2018 9:47 PM

OH! Another one!

The Stock Market has been creating tremendous benefits for our country in the form of not only Record Setting Stock Prices, but present and future Jobs, Jobs, Jobs. Seven TRILLION dollars of value created since our big election win!

This idiot can't get off of the election. It must have been a fantastic night! Good food, drink, and entertainment....

by Anonymousreply 548January 7, 2018 9:48 PM

[quote] It must have been a fantastic night! Good food, drink, and entertainment....

THREE scoops of ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 549January 7, 2018 9:51 PM

[quote]I hope he doesn't resign and gets a second term

No you don't. Trump getting a second term would be disastrous. A sadder day for American than his first term, because we suffered under his idiocy but chose to reelect him.

by Anonymousreply 550January 7, 2018 9:51 PM

R550: Or it was stolen - again.

by Anonymousreply 551January 7, 2018 9:52 PM

Stephen Colbert @StephenAtHome @StephenAtHome

So excited for Monday’s “MOST DISHONEST & CORRUPT MEDIA AWARDS OF THE YEAR!” See you on the red carpet, @AndersonCooper! #TheFakies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552January 7, 2018 9:54 PM

All he has is the stock market. Which is not really his to take credit for, and if it is, it isn't benefiting the average American much.

by Anonymousreply 553January 7, 2018 9:57 PM

Trying to lay blame at the Russians lets the Americans who voted for him off the hook r551, tons of people looked at Donald Trump and decided he deserved their vote for President of the most powerful country on earth.

by Anonymousreply 554January 7, 2018 10:00 PM

I'd have done Banny just a couple of months ago. But now, the Ruskies are sending me a steady stream of hot twinks.

by Anonymousreply 555January 7, 2018 10:06 PM

[quote]Record Setting Stock Prices, but present and future Jobs, Jobs, Jobs. Seven TRILLION dollars

The inappropriate capitalizations, and the unwarranted use of ALL CAPS (not to mention the exclamation points, all the time for No! Good! Reason!)

Because he and his followers can't follow a thought without Attention Getting Shouting!!

by Anonymousreply 556January 7, 2018 10:06 PM

The housing bubble created nine TRILLION dollars of value, Trumpie. How did that work out for you? If I recall correctly, you were so butthurt that you sued to get out of paying a real estate loan you had taken out.

by Anonymousreply 557January 7, 2018 10:07 PM

Oh dear god I want R555 to be true. Because you know Vlad would do it.

I can't wait to see who Colbert wears on the red carpet tomorrow night!

by Anonymousreply 558January 7, 2018 10:09 PM

R528. "Mitch McConnell must be laughing so hard his turkey wattle must be jiggling 24/7."

^I want a date with you, 528. My treat.

by Anonymousreply 559January 7, 2018 10:17 PM

Keep Tweeting Fool..., you're your own downfall.

by Anonymousreply 560January 7, 2018 10:30 PM

Jake Tapper‏ @jaketapper @jaketapper

Thanks for the kind words, folks! Cheers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561January 7, 2018 10:34 PM

[quote]They can't print the book fast enough to keep up with the demand.

Print? Ask Julian Assange for a copy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562January 7, 2018 11:45 PM

He's got too much of an ego to resign. I wonder if the GOP are working on a plan to get him to step down without bringing them down as well.

by Anonymousreply 563January 8, 2018 1:15 AM

It's being reported that the Wikileaks link has been taken down, R562. BUT, it is also being reported that another one may have taken its place. I've noticed that this is generally being "reported" by the Right-Wing and many of them are jumping for joy! I personally don't think that it matters now. The damage has been done.

But, WHO ordered that this be done??? I'd say it's just another thing to investigate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564January 8, 2018 1:21 AM

Cuckolds and snowflakes. That's the alt right. Here's a clue to the white supremacist nazis we affectionately call the alt right. You shouldn't have adopted any Trump behavior, least of all his projection. Now everyone knows your biggest collective fears, and that BIG ONE in particular.

by Anonymousreply 565January 8, 2018 2:04 AM

If Bannon was so concerned with upsetting his sponsors why did he open his trap to begin with? He must have known what would happen when the book was released. Did Wolff feed him a line of bullshit, he doesn't strike me as being that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 566January 8, 2018 2:21 AM

[quote]I bet they stage a fake assassination attempt to drum up sympathy for trump and to "prove" there is an anti-trump Deep State plot run by democrats

Except that hoaxes are done by leftists and Democrats. A lot. Nice try, though.

by Anonymousreply 567January 8, 2018 4:47 AM

I have the PDF of the book.

Haven't read it yet though.

by Anonymousreply 568January 8, 2018 4:59 AM

Wow....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569January 8, 2018 9:05 AM

If only Miller's petulant refusing to leave then removal by security were a foreshadowing of 'POTUS' in the WH.

by Anonymousreply 570January 8, 2018 11:51 AM

I just don't understand these people. I'm watching "Morning Joe" and it seems that here are many people who KNEW that Trump was unfit for office because the questioned his mental stability. Uhm... Do these people care nothing for and about our nation?

by Anonymousreply 571January 8, 2018 12:04 PM

One great anecdote I hadn't seen talked about here.

Peter Thiel did the RNC speech and Trump was so flattering towards him and saying they were going to be great friends.

Then Thiel couldn't even get Trump to return his phone calls.

by Anonymousreply 572January 8, 2018 12:20 PM

R571, have you not been paying attention to what the GOP and their media sycophants have been doing the last few decades?

by Anonymousreply 573January 8, 2018 1:23 PM

I follow you, R573. But, that doesn't excuse this. If Joe Scarborough knew that something was wrong with Trump, then Mika knew also. On and on... My point point is that there are more than a few who KNEW that Trump was/is unfit and yet remain silent.

by Anonymousreply 574January 8, 2018 1:34 PM

This made me laugh aloud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575January 8, 2018 2:06 PM

That giant forheaded turd has been all over the wapo sniveling about how incompetent the orange fool is.

Without fail, several people in the comments remind him how he and his dumb ho gave the asshole endless free air time to call in and spout his nonsense without any questions, follow up or call out.

The giant headed asshole won't address HIS part in this farce. Nor will he ever. He's part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 576January 8, 2018 5:07 PM

"The “Morning Joe” host has been trying to sound the alarm about the president, whom he’s known for years, but he said political and journalistic norms had kept the topic buried.

“I’ve written twice in my column a quote about one of the people closest to Donald Trump during the campaign saying he’s got early stage of dementia,” Scarborough said. “He repeats the same stories over and over again. His father had it, and it’s getting worse, and not a single person who works for him doesn’t know it. He didn’t think he was going to win. Twice the Washington Post would not let me put that in my column. I salute them for having a high bar, but we’re at this moment, and until your book came out, this was something we were not allowed to speak about.”

Wolff, whose new book Fire and Fury contains numerous examples of Trump associates questioning the president’s fitness for office, said White House staffers are alarmed by his tweets — whether or not they’ll admit it to reporters.

“Everybody sees the president’s tweets,” Wolff told MSNBC. “The whole White House goes into a spasm when he tweets.”

He said White House officials like chief of staff John Kelly try to ignore them and focus on their own jobs, which often involve covering up for the president’s weaknesses."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577January 8, 2018 5:27 PM

Who are you talking about r576.

by Anonymousreply 578January 8, 2018 5:35 PM

SELL THAT BOOK! SELL IT, HONEY!!!

Sargent Says Macmillan Will Not Be Intimidated by Trump

In a memo to Macmillan employees sent this morning, company CEO John Sargent issued a forceful rejoinder to President Trump's attempt to prevent the publication of Michael Wolff's Fire and Fury by sending a cease and desist order to the publisher last week, as well as other intimidation tactics.

Noting that the battle between Trump and Macmillan is more than just about Fire and Fury, Sargent said the effort by the president to block publication is "flagrantly unconstitutional" and is something no court would back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579January 8, 2018 6:04 PM

[quote]Gorka: "I met Michael Wolff in Reince Priebus’ office, where he was waiting to talk to Steve Bannon, and after I had been told to also speak to him for his book..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580January 8, 2018 6:15 PM

What does that mean? We’re people instructed to speak to Wolff? By whom?

by Anonymousreply 581January 8, 2018 6:28 PM

Right-wing media was promoting that Wolff was doing this book r581, they were happy about it. Sorry to link to the dailycaller here

[quote]Famed columnist Michael Wolff is writing a book about the Trump White House and has gained extraordinary access, two sources with knowledge of the situation tell The Daily Caller.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582January 8, 2018 6:36 PM

The Calvary to the rescue!!! The painted people helped the Democrats and maybe they can now help the Republicans!

Fox News @FoxNews @FoxNews

.@RajShah45 on Michael Wolff’s book “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House”: "This book has little to no credibility. It's a total fabrication."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583January 8, 2018 6:47 PM

[quote]Bernie sanders and Elizabeth warren are both progressives.

R537 = Bernie Sanders jacking off to his own portrait

by Anonymousreply 584January 8, 2018 7:06 PM

Bannon knew what he was doing. He placed a bet, hoping that Trump would be closer to ouster and repudiated by the mainstream GOP by the time his comments appeared in the book. He lost the bet, at least for now. He is so cunning, he may still find a way to spin this when Trump finally goes down, though he’s further compromised himself with that apology. Trump is truly a tar baby, no one gets away clean.

by Anonymousreply 585January 8, 2018 7:09 PM

[quote]@RajShah45 on Michael Wolff’s book “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House”: "This book has little to no credibility. It's a total fabrication."

The deputy White House Secretary says the book is a fabrication? Welp, I guess that settles it then.

*snort*

by Anonymousreply 586January 8, 2018 7:10 PM

[quote]“Everybody sees the president’s tweets,” Wolff told MSNBC. “The whole White House goes into a spasm when he tweets.”

I've often wondered why they don't forcibly remove his phone from him.

by Anonymousreply 587January 8, 2018 7:13 PM

Because he would fire them.

by Anonymousreply 588January 8, 2018 7:18 PM

Exactly r588. At the end of the day he is President, if he wants any of his staffers gone they are gone.

That is why no matter what they will still go out of their way to try to suck up to him and stay in his good graces.

by Anonymousreply 589January 8, 2018 7:22 PM

I'm convinced he's drugged

by Anonymousreply 590January 8, 2018 7:31 PM

The only White House staffer (they are all quite comparatively young) who could afford to say "nuts to you!" is Gen. Kelly. But I suspect his military discipline is keeping him from stepping down. So, truly hardly anyone is in a position to confiscate his phone. in fact Miller has been suspected of producing some of his tweets.

by Anonymousreply 591January 8, 2018 7:31 PM

Kelly is one of them and always has been.

by Anonymousreply 592January 8, 2018 7:35 PM

A strong assertive woman!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593January 8, 2018 7:36 PM

R593 The outfit is boring, but Cole does have great hair!

by Anonymousreply 594January 8, 2018 7:56 PM

That jackass, morning Joe, r578.

I hate that square-headed scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 595January 8, 2018 8:09 PM

Kelly and Tillerson are NOT the good guys. Both are worse than Trump. Pence and ryan are pure creepy too. They all want to lock trump in the WH residence and prevent him from talking to the democrats.

Getting rid of Trump does not solve the true problem-The Republican Party and the Billionaire Agenda.

We need campaign finances reform and a major tax hike all these PSYCHO-rich.

by Anonymousreply 596January 8, 2018 8:23 PM

R596 That's a given. No self-respecting good person would associate with this walking human turd. Anyone who speaks up for him is by default tainted.

by Anonymousreply 597January 9, 2018 2:54 AM

The Trumpbots and Russian trolls are hilarious today. Been surfing some sites and they are on a roll and using ALLCAPS.

[quote]WE NEED TO BOYCOTT THIS BOOK AND ARREST THE AUTHOR

[quote]ANYONE WHO READS THIS BOOK IS A TRAITOR

by Anonymousreply 598January 9, 2018 4:12 AM

LOL! The Wikipedia Listing;

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599January 9, 2018 11:28 AM

Duh... yet, you kept silent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600January 9, 2018 11:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!