Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WEHT Ruby Gettinger?

Is she still fat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 21, 2020 5:54 PM

She made me nuts! Thanks for conjuring her back up!

by Anonymousreply 1January 4, 2018 12:47 AM

Good question. Forgot about her. My money is on still fat.

by Anonymousreply 2January 4, 2018 12:47 AM

Is her best friend Jeff still in the closet?

Questions, questions!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 4, 2018 12:59 AM

She lives on Facebook and talks all out her ass about the struggle and how god can help you through it and all this other mumbo jumbo bullshit. She still is fat. She won’t give up the ring dings.

by Anonymousreply 4January 4, 2018 12:59 AM

She's very pretty but clearly was sexually abused as a child. That often leads to significant weight gain, and she claims to not remember a huge chunk of her childhood.

But I think she refused to go to therapy to discuss it?

by Anonymousreply 5January 4, 2018 1:03 AM

No she was in therapy because I knew her psychologist. Of course she didn't tell me anything about their sessions. Ruby is never gonna be able to stick to a diet but she's a nice enough person.

by Anonymousreply 6January 4, 2018 1:06 AM

They need to bring her show back. And Savannah looks like a gorgeous place.

by Anonymousreply 7January 4, 2018 1:17 AM

Ruby! My sister and I used to watch her. At first we found her charming and likable. But the more we watched, the less I liked her.

She was very manipulative and basically full of shit. She talked a good game.

And like r5 said, I believe she had some sexual abuse. One thing I’ve learned from watching “Intervention” is that like 90% of the addicts on that show are survivors of abuse (usually sexual).

by Anonymousreply 8January 4, 2018 2:09 AM

What about the leechy on-again-off-again boyfriend Denny, who she wouldn't sleep with (or was it really vice versa?)?

by Anonymousreply 9January 4, 2018 6:08 AM

Dead

by Anonymousreply 10January 4, 2018 11:42 AM

oprah still is.

by Anonymousreply 11January 4, 2018 11:51 AM

Ruby, come back, we miss you girl!

by Anonymousreply 12January 4, 2018 9:05 PM

Yep, still fat. Tons of recent pics on her Twitter. No amount of hats, scarves and filters can hide it. Her new year resolution:

[quote] This year I am doing something different in 2018 I am letting go of all the resolutions I have for me and surrendering them to God, trusting Him completely. I can’t wait to see where He leads me. What is your resolution?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 5, 2018 1:22 AM

Here's a recent Instagram showing how fat she still is, but not as fat as she used to be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 11, 2018 3:50 AM

Hacky and essited!

by Anonymousreply 15February 11, 2018 3:51 AM

Recent update about her on a frau site.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 11, 2018 3:53 AM

Such a pretty face...

by Anonymousreply 17February 11, 2018 3:54 AM

She's a Life Coach now, of course.

[quote] In depth personal, confidential phone coaching with Ruby Gettinger. How Long: 45 minute sessions over the phone. For pricing and to receive an invoice please email Rubysmanager@gmail.com. Payment Method: PayPal, Square Cash

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 11, 2018 3:56 AM

This weighloss blogger wrote a skeptical post about Ruby in 2013. Excerpts:

[quote]Ruby appears to be a woman with no apparent means of earning a living except for marketing her weight loss attempts. Her current and future income now depend on being a successful affiliate for Visalus products.

[quote] Ruby announced that she’s doing a second “90-Day Challenge.” Well sure she is, she is still over 300lbs and she’s got product to sell. It would be nice to see her promoting weight loss through a whole foods diet but I don’t know of an affiliate program for cruciferous vegetables. Protein powder does pay better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 11, 2018 4:01 AM

She’s very pretty

by Anonymousreply 20February 11, 2018 4:16 AM

IIRC, there were some news items around the time her show was cancelled, about her cheating on the weigh-ins, binging and fasting, keeping her exercise equipment dusted off to look like she was using it when she actually wasn't, etc. After the show failed her weight skyrocketed again.

While I found her charming, I also felt she was manipulative of everone around her, who all basically enabled her. She didn't seem to have ever held a job and just lived on disability and others' hospitality, like her closeted bff, Jason (can't remember but I believe they lived together and he paid the rent. Somebody correct me if I'm mistaken).

by Anonymousreply 21February 11, 2018 4:17 AM

Denny Starr, the great unconsummated love of Ruby's life. He's a "rock musician."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 11, 2018 4:21 AM

I'm wondering what Ruby feels she has accomplished in order to charge people for Life Coaching. She has apparently never held a job. I recall an episode on her reality show where she was learning to ride a bicycle. It was pathetic a woman well into middle age had such limited life experience. I pitied her. Her main income source appears to be shilling products (and her own celebrity) related to her neverending weightloss "journey." I imagine her customers will be overweight, parochial, starstruck frauen who find her "inspiring" because she's just like them, y'all.

by Anonymousreply 23February 12, 2018 3:58 PM

RIP Ruby

by Anonymousreply 24February 12, 2018 9:46 PM

Here's her YouTube channel, y'all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 13, 2018 12:48 AM

Ruby, you're such an inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing your journey.

by Anonymousreply 26February 17, 2018 9:48 PM

Poor ruby. I liked her. I didn’t understand how anyone could forget chunks of their childhood

by Anonymousreply 27February 17, 2018 9:55 PM

She's probably a great life coach! "Start in the baked goods section of the Wegman's, then work your way down to ice cream and novelty treats, and on the way to get some Coke, pick up some nice chips!"

by Anonymousreply 28February 18, 2018 5:49 AM

I bet Yvonne could whip her into shape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 19, 2018 6:33 AM

Deceased

by Anonymousreply 30February 19, 2018 10:43 AM

If there was such a thing as a Virgin Frau, she would be it.

by Anonymousreply 31February 20, 2018 6:02 AM

Her Twitter feed is mostly trite encouragement with a heavy dose of the almighty God, such as...

"Life is not about people who act true to your face. It's about people who remain true behind your back. God will always reveal the truth in time. Do not worry God’s got your back."

by Anonymousreply 32December 1, 2018 2:49 PM

I live in savannah. But I only saw the guy she refers to as her nephew and that guy she lived with. Not the boyfriend, but her friend.

I've also always wondered while the show was on. Where her money came from. For someone with only a disability income, she sure got around a lot. Especially when she was living in los Angeles. But I'm sure she collected a nice salary from the show while it was on the air. My mom and I enjoyed watching her show.

Maybe Oprah will give her a show on the OWN network. That seems like a good fit for ruby. Or maybe even TLC.

by Anonymousreply 33December 1, 2018 3:04 PM

She was extremely manipulative.

by Anonymousreply 34December 2, 2018 3:52 PM

2019: Still fat, taking strategically angled selfies of only her face for Instagram, calling herself a Life Coach, and offering Jesusy bits of inspiration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 8, 2019 3:17 AM

This woman is a pig. Also, she was not sexually abused. She came on to men and seduced them when she was young. Nobody would ever have sex with this filthy beast. The only thing she coaches in life is for the waitress to bring her a bigger slice of pie.

by Anonymousreply 36April 8, 2019 3:31 AM

She's where Sarah Ferguson would be if not for Weight Watchers.

by Anonymousreply 37May 17, 2019 3:50 PM

Why does she get disability?

Her chins have been surgically reduced.

by Anonymousreply 38May 17, 2019 4:35 PM

I don't know for sure if she gets disability. I just assumed.

by Anonymousreply 39June 25, 2019 5:22 AM

^ Maybe for "depression" or some snowflakey "anxiety disorder."

by Anonymousreply 40September 28, 2019 12:33 AM

2020: Still fat.

by Anonymousreply 41June 21, 2020 5:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!