Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ellen Page weds girlfriend

The photo of the two of them is so lesbionic, I admire them. That’s how I’d like to look if I was a dyke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 5, 2018 1:18 PM

It's a big step for her because a lot are closeted or confused about all gay matters in NS.

Which is probably why she swallowed the trans propaganda hook,line, and sinker.

by Anonymousreply 1January 3, 2018 10:36 PM

In true lesbian fashion, it looks like as recent as Jan 2017 (per Instagram) Ellen was in a relationship with someone else (Samantha Thomas). I wonder what happened?

by Anonymousreply 2January 3, 2018 10:37 PM

Is her wife the surfer chick she was dating, or someone else? She introduced her girlfriend on Ellen a couple years ago.

by Anonymousreply 3January 3, 2018 10:40 PM

R3, that appears to be her ex- the blonde surfer girl

by Anonymousreply 4January 3, 2018 10:41 PM

Can two women really have a meaningful relationship?

by Anonymousreply 5January 3, 2018 10:44 PM

Good for her. She is one of the few successful out actors we have.

by Anonymousreply 6January 3, 2018 10:44 PM

Ah okay, good for Ellen. She is still my front-runner to be the first openly gay actor to win an acting Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 7January 3, 2018 10:45 PM

Yes, R5. If they can have real conversations, but that is rare with any - gay or straight.

by Anonymousreply 8January 3, 2018 10:45 PM

Correction, she was still with the ex as of February 2017.

by Anonymousreply 9January 3, 2018 10:53 PM

New wifey is 22 & Page is 30. It won’t last. Who gets married at 22 ffs?

by Anonymousreply 10January 3, 2018 10:56 PM

Congrats to the happy couple!

Where is her career? Juno and Inception were a loooong time ago. Flatliners remake? Eeek!

Ellen need a hit like a crackhead need a hit.

by Anonymousreply 11January 3, 2018 10:57 PM

Did they play this at the wedding?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 3, 2018 10:59 PM

Of course it won't last, R10. It was a U-HAUL wedding.

by Anonymousreply 13January 3, 2018 11:00 PM

Do the lesbians of Datalounge hate successful and out lesbians like the gay men of Datalounge hate successful and out gay men?

Or is R13 a gay man who hates everyone including himself?

by Anonymousreply 14January 3, 2018 11:17 PM

Mazeltov!

by Anonymousreply 15January 3, 2018 11:50 PM

R7 that's gonna be hard to happen because since coming out as a lesbian her roles have been drying up, and her movies have been gaining little if any money as her in lead. Her biggest box office hit with her in lead was Juno; her as supporting actress was Inception.

by Anonymousreply 16January 4, 2018 12:09 AM

Can't believe she ever bothered with the closet. She and Alex Skarsgaard are at the top of my list of oddest Hollywood pairings ever (I know they weren't a real couple, but still).

I admire her for having been able to carve out the success she had in Hollywood despite being EXTREMELY difficult to cast (5 feet tall, much younger-looking than true age, boyish figure, butch, cute but not conventionally pretty). After Juno, she apparently wanted to avoid being typecast as the odd spunky hipster girl, despite that being her forte.

With all that said, she's a cute pocket dyke and the missus is pretty. Congrats to them.

by Anonymousreply 17January 4, 2018 12:18 AM

Happy scissoring girls.

by Anonymousreply 18January 4, 2018 12:21 AM

[quote]New wifey is 22 & Page is 30. It won’t last. Who gets married at 22 ffs?

Maybe it’s a shotgun wedding?

by Anonymousreply 19January 4, 2018 12:26 AM

I'm not sure her roles are drying up because of her coming out. She was never a romantic lead anyway. She's at a weird transitional phase in her career because at her age she can't play the cool (or uncool) rebel hipster type anymore but she still looks so damn young that no one is going to take her seriously as something like a Senator or doctor or FBI agent, etc.. She can't really play a mother for the same reason. She's probably stuck with 30-something quirky dramedies and those roles are all going to Greta Gerwig and Lens. She's probably going to be a little thin on good work until she looks a little older. She should do some good lesbian films. Unfortunately, I think they only make one of those every decade or so.

by Anonymousreply 20January 4, 2018 12:45 AM

She kind of has the same problem that winona ryder had. Maybe when she is much older she can get more roles.

by Anonymousreply 21January 4, 2018 12:49 AM

Jesus together less than a year. I was worried this would happen when we got the freedom to marry; the lesbians would skip the U-Haul stage and go straight for the wedding altar.

by Anonymousreply 22January 4, 2018 1:12 AM

She can do the Jodi Foster thing and be the bright grad student whose passion saves the world from genetically engineered robots. Geek guys are still protective of her lesbian or not. It can be Emma Watson and Ellen as her quirky sister.

by Anonymousreply 23January 4, 2018 1:17 AM

I like her and am happy for her.

by Anonymousreply 24January 4, 2018 1:20 AM

R 8, agreed.

by Anonymousreply 25January 4, 2018 1:38 AM

Money and instagram photos, R25

by Anonymousreply 26January 4, 2018 1:45 AM

[quote]That’s how I’d like to look if I was a dyke.

Geeze. Smh. Why does the webmaster allow dyke? Any chance you can ban the word like you do f-ggot? I’m sick of seeing it here.

by Anonymousreply 27January 4, 2018 1:59 AM

Yes, R14, I must be self-hating if I think that two people marrying after less than a year of romance (with one party being 22 years old) are probably rushing into things. I would say the same thing about a straight couple, btw.

by Anonymousreply 28January 4, 2018 2:17 AM

Is this the one with the talk show?

by Anonymousreply 29January 4, 2018 1:12 PM

Two years tops. Then "Page and Wife Emma Porter Split".

by Anonymousreply 30January 4, 2018 1:19 PM

Is Emma going to get her money?

by Anonymousreply 31January 4, 2018 1:25 PM

I’m sure the reception potluck was very nice.

by Anonymousreply 32January 4, 2018 1:54 PM

Nutloaf

by Anonymousreply 33January 4, 2018 2:35 PM

R17, that was the oddest thing. Made me wonder about him.

by Anonymousreply 34January 4, 2018 2:39 PM

Mazel! R20 nails it.

The other day I was watching “To Rome With Love” (shut up), and I was puzzled that she was cast as the femme fatale. I guess the scene where her character describes her affair with a woman was the reason they cast an obvious lesbian. She and Greta Gerwig should have been switched. Ellen Page is the polar opposite of the “manic pixie dream girl”!

Anyway, I like her and wish her well.

by Anonymousreply 35January 4, 2018 2:56 PM

R35, I feel like he wrote the bisexual sex goddess (yawn times infinity btw) part with Scarlett Johanssen in mind - but she realized she had been in enough shitty Woody Allen movies and turned it down. Ellen Page would have been much better cast in the Jesse Eisenberg part.

by Anonymousreply 36January 4, 2018 3:03 PM

Good for her! Glad she's happy

by Anonymousreply 37January 5, 2018 3:08 AM

Which one is the husband?

by Anonymousreply 38January 5, 2018 1:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!